So now that Joker has been panned, what’s next for DC?

So now that Joker has been panned, what’s next for DC?

Attached: DF811CC6-385A-4AAB-9C66-6BEDF79C2A82.jpg (1175x756, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Lion
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>That fucking Entertainment Weekly review
I'm laughing so hard

Can you really call a 44 year old a “young man”?

Come on now user you know damn well the only thing rt is used for is doing the opposite what the critics say. This movie must be damn good.

Worst example of cherrypicking I ever saw

Attached: ekr.png (714x299, 159K)

>36% on Rotten Tomatoes with only top critics

Lmao, what a piece of shit.

Also metacritic

Attached: joker-metacritic.png (557x375, 9K)

Now look at the top critics score, like the ones in the OP. Dumbass

Burn in flames thanks to the cancer that is Birds of Prey

Bankruptcy hopefully

Rotten Tomatoes threads need to be a bannable offense.

They panned it even after they awkwardly shoved The black girl in it? Must be pretty bad

The most important review hasn't been published yet.

Attached: armond-white.jpg (416x625, 27K)

>cherrypicking
Wow, sperg

Mouse shills are getting desperate. Gonna be fun watching the mass sperg out when Joaquin and Todd Phillips walk home with their Oscars

Attached: 1567197033088.jpg (679x864, 79K)

these quotes sound like positive reviews. sounds like you like the opinion of prissy adult children OP.
oh man, if you're serious with this post...

>stein
>blatt
>lich

When America is gonna admit it has a jewish problem?

I trust European festival critics over .com critics. All 10/10 movies are dividing. I'll judge for myself, and hope for the best.

>critics
>mattering
Post the 33% for Sticks and Stones with a 99% audience score

>implying anyone nowadays listens to offended tomato after the shitshow with dave chapelle

Everyone I know that used to look to that website to see if a movie is good has dropped it completely. People are starting to wake up to just how shitty the critics on there are.

Attached: 1567179051849.jpg (820x960, 278K)

based Chappelle, inflaming the smug elites

Will he like it?

This. He's the only good critic these days.

Who the fuck is Arthur Fleck? I've literally never heard that name before and I've read plenty of Batman comics.

>(((top critics)))
lmao. Fuck off kike.

Attached: 1541460393501.png (681x383, 367K)

>If you strip the Joker and his nearly 80-year history as a cultural icon out of this film
But they did.

Patience Phillips villain.

>expecting anything from a greenBLATT

>Damage Controller jumps right to company wars

Attached: image.jpg (352x754, 343K)

Not really a war bro.

Attached: 1566325637811.png (900x450, 522K)

Arthur is supposed to be 35 in the movie

>top critics
It should be an option to block those retards

Not that user, but, is this a big deal? I don’t follow Yea Forums so this doesn’t register to me.

The Golden Lion is one of the most pretentious film awards in the industry.

wait is she basically saying it doesnt villify incels therefore it's bad?

no it's not Yea Forums is only talking about it because DC got it

if Marvel got one it wouldn't matter just like oscars, reviews, and box office

Weird, I never herd about that one until just now, is it really that prestigious? Seems like a b-list award, like one of those film festival awards that they have over the summer

The Biennale is one of the important film festivals out there, it's a fairly big deal.I still think Martin Eden was a better film, though.

Do you even actually watch movies?

Ayyy Lmao crawling in my S K I N

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-10-18-38-53-963_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg (720x365, 68K)

Yes, but I’m not obsessed with them. Just never herd about this lion award before, or if I had it didn’t leave enough of an impression on me to remember it. What are some films that have gotten a line, see if I recognize anything

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Lion
They don't go to Hollywood movies typically and Joker is basically one of the very very few to ever get them

I don't know how anybody expected otherwise out of a fucking Joker movie. He's the poster child for teens with Hot Topic membership cards.

Pff that's meaningless, the only opinion you need is from some fag from an irrelevant magazine

Phoenix looks like he's 50

They also should be transgender.

Wow, it’s literally nothing more than an art house circle jerk, okay, that clears that up, thanks for the info.

Someone post the rt reviews of The last Jedi

So it's evident that you don't actually care or watch movies, so why'd you bother asking

Is this movie really about Joker being an incel?
I thought that was a joke

>inane rotten tomatoes thread

For real. Why didn't Transformers get one? It made way more money than any of those.

They are really trying to make that buzzword into a real movement

TheWrap review was what I was afraid of...hope it's not true

Because I do watch films and was hoping to see something that I recognized and enjoyed on that list, saw plenty i recognize, nothing that I really cared about. I get the sinking suspicion that this thread would do far better on Yea Forums
Oh you

I see a few (((tribals))) there.

>No Snyder in the credits
>Too much like Taxi Driver and King of Comedy
Armond will pan it, with a hundred allegories about inceldom being gentrified by Hollywood in the post-9/11 Trump-deragned society.

Lmao at that Alonso guy
>If you take away all these huge parts of the movie, all you're left is with this one good aspect, so it's bad

It's mostly European films that win it. Only 8 american made movies have won it in 67 years. The Shape of Water and Roma, although this was entered as a Mexican film despite netflix producing it, both won it the last two years. I think the last US movie that won it before that was The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke

the Venice festival is second only to Cannes

So then why is Yea Forums jumping on this like its the third coming of Jesus?

