Become pet jester for 3 sociopathic higher beings

>Become pet jester for 3 sociopathic higher beings
instead of becoming equal/ friend to regular gems
>Back to old self instead of developing beyond just the programmed"best friend" persona like all the other gems (Pearl, Garnet etc)

Was it a bad ending?

Attached: 1567578806217.png (1254x1158, 457K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hxJ4A1e3JRY
youtube.com/watch?v=MzxZ8qtdun0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>never gets human cock
Yes

Attached: 1567601338109.webm (720x404, 1.08M)

>not wanting to be the pet of 3 space goddesses

Attached: a big girl.jpg (1324x2048, 310K)

It was, but that's not why.
Nobody ever fucking touched her. Nobody even once showed her the smallest mote of real affection and it's been bugging the fuck out of me.
Steven's hugged notably more dangerous gems that he's known and owed less than he did Spinel.

Considering the cold facade of understanding she was given, she and the Diamonds seem like a decent fit for each-other. They're at mostly complimentary stages of redemption.

Attached: MrO1.png (500x500, 29K)

ATTENTION.

WE WILL NEVER GET A QUALITY TOY OR STATUETTE OF SPINEL.

FUUUUUUCK FUUUUUUCK FUCKING FUNKO POPS FUCK

Attached: EEFPvqXWkAAV1ew.jpg (1753x1447, 134K)

>No life sized plush of Spinel with stretchy fabric and a real speinl gemstone that you can hug and hold hands with all the time

Why the fuck should I even go on?

Attached: 1567636132784.png (886x886, 403K)

At this point I'm desperately refreshing Etsy and googling for any news on it. Still nothing. There's a shirt that'll make you look like a pedophile, and a weird pillow with her face on it on CNs website, though!

Attached: 1568009736624.png (682x570, 189K)

Thats kinda the point I was making. Steven acted very distant to her, and didn't apply the same morales he applied to previous gems

Attached: 1567538858534.png (1280x720, 1.21M)

This ending legit made me said/angry

Attached: 1567607824397.png (1920x2157, 1.67M)

Same. Shit unironically bums me out. Can't imagine her life with the Diamonds will be very great either, since I doubt they are really "reformed" but rather they just act nice because they want Steven to like them.

The work part about it tho is the more i stop and think about it the more holes I find in it. Like she legit wanna go with them because the diamonds remind her of pink. You know the same pink whom she was so angry with she went and picked a fight with the next best thing to her.

There is no part of the goddamn ending that made any sense for any reason save the simple fact they ran out of time/budget, but I digress

>You know the same pink whom she was so angry with she went and picked a fight with the next best thing to her.
She was so mad because she loved Pink so much. Pink was still her best friend. The Diamonds remind Spinel of before she was abandoned. Back when she was happy. Plus it was still a fresh start for her that literally walked up onto her doorstep where she could be herself again with people who don't hate her. And who she can sympathize with, being left behind by Pink Diamond.

Basically, Spinel and The Diamonds filled the holes in their respective hearts that Pink left when they met each other.

Attached: 1567697686700.jpg (540x696, 104K)

Like said, it's kind of a "hole in their heart" thing for both parties. That said, is that healthy? It's one thing to find someone else to fill a void in your life, but it's a whole 'nother thing to introduce friends/family of the deceased into your life because they "remind you of them".

I think it's pretty healthy. They'd already been suffering for five thousand years, now there's someone new in the palace who actually wants them happy. And makes them happy. Anons keep saying "oh they'll get bored of Spinel eventually" which I doubt will happen, but even if it did it's so far into the future Spinel will be able to recover emotionally from Pink and learn to love again. And in the process make new friends. Maybe even finally be able to confront Steven.

And Spinel, after six thousand years of nothing, followed by a day of pain and suffering, she finally gets to do what makes her the happiest and that's bring joy to people. It's a happy ending for her. Sure Steven should've hugged her because she fucking deserves any form of affection in the world. But she still gets AT LEAST a thousand years of happiness from the Diamonds.

Attached: 1567714620402.png (1602x1100, 38K)

While that is true to a point i think that sums up one of the major issues I have with it. It's message also fall kinda short when we just had Steven go on about change how it's important and letting go of stuff etc etc in the final.

