Is this the greatest double-page spread in the history of the medium? How the fuck is this comic so good?

Is this the greatest double-page spread in the history of the medium? How the fuck is this comic so good?

Attached: E4DA9321-B91A-4C28-B4DF-B26D752D1802.jpg (2880x2211, 2.27M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FLqPsSH2biY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Alan Moore gets a lot of shit here but he truly is one of the greats.

Amazing ending to a landmark series. I left it there, something about another writer continuing it makes me feel queesy, but I imagine Gaiman's is fine? Cartoonist Kayfabe did a couple good episodes on this book so far with more to come
youtu.be/FLqPsSH2biY

why does he have blowjob leeches

It's an Utopia

Gaiman's issues were fine. Where his arc is going is still up in the air since he never finished it. The only real problem is Gaiman's arc followed one of the greatest of all time.

You know i dont even care if i come off as a heathen or contrarian or whatever but listen, this art is just fucking god awful on my eyes. Its technically good, the composition is good, the style is good, its obviously well drawn and well plotted, but its too fucking crisp and saturated, it actually legitimately hurts my fucking eyes to look at it.

I wish a lot of older books didnt have this problem because it turns me off to them. Soften that contrast just a little bit and desaturate it by 30% and i think we'd be good, christ. I dont care if its not as accurate to the original printing, it doesnt translate to digital screens well at all. That shit was meant for inherently technologically limited printing methods, not LCD screens, holy fuck.

He really is. The shit's deserved, things like Neonomicon are trash, but more often than not he's good. And when Moore's good, he's one of the fucking best.

Fair enough

Gaiman's arc would be fine IF IT WAS FINISHED. NEIL, YOU BRITISH DUCK, GET ON IT

I'd prefer to respond with a more rational post than
>I like it!
But that's all there is to it. I think the crisp lines and vibrant colors look even better on bright digital displays than they do in print.

Sometimes it can look good but sometimes its just too much.

No. It's incredibly fucking retarded. Even Warren Ellis has called out that ending for being trash and not making any sense. That's a problem with Alan Moore comics in general. It doesn't really matter how flowery the prose writing is when his plots consistently fail to follow any logic whatsoever.

Or the end just ripples like a ropes end that fizzle out.

Attached: cf0d087a3d6fe52e26b29fa64a39485c.jpg (1975x1450, 903K)

I can't not post Kirby. This is my personal favroite.

Attached: 45376.jpg (1024x737, 843K)

> desaturate it by 30%
Oh hell no. While it's simply of matter of preference, I think the garish color saturation of older comics are half of the appeal. The recolored Flex Mentallo and Incal series were desaturated and suffered for it. The new colors are dull and lifeless in contrast. My two cents.

>It's incredibly fucking retarded.
How so?
>That's a problem with Alan Moore comics in general. It doesn't really matter how flowery the prose writing is when his plots consistently fail to follow any logic whatsoever.
Please name one comic of Moore's that does not follow the in-comic logic and explain your position.

I shouldn't oversimplify it as this as I doubt it was Alan's intention, but what I like is how Miracleman's ending is sort of a mirror of Ozymandias', where Adrian has established a Utopia of lies, inhibiting the self-destructive tendencies of people with threat of an external intruder and worries if a temporary solution was worth permanent loss of lives and when it will turn in on itself if not him, Miracleman has truly saved and freed man from all external threat and inhibition, but now a part of him questions who will save and free them from themselves. He's not worried for himself but what he's unleashed.

posting kirby should be cheating

Attached: Dx7xQkvX0AExzFn.jpg (619x440, 129K)

how about a double double page spread?

Attached: 004hxk0k.jpg (1600x610, 506K)

I was going to download this some time ago but I was told that the digital reprints literally censored some parts of the comic. Apparently some swearing was involved? Anyway I just decided not to bother with it.

It's alright. I liked top 10 more. I thought Miracleman was predictable due to the fact that I read some of his other works.

They just censored the N word