Why do the good die young, Yea Forums?

Each show was completely sabotaged by its own network. You'd expect this negligence and lack of support from a place like Nickelodeon, but not Disney Channel or Cartoon Network.

Will the pain and injustice never end?

Attached: Eddie Trigueros (Wander Over Yonder), Geneva Hodgson (OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes).png (1667x1224, 2.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

crackmccraigen.tumblr.com/post/140284051144/some-thoughts-on-heavy-serialization),
youtube.com/watch?v=_sW07CB-xtM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shows that last longer have more of a chance of fucking things up
That's why the best shows last two seasons top

>OK KO
>Good

>OK KO
>Bad

Attached: This nigga serious?.jpg (1242x1242, 195K)

Disney almost always gives two seasons right off the bat, the first season on WOY didn’t do great and so its fate was sealed before S2 began airing and the show picked up more popularity.
OK K.O. confuses me though, early on they were airing it a lot, they seemed to like its goofy humor, lack of continuity, superhero/action connection and TV-Y7 rating as in all those ways it was a good match for TTG. Something changed at some point and about the only reasonable hypothesis is that it had to do with the restructuring after AT&T bought Time Warner and the Turner/Warner schism was abolished and everyone at CN now reports to different higher-ups. The shows that have been proposed and ordered for the future skew extremely young, which is something CN never did before, and it seems the network’s vision going forward is for it to be kids only, which isn’t great news for a show with so many esoteric references and stoner-y appeal.

>OK KO
>mediocre?

Attached: Squidward Tortellini.gif (480x360, 2.06M)

>OK KO
>Okay

... K.O.!

Attached: New Student Starfish.png (1440x1080, 1.54M)

Attached: ned_off_model.jpg (260x339, 24K)

>YOU FUCK TILL THE END

Attached: on-screen sex scene in a TV-Y7 cartoon.gif (406x432, 1.33M)

I did not care for Wander Over Yonder.

Attached: freakin' sweet.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Wander >>>>>>>> KO
Atleast Wander was written by people who have actual experience in the animation. industry. I'm just being honest.

Ha Nice

Attached: OK K.E.K.png (720x912, 894K)

>shitty animation
>ugly ass style
>not a single funny joke through the entire fucking show
>zero to no worldbuilding
>premise mostly abandoned in the middle of season 1, turned into a townie show
>protagonist completelly pointless to the show itself
>Enid wanked and basically replaced the kid as the de facto protagonist
>Rad basically left underveloped even though he's supposed to be the main guy best friend
>final villain just wanted to break stuff for fun and got their ass kicked by the fucking robots

>director for venture bros
>becomes storyboard supervisor for Adfenture Time, CN's most popular show at the time, in its peak
>Voice act for his friend's other hit showBravest Warriors despite having little prior experience
>got to make 3 full seasons of his own show
>Direct on his girlfriend's show and movie, CN's current most popular show
>work directly with the creator of his favorite franchise to make an official crossover, with a bunch of his other Sonic autist friends
>do whatever the fuck he wanted with CN's library of characters
>create and air a animated finale for his webcomic on national television
Have some respect for /ourguy/ Ian Jones-Quartey.

Attached: 740917E2-56E6-462A-BD7C-A9E80C8E16D0.png (253x599, 216K)

>i don't know how to watch a cartoon for fun

poor you

Bruh Ian's been in the industry for over a decade

Disney is the only channel anymore who actually gives a shit about older audiences, unless you count Netflix

>which isn’t great news for a show with so many esoteric references and stoner-y appeal.

This gives me concern that Mao Mao will suffer the same fate for not meeting CN's new quota of child friendly standards

>OK HOMO: Let’s be lesbos
>good

Attached: 042CBC23-6D17-419E-8AFD-808A641F2042.jpg (512x512, 19K)

>OK HOMO: Let’s be lesbos
That got BTFO'd in the finale

Attached: b2ljqepu98l31.jpg (1242x691, 65K)

who dat

KO's employees after he takes over the bodega 25,+ years in the future

>zero to no worldbuilding
Is that really a necessity for a good cartoon?

>still having issues with lesbians in the year of our lord 2019
Get a grip, user.

