Was Rebecca trying to get us to ship them or not?

Was Rebecca trying to get us to ship them or not?

Attached: 742FE94D-163E-46AC-B3CB-FE9FAD17A6A5.jpg (1113x626, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uQzToi_ggUg
youtu.be/KmAyryKG6ig
youtube.com/watch?v=HcFT_dZ_rOU
youtube.com/watch?v=0FwodsZ1fTo
youtube.com/watch?v=20yAv6FZXW0
youtube.com/watch?v=MvjtCqNA5E0
youtube.com/watch?v=H9cVAdF0rNA
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nah, they are not even friends

They are more than friends

Attached: 1567664366799.png (1920x1080, 1.87M)

No, you just do that because you confuse empathy and kindness with romantic intentions

Pretty sure that woman wants everyone to fuck everyone, so sure.

Saved

Attached: EEECCYhWsAAS1MU.jpg (689x1199, 175K)

Attached: 22555AA0-8B33-4BA6-B8F7-85680F306A63.jpg (616x453, 40K)

ThEy'Re In LoVe

Attached: 1565505271430m.jpg (898x1024, 37K)

fpbp

Kinda. She left it so that you’d notice where Steven and Spinel were looking respectively on rewatch. Shipping or no, all she wanted was to cause pain.

Based

Attached: 8702f180e9ebea6444a040d4c3b61e8b.jpg (500x718, 127K)

Attached: 3CFCCC71-31A4-4C64-99F3-0C252E88483C.jpg (1064x770, 137K)

Attached: FD558D56-9311-497E-9069-ACEF4F133A59.jpg (1054x1438, 284K)

No, rebound relationships are toxic as fuck

And we do that because we're the same kind of fucked up as Spinel.

Imagine Spinel wrapping her arms around your cock

Look at the eyes during this song. Sucrose knows what she's doing.

Attached: 3329637E-6BF5-4254-8F60-651A5E4456A0.jpg (776x598, 164K)

No. Spinel was the crazy chick with BPD that needs to always be around the target of their affection and will sperg the fuck out at any hint of abandonment. There's a reason Steven didn't hug her.

I saw your fuckup. It's too late to fix it.

>Was Rebecca trying to get us to ship them or not?
This Steven barely liked being around when she wasn't trying to kill him, he didn't seem to heartbroken to be rid of her at the end. It was actually interesting to see Steven visibly annoyed at someone.

No. Steven could barely tolerate being around her the whole time.

He was so focused on trying to reclaim his status quo that he essentially ignored her. Part of why she regressed is because Steven wasn't even thinking about her up until then.

Yeah, this really bothered me how he went out of his way to stop any real interacting with her. It's like he was trying to make her evil again from the start.

Steven with any gem would stop the mortality problem of a human relationship.

He might have just have been on pressure from the threat of the world ending.

I keep hearing people talk about how cold Steven was to her. Did I miss a scene?

It was pretty obvious Steven was focused on saving the world and then misspoke when she asked if that was all he needed her for.

The entire thing can be explained by the song they sing together in the garden. Steven indicates the wider universe, talking about all of the people she could meet and maybe love again. Spinel misunderstood and thought he was saying that he would be her replacement for Pink Diamond.

I genuinely don't get why people are saying he was cold towards her.

>Did I miss a scene?
Literally every scene with them together. He activly goes out of his waynot to react to her and always seeks distance.

Lots of physical behaviors and the way each scene was laid out. Each time there's a possible connection, Steven will turn away. Or he'll let go of her hand, or leave her to run to someone else, etc. Plus he even states during the finale that he was too focused on his happily ever after and had forgotten himself. It's only in that final fight that he actually shows genuine concern, instead of treating her like a solution.

That diddnt stop him from metaphysically hugging the cluster

I would totally stick my dick in crazy

I really liked the fact that Steven wasnt the empathy god he usually is in the show, and that Spinel felt betrayed because of that

Her reaction to the fact that Steven was just "using her" really resonated with me

No clue if it was intentional, but it's definitely what they achieved.

