Cursed adaptations

Attached: C6C58F09-3C9E-4187-9644-F025468B9246.jpg (962x515, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QOv5ZAbXQ1g
youtube.com/watch?v=tu-XDkhM4Fw
youtube.com/watch?v=YnLm7_wqzwo
youtube.com/watch?v=8DWybWdtuqg
youtube.com/watch?v=bCJ4LHdZm3s
youtu.be/PbTDYg2ccX0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

where's part 2 netflix, I want to see the rest of the trainwreck.

Its weird how they didn't reboot Ronin Warriors too

SIEMPRE LA— Oh wait, they did not even use Pegasus Fantasy.

>Not using ghosts fists on Pegasus's Meteor attacks.

It was doomed from the start, carnal.

Not even a "Los Guardianes del UUUUUUUUNIVERSO-"

>They didn't allow for each country to have their version of pegasus fantasy
>imagine being able to swap languages into:
>"SIEMPRE LA VERDAD"
>"FAÇA ELEVAR"
>"DAKESHIMETA"
>"LOS GUARDIANES DEL UNIVERSO"

It's nowhere as popular. Maybe someday a sequel or something.

Don't forget the French one which the European Spanish version adapted.

>des quatre coins de l'univers
>quand triomphe le mal
>sans hésiter, ils partent en guerre
>pour un monde idéal.

los guardianes del universo
al triunfar el mal
sin duda no salen a combatir
por un mundo ideal

>les chevaliers du zodiaque
>s'en vont toujours à l'attaque
>en chantant une chanson bien haut
>c'est la chanson des héros.

caballeros del zodiaco
cuando lanzan su ataque
entonando siempre su canción
la canción de los heróes

>des quatre coins de l'univers
>quand triomphe le mal
>sans hésiter, ils partent en guerre
>pour un monde idéal.

los guardianes del universo
al triunfar el mal
sin duda no salen a combatir
por un mundo ideal

>les chevaliers du zodiaque
>contre les forces démoniaques
>gardent toujours au fond de leur cœur
>le courage des vainqueurs.

caballeros del zodiaco
contra las fuerzas demoníacas
guardan siempre en su corazón
coraje para vencer.

that was maybe the shittiest reboot ever

It was TERRIBLE, but let's not get carried away.

Does this really count as Yea Forums?

Nope, that's Heaven prologue

Yes it does; all of its production and writing assets are american, the voice acting is american, it was produced by Netflix and even Zagtoon is doing animation assistance for Toei.

That's...pretty sad, actually...you don't even have the choice to blame someone else WHEN IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT

I can't wait for Misty.

youtube.com/watch?v=QOv5ZAbXQ1g

Only inasmuch the source material is already pretty bad.

>netflix dindunothing it's was SHIT already
every time

Every. Single. Time.

>Nope, that's Heaven prologue
Didn't get far enough into a reboot.
It's okay, I know you meant "Legend of Sanctuary".

I read it'll be released in december

That's a Sunrise series, and nowadays they're mostly Gundam focused due to how Bandai split the studio. It also was never big in Japan itself or even worldwide, just did better than Saint Seiya in the USA, where Saint Seiya flopped.

>Stream sites make it harder to find the original series
>Around the same time this trash is released
HHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

> Cursed
That's relative.

Anglo here, is the original show worth watching or should I stick to the comics? I've only watched Omega so far.

Attached: btx.jpg (1200x897, 415K)

LA CANCION DE LOS ERRORES.

The anime is surprisingly good for the most part, it takes some liberties from the manga but most of it is for narrative/continuity/aesthetics reasons. The manga drags a lil mid-therm but it paces fast near the end.
I suggest doing both, for completionism sake.

As someone who recently subjected himself to all 118 episodes of the original and the Hades arc, the original is not worth it. Unless you're really hankering for pretty boys in wrestling-tier drama and storylines. The animation is dated, the weird and sometimes inaccurate science and history lessons are kind of jarring, and the plot and pacing are kind of meh.

Oh, I thought you meant BT-X

In that case, there's some reason on what said, but I recomend watching it anyways.

CABALLEROS DEL ZODIAAAAAAAAACO!!!
CUANDO LANSAN SU ATAAAAAAQUE!!!