Attached: DF2FA298-3640-42E1-A477-98B393D1E427.jpg (500x500, 47K)

Man, i am so glad for him

It had more episodes than the average Cartoon Cartoon OP

OK K.O.! did not have three FULL seasons, user.

Attached: 2A2F3BDA-F2C4-48F2-BE87-A78060B2220B.jpg (2048x963, 428K)

yeah OK KO basically got the same fate as Flapjack and Chowder

Did Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima even approve the Sonic episode?

Maybe?

Because hell likes to rape little children

>Adfenture Time

When the cartoon keep pretending that is a relevant thing then yes.
>omg I want to be a hero
>omg other heroes
>omg villains
>omg must fight villains
>omg villains are united?
>omg POINT?

Ian is based

Attached: Danny Ducker's Twitter (May 25th, 2017).png (1395x498, 807K)

>Seasons kept getting shorter

why do they look like enid and rad's kids?

Okko sucked though
Harvey Beaks would be a better example of this sort of thing

People don’t like cartoons. They want “animated dramas.”

It isn't. The man is just autistic

I would much rather a show end after 2 good seasons than linger on for 13 really shitty seasons

Attached: 37_7.jpg (1260x800, 159K)

It sure fucking is

Attached: 1537045907697.gif (480x270, 2.37M)

Kofi>OK KO
But kofi shows no signs of life after season 3.

Attached: Kofi-banner-2.jpg (800x553, 122K)

user, you have my respect.

>Also
Where is the season 3 of 12 OZ Mouse?

Attached: 12oz_sandmouse.jpg (1080x608, 111K)

>I don't understand the concept of using tweens and crudely drawn expressions for comedic effect
Why do you want to limit the animation medium so bad, user?

Attached: Enid's Bad Day.png (1526x1080, 701K)

Did...did you watch the show or are you just shitposting?

>I don't understand that overusing crude animation and drawings diminishes their effect and just makes the whole production look shoddy.

Attached: 1537046064952.png (670x376, 388K)

Because they're Enid and Rad's kids

Wonder over yonder was kino, OK KO was mediocre at best and the redeeming quality was vamp mommy.

Attached: 8dd577c4117c4cd31192fb608d301d38ac14db02.png (448x563, 158K)

they're KO's employees when he runs the bodega 25 years in the future, assumed to be Rad and Enid's children since she's canonically bi, not straight les
they're voiced by Ashley Burch and Ian with their roles swapped, Ashley voicing the guy and Ian voicing the girl

>Disney almost always gives two seasons right off the bat
>almost

Attached: 9889C74C-9B50-4656-B8A6-84FC538FF932.jpg (1500x2091, 423K)

>not a single funny joke
Theres no way you watched the finale and didnt laugh at 'eleven'.

You really mean to tell me that Elodie expression you posted isn't prime cartooning at its finest? Plus, said expression gives clear context that KO is supposed to look wonky or off-putting to her after literally INHALING that pizza slice.

Cartoons can be FUN. Please remember that.

Attached: om nom nom.png (249x308, 124K)

Does anybody have the end credits for the last two eps? I don't think the versions that I saw included them.

Attached: It's Only Magic.jpg (1770x1429, 165K)

>dead thread
Looks like the executives were right to cancel these shows. Nobody seems to care about either one of them.

Attached: Another win and another season for Steven.png (1920x1080, 831K)

I like Wander better than OK K.O. but neither of them deserved to die so soon. Harvey Beaks can also be added to this list, it was another "comfy" show but felt much more sincere than every CN show that tried this.

To be fair I'll at least remember flapjack and chowder.

I'm dissapointed you put OK KO in there instead of Pen Zero part time hero

>Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima

Attached: Korath the Pursuer.gif (382x356, 1.12M)

Why did you remind me of my losses user?

Attached: 1557192887016.gif (200x200, 470K)

I've never seen Penn Zero, but it looked like more of your standard Disney XD cartoon FOR BOYZ with meh-tier kiddie humor and a dopey sidekick friend as the forced comedic relief.

Attached: talkin' out of my ass here.gif (500x262, 736K)

pls post moar Wilhamena. that's all i'm here for

Attached: Dan Willy your Bobbie s.jpg (1903x738, 179K)

I liked the villains from that show but that was pretty much it.

