youtu.be/NUCh3wlrTcc
youtube.com/watch?v=5A72rQU8rs4
youtube.com/watch?v=pz6_8WAIGb4
youtube.com/watch?v=r3HRjSB99Dw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1.jpg (1088x1650, 113K)

Attached: 2.jpg (1650x1275, 1.04M)

Attached: 3.jpg (1107x1650, 757K)

What, did they forget to pay the electric bill for the cover?

Attached: 4.jpg (1088x1650, 912K)

Attached: 5.jpg (1107x1650, 908K)

Attached: 6.jpg (1650x1275, 1.13M)

>ohboyherewego.jpg

Attached: 7.jpg (1088x1650, 754K)

Attached: 8.jpg (1088x1650, 721K)

Equally, only madmen could think that corporate super-hero comic books are an appropriate venue for addressing a horrific tragedy.

Attached: 9.jpg (1107x1650, 660K)

Attached: 10.jpg (1107x1650, 673K)

Attached: 11.jpg (1107x1650, 787K)

Attached: 12.jpg (1107x1650, 720K)

Attached: 13.jpg (1107x1650, 688K)

Attached: 14.jpg (1107x1650, 624K)

Attached: 15.jpg (1088x1650, 786K)

Attached: 16.jpg (1107x1650, 632K)

Attached: 17.jpg (1107x1650, 889K)

You know, Kingpin gonna be the mayor of new York, Doom did nothing wrong and a good Uncle and Erik is soft man under that metal appearance.

If 9/11 happened today the news would be plastered with "Not all Muslims" and that the victims were all racists.

Attached: 18.jpg (1650x1275, 815K)

What the fuck could Spider-Man do in this situation?

The end. Have a good day, Yea Forums.

Attached: 19.jpg (1088x1650, 658K)

Didn't Otto try killing off everyone on Earth later?

Do it again Osama

> how could you let this happen?

this is where the issue’s premise immediately takes a nosedive

Are you implying all Mulsims are terrorists?

all that are true believers.

That's wonderful but this isn't /pol/ so there's no reason to post it here

Always worth pointing out that Juggernaut is mourning despite himself knocking the WTC down a few years prior.

>propaganda: the comic

Things were simpler back then. It was less "let's cash in on tragedy" and more "everyone is fucking feeling from this, let's address it".

Everything from Spider-Man to South Park talked about 9/11.

>we cannot go where they go to conceive of such things
Immagine actually beliving this

Attached: Axis_of_Evil.jpg (1024x1595, 404K)

>That Hawkeye costume

I WANT TO GO BACK

>the hijackers are believed to have been... asian

Eh, I think it's more meant to be a metaphor for the helplessness everyone was feeling, moreso than "WHY DIDN'T SPIDEY-MAN CATCH THE PLANE IN HIS WEB??"

C'mon lads it may be corny but if Marvel didn't publish a comic about Doctor Doom crying over 9/11 then the terrorists have already won.

>comic addressing a real world tragedy using superheroes
>"Shit sucks but we'll prevail, first responders are the real heroes"
>propaganda
Zoomies going zoom

Everyone woke knows 9/11 was an inside job. I’m not going along with the meme stage play.

Thanks for the storytime, OP.

Anyone got that one comic that's full of little strips and poems and shit about 9/11? Someone storytimed it a few years back and it's aged way better than this, some of it actually hits really hard.

Don't talk like you were there, dickweed. It was a fucking scary time right after it happened. Marvel was just doing their best to show people it was ok to be aghast at the horror of it all. Keep in mind the last time an attack of that magnitude happened was god damn Pearl Harbor, and that wasn't broadcast live in real time for millions of Americans to see, at least.

Truth hurts

I'm really learning a lot from this comic. Like JRJR's art was already complete dogshit by 2001.

No this is /pol/. Majority of /pol/ thinks 911 was staged.

Possibly one of the most stupid things marlel has ever done.

Just stop user, you're only triggered because you were 7 at the time. Of course I'm not happy that 9/11 happened and innocents died but literally the only people who said HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO US??? were sheltered idiots who needed to be taught that lesson.

truly a a modern american classic

AMERIKKA'S CHICKENS ARE COMIN' HOME TO ROOST!

