Did they succeed at teaching you about religion?

Did they succeed at teaching you about religion?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hxQ2skW46SI
youtu.be/j4Ph02gzqmY
youtube.com/watch?v=qbw4nsNpqzA
youtu.be/v4n-iSY_4Ms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not as much as The Kingdom Chums succeeded at The Thirteen Commandments.

youtube.com/watch?v=hxQ2skW46SI

It made it easy to remember the Biblical events. It was good in conjunction with actual scripture time with family.

Jesus, that's surprisingly well animated.

Getting wrapped up in a rainbow from head to toe and then taken to an overly optimistic utopia might just be the gayest thing I've ever seen in a Christian-oriented media product

Do christians belive vegetables have soul?

Attached: Biblefruit.png (853x480, 595K)

Yes
The great writing and songs also helped

I grew up with Adventures From The Book Of Virtues, so no

Did like Larry Boy though

Attached: 12110982_768x1024.jpg (768x1024, 132K)

>I get to go all the way to Princesses Loli!

I wasnt a christian so some of the stuff went over my head, or i choose to ignore it
Songs were fucking great

That religion is for vegetables? Yes. They totally succeeded. Wow. Don’t these people understand metaphors?

i wonder if there are cases of kids on youtube all day (in non-religious households) discovering veggietales and actually retaining a sense of religion from it

Attached: MV5BYzZmMmM5YTktZTY4OC00YmNjLThhMDEtZDk3Y2JlMTU4OTlkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg (291x369, 31K)

To a degree yes
I will always cherish Veggietales but Phil Vischer's "What's in the Bible" is actually more in depth while retaining the soul of classic Veggietales
Anyone who says the show became better when it became less religious after Vischer lost the rights to it has the worst taste in the universe

Religion, no.
Application of principles provided from scriptures, yes.

Like the story of shadrack meshach and abendigo, or the beastie boys for short.

Stand for what you believe in.

Weird how the two main hosts aren't actually vegetables. I guess they never told anyone because Christians don't work well with fruits.

Attached: Naamloos-2.jpg (600x600, 35K)

I hear stuff like Veggietales or any religious entertainment that tries to do anything other than recite scripture is considered "protestant". Is this true? If so why?

I dunno if that's an automatic fact, but my quick research tells me VT was started by Evangelical Christians.

Not necessarily. Protestant is a break away from the Catholic Church, so I imagine as long as it respects and doesn’t contradict Catholic doctrine, it doesn’t have to be Protestant.

This feels baity because Protestants, especially Evangelicals value Scripture above everything else.

No, but they taught me to meme

youtu.be/j4Ph02gzqmY

As a kid who was raised Catholic (Baptized, went to Church every Sunday, went to some type of school for a week with my brother and our cousin, and had their Communion) I honestly never realized that the Veggietales were religious until later on. Not sure how I never figured that out. Probably because I was super naive and sheltered.

Attached: 1566473866903.jpg (440x488, 56K)

I think they gave me a better understanding of the bible stories that worked in conjunction during my time spent in Sunday school. Though, one of the teachers grew concerned and tried to talk to my parents about no longer watching them when I said that David defeated the giant pickle when going over the David and Goliath story.

When that thing appeared in television here, i was already an adult, so no.

Must be Fruitbowl Wednesday.

Attached: 1568183899028.png (2020x1714, 1.37M)

A lot of it went in one ear and out the other (as most things kind of do when you're a kid), but the Rumor Weed and Boogie Man skits stick with me even to this day. Probably my favorite Christian media besides McGee and Me

Did it have any figs?

Attached: 80_TTD_.jpg (776x1200, 722K)

Nope, I watched a ton of this when I was a kid and I still think the whole thing's a load.
Pretty sure it takes a lot more than this to indoctrinate a kid. An occasional moral involvng God, random bible verse and saying "God loves you very much" doesn't really say anything about religion. Did it even mention Jesus ever?

I was never even raised very religious, I mean my parents both are but the only times I ever really went to church was daycare way before I can even remember. Despite not being religious, I also somehow failed to recognize that Veggietales was religious.

Attached: moltar reading ulysses.jpg (500x372, 22K)

CARL- actually that's good. I'm gonna give that one to yeah.

No. My folks believed Veggietales was teaching heathenism and demon worship. Animated and talking produce? Black magic!

it's funny because cross imagery nor mention of jesus literally never appears in the show

I grew up in an Episcopal family and I didn't even register religion as an entity for a long time, I just thought it was as basic fact as the sky being blue.

They referenced New Testament stuff later on, especially An Easter Carol which was Jesusy as fuck They just never portrayed Jesus in veggie form.

Attached: download.png (1280x720, 582K)

I'm not religious and even I agree.
It's literally removing the soul out of veggietales.

based satina poster

I don't gey why Protostants are so fixated on the first testement
1. Its jewish lies
2. Most of it is a recorded ORAL history told by a dude with a lisp (explaining why they cross with the great flood story in gilgamesh)
3. Christ undid a lot of levdicus

Wait, was THAT the point?