It’s probably the “new suit replaces all of the shit the previous suit greenlit and replaces it with shit he greenlights to make it feel like he owns the network” curse.

(1/2) Both shows were treated like garbage, but Wander definitely had the worse of the two.

The show wasn't even SUPPOSED to be simple and episodic; McCracken originally pitched Wander as a serialized show (crackmccraigen.tumblr.com/post/140284051144/some-thoughts-on-heavy-serialization), but Disney held back its potential likely to try and make it compete against SpongeBob. And you can't even really be mad at Disney in this case since Wander probably started full production at the time that Gravity Falls S1 was still gradually growing its audience and making a name for itself. Very few network execs from 2012-2013 knew that lore-heavy shows with story arcs and mystery elements were becoming the hot new thing in TV cartoons, so it's disappointing yet still understandable that they'd be afraid to let Craig try his hand at a serialized show.

Attached: Craig McCracken draws Wander.webm (854x480, 2.33M)

(2/2) Gravity Falls was just a rare miracle. I don't know how a young, 20-something like Alex Hirsch convinced Disney to let him make a half-hour, serialized mystery dramedy as a first-time showrunner. Maybe his pitch was super convincing; maybe his student films were that impressive; who knows? But it can be assumed that the execs were well aware of McCracken's past success with episodic cartoons, so they believed it'd be safer to make a veteran with such a reputation excel at that a third time.

Unfortunately, people were over episodic slapstick cartoons by the end of the 2013, so Wander couldn't catch a break. Craig's vision didn't get to flourish till Season 2, and it was already too late for Disney to push Wander as another "cool serialized show with mystery." It was easier for them to just drop the show and make Star vs their GF successor instead.

I've had ill will toward Disney since the moment I first heard that Wander wouldn't be picked up for another season, but I realize now that it wasn't really their fault. The creator of PPG and Foster's wasn't known for bringing serialized lorefests, and Wander Over Yonder just happened to be made at the wrong time (in the midst of cartoons gearing more toward what Gravity Falls and Adventure Time S4-onward had made more popular). I don't know what the fuck CN was thinking by canceling OK K.O.!, though

Attached: Alex Hirsch takes over Disney TVA.png (716x960, 1.24M)

>the triangle background
>she even colored KO's hair a purplish tint
Bless you, Rebecca~

Attached: Pearl's feet.png (1920x1080, 1.04M)

Attached: D973w1oW4AAyOaV.jpg (1031x766, 83K)

As much as you may not like to hear it, TTGO's humor resonates with kids but OK KO's does not. And both shows are full of references kids wouldn't be old enough to get, so it wasn't that KO focused too much on appealing to older audiences.

OK KO, Wander over Yonder and Harvey Beaks really didn't deserve to be this screwed over but at least they did have satisfactory finales. Most of the longer serialized shows didn't had one so the three already have a very big plus to them.
I never saw penn zero so i can't say about it.
Yes, i loved both Wander and OK KO.

No luck on “Let’s Fight to the End,” but here are the credits for the series finale: youtube.com/watch?v=_sW07CB-xtM

Attached: 560F5AE7-38CE-49E8-8F3F-AAACF814625D.jpg (800x450, 71K)

Notice exactly who sabotaged them first, then see if you can find out why they did it. I'll give you a hint: both culprits were women who had a show coming up.

Is it meant to have no sound besides the distant talking in the backgroud coming from probably the guys who worked on the show?
Genuine question, headphones are starting to die i think, and normal speakers aren't in that much of a good shape either.

For these reasons I would hope that CN does the right thing and either releases OK KO to another network, or for Ian to just be able to work on it independently as like a web series, or for them to move it to adult swim. If kids really don't resonate with it and its not giving them tje TTG numbers that they want to see, then capitalize on the audience it works with instead of leaving it for dead.

