Steven Universe Songs

Post em

tiermaker.com/create/complete-steven-universe-songs-180071

Attached: complete-steven-universe-songs-180071-1568139344-1.png (1216x927, 1.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-BwG8GsGGjw?t=34
youtu.be/ewyYsQ1vNtU?t=23
youtube.com/watch?v=H98Q9VU6IEM
youtube.com/watch?v=tZAz5hyW7YY
youtube.com/watch?v=GKPx--H75Wg
youtube.com/watch?v=sHc1988DQ-g
youtu.be/-ot6LjBG8ig
youtube.com/watch?v=XA7ozWydMlY
youtube.com/watch?v=_Btsy7GYvac
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this is my truth

Attached: my-image.png (936x1288, 1.44M)

>it’s over, isn’t it
>C
I could not discard an opinion faster.

I'd probably knock Both of You and On the Run up a notch, but I otherwise I can respect this.

fuck I don't remember a chunk of these songs, but I know 'Its Over Isn't It' is S rank, same with 'Other Friends'

Why do people hate Sadie's singing?

Attached: 0b0.gif (400x225, 1.5M)

I'm simple, don't have time to rate each one but every Pearl song is top-tier (with Do It For Her being the very best)

Attached: Sworn_to_the_Sword_139.png (1920x1080, 761K)

Because it's the embodiment of all townie episodes (especially the worst ones) in song form.
What does Sadie's character arc really add to the story of Steven Universe and the Crystal Gems? How prominent is she? If we removed Sadie entirely from the show, or just her singing bits, what is effectively changed in the story?
Also it's just bad.

Attached: 1456378687263.png (787x567, 391K)

Yep, another S-tier song

Sadie's song in the movie was the only song to make me cringe

I think Sadie's one of the better townies in that she actually has more of a character arc and illustrates how one should be focusing on self-improvement rather than just trying to force change on others. But as you say, it's still pretty disconnected from the rest of the main cast and conflict beyond her relationship with Lars.

This is off the top of my head, so no bully

Attached: my-image (1).png (1064x1016, 1.34M)

Bismuth needs more songs.

Attached: my-image (1).png (1064x1105, 1.38M)

It's overrated

>Love Like You unanimously in S tier
I mean I'd agree, how is it so good?

To add further to that I would have to mention that the voice actress for Sadie cannot sing to save her life and it makes her songs cringe inducing compared to the other characters since they have a better grasp on actually singing. Like they sound like they've actually had experience singing and the make it compelling, I mean look at Garnet who is voiced by a singer. If the voice actress for Sadie was maybe dubbed over by an actual singer during those performances I would probably be less harsh.

Attached: 1509068087574.png (400x418, 122K)

S to C all songs that could get stuck in my head

> WHO WE ARE that low
>Steven's Song time that low

youtu.be/-BwG8GsGGjw?t=34

Attached: Su songs.png (1064x923, 1.32M)

Love like you continued to improve cause Sugar was writing and adding to it as the show goes on

> NO "We Deserve To Shine"

youtu.be/ewyYsQ1vNtU?t=23

>towny episodes
people who dislike them are the embodiment of the theorysts who keep making up stupid nonesense to try to explain that which even the creators don't give singular fuck about.

S and A is anything i'd willingly listen back to
B and C means I won't skip if its in an episode

Left out a few songs that I either don't remember or don't care enough about to list.

Attached: unknown[1].png (1173x770, 1.1M)

Kate Micucci is a professional musician

S tier stands for Spinel tier
other friends is the best song

s stands for sady

Attached: 1567116236229.png (819x460, 19K)

Attached: r8 my t8st.png (1148x830, 1.08M)

A little generous with a few songs. Most of the D songs I just absolutely hated.

Attached: tierlist.png (1203x923, 1.42M)

Attached: my-image (1).png (1064x1264, 1.41M)

Everyone thinking a thing is the hot shit does not make it bad or even mediocre.
It's character-defining, well-delivered and smart.
A B seems the absolute least I can see that as.

Dislike of townies combined with it having some of the most faggoty, cringe-inducing moments of the series.

