Unsounded

Sounds like a whole lot of TREACHERY.

Attached: ch14_94.jpg (600x900, 239K)

Other urls found in this thread:

casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch13/ch13_30.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rare to see a spelling error in one of these.

How much longer must that boy suffer being Vampire's fashion accessory?

I've read it twice, but I don't see it.

>the entire revolution
>all those people dead
>so some faggot can get his nut off
Homo's confirmed for subhuman

So, given what's going on in the present, what winds up happening? Did Ruhk always factor into Sonorie's plans, or did she have to improvise when her scheming with Roger blew up in her face--probably thanks to whatever Duane's about to do in the next couple of pages?

"Seccession."

this reminds me how much Ashley loves Vagrant Story

Roger and the Etelarche Curse applied to him are critical to reverse-engineering the Dammakhert, and unless the Black Tongues had a better idea, Ruck and his venom is key in unraveling his soul. That much at least would seem to be according to keikaku.

well we know the revolutionaries end up getting genocided or whatever

Eh, his line of logic checks out from his point of view.
Coppers are basically nothing more than a familial asset instead of free to live their own lives.
Him wanting to throw an entire country in front of the bus for "freedom" is naive as fuck when we know how Cresce acts in the present.
I have zero doubts Cresce would deliver the deathblow to Alderode no matter who won the civil war.

a lot of those people were probably homophobic though, they should be grateful they were given the chance to die for true love

Yeah, but some other shit is about the go down. Vampire is gonna die for sure, and I'm betting that we see high casualty rates for both the revolutionaries and the Crescian soldiers.

>Coppers are basically nothing more than a familial asset instead of free to live their own lives
It's one thing to rail against the injustice of Alderode, God knows there's more than enough to go around, but his story seems to imply he would have been good with it if only the state would have allowed him to have buttsex with other men.
Not the child soldiers, the enforced breeding programs, the state sanctioned sterilization or the political slaves. All of this he could have lived with if he could have had his prostate tickled on the regular. Fuck this selfish fop (in a way he wouldn't enjoy.)

It seems more like his sexuality initially separated him from his family. It got him on the path towards questioning their whole lifestyle and privilege since they turned on him so easily the moment he turned out to be different.

Then he learned whatever shit he learned when they sent him away to the government and that's what broke him. That's what he's really fighting for.

Who the fuck knows when we'll be allowed to learn what he learned though. Cope is a fucking tease.

Roger's pretty hot on this page though just sayin

Ironic that Roger is at his most attractive on the same page that we practically get confirmation that Vampire is only using him.
Now, the real question is, is Vamps actually even gay? Or was that just the easiest way to get Roger to open up to him and be willing to risk everything for the cause?

I'm going to say that after a certain point in your kiekaku where you've seduced and fucked another man you're gay.

the gay bait. is the most Powerful bait

>Haha, this idiot actually thinks I'm gay like him
>What a naive little man
>I've got him completely fooled
Meanwhile he's pounding Roger's bussy every night.

Yeah, but that doesn't seem to be what Roger himself has in mind here. He seems to be plotting something with the Salt Lizard, that we will see in the next couple of pages. But it definitely seems true that it was not his original plan to wind up as rape fodder for a terrifying man-snake as his mind is slowly unraveled. That part seems like something he turned to only out of desperation, a desperation that Sonorie was happy to take advantage of.

He didn't for more than ten years.

>Meanwhile he's pounding Roger's bussy every night.
"Ten years since I held this face" doesn't sound like he's been doing that at all.

Probably some other dude's bussy though. Eustace?

>She will be soon
I guess for a Copper, "soon" is a very relative sort of term. I do wonder is Sonorie will make it out of the coming volume/book/whatever Cope calls the first third of Unsounded's overall story and what it will mean for Cresce. Will be in Alderode after that, and given how long this first part has been, we're not likely to be seriously back in modern Cresce for awhile.

Attached: UFAL.png (179x306, 130K)

I suspect given the context here that the idea is to reverse the curse and apply it to queen Sonorie instead. If everyone suddenly loves the Crescian queen she can easily take over.

