James Gunn's THE SUICIDE SQUAD Plot Details

>Amanda Waller (Viola Davis) deploys the Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), Bronze Tiger (Idris Elba), Captain Boomerang (Jai Courtney), Ratcatcher (Daniela Melchior), Peacemaker (John Cena), Polka-Dot Man (David Dastamalchian), King Shark (Steve Agee) and Colonel Rick Flagg (Joel Kinnaman) - to Panama to rescue a female extraterrestrial that was captured and experimented on by the Nazis during World War II, and is now being used as a weapon by two South American dictators, "The Mayor" and "The General" (Benicio Del Toro).

youtube.com/watch?v=2hce7uORr-8

Attached: Suicide Squad 2.jpg (683x570, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gT1QEjnuvDA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"The General" is rumored to be Vandal Savage.

Attached: Vandal Savage.png (1080x628, 793K)

Plot doesn't sound too enticing, but I trust Gunn to make something fun out of it

I'll see it just for my boi Polka Dot Man

>boomer is back

GIVE HIM SCREENTIME THIS TIME YOU CUNTS

>Bronze Tiger
Nice.

This

who the fuck cares about the suicide squad doing some retarded spec ops shit and unless this female alien is supergirl why should anyone even give a shit

>Peacemaker (John Cena)
>John Cena
God fucking damnit the fucking dead meme is still in my head. I can't read his name without hearing it.

Wait, this is different from the other Margot Harley movie with Black Mask?

Well, it's the Squad doing what they're actually supposed to do instead of fighting a CGI monster man army. Points for that.

Steve Agee as King Shark will be great

The other one is supposed to be a Birds of Prey movie, but of course they slapped Harley in it because money

>Rick Flagg (Joel Kinnaman)

I legit shuddered when I read his name. I honestly don't know if I can think of a more hateable "GO AWAY HEAT" movie character.

Attached: Rick_Flag_Suicide_Squad_Poster.jpg (2000x2918, 1.14M)

Would be hilarious if Suicide Squad of all movies ends up spawning the only part of the DCEU that survives.

I hope he's like Croc in the first, and while the muscle, not expendable.

>who the fuck cares about the suicide squad doing some retarded spec ops shit
Anyone that actually reads the comics you absolute faggot? go back to Yea Forums

uh, Aquaman? Wonder Woman?

Gee, I wonder who will be the first to die to make the stakes seem real.

>trumpets start blaring

>Aquaman
>Wonder Woman
>Shazam

I haven't paid attention to any news on this for a while, but I'm glad they got Idris Elba to be a new character instead of forcing him to be deadshot.

It's a real shame Cena is playing Peacemaker instead of Bautista.

What did he mean by this?

Not having Will Sniff already makes this movie 10x better

Make him a proper cowardly asshole too.

I know they can't get away with making him racist, but I just want him to be a cunt.

Harley movie every year

>keeping Davis and Courtney
That's good
>keeping Robbie and Kinnaman
That's bad

him running off the moment the explosives are off was the only laugh i had with the movie. the others were at it

Aladdin made a billion dollars based on literally nothing but Will Smith

there's no way WB would get rid of him

yeah like Independence Day Resurgence and Men in Black International

fucking moron

>but of course they slapped Harley in it because money
>OMG Iron Man is in Spider-Man? Shut up and take my money, Marvel!
The ride never stops.

Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam are already confirmed for one sequel, but Suicide Squad gets this James Gunn reinterpretation, and the Birds of Prey movie which also has Harley Quinn. That itself may get a sequel if it does well. It would be funny if the franchises that spawned off of Suicide Squad end up being more long-lived than the other hero franchises.

wow you losers really do just scream "MARVEL" any time someone says something negative about DC, don't you?

>Aladdin made a billion dollars based on literally nothing but Will Smith

Attached: 979807.jpg (905x881, 266K)

haha Will Sniff wont read this

i think he means will carried that movie by virtue of everyone else being mediocre

THIS IS KATANA

Aquaman and Wonder Woman are the reason the DCEU is still a thing

It'll probably be one big CGI monster or Vandal instead.

You can't blame the other actors when they had nothing to work with.
ALL of the the lines were given to Willsmithshot and Margot Quinn.

