Amazing Spider-Man #29 storytime

In which our hero catches up with family.

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.87M)

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-001.jpg (1987x3056, 2.45M)

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-002.jpg (1988x3056, 1.63M)

Thanks for the storytime

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-003.jpg (1988x3056, 1.57M)

ITS HAPPENING

IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-004.jpg (1988x3056, 2.01M)

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-005.jpg (1988x3056, 2.07M)

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-006.jpg (1988x3056, 2.67M)

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-007.jpg (1988x3056, 1.67M)

Shouldn't Peter know that "part specifically written for me" is code for "the writer/director wants to bang me"?

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-008.jpg (1988x3056, 1.54M)

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.99M)

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-010.jpg (1988x3056, 1.59M)

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-011.jpg (1988x3056, 1.69M)

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1.49M)

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-013.jpg (1988x3056, 1.29M)

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-014.jpg (1988x3056, 1.4M)

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-015.jpg (1988x3056, 1.83M)

BL*CKED

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-016.jpg (1988x3056, 2.33M)

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-017.jpg (3975x3056, 3.97M)

Not necessarily. The lead in Independence Day, Captain Steven Hiller, was written specifically for Will Smith by Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin. Although, Roland is a known homosexual and we are talking about 25 year old action movie "running down Miami streets with his shirt open in Bad Boys" era Will Smith, so you might have a point.

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-018.jpg (1988x3056, 1.7M)

You could've called you dumbass.

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-019.jpg (1988x3056, 1.91M)

Oh man, this is really good shit.

It just feels right, Yea Forums. Why did we have to lose this?

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-020.jpg (1988x3056, 1.45M)

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-021.jpg (1988x3056, 1.32M)

Quesada

HELL YEAH

Attached: Amazing Spider-Man 029-022.jpg (1988x3056, 1.66M)

GASP!

Bros......

Well shit, I hope Spencer can pull it off

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

Oh shit, forgot about her.

YES

Attached: happening.gif (312x213, 973K)

Godfucking dammit Spencer should stop toying with us like this, we know it's not going to happen again.

Is this Trouble?

he's going to lose the ring, or she's going to meet some chad in LA

spidey is for suffering, this is just one big blue balls issue, marvel will never allow the marriage again

Is there a letters page by chance?

Peter is becoming self-aware.

MJ just got a huge popularity boost from the shocker thing so the director could just be looking to cash in on the publicity or considering how amazing the script seems to be maybe he just envisions the character as a busty redhead and doesn't want to deal with fans seeing other characters in the role. Like Robert Downey Junior can never play a snarky role again without people thinking Iron Man and you don't want that in your epic.

I mean out of universe we know it's Mysterio being a dick but in universe there's a lot of reasons to hire MJ.

You shut up, don't even bring that shit up.

May is nice

Yeah, it's not like you made a deal with the devil, right?

>mysterio cucks peter

Attached: amazingmaryjane.jpg (1200x1821, 2.11M)

I've been baited so many times that I don't feel anything anymore. Even though this could be the one.

Attached: 1559407520061.jpg (493x352, 60K)

I'm hoping all this ends with Mysterio ending up in Peter's civilian life as his Wifes dickhead boss.

>marvel will never allow the marriage again
Spencer said that there was no editorial mandate to keep MJ and Peter apart, and the very first thing he did when he started his run was to get them back together so it's not like it can't happen again.

At first, I thought clarmelon disguise as a woman in order to get information from z random black guy.

Attached: ynasu10o1z631.png (750x743, 483K)

Mysterio only THINKS he's cucking Peter. Look closely at "MJ's" hand and you'll see it is merely Nightcrawler in bodypaint and a wig.

Damn!

>Amazing Spider-Man #29

I haven't read Spidey since OMD but Jesus shit how is this numbering even possible? They just full reboot every 2 years now?

>I don't know how to read a cover

Legacy numbering, it started with #1 when Spencer took over last year.

so more white men suck crap like always

Cute

bros, will he ever be free from kindred?

Attached: home.jpg (1987x3056, 1.22M)

Don't tease me bro

DON'T TEASE ME BRO

When is Gleason starting?

Some other day: a fix for one more day

Issue 32, in October.

>Spencer fridges the black guy
How does he keep getting away with it?

If it isn’t some sjw or feminist story it’s just boring. Such a trash run. Also of course every single women in marvel has to fuck a black guy

>Stingray

...nobody told him?

Why is MJ no longer hot looking?

Every fucking time.

How haven't you been banned yet? It's fucking spam.

The bus came back!