He’s also naive to think Cresce cares about his cause. They want the mines his family owned and an advantage over Alderode.

He's a bit of a naive fucker. A schemer in his own way, but limited. Vampire's clearly taking advantage of him here. Sonorie seems to be doing so as well in the present.

ooh, I love giant carcass settings.

>alderode won't let me have gay sex on the streets so im going to mind control them into worshipping nigger pussy, that will teach them!

Hard agree. Nothing gets me more hot and bothered than a man with strong conviction.

Attached: 1565184874322.jpg (406x371, 89K)

Oh fuck, that's exactly what the plan is, isn't it?

Attached: 1541716929343.png (652x712, 250K)

>But just last page Mallory gently scolded Roger when he got too sentimental, so he doesn’t strike me as the type to do all this for love. Nor would Roger. This is all too extreme.
Ashley's words, it's not because of the dick.

Reminded me to check the tumblr, where I was reminded of this information we got early on in the chapter
>The war dragged on until Roger fled to Cresce for ten years - ostensibly because Queen Sonorie had wooed him, smoochsmooch.
I really wonder what this was about. By all accounts this is what broke the back of the rebellion. Surely the Etalarche Curse might have been whipped out earlier if he'd stuck around? What was so important that Roger had to go to Cresce to do it, or what was it about sacrificing the active rebellion that made that worth it?

Found you.

The first act of the rebels was to dismantle the Dammakhert stations in their territory. They had to be rebuilt for Roger to be cursed.

Either plans changed (when did Sonorie unearth the rape snake?) or the rebellion was never meant to succeed, the whole thing was bait to get the curse placed on someone Sonorie had access to and maybe if Alderode thought they were going to lose they wouldn't have cast it (for some reason.)

>Surely the Etalarche Curse might have been whipped out earlier if he'd stuck around?
Duane said it’s a last resort for the absolute worst of the worst. Alderode probably aimed to put down the whole rebellion in which he was a key player. And they were largely successful, Roger needed the Queen’s help to exit the country. Anons are probably right that she waited until he was cursed before taking him back though. From what we’ve seen of her she cares more for the nation than Roger. Not that she enjoys Roger suffering, but being a leader means making tough choices. Too bad they can’t pursue peace. Then again we wouldn’t have a story if they did.

I suppose that would make sense and I think it might jibe with I was thinking that maybe Roger kicked off a rebellion first without the Etalarche plan and that came along later, necessitating the change in tactics to allow Alderode to retake Avelpit, but some of what we've read implies otherwise. I guess it we'll see soon enough.

>Anons are probably right that she waited until he was cursed before taking him back thoug
I mean, that was kind of the plan they agreed on. He needs to be cursed for it to work, it has to actually hit his "soul," so they can analyze how it works. He was just as down for that as she was.

>scrolling through archived formspring questions
>Interior Emanations only came about because someone asked if the Silver Duane was caught banging was a Third Option and Cope immediately began spit balling the idea and thought it was cool
heh

Attached: emanations01.jpg (800x687, 245K)

>all these people obsessing with Roger's homosex instead of whatever he learned the red cost was

you mean there was a chance of the silver being an actual man?

Nah, Cope all along had the idea that Duane left school in the fallout of him kanoodling with a Silver woman. The situation was mostly the same: Duane was a wunderkind student, so the school wanted to push everything onto the Silver and Duane wouldn't stand for it and left of his own volition. The back and forth from the questions appears to have been lost, the archive is missing the earliest formspring questions, but from what I gather the school had some female students segregated into their own buildings and classes. Presumably not very pymary focused or only to the level that they could be like, school teachers for kids about theory or something. And this is where Sarthos would've originally have been. Similarly, it would've been brought up the same in the current chapter for Lemuel and others to make fun of him for. (This is sort of the most amusing aspect here, as the formspring question was asked while fucking Chapter 6 was going on, and Cope was making vague references to an army chapter coming much later and some guy who thought Vielgeng were cute and wielded two swords. Now, here we are years later.)

