Event Leviathan 04 Storytime

Still nothing happened edition.

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.4M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_of_Future_Past
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-001.jpg (1987x3056, 1.21M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-002.jpg (1988x3056, 1.35M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-003.jpg (3975x3056, 2.49M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-004.jpg (3975x3056, 2.58M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-005.jpg (3975x3056, 1.72M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-006.jpg (3975x3056, 3.04M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-007.jpg (1988x3056, 1.18M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-008.jpg (1988x3056, 1.41M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.2M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-010.jpg (1988x3056, 1.26M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-011.jpg (3975x3056, 2.35M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1.11M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-013.jpg (1988x3056, 926K)

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-014.jpg (1988x3056, 1.53M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-015.jpg (1988x3056, 1.62M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1.21M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.71M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-018.jpg (1988x3056, 1012K)

That's all. Hope you enjoyed this book.

Attached: Event Leviathan 004-019.jpg (1988x3056, 1.03M)

What do we think? Bendis ignoring continuity or someone else being behind the Deathstroke mask?

Slade, aren't you dead and thus a nurse in Alaska?

Leviathan is DICK GRAYSON

Could be Ravager.

Glad that this book flopped. Fuck Bendis.

>Still nothing happened edition.
Modern events be like that. Nothing happens for 6 issues then in 10 pages they "resolve" everything

I'd like to know DC's policy about their timeline

Maybe Rose.

not only was this a boring issue it was kinda confusing.

i didnt quite get what they were bubbling about, but let me tell ya thats not how normal people exchange info

>Still nothing happened edition.
How is that even possible? Isn't this supposed to be only six issues?

What’s the point of this event?

Bendis
That answer is also Bendis

>Hope you enjoyed this book.
No, I did not.
How can an event be this fucking boring?

Bendis.

Apparently Didio wanted to get rid of all the various redundant spy organizations like Argus, Deo and Spyral. Make things more like Marvel’s Shield. Also to give Bendis his first dc event. Apparently it’s underperforming in sales. Especially compared to Heroes in Crisis.

>Bendis
Basically. Any event by Bendis is a nothing burger till the final issue. And half the issue at that.

But Marvel has tones of spy agencies. Underused, but they exist. A creative author would know how to create a spy drama with so many possibilities

>compared to Heroes in Crisis
now this is sad

ALL THESE FUCKING DETECTIVES AND NO CHIMP

KILL YOURSELF BENDIS

>Apparently Didio wanted to get rid of all the various redundant spy organizations like Argus, Deo and Spyral. Make things more like Marvel’s Shield.
That is stupid.

Why did Plas replace Ralph again? I thought being a detective was Elongated Man’s only thing?

Bendis

Keyword being decent authors. When Marvel started putting hacks in the spotlight, SHIELD turned from a sort international good guys agency into a super CIA, doing regular u.s. government thug jobs, running shady stuff slave and traffic in the Savage Land and somehow getting a centuries old secret past history they never had.

Does Didio hate DC or something? It feels like he is just trying to actively destroy DC, from erasing old beloved characters and teams from existence, from having beloved characters become killers or PTSD crazy people, and to just destroying entire organizations with long histories because “Too confusing, Grug am confused”.

It feels like he wants almost everything in DC to die or be grimdark.

Probably didn't know they were two separate characters

when does didio retire? thats the only way dc will get rid of him

Bendis got them confused wrote the story then realized they weren't the same guy and namedropped Ralph once.
DC has been trying to sell itself as the dark alternative to Marvel for a while now while also streamlining the shit out its universe to make it simple for new readers. What they don't realize is that simplifying everything takes away the bite of their PG-13 edge and it all just alienates the readers they already had.

>Bendis got them confused wrote the story then realized they weren't the same guy and namedropped Ralph once.
Imagine if they had editors to reign his stupidity in lol

I just realized. Manhunter is probably a mole. This feels too much like Secret Invasion for me to her for not be evulz.

Boring badly written issue in which anything happens until the very last pages.

Yeah, this is Bendis all right.

I see this is the first time you've been exposed to Bendis

> implying Manhunter just isn't Levithan.

Blame Warner Bros. top brass for axing Johns. He course-corrected with DC Rebirth.Then the moment JL bombed, and DiDio got back his sway he began undoing all the good will Johns put in.

