/shelf/ + recent buys

Don't know where to buy? Try these:
amazon.com/(known to manhandle books with bad packaging)
instocktrades.com/(worldwide shipping, often has sales)
mycomicshop.com(worldwide shipping)
cheapgraphicnovels.com/
ebay.com/
[your local comic shop here]

Are you Euro or UK and don't know where you should buy? Try these:
cheap-comics.com(EU)
booksetc.co.uk/(EU)
speedyhen.com(UK, hefty fees if delivery address outside of UK)
bookdepository.com(free worldwide shipping but known to manhandle books)
tfaw.com(worldwide shipping)
booktopia.com.au(AUS/NZ, free shipping if referral by Booko)

Price Comparison website(s):
booko.us/
booko.com.au/

New list of things out next week:comiclist.com/index.php/
newreleases/next-week
Upcoming Omnibus/Hardcovers:
goodreads.com/topic/group_folder/305597
>Thread Question
Your house burns down and you can only save one thing from your shelf, what would it be?

Attached: IMG_20190910_130750.jpg (5344x2167, 2.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DarkHorseComics/status/1148637029065883648
cheapgraphicnovels.com/big-marvel-sale-2019/
newsarama.com/24263-geof-darrow-s-bourbon-thret-to-get-american-release-from-dark-horse.html
media.comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/DeadpoolWeddingFinal.jpg
kengaring.blogspot.com/2019/09/gogor.html
youtube.com/watch?v=D2keIfaPHgw&t=85s
amazon.com/Akira-35th-Anniversary-Box-Set/dp/1632364611/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just got these bad boys in the mail, now I have the full Foolkiller run.

Attached: IMG_20190910_131310.jpg (4448x3006, 2.43M)

Has there been any news about the next Dark Horse Moebius volume in the past year or so?

Appreciate if anyone could help. Some reprint news in return

Attached: bu.jpg (696x898, 519K)

1/2
Not a lot of new stuff, but next month I'm planning on getting Berlin by Jason Lutes, Doctor Strange Triumph and Torment, the next Conan reprint and maybe the Immortal Hulk HC.

>Thread Question
Your house burns down and you can only save one thing from your shelf, what would it be?
Maybe the signed ones

Attached: IMG_20190910_132959-1632x1224.jpg (1632x1224, 463K)

2/2

Attached: IMG_20190910_133020-1632x1224.jpg (1632x1224, 467K)

Oh hey I remember that Frankenstein book!
Or am I thinking of Joe Frankenstein.

I gotchu senpai, news soon;

twitter.com/DarkHorseComics/status/1148637029065883648

Attached: 9781506713434.jpg (347x450, 48K)

I've got a halfway decent wage coming in this month, so I'm aiming to complete Hell On Earth, and maybe Abe Sapien and the Black Hammer Omni if the taxman looks the other way...

I'm going to try and commit to something off my wishlist every month, rather than fritter it away on random bullshit... I've got to make a dent in it somehow.

Attached: Shelf.jpg (2862x3288, 1.24M)

Howdy, /shelf/. Current version of my collection, etc... With another batch coming in a few weeks. Planning on getting the following in October:

>Immortal Hulk Vol. 1 HC
>X-Men: Starjammers by Dave Cockrum
>Starjammers TP by Warren Ellis
>Secret Warps
>Infinity Warps Two-In-One
>Thanos: The Infinity Ending
>Infinity Wars by Gerry Duggan: The Complete Collection
>Infinity Wars Sleepwalker
>Avengers Epic Collection TP Collection Obsession

And perhaps a couple more... Considering getting Casey/Dragotta's Vengeance and Ditko's Speedball Complete Collection. We'll see!

By the way, for those unaware: CGN is having a special Marvel Omnibus and Hardcovers sale, until September 15th! cheapgraphicnovels.com/big-marvel-sale-2019/
Some good titles in there.

Attached: IMG_20190901_152038~01.jpg (2560x1920, 917K)

Thanks... Now if they could give an update on the reprint of Bourbon Thret that would be really cool

Are the interviews good?

Got the first The Mask omnibus.

Also picked up some reissues of Pixar films. Thinking of starting my non-anime animation collection.

They're reprinting Bourbon Thret?? I missed out on that

Well they announced it almost five years ago, before the other five books of the Darrow line came out, so I'm starting to have some doubts

newsarama.com/24263-geof-darrow-s-bourbon-thret-to-get-american-release-from-dark-horse.html

>Thinking of starting my non-anime animation collection.
Just Pixar for now?

I already have a few Disney ones, but yeah, today was the day taht a lot of Pixar films got blu-ray reissues.

I got Brave/Nemo today. Bugs life, Monster Inc/Uni I get Thursday. Other films I'm waiting on being stocked.

The new disney vault release of "The Signature" release is coming to a close, 101 dalmations and Sleeping beauty comes out in two weeks and all thta would be left is Jungle Book.

>blu-ray
I'm sorry user

Yeah, I heard.

I'm liking that She-Hulk cover

Attached: 4CA953D3-91B2-425B-B579-99996758F9BF.jpg (4032x2123, 3.76M)

>have physical copies of the Dark Horse tpb for Savage Sword of Conan stories
>have digital copies of the magazine's 235 issues
And yet I still want to buy the omnibus versions Marvel is putting out. I don't understand it, /shelf/.

It's a great issue too. John Byrne goes missing, presumed dead, so She Hulk reviews a bunch of potential replacements, including Frank Miller. It ends with her finding Byrne in a closet, then throwing him out a window to his death when he reveals he wants to take the comic in a "Marvel Babies" direction.

Attached: IMG_20190910_175645.jpg (4264x3006, 2.96M)

Recently bought the whole Ghost saga of Iron Man (#219-221+239) and I’m pretty happy with it. Ghost is such a badass.

That's an awesome page.

missed you guys. Yea Forums is such a heap

There was a Marvel 40% off sale at Chapters/Indigo until Monday.
I was so close to buying some epics, like Moon Knight, only to realize that 2/3 of them were OOP (or at least out of stock)

reposting last months haul. This weekend is my city's comic convention so I hope to pick up some cool stuff there. Unfortunately, it seems like Jordie Bellaire cancelled. I was wanting a few things signed from her, but alas.

Also, been eyeing up a whale on e-bay....we shall see.

Attached: new aug19 b.jpg (4146x2976, 1.44M)

2/2
>Your house burns down and you can only save one thing from your shelf, what would it be?
I can't answer that cause I wouldn't even glance at my /shelf/. I would grab my 1960 Les Paul Jr and run.

Attached: new aug19.jpg (4897x2979, 1.41M)

>Sex
started reading this online to get a taste, it's pretty cool. great use of color
my favorite thing is superheroes, and my next favorite thing is comics about superhero comics. can't get enough of them

>Jordie Bellaire cancelled
damn that sucks

did you really like Infinity Wars/Infinity Warps that much?
someone I know from a discord used that deal and a gift card to spend $10 and get Behold Galactus! I'm so jelly.
ya, I read some of Joe Casey's letters pages in them too and he seems like an interesting, if a bit self indulgent, dude.

/Shelf/ own board

>did you really like Infinity Wars/Infinity Warps that much?
I'm a completist: with it I would have all of the main GOTG modern stories, excluding War of Kings/Realm of Kings (justified considering how expensive it is). I did like Infinity Warps and Secret Warps though, so at least having that in full would be fun.
Also the Infinity Wars omnibus by Duggan also includes Infinity Countdown, which is pretty much GOTG-lite.

Attached: Secret_Warps_Arachknight_Annual_Vol_1_1~01.jpg (1988x3056, 1.46M)

I wouldn't mind a comics board, the only cartoon I care about these days is Venture Bros, and discussion (and new seasons) are few and far between.

ya, Infinity Countdown was pretty good, but I hated the actual event. The warps was mostly meh for me, I preferred the recent Warps, where they kept fusing into more and more amalgams. Love it when Dr Strange just gives up pronouncing the names of these gods

And when Weapon Peace outright expunges the contradicting backstories out of her head. It's so funny.

