Does Infinity Inc. have literally any fans?

Does Infinity Inc. have literally any fans?

Even JSA and Earth 2 fans never talk about them.

Attached: Infinity Inc. 011.jpg (1172x1816, 793K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/3f75lg/respect_obsidian_dc_prenew52/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
youtube.com/watch?v=QsVyBHJrNQw
mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/features/chronology.php?page=chronology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_marriage_in_the_United_States#State_statistics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: Infinity Inc. 001.jpg (1020x1650, 627K)

McFarlane fans like it.

No. The only fans are those of Alan's kids and it usually people want to fuck them, so not sure if you call those fans.

Goyer or Johns definitely was because JSA incorporated a ton from this series for some reason. I remember reading JSA when I was 15 or so and being absolutely baffled by the Hector Hall / Silver Scarab stuff and it's 15 years later and I pretty much still am.

Attached: 4537.jpg (500x379, 64K)

Damn, Atom Smasher. That Mohawk.

Lol imagine being a Northwind fan

I actually like Skyman.

is based. Agreed.

I liked how Robinson had some retcons about how he was taking up the mantle of Starman while evolving out of the Kid persona. I wish that was actually the case in the series (and his costume design).

Attached: Skyman_Sylvester_Pemberton_001.png (313x712, 482K)

Not really. I read it for the first time this year, and outside some of the generally good art (Ordway into McFarlane), there isn't much to it.
It's surprisingly very decompressed for the time period (first arc is ten issues), and the characters spend most of the time bitching at each other.
Mister Bones was great though.

Robinson seems to be continuing those retcons. He's one of the writers for the Stargirl series, and has Sylvester being the Starman in that.
Which is way easier to explain instead of Courtney being a double-legacy

I respect Houseroy for trying but nigga it was the 80's, this stuff wasn't happening.

Attached: all-star squadron 013.jpg (1074x1650, 701K)

Looks interesting. So this is the follow up to the jsa?

>Johns' "Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E.S." had All-Star rogue Dragon King as the main villain
>Not Star Spangled Kid's original nemesis, Dr. Weerd.

Why?

Attached: James_Stanton_01.png (329x383, 285K)

It was essentially the Teen Titans to the JSA

It was the follow up to Earth-2's JSA, starting about two years before CoIE blew Earth-2 up. It built on stuff from the revival of All-Star Comics (like where Powergirl and Huntress debuted in).
It was specifically about the kids of JSA members, who had not been voted into the organization.
When CoIE hit, the book survived because the JSA made their way over to New Earth when the earth's merged, and they intergrated pretty easily into the new history.
Thomas's other Earth-2 book, All-Star Squadron, was fucked though, and he had to relaunch it with OC's as "Young All-Stars."

Thats cool. I think they should never tried to incorporate jsa into prime earth.

Sad, they should have keeped the earth 2 intact.

The should but literally no one would write for it except Roy, Robinson and Johns

I love them so much

Attached: earth 2 jsa.jpg (1680x1050, 799K)

Look at what happened when DC tried to make Earth 2 happen again, it became a planet of jobbers against Darkseid.

I like them but only for nostalgic reasons, since the Infinity vs corrupted JSA story was one of my first DC comics.
That, and the green semen demon.
Was disappointed to discover years later that Brainwave Jr had gone crazy and that Star Spangled Kid was dead.
What happened to him? Dead or forgotten?

because johns was a kid in the 1980s, and probably didn't have access to the literal eight issues of Star Spangled Kid that Dr. Weerd appeared in back in 1941.

Which Earth-2? The one where Mr Terrific is an asshole?

>What happened to him? Dead or forgotten?

He was a player in the JSA Black Adam / Kahndaq stuff but I think MIA since outside of maybe background appearances.

He was in that Convergence Infinity Inc special, but yeah.
Literally only Johns used him after Infinity Inc series folded. Which is better than what happened to some of those other legacy characters.
Giffen/Robert Loren Flemning killed off the black female Doctor Midnight and Wildcat during that Eclipso event in the 1990s.
Lyta and Hector's "happy ending" was cut short about two months later when Gaiman's Sandman started and changed it so Hector was just being manipulated by Brute and Glob. Their unborn kid would later be a huge plot point in Sandman.
Mr. Bones got lucky, being repurposed as Director Bones

I guess Mr Bones finally got off his wild ride.

And didn't Hector die during 52 or something?

I never got why Gaiman decided to use Hector and Lyta.

>And didn't Hector die during 52 or something?
Hector (and Lyta) died during the issues of JSA right around when Infinite Crisis was happening.
Keith Champagne, not Johns, actually wrote those issues...

Attached: JSA (1999-2006) 080-010.jpg (1974x3035, 1.56M)

Yes, although if Earth 2 wasn't destroyed in COIE, it probably would have in some shitty event to "raise the stakes"

I just can't believe they got away with having a black character with a massive N on his chest

Now, "why" did they die, is unknown. People have speculated that Karen Berger was annoyed that they were being used again, especially since DC had been operating as if Vertigo was an entirely separate office from the main one, and that would have been seen as using "vertigo's characters." We do know that Johns and Didio apparently negotiated to have Swamp Thing's arm appear in Infinite Crisis.
One the other side, we do know that Steve Gerber really wanted to write Doctor Fate, and had been pitching a series for decades. They did finally give him a book, and he wanted a brand new Doctor Fate. So they killed Hector off to open up the slot.
Because he was still writing in the DC Universe in 1988, and tied his work to the last known use of Sandman.
That does contradict what Berger has said in recent years, but the actual text published doesn't lie.

Attached: JSA (1999-2006) 080-011.jpg (1974x3035, 1.22M)

>He doesn't want to fuck Alan's kids

People were more mature back then

I remember seeing some people jerking off to this on CBR

Thomas had good ideas but he was never really a good writer as much as an historian.

And yeah, COIE just fucked the entire book and it was also pricey for it's time being a 'baxter book' that arguably wasn't worth the format when Ordway left.

It's amusing later on to see early Mcfarlaine get destroyed by Dezininga's inking.

Thats the reason why they merged it. Thats the reason why you have batman and superman in everything.
The stories need to be related to or happen in the world of Superman and Batman to sell thenumbers their comics need to not gettin canceled.

Admittedly they did it well and their Post-Crisis runs were great.

shame that Gerber died before really getting to do anything

nuklon

How does this series hold up? I really loved it at the time.

Attached: RCO001.jpg (1986x3053, 1.21M)

I'd easily bang Jade, I do love me some green girls, and at least with me, she won't get fridged.
I wouldn't bang Obsidian since I'm not gay, but if I was, definitely, he's probably drop dead gorgeous (being Alan Scott's son and all) considering he has a successful 20's something lawyer boyfriend despite being a schizo with no skills.

mostly good, but does get bouts of early 2000s edginess from robinson, johns, and goyer. Examples like
>Killing Kid Eternity immediately
>Citizen Steel and the nazi's that murder his family
>The whole Hawk and Dove soul thing, including dove's rapes

I'm pretty sure if you are a bisexual male, they might be down for a threeway.

The Infinitors were treated like garbage tho.
>Jade got depowered and turned into Kyle's cocksleeve, got turned into a cheating slut, then killed
>Obsidian went crazy or got controlled like 3 or 4 times and got turned into an egg, and that's after getting depressed and trying to literally kill himself in JLA only to find out he can't die
>Hector and Lyta's whole continuity ordeal
>Brainwave also went crazy and evil a couple times due to his powers
>I don't even remember what happened to Northwind because he sucked anyway
>Atom Smasher's mom died so he sided and went gay with Black Adam
Al was probably treated the best, especially since he gets to hook up with Stargirl and was ultimately accepted back into JSA. Then MAYBE Hector... gets fuzzy from there. In terms of use Jade got it the best but they ruined her character in the process, and Obsidian at least had Manhunter in terms of nice use of his actual character instead of having him just be nuts so Alan can kick his ass.

I'd definitely fuck Todd because I can't resist crazy and he's probably hot (and hung) like said even if we aren't informed of it in story.
Really I'd fuck all 3 three of them. Alan has some nice genes.