I wanted at best more of a brother and sister relationship.

And no Yea Forums I don't mean in the incestuous way.
This is not the Loud House.

Why is he not fat anymore?

If you had watched the show you'd see him lifting constantly

Based and truthful

Before Season 1 he lived in a van with his dad so i imagine was diet was filled processed garbage you can buy in a gas station. He still ate like shit throughout season 1 with mostly microwaved meals like together breakfast. Later on we see that he gets the hang of making better meals and gets physical activity from his daily workouts with garnet, training with pearl and gem missions. I don't know if 16 year old Steven still wants to get beefy but I really hope we get to see that in s6 or hopefully 7.

Attached: 17072015074337.jpg (1402x886, 183K)

And like her we may heal, but only by our own decision. You faggit

First Post, Based Post

his big song at the end is just about himself and how he needs to stop whining about his peace being interrupted, barely has anything to do with spinel

I shouldn't have to be the one to remind you people of this all the time. Sugar doesn't play shipping games with protags. That's why she created Flame Princess and Connie. OTP and done.

Attached: E07ADCBA-B950-4F6A-AF97-018EC0BB3C66.jpg (640x768, 91K)

He’s been busy

Attached: 6E6969BB-0AAA-496F-BC36-F9CE17396DE3.png (2480x3507, 1.38M)

Attached: EEHG-G4U8AEamBv.jpg (4075x1505, 970K)

Sauce?

SAUCE NOW.

how can you post if you're blind

Bottom right corner guys

Attached: 549B8025-C217-4DB4-9A98-D37CC3A76A60.jpg (1010x919, 111K)

DELET

youtube.com/watch?v=uQzToi_ggUg

Attached: pearl face.jpg (577x326, 24K)

>It's only in that final fight that he actually shows genuine concern, instead of treating her like a solution.
And even then, the moment he found an opportunity to pawn her off (The Diamonds) he took it without hesitation. It's fucked up how little he cared for her period, which is probably why there's tons of sappy fanart to make up for it.

He asked if she wanted to. It was her choice.

Trust me, I'd be happy to have drawn him fat but I'm aware he's more broad than anything.

If Rose Quartz was really Pink Diamond than all the fusions aren't quartz and such

It's really clearly spelled out in the movie that Steven really does not like her. Even when she's in happy fun normal Spinel mode he hardly even acknowledges she exists unless she makes him do so

Just watch No Matter What and observe the powerful third wheel aura surrounding Spinel
youtu.be/KmAyryKG6ig

This. Steven doesn’t give a fuck anymore, he was going to reset her because it would have been easier.

Nice

Yeah, Steven doesn not like her but I think Spinel just fell for him for a very brief moment, then she realized she needed to skip town in order to keep some sanity.

>t. Spinel

I'm 100% certain Rebecca expects us to ship everyone with everyone no matter what she does.

Like I needed much justification to ship.

When you're abandoned and a friend helps you learn to love again, but you rebound onto them and they were just trying to help you out, they're already with someone. So you freak out again.

It's best to just start over with someone new.

Pic related are Sugar's own thoughts regarding Spinel's character.
>spinel is toxic lul
What the fuck, did she even watch her own movie?

Attached: 540.png (540x413, 220K)

Uh...maybe ive never brushed up on toxicity but...I don't think she's as bad???

Not as Diamond bad?

What, she's right. She is literally trying to kill strangers out of spite and then kill people trying to befriend you even harder out of spite. You might be able to forgive her for her background, but she is (or at least was) poison to everyone around her.

Stupid generalization

Just because you feel bad for Spinel doesn't mean she wasn't ready to murder a planet out of sheer spite.

Toxic isn't the word I'd use to describe Spinel, especially how it's regarded these days.

I'd argue she does have a strong case of "FOMO" (Fear of Missing Out) alongside her abandonment issues, though. She's not exactly selfless and wants to insert herself into everything because she wants to be liked and paid attention to that badly. It's definitely not healthy, and I think she even showed signs of it before she was "punished Spinel."

t. someone who used to be like that

Ok I think I've been thinking "how is spite worse than the Diamonds bullcrap" but I still think Ms.Sugar is wrong.