Go away, CIA

Uhhhh because it was or at least correct to say that it was allowed to happen.

>Pfft, you actually believe our fucking around in the middle east would eventually backfire on us? Not likely!
>No, everyone knows George Bush personally drone piloted two bombers painted in thermal paint to look like 747s and also they were full of explosives and also the buildings were full of explosives and also the Jews knew about it and also holograms were involved somehow, don't be a sheep

>t. le enlightened darwinist

/pol/ thinks 9/11 was staged by Jews. If there is one thing they hate more than Muslims it’s Jews.

Naaah not the Jews on this one.

It's inappropriate. It's insensitive. It's belittling. It's trivializing. It's juvenile. It's disrespectful. If you don't think so, that's your problem.

Yea Forums is the easiest board to get (You)s from. No wonder /pol/ continually posts the Superman Smashes the KKK thread.

Look at the first reply

Considering the date listed here this must've been the 10th anniversary, still I always wondered how spidey and all the other heroes would,have handled the situation, thanks user for the storytime, I really do appreciate it.

>how could we know
>why did it happened
gee I wonder why

I know half of you were not even born but who wants to share their main 9/11 memories?

I'm from NY suburbs and I was in middle school but my main memory is my best friend's dad was a Campbell's soup executive who lived in America his whole life and people went to his McMansion and threw bricks through the window because he was of Persian descent. God bless America.

Yeah I know /pol/'s opinion on this and I'm saying it's pants on head retarded to think that.

Yes, hello. OP is a cunt. Have nice day.

Attached: Boys021-000 Kopie.jpg (1920x2947, 740K)

I thought you were saying they didn’t think that.

Um no sweetie, Israel is based now that Trump is in office.

The religion of peace is Islam, not Judaism.

Attached: Boys021-001 Kopie.jpg (1920x2947, 1.07M)

That particular copy may have been a reprint. The original issue came out immediately after the attack. I can't remember if it actually came out in September or October of 2001 though.

Haha, planes, get it? That's so 9/11.

Attached: Boys021-002 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 735K)

That's really horrible.

Oh fuck the feels

People were scared and mourning, user. Hiroshima and Nagasaki gave us Godzilla. WW2 and the Holocaust gave us Captain America. Often times people turn to fiction as a source of comfort or catharsis in times of tragedy.

I know you wanna bang your virtue drum but this ain't it, chief.

Attached: Boys021-003 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.16M)

13, actually, and fuck you. You have the luxury of it being history for you. Don't assume you have some lofty position of authority because you were barely a zygote then and have some retroactive moral position to take. We lived it, every day, for months. It was terrifying. It was confusing. And it triggered pretty much every shitty thing that's happened since. It was our Gavrilo Princip shattering the world we knew into pieces. Call me dramatic, but it was god damn reality for us

Out of curiosity, has a Persian commuted terrorism? I know there was their Persian YouTuber who killed her boyfriend then killed herself but I mean politically speaking.

9/11 was so sad ever the villains cri... :(

Attached: Boys021-004 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 912K)

What’s her fucking problem?

>he legitimately thinks every citizen in NYC was just waiting for a plane to show up one morning because we'd fucked around with the power structure of the middle east and eventually those chickens were gonna come home to roost
Zoom zoom

I stand by my statements. Difference of opinion.

It really is a first world problem thing when you need two sky-scrapers to feel unsafe. Try living somewhere where you can't tell the difference between the government, and the drug cartels. Please go fuck yourself, thank you!

Attached: Boys021-005 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.19M)

I was in first grade. My dad worked at the Holland Tunnel as an emergency responder and immediately left to go help. Before he went, he wrote me a letter in case he didn't make it back.

He survived. To this day I still don't know what's in that letter.

Attached: Boys021-006 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.07M)

Attached: Boys021-007 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.25M)

M8, north Jersey went through some shit. I later had a gf who was from a Pakistani Muslim family from jersey City (there are tons there just like Kamala comics) and her dad had to shut his shop down for a week after 9/11 because people came by and would start shit despite the fact that he fled Pakistan to America because he had daughters and hated the Taliban more than we can imagine.

btw it was also really cool when Trump said that Muslims in Jersey City were celebrating on 9/11 and then our governor endorsed him for President.

