SNOY Pictures

>Ruins Raimi Spider Man
>Ruins Amazing Spider Man
>Ruins MCU Spider Man
>Ruins Venom

How can one company be so fucking incompetent? Why hasn’t Disney bought them out yet?

Attached: 4D11860C-5F7F-4EAE-945E-AE4D7968EC52.jpg (499x543, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Jjf0YThcgWI
youtube.com/watch?v=BeUN2FHqeHE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Admitting Disney is a villain
Kek Sony made bank with Venom, you think they give a shit about quality as long as people are buying?

because Sony is worth more than disney

This. If Sony is making over 800mil with Venom it doesn't matter if Spider-Man is making a billion because they would only be getting half as much. I don't know why this is difficult for people to understand.

youtu.be/Jjf0YThcgWI

Literally every Spider-Man movie has made roughly a billion dollars.

Sony doesn’t need Disney, Disney needs Sony.

>DA MONEY GUD

How are the Transformers, X-Men, and Terminator franchises doing again? The first couple movies made money right? I’m sure not improving the quality of their films really helped in the long run.

Snoy Pictures is certainly not worth more than Disney.

Far From Home is the only Spider Man movie to make a billion.

>But muh inflation!!11!1

Inflation only changes the value of the money earned, not the physical amount it made at that point in time. Sony didn’t magically gain a billion from the past movies because the value of the dollar changed.

Well they're still making Transformers and Terminator movies. Be pissed at Sony all you want, but Disney was stupid building their franchise around a character they don't fucking own the film rights to.

>Well they're still making Transformers and Terminator movies.

And each makes less and scores lower critically than the last. But I guess that’s what you want for Spider Man right? Infinite garbage films as long as Disney doesn’t have it right?

In your crusade against corporate power, you turned into the worst kind of shill for Snoy.

>inflation only changes the value of money earned
So each film grossed what would be considered the equivalent of a billion today is what you're saying?

What I want is for Spider-Man to go away completely. There are better comic characters.

Nigger, they earned more acquisitive power at the time than the adquisitive power earned with this year's film. Physical amount of money is worth shit if it has a lower value, you nincompoop.

I guess your post makes sense if you didn't obviously cut out the second part of his sentence, you stupid cum guzzling spic.

>Why hasn’t Disney bought them out yet?

They can't. Japanese business laws prevent it being bought out by a foreign country.

>I’m sure not improving the quality of their films really helped in the long run.
As opposed to Disney...? I mean

>How can one company be so fucking incompetent?
To the point of killing off a franchise like Star Wars?

>Completely ignoring Into the Spider verse, a film with the same ads producers and also made by the same studio who made the Emoji Movie.

Attached: best_shrek_face_by_mrlorgin-d7jaspk.jpg (320x317, 27K)

the amount of spiderman we've had in the past few years is going to lead to a massive crash and no one will give a shit about him soon which kinda sucks

>Ruins MCU Spider Man
Can't ruin what's already shit...

Attached: spidershrug.jpg (444x331, 139K)

mcu faggots need to hang. Why do you faggots shill for shit comic films?

Attached: CollageMaker_20190910_232201159.jpg (480x360, 102K)

>It's an "user is a retard who doesn't understand basic economy" episode
Ah, great. My favourites.

You can tell who’s an idiot on this subject when they don’t understand why Disney just can’t “buy out” competition

Reminder that Spider-Man would have become a public domain property if Disney didn't keep fucking extending copyright
Sony's fucking incompetent but fucking Disney in the ass gets a thumbs up from me

Attached: 1499691311625.png (400x400, 159K)

Thanks OP for containing the retards in your obvious bait thread. You're a trooper.

Attached: 1517363531506.jpg (281x214, 25K)

Well then you can fuck right off

Them buying Fox has set a bad precedent so now everyone assumes they can buy anyone.

And they let Miller and Lord run the show, which is why it's the only good Sony Spider-Man movie in years

>How are the Transformers, X-Men, and Terminator franchises doing again?
Pretty well, why?

>As opposed to Disney...? I mean

Yes, as opposed to the company with the best superhero movie and animated movie franchises in the game right now. What does Snoy have again?