As long as they make him female and let Seiya pretty much COSMIC punch her to death.

LA CANCIÓN DE LOS (T)ERRORES

>Wrestling Arcs (pretty much that star of the series)
All you need to know it's just filler to explain the world they live in.
>Phoenix Arcs
It's Meh I fell you can skip it, it's basic green ranger plot.
>Platinum Arc
Some fun to this Arc goes will with stating wrestling Arc
>Sanctuary Arc
Here is where the Bread and butter gets started campy tropes cheesy voice acting and interesting fights solid watch
>Asgard Arc
Bready good in my opinion not as cool as Sanctuary Arc but I liked it
>Poseidon's Arc
It was a walk in the park for them the, even implementing things they learned in the other arcs to beat the baddies.

Over all 6/10 the animation is supper dated and it filled with late 70's and 80's tropes and jokes.

If anything Saint Seiya has pretty outstanding music that gives atmosphere to the battles

youtube.com/watch?v=tu-XDkhM4Fw

youtube.com/watch?v=YnLm7_wqzwo

Attached: 10afaff0f9f9de0675c9c33e3b4a5fe2.jpg (960x720, 91K)

>the animation is supper dated
It's got some lows, but its highs are much better than most of the stuff released even today. The good episodes are OVA quality.

In fact they're so good Toei's incompetently tried to mimic its style in the new adaptations and failing horribly.

Attached: 1351472180350.jpg (720x544, 76K)

>If anything Saint Seiya has pretty outstanding music that gives atmosphere to the battles

THIS. Soldier Dream will make you want to search for a greek Goddess reincarnation and put yourself at her service.

youtube.com/watch?v=8DWybWdtuqg

>basic green ranger plot
If they murdered a chick in the first season of Power Rangers.

Attached: Esmeralda.jpg (1019x767, 57K)

Well its a late 80's shonen series, it's pretty much expected.

Ikki was just upset he couldn't get his dick wet. Had to kill everyone to fell better.

>Ikki was just upset he couldn't get his dick wet

"...inside his brother's female doppelganger"

That Corona Temple theme is pretty base as fuck.

AH FUCK I can't un-see it now, makes it even stranger now that Shun is female in the new series.

The original anime is awesome. Good luck finding it in its entirety though.

GOD DAMN IT, THIS GOT ME PUMPED, SO PUMPED I SCREAMED "ATHENA!!"

Attached: 1530343415822.gif (355x225, 1.5M)

>Everyone upset that shun is a girl now
>None appreciates the fact that now Ikki can fuck his brother in a most traditional, christian way

You're a bunch of ungrateful vultures!

"NEVER GIVE UP!"

I mean, I'm not totally upset, she is waifu worthy just not in to the incest thing, she'll be Seiyas Cock sleeve anyways.

>If anything Saint Seiya has pretty outstanding music that gives atmosphere to the battles
It's shit that they ignored good part of the Sanctuary arc soundtrack in favor of the less epic Asgard/Poseidon arc's soundtrack.

> It's got some lows, but its highs are much better than most of the stuff released even today.
Dunno, it's hard find well animated episodes in the show when wasn't Araki directing (God bless him). Asgard/Poseidon Arcs were jarring offenders, characters stayed knocked out or v-dashing to the next location for episodes. You have good things as Shun vs Scylla and Shiryu vs Krishta part 1, but that's it.

The spin offs are generally hit or miss. Hate Next Dimension and the fact they made past Sagittarius the first bronie ever.

Attached: next_dimension___sagittarius_no_gestalt_color_by_katrinnae_dawlkhb-pre.jpg (746x1072, 214K)

I mean what were they expected only releasing 6 episodes?
>Seijya Jap voice is the same as Yami Yugi
>Nero's Jap voice is the same as Captain Ginyu

The Phoenix Arc was great, pleb.

I also really liked a lot of the filler Saints. I liked Hercules Saint a lot, because it was great to see the Seiya team tag team an enemy instead of one saying he'll handle it alone. Made for some great team combos.

Shun will be everyone's go girl there. When Seiya is getting wrecked about dance with Saori or Shaina? Shun takes him. Hyoga misses his popsicle mom? Shun will make him call her "momma", and go on.

