Not long ago I invited a prohibitionist to supper, and induced him to drink a horn of Pilsner...

>Not long ago I invited a prohibitionist to supper, and induced him to drink a horn of Pilsner, assuring him that it wouldn't hurt him and hoping that it would cure him of his mania. He confessed afterward that its effects were surprisingly pleasant and harmless. He retained the use of his so-called faculties, and was aware of no impulse to kick over the table or brain the waiter. But he felt that he had to object to something, and so he objected to the taste. "It is," he said, "too bitter. I'd like it better if it were sweet." Fancy that, Hedda! Pilsner too bitter! That fellow, when he gets to heaven, will object to the fact that angels have wings.

-H.L. Mencken

Attached: 1567810793453.png (599x282, 48K)

Sorry people don't like your piss water, OP.

A lot of drinks taste bad desu. It's trial and error and some of it is conditioning yourself to like it. Fruity cocktails are where it's at

This is wrong, though. Anyone who says this hasn't tried a Paulaner Doppelbock before.

Attached: paulaner-salvator-768x951.png (768x951, 342K)

>be ameritard reddit-comic man
>drink literal peepee in a can, probably bud or natty
>”why does beer taste so bad guys?”

Attached: 256503A9-7C0F-4F73-A923-C6C584ACF5B3.jpg (1414x1113, 194K)

Good news, we sell other kinds of beer besides love in a canoe

You know, that comic sort of reads like one of those Yea Forums shitposts that claim that a given popular video game isn't actually fun and people who play it are just pretending to have fun.

Attached: 569.jpg (800x600, 173K)

>A comic about someone pretending that everyone is pretending they like something
>A quote about someone pretending that everyone is pretending they dislike something
hmm maybe op is not very self-aware huh hmmm

Hi Randall.

That's why they created oatmeal stout.

>make one (1) comic about beer being bad
>drunktards stay mad for literal years
Is Randall the most based man around?
Are beerfags the most thin skinned people on earth?

Both comic and quote describe the same type of absolute ninny.

Both comic and quote are WRITTEN by the same type of pretentious ninny.

just frozen chicken nuggies and ketchup for me thanks

IPAs > stouts >>>>>>> wheat beer

i don't think alcoholics are pretending to like it, but its like bendisfags. They like it legitimately and just have terrible taste.
Alcohol tastes like rotting ass and getting drunk is only appealing to the perpetually depressed and unhappy

I think beer tastes like shit but I like whiskey.

hell yeah

Attached: straightedgebois.png (855x721, 1.13M)

Yes, you are correct, this IS analogous to a beer drinker's taste

Preach brother!

Attached: 2hmk8pv.jpg (600x448, 32K)

Faggot.

>Don't drink good tasting drinks because you're not supposed to
Bitch

Nothing less manly than caring what other people drink and worrying they’ll judge you for what you drink.

I bet that's what you repeat when you take it up your ass

Isn't the taste not even the point and you drink to get drunk?

Based insecure user

Attached: 1538631470604.png (400x400, 197K)

It's both, if that were the case I would just take vodka shots since it's the least amount of calories and lowest chance ill have a hangover

You'll jerk off to the smell of your own shit, praising it for smelling so much better than American shit.

>lowest chance
Myth

It's the purest alcohol besides fucking everclear, from my experience it's not a myth. Alcohol that has high sugar content or darker alcohol is more likely to give you a hangover.

Worse hangover is champagne

I found the worst hangover to be brown tequila and wine

lol

Don’t worry user, I’m sure that Pilsner will make the dick go down better.

>Don't like alcohol
>You've just never tried the right one!
Why? Why does everyone think this? It's not like I'm trying to talk people out of enjoying their drinks, I just don't like it myself.
I don't like having anything up my ass, that doesn't mean I just haven't found the right dick to shove up there.

He sounds like a cunt.

And I rather like beer.

Bad analogy, considering not every drink tastes the same while every dick will feel similar up your ass depending on how you're taking it.
Anyway, the comic assumes from the start that every beer tastes the same:
>What do you drink? Stouts, lagers?
>Anything's fine
Which is absolutely false, these two are on both ends of the spectrum in fact (dark and clear) and are brewed differently.

Oh yeah, Tequila is a killer

Bitter != bad
There are many flavors that can be enjoyed to various degrees in different forms. Not everything needs to taste like candy or a soda, and if you think that way you have tha palate of a child

I've had IPAs that have tasted radically different from one another. I know this is shocking but galaxy brained stick figure webcomic guy might be some kind of pseudo intellectual.

>Why does everyone think this?
Societal conditioning.

Because 9 times out of 10, the person saying "I don't drink" is being an insufferable smug cunt about it like OP's comic.

Also because nowadays they make cocktails that taste like everything from Dr Pepper to iced coffee, it's absolutely a fact that you haven't tasted enough to judge what you like or dislike if you "don't drink".

>Also because nowadays they make cocktails that taste like everything from Dr Pepper to iced coffee
I don't drink coffee or soda either. Again, not for any my-boy-my-temple nonesense, I just don't like coffee (coffee crisps are pretty good) and I stopped drinking soda because I realized I was doing it out of habit instead of desire.
I'm just really boring, I guess.

I love how much of a narcissist this guy is. Like, you can KINDA suss it out through his other comics, but literally
>I personally don't enjoy beer, therefore the ONLY reason ANYONE drinks beer is because of societal conditioning
>it is IMPOSSIBLE to actually LIKE beer
>now time to put myself on the cross and act like it's such a chore to NOT be a self absorbed cunt at my friend's party
It honestly reads like some legit mental illness. Like actual delusions and unironic cope by a man who can't conceive of being wrong or maybe just having bad taste.

So you just drink water? What is it that you drink?

I'd still say there's probably a fair chance there's SOMETHING you'd enjoy, but even still it's totally cool to choose not to drink so long as you're not a cunt about it.

There's a big difference between
>No thanks, I don't drink
And
>No thanks, that all tastes like shit and you're only pretending to like it because you feel the societal pressure to dull your senses, I'm above all that you see

Honestly can't relate because I don't like the taste of any alchahol so I just don't drink because I never wanted to be drunk enough to get past the taste.

water, milk, juice (vegetable too), homemade smoothies
I stay away from energy drinks, but that's more of a me-being-a-cheap-bastard thing..

>Also because nowadays they make cocktails that taste like everything from Dr Pepper to iced coffee
They say that, but no, it just takes like alcohol wearing a Dr. Pepper or iced coffee cosplay. You never mistake those drinks for being their non-alcoholic counterparts. How heavy of a drinker do you have to be to not even be able to taste the alcohol anymore?

You've been drinking shitty cocktails, mate

Literally the entire point of mixers is to cover up the alcohol taste. If you're still tasting it the person mixing it is either pouring too heavy or they don't know what they're doing. Of course, tasting the alcohol is fine if you like the taste of alcohol.

I can not stand beer at all. When I drink, it's either mixed drinks or cocktails.

based underage

I exclusively love piss water. Light pilsner is a beautiful feat of modern engineering, because any off taste would be detectable. Great on a hot day, or pacing yourself during a session. Of course, a gin and flavored seltzer for a cheap whiteclaw is another alternative for watery booze.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (642x361, 68K)

I get the feeling this is an actual exchange he's had with someone in real life because his friend's reaction is too real. He's far too sympathetic for someone who's supposed to be in the wrong, and the guy is just being a cunt and doesn't even realize it.

becuase many people inccorectly believe it is possible to have fun without drinking