Die

Has anyone read this absolute banger of a book?

Attached: 697FE7EE-2151-46DE-AD15-68D89617882F.jpg (1041x1600, 251K)

Other urls found in this thread:

diecomic.com/teaser/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The art is amazing too

Attached: 9EBB35F9-522F-4F6F-BEDA-AD3295CD6255.jpg (1169x957, 899K)

Hi Kieron, why should I buy your book? What is it about? I really disliked all the stuff you did with the X-men.

Yup,
One of the few books I felt excited to follow.
That said, there is a lot of foreshadowing, it's pretty clear who is and isn't going to make it.

Because it’s not X-men and the story is superb

Is anyone going to attempt running a campaign with their game rules?

Keiron already wrote up a handbook for this specific version. I’m trying to run a campaign with my friends right now

I find everyone in this book so unlikable aside from Sol. Not a single one of those ungrateful douches want to be there and enjoy the world and game he created. Not to mention it's not even about them adventuring. This book is so weird and his bad mouthing of Tolkien just irks me to no end.

i don't read sjw crap

No OP, but there isn't a lick of SJW in this title.
I'm not sure what SJW crap you're referring to, however, the story is awesome if you're a fan of fantasy, RPGs, or dark adventures.

No skin off my dick if you read it.

I loved the first volume and look forward to more.

What’s it about?

A group of kids play a role playing game, which sucks them into another world.
A couple years later they come back with one of them missing an arm, one of them missing altogether, and none of them saying what happened.
Decades later still they're now all adults, when their dice are returned and they must return.

It's cliche sounding as fuck but it does a great job and spinning the usual tropes and plots in a unique and interesting way.
Baller art too.

I might check this out because I love D&D.

So it's basically Wicked and Divine then?

Once you get woke you’ll always be broke.

>Absolute banger
If by which you mean it looks like it was written by someone who's been banging their heads against a shit wall for 20 years, and this shit come out, then yes

Sell me on it. What is it about?

So it's stealth fanfic for that Dungeons and Dragons cartoon?

Ran an intended oneshot last week, got expanded to at least 1 more session. Just finished writing stuff last night.

Made a Majora's Mask homage where the party can repay a God Debt by watching some Cows in a Field overnight, only for The Fair to appear and begin to observe them as well.

If they don't pick a fight, they'll never acknowledge the party. But starting a discussion with them can score some Cybernetic Upgrades, Extra Fair Gold, or a Fallen Resurrection from them.

You don't read X-Men and Green Arrow? I feel sad for you, user.

Nah those European cars beat them to it.

Two Words: Goth Jumanji
Three Words: It meets Isekai

diecomic.com/teaser/

>source: my NPC ass

Kieron Gillen, ever the niche whore learned Tumblr s new fad is Dungeons and Dragons, and so, has swiftly moved on from pop celebrity culture with "my one shtick is designing Cosplay" mckelvieo to try and assembled a hack fantasy pastiche where his one shtick is doing to the RPG genre what the Last Jedi does to Star Wars.

Like, holy shit, at some point he has to gall to say that he condescends to *forgiving* fucking Tolkien for his writing.

But don't expect to get any of that from his garbage though, no, that precious story space is for paragraphs of wordswordswordswords of how you need to check your privilege shitlord, this is a tranny main protagonist, and they've been thoroughly traumatized, don't even ask why, as if it was their job to the emotional labor of explaining it to you.

Now, you go the back of the book and read the giant pages that explain to you how the giant desert section is a Metaphor for the expansion pack DLC of all games in adition to a judeo-christian takedown of shitlord religious culture.

Relax

Attached: b0c.png (411x310, 302K)

It's a "daaaark fantasy"
By which I mean, it shits on fantasy for being so dumb, and every one is sad, cynical or sarcastic, rather than using fantastical tropes to write about serious, dark issues.