THIS IS PEACEMAKER
HE'S GOT MUH BACK
Rumor is, his helmet stores the ghosts of those he's killed

Bautista is meant for Bane

idk, as someone who liked the Ostrander run I didn't like seeing Harley Quinn get crammed into Suicide Squad while Homecoming was still focused on Spider-Man and Peter Parker.

He wasn't wrong though. It's the exact same shit

my waifu isn't coming back

Attached: katana.png (960x1197, 1.57M)

The plot sounds fucking perfect for a Suicide Squad movie.

I wouldn't be surprised if the female alien actually is Supergirl

we talking about Aladdin or Suicide Squad? Because i agree about Suicide Squad.

Sounds like a hoot.

Attached: 1518979047449.jpg (524x944, 121K)

It's Miss Martian

Who's Taika Waititi playing?

You shut the fuck up, how can you so god damn wrong about what the Suicide Squad? Fuck sakes, I god damn love the original, and it is people like you that supported the Glass run, and kept it going this long. Fuck, you are making me made, you piece of shit

The first movie was such an immense letdown. It's probably foolish to get excited about the sequel, but here I am.

I hope every scene won’t be undercut by a joke.

nazi scientist or some other funny cameo

Fitting.

He ends up playing Darkseid, or rather a Darkseid hallucinated by Harley who is also her best friend offering sage advice and math help on occasions.

Attached: wi4bl8qmdxmtqe7esiju.jpg (800x449, 51K)

who is Peter Capaldi playin?

Can't wait to see the dumb helmet Big Match John will wear for one (1) quick scene and never again.

Nazi scientist

Shit, sounds like what Gunn would pull. That or Blackfire or Hawkgirl.

>Peter Capaldi
he said that his character was fitted for implants in his head, so it's probably The Thinker

Attached: 1561392340256.png (827x841, 1.05M)

I wonder who the female alien is supposed to be?

>"The General" is rumored to be Vandal Savage.
Holy fuck, this would actually be amazing. m

This is literally one of the main reasons why the first movie was fucking retarded, you idiot. Spec ops shit is what the SKWAD does, fuck

I hope it's her and not Kara.

Psimon

This guy is terrible in everything

He shouldn't have came back.

>to rescue a female extraterrestrial that was captured and experimented on by the Nazis during World War II
Supergirl? Starfire?

Those are too mainstream for Gunn. It's probably Miss Martian and some rumors have suggested it is.

He looks a lot like Vandal

>some rumors
literally one guy on 4 chan you fucking moron and it's probably your retarded ass

I actually saw it on lebbit

Okay, this made me chuckle a bit

Its that alien girl they rescued in the newer stuff, the one Katana got all protective over.

Hopefully based Gunn brutally murders him in the pre credits scene to let us know we're getting a good movie

I'm glad they're actually doing something suicide squad related in this one.

In the first how the fuck did the government turn down a disposable black ops team that could do sketchy shit for them.

Playing a Nazi apparently isn't working out to well for him. Critic's stopped being able to understand satire

It's gotta be Supergirl. We know WB has plans for her

>Playing a Nazi apparently isn't working out to well for him
if this is "not working out well" then Joker must be a fucking disaster

Attached: Jojo Rabbit (2019).png (740x313, 196K)

That's lower than the Joker with less reviews you fucking moron

Uggghhh

I would much rather WB fix Superman than proceed to fuck up Supergirl too.

it was in the 50s yesterday you fucking retard

It's still lower with less reviews. How do you not understand how this works ?

wonder who the mayor is

Yeah, despite the "SHE'S GOT MY BACK" memes, she was one of my favorite parts of the first movie and I would love to see her return.

Really? This sounds great! A team going out to do dirty wet works!

That's....entirely why the team was formed. Do dirty deeds like kill a foreign leader but use supervillains so that when they are caught, they just blame the villains and not the US.

Like, that's the ENTIRE POINT of Suicide Squad!

If this gets us got Jon in the DCEU I'm fucking 100% up for it.

Well I enjoyed it when Ostrander wrote it.

He's a complete charisma vacuum.

Yeah I wish she was in it but it seems unlikely.

That might be cool in an Expendables movie or something but how is it a Suicide Squad plot? Shouldn't they be saving the world?

THIS IS KATANA

Remember you're talking to causals who never read the comics and only saw the movie. So of course they think the squad are misunderstood good guys

This plot could've pieced together by reading the news, is DanielRPK this much of a hack?