Attached: Boys021-008 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.41M)

>oh wow, you're SAD that thousands of people died? Don't you know there's OTHER bad things happening in OTHER shithole countries?
I expect to find shit in my bathroom, but it becomes a problem when I find it on my dinner table

Attached: Boys021-009 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.4M)

I was in middle school. Woke up late that morning and had to have my mom drive me since i missed the bus. Radio was talking about some plane hitting a building somewhere, was only when I got to school that the other kids started telling me it was New York (i'm way out in a suburb of Denver). My first class was science, and the teacher had the tv on the news showing the towers burning. She started the day's lesson to keep some normalcy in the room, i guess, but she left the TV on mute so we could keep an eye on shit nevertheless.

What I most remember is my social studies teacher being based as hell and actively spending the entire class just trying to help us make sense of what was happening. Everyone else kept trying to keep the day going like any other, but he made sure to answer any question we had as honestly as he could.

>I expect to find shit in my bathroom, but it becomes a problem when I find it on my dinner table
Are all americans this stupid?

Fellow Jerseyanon, I'm honestly really fascinated what it was like for the rest of the country. Like, we had front row seats, but what was it like in California?

Attached: Boys021-010 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.59M)

This is just like my comic books!

Attached: Boys021-011 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.48M)

Lmfao

You shit in your dining room?

my favorite part :)))

Attached: Boys021-012 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.61M)

I don't shit on people and than whine when they shit back

I was in 7th grade at the time, at the ripe old age of 12. I don't live in NY but my entire extended family is from there. I was brushing my teeth when the first plane hit. I heard my mom shout when the news first started reporting it and came running out. We watched the news intently while we are breakfast and saw the second plane hit. My mom sent me to school that day and the towers fell by the time I made it to school. It was the first half day of the year that day. We didn't do anything productive. Half the student body didn't even show up that day, the other half were to freaked out to learn. I remember not being told a lot, only finding out the towers fell because the bus driver was listening to the radio. My English teacher, Mr. Abbott, however realized that what was taking place was historic and it was irresponsible to stop us from witnessing it. He pulled out a TV cart, hooked up some bunny ear antennas, and turned on the news. We watched it intently. One of the most surreal days I've ever experienced. We eventually went home and I remember going home to play Sonic Adventure 2 Battle to try and block out the awfulness of that day.

While none of my immediate family members were directly impacted my extended family was. My aunt, by marriage, had a brother in the NYFD. He went into the towers and never came out. He happened to personally know Joe Quesada. In fact, he would drive Joe Q's mother into the city to the Marvel offices since she lived on his street. The cover to this book is in part dedicated to my aunt's brother as well as one of the short stories being directly dedicated to him. I own a copy of the book. I really should get it signed by Joe Q at a convention and give it to my aunt.

Attached: 4746fcd898721cb3ec151511e67a4953.jpg (450x596, 47K)

Attached: Boys021-013 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.81M)

Attached: Boys021-014 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.91M)

this is just like my comic books with women beating!

Attached: Boys021-015 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.42M)

Attached: Boys021-016 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.85M)

So literally every American is responsible for the actions of the few dickheads in charge? All the people who died deserved it because Bush and Clinton couldn't stop fucking around in the desert?

Obligatory.

Attached: Juggernaut 9-11.jpg (1200x927, 348K)

why can't the super-hero save the ppl this time? i cri....

Attached: Boys021-017 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.73M)

where's supermen? or actually le man of murder XD!

Attached: Boys021-018 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.72M)

I'm gonna make a comic about how cops are great after this and then do a comic about hero man killing cops cuz cops are pigs :))) i aint no hypocrite!

