This scene from SpongeBob was cut because of 9/11...

This scene from SpongeBob was cut because of 9/11. Are there any other shows or comics that got effected or mention 9/11?

Attached: ezgif-2-cc08644d8d84.webm (320x240, 1.96M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WD59bz29Z2c
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WD59bz29Z2c&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=gcVqUwGmEOI
youtube.com/watch?v=F2uJvwiSZAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought I was going nuts when they cut this.

So, so many. Mostly episodes taken out of rotation for a few years.

Oh, it was cut? I never realized that. I'd always remembered the scene and saw it once again in a meme, but never saw it much on TV. Thanks for that, OP.

I remember seeing both, I saw the edited version previously but I still saw this version afterwards for quite sometime

I heard the climax of An Xtremely Goofy Movie got cut-up because "9/11 Imagery".

Also this: youtube.com/watch?v=WD59bz29Z2c

Constant Payne

> heard the climax of An Xtremely Goofy Movie got cut-up because "9/11 Imagery"
That movie came out February 2000

Lilo and Stitch needed to completely change an entirely finished animated ending because Stitch had highjacked a 747 and was flying it around Honalulu. It was changed to stitch and company flying Jamba's ship and the dogfight location was changed to the Hawaiian Mountains instead of a Urban city.

That makes it worse.

Didn't Zim largely get canceled because of 9-11?
Maybe it was never officially confirmed but I seem to remember someone on staff suggesting that Nickolodeon was uncomfortable with the show's whole plot revolving around an "invader" trying to tear down our society.

>This scene from SpongeBob was cut because of 9/11.
What? Why? I can't see anything related here.

It got cancelled because Fairly Oddparents was more succesful and soccer moms complaning about the content

Explosions inside a building.

Pokemon banned that episode where a giant Tentacruel smashed some buildings.

Even though the opening theme has a shot of said Tentacruel smashing a building and was left alone.

Pic related came out two years before 9/11. It literally had a level that took place in the Twin Towers that ended with a duck pilot crashing a plane into the towers and one tower crashing into the other.

Nothing was cut in the remastered version that came out later.

Attached: D090F038-8169-4834-9247-9233E691BFDC.png (220x220, 113K)

2 exsposions and squids in pain screaming.

Retarded tripfag, why would Japan care about 9/11?

Huh interesting.
Didn't know it was that crazy after 9/11. But then again I wasn't an American and it didn't really impact me that much.
Was the whole nation pretending to have PTSD they watched the telly during 9/11?

>implying 4kids wasn't constantly looking for an excuse to cut stuff out of anime even before 9-11

yes.

That makes no sense. Invader Zim started airing March 2001 and lasted until 2006.

Japan may not have cared they actually did other anime got censored even in Japanese airings about it but 4kids sure as fuck did

I only knew like one person who was actually sensitive to this kind if shit but everyone was calling over themselves trying to protect them. Nobody wanted to be the douchebag who said 'get over it' because it instantly meant you were 'insensitive' and 'hated freedom'. It was a rare moment where both Republicans and Democrats agreed not to hurt a certain group's feelings.

Ah, my bad. I could have sworn I heard something about that in a DVD commentary. Maybe not in regards to getting canceled but at least making Nick uncomfortable about airing the show.

The dub, stupid.

They also banned the episode 'Tower of Terror' just because of the name.

>That movie came out February 2000
Disney knew.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WD59bz29Z2c&feature=youtu.be

>I only knew like one person who was actually sensitive to this kind if shit but everyone was falling over themselves trying to protect them.

Why do I even bother posting on mobile...

There's a remaster?

America became extremely fragile to 9/11 happening.
No one believed that we’d get hit like how the Europeans would get hit or the Middle East because we weren’t connected to the terrorist the same way, so when we got hit it was like a big blow to the ego
So America would take down anything that had explosions or airplanes or towers in some form of media, anything that reminded us of 9/11 was taken down, it was like getting clocked in the jaw and going out of your way to stop any mention of it by changing the subject because it took you down that hard

This lasted a good couple years and you could sag America hasn’t recovered since

Attached: B2F9B8C3-174B-4E8F-9F43-A8F65309D2B6.jpg (253x253, 11K)

Cartoon Network had a show in development about an Indian family, but it got scrapped due to 9/11 and racism towards people with other nationalites outside the US

youtube.com/watch?v=gcVqUwGmEOI

Attached: 1510088424541.jpg (774x472, 40K)

On PS2.