She might not be coming back but she's actually GOT YOUR BACK

del Toro as Savage is S-tier casting

Hey, at least being abandoned by fucking everyone including the woman who was supposed to be on his same side without being literally blackmailed was convincing as fuck with him in the role.

why suicide squad? why not new gods, teen titans or JSA?

>because gotg
oh

Right, because scores never change and review counts don't go up as the release date arrives.

They're more likely to go down

Because they offered him the project while he was kicked out of the MCU and Gunn loves Ostrander Suicide Squad and base don that he said yes.

He even said himself that he only said yes to Guardians because he's been a big GotG fan since he saw them in the Korvac Saga and because he liked DnA's GotG run and didn't have anything fond to say about Bendis' run (probably also has to do with the fact that the Creative Committee fucked with his script for the first GotG and Gunn is upset about that).

So which Suicide Squad member dies early on in the movie? Betting on King Shark.

>Getting rid of a known money making name is a good thing you guys!
Bitch please, Smith as Deadshot was one of the only good casting that movie had going for it. Boomerang was good too- but I still don't get what people see in Robbie or Davies. One's a trollop who complains about wet shirt scenes while gleefully taking part in nude ones and the other can't act as anything other than 'grumpy black womyn'.

>Because they offered him the project while he was kicked out of the MCU
You mean when he was "kicked out" of the MCU that somehow brought him back in when people stopped caring.

The female alien was rumoured to be Rampage months ago. Was that debunked?

Scott Steiner is meant for Bane.

Suicide Squad was meant to be a taskforce to say, kill the president of China or some shit that would benefit the US so that when the team gets caught, they'll just say "Oh, it's just supervillains who did this" and not point at the US Government.

It's a simple point that the first movie completely botched so it doesn't even make sense.

Fukuhara as Katana was cute

CUTE

>no giganta

Dammit

Was thinking this. If it is, I will definitely go watch.

I thought he was great in Altered Carbon, would have made a good Orion imo

No more black Deadshot? Based.

I think for this type of movie it should work. Simple plot you don't need to give too much time to explain would service the giant cast who should have more complex stories and relationships.

Guardians of the Galaxy had simple plot too, buncha retards going after glowy thing.

>rat faced hillbilly Orion

That's a no

Should have had this guy and Smith swap roles.

They were casting for a "monstruos alien woman". Considering Vandal Savage is the main villain, Peter Capaldi's character was fitted for implants in his head (could be Psimon) and earlier versions of the script happened on Qurac, I have a feeling James Gunn just watched the Young Justice cartoon.

youtube.com/watch?v=gT1QEjnuvDA

The first movie was Waller using a black ops team to bail her out of danger after her own walking WMD went awol, and they saved the day because it meant also saving their own ass.

>We're gonna need to assemble a team of supervillains to deal with all of the supervillains I create while assembling this team of supervillains. Worst of the worst.

Attached: 8689.jpg (800x400, 46K)

Attached: 1400774655875.jpg (516x516, 75K)

truly is, gunn is so based

Polka Dot Man

They should have at least had an explanation for him coming back. But considering he didn't actually do much once he came back they could have just had the team find him after everything was over and drag him back. That would explain why everyone except him got better treatment afterward.

People do realize it was a dumb joke that he made right, dude co-wrote JSA.

Yes please!

bane should be strongman huge. get brian shaw, because no stupid tattoos, in acting lessons for the next couple of years while he loses some of the fat, keep him in the lucha mask all the time and dub over his voice if necessary.

> Bronze Tiger (Idris Elba), Captain Boomerang (Jai Courtney)
>Peacemaker (John Cena)
>"The General" is rumored to be Vandal Savage.
Already sounds better than the first movie.

>They should have at least had an explanation for him coming back.

Allegedly there's a deleted scene where he realizes he's alone in the middle of an abandoned city swarmed by demons with no backup or extraction and quickly realizes it's smarter to stick together with the others.

Attached: I've made a cunt mistake.jpg (1300x650, 82K)

>I can think of a more hateable "GO AWAY HEAT" movie character.

Professional wrestling was a mistake.

B-B-B-But Katana!

Attached: suicide squad 2016 this is katana rick flagg.webm (2048x854, 2.88M)

Meh, i thought he was alright