Don’t you have a hawkman thread to make somewhere?

Why do black men threaten you so much?

Trouble flashbacks?

The Sister.

nah May dated a gangster back in the day . I think it was in one of the 100s issue by Lee? 100 or 200 or 300.

Nothing is better than aunt may's cheesecakes MJ.

I don't know why I really like it when Pete casually walks on walls for no real reason

>Moses
Your jewness is showing Stan

200, 100 was him hallucinating with the help of chameleon and 300 was the partial introduction of venom

Oh shit its habbeping

That's...somehow better. Instead of mysterio cucking pete its pete cucking logan

>100 was him hallucinating with the help of chameleon
What?
#100 is when he gets six arms.

>some other day
H-hold me, bros

>Peter, did I ever tell you the time were I cheated your uncle with your father?

>three issues to pull this off
Can the mad lad do you it?

Oh God, why couldn’t they just let this character stay in fucking limbo?

>One More Day
>Brand New Day
>Some Other Day
FUCKING CONFIRMED.

This isn't gonna lead to the Spiderman/Black Cat story is it? The one that's obviously poking fun at the Batman/Catwoman thing.

Is this before or after the Carnage stuff?

that was the end of the issue though, I thought 100 was him hallucinating all issue until he finally takes the cure. So what am I thinking of then?

Yeah, that’s never going to happen.

NOTHING HAPPENS IN THIS FUCKING COMIC

"Remember the issue where MJ packed a bag and Pete beat up those AIM goons?"

NO. Because nobody gives a shit. How can they charge money for this shit?

Spider-man has always been at least partly a soap opera. We're in this for the relationship drama and rather or not Peter x MJ will really happen again which this issue took a pretty big jump with considering Aunt May gave her blessing and encouraged them to get married and Peter straight up has a ring now.

Before

You're right, it's just that you said that he was tripping because of Chameleon so that seemed weird to me.

I'm honestly shocked that she's actually sticking around as part of the supporting cast.

Ummm, Stingray got killed by Namor a few months ago......

It's not like this issue is setting up the marriage again.

>How can they charge money for this shit?
Lucky for you, you're not giving them a dime.

Who the FUCK is this?

What made me confused was I thought I was thinking of the time mysterio convinced him he was going nuts and Pete almost revealed himself to the psychiatrist he was disguised as

What a waste of space. If I'd want to read someone sucking on MJ/Peter pairing I'd read some fanfiction. Equally worthless in value.

I see

Attached: 1561553268229.jpg (3000x1489, 429K)

Wouldn't this undo the deal from OMD?

I skipped over the Sinister six stuff, anything I need to know?

This was the calm before the storm. A chance to let all the characters breathe for an issue before next issue is MEGA SYMBIOTE EVENT PEOPLE DIE NOTHING IS EVER THE SAME.

A bad soap opera plot device that the writers for some inexplicable reason refuse to leave in the trash where it belongs...

I think so

Fred knows something important and Randy is dating Beetle, also F.E.A.S.T was blown up but Toombstone fixed it.

I think since the pages in #25, he's been working on his issues.
Pic related is an image he posted on twitter and he said he is back to inking, so he probably has done a considerable amount of pages.

Attached: EDjk_P_XUAAh_a4.jpg (2048x2040, 688K)

No, they mentioned an issue or two later that he was "severely injured".

Inb4 they fake out the MJ ring to spite Sony

Seriously, just fuck off.

It was a nice issue, one of those solid one offs done before a mandatory event with the built in feel of "see you in two months". I wonder though what'll happen to one moment in time I hope they just say fuck it retcon the marriage back and just turn OMD into a trial seperation. But I've been liking what spencer has been doing thus far and I hope he'll get some time to tell all the stories he wants, as much as I appreciate his fixing everything at a breakneck speed I hope he just has fun with what he wants to do on top of it all

He lived, they mentioned that in the next issue.

I thought peter and mj met for the first time around issue 40 of asm

what

I should read the thing before I comment next time.

fuck off slott. go suck some quesadilla.

There's been a lot of peter going crazy but then finding out its someone else huh? I want an arc where peter just flips his shit for months, kinda like a batman RIP but I dunno what his Zurenah would be

No, retard. this is the calm before the calm.
Every single issue is like this.

Of the 33 issues so far, 30 have been part of a multi-issue story. On a per-issue basis, virtually nothing occurs.
This nigger spent 12 issues on reverting Kraven's status quo back to the point it was at before Grim Hunt.

>Shouldn't Peter know
Should he know? Yes.
Does he know? I'm pretty sure every writer for the last 20 years has insisted that he's an idiot.

