Seriously how do you go from this?

Seriously how do you go from this?
youtube.com/watch?v=nazd-KgCjVI

Attached: MV5BZGIwMDM5ZTctZDgxNC00MTQ1LTkwMDUtMDNlNzI3ODM3ZmMxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIyNTk4MTU@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,17 (1777x999, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b9UvZbqhjwk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

To this
youtube.com/watch?v=b9UvZbqhjwk

160 episodes, 11 shorts and a movie is how.

>160 episodes
there's barely 20 plot related episodes in that shit.

what point are you trying to make
i rank both about the same

i'd be a very happy man if i could go the rest of my life without hearing
>Here we are in the future
again

no lack of vocal practice over the shows run.

Magic.

puberty to lose that baby fat, of course.

How does that prove what I said to be in any way inaccurate?

>Steven goes from cringe to based
How did he do it?

>He hates catchy songs
Look at look him. Look at him and laugh about how HERE WE ARE IN THE FUTURE.

He got involved in a space war, nearly died a couple of times, got a girlfriend. The usual.

There were typically 15 plot-related episodes per season, the 11 that weren't just dragged out because the worst hiatuses were all situated perfectly around them.

Maybe you'd be a happy man if you heard the smallest violin in the world

Attached: (You).png (1800x1578, 199K)

5 of those 11 were townie-related so it really does seem like the hiatuses just made people forget everything about the show in general.

thanks for reminding me when this show was fun

Attached: s1-steven.png (238x351, 113K)

Hard disagree there, it only really became Steven Universe when it stopped doing monster of the week stuff to pad out the runtime. You can practically smell Ian's OK KO influence early on. It's not bad, just at odds with the rest of the show.

that pic really doesn't work here
I like SU but that specific song is shit, better songs in the movie

FUCK THIS FASCIST SYMPATHIZING SHOW

>He doesn’t like fascists
Gay

*she

*Greg

>it only really became Steven Universe when it stopped doing monster of the week stuff
Oh fuck off
Those early episodes really put in the legwork to make characterize these characters, they were great

Attached: Lars_and_the_Cool_Kids_(039).png (1920x1080, 1.85M)

>OK KO did a great job balancing plot episodes with quality standalones
>cancellation forces it to become a pure plot show
>Steven Universe great at plot, weak at standalones
>success forces it to maximize episode count with lots of subpar standalones

Attached: lord-boxman-ok-ko-lets-be-heroes-2.1.jpg (210x240, 15K)

I will take comfy monster-of-the-week adventures peppered with hints of lore any day, rather than have all this talk about feelings and being yourself and whatever. Also Steven was less insufferable when he was allowed to mess up every now and then

He made a change

That was the whole theme of the movie

I thought the pacing of the show was done very well up until season 4. Early season 1 being an adventure show with breadcrumbs of lore leading up to the Ocean Gem arc was fantastic. It really sets the tone for the rest of the series.

OK KO literally has no plot, unless you count being self aware as a plot

>OK KO
>Great at anything

Ok ko has one of the most believable gay couples in recent tv but they were dudes not lesbians so canceled.

You can't just put literally in front of a sentence and pretend it's true.

>'cause he came to this planet from outer space!
>A refugee of an interstellar war!
>He left his family behind!

Attached: realization-gif-meme-4.gif (220x165, 731K)

I literally can

If Sugar is to be believed, she had the entire skeleton of the plot on lock before the pilot even aired. Idk if it's autism but I admire it

I'll tell you how.

Season 1 was not perfect. But it had SOUL. All the background lore is actually subtle, the storyboarders knew how to make a mood, and the animation quality was decent. When it got good, it got REALLY good. (Mirror/Ocean gem, finale). The townie episodes actually had a point because they'd include the gem shenanigans.

S2 is when the show became too self aware of its SJW audience and the soul dropped. Subtletly didn't exist anymore and the animation budget fell. Both the story and visuals became dog shit permanently for the rest of the seasons.

>foreshadowing is autism
Of course stories should know where the fuck they're going before they start. Why is that weird?

You Reposted in the Wrong Universe gave me a whole new appreciation for Cookie Cat

Attached: 1567242631716.jpg (400x383, 56K)

HERE WE ARE IN THE FUTCHA
YEAH
HERE WE ARE IN THE FUTURE AND ITS WRRROOOOOOOONG

Attached: spinelonbroadway.webm (1920x1080, 1.59M)

Steven is as tall as Lapis, nice

You mean how in early season its full retard then it becomes a preachy pretentious turd in later seasons?

The moral of the movie is even Steven can find somebody he doesn't like.

Stupid bastard didn't even hug the floppy bitch.