Again, I may have a warped/incomplete view of what toxicity means.

Just let Steven hug/fuck her, Sugar.

What a wonderful new world we live in where people seek out new terms for old concepts while having no idea what their made up bullshit even means.

How in the ever loving fuck does Spinel have FOMO if she's perfectly willing to stand still for 6 thousand years in order to please her friend?

I think its more he was just fed up with shit at that time. He just got off 2+ years of empire reformation, part of his family just got wiped by this person, he was severely drained due to the scythe, and Spinel was being erratic due to severe trauma

Give him some rest and Spinel some time to chill out and they probably would have been cool. I mean Lapis was similarly nuts, nearly fucked up the planet, AND tried to drown him and his girlfriend yet they worked shit out.

It’s because of that standing, she has the issues now.

No Sugar super lets the diamonds off the hook, though the show does at least heavily imply Steven is well aware they are works in progress.

The difference is that the Diamonds expand and terrorize because that's how gems reproduce. In stopping expansion they've literally agreed to stop making more gems. There's no real logic to this, it was an entierly emotional decision Steven is getting the most he possibly can out of. I have to wonder how having Spinel as a substitute Pink is going to fuck with Steven's ability to keep the Gempire disarmed and in whatever weird state he's reduced it to over the years.

Anyway, Spinel is only really comparable to Garnet. Garnet liked hurting people, liked doing her awful job, and hated the Crystal Gems and the earth for destroying her Diamond and forcing her to second class citizen status. Spinel hates Steven entirely out of personal spite and is willing to wipe out a planet to ensure he dies. Every other SU antagonist has mostly been doing their job or ignorant.

>Garnet

Half her villain song is screeching about what she missed out on and how Pearl got to come to earth.

Yes, and she's correct. Spinel is the closest thing to a genuinely 'just plain crazy', pure 'issues' character so far in the franchise. She IS abandonment issues, low self esteem, and extremely unhealthy coping/self-identification.

The Yea Forums fanon that's emerging is very different from how she's actually presented, chiefly in being free from the wild mood swings with sudden total regression back to her baseline state of uncontrolled sadistic rage. We'll never know for sure, but it's entirely LIKELY that she would have been back to literally trying to kill him within another few minutes, if Steven hadn't gotten rid of her at that first good opportunity, and that any attempt to actually help her would involve countless more such sudden regressions.

oops.

jasper, i mean. lol fuck me.

I think you mean Jasper.

Plus I feel Spinel should get some leeway do to mental problems. Steven more or less calmed her when she reformed a second time.

A fusion is between the physical forms, not the gems themselves. Pearl even explains this.

jasper and spinel would work- both discarded by pd. they could have made a pretty good cut-away founder of a screw the diamonds colony. thousands of years of pride and purpose thrown away to figure out what to do with eternity because a 16yr old boy who perceives time in human terms and gets to occupy most of it eating, sleeping and doing human stuff. those old colonies are gonna go down the tube. steven put her on the spot by shoving her in front of the diamonds like that- she got woke and could have roamed a bit but now shes stuck being a play thing again and has to pretend to love a brat that abandoned her. running away isn't even an option but if she could have been left behind that rock- steve just killed two stones with one bird. that turd.

yeah, thats a self insert, thats sucrose and the other one is rebecca

yes, she was toxic. but steven helped her. that was the point of the movie.

Hmm. What's her stance on Kevin?

He must die.

>heterosexual gem
what’s the point?

>brown women good!
>brown men bad!

Not every 13 year old boy is gonna like a 16 year old guy coming onto him and his friend. Pretty sure that’s a crime.

I bet Kevin is based off some chad who stood sucrose up in high school.