Also I would bet that this is another "NFL is losing viewers" style fiasco where morons arent considering the context when looking at numbers too. I'd wager that the type of child (or adult) interested in OK KO more likely lives in a home that's cut the coord and gone streaming only. Distributed places of viewership makes things seem dead when looking at Nielsen numbers, but the online presence shows the reverse. Therefore, it might be a better idea to tally up OK KO numbers on places like Hulu or the CN App in addition to or in replacement to normal Nielsen ratings. If you want to find out which shows are appealing to people, you can't just discount the people who have cut their coords, otherwise theres going to be a hard skew towards people who cant into technology, meaning you'll appeal to the more retarded viewers.

>I didn't watch the show and just got my knowledge from anons on Yea Forums who actively hate it
You guys really showing how stupid you are, even after the show ended, is unhealthy. Seek a doctor.

All we know about it's cancellation is that Ian himself said it's unfair and came out of nowhere.

That's right.

its-not-its.info

>there's something wrong with you if you don't like my favorite baby cartoon

Shows rarely end on a high note, user.

Attached: badchoices.jpg (500x756, 109K)

forgot about tron uprising

Ok ko is shit, dont dare piggyback ok ko's failure on wander

>Ok Ko is shit

Attached: 58E499F8-30A1-45EC-AAA0-BD3A8F8DFA82.png (420x420, 389K)

There's something wrong with spreading misinformation about the show.
The animation quality is up to debate, art style and humor are a matter of taste, everything else is just blatant lies.

>being this genuinely dumb
The statement is clearly a complaint on retards who say they watch something then say blatantly false things that prove they don't watch what they say they watch.

You can have legitimate complaints, but don't make shit up just to reinforce your autism.

Which women?

Is Eddie Trigueros still working on the Mickey Mouse Shorts?

Attached: C9CEF595-BAEA-4F52-B03B-BB0F754BE19D.jpg (1920x1080, 486K)

Sorry I’m not from or man. I honestly didn’t know.

Attached: 279C30FB-5DD0-420E-BB92-8E0A33A92D3F.jpg (290x218, 15K)

if he is then he's the only one of the old directors leff: Alonso RR left to work on Steven Universe, Dave Wasson left to showrun that upcoming Cuphead cartoon, and Clay Morrow is one of the directors on said cartoon

>that upcoming Cuphead cartoon
I’m really looking forward to that. Do we know for sure if Alonso has been working on the next SU season(s) or is it possible that he only helped out on the movie, like Ian JQ?

Attached: E5682C3A-214B-4538-B2B8-6DE8C7300BEA.png (1024x1023, 1.04M)

Yes

>I don't know what the fuck CN was thinking by canceling OK K.O.!, though

Not enough toys and mobile app games.

That’s a stupid reason. The show was MADE for merch and tie-in games! CN just didn’t bother trying anymore after the console game [FOR A BRAND-NEW SHOW THAT HAD JUST PREMIERED] didn’t make enough money.

Attached: D1406A5E-5221-45E6-8856-19E4A67E4844.jpg (441x1000, 104K)

And people say Nickelodeon is the only one that does this stuff

>everyone in the thread arguing about OK KO being shit
>the few Wander mentions are about it being kino and treated unfairly

Feels good knowing how based your favorite show is

Attached: 1485877190261.png (615x542, 294K)

>single funny joke is in the last episode

wow way to go

No

I loved "The Black Cube"
Was both funny and emotionally touching. I may not relate to it but i can't deny it was incredibly sweet, plus the whole episode being greyscale made it even better.

we know Alonso didn't get involved with the movie until earlier this year (i.e. long after preproduction on the movie finished, with it being in post-production now). My theory is that he replaced Joe Johnston (who had left SU earlier this year) and he got credited on the movie because, well, being a producer involves looking over post-production stuff

>My theory is that he replaced Joe Johnston
Makes sense. How do we know Alonso joined the Crewniverse just earlier this year, though? He usually keeps to himself on social media.

Attached: CB1EBD38-949A-479A-8A76-ECBC0BB32A94.jpg (2048x1638, 917K)

What's your #1 funniest episode? For me it's either The Cartoon or The New Toy, but any Hater episode applies really.

I love how experimental the Wander Crew was throughout Season 2. Pic related is a personal favorite of mine, and it was so deserving of that Annie.