Cel-shaded graphics, actual voices in cutscenes, one new weapon, and a new stage.

>No one believed that we’d get hit like how the Europeans would get hit or the Middle East because we weren’t connected to the terrorist the same way, so when we got hit it was like a big blow to the ego
It was a lot more than that, the 90s were an unbridled era of optimism in the US following the end of the Cold War and continual breakneck economic growth averaging out to over 4% a year for the entire decade. The US was unquestionably the world's superpower without peer. There was an actual belief not just amongst the population, but amongst international scholars, that democratic principles had won and that it was only a matter of time until the whole world fell in line behind an American liberal order. People thought that the country wasn't just invincible, but at the forefront of a new era of global peace and prosperity.

9/11 shattered that illusion like a back-handed slap to the face.

Remember when US asked France to help them invade the middle east, and France went "Uuuh, no? Why would we help you with that?" and everywhere in the States threw a hissy fit and started called french fries "freedom fries"?

Proof that Amerifats are the most retarded people

I absolutely remember the collaspe of the 'X' being removed from TV broadcasts, because there's a sudden cut with the announcer
>its not looking pretty folks- AND HE'S OKAY!
and they're skating out back to the finish line.

>On March 11, 2003, Republican U.S. Representatives Bob Ney and Walter B. Jones directed the three House cafeterias to change all references to French fries and French toast on menus, and replace them with Freedom fries and Freedom toast, respectively. Jones chose to follow Cubbie's example by circulating a letter to his colleagues advocating their renaming because, he said, "the French were 'sitting on the sidelines'".[4][7] As Ney was Chairman of the United States House Committee on House Administration, the action did not require any vote, as the committee has authority over House cafeterias. According to a statement released by Ney, the renaming was intended to express displeasure with France's "continued refusal to stand with their U.S. allies". The statement further read: "This action today is a small but symbolic effort to show the strong displeasure many on Capitol Hill have with our so-called ally, France."

>On August 2, 2006, the House cafeteria menus were changed back without any announcement.

somewhere in my old school papers in a box downstairs i have a school newspaper (i was in 6th grade) where someone wrote an article about freedom fries and toast.

People actually complained when the New York episode of Simpsons was banned.

You're probably thinking of Lilo & Stitch. The climax was changed from Stitch flying a realistic airplane to flying a spaceship.

youtube.com/watch?v=F2uJvwiSZAQ

*Jumba, not Stitch

>France doesn’t help us beat up some Muslims
>France and the rest of Europe are now swarming with Muslims and terrorist attacks
>Euros try blaming this problem on the US

Should have helped us bomb some Muslims bro

Attached: B7B28935-D39E-420C-ACA4-E62E4B6F5467.jpg (1024x546, 89K)

>Help save France's ass in World War I
>Literally save France's ass a nation in World War II
>Help France with their stupid bullshit in Vietnam without question leading to terrible losses for the US
>Years later ask for help from France with our stupid bullshit in the Middle East
>France tells us to go fuck ourselves
Fuck the French they're ungrateful shitheads.

Fuck, I wasn't crazy. I knew I picked up Karmadelic from somewhere.

>America literally only exists because France helped
>during the American Civil War France considered stepping in to support the true Americans before the Brits made them back down

I'd say you guys are even

Everyone knows it was them. Why do you think places like Disneyland & World are never targeted for terror.

I remember rumours that the second LotR movie would have a different title. But it remained The Two Towers.

Not Yea Forums related but the ending to Metal Gear Solid 2 had to be reworked/rewritten as it ended with a giant mech crashing into the New York Harbor.