>1. Its jewish lies
Why would they be sure to write some how shitty and unfaithful they were and how many times God had to punish them?
If you think the Old Testament makes the Jews look good then you haven't read it. They had like two good Kings then the kingdom was split and everyone started worshipping Moloch
>2. Most of it is a recorded ORAL history told by a dude with a lisp (explaining why they cross with the great flood story in gilgamesh)
All histories are oral till someone writes it down, the dead sea scrolls are old as shit
>3. Christ undid a lot of levdicus
That's not what fulfilled means and learn to spell

t. kyke

The Fib from Outer Space was a fig.

I think Vischer bought back the rights and is now working on a reboot.

Did you eat your veggies because Bob and Larry told you so?

Wait holy fuck it was?

Apparently the new Veggie Tales is also doing stuff from the New Testament so I'm at the very least curious to see how they handle Veggie Jesus

That's a pretty dumb take because just reciting Christian messages doesn't necessarily mean that it has to favor one branch or another; as a Catholic I never got to into veggietales as a kid but that's just me. Maybe whoever said that is thinking about how most "Christian entertainment" shit like megachurches, Pureflix movies and stuff is all produced by Evangelicals and more or less for Evangelicals.

>You will never be a little kid in the late 90's making macaroni pictures and shit in the basement of your small towns baptist church while a veggie tales VHS plays in the background againn.

Attached: ddbe18246711014cede46231f1f32c40.png (565x564, 87K)

If it's anything like the original run, they'll most likely limit themselves to taking some of Jesus's stories and putting Veggie spins on them so that they don't actually show Jesus himself.

Attached: sp07072009.gif (550x1650, 173K)

I REQUIRE.......
MACARONI PICTURES!

Attached: 40004747.jpg (640x360, 30K)

I think storyboards already showed Baby Jesus as a pea. Though he could change as he gets older since the premise is that Bob and Larry are putting on plays.

veggie tales was a legit good show

Which is what they did in the original show.

That theme song is nostalgic as fuck.
Glad i grew up a good southern christian boy unlike you godless heathens.
youtube.com/watch?v=qbw4nsNpqzA

Attached: c97320e24b39efbd727a9359433b3461.jpg (900x815, 93K)

Did they? I though the whole “they’re just playing parts” is more literal this time.

They suceeded in telling me to eat my soup before the bunny.

But in all seriousness, it wasnt condecending

Are Christian kids shows,tv channels,news networks etc. just an American thing or is it like that in other Christian nations too?

Not really. I don't even think I realized it was religious until I got older. They were just stories to me. Never saw the show though, just some of the movies

I think the Vatican has it’s own news channel since the priests and church fathers are supposed to teach the same shit the Pope tells them to teach. But nothing commercialized like in America as fas as I know.

Pretty much, but apparently was a Christian Cartoon that people have called the best Christian Cartoon (some lists even put Veggietales in #2 and this in the top spot), even though it's kind of clone of Arthur when you think about it, but since it had expensive animation it got cancelled after two specials, it's called Lenny & Sid, look

youtu.be/v4n-iSY_4Ms

Attached: Lenny_&_Sid.jpg (250x216, 12K)

Well, the Bible Network (aka TBN) is the only basic cable network in America that still plays Saturday Morning Cartoons right now, so maybe, I guess, I don't know

but why, the bunny is all that matters

Hope it goes well for him.

Pretty much any plant used to cook savory dishes is a "fruit"

Didn't even know it was about religion until I learned it on Yea Forums

My dad is a preacher so I learned about all that stuff from him and his sermons. Whole family loved the shit out of VeggieTales though. Even my atheist sister.

Wow. Your parents were retarded.

Some Christians I've talked to believe dogs have souls, so who knows.

They ended every episode with "God made you special, and he loves you very much"

What kind of bugs me is that these Christian producers and studios could be making movies with old-fashioned morally upstanding plots that don't lay the religion on thick and make normies uncomfortable, and still use their existing engagement tactics to compete with Hollywood. They could really be making a ton of money and maybe even cause the entertainment jews to dial down their degeneracy a bit. But they don't. Instead they make dreck about a black girl with asthma doing track and field with the power of Christ, or a poor black boy falling under the ice and his landwhale adopted mom praying for him to recover most of his 75 IQ on waking. Very strange.

I never got to see the show so I guess not

The original show also made it clear many times that what they're doing is an in-universe production.

Nice bait

god hates figs

>In the commentary track of An Easter Carol, Phil Vischer stated that one of the unwritten rules of Veggietales is that they would never, ever portray Jesus as a vegetable. In fact, this is why the decided to go with the stained glass presentaion for the story of Jesus in the movie, because they quite literally had no alternative.

Legit feel bad for Jesus in this. Dude just vented his anger on a fucking tree. Matthias is just being a dick about the whole thing.

Fuck I remember going to my church's library with my mom and renting Veggietale vhs tapes. God, I want to be a kid again

Oh you.

Attached: image.jpg (73x77, 2K)

>Point out how the OT shits on Jews
>I'm the kyke
not throwing out a sizeable chunk of accepted Church cannon for the past 1,500 years because of /pol/ memes.