I found this to be surprisingly decent.

>Hyoga misses his popsicle mom? Shun will make him call her "momma"

Eugene Son would be BASED if he did that

Attached: shun_novo.jpg (774x489, 39K)

>It's shit that they ignored good part of the Sanctuary arc soundtrack in favor of the less epic Asgard/Poseidon arc's soundtrack.

True but Asgard does have it's outstanding musical moments like this

youtube.com/watch?v=bCJ4LHdZm3s

but yeah agreed Sanctuary arcs soundtrack is pretty under rated.

Attached: Mimes.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

Poseidon has the biggest ratio of Araki-directed episodes, though. First and last episode, Poseidon vs Saints,..

>it's hard find well animated episodes in the show when wasn't Araki directing
Off the top of my head,
-Seiya vs Shiryu (Part 2, the end)
-Ikki vs Bronzes (When he BTFOs all at once with flaming wings)
-Shiryu vs Perseus (All the way)
-Ikki vs Capella and Cerberus
-Seiya vs Taurus (Middle episode)
-Seiya vs Leo (End)
And this is only in the Sanctuary arc.

Attached: 1335047106142.jpg (720x540, 50K)

fuck off, shill

>I mean what were they expected only releasing 6 episodes?
Avoid the mexicans/brazilians/frenchies backlash.

It's an okay rehash. The salt from the older fans it's worse than with Netflix She-Ha, but it's enjoyable enough.

I swear, some people overlook how repetitive the original's dialogs could be. I can't see the original show and cringe everytime someone says "Oh noez, he caught my attack with only one single hand" or "the same attack won't work again on a saint/gold/mariner/specter/your mom".

>your mom
Lost canvas reference?

>it was great to see the Seiya team tag team an enemy instead of one saying he'll handle it alone
I forget if in the manga it's mentioned that it's against Athena's rules.

God Warrior vs. Saint is still top tier BGM.

>hating ND
At least the Bronze Boys are casually standing up to Golds now, and even getting new upgrades. Also, we got a small glimpse of the Olympus arc.

The biggest offender dialogue wise is probably Asgard. It really didn't age well last time I rewatched it.

What's the best way to watch Saint Seiya from the beginning? Every torrent I try has abysmal quality with choppy video. And I don't mean "Eww it's an old show" quality, I mean looking like a 144p YouTube video quality. I don't expect it to look perfect but I wanna be able to tell what's happening on screen.

>At least the Bronze Boys are casually standing up to Golds now, and even getting new upgrades.
I got disgusted when Ikki fought past Gemini and said he was the worst fucker he already fought, and Ikki exterminated Garuda with barely any problem and hitted Thanatos.

reminder that this has a second season (actual second season not the other half) confirmed so be prepared for more gender bendered saints

>she'll be Seiya's Cock sleeve
>Seiya's
That's a weird way to spell Hyoga, user.
Seiya is to be blueballed for the rest of his miserable life.

I mean, there's probably several sources for brazilian dual audio rips, maybe you can find subs and watch them in JP.

Saint Seiya is full of exaggerations, and he's probably meaning humans. Garuda was a walk in the park for him, but he had probably seen his attacks beforehand. If Ikki fought Cain/Abel again, he'd probably just have a good time.

No! Stay away from Samurai Troopers.

no, thats Voltron

In my defense, I didn't mean a netflix sequel. Could be something like the YYH OVA or one of the many anime/manga revivals of late.

Oh...ok..

Attached: 1552946067475.png (339x277, 104K)

"My balls are so blue that they founded a drum performance theater company.

>I forget if in the manga it's mentioned that it's against Athena's rules.
To be fair, the scenario was Athena at risk of being killed.

Athena Exclamation was considered an instant ban clause everytime the golds used, but it was overlooked each time, in the original, Lost Canvas and Omega.

I do doubt something as tag team against one enemy is big shit.

esmeralda in the new series is shaun model but with yellow hair btw.

pic sort of unrelated.

Attached: smug_esmeralda.png (1268x979, 805K)

It's not an ok rehash, it's a mediocre rehash.