>They'd already been suffering for five thousand years
That's nothing for them though. It's always seemed like the death of Pink is still a "recent" event for them.

I also can't help but point out the YD thought Spinels suffering was funny and the other diamonds seem to think of her as little more than something that kinda reminded them of pink. So a fucking holo photo, or the zoo would do much the same thing.

They've still be suffering. Whether or not it's been a long time for them doesn't really matter. Spinel helped solve that problem.

And keep in mind I'm thinking of this directly from what the show was trying to do. It's clear that Spinel and the Diamonds are happy together. No amount of headcanons can change that. But feel free to call me a retard if in the next season Spinels first episode is all about how moving in with the diamonds was the worst choice of her long life. But as of now, this is definitely the happiest all four of them have been in a while. Which is a happy enough ending for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=hxJ4A1e3JRY

Just look at that cute pink gem, bouncing around learning how to love again.

I mean, Blue seems to recognize her suffering. And we don't really know what White thinks. She was completely speechless when she saw Spinel. And suddenly decided to adopt her.

Hell, if I wanna be a headcanon faggot for a moment, I'd even risk saying Yellow brushing off Spinel's suffering was her acting tough. She isn't exactly open with her feelings about Pink. Unlike Blue who projects her feelings to the world.

Also they seem to appreciate the fact that Spinel knew what it meant to love Pink. There's few in the galaxy who knew that. Only, like, Pearl can say that.

Attached: EDh93pPUEAAT9DO.jpg (1800x2550, 372K)

Some okay things though

Attached: Screenshot_20190910-070949.png (1440x2960, 534K)

>And keep in mind I'm thinking of this directly from what the show was trying to do. It's clear that Spinel and the Diamonds are happy together.
Yeah I get that, I'm sure canonically it's going to turn out completely alright. I just like thinking of stuff "realistically" I guess.

Attached: 3674.png (990x1594, 766K)

Speaking of pedophiles
>The diamonds are pedophiles

Attached: Screenshot_20190910-071156.png (1440x2960, 1.04M)

>Realistic
>In the show with talking lesbian rocks
I kid, but still I think this is genuinely good when thinking "realistically" as well. Not for everyone, fucking obviously. For some people, being reminded of who they lost makes it way way worse. I'm sure some of those people are the ones who hate this ending.

But for others, having the hole filled is enough to get you back on your feet and being you. Clearly Sugar is one of those people. Different perspectives is all I'm sayin'.

Attached: 1567822810808.png (500x375, 124K)

>Realistic
>In the show with talking lesbian rocks
You know, I actually almost put a joke like that in my post but I forgot to include it after I got caught up in a little rewrite.
As to your point, I agree but I also feel like it should have been handled a bit differently. Maybe they could have had the Diamonds actually move to Earth but still take Spinel in, so that they could be happy together but Spinel could still make new friends and have a life outside of "entertain Diamonds."
I dunno, her just going to homeworld to basically become a jester just seems like it's throwing a bit of character development away.

Attached: 1567551891200.png (1280x866, 856K)

Attached: God I wish that were me 2.jpg (10000x10000, 1.61M)

The difference is that she was too effective at throwing off his game unlike most gems and chaotic. Allowing herself to be reverted and constantly hang on him created and aggravated that distance because he never could find his center before she'd flip the script again.

I think it was mostly that the stakes were too high for him to properly help her out emotionally when he had a bunch of other stuff to also worry about. You can see him completely drop his spaghetti during the Rejuvenator scene, he was at his wit's end.
Kid spent over half of the movie dying due to his gem getting fucked by the Rejuvenator, and Beach City/the Earth was slowly getting poisoned by a planet destroying bio weapon.
Not to mention, he was actually trying to talk things out with her before the diamonds showed up and took her in.
Still, it kind of felt rushed, and i still think we got robbed of a good talk between the two.