Every shitty character in SU is a Sucrose self-insert

I seriously hope, that after all this, Steven sat Pearl down and had her spill the beans about everyone PD/Rose may have abandoned like she did to Spinel for thread assessment purposes. I can't imagine he wouldn't considering Spinel got some huge fuck off tech to kill a planet in the span of a few days at most (but seemingly an hour or so).

Attached: 1444543842590.jpg (400x281, 66K)

In Kevin's defense, Sugar has said Stevonnie is supposed to be the combined ages of Steven and Connie, so from Kevin's perspective he was cougar hunting

>cougar hunting
>28ish

user...

>tap-dancing with sandals
Nani the fuck

If you can't tell, then no. Obviously.

Sorry but she's already taken....

Attached: IMG_20190911_185529.jpg (1439x1306, 128K)

It’s one of his powers

Just because you want to hurt people doesnt make hurting people okay. A reason is not an excuse. Spinel is toxic.

These guys answered it for me.

> Spinel actually has the goal of hurting people, which is new territory for the show
> new territory
Wasn't that exactly what Lapis was doing when she trapped Malachite? Yeah there was the underlying motivation to protect Steven but didn't Rebecca and Lapis herself basically admit that the only reason Malachite was formed for so long was because Lapis was taking everything out on Jasper, i.e. having the goal of hurting someone? This reeks of forgetfulness since Lapis was also toxic to Peridot in the barn and the negative aspects of her character has been dropped since Reunion, as well as hypocrisy since she hasn't been held accountable like Spinel has and has been the character the most coddled by Steven.
Also, fuck how on the nose she was with the "she's toxic so she's gonna try to poison everyone" shit. Bet she thought she was so clever for thinking of that.

she said that on an AMA actually

Lapis wanted to hurt an bloodthirsty warrior, someone she thought deserved it. Spinel went after people she knew was innocent and didn’t care.

spinel was the representation of us the viewers, just being part of the moment but not actually there

And yet Jasper is now MIA likely due to needing severe mental healing after everything she went through while Lapis is a CG that got all the support she needed and more, and Spinel is away with Diamonds, who we know too little about to determine if they'll be able to help her through her issues, while Beach City and everyone affected by her attack is perfectly fine. I supposed this when the argument of intent vs results is to come in but I'd say the one who was deliberately and successfully toxic to one person deserves to be worse off than the than the one who lashed out at anyone within range and had little lasting impact because she spread it too thin.

Lapis is mad at Jasper

Spinel just wants to hurt random strangers

I like how Spinel is drawn here but I'd prefer this without the NTR. I hate that shit.

No one who works on the show has ever said that, stop perpetuating this nonsense. Kevin is not even a villain, he's just a self-absorbed teenage twat. The show never portrays him as being truly evil, and if he was it's certainly not because he's a dude.

Spinel has sympathetic qualities and evidently has good in her heart, but that doesn't what she does acceptable. I'd be hard-pressed to say she's inherently toxic, but her actions certainly are. She's acting out of pain and sadness. She needs help, which she's fortunately accepted at the end of the movie.

It felt mostly contrived to me. Steven is so naturally empathetic and nice that he fucking tried to reason with the genocidal space dictators when they came to personally kill him and his entire family. But Spinel, who is infinitely more sympathetic and pretty much already stopped her evil space injector is so annoying and unforgivable that he just straight up is like
>Hurr yeah I was totally just using you you fuckin tard! Oops did I let that one slip oh fuck the weapon that wipes your memories conveniently fell out of my pocket oopsie doopsie!
The whole thing was retarded. At the very least he could have offered her to stay on Earth or said something about starting at 0 and maybe being friends later. The whole finale is just bizarrely set up to force a final fight.

>Pink Rose apologist
Based Sucrose

They are strangers but they are not random. They are the people Pink Rose exchanged her for.

Spinel isn't toxic, she's been driven insane by six thousand years of isolation capped off with what was to her, must've been the ultimate betrayal. The attempt to poison the planet was unwarranted but I doubt any other character would've coped better, considering that the crystal gems were on their last legs after only a decade without Rose Quartz. Confound it all, she didn't deserve any of what happened.

