A cartoon from the 40s (that's 100 years ago) has better animation than anything on TV right now

>A cartoon from the 40s (that's 100 years ago) has better animation than anything on TV right now

Why is this allowed? What ever happened to progress, aren't humans supposed to get better at things over time? Why are things getting worse instead of better and everybody is fine with it?

Attached: Superman-fleischer.jpg (400x400, 58K)

You’re right. Forget our medical advances, the fact our cartoons aren’t as well animated is the real issue.

Those were theatrical shorts.
In that regard, modern movie animation is absolutely better than fleisher superman.

Hey OP, the reason it has better animation than today is down to it's ridiculous budget, which only happened because the Flesicher's kept on demanding more money in an attempt to get DC to NOT hire them to make it.

Last I checked I was posting on Yea Forums not /sci/ so why don't you should up and get the fuck out if you don't want to stay on topic.

You’re the one complaining about humanity not living up, pal.

Not living up to making better cartoons, yes.

You're talking as if the only thing that affects the quality of animation is technical ability

There are many very talented animators in the industry who could do all kinds of insane shit if they had carte blanche

But the kind of shit that gets on TV? That goes through an army of risk-averse penny-pinching middle managers who want to water down products for mass appeal while also spending as little money and time on them as possible

It's like being disappointed at the food they serve at McDonalds. If you wanted something decent, you probably should've gone to a professional chef for your meal, instead of an industrialized food assembly line.

Do you count 3D stuff as animation?

The problem is that you can't go to a 5 star cartoon channel and pay extra to get better animated cartoons. It's like in Demolition Man, there's only Taco Bell left in animation, no competition.

who cares, it's all moving imagines for babies!

Attached: mioo.jpg (1440x900, 393K)

I like Demolition Man.

Because the way they made cartoons was more devoted pushed out by a single studio with lots of man hours doing it the difficult way instead of networks paying for DOZENS of shows simultaneously cutting corners to make them as cheap as possible, with hard set deadlines and constantly sending the tedious work overseas to countries that don't charge a living wage. Modern cartoons are the Fast food of animation. Quick and easy and cheap but lacking in substance.

That's retarded. Stop saying retarded shit.

capitalism

The Fleischer shorts were made by some of the better the best, maybe animation teams in America and was given an almost literally unlimited budget.

Attached: 1526225848421.gif (478x354, 2.35M)

Attached: this.png (392x200, 40K)

This cartoon wouldn't exist in the first place without capitalism

Because it wasn't produced for tv. They were meant to be shown before films, and this had a much higher budget. Adjusting for inflation, the Fleischer shorts cost the equivalent of about 1 million dollars each to make.

Only show in recent memory with a comparable per-episode budget was Avatar.

Lmao fuck off

Because it was a series of theatrical shorts made by some of the best animators in the business at the time with an almost absurdly large budget. If I had a team of some of the best animators today, payed them thousands of dollars per frame and didn't give them strict weekly deadlines I'd probably make a masterpiece too.

I didn't know it was 2040.

don't car about the bitching, gonna go watch some superman.

This is the ticket.

The oldest fully made-for-TV cartoons were TRASH in terms of animation compared to today (think everything HB did). While there's a lot of cheap crap, the quality toons of today have the best animation in the history of television.

>that's 100 years ago
user, I...

>A cartoon from the 40s (that's 100 years ago)
You have to be 18+ to post on Yea Forums

I watched this in theaters back in '41 AMA

>aren't humans supposed to get better at things over time?

This is a late 19th century progressivist myth that was never true. The whole of human history is based around a rise and a decline. A mere generation after Rome fell you had barbarians looking at the colossal buildings they left, wondering what sort of giants once roamed the Earth that could build that.

Welcome. You're living in the twilight of western civilization. The disintegration of everything you know is not only inevitable but will continue at a quicker and quicker pace, and once it all disintegrates humanity will never rise again, because we're devolving into brown apedom.

>>A cartoon from the 40s (that's 100 years ago)
my heart skipped a fucking beat

>1940 was a hundred years ago

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-11-19-56-14-263_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg (1066x770, 150K)

>A cartoon from the 40s (that's 100 years ago)
a-user

What? Middleages knew about Rome.

>1940 to 2019 is a century
Go back to school Clarence

Diff user, but yes and no.

Some of the people in the middle ages knew about Rome, usually in the abstract, while others knew in detail enough about Rome to know they were the ones that built those things,even less of them knew how though. And some knew nothing at all.

So you'd have tiers of information. One man might know that Rome built the Colosseum, and how they did so, with advanced construction techniques and many men working together. Another might know Rome built them, but assumed that Rome had Giants enslaved to build them by hand. Another might know Rome existed and built it, but assumed that Romans WERE giants, and built it by hand. While another knew Rome existed, but didn't know they built the Colosseum, and assumed Giants built it. Another might not know Rome as anything but a long ago kingdom from the bible, and still thinks it was giants. Another doesn't know shit about Rome period, also assumes giants.

ITT autists fail to spot sarcasm

Also the amount of money paid into those shorts was fucking absurd.

We're 2 decades before 2040, boy.

>The disintegration of everything you know is not only inevitable but will continue at a quicker and quicker pace, and once it all disintegrates humanity will never rise again, because we're devolving into brown apedom.

ah, white fragility at its finest.

Attached: imagegen.jpg (600x300, 59K)

Is there any actual proof that medieval people thought that Romans were giants or whatever? And that this belief wasn't just a thought by the most uneducated of medieval people, akin to believing in bigfoot, or simply a child's tale about Rome?

From what I've read, the more educated medieval people had knowledge basically equivalent, and then eventually surpassing, that of Romans. But they could not replicate many Roman achievements because of various factors which include mass depopulation, inferior infrastructure and decentralization of power. But they bounced back fairly quickly (about 500 years).

>A cartoon from the 40s (that's 100 years ago) has better animation than anything on TV ever
Fixed.

FFS, can this "old good, new bad" horseshit stop? No one's forcing you to watching steven universe, ya know.

Shitty 3d is absolutely not better than the Fleischer stuff.

Yes, that's right. As long as our medical field is sufficiently "advanced", and can't be afforded by the majority of the people in this country; that's all that matters. Everything else can go to shit, and drop through the floor in terms of quality. Bravo.

Attached: 1562457967574.png (637x631, 18K)

And now it and things like it can't exist because of capitalism.

Attached: 1557346347754.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

>40's are 100 years ago
This is why American education is utter shit

> A mere generation after Rome fell you had barbarians looking at the colossal buildings they left, wondering what sort of giants once roamed the Earth that could build that.
But that's fucking wrong

Byzantium, Eastern Rome, was literally the reason the Crusades happened. People knew about the Empire.

>40’s
>100 years ago
Tell me Mr. Time traveler, how much worse does it get in 20 years?

Attached: 349286D8-E836-4BBA-BD35-5FDBE1ACCD41.jpg (417x503, 72K)

Well you see user, we could have been exploring the stars by now but our grandparents wanted cheap labor and ethnic food. So slowly but inevitably the first world is becoming the third world, with third world standards for everything.