The plot is spread so thin you can't even feel the pacing. Moments that seem that could have some meaning and impact like the galaxian wars are incredibly underwhelming in their setting (going from a tournament with thousands watching to a secret warehouse fight club), having the army be involved with saints is relegated to some faceless drones of a cartoon villain shooting at saints pointlessly for a few minutes, instead of being an interesting dynamic of the world being aware of the Sanctuary's saints.

Every interesting idea introduced is not given it's due time to be developed. The introduction of the series starts off making almost no sense and jumps all over the goddam place; starting with young seiya being attacked by the military, to him as a teen being kidnapped by kido and explained the plot through exposition dump and then seiya goes to the secret training island for his cloth. There was 0 flow in this progression of events. More than failing as an adaptation it fails as being a thing that stands on it's own.

I only hope after the 6 remaining episodes, their season 2 is more well written and better paced.

and don't come to me with that "it's for kids" bs, just because it's for kids we don't throw standards out the window.

Miss me yet, maricas

Attached: pkoga.png (1039x798, 612K)

Only your first season minus the 12 temple rehash arc, that was complete bullshit. It may not be perfect, it may have some giant bullshit like pokemon atyle affinity, a school and Haruto cleaning windows.
And yet there goes the best Saint Seiya sequel or spinoff that ever existed.

Attached: 33775128_p8.jpg (1000x701, 163K)

The Sanctuary rehash was mostly good tho. Only Amor was bad.

I was bored out of my mind through it. Only when it was over and the plot actually kicked off and you didn't know what was gonna happen next is that it became good. The final couple of episodes are fantastic and so is the one where Aria dies.

Attached: 28854817.png (600x450, 74K)

"Link, the fuck are you doing in the Sanctuary?"

how old you guys remember the main characters being? For me, they were early 20's (with shun being 18 or 19 and ikki being 24 or 25) and the golden saints being in their 30's. But then, recently, I've found out that the main characters, canonically, were in their teens (12-15) with the golden saints being in their 20's

I mean, what the fuck

It's explicitly mentioned several times that the main characters are thirteen years old. Maybe younger in the manga considering that Mitsumasa Kido fathered every single bronze saint candidate (Over a hundred) and they're all half-brothers. Athena is thirteen and he started doing it after he received her from a dying Aioros.

Attached: 13 yrs old.jpg (320x240, 55K)

I miss your music youtu.be/PbTDYg2ccX0

even better when all voice actors sound in their early 20's, but fuck it, everybody is a teenager

As said. It's mentioned early on the series and never mentioned again, but you can asume that some of the bronze saints like Ikki and the Bear guy are older.

>never mentioned again
What? They can't shut up about it. It's even brought up during the Gold Saint and Poseidon arcs.

oh, must be a translation thing. In my language they're often called "children" in a despective way, but their exact age is never bring up.

Never, eat shit.

If I recall, Shun was the youngest, maybe 12. Seiya 13, Ikki 15 I think, Hyoga and Shiryu somewhere around 13 or 14. Most Gold Saints were somewhere around 23 I think, except Saga, Aiolos Dohko and Shion, but now Deathmask, Shura and Afrodite got retconned into being older as well.

>Athena is thirteen and he started doing it after he received her from a dying Aioros.
Actually, after he meets Aiolos, he asks God if he was chosen because he already had 100 kids, mirroring Isaac's (?) sacrifice in the Bible.

So Kido had already knocked up 99 women (Ikki and Shun are the only full brothers, as far as we know), including Hyoga's 10/10 Russian supermodel mom, just because he couldn't keep it in his pants?
The old man got GAME.

Attached: WTF am I reading.jpg (600x338, 31K)

Hyoga was one of the few straight adopted ones, if I remember correctly (I may be wrong...I'm always WRONG, don't trust anything I say)

Nah, also related to the old geezer. If I recall he was one of the few that already knew.

Maybe he had even more. One of Kurumada's early plans was to have Seika, Marin, Touma and Seiya be brothers, not sure if any besides Seiya would be related to the old bastard though.

There's the theory that Kido is the reincarnation of Zeus, which would explain why he fucked literally everything that had a vagina.

In all honesty, omega doesn't really deserve the shit it gets. It's not great, but it's serviceable. Most are just blinded by the nostalgia they have for the original. The original sanctuary arc does not hold up well on a rewatch.