This movie aged so fucking great

This movie aged so fucking great.

Attached: The-Nightmare-Before-Christmas.jpg (1800x1080, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eJjjgMt6NIk
youtu.be/tHshiXQ7y0c
youtube.com/watch?v=QmdWSwKITQk
youtube.com/watch?v=vb6YMCQ7V2o
web.archive.org/web/20160216002055/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz-X3gVpm3g
youtube.com/watch?v=QOd42IoAXCE
youtube.com/watch?v=ouAt_5UO83s
youtube.com/watch?v=-1nKVJTTFqA
youtube.com/watch?v=XdM2pD-oGZk
youtube.com/watch?v=vo8OSsb8R6g
youtube.com/watch?v=X9Vt3NJ-pX0&t=29s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yeah, its really good

Sally never got enough lewds.

Though she got one song number too many.

>that singing voice

Attached: PkgJSev.gif (480x360, 1.98M)

>Still no sequel about Santa's revenge.

I noticed the movie felt off because Jack is not that typical underdog loser hero.
The whole town loves him, he's the king. Even the mayor looks up to him.
Only Oogie hates him.

Apparently Disney really fucking wants to make a sequel but Tim Burton won't let them. He doesn't want to ruin the integrity of the original.

Attached: 1267520672138.jpg (400x700, 210K)

Attached: 1267521315255.jpg (600x500, 266K)

If this is really true, expect a sequel to come out within a year of Burton's eventual death/retirement.

Attached: 1267520149007.png (480x640, 168K)

Attached: 1267522247497.jpg (500x792, 133K)

This Jack is scarier than the one in the movie

Attached: 1267521688039.png (400x400, 24K)

Sally is a cutie.

This movie always sucked, always looked like shit, and now all the retard hot topic goth whores love it so fuck that movie.

Attached: 1267521284818.png (480x640, 119K)

Based Danny
youtube.com/watch?v=eJjjgMt6NIk

Attached: 1267519170998.jpg (600x828, 158K)

Attached: 1267518346000.jpg (650x736, 183K)

OK, how about instead of Christmas, Jack goes through a rainbow door to Gay Pride Festival Town and kidnaps Parade Grand Marshal George Takei

Attached: 1267520588069.jpg (650x550, 368K)

Attached: 1267518233234.png (480x640, 198K)

Helplessly fucked in the ass by a legion of 40 ex-cons

The only reason he lost is because he dropped everything so he could go play with some feet.

Attached: 1011_nws_ocr-l-oogie-026.jpg (620x826, 84K)

I liked Rex Ryan.
t. Yea Forums

Doth I detect a hint of surprise?

Making Christmas > Oogie Boogie song

Can't relate if the hero's not a loser?

I love Oingo Boingo
youtu.be/tHshiXQ7y0c

It's a Tim Burton.

No, but yes it turns girls hot
Kidnap Mr.Sandyclaws>

Now? You're 15 years late there idiot.

Not true, in the end santa goes back a few later and there is a small group of skeleton children with a xylophone band

Poor old jack is one of my favorite songs.

Imagine Jack singing this
youtube.com/watch?v=QmdWSwKITQk

Jack's lament. Whenever I'm depressed I listen to that and I'm cured pretty much instantly.

>Song from the cut post credits scene with Jack and Sally
youtube.com/watch?v=vb6YMCQ7V2o

this movie is ridiculously short so why the fuck are there fully animated deleted scenes? that shit pissed me off

The planned Beetlejuice sequel leads to The Nightmare Before Hawaii.

Thats the one. They somehow didnt quite catch the same tone in the soundtrack as in the movie but its still good as hell.

web.archive.org/web/20160216002055/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz-X3gVpm3g

The final battle was alot different I think they changed it mostly cause it wouid have been too expensive

I'm listening to the Oogie's Revenge OST right now.
youtube.com/watch?v=QOd42IoAXCE

Hey cant blame him with feet like Sally's plus great legs.

What's funny is the leg scene was in the early drafts but went alot differently back when oogies lair was wester western jailhouse themed it happened right after his song it the scene plays out like it dose.
When Sally frees Santa oogie just pulls the curtain back to see the legs not connected to anything and sallys hands knock oogie over as be spills all his bugs.
As the two prepare to escape the bugs end up back in oogie and then he captures them

Like that game and the gba game

>Poor Jack
Holy fuck this song makes me rage. It blueballs me like nothing else with the way it picks up to something incredible and immediatly dies down after. FUCK.

Attached: 1461535063327.gif (500x370, 948K)

All the songs sound a bit off compared to the soundtrack. I mean, they were writte and completed before the movie had a screenplay, so I guess they had to change the music to match the stop motion.

Listening to the demos of the songs
Is interesting to see what they were going with tempo wise

>you're face when there are some cosplay pics who do that scene with sallys leg

Where? Where, boy?