I don't really feel like making a tier list, nor have I watched the show recently enough to actually be able to properly rank them. I'll put some of my favorites though, in no particular order
Here Comes a Thought (probably my favorite SU song, despite hating Stevonnie)
Peace and Love on the Planet Earth
What's The Use of Feeling (Blue)
Other Friends
system/BOOT.
Drift Away
Strong in the Real Way (love how Pearl and Steven's parts mean things completely different, despite the words being the same. It's pretty clever.)
Comet
And of course, the extended version of the theme.

Attached: 1567500134863.png (374x570, 176K)

>Here comes a thought in last

Attached: Screen_Shot_2015-04-24_at_6.00.14_PM.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 203K)

I dig Kate Micucci so I'm a bit biased, but most of her songs are really horrible. Plus Sadie is like the only towny who sings, and no one gives a shit about fucking townies

Her singing itself is alright, its just that a lot of the songs she's singing are crap and embedded within episodes that people couldn't care less about. She has a good voice (I keep getting her version of "Haven't you noticed i'm a star" stuck in my head) but I hate any of the "Saide and the Killers" songs.
That one just doesn't click with me. The verses are alright but the chorus just feels to monotone and repetitive to the point where I can't stand hearing it.

Attached: file.png (1064x1401, 1.43M)

Attached: my-image.png (1216x999, 1.45M)

I respect it

>people like the song where steven speaks oo oo oohoo out loud instead of singing it

Sadie songs are hard to listen to.

Attached: my-image.png (1216x829, 1.44M)

Organized as well minus the forgotten tier.

Attached: The Right Opinion.png (931x1197, 1.69M)

>Sadie Killer songs being that low
I can agree with this.
Her voice just does not go with the sort of angry grunge rock they're going for.

>bismuth needs more songs
agreed, who we are is so fucking underrated

Love Like You>Let us Adore You>Isn't it Over

Don't remember or care for the other songs

Familiar should constantly be S-tier you no taste faggots

a lot of these i'm just going off what i can remember of them which isn't much

Attached: my-image.png (1064x1109, 1.43M)

Why?

Literally everything wrong with the dogshit that is the local indie genre. People who can't sing, singing shitty songs, then being vastly overrated due to being from the area.

I haven't seen the movie yet, so I can't rank those songs.

Attached: my-image.png (975x923, 928K)

Why do people hate Familiar it’s Steven’s best solo song.

Why are people mean to Rowdy Ruby Rider

because ruby has the worst fucking singing voice next to sadie

I can’t remember any of Sadie’s songs if you asked me to sing them back.

i'd rather listen to Ruby Rider on repeat than subject myself to some of the Steven songs in S5, particularly that last one errgh

Which songs specifically? Now that you mention it I can’t think of any season 5 songs except for Familiar.

These are the ones I can remember.

Attached: my-image (5).png (1064x742, 919K)

I never got why people jerk that song off. It always came off as awkward and stilted to me. Don't even think it is sung that well. Is it just cause people like the general idea of the song? Or is this song+animation tiers?

I agree. The song doesn’t stand on its own without the episode.

>here comes a thot in S
>Mr Greg not in elder god tier.

Oof ouch my bones

A little extreme, but this. I can't believe more people here don't have Stronger Than You in S tier. IMO Garnet singing that song is the peak of the entire series, at least up until CYM/the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=H98Q9VU6IEM
A Naked Woman is SSS Tier

For real

I will agree that the show thematically peaks there, but Estelle is probably one of the weaker singers on the show. Deedee's voice outshines them all and it's not even close.

BUTTER SNOT
youtube.com/watch?v=tZAz5hyW7YY

>Estelle is probably one of the weaker singers on the show
Especially in the movie, it's like she had a stroke.

Let's Only Think About Love. You know, one of the best songs in the show.

I always feel silly for thinking that, but I really haven't enjoyed her singing after stronger than you.

I've got bad news user...

I'm Steven.

Now we're gonna bury you

>this is garnet
>back together
>and I'm never going down at the hands of the likes of the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down

Estelle's kind of restricted having to sing as Garnet instead of just herself, but I don't really have as scathing a post-Stronger Than You opinion on her as some anons here do. I like Here Comes a Thought and True Kinda Love a lot.