When someone brought up the idea of Sarthos being a Third Option, Cope realized it solved a lot of problems and added a lot more interesting angles to the story. Namely, she was having a hard time figuring out how they even properly got to know each other enough for Duane to do something that stupid. Sarthos being a Third Option meant they'd take the same classes, Duane could even be tutoring "him," and even start to feel strange about how hot he thought Sarthos was. And indeed, a lot of Interior Emanations is built around this relationship and it'd probably be a lot less interesting of a story in all regards with the original idea. It'd just be a thing mentioned in the comic instead of this interesting side story about Duane's school life, studies, and Alderode's weirdness.

And it also meant the army guys making fun of him could do it even more.

Attached: tumblr_n45fdaR8rd1sn9q38o1_1280.jpg (1135x1000, 227K)

It was something that only coppers have to do, and was enough to make Roger "suicidal" before having met Vampire. Presumably it's something that only Coppers of importance have to do. Which is... What, exactly? Being forced at Pymary-point to be a {{{charitable benefactor}}} to [[[good Aldish causes]]]? Giving some of your cum (is Copper Jizz red?) to a Kussena for ghastly purposes we won't get to know about for another eight books?

My bet is that it's being made part of the existing Copper schemes. Alderode is a Republic, and we've seen that non-Coppers can command some pretty sizable amounts of power, but it's pretty clear the Coppers were designed by whoever made the Dhammakert to function as 1) The Dhammakert's protectors (Dhammakert theory is a publicly taught and understood subject, so I doubt its maintenance is too fucking ghastly) and 2) Alderode's longterm planning committee. Perhaps a Copper with political ambitions is simply forced to become a political slave to their predecessors? Roger doesn't seem to be polemicizing about ending some kind of horror show, he seems - as Ashley colloquially described him- like a Libertarian, going on about MUH FREEDOM.

The curse, apparently, cannot be taken back, which might also explain why it's such a last resort (You can't unFUCK someone if you get the wrong guy).

Not really, they crop up every now and then, I reported the ones I saw but Ashley seems to let the work stand once she's posted it.

I don't see one in this page though.

Guys, what if the Etelarche curse also affects the target? What if that is why Roger volunteered to Rapsnek?

What, because he hates himself?

Even if that's true, that seems pretty unlikely to be the reason. Whatever Roger and the Queen are attempting to do was almost certainly decided on even before Roger fucked off during the initial rebellion.

That original plan might not have included Snek at all. We don't know what the lizard beast can do.
With it here and Roger being in its nest, it seems very likely that it's the lynchpin of the current plan.

It secretes salt. That is what the two-toes worshiped it for. Don't think it's powers are that special. It's role probably has more to do with two-toe support.

Ruck was unearthed. It's likely Roger, who seems to have been a floor-level manager of miners for a time and whose whole family is tied to mining operations, had something to do with that.

Senet beasts have their own khert fields, which if I'm remembering right block other spells, and salt lizard is definitely big enough someone could hide inside it. Plus they're surrounded by a fuckton of first materials, and the fancy firewall is in place. So maybe the plan is to use some combination of those things to capture the etalarch curse in-transit, baiting it with a valid target that "disappears" as quick as the lizard can close its mouth? Or something along those lines. Could explain why science-lady is there, to help with the capture of some complicated unknown bit of magic.

Also Alderode is a nightmare hell country just at a glance, and now characters are finding out there are secrets that are way darker. But yeah, the rebellion is probably just because all that intrigue reminded Roger how much he liked sucking dick. Perfect deduction.

>and salt lizard is definitely big enough someone could hide inside it.
It's body isn't closed off. It can't even really close it's mouth because it punched holes in it. Khert lines move through everything but first materials which would include the salt lizard's body - but the lines should still be able to move through it's holes.

Remember Duane could do pymary from inside a wandering root, which wouldn't be possible if he wasn't still connected to the khert from inside the senet beast.

>Roger is a Libertarian
The true villain was hiding under our noses this whole time

There is no greater good than opening all ports to Jeb's BBC (Beadman's Better commodities).