Attached: timthumb.php(4).jpg (588x892, 269K)

Does DC have any comics that are really cartoony? I don't like their in-house style that's super realistic.

Sadly I don't think we would get a very active discussion in a board dedicated only to comics.

Maybe about "collectibles" in general, but that might be a bit broad and overlap too much with other boards.

Look into the ongoing Dial H for Hero series, the whole schtick is the main character transforming into different heroes with different art styles and it's a blast. Hard to believe it's only one guy doing the art.

Yeah, no matter how much they try to say otherwise comics are still a niche thing, even r/comicbooks and discords are very dead because discussions don't go beyond it's shit or it's great

Well today was the listed release of the new Ranxerox hardcover, but it looks like that listing may have just been a mistake because nobody has it in stock just listed. Some sites even say out of print

Like two years ago the same thing happened with a different publisher

Yes we would. You wouldn’t have to search the catalog or filter 50 keywords for comic related stuff to show up.
If god damn Mecha gets a board, comics should get a board. I wan away from these toonfag pedos.
But I’ve wanted this for 8 years And it’ll never happen

>Thread Question

I would take the Hellboy 25 years SDCC exclusive that was gifted to me by a friend and is signed by Mignola, I doubt its work anything but it makes me happy

Attached: IMG_20190825_111335_758.jpg (2160x2700, 1.44M)

Just one item or a set of one thing?
The slipcase hardcover set of Fantagraphics Usagi Yojimbo, but I'd want all the Dark Horse Saga editions that are now going out of print and jumping in price

Back at it again with the 3 months old picture.

Attached: Shelf June 2019.jpg (5296x2192, 3.46M)

>JMS Spidey
Man, I love some of those stories like Happy Birthday, but that has Sins Past in it and I don't want to support that.

And here is last weeks stuff from my trip to an LCS, found the Little Bird James Harren variant. Sea of Stars, I'm excited to check out Stephen Greens art. Some Hellboy, this story seems like it could be good, first issue so far has been set up. Also randomly got Battle Pug like a dummy without flipping through the pages, I just got excited because I recently got a dog, I flipped through the pages when I got home and got bummed that some of the panels looked like they were poking fun of US politics. I hear about politics everyday on the tv, radio, podcasts, at the bar, social media, co workers, everywhere, so when I buy a comics I dont want to see politics in it, if anything I'm trying to get away from that. How do you guys feel about current politics in your comics? Do you guys like it? Dislike it?

Attached: IMG_20190910_190246_438.jpg (2204x2035, 1005K)

>How do you guys feel about current politics in your comics? Do you guys like it? Dislike it?
oh god, not this again. Aren't there a dozen other threads for you to complain in?

This. Keep this crap out of /shelf/

Current run of Dial H. Wonder Twins is also great

Havent posted in a while. Ive got a bunch more coming but ill save them for a future thread

Attached: IMG_20190910_193546.jpg (3968x2299, 3.68M)

Need to take an updated pic of my shelves. 1/3

Attached: IMG_20190726_125628.jpg (1090x3968, 1.7M)

2/3

Attached: IMG_20190726_125605.jpg (2195x3968, 3.51M)

3/3

Attached: IMG_20190726_125525.jpg (2007x3968, 3.22M)

also finally got my Stokoe Galactus print framed

Attached: IMG_20190910_194118.jpg (1743x3968, 3.43M)

How is your Milligan and McCarthy book holding up? I've bought it twice now and both copies had pages falling out in a first read through. DH usually does great hardcovers, but getting stuck with two faulty books makes me wonder

Amazing print, well done.

And just for fun my wall of art prints. Signed Wrightson Frankenstein. Signed Sienkiewicz Dracula and Brides. Signed Sean Phillips Robert Mitchum.

Attached: IMG_20190910_194057.jpg (3968x2976, 3.24M)

Not stellar. No pages are falling out but you can just feel how weak the spine is

Okay so it's just a badly made book. Shame Skin is so hard to find a physical copy of, I've already got all the Freakwave and Paradox stuff in floppies

Awesome

What's with all the Dragonball double triple quadruple dipping, you freak?

the absolute MADMAN!!!

Attached: file.png (730x298, 96K)

>Biblioteca Marvel
Shit man, never thought id see someone else who owned thos books.

Attached: 18765938_1413382545417078_9212602213864575705_n.jpg (235x211, 9K)

Putting it in alphabetically?

The only double dip is the full color. The rest of the series is a mix of the singles and viz bigs. So DB goes single volumes 1-3, then VizBig 2-5. Then "Z" there was no separation of the stories in Japan is VizBig 1-3 and then single volumes 10-26

An user should make our own board: shelf chan.

I feel ashamed to admit I haven't bought a trade of any sort in months, ever since I started getting into floppies again.

comics is comics

Well shitty comics deserve shitty editions I still like them

eye twitched envy

I don't go to ebay to shop for comics much...mainly cause I know there is too much to tempt me there, especially on expensive OOP stuff. But I've been eyeing this up all day.

Attached: first-born-broken-trinity-deluxe_1_804d8b254cc7a6ff27d4d928b0b458fd.jpg (810x1080, 170K)

I dunno what to make of Slott's FF. I've been pulling the floppies, and the last 4 issues have been all over the place. Issue 11 was fantastic (hehe). Issues 12 and 13 were boring and could easily have been a single issue. Issue 4 was spectacular and had more in it than some writer's decompressed 6 issue arcs. The guy is so bipolar.
I was thinking about dropping it after that lousy Hulk 2 parter but my god was #14 incredible.

Issue 14 was spectacular*

it's inconsistent but mostly good IMO. I think with the Hulk arc he was just reaching the end of his first round of Ben Grimm wank and now he can start to explore some of the other characters more and that's why it's better again.

Yeah, I just thought the story could have been easily told in a single issue. I also really didn't appreciate that issue 12 was a 5 dollar issue with a garbage Future Foundation story stuck in the back that no one asked for.
I'm gonna keep with the run because when it's at its good it's one of the best comics coming out of the big 2.

It was weird that the whole Young Guns thing was hyping up Kuder on FF and by the time that booklet came out he was off the book

Just finished Emerald Dawn and Emerald Dawn 2 for the first time and man that was great. Trying to read Hal Jordan's story, but do I really have to read Zero Hour? Keep hearing it was bad most of time.

Yeah I would have loved him to stay on the book but it wasn't meant to be. He's going to be on the upcoming Ghost Rider relaunch. We'll see how long that lasts

The first couple issues are pretty fucking bad because they continue a terrible fucking event no one liked (Armageddon 2001). Once Hal starts doing stuff, which is around the 3rd or 4th issue it picks up.

Make sure to read Emerald Twilight for that sweet sweet hero-gone-crazy kino

Here's all the interesting stuff I've received in the post since last thread. Got a few Dark Horse hardcovers on the way that should be here soon, so I'm excited for those.

Also, realistically what are the chances of the first two Avengers omnis getting a reprint anytime soon?

Attached: IMG_1547.jpg (3132x2448, 1.54M)

Damn, that sounds disappointing, but will just try to speed through the couple issues then to get to issue 3/4. Thanks for the info.
Definitely plan on it and can't wait. Surprised I never grew up with Hal, but only John Stewart (not that I mind him) and starting to understand why people enjoy him.

I assume you like Stewart from the Justice League cartoon? Be warned that his comic book counterpart is a much lamer character

Avengers have never been popular before so I expect they won't do a reprint anytime soon.

>Also, realistically what are the chances of the first two Avengers omnis getting a reprint anytime soon?
Anytime soon? Hard to say. But I assume that just about every Silver Age omnibus will be reprinted *eventually* because those creators had terrible deals and are almost all dead.

Yes and is it because he's barely around so much?