Attached: Boys021-019 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.29M)

IT WAS SERIOUS TIME COMIC, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO LAUGH ABOUT IT

Attached: Boys021-020 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.48M)

>You're in any way emotionally affected by the largest loss of civilian life in your country in over half a century? Heh, well sorry kiddo, that's just how the world is. Truth is *unsheathes katana* they all deserved it.
>*tips fedora, moonwalks away like a dapper sir*

>the only people who said HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO US??? were sheltered idiots who needed to be taught that lesson.
Yeah, who doesn't expect commercial planes to be hijacked and crashed into buildings.

Pal. AT LEAST 2 million (and that is a very conservative estimate) innocent people who couldn't give two shits about America and likely couldn't even point to it on a map in Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan have been killed by the American armed forces since 9/11. No one has a moral high ground here.

5th grade. Teacher turned on the TV and we watched the news for a bit and then we were told to go home. I really only remember my parents buying me and my brother lunch then watching Tom and Jerry the rest of the day.

And here are the BORING TEXT parts, which I doubt will get through to you dumb cocksuckers.

Attached: Boys021-021 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.25M)

Fuck the sand people too.

Attached: Boys021-022 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.01M)

and that was ninen eleven.... i cri every time....

Attached: Boys021-023 Kopie.jpg (1920x2950, 1.06M)

Storytime the Big Lies, user

Stay mad americuck

>The numbers SAY those firefighters and office workers had it coming! Even if America technically didn't do anything yet!
I know you're trying to look all disaffected and cool when most people have a somewhat emotional (or at least emotionally-based) reaction to events like this, but all you're doing is making yourself look like a contrarian autist faggot.

to 9/11?

Hawaii wasn’t a state at the time. A modern Pearl Harbor would be like if someone bombed Guam.

9/11 was fucked up because it was an attack on civilians. They weren’t trying to cripple a military installation, it was simply a high casualty attack in a densely populated area, the type of shit you use to scare people about the
city, except this actually happened.

>Everyone with a mental illness
fixed

user, have you considered the fact that he might be baiting?
Like really fucking obviously baiting?

To be fair, it can be legitimately hard to tell in 9/11 threads, especially once the truthers show up

>dicking around the world, getting blow back and still playing the victims
Ellis was right

Attached: Victim.jpg (1080x1920, 331K)

Dude, chill. I was 10 when it happened. Didn't give a shit then, don't give a shit, now. So sick of all of this pearl clutching over a relatively minor tragedy.

>it can be legitimately hard
user, I don't know how he could've made it more obvious.

are punch beams hot enough to melt steel beams?

Maybe by outright citing Loose Change or mentioning Israel or something

Literally no act of American foreign policy could justify murdering thousands of uninvolved American civilians. Wouldn't matter if the US army literally bulldozed Mecca, retaliations against civilians for government action is unjustifiable.

>plane crashes into two buildings
>"Um, Spider-Man, wtf, why didn't you stop this?"

The fuck is Spider-Man supposed to do in this situation? Join the TSA?

/pol/ was infiltrated by MIDF since it was /new/, and one of their prime directives is to blame Jews for all their crimes.

I feel like mixing comic book villains with this is a bit jarring, because they could easily find the terrorist group the hijackers were part of and just kill all of them if they wanted.

George W. Bush literally made an announcement to the entire country of "#NotAllMuslims" like less than a week after the attacks.

Wasn't Dubya the one who coined "religion of peace"?

Yeah, no. Attacking the people is a legitimate target when at war, especially in a system like the US where our elected government leaders are the ones who keep supporting all the shit we do overseas, namely supporting Israel (who are total cockknobs) and constantly supporting coups and insurgencies because we like their leader or don’t like who they are fighting against.

9/11 was basically the only thing they could do because they lacked the military capacity to otherwise try and exert their goals, and it’s the type of thing that only works once because once the world realizes that someone will try to hijack a commercial airliner to turn it in to an impromptu missile, everyone plans for the contingency.

youtu.be/NUCh3wlrTcc

So in this universe the plane hit the Brooklyn Bridge instead?

Yes

>US supports Israel against terrorists
>therefore terrorists are justifed in attacking us

What really burns me up is that we're still buddies with Saudi Arabia till this day, when they've been backing everything from the PLO to Al Quada.

thanks mike, but I am already subscribed to the Red Letter Media YouTube account and am a patron on Patreon, so you can stop shilling.