There's also other elements into play like what a gigantic spectacle it was. It was done to, at the time, the two tallest landmarks in one of the country's most popular and populated cities during specific hours where the entire world was awake and alerted to live, crystal clear footage in an era of early internet and video sharing where every person had access to a decent enough camera right in their pocket. It wasn't like isolated Pearl Harbor where people only found out the next day. We'd advanced far enough where astronauts were able to take photos of the burning towers from space.

The Twin Towers having this huge spotlight put on them like it was a show is why they've pretty much monopolized 9/11 and why the Pentagon and failed fourth plane, which was kind of isolated by comparison, are often neglected when you talk about the event.

> France doesn’t help us beat up some Muslims
You mean France didn't waste billions of dollars fighting a pointless war which has achieved nothing except make the arms industry richer and cost America thousands of its people

France also regularly battles Muslim terrorists across Africa.

>France and the rest of Europe are now swarming with Muslims and terrorist attacks
The Muslim population of Europe is tiny and the region has far less terrorism than it did in the 1960s - 1980s. Arguably Islamic terrorist attacks are a result of US activity in the region, as well as France's own misadventures.

>Euro's try blaming the problem on the US
Funding the Mujahideen, backing Saddam then removing him, being behind the Shah, etc. tend to do that

> MUH WW1 AND WW2
Random Islamist militants in the Middle East has nothing to do with WW1 or WW2. The context of those situations is almost completely different (i.e., Germany and Japan had declared war on the US). Had they not done so the US *would've done literally nothing* to help France.

The US had literally funded the Islamist terrorists only months before the attacks does not mean the French should waste their time in pointless oil wars

>Help France with their stupid bullshit in Vietnam without question leading to terrible losses for the US
The US intervened based on its anti-Communist agenda more than anything.

American's trying to act like their foreign policy in the Middle East is legitimate is the most embarrassing thing ever.

>>America literally only exists because France helped

Then the French bailed on us because all they wanted was to stick a middle finger up the brits ass
Then they started hijacking our ships because France was having another retard war with the Brits and couldn’t tell a Brit from and American

>>during the American Civil War France considered stepping in to support the true Americans before the Brits made them back down

What happened was the south tried to garner support from the Brit’s and Frenchies before they were told the war was about Slavery
Two countries that previously abolished it wouldn’t support a country that was for it

Attached: A081766B-0C27-4A4B-B91B-E8DDC9A691CC.jpg (400x250, 24K)

1. Is no one gonna address the fact that the 4th plane was shot down low key

2. The Pentagon ignored is kinda nice tbch. I mean does anyone really care? If you said " a bunch of terrorists blew up a government building" the worst you would get is "hey that's our job fuck off"

But we care about the office workers. We care about the 9 to 5 crew that just got shafted. The guys just chasing that american dream.

3. It hurt America because it was on TV, and the presence of all the memes should show you throw the digital age lens the creation of a tragic american meme, an indellable black mark upon the legacy of Americana. Sure we have had worse, but for a nation that had spent so much time bringing the rest of the world up to speed to be stabbed in the back.

Quite frankly fuck wellstone I'm glad that fat fuck is dead.

9/11 was a sobering wake up that for all our internal politics we were trying to unravel through the 90s there were still external enemies. rooting out traitors can be done far easier at war anyway.

It let us become a war nation again and gave us causi bellum. Raison datre I think more like, it gave us a reason to do everything we did best. People hated us because we were free, so we responded by being american as fuck

>Ally gets attacked
>Doesn’t help Ally in anyway possible
>Gets attacked by terrorists after everything the US did was said and done
>Wonders why they’re getting bombarded left and right after they sat one out

Nah fuck off

>Trying to downplay the US involvement in WW2 of all things
>”The US only helped France because of the anti-Communist agenda!”

You would rather the US not help at all?
Keep in mind the French dropped out halfway through anyway

>Ally gets attacked
You mean Ally messes around in a region, creates new enemies for itself, suffers the consequences, and then demands all of its 'Allies' (who it frequently mistreats, exploits or bullies) stand to attention and do whatever it says?

>Doesn’t help Ally in anyway possible
The French had no reason to help when the US action was clearly illegitimate and had no basis in reality beyond Neo-Con, Boomer-esque 'BOMB' EM'' retardation that achieved nothing.