If you haven't noticed Sugar has a really warped sense of morality and how she views who deserves help and healing and who doesnt. Lapis is a sick fuck who enjoyed abusing and mentally torturing two different people but because sugar liked her she got treated as the victim and Jasper was turned into a crazy degenerate monster rapist then shipped off the show because Sugar considers her the aggressor and unworthy of redemption. The diamonds committ untold amounts of genocide and destruction across the entire galaxy, including against their own kind, but get redeemed because
>WE'RE FAMILY ;_;
I'm not really surprised she has a warped view on Spinel. The fans seem to understand that she is mostly a victim who needs love and support to heal. Sugar sees her as a toxic leech who needs to be put in a box and shipped off. I am one hundred percent certain that, if it wasn't pretty much guaranteed Steven had to redeem everyone now that she's done the diamond shit, Spinel would have been shattered at the end of the film.

Maybe Jasper isn't a pussy bitch that constantly needs supervision to keep her from whining like Lapis.

The man with no taste

>I bet Kevin is based off some chad who stood sucrose up in high school.
Thought about standing up if she had the opportunity, but only thought of it 6 months after graduation.

why do people complain about steven being shipped with gems because they're way too old, but then likely also complain about "12 year old that's actually 1000" being too young?

Attached: IMG_20190912_020826.png (463x631, 71K)

Attached: 4XRoCqZ.gif (400x224, 2.32M)

Because they like to show how morally correct they are.
So anything you hear to the contrary is wrong, otherwise they wouldn't have screamed at a business to fire a man because he was walking too close to a female employee.

I love her, bros.

Attached: IMG_20190912_015956.jpg (991x1306, 92K)

Attached: ada25b67b28c7b8d6a0f8fbda38ed51175004771.jpg (640x592, 105K)

Attached: 1567980718473.png (841x722, 334K)

Dude Spinel is liquid venom to the point that she's destroying herself. She literally tries to kill a planet by lashing out at people she doesn't know and doesn't even hate. She herself says she doesn't know why she wants to hurt Steven and just REALIZING that makes her give up the entire thing. She is so poisoned by her own suffering that she spends basically the entire movie blind and attacking everything that comes near her. It is difficult to get more toxic than that.

Back in my day before people were obsessed with finding jews everywhere we just called it the Roman nose.

>Back in my day
That sure is a strange way to refer to yesterday user.

Apparently not.

>The son of Greg "Murdercock Cuntmaster" Universe will grow up to be fucking JACKED
My cock has never been so erect

Attached: pic of me felt cute might fuse into a cuckgirl later.jpg (1024x687, 140K)

>Steven "No talking it out with my cock out" Universe

Bullshit!
Toxic is a day to day personality trait. Spinel was simply absolutley livid about the circumstance she was in.

I really like that it took her about 30 minutes between the broadcast and showing up to Earth. In the time it took Steven to tell the Diamonds to fuck off, teleport back to Earth, and sing with his friends, Spinel figured out what happened to her, swore revenge, stole her scythe and the injector, learned the location of Earth and flew the whole way there.
Toxic? Maybe, but you've got to respect that dedication.

Attached: D__OJBoXoAAH6Tj.jpg large.jpg (640x666, 50K)

Attached: tumblr_pxpzmv9bWa1sd1xkuo4_640.png (620x620, 79K)

Lovely

No way. Proof?

Lovely

It's like she doesn't even wash her own show, Jasper and the Diamonds we're also actively trying to hurt people and Destroy the planet, Spinel felt less toxic because it was someone having a revenge-seeking mental breakdown

based steven loves bimbo

Attached: 3282436 - Nirstormlord Spinel Steven_Universe.png (2000x3000, 750K)

The diamonds wanted all of earth dead way before.
Yellow even specifies she wants both the cluster AND the death of earth.
This is not new territory in any way.

She hates the planet, not the people, genocide is just a side effect

So, what would've been a better way to redeem the Diamonds? I don't think it's impossible to redeem them in a way that doesn't feel cheap or gloss over their crimes, but it's probably extremely difficult.