>The Secret Origin of Hit Girl

Doom’s only crying because it wasn’t him that knocked the WTC down

Doom, Otto, and Eric have tried to genocide humanity at certain points. Juggernaut already knocked over the WTC. Only Kingpin has a reason to be there.

>elected

don't be so childish. Even IF there existed a country with a sane electoral system that gives properly representative outcomes you still kill people who were unable to vote or didn't vote for the current government.

And voting for X does not make you personally culpable for the actions of X, even if tactical voting was not a thing voting for a guy does not mean you endorse their foreign policy or that you support them throughout their term.

>their only way to exert their goals

horseshit, if your ONLY available action is immoral then no worthwhile human being would act, evil is a choice, they did not have to murder uninvolved civilians civilians but they did.

>tfw only 3 when 9/11 happened
to those who recall it and saw it happening, what was it like?

I remember Romita Jr got asked about the issue later and he said something like "it was really really corny, but we needed to express it at the time for our sake. And I don't regret it"

Like, if they were talking to a worldwide level super, the President or a member of the CIA I'd get it but what the fuck was Spider-Man supposed to do?

web up the plane between the buildings like in that raimi tv spot lol

Honestly as far as eulogies go this isn't bad. It feels heartfelt. People clutching their pearls over Doom crying or "reeee how dare they mix silly cape heroes with a real life tragedy!" are focusing on trivialities

>spider-man and all the heroes/villains who went to ground zero would have died from cancer

Otto once used the twin towers as a hideout while he told his minions to try gassing everyone in New York.

but would you like some pizza rolls?

This just doesn’t make sense

>killing is immoral when they kill us
Kek

It was a weird day where we got the last half of the school day off, with some parents running to their children and hugging them. And network tv completely being overridden by the news. And 9/11 never went away as a topic. But otherwise things were fine, I wasn't near any iconic structures for them to aim at.

In another few years, we’re going to have shows with time travel where someone is going to go back in time and have to wrestle with the idea of stopping 9/11.

You wage wars worldwide, you don't get to cry when they bite back.

That was Doombot

I'm sure all those innocent civilians are to blame for the decisions of their government and should be the ones held accountable for their actions.

Attached: 1557779112534.png (540x489, 287K)

I remember having dreams that terrorists were going to fly planes into my house for a while. Funny to think back on since I lived in the country and would probably get hit last if anything.

But 'Americans' did not do that you sociopath, that was the American government. the people are NEVER morally culpable for the actions of politicians and generals but well done for parroting the arguments of murderers.

Not what I said and i'm not an American, I just have morals and understand how little influence the people terrorists kill have.

>hiding behind semantic

I'm not hiding behind anything, the American citizens were not the ones responsible for the shit that their government did and it's fucking stupid to say that they deserved what happened to them and that they shouldn't grieve or complain about one of the biggest acts of terrorism in their history.

You're either baiting or you actually are that big of a retard

>save the world from nazis
>support al qaeda against the Soviet Union
>al qaeda blows up your buildings
>you don’t get to complain
Imagine being that retarded

>things were simpler
You were simpler

I think this is honestly a very well written comic, with the exception of this page.

>ITT: Retarded zoomers who weren't alive on 9/11 judge this reaction from a 2019 perspective

Are there stories that show in a 'realistic' way how superheroes would deal with such tragedies, either preventing it or providing adequate aid?

youtube.com/watch?v=5A72rQU8rs4
youtube.com/watch?v=pz6_8WAIGb4
youtube.com/watch?v=r3HRjSB99Dw

Attached: cityoffire00233.png (1920x1090, 1.26M)

Try living in the first world faggot lol

I remember playing Super Mario and my mom screaming at me to come watch the news and after seein it a bit I just shrugged my shoulders and continued playing Mario.

Instead of nearly 3,000 people, only a thousand died in the Boys. Still fucking awful and instead of Afghanistan, we invaded Pakistan for some reason. For whatever reason, I find alternate 9/11 scenarios like different targets and how those strikes would affect the country interesting. Taking out the Brooklyn Bridge not only kills a bunch of people and destroys a landmark but a major avenue between Manhattan and Brooklyn is out of the picture meaning commutes are going to get utterly fucked.