Did they finally put out Akira in the non-flopped format?

where have you been, it's been out since 2017

No it's because he's a wet blanket that is usually brooding about the planet he accidentally blew up

This looks like a job for Superman!
*bump*

I got this on the post yesterday. Thanks to the user that recommended me "The Essential Warren Years" I have been enjoying it a lot.

Also bought this, I should be getting it next week:
> The Goon Bunch of Old Crap Vol. 1
> Immortal Hulk Vol. 4
> The Black Monday Murders Vol. 1 & Vol. 2

Attached: 09092019.jpg (1600x696, 61K)

Bump

Bumping

Most recent arrivals

Attached: 20190911_115722.jpg (2896x2896, 1012K)

And full shelves

Attached: 20190905_205737.jpg (2052x2238, 2.87M)

Does Supes have any good comics that aren't ASS or Secret Identity?

Attached: 17532206-25B4-498A-BFD1-7EB0EC35B780.jpg (3036x4048, 1.22M)

Inspired by the recent Cerebus storytimes I went and bought Cerebus Zero. It was actually really funny.

Superman for All Seasons
Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?
For the Man Who Has Everything
His appearances in Hitman and Hitman/JLA

Attached: 1275930943662.png (167x251, 56K)

Hey now
You're an All Star

I have a friend who is similar but with Jerry Maguire VHSs that me and his friend keep giving him more constantly.

not much, but the month isn't over yet

Attached: 20190911_151213.jpg (2048x1232, 1.16M)

>Shade the Changing Man
Will never be collected in full because DC sucks. Why do you hurt me by reminding me of things like this?

amazon e-mailed me saying it's gone to october-november

i apologize. breathe, and have some cuteness as amends

Attached: 1135878326223.jpg (1129x1932, 326K)

I guess that's a pretty good apology. Enjoy your Milligans.

Recently picked up X-men Grand design because of ed Piskor like 2 weeks ago

Haven’t read it yet

Been thinking of getting Bone but don't know which version to get.
The best format would be the three hardcover full-color volumes but they're only a thing in my country and not in English.

>Pantha
wow...two of us got that in the past month? I'm really surprised. I enjoyed it quite a bit

>kex

I really need to assemble something like this in my attic for a future tenant to discover with confusion.

Is Miracleman really that good? Are the three Moore volumes worth getting and having in a collection or should I just read them online?

They're some of my favorites ever but the original colorings are horribly oop and marvels re-released recolors are fuck awful. Plus there's a few censored lines. Read online and if you like it seek out the originals.

Yes, it's very good. Read it online though. The new coloring sucks shit

The collections are really stupid because they're like 50% comics and 50% pointless filler material, in my country Miracleman was released as a single hardcover and that's great, but the three volumes are just plain stupid. Just read it online.

RASL colored is good and it was something Jeff Smith set out to do, Bone's coloring was a publisher demand and Jeff Smith had nothing to do with. Get Bone B&W IMO.

But the coloring looks really good.

Damn, didn't expect Marvel to fuck up that hard. Only found the Hachette and Panini versions on booksetc but I assume both are reprints... I'll probably end up reading them online. Thanks guys!

I think I might have lost the passion for trades. What do I do

Buy something else.

Get floppies and complete a run

Having read both versions I would get the black and white one, it looks amazing. I thought the colored version looked bland/boring

But you can see the next page through the white spots on the B&W version.

Okay so what about hardcover or softcover? Does the softcover actually hold up?

Waifu pillows

convince more people to buy it when they try to reprint it for the fourth time

WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON MY SHELF?!

Weekly haul. The Batman: Damned Hardcover has a weird slipcase on it, like wax paper.

Attached: 20190911_120254.jpg (3840x2160, 3.43M)

Yeah that's what I've kind of switched to. It is kind of letting me get arts and crafts too.

My waifu doesn't have a pillow

Slow week. I could have sworn I had more to pick up.

Oh hey, someone else is buying BH/JL.

Attached: PhotoPictureResizer_190911_140914372_crop_3756x1911.jpg (3756x1911, 1.57M)

Not really, only on big white pages where there next page has a lot of black. On most pages you can't see through them.

Received this page today featuring everyone's favorite characters, Xeen Arrow and Xeen Lantern.

Attached: 20190911_151922a.jpg (4032x3024, 2.94M)

Keked and Shrekt

Wow, nice. Loved that issue.

I saw a pic of it here (it probably was you who posted it) and it looked pretty cool. I haven't read anything yet but I opened it and the art looks really good

How much

I don't understand why people here like Green Lantern.

Lots of brainlets who like to see things go pew pew on this board.

I need a bookshelf. Please recommend me a bookshelf.

Anything that isn't a box or a wire crate will do. Hell, I use a box.

That doesn't describe The Green Lantern.

Yes it does

Oh right, silly me.
They think real hard, then punch each other with glowing fists.
Mind-boggling stuff.

Morrison's run isn't like that. What are you even talking about?

Well, they aren't wrong.

About Morrison's run, the one that page is from and that I referred to specifically? Yes, they are.

He kills aliens and doesn’t afraid of anything

You know, something I never got was why those vertical glass cases buyfags on Yea Forums use never caught on among comic/book collectors. It'd be a lot easier to display the best parts of a collection without needing a new bookshelf.

>vertical glass cases
Does someone have the hellboy statue picture?

blessed image

Attached: dany.jpg (821x833, 41K)

speaking of such

Attached: ghost rider destroys marvel history.jpg (895x1196, 274K)

Attached: ghost rider kills.jpg (457x711, 77K)

Ah. It was ghost rider, not Hellboy.

/Comics/ would be full of MCU vs DCEU "discussion" let's be honest Yea Forums may be shit but it is the only decent comic community

/comics/ would just be Yea Forums but better. The thread you make about obscure comic #123 would stay in the catalog longer, it would have time to grow roots, instead of being bumped off the catalog because of a new pedophile thread about their favorite cartoon waifu or some bullshit.
Yeah you'd still have movie stuff but at least that's tangentially comic related . Cartoons and comics on the same board makes as much sense as film and literature having the same board

CollectedEditions is okay if you don't mind literal boomers.

then your waifu needs bigger breasts

there's a regular there who was born in 1948 or something

Flat is justice user.

Because if you're in the 20~~28 year range GL was the hottest superhero run around the time you were 14.

I remember a Cabs thread where some guy said he saw the original in theaters

beautiful!
why is it harder to understand than any other superhero? plus constructs lead to interesting visuals.

It's always just a hand or a bank safe.

get the fuck out of here Boxman!

Attached: box man.jpg (182x268, 8K)

read Kyle GL

Which run would that be?

I hate these motherfuckers. If I see another Steven universe thread again I'm going postal on myself. Yea Forums without these fucks would be like a slower /vr/

Communities are made by the people, even in some horrible sites like reddit or discord there may be some good ones, we could make of Yea Forums a better place if we started to push for the threads we want to see.

Warning: comics

Attached: comix.png (728x584, 93K)

As someone who has used this board for 8 years, it's never going to happen. The best we can do is maintain an enclave, which is what this is.

>Hell, I use a box.
take a hike, boxman

Attached: mou gun.jpg (413x550, 64K)

>Yea Forums without these fucks would be like a slower /vr/
That would be great. /vr/ is a terrific board.
My advice would be to build up your filter game. You gotta head canonize your own comic board.

Attached: file.png (260x95, 4K)

Why is no one talking about the Silver Surfer Omnibus reprint?

Just read that Ken Garing's GOGOR has been cancelled at Image, damn shame. The issue orders weren't enough to keep it going for the planned ten issues;
media.comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/DeadpoolWeddingFinal.jpg

That shit really bums me out. Garing deserves a much wider audience then he gets, but how is that even possible when you can't even get your creator-owned book past five issues? It doesn't seem like Image did much marketing on their end though (I also recall only discovering his previous series Planetoid through Yea Forums).

