"It" Director Andy Muschietti Confirmed For THE FLASH

Is it actually happening?

>"What captivated me about the Flash is the human drama, the human feelings and the human emotions that play in the drama of it. It’s going to be fun, too. It’s a beautiful human story."

newsarama.com/46746-it-director-confirmed-for-flash-movie.html

Attached: The Flash.jpg (450x300, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hu30X3m3EXE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Is it actually happening
Never ever.

We will get a Hawkman movie first

mas vale que le enseñen a correr correctamente esta vez

That's about the most generic thing you can say about any character.
>“An element of horror? I don’t think so,"
That's good news at least.

Isn't he still played by Ezra "unathletic queer with weird feet" Miller? Don't hold your breath.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hu30X3m3EXE

Attached: reverse-flash-art-3k-750x1334.jpg (750x1334, 565K)

>unathletic queer with weird feet
He's everything but unathletic dude

Now that everybody hated It Chapter 2 and it won't make as much money as the first part, WB will get cold feet again and fire him

Yeah, look at this absolute athlete.

Attached: 889db0e07625aff88698452c6483bea1.jpg (933x1400, 122K)

>WB wants Lord and Miller to direct, but they don't have time for it
>WB signs Seth Graham-Smith of Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter to direct, but he drops out due to creative differences
>Greg Berlanti was rumored to be attached to direct, never materialized
>Rick Famuyiwa, director of "black" movies gets signed, but leaves due to creative differences
>WB tries to court Robert Zemeckis, Matthew Vaughn, Sam Raimi and Marc Webb to sign on
>Raimi and Webb flat out say no
>WB tries to court Lord and Miller again to no avail
>John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein get signed on to co-direct, but quickly drop out
>Andy Muschietti gets signed
This is the fourth director to be publicly announced for this movie that should've come out in 2016 and was at one point officially slated for last year. This shit is never ever coming out.

it can't be harder than making Wonder Woman and Aquaman
what's their fucking problem?

"the human story"
Blah blah blah show cool speed FX and rogues with awesome powers that's all

This will only get made if they recast Miller

I've read somewhere that Ezra is very difficult to work with and demands a lot of script changes, but couldn't find any credible source to substantiate it.

People liked Wonder Woman and Aquaman even if their first appearances were in shitty movies, I've heard not one good thing about Ezra's Flash.

Probably basing it off the Flash portrayal in JL. I mean it's easy to sell dudebro Aquaman and no-nonsense Wondy, it's pretty hard to sell quirky incompetent Flash as a protag.

Really? I heard people liked him in JL, though that was mostly due to him bringing levity to the script rather than actual characterization.

>I've heard not one good thing about Ezra's Flash.
Now thats got to be a fucking lie.
I've heard people call him one of the few bright spots of the movie.

>it's pretty hard to sell quirky incompetent Flash as a protag
How's he supposed to be incompetent?

Yes, WB people.

>villain is the Trickster with a horror twist

That isn't a real response.

speedforce is fucking retarded

>can't fight, just shoves people
>scared of everything
>has to be constantly told what to do by Batman
They clearly made him the noob hero to a comical level. Iron Boy used Tony as a crutch but at least Tony didn't have to tell him that his fucking job is to save people.

It's a fact.

>Iron Boy
And that's all I need to know you're full of shit, and your opinion about anything is fucking worthless.

Considering WB is possibly looking to just reboot the entire DCEU, this is actually likely.

how about not doing a Flash movie and try with some lesser known character that can have liberties taken with?

Come on now user. I'm not even that guy and it's obvious they made MCU Peter WAY too dependent on Iron Man. FFH was great specifically because he actually had to go be Spider-Man without suckling at Mr Stark's tit for the first time since the last 30 minutes of Homecoming.

Jesus fuck I was just trying to not make this a company war thing by gratuitously shitting on the MCU to balance things out.
But fine, you do you, Barry was totally presented as a competent superhero fit to do solo work that involves more than shoving a robber in JL.

You just go right on ahead and pitch your Ambush Bug movie to a roomful of Warner Bros. executives while a globally recognizable brand like The Flash is just sitting there collecting dust.

That's
>Suicide Squad
>Shazzam
>Birds of Prey

It's not an either/or situation.

>John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein get signed on to co-direct, but quickly drop out

Ezra Miller basically ousted them.

imagine thinking like this while Marvel is doing an Eternals movie

I remember there being a rumor that they were putting the breaks on Justice League Dark until he was available. I wish that was true instead of this shit.

I have no interest in a Flash movie as long as Miller is still playing him. If they're soft rebooting and not haivng Cavill back because they want people to forget Justice League, Ezra needs to get the boot too. He was horrible.

This.

Thing is, WB is fucking retarded. They may have learned a bit after BvS and JL but they're still dumb as shit. Hell, they never 100% had any confidence in Superman and still don't, which is why they're pursuing a Supergirl movie and not trying to fix Superman.

Shazam was a pretty corny superhero flick. The other too were alright attempts but DC could really try pushing the boundaries if they did some other characters and stuff we haven't seen before. Like a Doctor Fate movie or martial arts with Katana or whatever.

Shazam being corny is just being true to the source material.

>Shazam was a pretty corny superhero flick.
The Big Red Cheese? No way!

Aside from that Marvel *doesn't* let big properties sleep. The only really popular franchises they haven't used are the ones that used to be owned by Fox.
No, Nova isn't really popular.

What are DC's big properties outside of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman? ALL of this shit was niche this time a decade ago.

"Niche" is a strong word. As a Yuropoor I watched both a Flash live action TV show and two (2) Iron Man cartoon shows as a kid.

I've got a feeling this one will stick. No idea why though

But will it be human?

>Posts years old pics
Dude is capable of bulking

Attached: 98c07ad1210eec99ed548f46312a46f7.jpg (1341x1900, 360K)

Everyone is, the guy isn't athletic, he's a skinnyfat guy who can train.

whats goin on with his neck? Is he a giraffe?

Attached: 1528427557390.jpg (631x598, 38K)

>I mean it's easy to sell dudebro Aquaman

Aquaman was only a dudebro under Joss Whedon.

He's a rookie who hasn't used his powers really to do much beyond just pushing people with super speed which basically knocks out normal people. He wasn't even a public hero yet. That isn't the same as being incompetent, dumbass.

IT #1 and 2 were pretty successful, unless he pisses someone off or someone pisses him off, it should

I'm annoyed they made a Philly Cheese joke but didn't say Big Red Cheese

Writing a challenge for a superfast character is hard. The more "crime and social consciousness" infused script with Flash+ Cyborg might have worked, since Flash's speed can't quite stop social issues that easily.

You know how to fight a character with super speed?
Boomerangs.

See, that's the issue--that would look REALLY goofy in live-action. Goofier than in comics.

Yes. That's The Flash. He's goofy.

The definition of "athletic" is literally just someone who's in shape which this guy clearly will be

>while Marvel is doing an Eternals movie
Yeah, as their 25th goddamn movie. They started with the biggest names they had access to at the time.

Persistence of vision!