>bisexual characters
>REEEE I HATE SJW CRAP
Stop. Go read Superman or something

Yeah like last issue there's the Warlock character, whom we're supposed to care so much about for some reason, (other than the main character repeatedly us we should) where she has to decide between expending the vital resource that her familiar needs to stay alive for another day, or use it instead to help the party stealth away from those Literally Nazis.
She ultimately lets it die and it's supposedly a heart wrenching decision, even though in the future it is a rather casual affair to Ressurect it, and she cries and swears off to never again call it forth because it would just be to let it die again and that would be cruel

And we're supposed to care about this animal that is described as such a part of her, even though all we were introduced to it literally last issue, we never saw any relevant or memorable scenes about either it or it's master, and nothing about the world changes on account of its absence.

Die is bad, amateur writing at its highest, overpaid peak. People should teach Die in schools to present to aspiring artists how *not* to sound like a corporate ass hole

If you say so. This is literally the only thing I’ve read from Kieron and I really like this book.

>stealth fanfic for that Dungeons and Dragons cartoon?
Not stealth at all. He said that was the inspiration for it.

DND meets Jumanji. Group of sad angsty kids get sucked into a dnd campaign and return two years later. 25 years after that they go back to retrieve their friend who was left behind. Very angsty, shits on Tolkien, but also a great read. And hey if you got the balls to shit on Tolkien go for it.

>familiar is the worst written part of the story
>uses familiar as the sole example for why the whole comic is bad.
Whelp you sure sold me

the first issue didn't particularly grab me but you did remind me that I need to see how poorly Wicked+Divine ends

why? Supes is the biggest fag of them all. Bendis bends him over twice monthly.

Learn to write a proper sentence you ignorant pleb.

So nice to meet someone else here who pretty much shares my exact opinion on this book. Kieren is so far up his own ass in this book. Its incredibly pretentious and I'll spirited towards the genre.

Yes and I am shocked by how much I love it

If EVER there were a reason to not be celibate, it's this guy.

>this is a tranny main protagonist

Lol he’s playing a female character, it’s a game

No one is a good enough writer to shit on Tolkien, least of all Kieron. That passage where he talks about how noone reads songs in a book, fuck you, fuck you for being a lazy ass reader and ignoring something that was very important the writer, no wonder his tiny brain cant understand Tolkien.

>unironically still using the term NPC

>unironically knows the term NPC
Get outta here ya fuckin nerd!

Less that he’s not a good enough writer to shit on Tolkien, more so that no writer is beyond criticism, even Tolkien. Plus that criticism came from a character known as “The fool” so context is important here

Yeah exactly my point. Supes is better suited to your tastes

Yeah, I think those who are upset with Kieron for "criticizing" Tolkien missed the point.

The whole book is an homage to Tolkien yet people can’t get past anything bad being said about him

Considering how often Kieron talks about his own dislike of Tolkien often in those back pages, are you implying he admits he is a fool and places his opinion in the mouth of a fool?

Nothing about is an homage of Tolkien, nothing about this is a sincere love and adoration for stories and the language people use to tell them over time.

Worst? No, your Waifu's bullshit isnt the worst example, it's just the latest one.

>Warlock
>Character clearly a Rogue
This is why Yea Forums is shit nowadays

>Book specifically states it folds the Warlock and the Rogue together
>Character story arc is about its Faustian deals with the fey
>Accuses others of not knowing the character is playing a Rogue
>What's a Pact of the Blade
>What's Multiclassing

No, you don't be an ileterate retard

Yes. It’s basically a giant “Unpopular Opinion” tag. He’s at least that self aware.

In order to write a fantasy story you have to pay homage to Tolkien whether you like it or not. It’s like disliking Shakespeare. You still have to utilize the story telling techniques. He just decided to interject his personal criticisms as well. There’s no way he would be able to write this if Tolkien hadnt written lord of the rings and he knows it

Chuck is my waifu, ya pantywaist. Give me another example.

If your waifu is the character whose defining trait is that the more he calls the contents of this book retarded and the less he's made to care about anything in here, the more powerful he gets, then you have already made my point for me.

I just think he’s cute and you’re fun to goad

Also that’s not an example