It seems like things aren't as easy at Image anymore, I know Fairlady was cancelled prematurely for the same reasons as was another arc of Near Death. I hope the publishing model changes to a trade-orientated one soon instead of this constant reliance on floppie hustle

As someone who's been here an entire decade, I can doubly verify that it's never going to happen. Trust me when I say I have tried.

On that note - do you guys use any other communities to talk about comics? For me it's just CollectedEditions forum (mostly for archival collections etc.), the Back Issue Magazine FB group (also just boomers but still) and Cartoonist Kayfabe's social media channels

which one??? stan lee/john buscema??? holy shit!

Welp, wrong link;
kengaring.blogspot.com/2019/09/gogor.html

That sucks. I was going to look into Gogor.
Did Fair Lady even make three issues? Jesus.

>do you guys use any other communities to talk about comics?
I browse /r/comicbooks when I'm on the toilet but I've never posted nor intend to.
Those people are so damn lame. At least it's always comic related, I guess.

Someone recommend me some Kyle GL comics

The Parallax View issues are fantastic.

Dark Horse Justice League? I'm very confused.

I think Fairlady was allowed wrap up in five issues at least, they weren't gonna just pull the plug on it that early

It's pretty shit, but I learned the mods are finally implementing a tag system so you can at least filter out all the non-comics threads (i.e. 80% of the sub)

>It's pretty shit
Oh it's super shit. Every third thread is someone saying
>hey I'm new to comics please recommend me stuff
Which is cool, hey, potential new fans of the medium. But do these fuckers not have the ability to google? The infinite resources of the internet at your disposal and they all just want to be spoonfed the same 5 comics, one of which is invariably Jason Aaron's Thor.

/r/comicbooks cannot shut the fuck up about Jason Aaron's Thor. They'll bring it up in threads that have nothing to do with it. They think it's not only the best Thor run ever but one of the best comics ever. I just don't get it. It's a fine comic, but what the fuck man. Jason Aaron's Thor Jason Aaron's Thor Jason Aaron's Thor Jason Aaron's Thor Jason Aaron's Thor Jason Aaron's Thor Jason Aaron's Thor Jason Aaron's Thor Jason Aaron's Thor Jason Aaron's Thor Jason Aaron's Thor Jason Aaron's Thor AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

Reading that post was kind of sad, if it gets a trade I'm definitely going to buy it.

>Do you visit other sites?
I sometimes browse r/comicbooks but since I don't find the topics interesting I never participate, I go to the comic side of Twitter but avoid the drama and just look at art and shit, also I'm in some discords overall I think I'm fine.

>GOGOR has been cancelled at Image
I did not like that book at all, and I try to give a lot of number 1's a good chance but that turned me off and I barely even finished issue 1. It just seemed so empty. I do think it's good Image has been pulling back a bit, they need to allow people to discover the good books rather than flood the market like Marvel.

I got the two Hellboy books I've been waiting for. Ordered from bookdepository. They have yet to manhandle my books. Only a very minor bend in a corner of the latest one.

What are some horror comics with monsters? Like lovecraftian monsters not vampires or whatever.

Inb4 swamp/manthing

Attached: 065BB8E2-D31C-4874-9B8B-307086321EC2.jpg (250x336, 59K)

Looks like black hammer and JL did a crossover

Hellboy should kinda counts.

Vampires are neat

I have the two first HB trades already

I suppose

New shit 1/2

Attached: new.jpg (1936x1936, 1.01M)

2/2

Attached: new 2.jpg (1936x1936, 992K)

Franken Fran
Afterlife with Archie
Hellblazer
Sandman
Creepy/Eerie
Tales from the Crypt
Harrow County

Go look into the Lovecraft adaptations Richard Corben did for Marvel, the horror comics Don Heck did are quite nice, Bernie Wrightson Frankenstein is a must and I'm recommending the Monsters of Pre Code Comics with a big warning that the stories itself are solid but the compensation to the artist that did them is inexistent.

Joelle Jones is such a kickass artist, especially when paired with Laura Allred. But man.. not a good writer.

>By no vampires or whatever
I assume he means no universal monsters like Frankenstein or Werewolf By Night

That’s correct. I’d rather read a comic about some horrible space monster than a universal monster

Just read the Ron Marz stuff.

>Monsters of Pre Code Comics
The fuck does this mean

Been starting to read some Red Sonja, the 2005 She-Devil with a Sword seems to be good so far, the Mike Carey stuff is great. Is the Roy Thomas stuff good too?
I had hoped Jordie Bellaire would do good with that book, but that first issue was blande as hell.

>but that first issue was blande as hell.
Colorist to writer is a hell of a transition

Horror comics basically stopped publishing after the CCA and you can get pre CCA comics now

Well, which ones do you recommend?

Yes, the Roy Thomas stuff is good. He helped create Red Sonja and wrote her stuff from the 70's. The book I got his him returning to the character.
>>but that first issue was blande as hell.
I thought that it was an alright set up. Hopefully it will get more exciting.

Attached: Red_Sonja_Vol_1_8.jpg (400x603, 101K)

Hail Satan and hail yourself

I dunno senpai I’m .

based I like Robyn Hood and Katy Keene
dunno about X-Men stuff, spandex looks lame

Robyn Hood wears spandex though

Attached: robyn hood.jpg (674x1024, 164K)

Here's a recent shelf pic I stitched together. There's more stuff I might post later. Sorry for the quality.

Attached: shelf_thread jpeg.jpg (3285x4178, 3.59M)

Love the Red Rocket 7 Hardcover, how much did it set you back? Also that Dial H hc looks nice. I’d say we have similar tastes in comics. Is inhumans a hardcover copy?

>Druuna
>Ekho
BASED
what's Traume?

Disregard the MLP book. I got that for free. Here's some Hellboy, not all of the Hellboy I own though.

Attached: Shelfie jpeg.jpg (4156x1644, 1.14M)

>I got that for free
ya and you still put it on your /shelf/.
hand over your card

Attached: file.png (188x200, 55K)

It's the Muse books. Celia special edition book and the Coraline by Dodson, but in german. I think I got them before the english release?

Well since they are anthologies there are some good and bad stuff in all the volumes I have read the ghosts and mummies ones and they are great, the scans are a bit wonky sometimes though

But it's laminated! I had to wait two weeks to get it! Couldn't really get a good pic here.

Attached: IMG_20190912_034637.jpg (4160x3120, 3.38M)

And there you can also see some manga which I assure you that there is more of.

I assure you, I can see nothing on that /shelf/, if that is indeed what you say it is.

Is that the Ayami Kojima artbook I see to the left there?

Good taste.

The only thing I've bought recent is Todd Gurney's color and light, but I figured I show my shit off. 1/4

Attached: IMG_20190911_214721.jpg (4032x3024, 3.36M)

2/4 the goji gang

Attached: IMG_20190911_214655.jpg (4032x3024, 3.59M)

Good eye since the picture is crap. Maybe I should try taking a new one since some people can see nothing.

3/4 I mostly have art books, maybe I should start grabbing some hard cover comics.

Attached: IMG_20190911_214730.jpg (4032x3024, 3.27M)

About 4 months into buying and reading comics, how am I doing?

Attached: IMG_20190911_191925.jpg (4032x3024, 3.95M)

There we go.

Attached: IMG_20190912_045411.jpg (4160x3120, 3.8M)

Very solid except for civil war

>Kali uchi

Attached: giphy.gif (273x415, 715K)

Vol 1 of the Spawn Origins tpbs got a reissue in May this year, just in case you didn't know.

>Swamp Thing
>Preacher
>Hellblazer
>Sandman
>Suicide Squad
Good picks user, did you like the first tpb of the Fraction/Aja Hawkeye?

really good for only 4 months in. Look forward to seeing it continue to grow.

>dat charizard
kek. poor lil fella

Civil War is an entertaining read if you don't consider it in main continuity. But I also like the following status quo change for Avengers too.