Hey, maybe if the French had joined in the Afghan war they could've lost thousands of people as well, and helped install a government led by heroin dealing child molesters.

>Gets attacked by terrorists after everything the US did was said and done
You mean after the US created even more terrorists (and helped create the migrant crisis) by sowing chaos throughout the region.

>Wonders why they’re getting bombarded left and right after they sat one out
The French know fully well why they're getting bombed left and right. ISIS would not have existed without the US's actions.

>Trying to downplay the US involvement in WW2 of all things
I didn't downplay it, I pointed out the fact the US only helped France because the US was declared war upon and in the same conflict. Otherwise the US considered the German occupation and Vichy government to be fully legitimate and had no interest in assisting the French.

>”The US only helped France because of the anti-Communist agenda!”
> You would rather the US not help at all?

Yes. Ho Chi Minh did nothing wrong and the Viet-Cong were the good guys.

>that the 4th plane was shot down low key
It wasn't shot down, it was taken down by the passengers. Passengers aboard the delayed plane got the news via phone calls and there are records of people telling their loved ones what the plan was. They were going to break down the door, they filled up jars with scalding hot water as a means to attack them with. A few people nearby saw the plane going down not from an explosion but just like someone was driving it down. And there was a big military controversy where our airforce failed to find the plane in time due to a new, now realized to be slower method, of getting equipped and taking off. Airforce workers admitted if they found the plane, they would have shot it down because those are their orders. It's not like it's hidden information the government would sacrifice citizens in a "no win" scenario.

>The US did bad things and created a bunch of enemies so that’s why the French didn’t help

Maybe, just maybe had the French actually assisted in helping the US in anyway they wouldn’t have had to deal with ISIS or any of those other tards but by ignoring it they get to deal with the aftermath

>US considered the German occupation and Vichy government to be fully legitimate and had no interest in assisting the French.

Same way the French ignored Hitler steamrolling through Europe, unifying Germany, something that was against what was previously agreed upon and letting Poland get shit on for the entirety of that
And then getting taken over because they sat around too long and let Hitler do all that shit?

Attached: F8049274-0C77-4BAD-881D-785C8BFEC575.jpg (540x404, 26K)

> Maybe, just maybe had the French actually assisted in helping the US in anyway they wouldn’t have had to deal with ISIS or any of those other tards but by ignoring it they get to deal with the aftermath

The French made their own efforts to handle ISIS and Islamic Terrorism. It's hard however, to defeat and ideology the US and its allies had helped create, build and then *ignored itself* well until the 1990s.

There's nothing France joining the conflict would've done to prevent ISIS and you're delusional if you think otherwise.

> Same way the French ignored Hitler steamrolling through Europe, unifying Germany, something that was against what was previously agreed upon
France had major internal issues which hampered its major efforts to prevent Germany from seizing territory. They did not 'ignore' Hitler or Germany and spent much of the time before the war preparing to defeat the Germans.

> and letting Poland get shit on for the entirety of that
'the entirety of that'
Poland was not 'shit on' from 1936-1938, or is this the myth that France just let Poland get invaded? There was nothing the French could've done, since their military was unprepared for the conflict

> And then getting taken over because they sat around too long and let Hitler do all that shit?
Read a book. France made major preparations for the conflict, which were ultimately hampered by several factors - such as being devastated by the last conflict.

Actually is marcon just asked his lover about how to deal with Islamic savages he would have been a terror to the middle east.

You didnt hear that from Yea Forums.

Anyway fuck France but they should still be bros with us when the UK divorced the EU

Seriously I wish we had more comics showing how ridiculous it all is. Like that one with the nations all being kids under the EU and the UK wanderingoff, how fucking infantile. I wish Duke nekem was watching the thing on an american flag tank laughing at the whole thing

All the gun play was cut from the matrix for stiff martial arts.

Let's be honest Britain doesn't need the EU, the EU needs Britain. The problem is that the British people seem to be too stupid to realize this. All the UK would need to do is bite the hard exit bullet and switch they're trade partners from the EU to the US and other old Commonwealth nation's like Canada, India, and Australia. I know for a fact Trump would be happy to open trade negotiations with the UK to stick the middle finger to EU.

