Why are American cartoons for adults all so ugly, vulgar, and trashy...

Why are American cartoons for adults all so ugly, vulgar, and trashy? I won't even claim this is a Western problem; it seems entirely American. What's the deal? Is there any way out of this hellscape for the medium, or will it be shit like this forever?

Attached: file.png (1080x608, 619K)

ITT: I watched 2 shows and so I think everything is like this

Name 3 contemporary American cartoons for adults that aren't like this. At best I can think of Ugly Americans, and that still leaned this way.

most American media for adults is vulgar. Trashy and ugly are a matter of opinion.

>ugly, vulgar, and trashy?

subjective

Probably because everyone wants to be South Park without understanding what South Park did to make it not only stand out but make it something that didn't feel like you we're watching 22 minutes of fart jokes.

>Muh relativism
Look at something like Family Guy or this new Harley show, or Rick and Morty and tell me that you honestly think these look good at all and aren't trashy.

>ugly
can be taken as non-artful. Even ugly aesthetics can be done artfully, if given meaning. But with most 'adult animated shows', they just use a bland, easy style
>vulgar
literally objective
>trashy
When a comedy is exclusively low-brow, it is trashy. Trashy is mostly a slang term anyways, but don't act like you don't know what it means, or that Rick and Morty is actually some sort of intellectual show

Why are American cartons so Sneed?

family guy and r and m are easy on the eyes

dunno about that harley show

Trashy to me is mr pickles, problem solvers, the butshack and drawn together

At some point comedy lost wit, didn't it?

I think they understand but are afraid to tread the controversial ground like South Park did on account of which opinions are being demonized and how they can lead to blacklisting.

Or Bordertown and Brickleberry.

Only 1 percent of tv shows are watchable and king of the hill might be the only cartoon geared towards adults that is kino.

they aren't

It did. But I suppose I'm also asking why all American Adult shows have to be comedy. Why is it that they don't think that other kinds of narratives and genres won't work?

ask the jews running hollywood instead of us. Plenty of books and comics would work better as animated movies or series. I rather they make a watercolor looking show on lord of the rings instead of whatever amazon has in store for us.

Personally I blame the success of Ren and Stimpy

I'd give Mr. Pickles and Drawn Together a bit of a break, because they're intentionally doing this as a parody.

>Not Duckman

Harley, the more you "shill" about hating this show, the more people will watch it, so STHAP IT!
and for the love of god STOP USING THE WATCHTOWER'S COMPUTERS to shitpost in this timeline, it pisses off the bald fuck even more

Holy shit what a fag you are

I don't really think this is an issue so much for the creators, however publishers are fucking idiots that think their target audiences are just as stupid and can't wrap their brains around anything approaching subtlety. Their focus testing confirms it just enough for them to always play it safe.

So basically nobody wants to risk a considerable amount of money on something "artsy" or whatever other risk-adverse horseshit they come up with. The "cartoons are for kids" stigma never truly went away, either, and anytime someone tries to buck that stigma they go HARD on edgy, "sexy" garbage.

>The "cartoons are for kids" stigma never truly went away, either, and anytime someone tries to buck that stigma they go HARD on edgy, "sexy" garbage.
There's gotta be a middle ground

is that a bikini she's wearing?

Black Dynamite, Venture Bro, and Futurama

All of those are ugly, vulgar and trashy

You ever watched anime for adults? Vulgar and trashy is their bread and butter.

They dabbled in adult action cartoons and more adult storytelling in the 90s, but nothing really took off. Adult animated comedy did take off, so networks are much more willing to invest in that, and if they want an action cartoon or some other genre, they'll just import something from Japan.

what the fuck are you talking about those are all ugly, vulgar, and trashy

>Why are European cartoons for adults nonexistent?
AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HAAAAAA HA HA HA HA

Venture Bros isn't ugly. It's a very nice looking show.

Target and test audiences often prove them right unfortunately. You have no idea how many times a movie got shit feedback from a pack of idiots that barely pay attention or worse.

BoJack Horseman
King of the Hill
Primal

>Black Dynamite
>Ugly

Holy fuck get better taste.

Attached: file.png (1280x678, 1.13M)

Bojack and Koth are pretty ugly.

Bojack's a bit ugly. KOTH looks great, however.

Koth isn't ugly, it's just very... plain. I think it fits the setting. If it was very animated and chaotic with lots of extreme camera angles it wouldn't really work for the kind of stories they're telling.

But there are still huge amounts of non-comedy seinen.
American stuff just isn't comparable at all.