This Movie Just Baffles Me

Anyone else remember this adaptation?

Like, what in the holy **** was the mindset behind the many strange choices it made?

Attached: gadget.jpg (1011x1500, 360K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jzoTAIaECrs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Somebody in Hollywood liked Matthew Broderick too much
After Ferris Bueller (which he was cool in) he kept getting roles he clearly didn't have the talent for, like Wargames, Lion King, and this shit

I'd tell you to go back to R*ddit, but you're already here.

>”hey Gadget, it’s a clip on!”

it's funny cause he says grab the balls and he grabs his BALLS XD

Sadly, that's probably the only legitimate funny scene in the whole movie.

As usual, the direct to dvd sequel was closer to the source material.

Those movies worked out well, though. Also Godzilla '98 was fun.

They were trying to out-bizarre the premise of the original show, a crime-fighting action show where the titular character was absolutely worthless.

"Hey, you know that Penny kid in the cartoon?"
"The blonde girl that fixes everything behind the scenes?"
"Yeah, only I was thinking she should have brown hair and not fix anything."

Well, they certainly succeeded in that area at least.

To be fair, An entire movie of the main character being completely terrible at doing anything would have been unwatchable.

I mostly remember the red headed sex robot

It works for Clouseau in The Pink Panther.

Is Disney still attempting a remake?

>this moment brought to you by Disney

Attached: E2358FCE-16F1-4F9B-AA34-E3254B06EBA5.jpg (1100x618, 70K)

Clouseau always winds up saving the day in the end, he just causes obscene amounts of destruction in the process through the sheer power of his clumsiness.

In the early 2000 Disney made more raunchy family movies from forgotten properties no one wanted, like George of the Jungle and Mr. Magoo
I think they realized that since dumb parents would be the ones forcing their kids to go see the flicks just because they recognized the name and the kids would be like "Why are we watching this shit?", they should slip a Adam Sandler tier joke or two for the adults

Attached: acc33e7a860554b1d17aa4283611b116.jpg (553x881, 69K)

I thought it was okay, but that 15 min scene were Inspector Gadget brutally murdered those Irish ladies and called for another potato famine was a bit too much for the kids.

The Dudley Do-Right movie was better than the George Of The Jungle movie. At least I remember laughing more at it as a kid.

I know the sexual tension between Brain and Penny was aways present in the original show, but i don't think a kids movie should be so explicit about this

I loved this movie as a kid and watched it over and over.

Mr. Magoo got yanked from theaters in a week because it "made fun of blind people."

It must have been directed by Raimi

All of these were late 90s though.

eh, like your

Now that I think of it, why was this scene so problematic?
youtube.com/watch?v=jzoTAIaECrs

Attached: 46DF4E8E-1CE4-45C9-B715-03AC5B13CF1F.jpg (960x1440, 440K)

Because the entire fanbase of Show Dogs got offended
All the three old ladies

That's the entire premise behind Mr Bean.

I do and I fucking loved assembling the happy meal toys to get the full figure.

I think the point is that the Mr Bean is that he is able to fix or make a even bigger mess out of a simple situation in a unexpected way, it escalates and you don't know what the pay off will be
Mr Magoo is like "i did something wrong and i didn't even noticed again"

>Comprende?
>Comprende.
>No, you fool, you must conjugate the verb. You say 'comprendo'
All I remember from that movie, the bad guy giving a Spanish lesson.

The part where he crashes the gadgetmobile killing both a woman with her mother was far scarier.

All I remember about this is the following: his car wasn't anywhere near as cool as the cartoon version, there was an evil Inspector Gadget that had plastic teeth for some reason, and they inexplicably decided to make Claw's identity known from the outset.

Oh, and one other thing: even as a child I was massively disappointed watching it.

Gadget wasn't COMPLETELY worthless. There weemre actually times when he displayed a shocking degree of competency. In particular, whenever lives were on the line other than his own (that he was immediately aware of), he never fucked up once. Generally, Gadget has never allowed Penny to come to harm either.

Ignoring Gadget's relationship with Penny was probably the biggest fuck-up of the film.