>Todd and Jennie were oddly incestuous in Infinity Inc
>like mutual cuddling all the time
>Jennie made him his gothic space hooker outfit
>Jennie didn’t tell her friends and family Todd was her brother and they all thought they were dating
>Todd went along with it
>Todd cockblocking her all the time
>his girlfriend pretending to be Jennie and tried to kiss him while they were in their underwear and in bed
>Todd had no issues with merging bodies and minds with Jennie
> that time Jennie and Alan hugged in bed after Todd went nuts in JSA
>right before this Jennie told Alan she and Todd shared dreams and shit and Alan was just like "cool I guess wow I miss my son, let's cuddle daughter"
>Todd's bf looks like Alan and just like Alan is also cool with sticking his dick in crazy
>Alan pops up in Todd's room after Todd and his bf had sex to tell him Jennie is dead
>Todd doesn't even bother denying having daddy issues
also
>Jennie's ex boyfriend Brainwave ended up similar to Todd where his powers drove him nuts and evil for a few stories and she still cared about him??

Attached: manhunterobsidian.jpg (1043x1600, 346K)

>instead of having him just be nuts so Alan can kick his ass.
The problem with Alan is he is so fucking OP so the only other OP person he can fight is his own flesh and blood. Honestly Todd being OP is just more of a circle jerk to prove how OP his dad is.

You forgot about the epilogue where he names both of his kids after his sister and father.
But what was really fucking bizarre is that his mental illness is a genetic defect he got from his mom. Which leads to the question, why the fuck did his boyfriend and him agree he should breed (and yes one of the kids is biologically his since his daughter is a meta).

>Alan has some nice genes.

>the most powerful gay character in all of DC
>all of comics really if you don't count demiurge Wiccan since that isn't his base right now
>one of the cutest green girls
true

obsidian's powers are just so out there i feel like most writers can't really do them right and he's way too op in weird ways to really be used effectively
like there's op strong punching guys everywhere so the point where it's normal but todd is just... past that because he's supposed to be intangible. and not in a "changing myself in a molecular level" way like vision, atom smasher, flashes, etc , but rather "i'm a living shadow and shadows aren't even made a matter" kinda way. so like right off the bat impressive beings like superman, doomsday, wonder woman, etc can't do shit against him. like i remember years ago when i browsed comic vine forums there was a jsa vs world war hulk thread and some hulkfags got fucking furious at the thought of hulk not being able to do shit against todd so it would at least stalemate, if not todd winning

Oh I just checked it out, the other kid looks like a weird hybrid between Obsidian and his boyfriend. Which brings up more issues.
I'm just going to say Dr. Mid-Nite and leave it at that.

Attached: RCO005.jpg (1022x1600, 465K)

Naming your kids after family members is normal though.

But yeah idk why they let Todd breed especially since Starheart and Shadowland shit seems to kinda suck for its users?

and that's not even getting into that soul and possession bullshit of his since i don't think it was considered mind control or telepathy

Someone on reddit made a list of everything he can do along with links to back it up.
reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/3f75lg/respect_obsidian_dc_prenew52/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

It's pretty fucking ridiculous, like Jojo levels of ridiculous.

Because Alan Scott's bloodline shouldn't end. No fucking way is a slut like Jade is ever going to settle down.

The only place that mentions Obsidian somewhat regularly is the battle forum on comic vine which should be a testament to how OP he is lmao

>that time soulless Hector was fucking the female reincarnation of his dad's greatest villain Hath-Set

Attached: Infinity, Inc. 034-004.jpg (1988x3056, 2.02M)

Attached: Infinity, Inc. 034-005.jpg (1988x3056, 1.44M)

Was DeZuniga a shit artist?

Jennie was a model so she probably wouldn’t be getting pregnant any time soon, and Todd inherited schizophrenia, a malevolent Starheart part, and shadowland bullshit and literally none of those things need to passed down.

Are it, All-Star Squadron and Young All-Stars actually collected?

Not really. I think they did one trade a long time ago. It sold terribly, and never continued.
There is a collection of All-Star Comics coming out soon, unless it's been secretly cancelled. Those issues are what lead to All Star Squadron and everything else coming later.

And yet he does it anyway. Oh well maybe someone in the JSA or JL can fix his kids.

>a malevolent Starheart part,
Weirdly enough his daughter got the good part. Unsure about his son since we never saw his powers.

Attached: RCO016.jpg (1033x1600, 332K)

All-Star got a Showcase

He later became Atom-Smasher.

fuck I controlled f'd JSA and its this instead of a comfy storytime

Attached: RCO023.jpg (1600x1270, 669K)

Largely good (probably the best thing Johns has ever written IMO) until around Infinite Crisis. I don't think anything post relaunch (the one with Citizen Steel, KC Superman, Jesse Quick becoming Liberty Belle, etc.) is worth reading though is worth reading but it's a toss up. ONce Johns leaves there's no reason to bother with it as it goes to complete shit.

You're talking about like 80+ issues of it being good which is pretty impressive.

you forgot to dismiss the Final Crisis Lead In arc. That was a terrible final arc. I thought Thy Kingdom Come was enjoyable mostly just for seeing KC Superman interact with the JSA. Plus Cyclone is cute.

I think most of them are niche as fuck. Only ones that aren't Jade and Obsidian.
Jade because she dated Kyle and Obsidian because he is gay.

These characters are like 10% personality and 90% continuity that literally no one but Roy Thomas cares about.

>breeding the Starheart with Schizophrenic genes
Holy shit, how can the JSA or fucking Alan Scott be okay with this? Some people are just not meant to pass down their genetic makeup.

Attached: SSBW_11_-_Commissioner_Gordon.png (543x480, 394K)

Oddly enough, one of those fans is writer Marc Andreyko who is close friends with Bendis and Didio, the latter being the main reason why Manhunter lasted for so long despite selling like shit and being about legacies (which Didio allegedly hates).

Roy Thomas reminds of Steve Orlando, in that he writes like a fanboy.

>Comparing Thomas to Steve Orlando

Rascally Roy may not be one of the greats but don't fucking compare him to that faggot Orlando.

Attached: ey...you watch yerself.jpg (855x720, 74K)

Alan wouldn't be pleased, but he wasn't aware of them until they were adults.

>Was DeZuniga a shit artist?
He was good at horror & western stuff but his pencils simply weren't good for capeshit especially during the 80's. He also had an overpowering inking style that totally buried his pencilers so all you can really see of early Mcfarlane is him experimenting with layouts which must have confounded an old coot like DeZuniga.

Attached: lf.jpg (392x600, 94K)

Roy Thomas I believe is the first comics pro to come from fan culture. He was the editor of a fanzine before after years of sending letters to comics they sent one back offering him a job at DC

>is him experimenting with layouts
I definitely noticed that when reading the series.
Lots of
>Pin-Up of character
>Dialogue or action panels across the sides
going on
Like Nuklon on this page (from the same issue you linked)

Attached: Infinity, Inc. 034-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1.5M)

or the two leaders of the Global Guardians/Infinity Inc on the sides, while action is in the middle

Attached: Infinity, Inc. 034-018.jpg (1988x3056, 1.44M)

I didn't mean Alan. I meant his son having kids. And not just once, twice.
Hell one of them is named after him.

and inset reaction panels.
These did continue after McFarlane left for Hulk

Attached: Infinity, Inc. 034-026.jpg (1988x3056, 1.47M)

It’s also worth noting that despite how Yea Forums memes about Alan fucking his villains, Alan literally was not aware that he dated and married Thorn too. Rose fell in love with him and then disguised herself as a woman named Alyx and Alan married that. He didn’t know that Alyx was Rose.

Yes it was very convoluted and yes if they bring that family back they should just have Alan marry Rose and know she’s Rose.

But Rose killing herself and putting the kids up for adoption is pivotal for Alan's kids characters. It's like Jason Todd not dying or not being implied to have been molested as a child.

Rose killed herself after Todd and Jennie met and they met Alan.

Basically it’s
>fell in love when Alan as Rose
>disguised herself as Alyx
>dated and married him
>fucked on their wedding night
>got freaked out and went crazy again because of his GL ring
>ran away and faked her death
>gives them up for adoption at some point
>Alan is sad, doesn’t know Rose is alive or pregnant
>apparently doesn’t have sex for 18 years if pic related is any indicated
>the 3 of them meet
>Thorn threatens to kill all of them
>Rose kills herself in front of all of them
>Alan recognizes her as Alyx and berates himself for not figuring it out earlier

And yes Alan made twins in the one shot he had like a fucking chad

Attached: A868CEF3-4F4B-4DC1-9186-237B2F926FC9.jpg (497x413, 122K)

>>the 3 of them meet
>>Thorn threatens to kill all of them
>>Rose kills herself in front of all of them
>Alan recognizes her as Alyx and berates himself for not figuring it out earlier
Pretty sure that was Harlequin and not Rose.