Attached: 60946C0B-1114-4DB0-B1FF-CBA72ECB5B96.png (1366x768, 1.33M)

You all hated this while it was airing. You bash every new cartoon that’s currently being produced and then wonder why no one appreciated it while it was here

me on the right

You are referring to both shows in the OP, r-right?

Attached: 18BDAB15-681D-4ECF-9116-AFB229261AB2.png (1920x1080, 942K)

Me on the left.
Not him. I like both shows but was never able to be on the ok ko threads because it was usually aome guys bashing on the show so i was never sure if i was in the correct thread where i could talk about the show or if any post i made would be drowned out.

Attached: 1560998542577.jpg (1222x1153, 116K)

Attached: Carol and Wilhamena.png (1028x1541, 579K)

Attached: 1561010481264.png (500x509, 83K)

Attached: 1561007875104.png (747x579, 135K)

>wins a fucking Annie
>still cancelled

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I said i like "The Black Cube" but other good contestants would be "The Void" "The Bot" "The It" "The Eye On The Skullship" "The Family Reunion" "The Robomechabotatron", and of course, "My Fair Hatey" and "The End Of The Galaxy"
I just love all episodes, it was a fun show.

Yeah, the OK K.O.! haters are really vocal here on Yea Forums. You could only ever get more actual discussion than senseless whining in talkback threads for new episodes. Any threads between episode premieres were grounds for the haters to rise from the ashes.

Attached: 03148DA3-46BD-4E85-BAB2-18BD2064C542.jpg (700x724, 95K)

I know people have different tastes and that they will say what they don't like, they are on their right, it's them after all and it's not like anyone can change the opinion of someone else.
Still i wish i could have talked about the show on a thread for said show just to have fun.

Were you able to hop into any of the talkback threads for the series finale over the weekend?

Attached: 7C3D9512-6934-488C-93F7-020D26AFB440.png (454x461, 21K)

Ignore bait, post your top 5 episodes.
>Parents Day
>K.O.'s Health Week
>Plaza Prom
>Beach Episode
>All in the Villainy

Attached: Hoes know they mad.gif (300x258, 2.03M)

Nope, not at all.
Didn't even knew avout them until right now with your post. What was the talk about over there and then?
I'll be generic and say that i loved all of the episodes with TKO. Also KO's video chanel

Very nice. Please, feel free to post more.

Attached: 78570A0F-7417-481F-A0B9-DA0E50652712.png (975x597, 337K)

Are you me??

Attached: 263AAE09-4A02-46B9-9732-51F8F082D35B.gif (299x300, 2.82M)

i just noticed this show actually fucking ended because of this post. i remember this shit being on CN in 13 hour blocks daily and wondered when it would fucking end

SHUT UP, STEVEN.

Attached: EEFB4481-09AF-43FC-9E59-278B40730C8C.png (1080x1080, 1.14M)

I loved Your world is an illusion.

I liked Parents Day, Know Your Mom, OK Dendy! Let's Be K.O.! and Villains' Night In.

Attached: Dendy and Fink.png (1024x768, 343K)

Just unfortunate timing it seems.

Here’s hoping Netflix treats Kid Cosmic with respect. A few months back, I would’ve had no doubts that they would support it, but I’m a little wary now after what happened to Tuca & Bertie.

Attached: LightBox Expo 2019.jpg (485x297, 24K)

Attached: 1488166238656.jpg (428x410, 66K)

Going to get a Netflix subscription just for this when it eventually drops. In the event that it's WOY levels of kino, I'm going to support and shill it as much as I can from the beginning this time.

it is all i fucking got my dude.

We will never get another show that did thicc as unapologetically as OKKO.

Wander would've been better if they just made the show about Hater from the start and gave him a better name than Hater

Four pics is all you’ve got?

Attached: The Sexiest Diamond.png (771x532, 346K)

>posting inferior semen demon

Attached: 1530373456663.jpg (1000x1000, 118K)

>Teen Titans Go! ended
I just searched it myself. YOU LIIIIIIIED

Attached: AYE PANINI.gif (480x204, 1.27M)

You two are BOTH disgraces

Attached: Peggy Hill, Queen of the FOX Animated MILFs.png (600x558, 379K)

The Brainstorm and The New Neighbor

Attached: 1514504372786.jpg (680x607, 53K)