>Panned

It's above 80 percent, lol.

>if Marvel got one it wouldn't matter
People flodded Yea Forums when Black Panther got its oscars. I am sure if Black Panther ever had Best Picture people would sperg non-stop.

Post nose

I don't understand why people keep saying 'The Joker' is some take on modern America. There are enough films out there that claim to be doing commentary on America and actually are without trying to make every film out there about that.

Do people feel smarter when they write like this?

I’ll wait to hear the reviews from people who have to make time and pay to see this movie opposed to the people whose job it is to go and see the movie and review it, I just trust the opinion of someone who like me, has to pay, and is getting nothing out of it beyond the hope of entertainment

Apparently the depiction of Thomas Wayne has distinct undertones of Trump

What word is giving you trouble?

Probably the fact that he felt the need to mention Linkin Park... in the year 2019. Bit late to the party, I wonder if he was a fan in 2009 when the rest of us were making fun of them and now he wants to join in.

>W-why is this m-movie so r-real? v-violence IRL is b-bad then this m-movie is b-bad!

They literally do a screed about societal treatment of the mentally ill right before he shoots De Niro on live television.

Ultimately he only shot De Niro because he made fun of him and all his actions are actually just lashing out because of his shitty life, but he frames himself as a victim of society within universe and this comes heavily into play with regards to the plot with rioting and such caused by his actions.

I bet it's "pop"

None of them, I understand what they are trying to say but they could have made the same point in fewer words and this just feels pretentious.

But these are film critics I guess.

I'm a DC fag and I think Joker looks like shit, but you can't ignore the fact that it's been lauded, won a prize at that Italian film show and got an 8 minute standing ovation (because the people thought it was a jab at Trump or something).

Angsty teens will probably start listening to “classic” music when they develop their angst, anything 10 years old for a Teen is pretty much classic, so Linkin Park in a sense falls into that category.

Eh it's more Korn than Linkin Park.

Because it's the first indicator that the movie is going to.be a serious awards contender come Oscar season. If it manages to nab people's choice at TIFF it's pretty much a lock for best picture and best director. And it might do it. Apparently it drew in a lot of people

Does Rotten Tomatoes allow for posts with unlimited characters? Is it like like twitter? If it’s anything like twitter I can understand that kind of short quick to the point review rather than explaining how he arrived at said points

Did that happen for Shape of Water? I honestly can’t remember, i do know that if I mention it to anyone these days i have to explain its the movie where the lady falls in love with the fish monsters and then they’re like “Ohhh That movie!”

Do you not know how film festivals work?

Todays teens don't give a shit about Linkin Park though, it's all bout Nine Inch Nails because of the edge factor.

I was saying that they could have made it shorter not the opposite but alright. Maybe they needed to fill it.

>audience score

Attached: sabretooth.jpg (366x322, 39K)

I assume that the majority of the people in attendance are there for the job as film critics, but no, I’m not super into films and never bothered looking deeper into film festivals other than being vaguely aware of them when a movie says it won some award as its main selling point.

Rotten Tomatoes just aggregates reviews from other websites. That's a quote from the full review.

Attached: Joker Review.png (554x813, 79K)

>Mcuck quick to the defense

Pathetic.

That's it! Starting tomorrow I am starting a movement to ban all DC movies no matter how well made they may or may not be

Attached: Screenshot_20190910-191737_Chrome.jpg (1080x833, 317K)

>4 Jews
>2 onions boys
>at least 2 trannies

>that review
Oooff, that’s not good

I see, if RT doesn’t provide you a link to the full review i would be super pissed off. Thanks for clearing that up for me user

I meant it's a lock for those nominations not a lock for a win, sorry for the confusion. But Three Billboards won people's choice at TIFF that year and SoW won the Golden Lion but people's choice at TIFF is usually a better indicator for best picture than the Golden Lion. Greenbook won last year and went on to win best picture for example.

oletko cp vammainen

They used the MiB eye flash thingy to wipe the brains of every person who will watch the movie?

This isn't Yea Forums

Idk do people feel smarter when they go watch capeshit "but for adults"?

What's next for DC films? What is the next flm their marketing teams will spam on Yea Forums?

Seriously. Yea Forums is even more un-browsable than usual. Fuck Warners.

Attached: joker thread spam never ends.jpg (859x871, 211K)

>Reinstein
>Greenblatt
>Ehrlich
Hmm..

Attached: download (3).jpg (260x194, 9K)

>What is the next flm their marketing teams will spam on Yea Forums?
February 2020

Attached: EDucByfXoAIdzO8.jpg large.jpg (1077x1610, 491K)

>the double dubs confirm
Fuck, noooo, please no, I’d rather see fucking ICP artwork on here that this whore

Christ, that soon for the BOP shitshow? Guess shes dying to get started on tank girl.

actually next for her is Suicide Squad which had it's first table read yesterday

Another one ill wait to watch.