>To the point of killing off a franchise like Star Wars?

Cant kill what was already dead due to the prequels.

>NO, YOU'RE STUPID!

Brainlet

>Transformers
Last Knight flopped and Bumblebee underperformed

>X-Men
Dark Phoenix bombed and the franchise is dead

>Terminator
Dead franchise

You stupid.

Spider-Man 3 made 10 billion pesos, which is better than 1B USD because it's a bigger number.

That guy doesn’t understand inflation.

You know that's a myth, right?

Actually he's correct

>Last Knight flopped and Bumblebee underperformed
The overall franchise is doing well.
>Dark Phoenix bombed and the franchise is dead
*The Fox Movies are dead
**Because Disney bought them.
>Dead franchise
They're putting out a new movie this year.

Dude, you're defending a guy that claims Disney is more succesful because they earned more "physical amount" of money and, even though he recognizes that the actual value of this "physical amount" of money differs, doesn't seem to understand that this makes physical amounts a useless concept, since what matters in regards to money is the value it holds in the market. I don't know if you're him or not, but jeez, do yourself a favour, open Investopedia and get your 101s on economy down.

He's correct about the value of money changing, but seems to put more importance on the physical money earned for reasons.

>The overall franchise is doing well.

A-user....what he described is a franchise that is not doing well.

>Because Disney bought them.

So the franchise is dead and you ignored the fact Dark Phoenix bombed.

>They're putting out a new movie this year.

user, Terminator has been dead since T2

>So the franchise is dead and you ignored the fact Dark Phoenix bombed.
Funny how that happened after Disney entered the picture.

>A-user....what he described is a franchise that is not doing well.
Um retard, you realize Transformers is a billion dollar franchise right?

Sony will end up asking for a shitload of money because Spider-Man is worth more than any other character Marvel Studios can use now to front Avengers.
Disney will realise their strategy to turn fans against Sony ultimately failed, that they cannot get Spider-Man for cheap, and will pay a lot of money because they've got it.
Spider-Man will keep appearing in the MCU.

X-men was dead with Apocalypse.

>Um retard, you realize Transformers is a billion dollar franchise right?

Explain why the last two entries failed to make exactly that amount then.

>Funny how that happened after Disney entered the picture.

Oh you're THAT type of retard

Because they’re fucking retards who worship a brand.

Loyalty to Disney
Loyalty to the brand
Loyalty is salvation
Loyalty is life.

Same, fuck that menace

Attached: 1549247082017.gif (160x160, 811K)

Sony literally offered 25% and Disney still turned them down. They have no one to blame but themselves

>How can one company be so fucking incompetent?
Remember when Sony e-mails leaked?
Remember how delusional, out-of-touch and retarded their executives are?

That's not how inflation works dumbass

I like how they basically have shat on Iron Man's legacy.

Classy.

Don't forget Tom Rothman is in charge, a man who makes Amy Pascal look like Jack Warner.

>when their standalone movie sucks

Do you think any of these companies give a shit about quality? It just needs to make money which Venom and even TAS did. Not to mention Spiderverse was actually amazing.

MCU spiderman also sucks shit. Oh boy Iron Kid

Because MCU Spider-Man is actually good? Why is that hard for you to understand?

>Because MCU Spider-Man is actually good?
Mr stark let me suck your cock some more please

obviously

but sony's gamble/bet is that their next spider-man will make a shitload so they can get all the profits and not flop. we do know sony will go all out on the budget as they have done for all past spideys. so if it gets let's say 700M? that's 300M less than the billion FFH got as well as marketing, etc. sony might not get a huge profit on it. it is impossible to predict how fans will react to a non-MCU spidey. it's a huge gamble

venom 2 will get way less even with carnage because arad is already aiming for pg-13 like an idiot and the first one was a stinker critically, people checked it out but will wait for home release

If disney wasn't a greedy piece of shit then public domain spiderman would have been used by everyone by now.

lol bending over for the mouse. post + screencap

at worst the sony movies had heart and soul instead of the essence of "here's your whopper bro"