>Change that low
Something is clearly wrong.

Glad to see I’m not the only one

Attached: 26386423-A82D-402B-B894-EA74262A3BF7.jpg (299x391, 58K)

True Kinda Love was the lowest point in the entire movie for me because not only did it sound like shit, but it killed all tension and lingered for way too fucking long

The groovy instrumental part in True Kinda Love when they crystal gems were kicking Spinel's ass was great

the song itself was really nice, don't know how people don't like how it sounds possibly the best Garnet song
but I also think it was placed pretty awkwardly in the movie

>Other Friends in C
Kys

Cookie Cat should NEVER leave D Rank

Attached: file.png (1047x823, 1.14M)

She has a fantastic singing voice and I'm sure in her own genre she's great, but she just can't do the kind of more-story-than-song rhythm of musicals. She's completely stumbling all over her own pace. Even in Stronger Than You I feel it pretty strong.

I actually didn't like it at first. But then I gave it a relisten. And listened to it again in Japanese and I realized I really love the song.

>mfw Cookie Cat after listening to You Reposted in the Wrong Universe

Attached: 158[1].png (447x378, 11K)

I had forgotten about the extended intro. There was a really good live reaction to it, cant find it.

my tastes may be shit

Attached: stev.jpg (1156x742, 178K)

>all these self-conscious fags with no confidence refusing to put Stronger Than You in S tier because they don't want people to think they're just on the bandwagon

Attached: 1567983795393.png (500x387, 58K)

It's just an A for me, friendo
Maybe it's just cause I'm not that into that style of music

A great moment but a mediocre song. Just like Make a Change.

Who said they hate it?

I'm very disappointed in you

I don’t feel like making a list since I can’t remember every song from the series but True Kinda Love and Strong In The Real Way are certified club bangers

Attached: my-image.png (1064x1150, 1.46M)

Stepford Pearl and the triple mommy harmonies hit me directly in the penis.

I seriously can't place those bottom 2, I dont remember them

Attached: my-image.png (1064x1016, 1.27M)

Also 4 of them didn't load (blank white spaces) for some reason so if I'm missing songs that's why (Other Friends most notably)

They were both from a completely throw-away episode near the end.

Familiar had a good point but was a bad song overall.
Escapism was a decent little blurb song but seemed completely out of place and background voiced by I don't know, was it Sugar herself? Someone outside of the VA.

Looking at the credits, it's Stevonnie's VA (AJ Michalka) with Zach and Grace doing back up vocals

I am one hundred percent right

Attached: 60A9D7C7-5918-4117-8AEC-574F26C0BC4E.png (1216x1326, 1.53M)

I couldn’t figure out what some of them were though

IT’S FUCKING SHIT

The fight is cool but the song is NOT

user, finding cleverly written lines in these songs is like finding diamonds in the cracks in the sidewalk. They must be cherished. Other Friends is just the same refrain over and over, it sucks.

>Familiar
>Bad song
What is wrong with you people? That's an S tier song for me. It almost never leaves my head.

This.

I cannot for the life of me remember the tune.

I personally find it boring and repetitive
Also the expositions parts of it are whatever

youtube.com/watch?v=GKPx--H75Wg
One of the few instances Zach sings closer to his actual voice.

no

I.... I cant remember all the songs from pictures

Do what I did and use Youtube.

The Sadie song with jelly blood was actually decent

I hate the lyrics, despite the subject matter they're stiff, over-literal. Not interesting, not insightful, not clever. And no offense to Zach, but he's no singer. He can do minimalist stuff where it's just a few lines interspersed between instrumental segments filled with action or segments of exposition, but he can't carry a song. And, frankly, most of SU songs survive primarily by their context and in this case the context is just a bunch of Cinderella pebbles doing Cinderella things. Not very memorable.

Yeah but which song is them sitting on the beach at night? the normal title?

It's the song Steven sings at the very end of the series, Change Your Mind.
youtube.com/watch?v=sHc1988DQ-g

That's the "Pretend not to care what people think about me and love yourself, despite the fact that our entire fanbase will literally kill themselves if everyone doesn't give them a high five and a cookie for pretending they're special" song Steven sings after they "beat" White Diamond.