I can agree with that. The page wouldn't even be so bad if it only had a different lineup of villains because I understand the point of the page, it was just a poorly thought out lineup given Doom, Otto, Magneto, and especially Juggernaut's histories.

Attached: jms responds to doom crying.jpg (728x241, 40K)

>instead of Afghanistan, we invaded Pakistan for some reason.

The ISI had a heavy hand in supporting and funding the Taliban and Al Queda. Invading Pakistan would have been stupid and counterproductive, but it would still have been more justified than the invasion of Iraq.

>tomorrow people who weren't alive for 9/11 will be able to post here

Attached: normie.gif (720x405, 1.31M)

Thanks, user. Good reminder.

it makes absolutely no sense that 9/11 would happen on Earth-616. it also makes absolutely no sense that it would be a big deal on an Earth where New York is destroyed at least once every six months

Don't kid yourself user. I started lurking when I was 14, started posting when I was 16. I'm 22 now, but you know they're already here.

Not that user, but I was in DC at the time -- I was screwing around talking to friends in a discussion thread on a now-defunct site, when a NYC friend said that they just saw a plane fly into a building. I turned on the news and started quietly freaking the fuck out.

He's dead. Obama killed his ass.

This page is so dishonest I feel it circles back to being an actual insult to those who lost their lives. It would be like one day someone throws a nuclear bomb or something really really big in Afganisthan and they put Osama bin Laden crying in a tribute comic panel. Come on idiots.

This is *such* bullshit.

>Attacking the people is a legitimate target when at war
No.

>MIDF
Malaysian Industrial Development Finance?

Old fuck here.

I was a manager for RadioShack, and we had our monthly meeting. Come into the office and everyone is around the RCA center watching the news, after the first plan hit. We tied to go into the meeting, but it wasn’t gonna happen, everyone was thinking on what was going on. Some of the other managers were out watching. Hen the second plane hit. As we were talking about the upcoming sale, one of the managers came in from watching the news. All he said was “it’s gone”. The Distrt manager was from NYC, so she was in no shape to continue. She sent us home.

A group of us went over to a local sports bar to drink (this was at 11 am.). Ever single tv was tune to CNN. It was surreal.

The next day,we had the option o stay home or open our stores. I went into work, told my people to stay home. Th only customer I had all day was a soldier from the local guard unit. He bought a shortwave radio. And he patty much kne that they’d be heading out to fight.

Fucking day is burned into my memory. I don’t even recall my wedding day as well as this.

Fucking iPad keyboard missing letters

I've seen Yea Forums discuss this comic for years. I remember first seeing it on a dvd where the writers talk about how proud they are of it including the doom crying especially. I was curious, this interview is well known right? It's not some lost media or anything?

Oh I agree. ISI is shady shit. Just saying that they invaded that instead of Afghanistan for whatever reason. Didn't the Pakis have nukes in 2001?

>Doctor Doom cries on 9/11
>Ta-Nehisi Coates watched 9/11 and said he didn’t give a shit and the first responders he was watching die weren’t human in his eyes
>Marvel puts Coates on Captain America
>Marvel literally hired a guy worse than Doom

Attached: 014550A8-F732-48CD-9C71-E7D209D60D6D.jpg (1125x1271, 1.05M)

america made her own bed

HAHAHAHA. Marvel got BLASTED for this because they were not planning on donating proceeds to 9/11 from this. That is until they got pressured by fans and press.

How does he cry inside the suit?

No, Doom's only crying because both planes missed the Baxter Building.

Same age as you, and started coming here at the same age.
But why did you wait two years to start posting?

>he wasn't a stupid kid that thought that Yea Forums would somehow know his actual age
>not lurking for two years before posting

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 35K)

kek

You're barely old enough to remember what the world was like before 9/11, too!

>This is your brain on /pol/
Go overdose on fentanyl or something, you edgy niggerfaggot.

I bought into the whole lurk moar ideal pretty heavily. Honestly though I still think it's a pretty good rule of thumb.