Attached: lair-feature.jpg (1000x687, 147K)

For some reason Jack's Obsession hits me pretty hard, even though it isn't close to the most emotional song in the movie.

Attached: 239572309238.jpg (250x250, 25K)

Nice, nice.

A true intellectual's song.

Attached: 6141092547_16a51c4880_z.jpg (640x427, 65K)

hnngh
>you will never be that bag of bugs

he's only the producer

Is it weird that even as a kid I was bummed that Sally didn't start reacting to him teasing and tickling her foot?

Attached: 3857348.gif (500x281, 988K)

You think Sally feels things? What a terrifying notion.

Attached: sally1.jpg (400x246, 67K)

Well not pain.

Hopefully.

Same here
Was expecting to her to try and not laugh which she accidentally let's out a giggle
Which cause her to get caught

I'm shocked there isnt alot of foot stuff with sallys she seems tailored made for it

Akshully she was tailor made to make soup

Sally is a sensationless fuckdoll
She doesn't even understand emotion because she doesn't feel
Because she was made to be fucked

Man shes a goldmine for sexy fun
Weird how little stuff there Is of it

>Sally goes stiff for a moment while helping Santa as she feels her shoe fall off
>the camera cuts to Oogie tickling her foot
>he freaks out as hysterical laughter is suddenly heard from a completely different direction from the door

Cute.

Attached: 1522017879591.jpg (524x550, 93K)

Managed to find this
Was a pain
Last one i know of

Attached: 43818036_489957658165851_6188433979172248102_n.jpg (640x800, 80K)

It's Tim Burton's magnum opus, he's never made anything even remotely as good since then.

>Tim Burton's magnum opus is a movie he did no direct

Really makes you think.

Love that
And he ends up feeling the leg come forward seeing its attached to no one

Poor Henry Selick never gets any credit.

At least he gets props for Coraline.

Attached: coraline_poster.jpg (750x1111, 78K)

Disney showcase did this nice statute of Sally

Attached: 20190910_192549.jpg (1061x1886, 663K)

Well he has that upcoming Netflix show

I wish Laika had done more spooky stuff than just Coraline and Paranorman.

I really miss this type of film.

Attached: 4574354.jpg (666x386, 35K)

I think paranorman and box trolls underperforming is what caused them to move away from those types of films

Shows how good he is.

Just need Gaiman to write Coraline 2 I guess.

Attached: 30649346.jpg (511x750, 101K)

Feels bad at how screwed monkeybone was started out as really cool adaption of the comic dark town then ended up as it is
Didnt even go with the alternate ending where he stays in downtown with kitty

Man thinking on the game oogies revenge
Wondering if oogie when he had captured Sally played with her feet again

Wish someone had saved the video of the oogie boogies song as it has the early version of the Sally leg scene

Attached: 20190705_045718.png (409x276, 106K)

I thought the story was always fairly simple for how much love the movie got, but the songs and general visual style will always have a nice place in my nostalgia.

I thought Box Trolls was more of a straight up comedy.

Attached: 1127205.jpg (2560x1536, 1.07M)

The early trailers with mentioning how family's are different and the two dads bit I'm sure didn't do it any favors

>he holds them as he waits in the final boss room, teasing them like a Bond villain would stroke a cat, as they squirm in his lap unable to escape his grasp
>Sally rolls about in the room next door, beside herself in laughter the entire time

Didn't their later stuff do even worse?

Can watch it every year and not get bored of it

Fucking crazy

Do you watch it for Halloween or Christmas?

Or both?

>was the only one who actually helped jack when he was stuck in his room
>knew shit was going to go wrong before anyone else did and tried to warn jack
>was the first to go and save santa
Sally is best.

Halloween night every year with my grandma

Paranormal was just bad and box trolls was a bit too weird.

It was officially classified as a Halloween movie if you're forced to choose.

Anyone ever play Psychonauts? It always gave me a lot of the same vibes in terms of style and atmosphere.

Attached: 480564.png (450x296, 102K)

Indeed she is

Tarantino?!

I imagine that this is what oogie would dress her up in
For personal fun
The heels and fishnets just scream oogie

Burton's made like eight flops in a row. He lost Disney MILLIONS with Dumbo and that last Alice in Wonderland movie. They own his ass now. Expect it within two years.

Oh I shudder to think how they will ruin it

Ooh yes
Can visualize that

There needs to be more

Attached: d6qcftg-a3a9fbd5-ebaa-4c32-bd3b-0aa969a1987d.jpg (500x500, 95K)

Films don’t age.

Dumbo bomboed?

Well, at least not every bland live-action remake is a guaranteed success.

Laika Cinematic Universe when?