I find it insane that there can be so many pages of superheroes just sitting around talking, and yet DC would think it's acceptable to charge people 4.99 for it.

It isn't, but for some reason I expected something by the fourth chapter.

Is that Constantine between Ralph and Bulloch? I can't be certain if he isn't smoking?

>i didnt quite get what they were bubbling about, but let me tell ya thats not how normal people exchange info

Welcome to Bendisland

I liked Snyder's group of detectives better

Attached: The Guild.jpg (800x1230, 923K)

No, Bendis! Don't you dare fuck up Honor's life now! She just got her family back! Seriously, I'd rather they retire the character rather than let Bendis ruin her.

I think it's Steve Trevor. John doesn't usually wear that much black. And he's not a detective.

Why does Elongated Man look like such a fuckin nerd?

Remember when single issues told a single complete story within it's 22 pages; what happen to that?
If each individual floppy told 1 complete, satisfying story then I would be buying a lot more comics that just strictly complete trades and certain number 1's (hoping that the fraction of story in it is intriguing enough to by the second issue.)
You can't just pick up any number and read, you have to get the number 1 and have at least a good enough backhand knowledge of things to even get an ounce of enjoyment with comics anymore.

This has been a good, mellow book. Spending $4.25 a pop on it, or pretty much any big 2 comic is absurd but this corner of the DC Universe is the most interesting currently. Not counting GL.

>Remember when single issues told a single complete story within it's 22 pages

No, I wasn't alive during the Nixon administration.

>were in Seattle
>Who is it?
>Wait, who is in there with you?
>immediately gets disconnected

Leviathan is Green Arrow. I can't wait to see all the GA fans crying when this turns out to be true. Its gonna be HiC all over again.

>How did Leviathan kick your ass
Sweet. Nothing wrong with copying and pasting the same generic voice you'd give to any other punk kid, Bendis. It's not like there is existing character that even on the underdeveloped scale anyone would ever write him speaking like. This is one of his best friend's dad (not to mention that his best friend's mom is right there too), and the paragon of the community, but sure lets just toss out any sense of respect because...
I fucking hate Bendis and his hackery so fucking much.

>had a
So this takes place after City of Bane.

You gotta love how Superman needs to pretend Lois Lane isn't anyone special to him when he declares that he needs to speak to Miss Lane, but that propriety gets thrown out the window once Superman jumps to her defense of Batman's direct questioning about her actions when she takes his stuff.

Is that supposed to be Montoya? How does that even make sense?

I wouldn't mind this page at all if I didn't know that Lois Lane hooking up with Bruce Wayne wasn't an out there theory in the general public since Bendis is writing Superman publicly cucking Clark Kent.

How do you mean? She's been covering for Lois as the Question in Rucka's Lois Lane book.

I'm not reading that book so I didn't know. Do they give any sort of reason why she became Question 2 even though Vic is alive?

Latest issue seems to confirm that 52 is still canon because Montoya says that Vic is supposed to be dead. Seems it's gonna be explained in the next few issues.

I dislike how all the action is told through flashbacks. Bendis doesn't have the action building through the issue and then having a space to gather what they learned so far, and then the shocker/twist. Instead he chooses to set it up where we already know how the battle's going to go and we're reliving it with the characters. This however, doesn't add any extra insights into what's happening and the battles loose tension (as much as cape comics can have) and becomes a slog to read through while waiting for the inevitable twist.

Specially his son.

Apologize. You all gave shit to Bendis for using Plas instead of Elongated Man.
But jfc this is a bore.

Where did this even lead into?

Nothing as far as I remember, it was just a story in Detective Comics #1000.
I was kinda hoping that Detective Comics would start following Batman and that specific group of detectives doing detective stuff, at least for a while.

Yeah, I kinda thought this is what that was, but characters are either replaced or missing.

>I kinda thought this is what that was
You weren't the only one.

Lets see
>Elongated Man
should have been in the first group
>Constantine?
probably here for some Zatanna ass
>Bullock
What the fuck is he doing here? He should be eating donuts in a patrol car Bendis got something against Detective Chimp?
>Zatanna
sure why not?
>Deathstroke
he's a merc but most of the group would want nothing to do with him.
>Renee Montoya?
this is just getting confusing. Just because Marvel is okaywith having 3 different versions of every hero doesn't mean DC should. Isn't she a cop again?