Attached: 1491454311854.gif (600x600, 899K)

Spinel hates Pink, the planet is a side effect.

I don't have a problem with it. He made it obvious that it was their behavior and treatment of Pink that lead to her fleeing to Earth, as well as her "death."

I feel it works that they haven’t been redeemed. They don’t love Earth and equality but treat it more as a phase their kid is going through, which it kinda is depending how long Steven lives.

That's fucking retarded.
The people are the reason rose turned from homeworld.
They also took it out on every rose quartz in the universe.
It's the same thing.

Haven't watched the show, only this movie. I sure as shit don't ship her with Steven. I wanna fuck her sure, but Steven can suck a fat cock.
Spinel was the only good thing about that movie as a whole. All songs sucked except for hers, everyone was annoying, except for her. Fuck Steven and his uggo dad.

Attached: ddfhm1v-d05fdf3e-8cd5-4e0d-a29d-306cf02dd37b.png (469x473, 65K)

>All songs sucked except for hers
Ahem
youtube.com/watch?v=HcFT_dZ_rOU

>Steven's voice
It's shit. Get that spoiled brat outta here. Probably the most annoyed I've been at a main character

Attached: spinel_2_by_la_chabela_ddfv5nu-fullview.png (1024x733, 812K)

They've definitely been redeemed/forgiven in the context of the show.

Boo, user has trash opinion

Is that her c-c-c... cu...

MUMMY MUMMY I CAN SEE HER CUNNY! MOOODS!

Just once I would love for Steven to actually lose his patience with an enemy and absolutely deck their shit.

This. You can feel sorry for Spinel, but you can't deny that she was a complete asshole. She came to Earth for the expressed purpose of fucking shit up, Steven's shit in particular. Everything she did was in blind fury, only stopping when she eventually ran out of rage.

Thought that looked familiar

Snitch!

based

Ahem
youtube.com/watch?v=0FwodsZ1fTo

youtube.com/watch?v=20yAv6FZXW0

cute and funny

Completel failure to empathize / understand hurt?
>doesn't want to help themselves
Maybe just doesnt know how and requires help from others?
>wants to embody the negative feelings
Maybe she just doesnt know how to escape the bad feelings or maybe there simply arent any positive feelings?

OR MAYBE SHE JUST NEEDS A FUCKING HUG

Attached: 1567556213419.jpg (1956x2137, 1.68M)

>What, she's right. She is literally trying to kill strangers out of spite and then kill people trying to befriend you even harder out of spite. You might be able to forgive her for her background, but she is (or at least was) poison to everyone around her.

Now you see why this ship is not going to set sail well!

Attached: 1554741051339.jpg (500x500, 34K)

All of this is true.

She's not though.
>In my interactions with friends who have had a history difficult enough to make it hard for them to trust other people and actively want to hurt others.
>She really wants to hurt Steven, and there's a reason that she does-because she's in so much pain
Sugar gets that Pink hurt Spinel deeply, and betrayed her. She also gets that that doesn't make it okay to actively set out to transfer that hurt onto others who aren't at fault, who are only adjacent to the person who hurt you, or who stood where you stood, at the person's side and you're jealous.

>Mahmapuu
The fucking Mad Woman.

woman?

He's like the anti-josuke higashikata

Why would White ask "Who?"
Doesn't every gem of the same type have the same name
Surely she would know what a Spinel is

Full pic?

I can't stop listening to Other Friends. Send help.

youtube.com/watch?v=MvjtCqNA5E0

The movie's OST is crack, I just can't have enough of it. help

Ah come off yourself user. Of all the voices to shit on Steven's is low priority. At the VERY worst they overused his falsetto, but he's still talented.

Now Sadie...

I'm sorry user, can't help you, i'm in the same boat.