We all start somewhere. Welcome to the hobby
Just make sure to read everything you can. Don't let anyone on Yea Forums tell you what not to read. Read (online for free, of course) and decide what YOU like. Buy what you like

Attached: 15682571611783994794357689442281.jpg (4032x3024, 3.48M)

I only trust /shelf/

/shelf/ is a good source. We're all reasonable grown men. Yea Forums at large will be a pretty bad influence and do a sickening amount of gatekeeping. If I only read the stuff Yea Forums "allowed" me to my /shelf/ would be a /stack/.
Basically just read everything. It's the only way you'll know what what, and where to go next.

sometimes i just pick hings up at used book stores cause they're cheap
based
that actually is helpful
yeah I did, saw the next 2 books at zia for like 5 bucks each so i'll probably pick them up this weekend

Making my way into some of the non-cape recs I’ve seen people talking about on here and they’ve all been pretty great so far. Got OCB at my Lcs for cover price and the Daredevil Masterworks HC because it was $10 so why not. Also have DMZ book 1 coming in the mail and I’m really looking forward to reading all of that as well.

Attached: A19BDFE1-0EC2-4318-9354-7E0F9BF6B8B4.jpg (4032x3024, 2.95M)

Stupid mobile posting always uploading sideways

There

Attached: fixed.jpg (4032x3024, 2.95M)

Toy shelf too if anyone's interested

Attached: IMG_20190911_201534.jpg (4032x3024, 3.89M)

user...

Botchamania

Shoot landscape, it'll end up right side up when you post

Went to a local convention and got a awesome drawing of Hawkman by Alcatena. For those unaware of him, the guy worked on Batman with Chuck Dixon, Flash and does a lot of work for Italy.

Attached: 1539000422687.jpg (3120x4160, 3.69M)

I chortled heartily.

you aren't the guy who makes hawkman threads every day are you

kek
No, that guy really hates him

Attached: 1549905872324.jpg (461x622, 45K)

Why are you telling me to do this? You told me the same thing about Ostrander's books too. I'm just one guy and nobody likes me, how am I supposed to convince anyone?

why do you have those two male dolls having sex in the back?

they're wrastlin

Its undertaker giving HHH a tombstone, wrestling usually boils down to 2 guy desperately trying not to have sex most of the time though

There's no way that the person who makes 4+ Hawk threads a day actually likes him, especially since half the time the threads are making fun of him

oh. so he's the tommy of hawkman

oh...sure, if that's what you call it buddy.
oh ya, this kind of wrestling then youtube.com/watch?v=D2keIfaPHgw&t=85s

>reading Red Sonja & Vampirella meet Betty and Veronica
>Betty and Veronica just accept that RS & Vampi are vampire hunters from another dimension
Dynamite makes for great reading because they just don't care. They lean into the crazy and make it work for them.

that's also pretty standard for archie comics. anything goes

does it get better after the first issue

it might literally be that guy. When the Hawk stuff gets posted, the Doom/Namor stuff takes a break

What are some good erotic comics?

Attached: 1555020187579.png (788x699, 21K)

i dunno, tommy is staunchly pro-DC and anti-Marvel, doesn't make sense for him to go after DC

that's just Amy Chu, she just sucks the life out of anything she touches

I'm not sure who figured out that highschool kids make good crossover fodder, but that man was onto something.
I'm mostly into it for the concept, but eh, it's pretty standard Dynamite. It's entertaining, if nothing else.

Ghita of Alizarr by Frank Thorne, it's S+S with sexual overtones.

yeah you could stick the riverdale gang into any situation and no one would blink

Attached: file.png (250x384, 219K)

>Ironwood (by Willingham of Fables fame
>Sunstone (Swing to a lesser extent)
>Druuna
>pretty much anything Manara
>Sex by Joe Casey
>The Jade Door (old Chinese erotic tales told in comic form)
>Celluloid by Dave McKean (some really trippy sex in this, but it's really fucking good)
>I Roved Out In Search of Truth and Love (extremely Hardcore sex)
>most Rothic Comic, these are all softcore and more mythic tales
>Crepax stuff about Valentina
>Quadrant

Attached: ironwood.jpg (450x694, 104K)

Sunstone
Nana to Kaoru (will never be released in English probably but damn do I love it)

give me your pusy now

>pretty standard Dynamite. It's entertaining, if nothing else.
I wonder why everyone has such a low opinion on long running comic characters

to be fair, Dynamite was doing just trash for about 5 years when they stripped their iconic characters of their costumes and were doing stupid stuff like while runs of Red Sonja in the modern world. But these last two years they've gotten back on track and are doing good stuff again

Attached: elvira 4.jpg (1041x1600, 439K)

I don't have a low opinion of long-running characters. I just expect Dynamite to be the comic equivalent of 1950s monster movies.

Hey, I'm this user. I want to get into Sandman, but I know there are a few version out there. Some are annotated, there's an omnibus, I think an absolute? What's the best version to get?

Attached: 1500429101595.png (600x600, 143K)

Some of those were quite good

got the money to burn? Absolutes. Want Cheeper? Omnis. Too heavy? Slipcase

Care to extrapolate?

So, you don't recommend a best version? Because I want a definitive experience.

I do, the Absolutes are fucking gorgeous books, some of the nicest bound books you will ever find on the market. But they are extremely expensive, only you can judge how much you want to spend

how is the recolor in the Absolutes?

If it's your first time reading it, or you've never seen the originals, then you might not even notice it being different.
The originals were definitely more surreal looking, but the recolors match what the series was looking like by the end.

Attached: Sandman 04-22.jpg (986x1516, 354K)

Attached: SM-04-021.jpg (1920x2951, 2.59M)

Attached: Sandman 04-08.jpg (986x1516, 386K)

Attached: SM-04-008.jpg (1920x2951, 3.89M)

Top one looks way better. Is that the original?
Likewise with this. Top one looks way better.

Top is older and bottom is the newer (seems rather obvious desu)

Reading aims for this year (I'm a graduate now, but September always feels like a new start): Finish Sandman and Hellboy, start Swamp Thing.

Moving from house to house means I don't really have a solid "shelf" yet - but I'm looking forwards to it. Definitely leaning towards the more horror side of things vs the Big Two capeshit.

>reading Sandman before Swamp Thing
I don't understand

Swamp Thing was shit

But it's Alan Moore's best work.

That's not saying much

What impels a man to turn contrarian?

Does 'I roved out' have a story worth merit? Or is it just messy porn cover to cover?

I saw a book called "Arkwright Integral" in the library today. 560 pages, hardcover, collects Adventures of Lucas Arkwright and Heart of Empire in it.
I now must obtain this book also. Libraries are dangerous places.

people always cherry pick the hell scenes, and yes I do think the original colours are better. But the recolouring is better in some places, especially on earth. Here are other comparisons from just the first two pages and I think the recolours drastically improve them.

Origional

Attached: Sandman Sleep of the Just #1 - Page 2.jpg (995x1520, 370K)

recoloured. It's more realistic colouring...which isn't always better, but rather than just being a washed out blue were you can't really tell the difference it is clearer. In the background on the right, the original has a hard break that makes so sense at all, and the recolour blends it And....why is the house purple in the original?

Attached: The Sandman - Preludes and Nocturnes V1 (2010) - Page 13 recolour.jpg (1920x2951, 1.01M)

Original

Attached: Sandman Sleep of the Just #1 - Page 3.jpg (999x1521, 350K)

recolour.. Again, mostly clarity here. You can't even notice there is a butler in the back by the bookshelf in the original, or if you do he looks more like a statue cause he is coloured like the furniture This page is more of a split bag for me though, because the original is more dramatic despite having some obvious flaws..

All I mean to say is with Sandman the recolouring isn't as bad as many other books, and that some of it improves on the origional.