We need a “freedom ain’t free” Roger meme to counter the Duane one now

pls someone do this or Matty will cry

I like this one.

Attached: Knowledge aint free.png (870x590, 43K)

Also

Attached: Darkest Paul.png (853x543, 31K)

I thought the "holes" were more like windows where it had scraped the salt thin, rather than gouged holes. Guess not.

If not for the holes it should protect someone, though, shouldn't it? Pymary could still happen inside it, but without contiguous lines nothing should be able to pass in or out of the beast.

How have I not seen these before? Are there more?

I suppose if it swallowed him, or encased him in salt, but given that both are probably lethal I doubt it's that.

>But yeah, the rebellion is probably just because all that intrigue reminded Roger how much he liked sucking dick. Perfect deduction.
Weird tangent. That Ruck can be a later addition to the plan is in no way connected to Rogers reasons for rebellion.

>Ruck was unearthed. It's likely Roger, who seems to have been a floor-level manager of miners for a time and whose whole family is tied to mining operations, had something to do with that.

Didn't we see a panel of the unearthing?

>Didn't we see a panel of the unearthing?
casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch13/ch13_30.html
Yep, hard to tell who is in the background aside from the queen. I'll look back for the high-res version of the page to get a better look.

Here we are, basically can't tell shit about who is with her, just vague silhouettes.

Attached: patreon_hires.jpg (550x411, 101K)

Nobody special is with her. Though it is itself noteworthy the Queen was personally there. She really has been keeping this scheme to herself.

The circumstances of Ruck's unearthing aren't all that important. The only relevant thing is it took almost fifteen years to find him, and they were only able to convince him to emerge because he sensed Duane's coming and goings into the khert each night. Too intriguing not to investigate.

>but without contiguous lines nothing should be able to pass in or out of the beast
For pymary to happen, the wright must be connected to the khert. So there must've been a connection between the inside of the wandering root and the outside or (zombie) Duane would've collapsed because corpses don't get to walk around under our world's rules. Being inside a first material khert-proof cage would be like being outside Kasslyne and that would be bad for Kasslynian "humans".

>A total absence of khert is, in effect, our own world. There’s no pymary. There are no ghosts. There are no khert lines, so vliegeng can’t fly there. All that remains are the personal kherts inside Kasslynians. These orphaned little networks look around for the universal khert to tell them how to treat its materials, but that universal khert is back on Kasslyne.
>So your body may go a little wonky until it adjusts. Might be as simple as throwing up, or as creepy as your limbs passing through each other, or your hair turning temporarily grey. Maybe your body will clue in quickly, maybe it never clues in, and a sailor’s life is not for you.
>All of this is much the same for wrights, who only suffer the additional effect of being rendered particularly useless.

Since the salt lizard drinks and eats (and maybe breathes, since we saw it sniff), like the wandering root, I assume it's cavities connect to the outside too.

>The only relevant thing is it took almost fifteen years to find him
This sounds about right, but the timing is the thing that's in question, do you recall where this is said?

I'm saying it now, 'cause I'm Ashley. Booyah.

Well then how will I argue with you for the next 3 hours as a way to keep myself entertained?

Love you.

Tell me what countries use Sem! Who mints those coinds?

>The only relevant thing is it took almost fifteen years to find him
So they were specifically looking for him then.

I'd guess there are records of significantly important senet beasts. Ruck likes to fuck around with human affairs so they might have been able to track him down.

Them specifically looking for him really shows how long thought of this plan has been. Roger must have learned enough about the Etalarche Curse or the workings of the Dammakhert that he sent back to Sonorie and she started having it figured out how to enact her plan.

Ay Ashley, when did the Foi-Hellick affair start?

>I'd guess there are records of significantly important senet beasts. Ruck likes to fuck around with human affairs so they might have been able to track him down.
Or a certain salt lizard who lives exclusively underground was convinced to tell them about him.

We really have no idea how old Roger is, do we? He could have been planning this for a hundred years.

There's a significant gap between Roger and Vampire but Roger is embarrassed about his age and doesn't like telling other people so he's probably older than is normal. He said that retiring from managing the mines after his lungs began to rot so that's probably black lung which doesn't hit until you're over 50.