Same
The music from the rest of the show hasn't been stuck in my head quite bad before

Attached: nostalgiacriticorange.jpg (277x271, 9K)

>STRAIGHT ship
what show made by who do you think you're watching

>TFW Other Friendsand 'Okami Lineage' from Sekiro have been stuck in my head for a while

youtube.com/watch?v=H9cVAdF0rNA

It won't leave my brain mang...

>Jasper and the Diamonds
Strong alpha characters who take what they want and don't understand the word no. Big and powerful: not toxic, redeemable.
>Spinel
Broken, needy, and desperate for understanding and acceptance: toxic.
This is the dynamic of an SJW's logic, told through the metaphor of an all-female alien species, because they'll never admit that the people they harass for being toxic are the beta men who make them feel creeped out for the heinous crime of not being alpha Chads.

Why the fuck do people like this movie?

>I've come to kill you and your friends
>Fuck you Spinel
>Oh no you slashed me and now I'm retarded
>Still fuck you
>Steven we need her to stop the thingy
>Fine, I'll tolerate her
>Here's my sob story
>Get over it
>ok
>Cool, moving on...
>What? Wait, I'm not over it after all, I'm going to kill you again
>What the fuck Spinel
>Wait, I still hate myself but I just remembered you tolerated me for 20 minutes when I lost my memory, so I give up. Also it turns out that 6000 years isn't really a big deal.
>Cool, bye
>The End

Attached: 1d0.gif (600x338, 103K)

Cool CopyPaste there, friendo.

Actually I'd argue that SU (or at least Steven's perspective) sees Jasper as a monster long before she turns into one.

I'd say the show's biggest weakness is in its handling of Lapis.

Cool, you read my 1 other post. It's still accurate.

: )

You can tell he was thinking about it.

Gems can't have periods you retard, they're magical aliens

And how

Attached: 7FFD1364-BEED-4599-8DB6-E983FBC74AFD.jpg (293x565, 54K)

Wtf I hate Rebecca now

Well, there goes my dick and my sides.

Attached: 1566267897005.jpg (1174x898, 334K)

Getting a bit of a hypno feel which is just great

well it hasn't been this level of quality since YD got a song

I mean if she had multiple encounters with Steven with her bullshit like Jasper then yeah I would agree with that she is toxic, but she only knew Steven for a day and all she came off as someone who was justifiably pissed off and nothing more.

Someone should make a comic of this

What are the chances that Sugar saying this might mean Spinel won't make any appearances in S6 outside of I guess a small cameo because she didn't like how "toxic" the character was?

So did Jasper, and the diamonds, and Peridot.

No, she hates the planet because of the people. If she deserves 'forgiveness' then so does Spinel.

>The diamonds committ untold amounts of genocide and destruction across the entire galaxy, including against their own kind, but get redeemed because
This is what gets me. Spinel ATTEMPTED to kill a planet. The Diamonds actually succeeded in doing so.

intelligent life is rare enough that they have only ever met human intelligent life, apparently

In interviews Sugar said the intention was to make us hate Spinel for being "toxic" because she felt rightfully angry about Pink Diamond abandoning her.

It seems that Spinel is an allegory for Sugar's childhood friends that she left behind to join the CN animator clique and the movie's story was some kind of justification or rationalization for her neglectfulness.

Someone had to create the gems. There's no way they came about naturally.

Also if that was the case why did they have guardian/warrior castes at all? Why do they have weapons? God that's retarded.

They sang a duet together about him singing to her that she will find love again.

one where it was super obvious he meant 'someone who was not him'

To fight Space Godzillas.

This is a musical, it’s the music that matters, not the actions.

But that's stupid, if there's space godzillas and shit then there must have been intelligent life out there.

>not the actions

musicals are not the same thing as radio musicals or operas

what the fuck are you on about

that's debatable IRL, even an intelligent species doesn't necessarily mean that civilizational species aren't rare

Squid are as intelligent as they come, but they don't make civilizations

I’m pretty sure birds are smarter and so are chimpanzees. They kinda got societies.