From what I can tell it's a "modern culture is empty and meaningless" type spin and frankly people have been doing that for decades

>venice
>b-list award
based retard

Cope.

Attached: d008f9bf46f7c714bff4642783f1374f.jpg (1437x770, 349K)

>TOP CRITICS
LMFAO Holy shit that's too good of a joke to not reply

thats real cute, what is that

cringe

>dude it's not g- oh
>dude muh internet score isn't g-
>d-dude the critics don't- oh
>b-but w-well the top critics score is bad
desperate

Sure,
What are the "fake Oakleys?"

your turn

seethe

yikes

seethe beats yikes retard

i don't have the graph on me right now, sorry

>*teleports behind you*
>*puts lvl. 32 kukri blade against your neck*
>*whispers in your ear: "heh... You forgot to say 'dilate'"*
>*cuts you're throught*

They say that about any white rich asshole in a show or movie now, and nine times out of ten its projection. Still, Thomas Wayne being an asshole is starting to get played out.

>Says anything else besides have sex

Attached: 1567894749184.jpg (1544x1352, 396K)

ROBERT NOOO

pathetic

Attached: 4726ed22fa686aeb06c9573a9296b23af831e5f5.jpg (380x250, 13K)

At least I'm not a frogposter

cringe

*AGKKHGHHHHK*

Attached: screm.jpg (225x224, 5K)

>thriller is scary
do critics really?

Checked em
It refers to the people who talk about how hard life is living in Oakland when in reality they live 20 to fifty miles outside of the city limits, these are usually teens and young adults who say things kind of things to put up a false front for their peers who might not know better.

yikes

This seems like a very rick and morty style "it's deep because nihilism and cynicism are inherently smart" kind of thing. Same as the whole death by newberry medal trope.

Sudden bursts of laughter is a disorder called PBA.

It's time for the big budget animated kid Zatanna halloween movie we've all been waiting for

Attached: 1563084377640.jpg (967x720, 228K)

benis in bagina :DDDDDDD

Attached: 1553973725648.jpg (800x1040, 229K)

Oakleys are an expensive brand of sunglasses. They are a common target for bootleggers.

I gave up on critics after the David Chappelle "controversy".

but he's spot-on though

aw fuck, Yea Forumsfaggots are coming over with their shitty threads and unfunny memes...

>Probably the fact that he felt the need to mention Linkin Park... in the year 2019

what's the 2019 equivalent? Lil Uzi vert?

I saw the leaks and I'm honestly surprised it's fresh at all. Not that I think it's bad but critic's always bring in outside politics

>your movie can't be deconstructive unless it has been made 60 years ago: the critic

heh, love the guy

it's dropping pretty fast

imagine if we had social media the way we have today at the time Fight Club came out

This version of Joker sucks. At no point does he feel like he takes control, merely lashes out in autistic anger. Furthermore, he's kind of a nutcase before putting on makeup

Attached: The Batman and The Joker.jpg (1440x960, 111K)

Social media was a mistake.

Remember when FIGHT CLUB was panned by critics for being misogynists power fantasy etc etc?

Yeah, I don't think critics are the end all to be all.

Hey now, Chowder was a good show.

How many oscars did Fight Club win again? Exactly

I think people have been watching marvel movies to the point they can't accept a movie that tells the origin of a well known psychopath. The Killing Joke also had a sad background for the Joker.

Citizen Kane was denied an Oscar in favour of another movie.

This is not new.

RT has been shown to be irrelevant time and time again when it comes to box office. A big green splat didn't hurt Lion King. Marketing and brand recognition Trump's everything

>Remember when FIGHT CLUB was panned by critics for being misogynists power fantasy
Please tell me you're fucking with me.
At least with something like Starship Troopers it's so unrelenting with it's satire that I can understand how someone could mistake it for genuine, but fucking Fight Club?

Seriously?

Attached: Disgusted Reginald.jpg (385x299, 6K)

No, no. Critic's not being able to tell Starship troopers was obvious satire is inexcusable. The top officers are dressed like fucking Nazis

I think Fight Club is the most heinous on the account the entire fucking arc is about the protagonist learning about the very shit they are complaining.

Super seethen 3

>top critics hate it
so the movie is actually good

And people have been doing takes about societal treatment of the “mentally ill” for decades. From propaganda that they should all be rounded up and summarily executed to more propaganda about what actually constitutes being mentally ill whether it’s contradicted by the DSM-5 or not.

The point is that The Joker has always represented the side of chaos and evil in Batman. That’s hardly enough to claim that suddenly he’s some bastion of an alt right or alt left mouthpiece.

All this pearl clutching on one side and overhyping on the other feels even faker than usual. Guess they're losing their touch.

indeed
they probably see how woke things don't actually make money and are trying to profit on people who dislike it
movie is probably shit just like every one DC/Marvel movie

Most reviews im seeing praise Joachim's performance but say hes practically carrying the movie because its predictable and shallow. Makes me wonder what version that film festival watched or how shitty the other films were.

The fact that the reviewer couldn't do a simple google search shows how much of a psuedo-intellectual retard he is lmao