All-Star Squadron is a a good comic though

Nah it was Rose. Pic related is her in the Alyx wig.

Molly/Harlequin was the one telling that story for some reason though. And she married Alan at the end of the issue.

Attached: 19761AFF-B1D1-4491-966A-3B61A10CBA02.jpg (717x399, 191K)

>Rascally Roy may not be one of the greats
What? He generally is considered one of the greats you goof. His Avengers and Conan stuff alone puts him among the GOATs and given his efforts in bringing back and preserving the golden age characters for both DC and Marvel, his general importance in the fan culture of comics and fuck even All-Star Squadron coining the term retcon I'd argue he should be remembered as one of the most important people to ever be associated with the medium. He's more important and invaluable to superhero comics than even Stan and probably a lot of others generally considered greats.

>fuck even All-Star Squadron coining the term retcon
Never knew that, neat

Specifically I think it was either a letter or a response to a letter in one of the issues that called the series "retroactive continuity".

I'm curious if they'll be back or not since it seems we are getting JSA again to interact with Prime Earth.
Hopefully Alan is straight again, gay Alan sucked and never slept with no crazy bitches.

I might argue that Roy is great in everything except his writing honestly. Or maybe more his writing is just eh/his weakest talent

I think it may have been mentioned in association with his Invaders run a few years earlier (mid 1970's) but yes.

Important to note is that the original meaning of "retcon" was very different from what we use it for today.

As used by Roy a "retcon" meant "a story taking place in the past but seamlessly integrated into stories of that time". He went to extreme lengths to make sure both Invaders and All-Star Squadron fit into the time frame of their eras.

These days people just use "retcon" for "changing something"

>Does Infinity Inc. have literally any fans?
>Even JSA and Earth 2 fans never talk about them.

Much like All-Star Squadron it was effectively buried by the Crisis. Infinity Inc was selling stable when it was canceled (which at the time was something like 50K copies a month) but as it was not growing DC axed it.

All-Star Squadron was one of the best-selling new titles of the 1980s, swimming along below New Teen Titans. It had a very stable readership and held a rather high quality, but the editorial decisions of Crisis totally killed it, and the follow-up series Young All-Stars kept being saddled with utterly shit artists and shuffled around in the schedule until the readership bled out.

Essentially DC did the same thing with them as they did with their golden goose Legion of Super-Heroes, which was their highest seller in the 1970's but was repeatedly fucked by editorial decisions until it became a niche comic and eventually the victim of endless reboots.

>So... you doing anything later?

Attached: 1391988912563.jpg (746x968, 270K)

Why does DC hate JSA and jsa related shit

I like Brainwave Jr.

>which was their highest seller in the 1970's but was repeatedly fucked by editorial decisions until it became a niche comic
Other than the niche part this sounds like NTT and the 90s lol

I remembered back in the early 90's that there was a JSA title that did decently, but editorial canned it because they thought fans in general wouldn't care about old guys.

>sells just fine
>NOBODY WANTS TO READ THIS
??? why is editorial so dumb
And funny if they’d assume that today because everybody wants to fuck dads nowadays

No; go back and look DeZuniga's inking job he did on John Byrne in that one issue of Marvel Team-Up. His inking brought out more of an Neal Adams style in Byrne's art (keep in mind that Adams was definitely one of Byrne's influences way back then)

A lot of times with artists' styles is that they don't always mesh with other artists' styles.

Attached: RCO003_1469372721.jpg (909x1376, 399K)

Honestly people in charge can get real power trips sometimes. I know people shit on Robinson and Johns and all but I think they were instrumental in getting a younger audience to care about the JSA, I can acknowledge that even if I don't like everything they did.

In the mid 80's DC had gotten obsessed with the idea that their image was outdated. They thought that core concepts like generational heroes, multiple earths, WW2 superheroes and similar were goofy, outdated and dragging the company down. That's why Crisis ended up becoming much more of a wide-ranging effect than originally planned. Originally it was ONLY going to resolve the multiple earth situation by merging the main alternate earths into one. However editorial kept having new ideas for it even as it was being written, and Marv Wolfman had to incorporate more and more new ideas. Not only are there no multiple earths, now multiple earths never existed! Wonder Woman is rebooted! And so on. The decision to reboot Superman entirely under John Byrne wasn't even taken until it was too late to even work it into Crisis.

One of new ideas that someone at the editorial staff had was to get rid of all the "old geezers" of the JSA because he saw them as one of the worst aspects of DC. Marvel had young, hip, street-smart characters and at the time they only had some 20 years of history. By contrast, the 50-year old (by then) JSA were relics, outdated and making DC seem worse. Roy ONLY accepted doing Last Days of the JSA because he felt that he was the only person on staff who respected the JSA enough to give them a worthy final story.

And he was right because in the 90s after DC brought the JSA back they suddenly had the same idea and killed them off in a much much worse way in Zero Hour, with no Roy around to salvage it.

>I know people shit on Robinson and Johns and all but I think they were instrumental in getting a younger audience to care about the JSA, I can acknowledge that even if I don't like everything they did.

Also I forgot to add: I think Wagner and Seagle's Sandman Mystery Theatre also kinda helped, even if its sales were just Vertigo-level sales as expected. Robinson did incorporate it into DC continuity (which changed a lot of things if you know your old Earth-Two history).

And I think Jay Garrick was done fairly well during the time Waid, Morrison, and Millar were on Flash. There was a decent issue by Morrison and Millar where it was a Jay spotlight issue, I forget the issue number.

So while editorial had a pretty bad idea in the early 90's that also led to Zero Hour trying to eliminate the JSA, there was enough decent stuff done with the JSA after that, that really helped build a newer fandom.

It may not seem as important today, but Robinson's Starman was a HUGE deal in 1996. It was one of the most critically acclaimed "cape" comics being published, sometimes put on the same pedestal as Gaiman's Sandman and Moore's Swamp Thing. Now I don't think it quite holds up as well as those, but it was a huge success for DC. A super minor character from the JSA made into a legacy and developing his own area of the universe and running for a stunning 80 issues? Starman was huge, and basically the whole reason the Goyer/Johns JSA got the chance. DC was convinced that Starman could carry spin-offs but Robinson did NOT want to committ to them as he was already dedicated to running Starman to its full length, so DC searched further which resulted in Stars and STRIPE and later JSA.

And now Robinson is mediocre to shit.

It’s so sad.

Man that’s frustrating.

What a horrible costume

>especially since he gets to hook up with Stargirl
He doesn't, unless you count that one issue with future Courtney that ended up going nowhere due to the reboot. I still don't get why Johns was pushing for his jailbait oc to end up with this jewish loser lanklet.

And to think, DC's hatred of their own legacy and their fans who care about their legacy has only increased a thousand times since.

Jade is the only one with a decent costume.
Obsidian’s would be decent but the black parts were his skin

Attached: D26AFD54-ECE0-40F8-8739-FA0ACE23B7ED.jpg (827x1280, 345K)

She got a better costume later.

Attached: jade3.jpg (324x390, 23K)

I'm OK with some of their costumes...except for Nuklon/Atom Smasher. Seriously..what's with the mohawk. Also, kinda preferred Sylvester's Skyman outfit over his Star-Spangled Kid outfit.

jerk off before you read comics so that you may form better opinions

Why oh why did Johns break up Courtney and Billy? Why couldn't they just have Billy reveal to Jay that he's about Courtney's age?

Fuck you

Attached: Jade Amecomi.jpg (849x1200, 158K)

>Jennie having a more revealing outfit than Todd

Attached: facepalm.png (201x314, 151K)

I never got why they didn't put Andreyko on the JSA title after Johns left, he clearly likes those characters.

Ross said that Andreyko molested Obsidian so I guess they value his opinions more than Andreyko's

Wut?

This.