We get to see how the What If Cartoons stack up against the literally transcendent art style of ItSV

what is more than likely is that sony will eventually sell off their movie studio to amazon/netflix/apple/facebook/google. they are now the smallest major studio in hollywood.

att merged with wb
disney merged with fox
comcast merged with universal
viacom cbs is remerging with paramount
sony stands alone, the writing is on the wall

hollywood is consolidating to compete with FAANG. everybody bitches about MUH DISNEY IS TOO RICH TO FAIL. disney is a fucking drop in the bucket compared to what silicon valley companies make. they're just the most competent ones in hollywood, merging with a 2nd studio to reinforce their movies/entertainment platform instead of being gobbled up by a takeover is a smart business move for them even if it's bad for us

> at worst the sony movies had heart and soul

youtube.com/watch?v=BeUN2FHqeHE

Attached: sonyemail.png (978x445, 145K)

Well spiderman is sony's only bargining chip. Why would people think they'd willingly give it up to disney?

Sony waited for Disney and Marvel to make Spider-Man good again and then they took him away.

Sony is a piece of shit.

>waited to make Spider-man good again
Then they kind of jumped the gun, don't you think?

Sony has to make a movie with the intellectual property before a certain amount of time is up or else the property returns to the original owner, which is marvel
The quality of the movie doesn't matter.

>the MCU didn't save Spider-Man movies
Sony clearly thinks otherwise.

Lol

i hope sony goes bankrupt

>what is more than likely is that sony will eventually sell off their movie studio
This. Sony pictures is a very small part of Sony overall, and makes money very inconsistently.

Retard.

>Sony Pictures is certainly not worth more than Disney.
True but Sony is a whole is worth more, furthermore what does Disney have to gain by buying Soney pictures? Would they really waste million of dollars just to get Spiderman back? Futhermore would it even be possible for them to buy up Sony without a anti-trust case showing up at their door?

I think Sony are in for a rude awakening with Morbius.

>Why hasn’t Disney bought them out yet?
Because Sony is full of debts and Disney just got Fox and besides Spider-Man, Sony's IP aren't worth a shit.

Sony Pictures is an american company.

>Putting TOM ROTHMAN in charge of Spider-Man

Holy fucking shit

Attached: How_To_Get_Rid_Of_Painful_Hemo.png (320x240, 131K)

as much as I hate Sony, I hate Disney even more

Reeeeee muh Iron boy id goood, Sony is baaad!1111

Yes it is

If I put a dollar in a box in 2002, it suddenly doesn’t come out of the box as $3 in 2019. That dollar may have been worth more back then but it’s still a dollar.

I'm not loyal to Disney, I'm loyal to Marvel. Marvel just happens to be owned by Disney. And if it weren't for Disney's deep pockets, Marvel wouldn't have gotten the X-Men and Fantastic Four back.

um spiderman is worth millions i think that would be a small investment

so?

>snoy
you can tell OP is a nincel from Yea Forums, that would explain his unhealthy attachment to manchild shit like capeshit movies
dilate and have shower

Attached: 1567981740976.jpg (592x443, 40K)

Never forget someone internally was trying to organise their own Spider-man division to handle the Spider-man films and stated that the rumors of a Mary Jane movie and Sony making a deal with Marvel was absurd.

This email was sent at a time where Disney and Sony were either about to (like literally within a month of sending ) or were already in negotiation.

>best superhero movie and animated movie
Arguable nowaday, even if it were a high bar. Ten years ago you'd be right, probably.

>Cant kill what was already dead due to the prequels.
Nowhere near the current trainwreck.

>I'm not loyal to this corporation, I'm loyal to its corporate subsidiaries.
Doesn't make you any less of a faggot user.

Attached: laughingwhores.png (560x500, 477K)

>Ruins Raimi Spider Man
Only the third one was bad, the other two are still the best two spiderman movies

>Ruins Amazing Spider Man
Both movies were ok

>Ruins MCU Spider Man
Homecoming was shit. Far from home was really nice though, it was like a two hours cartoon episode.

>Ruins Venom
That was bad.

Overall Sony did pretty well job with Spiderman. MCU spiderman was meh, its just MCU pandering.