Attached: 1033318-laika-experience-takes-residence-san-diegos-gaslamp-quarter-july-14-23.jpg (940x525, 63K)

The concept art for this movie Is really great which there would be another book with just all the concept art

Kind of dig sallys early outfit

Attached: c3c029557dd3366d1c75f675b00dfaeb.png (437x764, 374K)

Attached: dc8394a71ba59409abd55b67ea0db961.jpg (630x1023, 101K)

Why didn't he do the speaking voice, too?

This really needs an after movie game with jack going around his world fighting bosses messing with friends.

>Dumbo (2019)
Production Budget: $170 million
Domestic: $114,766,307
>Frankenweenie (2012)
Production Budget: $39 million
Domestic: $35,291,068
>Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (2016)
Production Budget: $110 million
Domestic: $87,242,834
>Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016)
Production Budget: $170 million
Domestic: $77,041,381
>Dark Shadows (2012)
Production Budget: $150 million
Domestic: $79,727,149

Fuck, he's deeep in the hole. He needs that guaranteed hit. Disney might even just make it a Disney+ premiere to decrease the risk.

See the Exorcist with a modern day audience and see how wrong you are.

Attached: oogie_boogie_and_sally_by_steveoreno_d8b0obz-pre.jpg (794x1006, 122K)

Overacted, shamelessly evil villains are the best.

Attached: 32475423446345.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

Oogie is the best villain
It's so good they gave him more screentime in the film
Cause he was just supposed to do his song and that wss it the final battle eiukd happen very quickly

Why are the songs in this movie so damn good? They didn't need to go this hard in this Halloween/Christmas crossover, yet they did.

youtube.com/watch?v=ouAt_5UO83s

I'm sure she's fine.

>Clearly I...
>will go sailing
>no more

You guys trying to have an early Spooktober thread in here? I'm all for it. I miss you awesome dudes.

Attached: Dinsdale.png (1156x514, 1.22M)

Same
Been waiting for some spooktober fun

The film didn’t age, it’s still just as effective.

I really wish Tim Burton would do more weird animation stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=-1nKVJTTFqA

Attached: stainboy.png (590x478, 159K)

Oingo-Boingo is great. Pure kino.

In which Coraline and Norman collaborate on monster hunts?

Attached: Coraline_Mother.jpg (666x386, 49K)

Attached: 1509386330887.jpg (540x691, 115K)

There...there is one, user. There are actually three if you count the numbered first two Kingdom Hearts games, and one prequel game.

no

The Exorcist traumatized me because I believed in demons at the time. It's masterfully crafted as a viscerally upsetting film, though it does cheat with some jumpscares.

Alice Through the Looking Glass wasn't a Burton film. They just slapped him on with a "producer" credit.

based Oingo Boingo poster

Just like nightmare and James and the giant peach

Well for Nightmare, he at least wrote the story and came up with the characters and designs.

Attached: tim burton mayor.jpg (741x1000, 55K)

You missed out man

Attached: ps2_nightmare_before_christmas_oogies_p_o7x8bd[1].jpg (682x972, 267K)

I enjoy that game

It's always a treat to hear him in spinoff vidya. He was even in that Hocus Pocus stage show.

That shit's one of the best songs in the movie tho

It's kind of an interesting inversion.
In a lot of stories you get the loveable loser who is shit on by society despite being an okay guy.

Meanwhile here, Jack is the fucking boss of Halloweentown, everyone loves him, yet he's a short-sighted dipshit who fucks everything up for everyone despite having good intentions. Santa doesn't coddle him because "oh ho it's okay lad, you just wanted to share Christmas with everyone", he tells him it's about fucking time, snatches his hat back, and immediately runs off to fix Jack's mess. And then he gives them a little snow so they know there's no hard feelings, but also never fucking do that ever again.

Jack really has a unique character arc. I love how theatrical he is and how fast he get's over how much he screwed up.

youtube.com/watch?v=XdM2pD-oGZk

This.
>Michael Chrichton dies
>they say they're not gonna make Jurassic Park 4 out of respect, then make it anyway like 8 years later
>Harold Ramis dies
>Ghostbusters remake announced literally the next day
>Stephen Hillenburg dies
>It's a Wonderful Sponge, the Spongebob soft reboot summer camp movie that resets the canon of the show, is announced like a week later
When Burton dies, expect a Beetlejuice 2, a Beetlejuice remake, a sequel to the Beetlejuice remake, a dozen Nightmare Before *holiday* movies, a live action adaptation of Vincent for Disney+, and probably Batman Triumphant since Disney will have acquired WB by then. All of which will be announced at his memorial service.