Sad thing was that again Roy's heart was in the right place but his JSA finale was lackluster. People were legit excited a few years later when they were brought back during Armageddon (an odd crossover event but not bad) and given a series that everybody liked & the late Mike Parobeck's art was amazing but again somebody at editorial had a serious hate boner for the JSA so they rage cancelled the title and wanted Dan Jurgens to kill them all off in Zero Hour (He tried to bring back Earth 2 and just send them there but got shot down).

Robinson's Golden Age & Starman several years later got the 'hipster' readers interested in them again and as much as Yea Forums hates the Cereal Lord (and he's pissed me off a lot) he made the JSA relevant, reverent & entertaining.

Too bad it went to shit after he left but thats the JSA for ya...

Attached: justice society of america.jpg (1600x960, 634K)

>ROSS: I have no idea. I don’t know that that would be the case. Obsidian being put into the JSA is a lot like—and I’m speaking for Geoff here, which he may not agree with—but it’s him grabbing a character that’s just going to get molested further in other writer’s hands. So he’s grabbing him and putting him in the group so he at least can be shepherding this character that belongs in this association. Maybe he’ll make sure that no other writers get any “fun, creative” ideas with him.

He tried to clarify later by saying that he's just a fanboy jerk and not just a homophobic jerk but he's sounds more like a dumbass
>I am moreover hyper-sensitive to fundamental personal definitions applied to preexisting comic book characters. Unlike changing a costume, losing sanity, or killing a character off, being gay is a retroactive addition to a character's identity. Every other approach happens to them going forward in their fiction, which is generally expected of new authors shepherding these conceptual beings along. Being gay is a fundamental aspect of a character, and as a creative direction applied to a fictional character it implies an even stronger mark of the new author's hand.

>losing sanity isn't a retroactive addition to a character's identity
Somebody tell Wanda and Obsidian

SS Kid's costume was always supposed to be side by side with Stripesy. The other's are fine except Norda/Northwind.

>Seriously..what's with the mohawk.
It was an 80's thing.

Attached: mr-t-clubber-lang-rocky3.jpg (612x458, 53K)

We all know about Wanda

Like even just in Todd's case, the five stories/storylines he's actually like somewhat important in after Infinity Inc ended:
>Sentinel/Green Lantern mini
>the first time he went crazy in JSA
>The Princes of Darkness arc ie continuing the crazy from the first time he went crazy in JSA
>the weird JLA/JSA crossover
>and Manhunter
in 3/5 of them his poor mental health are retroactively added, especially in the two that Johns wrote, and I'm 99% sure had JSA continued it would've been another plot point.. like he couldn't see Jennie so he'd only have his bf and Alan left

>but again somebody at editorial had a serious hate boner for the JSA so they rage cancelled the title and wanted Dan Jurgens to kill them all off in Zero Hour

Allegedly Mike Carlin who was long-time editor of the Superman titles and a big name at DC in the 80s and 90s.

He made a famous statement during a writer/editor meeting before Zero Hour where he called the JSA "trash characters".

he's just jealous because i want to fuck alan instead of him

A lot of books turn to shit (or even shittier depending on you thoughts on Johns) when Johns leaves a book. Seems like editorial doesn't know how to replicate the success or they just put the wrong writers on the book.

Mike Carlin (mastermind behind the "four super-books triangle era) was the editor who hated the JSA and canned the book.
He's been booted to animation for almost a decade now.
He also had some sexual assault allegations against him back in the early 2000s.

>hate JSA
>turn out to be a rapist

All the signs were there

I'd have to check, but I think he was also running Kyle GL for a while, and was the one who brought in Jade as Kyle's love interest. Alan was de-aged and called "Sentinel" around that time.

He was losing it when he found out that people thought he was gay back in the Vado/Jones Justice League America series.
That's the arc that infamously has Icemaiden (the original, Sigurd) trying to seduce Fire because of Fire's grief over Tora dying.
Nuklon gets scared because he starts to wonder if people think that he and Obsidian are gay

Attached: JusticeLeagueAmerica104-22.jpg (925x1374, 256K)

Attached: JusticeLeagueAmerica110-13.jpg (919x1363, 357K)

Attached: JusticeLeagueAmerica110-14.jpg (921x1359, 323K)

Everybody wants to fuck Alan, pal. He just didn't want to admit it

Justice League America #110 is also when Albert learned that bisexuals exist

Attached: JusticeLeagueAmerica110-22.jpg (923x1375, 346K)

Attached: JusticeLeagueAmerica111-05.jpg (921x1365, 364K)

I actually mentioned this to my friend who's a JSA geek the other day, and he responded with
>I love Infinity Inc. They’re kind of the first bridge to the later idea of the JSA as being made of their descendants/successors, and a lot of the characters are really great. Jade and Obsidian are great obviously, but others like Nuklon/Atom Smasher, Hector Hall, Bones, and Rick Tyler get their start there and become major parts of the DC Universe. And of course it featured some great stories for Sylvester Pemberton. It’s one reason I’m so hyped for Stargirl is that it’s pulling a lot from the Infinity Inc team.
So... apparently people DO like them. Some people.

>I'd easily bang Jade, I do love me some green girls, and at least with me, she won't get fridged.
user, you're the girlfriend in this scenario.

youtube.com/watch?v=QsVyBHJrNQw

This, the Stargirl show is basically a stealth JSA and Infinity Inc. shows wrapped into one and I’m pumped.

Guess he is asexuell?
Thats kinda very modern and liberal.
Dont know why people say comics were always straight and white? Yet there are enough proofs it isnt. Just not a big mayority or it wasnt important to the plot.

Honestly it's an example where legacy heroes worked.

I know nothing about anything but I have watched a lot of superhero movies and tv shows in the last few years and I would not hold my breathe when it comes to Stargirl being a good JSA show

Can someone explain me how they merged jsa with jla universes? As far as i know both groups were considered the first superhero group.

Crisis on Infinite Earths, the source of every problem DC has ever had.

That's what JLA: Year One is about

I remember reading the series when it came out (yeah, i'm old) and scratching my head, "i've met maybe one Justice Society fan, is there really enough interest to merit a Teen Society book?" Never understood the appeal, assumed it was a personal favor to Roy Thomas or something.

Sorry, i meant how they solved the problem of jsa and jla being the same thing for their universe.

Thanks, will read that than.

>Sorry, i meant how they solved the problem of jsa and jla being the same thing for their universe.

They just went "oh the JSA inspired the JLA and then disbanded and only reformed once the JLA became a thing"

Thats sounds kinda cheap.

Honestly on Earth Two, they disbanded after the Senate hearings in the 1950's. The merged Earth just combined that and assumed there was a long gap between the JSA's disbanding and the first public appearance of Superman.

Of course they do.
Not everyone's fans won't shut up.

Ok, thats a good fit. Thought they send the jsa into retirement.
What are Earth2 books? All-star squadton, jsa and infinity inc?
Would Kingdom Come fit into earth2 since they use the crisis continuity and they put some Kingdom Come plots into the JSA books.

There's a bunch, but the Earth-Two books that come to mind prior to COIE are:

The Jay Garrick and JSA appearances in Flash and Justice League of America (JLA/JSA crossovers were an annual thing)
All Star Squadron (all the wartime stuff, though there is an issue that shows COIE altering its timeline)
All-Star Comics (in the 70's they revived the title to do more JSA stuff, introduced Power Girl, etc)
Adventure Comics (there was a storyarc about the death of the Earth-Two Batman)
Infinty Inc
There's also some Batman and Huntress stories that I forget the issue numbers of, that obviously took place on Earth-Two.

There's more but I can't remember them at the moment.

>Would Kingdom Come fit into earth2 since they use the crisis continuity and they put some Kingdom Come plots into the JSA books.

No, Kingdom Come is basically the Post-COIE DCU all the way up to mid/late 90's, where the timeline diverged when the JSA never formed again after Zero Hour.

Also, Earth-Two considers most Golden Age stuff as canon to its world, but not all of it. The best guide to use might be using this:

mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/features/chronology.php?page=chronology

Where you choose the character and then go by chronological order as listed.

>There's also some Batman and Huntress stories that I forget the issue numbers of, that obviously took place on Earth-Two.

Huntress had strips in Wonder Woman and Batman Family among others. The Golde Age Superman had a strip in Superman Family (and a handful of crossovers with silver age supes)

>The Golde Age Superman had a strip in Superman Family (and a handful of crossovers with silver age supes)

Fuck, I forgot about those. And there was an issue of Action Comics showing how Earth-Two Clark and Lois got together and married.