Attached: tomlin frown.jpg (1000x600, 386K)

Oh, it could be.
I was just trying to give Bendis some credit.

He really, really needs to take some classes in writing.

Instead, he teaches, apparently.
It's ridiculous.

Jesus mate were you this autistic when Johns has Batman on the JL while he was amnesiac back in Snyder’s book?

>Bullock
These team ups are like next level retarded. What could he possibly bring to the table?

Slade, you mad lad, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in Chicago being a psycho and also a nurse?
Bendis being Bendis, I guess

I fucking hate some "technically detectives" are in this shit yet characters like Detective Chimp and Martian Manhunter aren't.
Though considering this is a Bendis comic I guess I should be grateful.

bump

Who is Dick?
Do you mean Ric Grayson, mild mannered Bludhaven yellow cab driver and late night assistant to Team Nightwing?

That's stupid. Does Didio think we need to consolidate in the US govt as well? NSA, NRO, CIA, etc.? Most of these weren't eve US spy orgs when this even started.

ARGUS was a worthless Nu52 addition to the DCU. Absolutely get rid of it. Probably his idea to start with.

Checkmate started out as part of Task Force X but before Flashpoint was a UN Sanctioned worldwide organization tasked to proactively stop metahuman threats in member states. There was no reason to change that. Got rebooted as a vague independent org working for Max Lord.

DEO always felt like another DoJ project, but was the only US agency till ARGUS. They're just the feds.

Spyral was founded by a Nazi terrorist and has nothing to do with US intelligence. They're also the most interesting agency of the bunch.

Give it 5 years and half of them will be back in play. But fuck ARGUS.

>Bullock
>What the fuck is he doing here?
>What could he possibly bring to the table?

Dude was a Bishop in Checkmate. I would imagine a story involving all the spy agencies, it would be a perfectly fine appearance in the story.

Did he actually say he wanted things to be more consolidated like with SHIELD? Ignoring that SHIELD is only one of like 5 recurring shady spy organizations in Marvel, Argus was already a very obvious attempt at copying it. It just fell flat because DC never puts all their muscle behind these things. The DEO, Shade, Checkmate to an extent. At least that last one had its own series for longer than one year.

Bullock was the motherfucking man back in Checkmate, back before Checkmate was a UN thing

Attached: Checkmate (1988-1991) 001-007.jpg (1988x3056, 1.99M)

Yep.
>Covered by Batgirl
>He remembers being Dick
>He knows the shit on HiC wally/Roy
>He cringed about it and He's Skilled enought to Bambozle the DC detectives

one of the problems I had with New 52 was there being like 4 million different secret organizations.

take from the DCAU and do the Cadmus thing. nobody cares about the og directionless gnome factory.

Attached: cadmus.png (600x338, 216K)

Who is Silencer talking to? Whoever that person is, it seems that he or she wants to kill Bruce Wayne and has no idea that Bruce is Batman because he (she) is surprised that Superman is with him.

>DCAU and do the Cadmus thing
That's basically Task Force X and Checkmate

That is one ugly Robin

Talia

>Talia not knowing who Batman is

>3 different versions of every hero doesn't mean DC should
Jay/Barry/Wally
Hal/Guy/Stewart
Ollie/Conner/Roy
Bruce/Dick
Ted/Jamie
Bart/Wally/Wallace
Rebirth Booster/Nu52 Booster/Waverider

>greatest detectives
>Batman
ok
>Green Arrow
yeah?
>Plastic man
think this is ok?
>The question
ok
>Lois Lane
what?

Were green arrow and plastic that much of detectives? At least green arrow is nit that of a detective, more like an adventurer.
And did Lois get some supermans girlfriend bonus? Greatest reporter, ok, but detective? This has some slight differences

>I wasn't alive during the Nixon administration.
"Days of Future Past" was literally 2 issues and done ( granted that's back in 1981, but still. )

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_of_Future_Past

Rose and Thorn. There must be a reason for her being in the Legion book.
Bendis need to make her important!