Attached: 1568278475200.png (108x93, 6K)

nah, squid and other cephalopods are up there, both them and chimpanzees are the other species we know who go to war, their environment and evolutionary pressures simply dictate them being intelligent but non-civilizational

Imagine being as smart as a human on a world without any oil or oil equivalent, or any easily accessible steel, or where your intelligence is only enough to carve a home into the wild predatory hive-tree-habitats that coat the surface of your planet

She's "toxic" in the sense that her mindset was poison to herself, which is no fault of her own. After being left to wonder
Some people can't be helped unless they help themselves.

Also she literally used poison as a weapon in the injector.

I mean that might have worked if anyone was still sympathetic to Pink by now

Guy, imaging what Spinel could do with her tongue. Her fingers. Her EVERYTHING. No sexual act you engage in after a rough ride with that angry pile of spaghetti would be enough.

Attached: Spinel 13.png (797x545, 161K)

C-C-C-CUNNY!

Squids aren’t that smart, Octopuses are but they can’t form a civilization with the whole cannibalism and death after sex thing they have going on. Civilization only emerge when the species is social, orangutans are basically as smart as people but they don’t form groups normally since they’re solitary creatures. Corvids are hella smart and can pass down information generation to generation but they’re stuck in a stump since they lack the necessary manipulation to truly thrive.

I mean when you make the villain more likeable and relatable than the heroes it’s sorta hard to hate them.

Don't forget eagles, who have figured out how to use fire to hunt.

Also there was supposedly a dinosaur who could use tools.

Spinel obviously reminds Sugar (and her crew) of someone(s) who was incredibly toxic in their personal lives.
What she didn't realize is that those of us watching wouldn't make the same connection to this fictional character, and end up having that automatic negative reaction they probably anticipated. Instead, we'd find her pitiable and worthy of love.
She made this character far too personal in nature, without nearly enough bad traits (at least ones that parallel real life shitty personalities - poisoning the entire world is a bit too literal) to outweigh the lovable ones for many outsiders.

She literally takes out all her anger on strangers and lashes out violently

>Garnet teasing and offering to fuse with Peridot
>Amethyst on Peridot awkwardly blush
>Peridot still has not fused
Why they do this

It's a reaction to what was done to her by Steven's mother. When push came to shove, she dropped everything and just broke down saying "I just want to be your friend". A truly toxic, horrible person wouldn't admit such a thing.
In fact, Pearl knew about all this, but like PD, did nothing to help Spinel. We can't say it's out of nowhere.

Pearl doesn't shapeshift. Peridot doesn't fuse.

Toxic people usually do care about others, they just have trouble expressing it or their bad habits end up pushing others away and starting a cycle of abandonment.

I would think that would be Lapis

FINALLY a good Spinel image.

You're really pushing this idea, aren't you?
No matter what is said, she must be toxic.

they cut the best part though

Attached: CTOON-SU-1R-Movie_1567979952_00_27_42_01.jpg (1912x1072, 348K)

So how do her team and she somehow "accidentally" make good characters that they subsequently misinterpret? I know "death of the author" and all, but still

No he wasn't.

>We'll never know for sure, but it's entirely LIKELY that she would have been back to literally trying to kill him within another few minutes, if Steven hadn't gotten rid of her at that first good opportunity, and that any attempt to actually help her would involve countless more such sudden regressions
We will know when she's brought back. We'll see her again, and Steven will be her friend.

t. SJW

>barely has anything to do with spinel
To the contrary of what the other user said, it means he accepted Spinel and all the bad things she brought, and reminded himself that he'll need to work with this sort of thing like he's always had before

Why would Steven want to stop and have fun with reset Spinel when most of his family was also reset, not knowing if they could bring them back to normal, and the planet was about to get destroyed and everyone killed? She was everything bad currently going on and she was joking through the whole thing. He brought her some fries, that's more than enough in that situation.

Steven was tired, scared and alone. I'm sure he still wants to befriend her, but he also knows she needs more friends besides him. He'll hug her next time they hang around now that they're cool together!
Or she still has problems and her relationship with the Blue, Yellow and White is terrible and Steven needs to help her again.