Attached: The Sandman - Preludes and Nocturnes V1 (2010) - Page 14.jpg (1920x2951, 1.13M)

the main story moves at a snails pace and most of it happens around the main character cause she is too busy fucking to be bothered with something so lame as a plot. the main plot SEEMS interesting but it's only obliquely addressed most of the time, the hot elf is more involved in it. I think it's neat but ya, it's mostly porn.

I've been working my way through Sandman since 2011! I have read the first volume of Swamp Thing, but I'll wait until I've wrapped these epics up.

I'm also desperate to check out the Invisibles.

>since 2011
How is this possible? It's not a long series or hard to find.
Were you lost in space?

Libraries are BASED and can sometimes be tempting. But not nearly as wallet breaking as watching some youtube channels with rares, OOP books, or Absolutes.

>watch hour-long videos of guys showing off their collections
>I WAND ID
Yes, it's awful but also wonderful.
Should I buy the Kingstone Bibles?

Exactly. Her Catwoman looked great. LOOKED.

megustalations

I won Red Rocket Seven in an auction. Signed by the Allreds. 30$.

Dial H is super good. China Mieville should write more comics.

And yeah its a hardcover of the Paul Jenkins/Jae Lee run. Great stuff.

>My War Gone By
Great taste user

I'm not even sure desu - I was pretty young when I started so a lot went over my head. I might go back to the start and power through it.

they really loved purple back then. There's loads of it in Hellblazer too

I just can't stand the digital gradients over the more classical artwork.

That's fucking awesome

My favorite thing Ennis ever did by a large margin. Fury has always been my favorite marvel character anyways but this story is just tops

What are some Fury stories outside of Ennis and Steranko?

nobody cares about them

Are books like A Contract With God or Maus actually still good reads or are they just "important"?

A Contract with God is still a really good read, the art and lettering are top tier.

Ah, I see you have the same shitty Blood Ravens omnibus I got. I literally use that as a sleep aid for restless nights

meant for

not much, my shelf is mostly warhammer books right now

Attached: shelflife.jpg (1280x960, 400K)

Is it a waste of money/shelf space to go whole hog and get all the Spider-Man Epics? Does Amazing ever get bad, pre-second-clone-saga? I do want to read the Michelinie stuff with Venom and Carnage.

does anyone know if Kirby's Eternals are getting a reprint? with the movie being announced and all.

>Does Amazing ever get bad, pre-second-clone-saga?
Not to my knowledge, no. There might be some silly and dumb stuff along the way, but I wouldn't say that it ever gets bad before the second clone saga.

I hop off with 350
Nothing announced yet, but it's almost guaranteed that stuff gets reprinted/recollected.

They recently released a True Believer edition of #1 (which I bought), but that's about it for now.

Nick Fury vs SHIELD is fun. That's basically all you can hope for outside Ennis and Steranko

It was 50p in a charity shop. It'll go back someday if it's awful. All those Eve/WH/WW2 books were charity shop finds, actually.

I really wanted to like this comic but I just think I really dislike war comics as a genre.

>

Anyone know about this? First I've heard of it being cancelled

>reading the new 52 jla
>first 5 issues are a whole arc
>next 2 are chapters 2 and 4 of a crossover with nothing to tell you what happened

Real talk here. I saw people mentioning the Kingstone Bible a couple of times in the last few threads. Did some research and there's also the Action Bible which is dirt cheap. Should I buy one of the two? Which one is better?

wheres it at in that pic?

welcome to early New 52. They only had like two line-wide events in six years, but they had constant crossovers within the same families of books.
Fucking Justice League Dark had a crossover with I...Vampire like 4 issues in.

Slowly getting there with my Judge Dredd Complete case files shelf. Would have had the last 6 but this last couple months I've just been getting smashed with bills and other expenses.

Is that the aquaman crossover?
Just skip it. Or buy the aquaman trades, John's run was genuinely one of the fee good things about 52.
Although I liked Animal Man, Frankenstein agent of Shade and Morrisons action comics so, you know.

Attached: IMG_20190912_131239.jpg (2592x1944, 1.35M)

no its trinity war
>Skipping throne of atlantis
no that was good

Nothing as bad as almost all the Superman titles getting sucked into H'el on Earth or how irrelevant the Night of the Owls and Death of the Family Tie-ins were also remember how the Gray son of Gotham never mattered?

I have made a lot of purchases of comics, it seems no one on a /shelf/ thread even likes comics that aren’t in book form.

you can post any format you like here. floppies, omnis, doesn't matter

like, 60% of the first 20 issues of the Green Lantern books were all crossovers.
>Rise of the Third Army
>Lights Out
>etc

>Is it a waste of money/shelf space
>mentions comics
pick two

wow they really fucked up those Dredd. spines didnt they?

I wanted to read Johns' GL but all those crossovers are a big no for me

Why do you people buy Statues?

I rarely see any other than the books desu

I see floppies and statues here all the time

I recently read those three and they stood out. Especially the inhumans which made me want to read more Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee combo

Lurk moar.

Probably cos they're not as aesthetically pleasing, so people either don't buy em or don't bother photographing em

Personally I'm dwindled my pull list down to 2 titles, and I'm currently trying to purge most of my issue-runs that have been collected since

>aesthetically pleasing
That's the sole reason why I buy any floppies

What? Did you even browse *this* thread?

Attached: think hard.jpg (300x410, 234K)

I buy like 4+ floppies a week, but most of the time I'm too lazy to post 'em.

Same. I read and boxed mine before this thread showed up and was too lazy to dig them out

what would you prefer? people posting magazine strips they cut out?

that's just you being stubborn, the background in the first page is terrible, there is no reason for the sudden change of colour, it's completely arbitrary and objectively bad. The gradient at least keep the page together instead of having a random break in the page.

>objectively bad

Attached: retard computer.png (600x743, 332K)

yes, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?

Attached: Sandman Sleep of the Just #1 - Page 2 (2).jpg (225x492, 40K)

Wrong.
Name 25 better comics than Watchmen.

>Name 25 better comics than Watchmen.
Archie
Jughead
Betty & Veronica
Green Lantern
Jackie Cha-
fuck

Floppies are really expensive value wise.

>Name 25 better comics than Watchmen.
ok Boomer
>8-bit Theater
>Legend of the Stick
>Penny Arcade
>SMBC
>Kill 6 Billion Demons
>OGLAF
>Sexy Losers
ok, that joke went on enough, all the webcomic I can think of are Boomer ones anyway

I can give you 28
Doomsday Clock 1-12
Mister Miracle 1-12
Heroes in Crisis 1-6
Don't take the bait pls

you forgot one

Attached: GibbonsVenomVariant.jpg (988x1500, 182K)

I feel like my indecisiveness of which version to read has put me off a thorough read of the series for years. Personally, neither are fantastic. They should just do a B&W edition at some point like they do with all evergreen DC classics

In the end the different coloring isn't going to affect whether you like the comic
You're also supposed to read it as one of your first "serious" comics, if you've been here a while you're probably not going to be impressed

it's pretty moot anyway, unless you are going to track down the old TPBs or read it online you will get the recolours.

just read it, pussy

oh, well. that convinced me

I disagree, the coloring can make or break the artwork, and if the art is ass then I'm just gonna pass.

I'd prolly just track down the UK Titan reprints, they're fairly accessible

I read half of it in scattered pieces back when I was in highschool, but my library only had 2 of the 4 absolutes so I've always wanted to go back and read it fully

superman red son
batman the long halloween
Maus: A Survivors Tale
A Contract With God
Transmetropolitan
Planetary
Usagi Yojimbo
Doom Patrol
Lone Wolf And Cub
Shade, The Changing Man
The Incal
Astro City
Saga Of The Swamp Thing
Nextwave Agents of H.A.T.E.
DC: The New Frontier
Hellboy
All Star Superman
Calvin And Hobbes

just off the top of my head but not a complete 35 book list

>Red Son
>Long Halloween
>better than Watchmen

>Nextwave Agents of H.A.T.E.
hot take: this comic is lame and unfunny

Get the tpbs. Art it's not that good to justify the price.