Why do none of these tier lists include Meanie Zucchini

Attached: 1422791476446[1].png (254x240, 34K)

You have a very simple view of life don't you user.

My taste is a little odd, but honestly I'm happy to listen to almost any of the music in this show.

Attached: my-image (3).png (1064x923, 1.42M)

Not a crime.

Steven and the Crystal Gems isn't there either despite Steven and the Stevens being there. I assume they were meant to count as one but I prefer the former.

Not pictured SSS Tier

I don't agree, I would say Zach is a good singer.

Especially as of the movie. I find it weird when people say he's a bad singer.

His head voice is crap.

It's not a well composed song, but it's feels great just to listen to.

Reminds me of this: youtu.be/-ot6LjBG8ig

It's a relaxing mantra which is basically what mindful meditation is.

Estelle sounds drunk in every single song she sings. It really rips me out of it every time.

Attached: DuW0afVUwAAUppD.jpg (706x1200, 68K)

S tier is solid, can't disagree with any of those.

what even were some of these?

Attached: tierlist.png (1064x1021, 1.45M)

This is the tier list i agree with the most so far this thread

>all this anons who haven't realized Drift Away > Other Friends yet
I remember when I was young and stupid

Attached: 1509841262556.gif (240x164, 2.87M)

also where was the only SS tier song in the whole show, let me ska my van into your heart

It's just.. catchier.

So is herpes

ok you got me with that shit

Attached: 1567729965130.png (185x185, 53K)

Took me a bit but I was finally able to recognize each of them except for that one Ruby song (Not Ruby Rider). So just ask away.

He sounds infinitely better when he isn't trying to do falsetto

>steven jewniverse

man that poop takes me back

Drift Away isn't as good without the visual. And a song that isn't catchy is just poetry with an identity problem.

song is fine itself, but was tonally very inappropriate placed in the movie

Attached: 1487821667691.png (285x381, 134K)

there were 12 I couldn't / didn't feel like figuring out what they were.

Attached: Facts.png (1064x1018, 1.15M)

What do you think it would feel like to squish lapis's big bloated belly around haha

I listed them, I put them in a tier.

>Not knowing Giant Woman
Come on now.

i wouldn't know

Attached: 1471291576311.png (853x1061, 396K)

Why it it a picture of Opal instead of steven singing

>Comet in A
My nigger

she sings it too

Because context of a scene makes it more recognizable than the singer himself.

I think you're just mad 'cos you're single.

not to me

Attached: 1487897690146.png (500x281, 245K)

Well then I guess memory just works in mysterious ways.

>People putting No Matter What any lower than A tier.
>People putting Comet lower than S tier.
>People putting True Kind of Love anywhere near S tier.

Attached: 1568057329099.png (327x358, 214K)

> Garnet/Pearl duet never ever

>>People putting Comet lower than S tier.
Finally, someone with taste.

Attached: 1478168063368.png (571x500, 13K)

anyone else think this song could've been absolute kino if they used it better
youtube.com/watch?v=XA7ozWydMlY
>I'd rather be
>Free
>From here
it fits Pink's character so well, really should have been Pink's song sung by Pink's VA perhaps we get it through a Steven psychic connection thing... rather than smash cutting it over the worst Diamond Days episode.

Attached: familiar-pink-shoes.png (1920x1080, 1.92M)

It redeemed that episode

so easily

Attached: lewd23794.png (391x299, 130K)

here comes a thot will always be my favorite

OP here, I left out "gag songs" (like the the Mr Smiley song) and reprises except for the movie finale. Probably should have kept them in for the sake of completion though

Some of this are accidental repeats. I put here we are in the future twice, escapism twice, and the steg fusion song twice. Tiermaker for some sick reason doesn't have a way to delete them once they are added

these really need titles because I can't recognize all of them by screenshot

A lot of them just have really shitty screenshots.

Am I the only one who liked Ruby rider? I thought it was cute and Ruby's VA isn't half bad.

I love cute Ruby!

I would ride a Ruby

I would ride a Ruby too.