And I mean really, the British people are subserviant scum and should subjugate themselves to join as a colony with no end date to their servitude, they would be better off as the worst state that makes Puerto Rico legitimate then the king of the midget retardhouse that is the EU

A fucking unelected beauracrat saying you cant make traditional foods for fuck sake.

I dont think the UK should have gunsthough. They're man children for the most part but their jews are pretty woke.

It's not like America cutting off trade goods to the EU would result in a huge profitable for britian black market controlled by America. It's not like they wouldnt have plenty of help because the EU has 0 enforcement powers unless the opponent is a large collection of trash and amerixa is willing to buy them some garbage bags.

Say what?

Goddamn, Americans were insufferable back then. They were all about how they're gonna win the war, deaf to how pointless it was and how they were making things worse and barking up the wrong tree (and still does business with Saudis). Never mind that US Army lost every conflict since WW2 and Iraq war didn't achieve anything of substance. And now we have ISIS.
Good thing Trump is somewhat more reasonable, but now we have Democrats being the warmongers, which is plain bizarre.

No one needs Britain. If it literally sink Atlantis style no one would care.

You sound gay.
Back to the south.

I watched that movie all the time on Toon Disney and never saw that part cut

So its true that Yea Forums gets its history facts from cartoons and /pol/

The "Tower of Terror" episode (the one in lavender town where Haunter joins Ash) was also banned seemingly for no reason other than the title. Confused the fuck out of me as a kid because in reruns they always played the episodes in order and they always skipped that one.

Same as the Tauros one where he catches a bunch of Tauros in the Safari Zone because the episode has a gun in it.

Then it just skips and suddenly he has a hundred Tauros.

Bonkers had a two episode story explaining the transition from Lucky to Miranda. It got taken out of rotation permanently because the bad guy was a bomber.

Don't remember this at all.

This episode aired after 9/11 and so did the original scene.
It was censored because of squidward's screaming.

Earth to faggot, 9/11 effected all media. Historical fact. A faggot like you born in 2005 wouldn't know that.

9/11 was a dumb excuse to cut the scene I could understand shit like when morons started taking up the fire challenge.

>squidward's screaming
couldn't they have mute his creams instead of cutting a whole scene?

Or it was just terrible pilot.

More /m/ related but Power Rangers Time Force's ending got rewritten because of 9-11.

how the fuck did the international releases get away with this scene better than the SpongeBob episode Just One Bite did? I actually heard that the scene in Just One Bite was removed because of standards and practices rather than 9/11

has the original version of Walk for Your Lives been found?

MGS 2 basically all but predicted 9/11.

Interesting how the first one shows the Irkens and the Armada but the second one doesn't

Lilo and stitch if I remember

I remember they took down the main commercial for the first Raimi Spider-Man movie because it showed Spidey webbing up a helicopter full o f bankrobbers between the two towers.

The Simpsons go to New York was also pretty much taken out of rotation because Homer runs around in the twin towers and they had that magazine that said "see new york for $11"

The US exists because of Louis XVI, not """France."""
And especially not Republican France.

I can just imagine a le spoopy Lavender Town creepypasta saying it was because of the music.

My dad was working in Washington at the time.
It was very serious

They also cut out a scene with Stitch taunting Jumba with a cut gas line so Jumba won't shoot him and blow up Lilo's house. It's why he looks different in that scene from the rest of the movie

9/11 was the excuse Nick gave, but it was actually because Micah Wright participated in writers' unions.

to be fair how could their be fire in their under water

The climax of Lilo and Stitch was supposed to involve the aliens flying around a passenger plane to escape Stitch, and causing it to crash. After 9-11 the plane was remade into a large spaceship.

How can their be a krusty krab or Clothing under water?

Not as if the US did a damn thing in WWII in the first place. They came in two years after the Soviet Union started rolling over the Germans and shoved them back into Germany. Once 80% of the Nazi army was defeated, then the US comes in claiming to single handedly defeat all the evil nazis.