>No, retard. this is the calm before the calm.
I don't think you read very well if you don't see that was basically my point.
>Every single issue is like this
Nah.
>spent 12 issues on reverting Kraven's status quo
So an objectivly good thing? What's the issue here?

And it's fucking great, I am so goddamn sick of writers trying to change everything only for nothing to happen. It's why JMS's run was good, it was practically a slice of life for certain parts.

I think he should've tried to tie friendly neighborhood into hunted, at least boost the books issue count. I've been hearing cancelation rumors and I want it to at least hit issue 50

this is a surprise.

Oh shut up. She was actually one of the better retcons from Marvel that actually added something rather than taking it away

I mean she was a major part of the recent spectacular run so it doesn't seem that surprising that spencer would try to use her, I still have no idea where she came from though

MJ is going to die.

I'm going to be extremely upset.

''Amazing Spider-Man: Family Business''

dont play with my hopes.

is it any good?

shouldn't his shoes be off?

was ok.

no

its a waid book right? I'm currently binging hulk to be able to read immortal better but i wouldn't mind a decent diversion

Twelve issues wasted on a single, incredibly derivative story isn't a good thing, shitmunchers.
He took twice as long as the original author to tell a worse version of Kraven's Last Hunt.

Can you retards not tell that you're getting nothing in these books? It's not slice of life, it's crumb of life. In any other decade, you'd get as much content in seven pages as you do now in twenty.

How long was grim hunt? I won't lie and say that hunted didn't drag but half of the issues weren't numbered for some reasons, the death of the gibbon was great and the development it gave conners was also good.

Well, shit.

grim hunt was four issues

didn't it get a long prelude though?

The gauntlet arc was about twenty issues long but that was a lot of different stories with a connecting thread.
You wouldn't call every issue in Spencer's run part of the Kindred storyline, for example.

She has a book coming out.

Don't you dare betray us, Spencer. Thanks for the storytime, OP.

True but hunted had a decent prelude (not including the actual prelude issue) and at least three .hu issues but the story itself is only about 6. It would've been nice if we got more about the other characters involved in the hunt but I thought the .hu issues did a decent job of expanding their role without making those issues necessary to the story

Thanks for the story time op, I hope the carnage tie ins are actually good and not just small parts of other tie ins

While I don’t think you’re wrong I don’t know if Spencer’s career could take it, he’s pissed off so many fans with secret empire that I don’t see him letting himself take that hit for marvel. I honestly see him killing Pete off before MJ

jealousy is a bad look on you, slott.

Dodget a bullet here
Now if we could get another plane crash... That's the perfect day to pray for it.

How long until she gets bit by a spider and we get best costume back?

Attached: 1451499998526.png (485x802, 440K)

What does the Chameleon want? Who is he looking for? Nick Fury himself?

Fuck. This hurts.

Ugh. She's back. Can she go away again just as fast?

I'll admit, I didn't know she was a thing

"I'm your long lost sister that you, or any other character with relations to your family, never knew about or mentioned ever before!" is the shittiest of soap opera clichés, and the fact the writers now seem determined to make Waid OC DONUT STEAL stick around is legitimately the worst. Teresa Parker should die in a fucking fire and be forgotten as fast as possible.

I absolutely love covers like this that shows Spidey swinging through the NY city without any flashy stuff going on in the background.

New artist?

Can we get Norman to come back just to kill this bitch, please?

I dunno. It's nice and everything but I feel like comic covers have all gotten a bit generic.

I need a definitive, thoroughly and exhaustively researched accounting of just how many times Peter has had this exact same conversation about MJ career and their relationship within the pages of a Spider-Man book.

God this entire run couldn't be more trash

Uh-oh! Don't tell me they're gonna break up AGAIN?
Nevermind, Spencer got me good.

I swear to fucking god if I get OMD'd again

Attached: tenor.gif (268x268, 1.99M)

She's gonna fuck another one already!?

trouble storytime?

She has a penis at least?

I am so glad that they stopped drawing her to look like a corpse who's been sucking on a lemon.

I can see this happening but we're already swimming in spiders.

Go to the hell.

Hell yeah

Why are you here still?

What the fuck are you doing here Waid?

Yay! It's Good Punisher and whatzisface!

I'm the only one happy she'll actually die instead of just breaking up with Pete and leaving forever?

Oh that is years of it

Big if true

These pages are giving meflashbacks about the JMS era Spider-Man.

Oh yay, the "sister" no one asked for...