Attached: ruby rose.jpg (720x406, 37K)

Attached: my-image(1).png (1064x1014, 1.57M)

Shit taste, coming through

Attached: SUsongtierlist.png (1064x1200, 1.37M)

I was going to call you gregpilled as fuck until I saw Van into Your Heart in F

Now I don't know what your problem is

Not that different from mine. Comet's his best song but Van also went into F tier for me.

> Sadie always in low tier
truly men of taste

WHO WE ARE SLAPS!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=_Btsy7GYvac

Attached: EEJGwfSWsAACcq8.jpg (1200x849, 162K)

>As long as one of us is standing to brandish the star
We'll find a way
To save the day
That's who we are!~

he'll yeah brother

Attached: EDIlkD6WwAAhcZ8.jpg (1200x778, 133K)

I can't be bothered to do the full thing. My favourites are Love like you, Do it for her, For just one day let's only think about love and Familiar.

Pretty cool how Steven's emblem came to be the star and now they all wear it. Or was that the crystal gem symbol?

It was the Crystal Gem's symbol, and coincidentally it was also Greg's symbol.

>oh shit, the world's getting destroyed?
>lemme lay down some easy goin' tunes in the background.
>everything's gonna be alright
The song in a vaccuum is pretty great, though.

>you posted in the wrong X memes
God, I miss those.

I don't know shit about Steven Universe (what if autistic rocks could be gay?) but even I know Other Friends is fire.

>What's The Use of Feeling (Blue)
I love Patti LuPone probably more than most SU fans, and was absolutely stoked at the onset of her first song, but I honestly cannot get behind this song, and am confused/curious as to why people rank it so highly.

Attached: 1558554262280.jpg (750x750, 81K)

This, so much.

Also, this is the first I'm learning of who was singing it. Huh.

Attached: 1528689258935.jpg (393x343, 30K)

This is literally the only good part of the song. It's held down by the rest

>I've never heard of juxtaposition

Attached: tfw_need_voice.png (240x276, 78K)

The ads spammed it way too much and people grew sick of it relatively quickly. I bet if that hadn't been the case, it would've been unanimously loved.

How incompetent at music do you have to be to not realize that a swing song is literally constructed to be repetitive? That is literally what the rhythm is intended to build, the music bridges into the same chorus to return to the 'swing'. Just say it's not your genre, not that it's bad.

>What does Sadie's character arc really add to the story of Steven Universe
>If we removed Sadie entirely from the show what is changed
It's seems you've forgotten Lars and how pivotal he was to the third act of Steven Universe.
You take Sadie out and you have no Lars.
You have no Lars and you have no new Lion.
You have no new Lion and Steven stays stuck on homeworld.
Stop being such a pleb.

Attached: whosLaramie.jpg (685x716, 90K)

>likes Sadie
nope nope nope

woah woah woah woah
That better not be the Cookie Cat jingle I see in the F tier

she can hit those rumbly low notes its great

belongs in F

It just sounds like a powerful villain song and I can kind of fuck with that.
The bridge is the part that keeps me coming back to it.

C'mon now

That part is nothing without the build up. It's basic song writing my dude.

There are songs with GOOD buildup too

OBJECTIVE RANKING
coming through, r8 h8 masturb8

t. pretentious music major

Attached: susongs.png (859x1014, 1.38M)

after giving it a second listen i honestly agree, it was definitely the unfitting setting which was turning me off from it. still not a huge fan with how it sounds but it's a lot better standalone

Attached: my-image.png (1064x1205, 1.44M)

>Any SU song in S rank
you fuckers rank media like videogames.

Top tier Sugar is Remember you/Best friend in the world and no SU song come close ot that.
Maybe do it for her/him

>escapism and change your mind in SS tier
otherwise decent list

This is a respectable list even if there's a lot of stuff in C and especially D that I'd personally move up.

Ruby's VA is literally the worst I have ever heard.

It's just really cute. It sounds like a song a 10 year old is singing.

I'll say this: it's very impressive that they were able to turn Rebecca Cyclamate's pedo-guitar plucks into something resembling real music.

I used to hate Ruby's VA because she sounds like an 8 year old with autism, but then I realized Ruby is essentially an 8 year old with autism.

Why did people like this shit, again?