Their combos are good. Batman Jekyll Hyde and Sentry are both great.

>superman red son
>batman the long halloween
>Transmetropolitan
>Doom Patrol
>Shade, The Changing Man
>The Incal
>Nextwave Agents of H.A.T.E.
None of the comics you listed are better but these aren't even close.

>They should just do a B&W edition at some point
They did.
The Annotated Sandman

No idea what the Action Bible is but the Kingstone trilogy just looks gorgeous.

Ordered:
>Jaka's Story Remastered
>Moon Knight Epic Collection 3
>X-Men Epic Collection 12
>Daredevil Epic Collection 13
>Thor Epic Collection 16
>Martian Manhunter: Son of Mars
>Martian Manhunter: Rings of Saturn
I think it's a pretty good bunch, don't you?

>I think it's a pretty good bunch, don't you?
of course. enjoy

Got excited and got some more.
>Slam Dunk 16-24
>Mob Psycho 100 3
>Judenhass
This is almost too much, but still not enough. I've got September covered now.

Nice. I'm going to order the new x-men epic next month

Slam Dunk is so fucking good. Wish there was more variety of genres in American comics. I love sports

>new x-men epic
Which one is that? Also what's a man to do with tall the X-Men Milestones books?
Yeah, Slam Dunk is pretty amazing.

tl;dr me on Slam Dunk

High school basketball.

Attached: file.png (947x750, 841K)

>Which one is that?
X-Men Epic Collection vol. 17: Dissolution & Rebirth

>Milestones
Honestly I might pick some of them, I don't care much about 90's mutants so that's a nice way of get some important events without having to spend that much.

FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T FUCK IT UP HANAMICHI

Why do you say its pretty amazing then

>Dissolution & Rebirth
Ah yes, the one where you get that image of Wolverine crucified like Conan. I need to get that eventually.
Because it is. It didn't become the 9th highest selling manga of all time on a fluke. And it's about high school basketball.

Man Inoue really improved from his early work. I'm not saying it was bad but the difference it's astounding

Because we've read it. Don't judge something until you have

>that tiny head and long arms
The more I look at that panel the harder it is to stop laughing

Attached: CH ONE.png (407x319, 152K)

Breaks my heart that the only threads on Yea Forums other than /shelf/ that can get over 100 replies are outrage farming/twitter reposting. Fucking hell

Discussing things with sincerity doesn't really work in a post-ironic culture.

>highest selling manga of all time on a fluke
Explain One Piece then

One Piece is pretty amazing too you know.

One Piece is a lot of fun. Get the stick outta your bum

I just don't think the art is any good.
Just look at the errors on this

That was one page, and as someone pointed out, the artist improves as time goes on. Besides, a lot of what makes Slam Dunk so great is the comedy, which isn't totally conveyed in that page.
Read it or don't, I don't really care, but you really shouldn't judge something without reading it, especially in the internet era where everything is available for free a mouseclick away.

Eyeshield 21 is better

It's alright. I went into it with low expectations (I had recently lost faith in manga) and I enjoyed it well enough.
Even in Vagabond his characters sometimes had small heads and huge hands. It's his style.
Most of it is boring or annoying. But the parts that aren't are pretty enjoyable.

Do any of you guys storytime stuff regularly? Whenever I add to my shelf I like to storytime it to get some discussion going.

One Piece is pic related

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

How so? I assume just buying them outright adds up over time then just buying one book.

Literally same. The front page artwork on some issues is amazing.

Maybe posting their comics and not only a shelf of books but I guess I’m being dramatic

yeah, I'm doing cerebus right now over at

I would storytime stuff but frankly all I'd want to do is oddball stuff. Or The Redeemer, because we all need some scourge and purge in our lives.

Not regularly, but I have storytimed much Loki and Balazar and Franco stuff in the past year, and many have bought the JiM omnibus because of my enthusiasm. Buy Agent of Asgard too!

Attached: LokiBump.jpg (2448x3264, 1.62M)

In 8 years I only ever felt compelled to do a single storytime, which was Superman 400. I was really, really disappointed with Action Comics 1000, and I wanted everyone who thought it was good to see what a REAL Superman anniversary issue looks like.

To anyone in here who hasn't read Superman 400, do so. One of the best single issues ever published.

Based Loki fan

Not really.

Oh man, I remember your storytime. That was a good one.

I haven't been able to storytime in a long time, last year I tried to do all of Hellblazer and also some of my favorite horror comics, one day I would like to do all of the Mexi Gwen issues.

Glad you enjoyed it. I'll probably do it again after they fuck up Superman 1000

Transmetropolitan is gold

It's not that good.

Is that an original Loki on top?

Furious someone mentioned/recced Don Heck horror comics cause how the fuck am I gonna find those. I'm the guy who likes his Avengers!

oh muh blah blah Watchmen is the pinnacle. Fuck that, it's no where near the craft of Kabuki

Attached: kabuki1.jpg (666x1024, 338K)

I used to try to save /aco/ with some good adult content...but I kind gave up. I should start that up again, I am thinking of getting a pass but i want toi make sure it will work for 4channel and Yea Forums

Good news, user, there's a small collection of Don Heck's horror comics. But given how short it is, the bulk of his material probably isn't collected in it.

Mexican reprint of JiM 85. But one day user, one day.

Some, if not all, are collected in "Horror by Heck"

Still pretty dope, fingers crossed man best of luck to you.

I used to, but this board is shit and not worth it anymore.

that's something! thanks

>I used to, but this board is shit and not worth it anymore.
Same man, same. This board has really gone down hill.

Yeah, it's upsetting.
I think the new editions of the early volumes changed to go with the others but it's pretty shit for people who bought the early editions.

These arrived today so only waiting on the Predator one to come now. Looking forward to getting stuck into them on the weekend!

Attached: IMG_1563.jpg (2876x2276, 1.72M)

I just think these
are the definition of soul vs soulless.

But hey, maybe I prefer emotive, psychedelic stuff than realism and "clarity" (which is a fucking stupid thing to consider neccesary in Sandman considering the content).

I'm desparately trying not to buy anything until Thought Bubble so I can blow all my cash there instead.

Just fill as many bags as I can carry with cool shit.

Based kabuki obsessed user still at it shilling this mediocre piece of gunk. Now that's determination!

>But hey, maybe I prefer emotive, psychedelic stuff than realism and "clarity"
I sincerely doubt that.

hey people, i rediscovered my Smurf comics on the attic. the weekend is saved!

Attached: 20190913_113451.jpg (2048x1232, 1.1M)

Then more people need to make solid fucking threads. I occasionally make proper threads (NO BAIT) on Yea Forums and Yea Forums and they work out great. Even though I have a hateboner for the MCU past Phase 1, I always try to stay objective and respectful during the discussions instead of lashing out like a massive retard. Most threads go downhill because OPs fuck up in the OP or because they don't lead the discussion like adults. OPs are supposed to moderate threads by asking questions and staying civilised. That's really the key to all discussions here.
Twitter and /pol/ shit should result in an instaban though

Why does everybody have the X statix omnibus? Is it that good? Never read that.

It was really, really cheap that one time so people jumped on it.
Yes it's good. TPBs coming out soon.

What does that mean?

Attached: 1460711190926.jpg (456x384, 67K)

Kaubki-convert here, reminding everyone that there's omnis coming out.

Not him, but I'm and I got mine for less that $40 in 2014. Feels good.

Hot!

Do you have the books? I'm honestly only scared due to the binding. Otherwise, I'd be willing to spend 65 Eurobucks on all three

They're fine. DO IT.

