What made Maxwell Atoms package these two as one show in the beginning?

What made Maxwell Atoms package these two as one show in the beginning?

Attached: 1553313644024.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tbJ4lBuICPs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He liked both concepts even though one was clearly much weaker

Timeslots

Probably to see which one would be more popular and shift to focusing onto whichever one ended as the most popular

Well, he did work on Cow & Chicken and that was paired up with I am Weasel.

Yeah back then every show was bundled with a different but similar show.
>Dexter with Justice Friends and Monkey
>Two Stupid dogs with Secret Squirrel
>Cow and Chicken and I am Weasel

That only happened because of shitty executives and Feiss was forced to make more Weasel shit

Johnny Bravo also had those Jungle Boy segments nobody liked

Attached: 1459620742579.jpg (210x240, 18K)

Because most of the early Cartoon Cartoons (the three you listed, plus Johnny Bravo and Powerpuff Girls) were done by Hanna-Barbera, who were doing the package show format all the way back to the Huckleberry Hound Show. It was also sort of a throwback, since that was around the time that the artists who grew up with the early Hanna-Barbera shows were becoming the driving creative force in the industry.

Grim & Evil was likely also intended as a throwback, though it should also be noted that (as I recall) the Grim Adventures pilot was one of the final Hanna-Barbera animations before the studio folded and was absorbed into Cartoon Network Studios.

Thank god, could you imagine if Hanna-Barbera made Courage as they originally was going to? They would have put a shitty middle segment on there for sure.

Powerpuff Girls didn't have a middle segment.

Because William Hanna was dying, so he couldn't meddle with the show

Some shady cunt getting richer somewhere

ACTUAL ANSWER:
this goes back to an event CN ran in 2000 called the big pick. Essentially, a handful of creators who wanted to pitch shows were given funding for pilots. Each of the pilots was then played at primetime, and kids could call in or go online to vote for which one they liked the best. The one with the most votes would get greenlighted into a series.
Atoms only had funding for one pilot but he liked both shows, so he made both of them rolled into one.

He had ultimate power.

I thought it worked. Grim Adventures focused on the supernatural while Evil Con Carne does science.

You had Courage and Dexter's Lab if you wanted to see those subjects, why copy from them?

what were they planning to do with courage?

>I am Weasel
Holy fuck I forgot about this

Cartoon Network?

It was going to be a Hanna-Barbera production, as the pilot was produced under their division, however when it became greenlit, Dilworth eventually sent the production of the show to his Stretch Films Studios, as it was much easier for him.

youtube.com/watch?v=tbJ4lBuICPs

I REMEMBER IM 28 WHAT THE FUCK IS MY LIFE

Kitty Bobo deserved to win over KND

I really don't recall Jungle Boy. Was it the pre-redesign Johnny Bravo?

Yeah, but it would've became dated in a few years.

Season 1, so yes

Kill yourself furfag

Executives

I only remember ONE Jungle Boy segment and another crossover episode with JB.

They made at least 7 of these shit segments

Courage was actually the very last show animated by Hanna-Barbera's Filipino studio Fil-A-Cartoons.

I legitimately do not remember jungle boy period even though i watched johnny bravo constantly.

For some reason almost nobody remembers S1 and only talk about the show after it got paired with PPG in 1998.

Was it when Carl and Pops came?

Furfags, in my Yea Forums?
Perish the thought!

Ya

Well, there's only so much you can do with an evil genius Mexican brain in a jar.

And before that Secret Squirrel was paired with Atom Ant