Oh for the love of...WHY THE FUCK MARVEL MAKES HIM SUFFER!!?

Well, that's sweet.

Y'know, it all could have been avoided if Peter didn't go to Aunt May's place. It's not like Peter helping solved anything, considering the guy they were going to save was already dead by the time they got there and Chameleon had already gotten away.

Of course, had Peter refused to help and then found out after the fact that the guy had died then it would have plagued his conscience.

Go back to stuffing your pie hole and then shut it, Slott.

>That thing in Peter's palm
I can get my hopes up, right? Spencer will deliver, right? RIGHT?!

>it all could have been avoided if Peter didn't go to Aunt May's place
If your aunt who has cancer asked you to help painting some walls, would you say no?

Am I dreaming or what?

No, but then, I'd also just tell my girlfriend that that's where I was going and also call her on the way to superheroing so she wouldn't sit around waiting for me.

He should be barefoot

Damn...

Then you're smarter than Peter.

I can't believe this...

Fuck you. I like her

Teresa Parker. Peter's sister

Awful sister

Yay! She's back!

How come Ben and Kaine can't get to bond with Aunt May?

Attached: muh aunt may.png (1187x541, 1.2M)

Text her you idiot.

But the sister we've accepted. So deal with it

Long lost sibling for a character who's been around for nearly 60 years is total shit.

Teresa's back! Make her the new Black Widow

Why doesn't he call MJ before he went? She could have understood what's going on

She is a fucking awful person and does not care about pete.

Fuck you guys. I genuinely like Theresa. 'course, she does remind me a lot of my idiot sister, so there's that.

She is a bitch that sees Peter more as a free superhero she can call whenever than his brother.

She's a much needed adition for a Spider-Man cast, and she's a spy. Also, yeah she dos care about Peter. How much have you missed about her?

>She's a much needed adition for a Spider-Man cast
No she fucking isn't.

She’s certainly not a “ much needed addition” but I don’t think she’s terrible. I liked her in spectacular but the worst I can say is she seems a superfluous addition. I would prefer if sable got an expanded role over her but I wouldn’t say she’s been a part of anything to terrible

>he’s pissed off so many fans with secret empire
You mean pissed off easily offened snowflakes. I genuingly like Secret Empire, and if it wasn't for that story then we wouldn't have gotten MCU Steve saying "Hail Hydra"

Attached: 1557207142837.gif (420x420, 1.8M)

Nope. I actually think it's a better option at this point. I just can't take it anymore

>Hope and optimism gone
I can't take this anymore. Just kill her off Marvel. Just fucking kill MJ off so that we don't have to deal with this anymore

Attached: 1549373281458.jpg (317x705, 90K)

>All these fools recklessly calling for MJ to die
This is how you get Zendaya in the fucking comic, kids.

I actually like Teresa. Don't give a fuck if it's a dumb cliche

Trouble is canon

No it isn't

you shut your whore mouth user

At this point, yeah. If his continues then killing her off would be an act of mercy

Why are they so fucking cute together jesus christ
I wish I had a loving gf bros

HAVE FAITH! THEYLL BE TOGETHER SOON

At first it was intended to be canon, but Millar fucked up so hard that Marvel completely ignored it.

Millar himself made it noncanon in the last issue when old Bucky Barnes shows up.

the Gwen and Feliciafags are MAD ROFLZ

fucking pull the trigger cowards and finally undo that turd shit One More Day

I want to be Teresa Parker's boyfriend so Peter is now my brother in law!

Remind me which issue this was?

Right after Spider Island. Like the very next issue after Kaine kills the spider queen chick.

Pete's comment is really uncalled for

That was the general consensus from fans

Attached: Uncle Ben (2).png (998x715, 1.64M)

Jesus christ slott why do that? You don't even have it being otto to fall back on

Attached: Yikes Peter.jpg (881x894, 410K)

I hope Spencer's "plans for Teresa" include explaining that she is not actually Peter's sister in this timeline, then losing her forever.

Also, isn't he worried that something might happen at Marvel, and he loses the book before he gets to undo OMD?

Shitty distasteful writing, typical Slott.

Attached: paprika.gif (500x269, 1.86M)

>Also, isn't he worried that something might happen at Marvel, and he loses the book before he gets to undo OMD?

How would Aunt May respond if she knew Peter and MJ gave up their marriage and eventual child just to save her old life?

Attached: Kaine rude.png (1280x1810, 2.63M)

>I hope Spencer's "plans for Teresa" include explaining that she is not actually Peter's sister in this timeline, then losing her forever.
Zdarsky confirmed she's his sister though

Damn peter you got no fucking chill, I love it. When did he get his arms back though? Or is this a comic retelling of the 90s cartoon?