>MechaGodzilla A-poses for intimidation
Amazing

always blows me away when they fuck up something sp simple

It means you use "fancy" words like psychedelic when you actually just have the usual old good, new bad mentality. In actuality, you wonder about how the powers of cape characters work, who pumps the batmobile's tires, where a certain story fits into the history and so on and so forth. I doubt you have much of an idea what "psychedelic" even means and you confuse the fact that they had limited color options back then with an idea that the colorist was just a misunderstood genius trying to be "psychedelic".

>who pumps the batmobile's tires
Isn't it obvious Alfred does that though?

>Dave Sim said today that the Remastered Church & State II is coming out soon
>it was supposed to come out August 28th
WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG YOU LAZY SHIT

too many boxing matches

Nah man, I just feel like the original colourist was clearly going for something and I don't like creative intentions to be replaced by something watered down for "clarity".

I don't know what you're going on about with the Batmobile tires thing though.

I watched a Jeff Smith interview, he's soft and flabby around the midsection, he's the worst possible match for Dave, looks like we're going to have to use THAT

there are other good threads on Yea Forums. I'm kinda surprised there isn't any overlap of /shelf/ and the JSA Storytime threads.

I think you are too obsessed with your IDEA of original colouring rather than the actual colouring. In the second picture the butler is coloured to be furnature, it is made to be a statue and the guest is the exact same colour as the book shelf. That isn't good colouring. There are examples were the recolouring does make it worse but in Sandman that isn't always the case, some pages are better and some are worse. But people are on this board are so obsessed with sounding hip and only liking original colours, they have tricked themselves into only seeing one thing as good.

This board is on a downhill slide for years now and /shelf/ is the only refuge (aside from the occasional storytimes) for mature, considerate discussion

This x1000. Shitty OPs are one of the biggest problems. If the heading post itself isn't leading by example then of course people are gonna join in on the ironic shitpostery, baiting and usual retardery.
I genuinely think mods should've clamped down on template threads back when they first started becoming a regular thing. Any thread that's ever started with 'OH NO NONONONO', 'What did he mean by this' and other low-effort variations has bore nothing but bad fruit. And when so many anons are easily impressionable, it's doubly up to the OP to set the record straight.

Based, see you there and hope you unknowingly swing by my table and pick stuff up

Go read it, it's one of my absolute favorites
>tpbs coming out soon
Source?

kek

You're just proving his point, honestly.

>X-Statix The Complete Collection Volume 1, February 4th, 2020
Use this information. I know you can find confirmation if you truly quest for it.

Hey nice. I've already got the omni but I'm glad it's back in print.

Stop skirting around the issue. Do you think Harold does it then?

I don't so I'm even gladderer than you.
If only DC rode this Milligan wave and put out Shade collections...

The issue is that showing someone pumping the tires to the batmobile is a waste of limited panel time. They're just always pumped. You don't need to show your characters shitting, eating, pissing, you don't have to go into detail exactly what is in Batman's utility belt and how it's ordered, some things just aren't important. Obsessing over shit like that is how you get moronic explanations like how Superman flies.

I guess at this point I'm interested in why you're projecting too much. Are you a colorist?

I like approaching art with the perspective that every creative choice has been done for the best possible reason. Understanding that helps me grow as a creator.

Stuff like recolours or dubs can be enjoyed as their own thing and solid in their own right - the Scott Pilgrim recolours or Gaiman's Mononoke script for example - but the original is almost always much more interesting.

And in this case, much more expressive and "raw" which appeals to my own taste.

I've got a book of Kirby's Thor stories recoloured with modern practises and it just doesn't work with the line-work. It's an attempt to make it more palatable but loses what makes it great.

I don't think anyone with eyes could defend shit like Neal Adams' recolors.

I'm sure there is, but since we are all anons we may never know

>the infinity inc thread just quietly keeps going for three days now and 350 replies

This is the only example I could find - not too bad?

Attached: 2007-12-24_170533_3.jpg (600x733, 113K)

Art is made with limitations at the time, the coloring should be made to stay as close to the original as possible. You wouldn't color a black and white movie or recolor correct an old movie.

The Neil Adams ones are garbage and Marvel used to be bad about recolors (Simonson Thor is the one I remember) but they've gotten better. I thought it would be easier to google examples but it extremely isn't. Anyway here's one
left to right, these are the original, the current digital edition, and the Masterworks reprint

Attached: ff5_a.jpg (1600x772, 436K)

why are you defending ugly, basic coloring

this one might be a little better

i'm sad i don't care about them cause that thread seems nice

Attached: ff5_b.jpg (1512x555, 334K)

They haven't gotten better, the Miracleman recolors were garbage

A lot of the Marvel recolors are completely acceptable to me, maybe people might not like that they're generally brighter but I think by and large they're keeping in the spirit of the original. Stuff like the Sandman and Batman stuff posted in this thread absolutely does not and I don't know why DC lets people fuck around with their books like that.

The Eclipse Miracleman was a recolor. There is nothing about that colorization that is sacred in my mind. Either print it in black and white or do whatever you want with it. Although Marvel did drop the ball and do a shitty job regardless.

Dumb company wars faggot. You're comparing restored art to actual recolors. Both companies do recolors and restorations.

All of Marvel and DC's pre-digital-coloring reprints are recolors by definition. They were originally colored with completely different technology and so all of them had to be completely recolored. Just because a recolor almost perfectly replicates the color scheme of the original comic doesn't mean it's not a recolor.

Only for the issues that were in Warrior which is a minority.

>I don't know why DC lets people fuck around with their books like that.
Adams has major pull. He successfully shamed them for years (with the Superman estate and with poor Bill Finger), so he gets to do whatever the fuck he wants (see Batman Odyssey, Coming of the Supermen, Deadman (2018), and the latest Batman mini), which means re-ink his old work and get his wife to recolor it.

How comfortable are you guys with horizontal stacking? Those manga psychos stack them up all the time, trying to free up some shelf space I'm considering stacking all the SSnyder trades on top of the good Batman shit, but somehow it feels wrong, like it'll bend the spine over the years. Am I being too much of a fetishistic materialistic bitch, even for /shelf/ standards?

>You wouldn't color a black and white movie or recolor correct an old movie.
you actually would

If they're hardcover I wouldn't worry
If they were trades my fear (autism) wouldn't allow me

>Less than 20 posts to go
Don't go please.

I agree, the original colors are a product of it's time and for historical purposes they should be preserved, but if we get restorations and remasters of films I don't see why we can't have the same with comics.

I'd say it depends on the weight of the book

abysmal

Those volumes are the non-flipped, original Japanese sound effects, new translation versions. They're also huge.

amazon.com/Akira-35th-Anniversary-Box-Set/dp/1632364611/

I thought that said "The Mystery of Black People"

has the kabuki omnibus dropped yet?

This thread will die before I get home, so I just want you guys to know my box with the Nausicaa box set and 2-in-1 Gyo came today.
Okay thank you love you guys bye

What is the point in having the sound effects be in japanese? It adds nothing for an English reader.

What is 2-in-1 about it?

The Serpieri stuff, some comics by Riverstone and also Milo Manara's stuff.

Wait, did they redraw Jimmy's face in the new one?

Before the thread dies, is Street Fighter Vs Darkstalkers actually bad? Akuma Vs. Hell #1 made me wanna checkout the other material and the omnibus seems pretty cheap.

As in it's the hardcover of both volumes instead of the individual volumes.

Also, the inking seems to be different in some places, like how Supes arm is more defined and more wrinkles around his mouth.

Adams literally redrew his art. Look at Batman's ear cowl too

they usually add the text effect under the panel, sometimes english sound effects don't look quite right in manga

picked up this bad boy it's huge at 17 inches from end to end. will go great with my batman 66 meets wonder woman 77 poster

Attached: 20190913_144623.jpg (4032x2268, 2.01M)

If the artist drew it, I'd rather it not be changed.

Actually most of the sound effect translations are in a giant glossary in the back of the books.

i was talking about manga in general, sadly i don't have the akira boxset yet but i hope i can get it before it falls oop for the last time

There was literally three posts of floppies