>All Star Squadron (all the wartime stuff, though there is an issue that shows COIE altering its timeline)
Thomas pretty much used ten issues during CoIE to tell a side story connected to an old story. He talked about it in his forward to the ASS issues in the first CoIE hardcover companion
1/2

Attached: Crisis on Infinite Earths Companion Deluxe v01-031.jpg (2119x3263, 1.35M)

2/2

Attached: Crisis on Infinite Earths Companion Deluxe v01-032.jpg (2119x3263, 1.13M)

and these are the photograph pages that he references in the above paragraph of how things changed after CoIE

Attached: Crisis on Infinite Earths Companion Deluxe v01-305.jpg (3263x2119, 1.56M)

There's also of course a handful of Earth-2 related issues of both Brave and the Bold and DC Comics Presents.

Of course, Byrne in the late 1990s decided that Hippolyta was around during this time, and served on the JSA in place of Wonder Woman.
Which made Thomas' character "Fury" almost completely redundant.

Attached: Crisis on Infinite Earths Companion Deluxe v01-311.jpg (3186x2069, 1.95M)

Infinity Inc was just a response from NTT being popular. It's literally just NTT on earth 2, with them being the children/godchildren of the heroes rather than sidekicks.

Yeah, one was the one where Batman and Catwoman teamed-up and how they got married. Then there was the one where Earth-One Batman ended up on Earth-Two and we find out what happened to Earth-Two Hugo Strange.

It's particularly ironic when Yea Forums fawns so much over bronze age creators (Roy the Boy included) because those dudes were all pinko hippies into weed and the black panthers.
Re-read Alan Moore's Swamp Thing and try to think about the shitstorm people would raise if those books got out today.

>It's particularly ironic when Yea Forums fawns so much over bronze age creators (Roy the Boy included) because those dudes were all pinko hippies into weed and the black panthers.

Are you confusing Yea Forums with the Comicsgate shills again?

You know what I meant.
Ironically, I'm 100% a lefty degenerate and I usually avoid 70s capes like the plague, preferring either silver age wackyness or full-on vertigo stuff.

Behold Yea Forums, the most reckless and stupid woman on the planet.
Not only does she ignore the advice of the JSA she also shuns the dangerous gay superhero who has deadly genetics and makes him choose to breed instead of adopting.

Attached: RCO014_1493700607-1.jpg (1055x1600, 422K)

>gay
>schizophrenia
>superhero
>was a supervillain a few times for various reasons

a quadfecta for not being allowed to adopt

I wouldn't hold my breath. CW cape shows have a tendency to disregard a shit ton of things from comics. I wouldn't be surprised if only Liberty Belle or Atom Smasher are the only II members to pop up in the show. I have a gut feeling that Ted and Dr. Fate won't be either and they might make Alan gay like his nu52 Earth 2 self.

desu Obsidian is probably one of the few that probably would show up due to already being gay and how Stargirl was relatively important in defeating him in those two arcs cause of her staff

Capital idea, just don't come crying to the JSA in 15 years when a 10 year old with the negative powers of the Starheart engulfs the east half of Gotham in darkness.

Ted should have invited for coffee or some shit.

>Normally I'd spar with Uncle Ted to relieve the tension

Attached: elongated man.jpg (145x403, 25K)

It's not CW, it's on the dc universe streaming app. Johns is show running it, and seems to be devoting all his time to it (since his few comics he's still writing are heavily delayed).
CW did did mangle the JSA before though.
Lance Henrickson as Obsidian was neat, but they were only around for a bit.

Attached: maxine joke and egg todd.jpg (1025x1163, 493K)

Hmm I have some hopes than for it. It was Johns after all that approved of gay Obsidian.

the only good page of willingham's jsa

Attached: classic todd.jpg (500x1049, 186K)

Except Greg Berlanti is also a show runner and he is responsible for the plague of butchered adaptations of comics starting with Green Arrow.

Attached: oh no dads hot.jpg (574x481, 156K)

Attached: when u pray ur son was the top.jpg (971x1600, 464K)

Obsidian boyfriend struck me as a creepy fanboy of superheroes who people are cool with because he is hot and a lawyer.

Think about it
>early run of Manhunter he clearly wanted a superhero boyfriend
>finds like the only gay one despite him being a nutter but says fuck it and goes for him
>not long after he finds out the guy is a legacy of superpowered parents and kin, so now he belongs to a family and extended family of them
>is into cosplay sex and makes it obvious he likes his boyfriend in costume
>let his boyfriend have biological kids meaning he is now the proud father of meta children despite the dangerous consequences

Cool. Thanks

Attached: obsidian being best boy.jpg (1041x1600, 379K)

Well Todd is taller and he can use his powers for freaky tentacle sex which fanboy would probably like. So going to say most likely.

I love everything about this, from Ma Hunkel's dirty looks to Dick's ridiculous costume

desu I'm surprised there aren't more fangirl/fanboy girlfriends and boyfriends in comics.

No he's not, he's just producing it. He produced Doom Patrol and that turned out great.

Oh really. Well hopes extremely restored. Also just saw Ted Grant as recurring character. Will be on board for this show that is Cereal Lord's Mausoleum of Halicarnassusfor his sister.

I'm trying to find exactly what you're objecting to in this post. Marrying a schizo? Having kids? Loving him despite a history of going bugfuck? Cosplay sex?

Thats a wise approach if your beloved project is neutered.
Respect to him!

Not him but I’m guessing liking the idea of having a superhero boyfriend more than liking Todd himself.

Interesting. Didnt thought that Crisis would affect it, since this still would be a pre-crisis history.

>Re-read Alan Moore's Swamp Thing and try to think about the shitstorm people would raise if those books got out today.
Ha, or Moore's friend, Jamie Delano. Early Hellblazer is the most blatant leftwing thing, but people still try to say that things were more subtle back then.
No, Delano literally had demons cheer on Thatcher winning because they knew it was a win for them.

>about the shitstorm people would raise if those books got out today.
That would only be happening if these comics try to claim to be the first one till now. And that the liberal things are there because of quota or ordered by management.
Back than it was made like crisis, today its made like Death of Superman.

Different guy, eventually though if you are going to spend decades with that person, I'm guessing you probably like that person even though the attraction began as some weird fetish.

Dont mistake "it was more subtile" with "it was well written that it didnt felt like pushing an agenda".

I wish the JSA had just stayed dead

Coming back in this era just means they'll be used for political autism

Except that comics today don't do that. In fact, they're more than happy to point out that Captain America was socking Hitler before America declared war on the Nazis.
You keep moving the goalposts so much, you'll give yourself a hernia!
>muh SJW boogymen
Well, it was a nice thread while it lasted...

Attached: JSA Cooke.jpg (626x950, 106K)

>Coming back in this era just means they'll be used for political autism

Yea like comic books

>You keep moving the goalposts so much
Which goalpost? And what changed between and that you think to see a goalpost moved?

I'm just saying his boyfriend is a creepy fanboy and pointing it out. Nothing wrong with cosplay sex, marrying a lunatic, or having kids as a same sex partner. Just saying he might do something actions because he probably feels like a kid in a candy store. Don't tell me that if you were teleported to the world of DC and Jade (or any other female hero) wanted you as a partner you would say no to that? Nevetheless, having a Yea Forums partner who just spell disaster for the dumb hero that invited that person into their life like that.

Shut your whore mouth.

>It's amusing later on to see early Mcfarlaine get destroyed by Dezininga's inking
I think it was more a matter of Tony doing the best he could with Todd's amateurish pencils.

Attached: Shanna.jpg (1011x1421, 483K)

Having a fanboy as a boyfriend is a cute idea tho
Struggling to really think of others like that

I could see them running into trouble with the Legion for fans. The Legion is definitely the preeminent super team "of tomorrow".

Doesn't exist. Most writers are lazy as shit when it comes to having their shitty civie Donut Steel characters date heroes.

True. Damon was cute tho. Flat but cute.

>flat
I mean in what way can you develop him? He first existed as a support character for Kate and then as a reward for Todd for overcoming his tragic life. He is more of a set piece than a character tbqh senpai.