Attached: god damn it steven.jpg (2548x1149, 198K)

I could forgive that, I can forgive that. Except for that last part. The ending, the big emotional resolution for the movie felt rushed. After everything that had gone through the movie we lost the big emotional pay of for the ending, as well as a few other scenes that maybe needed a bit of expanding. But what really gets me, the thing that has me seething with rage is the fact that in this big feature length movie we had to do a big recap of the characters back story TWICE, TWICE and to make worse the 2nd time going through shit we already knew about the characters, that wasn't presented in a new way or anything that we might have gained a greater insight to them took up half the fucking movie it.

If they had just condensed the meandering of getting the character memory's there would have been plenty of time to do the ending better, give some closure, let Steven and Spinel have an actual fucking conversation and fucking TALK about the issue like what the series seems more than willing to do in every other instance. Mind you that starts to delve into a much larger deconstruction of the movie that I'm to tired to bother going into atm.

TLDR; The movie meandered in some places, no emotional payoff at the end, it's greatest sin is it could have been so much better than it was

Attached: 1567894786341.png (1920x1080, 1.52M)

I really hate the moment where Garnet gets her memory back. Spinel has just been categorically shown that she's wrong, that Steven isn't planning to throw her away, and that her relapse was for nothing, but instead of following up on it the movie switches focus to Garnet. It's like a spoilt orgasm.

What bugs me mroe about that part is how Garnet actively fights Spinel, unlike Steven, who just takes her punches and tries to calm her down.
True kinda lvoe was great tho, especially the little instrumental part.
Made me nostalgic, I think it's a homage to something, cuz I swear I recognize that type of scene with the "uplifting" music while something bad is happening.

Attached: 1567977400314.jpg (1280x1185, 392K)

THE ENDING WAS SO CONFUSING

Unironically, yes.

Attached: getvid_2.gif (656x368, 441K)

it is because steven is a selfish whiny little kid , just like his mother a selfish whiny little diamond .

They deserve each other.

Alll that's missing is a box with "Only stupid gems who try to commit genocide get in this box"

>have three empresses groveling before you
>blow them off
Come on, Steven. At least give them a taste first.

Attached: Dick so bomb it topples dictatorships.png (683x384, 432K)

well that just means she gets a season 6 arc

i can only hope

that would be the only reason to watch

Attached: whatarefriendsfor.jpg (492x621, 37K)

>You will never have a pocket sized Spinel to cheer you up when you're feeling blue.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-09-10-11h48m51s596.png (1920x1080, 670K)

Yes. It was a giant damper on an otherwise surprisingly good movie. SU is incapable of having a good arc ending. They could have sent her to gem town or had her get shattered nobly since they can't keep her as a regular but instead the sent her off to be a possession for some barely redeemed villains who don't really care about her as a person.
SU merch is a joke. The only good things we got were unofficial plushes that cost hundreds and that one unofficial Peridot statue.

She's going to live in Blue's cleavage.

Don't give me hope user.

Attached: 1545615725928.jpg (692x969, 49K)

>S6 is pre movie and the last season
>Sugar never foresaw spinel being this popular and made her a one shot character
>At best the crew can squeeze her into the epilogue with a shot of her playing with the diamonds and pearls.
>If they can't do that then sugar will just post some semi canon fan art and call it a day.

Guard your heart

Attached: medieval-art3.jpg (660x660, 101K)

It was kinda an unsatisfying way to end things. Partly because it just seems to feed into the gems unnatural manias.

i thought it was super shitty that they took her in because she reminded them of pink

Attached: dont-give-me-hope.jpg (768x409, 29K)

Yeah SU has had a lot of surprisingly fucked up morals and while that isn't at the top it is close.

What happens when you assign a Spinel to another Spinel?

They will probably just team up on someone else.

They wouldn't dare mistreat her so long as Steven still gives a shit about everyone getting along, though I'm worried about Steven getting less enthused about "healing" everyone.

Obviously the stray Spinels would bond over their love of making people happy, form a wandering friendship gang and brighten the day of anybody they came across. It would be madness.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 89K)

>Somehow the group has grown to about a dozen Spinels.
>They saunter down the street in formation.
>They've got a group jacket and everything.
>The sing subversive lyrics together to slightly dissonant music that seems to be coming from nowhere.

imagine

youtube.com/watch?v=MzxZ8qtdun0