>its just Iron Man pandering.
fixed

Oh so much incelian crying about spoodermon forget it user it's done move on there will be plenty of marvel mcu wank for you to fap to in the coming years just look you'll be getting x-mons that'll be something to look forward to won't it?

At some point, it's time to admit that Amazing Spider-Man 2 was one of the greatest cape movies ever made. Trust in Sony to handle this franchise better than the mouse.

And no, Spider-Verse does not qualify. It's a cartoon, made for kids and the elderly.

Sony should just by marvel

>Best Spider-Man live action film
Sony
>Best Spider-Man animated film
Sony
>Best Spider-Man game
Sony

>tfw Spiderman is sony, x-men is fox, and everything else is marvel
>tfw no campy violent old man logan movie with proper characters

Attached: image0-106.jpg (795x695, 39K)

That wouldn't happen, even if Marvel owned all the rights.

Explain why Only 3 solo MCU films made a billion while the other failed?

Not an argument faggot.

Gay

I'm excited for Spider-man to BE Spider-man and not just Ironboy

Do people really think iron man jr is good?
He doesn't feel like Peter

Nice hiss.

>Sony getting back the rights is a good thi-

Attached: sony.jpg (1020x880, 406K)

>Best Spider-Man live action film
Raimi, 15 years ago
>Best Spider-Man animated film
Lord and Miller, and only because Sony was too busy ruining Venom
>Best Spider-Man game
Insomniac

I don't like Sony but having someone with balls enough to cuck the mouse like this is refreshing.

Venom and Spider-Verse were good. Spider-Man 3 isn't that bad.

>best animated series
Also sony

Attached: MV5BMWZmYTI4MDctMzU4OC00ODJmLTkwMTgtYjRmMDRkMzc3NWZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg (1455x2220, 917K)

>company which has the rights to the character made more good things with him than the company which doesn't
No fucking shit

Someone explains this to me: Just how much creative control did Sony really had over the standalone MCU Spider-Man movies? because all that Stark wank strikes to me as Sony trying its hardest to show the general audiences that he is in MCU now. I know Sony tends to be pretty incompetent, but giving up their creative control is just too far.

And by 3 you mean 5

Most people think the deal was Sony letting Disney use the character in the MCU, when it was in fact Disney letting Sony set Spider-Man in the MCU, the vast majority of creative decisions were made by Sony, including the diverse casting, Iron Boy, and extent of MCU integration, Disney only oversaw.

Even if you weren't baiting hard with Spider-Verse, that's still two good Spider-Man movies over Disney's zero.

>Spider-Man - good with bad moments
>Spider-Man 2 - great with bad moments
>Homecoming - average with good moments
>Far From Home - average with great moments
>rest of Sony's Spider-Man media - irredeemable trash save for one scene in 3
Disney's track record is at least the safer bet. I'd rather see more Iron Boy than an Aunt May solo movie, a Sinister Six solo movie, a Morbius solo movie, a PG-13 Carnage teamup movie, a Miles movie, another awful Venom, etc.

I'd rather put up with all that shit for even the CHANCE of seeing actual Spider-Man instead of RDJ's lost puppy.

Except you'll continue seeing RDJ's lost puppy except without RDJ being directly referenced, since Sony is continuing the movie line.

I'll believe it when it starts shooting, until then I'll hold on to the glimmer of hope.

Tom already confirmed he's staying on as Spider-Man, the chances of it being cancelled are about as same as the deal being successfully renegotiated

yeah that somebody was amy pascal and avi arad

the ones still in charge of spidey now along with tom fucking rothman

anybody who thinks sony will deliver is fucking delusional. delusional.

Snoy Pictures? More like Sneed Pictures, amirite?

>Sony
Next spiderman could be amazing or shit is a gamble

>marvel
Confirmed mediocre/meh because they cannot stop use their meme formula

What reason do they have for selling them off? Sony itself is one of the biggest corporations on the planet and they don’t fucking burn money.

Ever heard of diversifying your assets? You faggots wanting Sony to sell, it’s all just wishful thinking.

Sony bought Insomniac

Best Spiderman game was by Neversoft you pleb

Still no.