There are still Legion fans!? Literally how, no one of any fucking value at DC gives a fuck about them. And let's not even gets us started what retarded horseshit Weisman will put them through in YJ. At least Infinity Inc is safe with the guys doing Stargirl.

There are definitely Legion fans at least on this website.

a literal pedophile wrote those issues

Still doesn't lose the impact on it. Also Ross is an idiot for fucking thinking that Andreyko character assassinated Obsidian when literally everyone at DC was okay with it and we have dozen of other examples of Obsidian's sexuality being wonky. This wasn't a case of Bobby, you overrated hack.

I've always thought that DC handled their LGBT characters a lot better than Marvel.

Some behind the scenes info about Obsidian

>COMIC LEGEND:
>Infinity, Inc. almost had the first openly gay superhero on the team.

>STATUS:
>True, although stretching it with "almost"

>In 1984, Roy Thomas, Jerry Ordway and Mike Machlan debuted Infinity, Inc. #1, which was a brand-new superhero team set on Earth-2 that was made up of the "next generation" of Earth-2 superheroes. A few of them were outright the sons and daughters of either members of the Justice Society of America (or their villains), while some of them were cousins, godsons, etc.

>In any event, back when Machlan was still the penciler, Machlan and Ordway sketched out some ideas for the characters on the team, with Ordway writing notes on the paper about the characters as Machlan sketched them out.

>There were a couple of characters who never got used, like Black Spectre...

>But one character in particular stands out and that was Harlequin, who Ordway described in the notes as, "comics' first gay character. Or we could just assume it."

>It is important, then, to note that Ordway specifically said that they might have just played it as an open secret sort of thing, sort of like how John Byrne had been writing Northstar in Alpha Flight.

>However, since Thomas planned on Green Lantern having TWO kids on the team, Jade and Obsidian...

>They figured that a THIRD Alan Scott kid would be pushing it, so Harlequin was not used.

Attached: 01infinc2.jpg (738x597, 112K)

Some pin-ups from early in the series

Attached: Infinity Inc. (1984-1988) 005-022.jpg (3976x3056, 3.34M)

I think if we had a male gay Harlequin and he was also Alan's kid, then we can safely say that none of Alan's kids should be allowed to breed because it means that not only would their children be schizo and have the potential of the negative aspects of the Starheart, they would be predisposed to be gay.

Attached: Infinity Inc. (1984-1988) 006-024.jpg (3976x3056, 3.55M)

>would
*could

Now, both Huntress and Power Girl got these bios, even though they never formally joined the team.
They stayed solo, then ran with the JSA, then Huntress got crushed by a building during CoIE and erased.
Peeg became an Atlantean for a while

Attached: Infinity Inc. (1984-1988) 007-022.jpg (3976x3056, 3.47M)

Attached: Infinity Inc. (1984-1988) 008-022.jpg (3976x3056, 3.79M)

No bio for Hector

Attached: Infinity Inc. (1984-1988) 009-021.jpg (1074x1650, 574K)

Newton followed Ordway for a couple issues...

Attached: Infinity Inc. (1984-1988) 010-022.jpg (1074x1650, 738K)

>I'm never going to be poor again
Ah so his relationship with Damon is mutually beneficial.
Todd wanted to a rich pretty boy and Damon wanted a hot superhero.

and then "newcomer" Tod McFarlane came in from 14-37.
His only credited work was a single issue of Coyotes under Marvel's Epic Comics imprint.
He started Infinity Inc one month later, and moved to Hulk two years later

Attached: Infinity, Inc. 013-024.jpg (1988x3056, 2.06M)

*Todd
The real star of the series

Attached: Infinity, Inc. 015-024.jpg (1988x3056, 2.51M)

Attached: Infinity, Inc. 022-027.jpg (1988x3056, 1.37M)

It's fucking funny, I honestly bet no one in the fucking 80's would have predicted that Bones would become the most important character that came out of Infinity Inc.

Attached: Infinity, Inc. 023-001.jpg (1988x3056, 1.16M)

I don't think people would guess his reinvention, but he definitely was one of Roy's favourites.
He even had him successfully argue for his innocence, and got a lot of page time.

I'm scrolling through all these issues, and still no Lyta pin-up

Attached: Infinity, Inc. 034-028.jpg (1988x3056, 1.01M)

>legacy intensifies

Attached: Infinity, Inc. 037-023.jpg (1988x3056, 1.3M)

You are implying that's not what I wanted from the beginning.

I just have a hard time seeing it work without the generations aspect which is a huge part of the JSA's appeal.

You have to remember that Ross was also a pominent and vocal member of HEAT which was an entire fandom organized around the concept of NOT MUH in regards to Green Lantern. When Rebirth was announced he straight up crowed "we won".

It's been long rumored Neil Gaiman is why Geoff had to kill them off.

Gaiman is a huge fucking bitch when it comes to letting anyone near his toys (which he doesn't fucking own as Sandman is work for hire) and in the mid-00s, he renegotiated his contract with DC to give him full veto over Sandman and the franchise and characters involved in it.... including Hector and Lyta even though they were originally JSA based characters.

So Geoff was forced to kill them off to appease the shithead Gaiman.

Gerber's Dr Fate was pure vanity project and no one expected him to stick with the character given his past habit of flipping out.

Oh I know. He has always been full of shit, but before he was able to get away with because he was still fresh, but now no one wants to deal with his bullshit.

I've only ever seen this rumored on Yea Forums

> was pure vanity project and no one expected him to stick with the character given his past habit of flipping out.
Why do a series of one-shots to hype up the run then? And then delay it for a year in the hopes that Gerber's health improves?

The only time I remember that Gaiman flipped out about someone using his characters was when Weisman used Death in his Captain Atom run. He's always clarified that DC owns those characters, people just ask him if they can use his characters to be polite. He let Snyder use Dream during the Metal event and we have all those new Sandman universe books out. Dude really doesn't give a fuck.

A Showcase Presents volume of All Star Comics was released; it has the first 16 issues, Annual #1, and the preview story from Justice League but it's missing the three issues of Justice League that crossed over with the book during this period.

The climax of the Ultra-Humanite Saga (ASS #25-26 and Annual #2) were included in the first (and only) Infinity Inc hardcover.

After that, you have to buy Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Crossovers Compendium V1 (reprints ASS #50-60) and Justice Society: A Celebration HC which has the final issue of ASS (#67).

No issues of Young All Stars have been reprinted.

That was Greg Weisman (Young Justice TV, Gargoyles). Berger had apparently been a bit misleading to Gaiman. She seemed to be telling him that while he was working in the DCU, being a "suggested for mature readers" book usually meant that he wouldn't have to interact much with the current going-ons around the universe. That held true for almost all those books, except for Swamp Thing. Swamp Thing still got sucked into the yearly crossovers and events, like how Invasion! is why he got sent back in time during Veitch's run.
So when Weisman was writing a story about Captain Atom going to the afterlife and meeting Death (s), he decided to use Death of the Endless. She barely existed as a character at this time. Her characterization ended up being almost the opposite of what Gaiman had planned for her, and Berger, as his editor, was supposed to be aware of this. Instead of being the Death-Death, she was just another aspect of a bigger abstract, aka not what Gaiman had been told he was allowed to make.
There's fault with Berger in this situation. Dan Raspler was an excellent editor, and always tried to line up events from mature readers books in the books he edited. He sent the Captain Atom pages to Berger, and she approved them, apparently without consulting Gaiman or looking at his notes.
Later consultations went better, like when Raspler was editing Grant's The Demon and making sure that that Hell lined up with the Hell in Sandman. He even managed to line up a one-page appearance by John Constantine in The Spectre to what was happening with John in Hellblazer (which happened after Vertigo was formed)

>66
How old are they supposed to be again? I mean before nu52.

In defense of DC (and Roy Thomas admits this in various interviews), All Star Squadron sold well in the beginning but by the time of 1984-1985, sales had peaked and Roy realized that he had to 100% commit to helping Marv and George do Crisis so he could control what happened to the Earth 2 characters.

Roy's overall goal was to get All Star Squadron considered an "Elseworld" type deal outside the DC Universe and a sort of "wink-wink" deal where he could still use the Golden Age Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc for cameos if he couldn't get that. DC declined both requests, hence him opting to reboot ASS and create OC characters for the Big Guns who's Earth 2 counterparts were erased.