So I'd say around 100ish, maybe a bit below. He still looks like he's in his 20s so that's weird enough for other people but still young for a Copper, he'd be comparatively in his 20s to other Coppers while Vampire would be in his 60s or 70s maybe.

Ulestry. As a "pacifist" nation and the seat of the Gefendur faith, Ulestry's often turned to when the continents needs an honest broker and a neutral voice. This has become quite a farce since Cresce offered Ulestry their "protection" and now occupies them, but the international bank and mint still reside in Ulestry. It's a fascinating topic to me but probably too dry for the comic.

Roger and his men fought for a decade, then he left for a decade and the "war" continued as a series of smaller scale guerrilla raids and terrorist attacks. It's generally recognised that the "Affair" lasted around twenty-five years from the day the family announced their secession to this day that we're seeing in the comic right now. Today is the final day of the official war - V Day for Alderode.

>For pymary to happen, the wright must be connected to the khert.

That can't be exactly right. Juste is located within a first material geode and is isolated form the normal khert, which allows the black tongues to alter the khert there to their liking, but theyy can still cast normally.

I believe Juste has its own special Khert. This special Khert is isolated from the rest of the Khert, however, but it's still "self-contained".

Very interesting. So the money supply in Kasslyne is manipulated by a country that doesn't use money internally. And the country nominally in charge of the world currency is too cash-poor to police it's countryside. The bits you reveal about the economics of Kasslyne fascinate me too.

>Anonymous asked: How can flashback Bastion's suffering attract more ghosts when Juste has no true khert?
>‘Cause Delicieu’s got his contraption hooked into Juste’s farcyte conduit and out into the khert at large. Juste would be almost useless for pymary research and experimentation if it didn’t allow some sort of access to the khert, no?

Hey Ashley, I think Roger's pretty damn great. That's all.

>Sonorie seems to be doing so as well in the present
From what we've seen, Maha and Roger have been quite frank with each other. It's acknowledged that their "marriage" is meaningless but he is fully driven to go along with the plan, rapesnake and all, and Sonorie isn't blind or completely callous in regards to his suffering

I get a far more dubious vibe between Mallory and Roger, and if their relationship goes tits up, it could well have led to current Roger's more fatalistic mindset

I was hoping to learn more about this. I know it's common fantasy ways to have a "universal" money, but it struck me as really interesting about how the continent's finances work with big enemy Alderode and closed off places like Rachshane

He's not at Dharmakhert range

>Guys, what if the Etelarche curse also affects the target?
What do you mean, if? It does. We're told as much in Duane's narration. The Etalarche curse is seeking out Roger, but he's behind the khertfire at the moment, just as planned. Him being Etalarched is the entire point, but they probably need to control when it'll happen or he'll be fucked by his own rebel followers. Once he's been cursed, the effects can then by dissected by the Black Tongues and used to reverse engineer the curse, or just locate something else about the soul, provided they have original Delicieu's map of the soul.

We don't know when exactly this plan came to be, but presumably it's before the point in the flashback we're at. They probably knew they'd need Rukh, or a rape snek in general, for it to work too but simply hadn't found him yet.

Attached: ch14_68.jpg (600x900, 252K)

Guess why that is why he needs a Crescian, lizard and senet retinue. He can't be escorted out by Alds because they'd try to kill him. He needs to be inside Alderode but away from Alds to get hit and then get out before his former allies catch up with him.

Must be weird be one of his friends knowing in a few hours from now you'll want to kill him.

It's still not entirely clear if it's something that affects everyone, even some rando farmer on the other side of the country, or the effects are only felt when in his presence. Or at least the presence of the weird dammakhert telepathy all non-Soud alds have.

The need to his his soul and it affecting others through the dammakhert connections seem to indicate something like the latter, but it may also be that once in his presence the effect is permanent. Presumably it also doesn't affect alds if they first meet him once cursed outside of Alderode, where there isn't a dammakhert. But we're certain to learn this all soon enough in this chapter.