There's definitely a lot going on subtextually and emotionally
>character trying to articulate why the tacky wholesomeness of Christmas has him so captivated
>the joy of discovering something new that changes your whole outlook on life
>the sadness that comes with people not understanding
>the dramatic tension as it's clear that he's out of his depth and has no fucking clue how Christmas works

But user, OP is talking about Nightmare Before Christmas, not Ed Wood

Agree.
It's a lovely little amotspheric fairy tale, but everyone sucks off SallyxJack when they have like a total of 5 lines together

The problem was the trailers didn't offer any intrigue.
>There's some funny trolls and we made everything by hand

I didn't watch it until it hit Netflix and even then it's easily their weakest film. I did like the designs of the villains and how they were still willing to make a guy who likes to dress in drag into a punchline though.

I like to officially watch it after Halloween. The movie starts on October 31st and ends with everyone celebrating Christmas, it's a nice way to close out the Halloween season.

That and raiding Spirit stores for deals a year in advance before they all shutter until August.

The short runtime and songs definitely help the rewatchability

>t. casual zoomer

Yeah, but not to popcorn munching casuals. They think shit like The Exorcist and Alien and The VVitch are boring and cheesy and shit while movies like The Nun and Annabelle 7 and Saw 15 are the best horror movies ever until the sequel comes out next year.

>I am the one with the big fat mirror!

youtube.com/watch?v=vo8OSsb8R6g

Hm.
I like the longer build up to the confrontation, but the movie versions final battle with the traps and jack being acrobatic is way better than jack running around being chased by a swarm of bugs.

True
Though I do like the orginal idea that oogie could control his bugs

The final version is alot better

yes, that's cool but they didn't use it in a unique way (even in the storyboards.)

The Nightmare Before Christmas is Danny Elfman's film as much as it is Tim Burton's or Henry Selick desu.

The story has its issues, but the songs make everything

Danny wrote the story, because he had to write the songs before anything else was done. Tim Burton would show him some sketches and explain the scene and he'd have to come up with lyrics all on his own. If you consider that, I don't mind Henry getting some cred, but the movie really was a Burton-Elfman creation.

Dumbo feels like it was subjected to a lot of meddling though. It starts out interesting, wraps up the original story in the first half, and then the last third feels like it came out of a different movie. Burton hasn't made a good movie since like Sweeny Todd but he has a very recognizable style and that third act wasn't it.

surprisingly decent game. That box art sure does suck ass though.

Spooktober soon fellow spookers

Attached: slapass.gif (498x374, 620K)

Frustrating, isn't it? Almost makes you wonder why nothing ever turns out like it should.

Attached: 1414708733825.gif (290x200, 3.47M)

Why isnt Sally a Disney Princess?

The Exorcist kind of shot itself in the foot by procaliming to be the scariest movie ever made, which wasn't even true back then.

I really liked dark shadows though

>The VVitch
Why do you people insist on typing it like this?

Poseur Goths aka Mallgoth Mentality.

Makes it immediately evident what movie we mean

Also it's fun

There is already a Beetlejuice script on the works, but Burton already rejected one years ago, apparently the script has the same plot of the original but in Hawaii for some reason

I thought you were going to post Little Girls

Kubo still had some creepy designs

He was a producer and had more creative power, the project was obviosuly a passion project and he didn't directed it because he was working with Batman returnd if I remember right, this movie is one of those that the producer leaves a bigger personal mark then the director, like Walt Disney or almost all movies produced by Spielber that weren't directed by another well known director like Zemekis
>The movie was advertised as being made by "NBC director" with no mentioning his name so people would mistake it for a burton film
This makes me so angry even if Burton was an important part of the movie as I have just said before Selick deserves better

Guy really needs to remember why he started making films in the first place, let's hope he gets his touch back althought now it seems that Guillermo del Toro is the new "weird director that makes creepy cool things"

Frankenweenie was good and Miss Peregrine was also nice

Singing and acting are two different things.

That's how you can tell Tim Burton didn't direct.

This is the answer that Disney will never understand.

I don't know what to think if this
youtube.com/watch?v=X9Vt3NJ-pX0&t=29s

That's a hand puppet btw

Why live?

>What's this? What's this? I'm pulling pubic hair! What's this? It's getting everywhere!

They were gonna greenlight that like 2 or 3 years ago, I remember reading how it had finally entered preproduction

>I am the one living under your stairs!
>...you've got a lot of pubic hair!

I live for the spooks

Attached: Mummy_of_Ankha.png (732x550, 498K)

What movie was scarier in that time?

Just three more weeks, my friends.

Attached: Kawaii Deathscythe.jpg (403x419, 38K)

Rewatch it every Halloween. It's so cozy.

How do you fail this hard at typing "Jack"?

I wouldn't say "no" to some Undersea Gal.

Anyone who doesn't say clown with tear away face is a filthy liar

the game was also sick too

Attached: cuhrayzee.jpg (187x266, 22K)

She makes wounds ooze and flesh crawl alright