>obsidian
>self control

Oh how that changed

So he is a gold digging slut?
>Alan Scott: That boy ain't right

Fables was the only Vertigo book that sold at the time and DC was desperate to keep it going indefinitely. DiDio also, a couple of years prior, had also gotten Willingham to write the infamous "War Crimes" story in Batman that retconned Leslie Thompson as the one who killed Spoiler instead of Batman killing her. So he owed Wilingham a huge favor and he gave him JSA as a result.

Actually it's more than that.

Roy wanted a JSA ongoing but editorial (Carlin) kept shooting him down.

Roy got a sympathetic editor to greenlight ASS by setting it when the Justice Society was young and in their prime, but had to sidestep Carlin by using OCs and obscure characters as the primary cast.

ASS sold well that Roy repitched a present day JSA book but was again told to fuck off. So Roy repitched it as a NTT rip-off with the kids of the JSA but in a Brazilian Mega Man sort of scheme, planned to phase out the actual Infinity Inc characters and have the JSA take over the book.

Small problem with this post. Carlin didn't work for DC until April 1987, and he was exclusively on the Superman books (Action Comics, Superman, Adventures of Superman)

Nobody really knows.

Jade and Obsidian were 18 when they met each other and Alan and joined Infinity Inc. The team supposedly lasted 2 years in canon (as per a secret origins JSA issue), Todd was seen drinking in a bar/restaurant, then there was the OYL timeskip. So that’s 21/22 minimum right there. Probably mid 20s at their oldest.

>that filename
Judging by the dialogue in the previous page, yes he probably is.

Attached: RCO010.jpg (1005x1600, 509K)

Truly he has his dad’s genes

I feel like heroes are always the tops.

Nobody wants to be saved by a bottom.

What? Gossip or convicted?

Gerard Jones. And yes, convicted.

Maybe he flips out when he dislike the person or he knows they change the character unrepairable.
If its his pet character, he might protect him like a fanboy, or maybe for the future if he gets the character book again.

I always wonder if a MadMen like series about comic book industry would work?

History repeats itself? Today we have leftleaning fighting against rape and stuff, but they are raper themself or do things that are against their preaching.

I think the dumbass put it on YouTube and put it private or some shit like that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_marriage_in_the_United_States#State_statistics
>Child marriage is generally more common in the Southern United States.[35]

According to Pew Research Center, the highest incidence of child marriages is in West Virginia, Texas, Nevada, Oklahoma, Arkansas, California, Tennessee, and North Carolina.[35]
But sure, blame everything on liberals.

I really hope the Stargirl show is good. The only time we've had a really great JSA was in Brave & The Bold, and they were mostly in the periphery

I’m not sure what you mean. Brainiac is really the only character I think they could improve upon.

You should check your priviliges! Because if you read carefully, i didnt said all leftleaning, but some of them who preach it but have a stained history.
But thanks for the link.

Hope you are not this Schmock fishing for (you)s. Because that low effort brainiac didnt answer my question till now.

neato

>2.6

jade being a dumbass who doesn’t care about school is so funny to me

And?

I mean it would explain why she is a model.

>side-boob

Attached: 0284f8ad22760a3e3a767c7808fb2bbc6a11a.jpg (705x693, 86K)

>mid 20s
Then why the fuck does he wants kids already? No man, especially a gay one, wants kids that young.

Untrue.

She was kind of a slut. Always wanting to be cast in movies, so she'd take roles that had her only wearing the smallest of boob coverage, and using Grundy's crush on her to manipulate him.
Which a villainess used to eventually kill Skyman

>2/3rds of Todd's name is his abuser's name

Attached: first of all.jpg (125x94, 3K)

>No issues of Young All Stars have been reprinted.

They don't need to be...trust me.

Did she ever get called out or is she just the writer's waifu?

So Kyle got to bang a dumb slut? Interesting. They should bring her back we need more dumb slut heroes.

Whatever the reason, it's a shame. Hector was beautiful and after years of drama he and Lyta barely had any time for happiness together. Folks could argue that effectively means their story's over but I don't think that's ever the case for serial entertainment properties.

Attached: 815849-hector_5.jpg (588x1028, 457K)

So, you just didn't read the other issues?

he likes babies

Attached: manhunter-v3-23.jpg (750x317, 168K)

Look at him bout to whip Modru's shit.

Attached: 973full-doctor-fate-(hector-hall).jpg (973x1519, 369K)

Reminder that the creative team almost added a gay male Harlequin to the team but decided against it since they figured 3 GL related characters on the team would be too much.

Attached: maleharlequin.png (266x354, 10K)

Is he related in anyway to Marvels Atom Smasher?

>An Infinity Inc. thread has over 200 replies and has had the best discussions in the past few days.
Fucking based

Who?

I guess JSA fans are pretty chill.

it's a nice break from the hawkspam and the "JSA has no personality" threads

This is my thread and it was so low effort but so successful I'm trying to figure out what went right

I've never understood why she isn't an A-lister. If Green Lantern rings are 'the most powerful weapon in the universe' then why isn't she regarded as the most powerful living weapon? She never has to recharge as far as I know but she's always been a c-lister hero, somebody else's love interest, or the "No Todd don't do this!" person most of her time.

You'd think the Guardians would have taken a bigger interest in her...than again they let Bendis's latest donut steel hack a lantern so mebbie it doesn't really matter.

Attached: Jade_Earth-2_01.jpg (353x354, 67K)

....the Marvel character using the name Atom Smasher

Well first of all Jade is just a weaker version of Alan

Jade was always a thot, even when Thomas wrote her.

no kidding

Attached: Infinity, Inc. 013-005.jpg (1988x3056, 2.35M)

post the page where she's an extra in a Conan the barbarian expy movie

Attached: Infinity, Inc. 013-006.jpg (1988x3056, 2.37M)

Imagine spending actual time hating people for their opinion

I'm trying to find it.
Here's this in the meantime
>Grundy the pool boy

Attached: Infinity, Inc. 040-020.jpg (1988x3056, 1.84M)

>Grundy the Beach Boy

Attached: Infinity, Inc. (1984-1988) 042-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1.6M)

The Conan pages

Attached: Infinity, Inc. (1984-1988) 043-011.jpg (1907x2932, 2.6M)

Attached: Infinity, Inc. (1984-1988) 043-013.jpg (1907x2932, 3.14M)

Attached: Infinity, Inc. (1984-1988) 043-014.jpg (1907x2932, 3.07M)

>that totally uneeded ass shot

Who does not?

>Todd had no issues with merging bodies and minds with Jennie
understatement of the fucking century

Attached: COMBINE.jpg (1938x1459, 798K)

and Kyle's reaction.
Todd was already established as gay here, but that didn't stop his boner for his sister

Attached: too_luke_and_leia.jpg (780x1456, 406K)

I had no idea Obsidian was this based.

Is All-Star Squadron worth getting?

That was never up for debate.

>Is All-Star Squadron worth getting?

hard yes

liberty belle is fucking badass

Let's be brutally honest here. Todd probably makes Damon dress up as Jade, including dying his skin green and wear a green wig, and fucks him multiple times breeding him while Damon screams
>impregnate me my twin brother, I want your babies

Nah there’s only one Starman

Uh the whole point of the Robinson series is that there are quite a few and even the impostors and losers deserve love

there's one in the tv series (at least as far as we know)

You said it

Attached: RCO004.jpg (1280x1805, 797K)

Imagine your father looking younger than you...

Attached: FB_IMG_1568325536911.jpg (500x379, 47K)

That’s super, but none of them can call themselves Starman

Is Hawkman a bad father?

Attached: FB_IMG_1568325481754.jpg (456x600, 61K)

hector was literally born without a soul.
he was destined to be a douche

Thats glorious. It parodies really good the autistic batman behaviour to have everything batshaped.
But he started his bat identity to bring fear to villians.

Moldoff is a GOAT

Attached: 86769.jpg (868x1018, 681K)

The characters spend most of the time bitching at each other is literally the only way any story lasts longer than 5 seconds

I want to fuck Jade so badly guys.

Todd please.

fuck, I did it again

But ain't Todd gay? Why would he do his sister?

Lewd

She's just THAT hot

Threads about older comics and such (even old X-Men) tend to be pretty chill since the only people really wanting to talk about them are people who have probably read them at least in part and you're not really going to score points by just shitposting.

