JOBBER STARE

JOBBER STARE
DEFEND THIS GHOST RIDERFAGS

Attached: jobber stare.jpg (1988x3056, 2.25M)

Death Battle was a while ago, dawg. No one cares.

>being this much of a casual

The jobber stare has become practically a joke. It doesn't work on anything anymore.
Why would a ghost Rider fan even defend it anymore? Like, all a GR fan can do at this point is say "it was once something cool that's been destroyed, like the X-Men, the Inhumans, and the light of joy in a soon to be molested child's eyes."

>hating Ghost Rider
What’s it like having shit taste

Seems Ghost Rider should focus on swinging chains and fire around since his stare does basically nothing. Aunt May's stare is more deadly than his.

Death Stare didn't work against Doom and Punisher.

Death Stare is fucking useless and now it apparently can fuck the user instead as well.

Reminder that Carol beat it because "I'VE DONE ENOUGH PENANCE LMAO" and Thanos enjoyed it.
This is the fucking jobber superpower.

Shit writing like this is why we can't have nice things.

I read it as a sign that Marvel (((hero))) are psychopaths who are incapable of penance

I think we reached a point where Marvel will need to hire a writer like Ewing or Morrison to retcon all this bullshit

Well, Web of Venom: Funeral Pyre showed that Carnage was able to damage and kill beasts from hell, so he would technically be able to deny Jobber Stare.

I don’t think writers remember how the penance stare works anymore

Penance stare has backfired when used on symbiotes since the 90s.

Attached: venom vs ghost rider.jpg (982x1537, 512K)

the problem with not respecting. God

for the writers

It’s amazing how years of characters being immune to it to show how badass they are has officially made the penance stare the worst superpower ever.

Found you.

>and the light of joy in a soon to be molested child's eye
What an apt metaphor for Ghost Rider as a concept

Yeah so it ain't a wonder it doesn't work on Clethus. Especially after the magic related upgrades shoved into him

To be fair, Cletus doesn't even fucking have eyes at this point. I have no idea why he thought that would work.

Pennace stare has never worked on symbiotes you fucking casuals

>Doesn't work on symbiotes
>Cletus may very well still be mostly dead in there
>Cletus is wearing the most ancient and terrible of all symbiotes. A Dark God's battle armour
>Cletus has temporarily absorbed the power of a Rider

It was the worst thing Danny could possibly have tried

You would think Danny learned his lesson when he met venom.

I call it the Dalek Effect. "The ultimate killing force" can't be as effective as all that, otherwise the show is over. They can only be defeated so many times before they just become a soapbox with "Threat" scribbled on it for other people to use to look more impressive.

well at least this seems less egregious than Punisher, and Cap Marvel no selling it.

Without even going into the validity of each case... it's pretty silly how everyone can resist it.

I just had a "genius" idea. Maybe GR should get a Super Stare that's even stronger than the regular stare. Then have that stare work on everybody.

Jesus christ, they managed to one up both prof x and martian manhunter argh muh mind moments

So many casuals. The title of the book alone is a throwback to the Spirits of Venom arc from the 90's. I even liked the fact that Carnage mentions it in OP's pic.

then in 5 years, we can have someone show how cool and awesome they are by resisting the super stare.

>never worked on symbiotes
>pretty sure carolwanking the stare happened within a month of her movie coming out, carolshilling exists
>Cletus has god armor, not just for armor but shit born from a god who existed before the universe

Avengers #16: March 6th 2019
Captain Marvel: March 8th 2019

LITERALLY the only reason Carol still exists is because we all collectively decide to ignore massive parts of her history. Can we just fast track forgetting the Penance Stare bullshit please

Omega Effect is worse given all the people that can tank, block and evade the untankable, unblockable, and undidgeable beams.

I think that goes to telekinesis in gener- AARRRRGGGHHHH!

Why would it work on Captain Marvel at all? I thought it only affects morally bad people. Frank is a gray area, sure, but Carol is a superhero. I wouldn’t expect the Penance Stare to affect, say, Spider-man.

They only started pretending she was this paragon of virtue relatively recently.

Carol is a “superhero” that forcibly separated a mother from her child because she was a retired superhero that refused to register.

Should work on damn near anyone
>Worked on Frank Castle pic related
>Worked on Dr Strange
>Worked on Deadpool but had recoil

Attached: RCO040_1495250403.jpg (981x1507, 343K)

Seems legit

its not the fans fault the character is written by hacks

but then cosmic ghost rider used it to kill thanos in his first mini...

That's why he does it like this...

Attached: How ketch deals with venom.jpg (1000x1537, 199K)

How about having it that resisting the penance stare only makes it work very slowly on the victim's psyche. So after a couple of years, the pain they've inflicted on other starts to gradually build up in their minds.

It starts of as a slight empathetic pain when they strike someone. Then day by day, it revisits each and every anguish the victim has inflicted indefinitely. Not just pain inflicted on humans, but animals, plants and insects as well.

The only way to cure it is to seek out a Rider

This shit is simply not consistent at all, Marvel editors are fucking useless

Attached: DD1DyiBXkAALlYo[1].jpg (828x1200, 295K)

>JOBBER STARE
>DEFEND THIS GHOST RIDERFAGS
Not
>JOBBER STARE
>DEFEND THIS IF YOU DARE

Was this before he was brought back to life by angels because god wanted his help killing demons? You know, the same run that was referenced in Thunderbolts when an angel feather flew to Frank to heal him after he got fucked up escaping Mephisto's hell?