I really hope they try to make a parker brothers comic

One day I will do a museum-quality shitpost in a variation of pic related called "Aunt May Devours Peter's Children To Prolong Her Own Life".
remember, when Peter was looking for May post-Clone Saga some readers believed it was his daughter, and not a 1000 years ancient maneating hag that is his aunt
One day...

Attached: stufftoblowyourmind-23-2014-12-saturnpainting1.jpg (907x1643, 244K)

>I really hope they try to make a parker brothers comic
Someday, user

Attached: Peter happy about Kaine.png (1348x555, 1.04M)

Attached: sexy-aunt-may-trouble.jpg (590x655, 294K)

Who cares what Zdarsky says? He is to Spider-man what Tom King is to Batman. Retcon this bullshit, it brings nothing to the table and takes away the niche Ben rightfully earned with a much worse character. >implying there is a character to talk about

Attached: spec240_12.jpg (982x1465, 392K)

SPENCER, YOU GOT THIS! I BELIEVE IN YOU! WE BELIEVE IN YOU! COME ON! YOU CAN DO THIS!

>He is to Spider-man what Tom King is to Batman.

Attached: 1494012711359.jpg (727x480, 38K)

>Who cares what Zdarsky says? He is to Spider-man what Tom King is to Batman
Wasn't Zdarsky's Spectacular one of the best Spider-Man runs this decade?

>he didnt read life story

Attached: 1566991979041.jpg (1988x3056, 2M)

Marginally better than Slott is a poor indicator of quality.
You are to Spider-man is what King apologists were to Batman.
I didn't bother with the last issue, the first 5 were awful enough to quit.

>SOME OTHER DAY

Attached: COMINGG.jpg (242x359, 12K)

It's boring and predictable.
I hope they drop it again.

I dunno right now it's a 50/50 chance this blows up on both of them

What specifically did you hate about life story? The decompression or just the little choices that needed to be made to move the story along logically on a realy timeline?

aaaannddd dropped

God hears you brother

This shit has to end somehow, better painfully and quick as possible

she's died before though so how do you kill her? Literally OMD should've just been an actual divorce

La Hermana!

I wish my current lover would get this. She wants relationships to be these perfect Brady Bunch affairs and feels like butting heads in a relationship isn't normal.

I suppose you’d rather the same basic circle of nothing actually changing when it comes to a character unless it’s reductive then? Believe it or not, a story can be more than just its premise which Spectacular showed with the character

Dumbass

What?

But for how long? If this keeps on repeating over and over again then what's the point if this is what we'll be expecting from this? And honestly, I'm now seeing why they broke off Peter and Mary Jane marriage in the first place. There is literally nothing they can do with this pairing because this is what's going to be for the rest of their lives

Either they do something to change it or else I am done. I really can't take this anymore, and I don't know why I even bothered with this if this is going to make Peter suffer more

>Buhdda, Moses, and Jesus
vs
>practitioners of hate

Way to be Islamophobic Stan

Stingray walks up and down Manhattan all day hoping to run into a supervillian and Peter encounters one every time he runs to the bodega for some milk.

Feels like Chameloen should have passed as Nick because he used practical costume effects and acting, not superpower techniques.

Why doesn't he at least text MJ that an emergency had came up?

I LIKED Secret Empires, I wear a MAGA hat, I'd vote fascist if I could, and if Spencer kills off Mary Jane I swear I'll Richard Spencer him on live camera.

Is it me or is other forces beyond man keeping these two apart.

he thought he make it in time. he has a problem of trying to chase 2 foxes at once.

Even if it were, things like Life Story definitively showed they would survive even that. Peter/MJ is for life Gwen stans, enjoy your Sins Past.

He even set up the name for it. Do it Spencer, do it.

ANd make it double

What the fuck are you talking about

>read the first five issues despite them supposedly being awful
>gave up with just one issue to go

>He is to Spider-man what Tom King is to Batman.

Attached: 100_words_for_snow_but_none_for_this_level_of_stupidity.jpg (480x360, 40K)

Just Satan and Disney

>ugh those 5 issues out of 6 that I read were bad, guess I won't bother to read the very last one
Based retard

WHAT. THE. FUCK. Who thought he needed a sister? Pretty soon we are going to have Uncle Ben be in SHIELD

Teresa should hook up with Johnny Storm

Wait, so that isn't Jessica the clone? There's more?