Disney tried to change the deal to get more money out of it- because they're really fucking stupid apparently.
I don't really give a flying fuck about the MCU without Holland's ass in it desu
The main character is dead.

Attached: Spider-butt.jpg (639x640, 56K)

>>Last Knight flopped and Bumblebee underperformed
Last Knight didnt "flop" retard. It underperformed in China, which is the market they want to grow these movies in, so they stepped back to restructure the franchise and make a Hasbro MCU equivalent with GI Joe.

>Dark Phoenix bombed and the franchise is dead
Because they were bought out by Disney you fucking retard, so the original two-parter was cut down to one film to finish the series and it wasnt advertised so Marvel could start prepping the MCU reboot

>Dead franchise
LITERALLY A NEW MOVIE COMING OUT IN NOVEMBER, RETARD.

Attached: 1512448958612.png (951x451, 133K)

user they literally did not advertise the movie in any capacity and straight up cut the entire project in half because of the Disney buy-out.

>. so if it gets let's say 700M? that's 300M less than the billion FFH got as well as marketing, etc. sony might not get a huge profit on it. i
Considering Disney wanted half? That's still 200 million more than they would have gotten anyway, and Disney never paid for marketing, so their margins would be the same. It was great when it was 5 percent, but 10 times less profit turns a billion dollar success into the equivalent of a 500 million dollar change.

Disney made the last two Spider-Man movies, Disney could have made an animated Spider-Man movie with Sony under Pixar, Disney has been making Spider-Man tv shows, Disney could have made a Spider-Man game.

Yet they failed to compare. Just as they've failed with Star Wars.

That was a lot better than I remember it and Gwen Stacy did some cool stuff. You're complaining/mocking what looks like a good move in and old timey mixed media experience ce.

> Sony damage control on overdrive

Arent you at least allowed a lunch break or something?

>Spider-Man 3

A Decently engaging movie, the main issue is the third act being a travesty

>TASM1
Also decent

>Venom
Entertaining, not particularly coherent, but entertaining

>Spider-Verse
Fuck off retard.

>Pointing out REALITY and OBJECTIVE FACTUAL TRUTH is being a sony shill

Attached: [palpable disgust].png (337x334, 172K)

They would also only be paying half as much to make the movie.

I’m no corporate shill, but I’m just kinda disappointed and miffed that Spider-Man things will NEVER be mixed into the MCU ever again and Spidey can never make fun cameos in other movies, and hell never grow into being a strong, solo hero. I’m sure even you guys can understand,

And still paying for all of the marketing, user.

It not a good deal.

oh god i totally forgot the disney animated shit

WHY
every single series was worse by the ep.

question why doesn't
disney just make the spiderman continuation
via disney +
they got the tv rights don't they?

i bet holland would take the pay cut.

no they didn't, sony wanted to force in shitty venom into the MCU and wanted feige to produce another one of their franchises with less compensation, horn wasn't going to have his top guy out for pennies on the dollar, asked for 30% and sony went radio silent for 6 months

>the same studio who made the Emoji Movie.
>doesn't know how animation teams work

Do people actually expect a gift package from Disney, or any other faceless company for that matter, if they act as unpaid shills for them online? What's the goal here?

Fuck off, batfag.

>Sony not even in top 10 list.

Yikes

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-12-04-55-31.png (1440x2560, 527K)

>Last Knight didnt "flop" retard.

Yes it did, faggot. The last two movies made $1b and LK only made $600 on budget of $300m. It's a flop. That's why it underperfomed in China and thats why they're restructuring the franchise.

>Because they were bought out by Disney you fucking retard,

So Disney made one of it's own properties flop on purpose? Fucking idiot.

>LITERALLY A NEW MOVIE COMING OUT IN NOVEMBER, RETARD.

And nobody will see it just like nobody saw the last two Terminator movies. The Terminator franchise has been dead since T2. Hollywood only keeps making more because its a brand.

DP received tons of advertising. The movie was just shit and nobody wanted to see it, even in this lackluster summer.

>>So Disney made one of it's own properties flop on purpose? Fucking idiot.
Yes you fucking moron because they want to prep the X-Men brand for entering the MCU.

Attached: 1562287232241.gif (320x228, 1.78M)