But that's kind of a general thing on Yea Forums. Pre-2000s anime threads on Yea Forums or ones dedicated to a more niche series or genre tend to be pretty relaxed too.

He really shouldn't be having babies. Crazy people that have gone evil multiple times should be sterilized.

Drawfag where

No where unfortunately.

BEcause Jennie was the first person in a long time to show him unconditional love
He had like no friends, his adoptive mom left, and his adoptive dad abused him, then found he was adopted, and Alan gave like maybe half a shit about him compared to the two shits he gave about Jennie

Good work user

But the idea of a dude who had four parents fail him wanting to have a baby and be a dad is cute.

Doctor Mid-Nite is one of those designs that could've easily been shit but it's one of my favorites.

Attached: Charles_McNider_(New_Earth)_003.png (562x1338, 1.19M)

Mid-Nite II was,,, uh.. something

Attached: Infinity, Inc. 022-013.jpg (1988x3056, 2.13M)

The colors go good together

Tim should go back to looking like a Dr Midnite rip off.

Every night I shed a tear for Robinsons E2. At least he's got work on Stargirl

I still really badly want to know what he was planning.
Like apparently he, Didio, and Johns were planning a JL/JSA crossover but WHAT ELSE

>Every night I shed a tear for Robinsons E2. At least he's got work on Stargirl

It wasn't any good.

>replacing white male with black female

It was better than most post-Johns related JSA content

Having urinary incontinence is better than vomiting and bowel incontinence but you don't see me calling urinary continence good.

*incontinence

Urinary continence is in fact good.

I agree. Its called conflict or character tension.
Thats what makes a story really interesting. See wrestling. How much is show about a character dislike others.

Well it's difficult to be worse than killing Alan via splinters, making Todd an egg, shiving Terrific like a thug, making Terrific a retard, and making Alan paralyzed from the neck down.

Really hoping Alan isn't gay in this show. He was such a lackluster character. His complicated relationship with his son would be extremely neutered if he was gay too.

I'm sure as long as Todd is about Alan will be straight, thats the only reason they made Alan gay in the first place. Half the fun of Alan is out of touch dad

We still have to wait to see if Alan will show up (yes yes I know JSA show but still). Remember Hal never showed up in the CW universe despite being extremely important to both Ollie and Barry in the comics.

Wasn't there rumors of a GLC show even with the film happening? Surely they'd be able to get Alan if that's true.
There's also a ton of Wally and Jay rumors

>when you're awkward about your son being gay but you choose to live on the moon surrounded by fairies

Attached: and everything.png (540x563, 599K)

It's the butt pounding that's probably an issue. Poor Alan probably didn't know that's an option and had to find out the hard way He probably thought gays were celibate.

Attached: get laid kate.jpg (939x378, 109K)

Speaking of, here's the only other cosyume we've seen on Stargirl so far

Attached: 0062-bts-hires-9.jpg (4032x3024, 969K)

Just hoping that with OG Alan back this means that Todd is too.
Fuck nu52 Earth, complete garbage and I hope to never see those characters again.

*Earth 2

I want more comics about the JSA trying to adjust to today's world

Guides for reading Infinity Inc/All Star Squadron?

Aw come on we can at least make it to 500, we're so close

Who all do you think will be on the JSA book if DC actually makes one?

Maybe Andreyko? I'm not sure if Robinson wants to return after the fucking shit that went down last time and unsure if Johns wants it again.

Ya'll want to see my goofy as fuck JSA reading order I've been working on? No promises on accuracy

All-Star Comics 003 - 0057
Flash 123
Flash 137
Justice League of America 021 - 022
Justice League of America 029 - 030
Showcase 055 - 056
Brave and the Bold 061
Justice League of America 037 - 038
Brave and the Bold 062
Justice League of America 046 - 047
Justice League of America 055 - 056
The Flash 170
Justice League of America 064 - 065
Spectre 003
Spectre 007
Justice League of America 073 - 074
Justice League of America 082 - 083
Justice League of America 091 - 092
Justice League of America 100 -102
Justice League of America 107 - 108
Justice League of America 113
Justice League of America 123 -124
All-Star Comics 058 - 063
Justice League of America 135 - 137
All-Star Comics 064 - 068

DC Special 029
Justice League of America 147 - 148
DC Super-Stars Presents 017
All-Star Comics 069 - 074
Justice League of America 159 -160
Adventure Comics 461 - 465
Justice League of America 171 - 172
Adventure Comics 466
Justice League of America 195 - 197
Justice League of America 207
All-Star Squadron 014
Justice League of America 208
All-Star Squadron 015
Justice League of America 209
All-Star Squadron 025
Justice League of America 219
Justice League of America 220
All-Star Squadron 026
All-Star Squadron Annual 002
Infinity, Inc. 001 - 011
All-Star Squadron 031 - 035
All-Star Squadron Annual 003
Justice League of America 231 - 232
America Vs. the Justice Society
Crisis
All-Star Squadron 030 - 040
All-Star Squadron Annual 003
All-Star Squadron 040 - 050
Justice League of America 243 - 244
Infinity Inc. Annual 001
Infinity, Inc. 010-029
All-Star Squadron 051- 060
Last Days of the Justice Society Special
Secret Origins
Infinity, Inc. 030-53
All-Star Squadron 061-067
Justice Society of America, Vol. 1
Armageddon 2001
Justice Society of America, Vol. 2
Zero Hour: Crisis in Time
JSA: The Golden Age
Doctor Mid-Nite
JLA 028 - 031
JSA: Returns
Starman
JSA, Vol. 1: Justice Be Done
All-Star Comics 80-Page Giant 001
JSA, Vol. 2: Darkness Falls
JSA, Vol. 3: Return of Hawkman
JSA, Vol. 4: Fair Play
JSA, Vol. 5: Stealing Thunder
JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice
JSA, Vol. 6: Savage Times
JSA, Vol. 7: Princes of Darkness
JSA, Vol. 8: Black Reign
JSA: All Stars
JSA, Vol. 9: Lost
JSA, Vol. 10: Black Vengeance
JSA, Vol. 11: Mixed Signals
JSA, Vol. 12: Ghost Stories
JSA Classified
Justice Society of America, Vol. 3
Justice Society of America 001 - 004
Justice League of America 008
Justice Society of America 005
Justice League of America 009
Justice Society of America 006
Justice League of America 010
Justice Society of America 007 - 018
Justice Society of America Annual 001
Justice Society of America 019 - 020
Justice Society of America Kingdom Come
Justice Society of America 021 - 054

Robinson and Johns are probably out tI'll editorial changes. I don't blame em

user asked who will be on it, not who we want to be on it

we're probably getting tynion, williamson, orlando, bendis, king, or snyder, depending on how much dc is planning to actually push the book

i could see robinson on it since he straight up wants alan to fuck him
johns probably not tho because he's too busy

Robinson is not going to return, especially after how DC fucked him over.

he just wrote 20 issues of wonder woman like a year ago

I meant for anything JSA related, not entirely at DC.
And don't say the show because Johns had nothing to do with that.

She, and the other minorities (like the hot MTV latin american wildcat) got killed by Eclipso.

I'll take her costume over Hourman 2.

Nah they're both so shit I can't decide which one is worse.

This one was cool though

Attached: Hourman_Rick_Tyler_0001.jpg (639x952, 91K)

Definitely Hourman II

Attached: Infinity, Inc. 021-000.jpg (1985x3052, 1.48M)

Literally impossible. I could sit here for the rest of my life trying to decide which of these is worse. It would have to be a coin toss.

Doc Midnite's suit is not a good cut but the colors and general design are much better than the traditional Mid-Nite costume. Black and yellow is perfect, and the suit being skintight looks better.

>the colors and general design are much better than the traditional Mid-Nite costume

Attached: 6534866949.png (500x375, 192K)

Agreed!

>Doc Midnite's suit is not a good cut but the colors and general design are much better than the traditional Mid-Nite costume

Attached: confused-kid.jpg (1050x700, 78K)

The hood mask is unique and definitely makes or breaks the look.

Eh, I could see some JSA writing having Alan be gay or bi and do some commentary about older gay men finally coming out.

Also this is Alan we’re talking about. If anybody could be old and gay and still have bio kids, it’s him. He could just make them out of Starheart bullshit.

Whether he's gay or straight, Alan needs to always be a Chad.