No thread about the new Suicide Squad? Tom Taylor with art by Bruno Redondo. Harley, Deadshot in an ugly costume...

No thread about the new Suicide Squad? Tom Taylor with art by Bruno Redondo. Harley, Deadshot in an ugly costume, the rest.

Attached: scaled.susq_1_5d76f5e8ecc111.66289270.jpg (1200x1821, 651K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/suicide-squad-returns-new-comic-book-series-dc-1238337
newsarama.com/46868-new-suicide-squad-ongoing-coming-from-injustice-2-creators.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I thought there would be no Suicide Squad since Leviathan destroyed every secret organization?

>wasting Tom Taylor on Suicide Squad
>not putting him on Batman after King
What a waste.

Bendis will take over Batman

Hi, Tom. Go and write your walking dead fanfiction.

>hearing rumors for months that Azzerello might be getting a Suicide Squad book
>pretty hyped, can even stomach Harley Quinn in that instance
>find out it’s actually Tom Taylor
>Tom “Injustice” Taylor
>the same guy who had Harley Quinn help blow up half of metropolis and kill hundreds of thousands of people
>the same guy who turned her into a face because she said sorry and it was all Joker’s fault
>the same guy who fucking wrote All New Wolverine
Goddamn DC, it’s like every fucking time I want to pull another one of your comics, you jump in to make it as unappealing as possible...

Attached: image.jpg (641x1639, 702K)

>>the same guy who fucking wrote All New Wolverine
I'm failing to see the problem with this.

Taylor's a good choice if we go by Injustice. hes got the dark comedy and villain camaraderie thing, but I have yet to see his Waller if its any good, and the Squad is only as good s its Wall.

Im still hoping Priest would have a stint on it, though.

Did you read All New Wolverine? Because while it wasn’t outright Bendis levels of bad, it was by no means good. A single page from the first issue and the Civil War 2 tie ins were the highlights of the whole series.

Tom Taylor is not a good writer. He can throw out a good quip here and there, but his characters don't come off as real, they have a phoneyness about them and their personalities, as expressed through awkward dialogue and decision making that fill farmed from twitter. Despite writing Injustice I think he's a bad fit for Suicide Squad, he's no good at getting to the grit and moral ambiguity of a black ops team. Injustice 'works' as an AU with a high concept to it, but it has no real grounding in anything that Suicide Squad desperately needs.

I'm sure this well be just as forgettable as the other Suicide Squad books with Harley leading it.

>fill
feel

All his X-books have been rubbish.

>it was by no means good
All I got from this is you're full of shit.

Taylor's Wolverine was pretty garbage. He had no idea how to write Laura and she came off as a completely different character. He tried to pass it off as character growth but the problem is we never saw her growth, just the character Taylor decided she had become.

Taylor would be all right for Suicide Squad if his characters never had to talk for any reason. His dialogue is hot garbage. His monologues are somehow worse.

Attached: a842e6f1-98e6-48c0-b832-e660343ea3fb.jpg (1221x1920, 940K)

So yeah full of shit.

According to rumors, Tom King wants to retire Bruce and have an original character he created who is black African American take over the mantle.

Yeah, Honey Badger was lame

his dialogue is toothless sugar rotting pap.

He took a stoic badass with years of history and turned her into Buffy. It was stupid.

Tom Taylor is literally fixing the Star Wars sequel characters by himself

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.11M)

No one wants to touch the main Batman book after King. Not even Tomasi according to one user who met him at a con.

He also named her husband (or was that Honey-badger?) in the future after himself.
You’re not really offering much in the way of this discussion, you’re just covering your ears and shouting “not uh”. Did you read any of All New Wolverine? If you did you’d know how low the quality of that comic was, and no I don’t mean the edited page talking about Pokémon Go. Seriously man, go and read some it.

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-001.jpg (1988x3056, 913K)

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-002.jpg (1988x3056, 1.18M)

>caring about Bendis’ garbage
Everyone is ignoring it, you should too.

Was ment for my bad user. I think Honey Badger should have been shipped off to Champions rather than stick around Laura so she could fill Logan’s role of collecting preteen sidekicks

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-003.jpg (1988x3056, 1.53M)

This page still haunts me. Nightcrawler shouldn't talk like a Twitter-verified wine-loving dog mommy, fuck. He was in the circus!

Attached: tumblr_p9ju0fhCnU1ru09bvo2_540.jpg (527x810, 221K)

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-004.jpg (1988x3056, 1.69M)

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-005.jpg (1988x3056, 1.95M)

Can we just not? Look, DC. I know Suicide Squad was lucky enough to make 700 or 800M (I cant remember).

But can’t you just let the SS comic go and focus on fixing your other characters and teams? (Especially Aquaman and Wonder Woman!)

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-006.jpg (1988x3056, 1.86M)

Suicide Squad isn't a secret organization, it's an off-the-books government hit squad.

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-007.jpg (1988x3056, 1.68M)

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-008.jpg (1988x3056, 1.64M)

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.64M)

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-010.jpg (1988x3056, 1.73M)

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-011.jpg (1988x3056, 2.38M)

Gotta bs honest user, this little Storytime isn’t making me excited for Taylor to be on Suicide Squad. I mean, i applaud your efforts and all, but, yeah.

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-012.jpg (1988x3056, 2.26M)

>there won't be any secret organizations at DC anymore because of a dumb mini-event

If you're interested, I've got a bridge to sell...

Maybe if you actually bothered reading it you'd feel different, Taylor is turning shit into gold here

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-013.jpg (1988x3056, 1.84M)

What's the point of having a Suicide Squad book where half of the cast is guaranteed to not die? Why can't it go back to being about Z list villains that could die at any moment, instead of Harley & Deadshot featuring their disposable friends.

And instead we get Azzarello's Birds of Prey, which sounds much more interesting.

I wouldn’t mind. I really really really like dc King’s annual about Bruce and Alfred. It was really touching. And after King’s run, Batman needs some touching moments (and no, Bruce being obsessive and broken over Selina isn’t touching, King).

I'm enjoying the storytime, user.
Taylor can be trash, but he can also be Kino.

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-014.jpg (1988x3056, 1.9M)

Is that Magpie in the back?

>the same guy who fucking wrote All New Wolverine
That's the problem with it.

Where did Yea Forums praising Superior Iron Man to high heavens go? Why is it when a writer makes one fucking bad book everything gets retroactively turned to shit in their eyes?

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-015.jpg (1988x3056, 2M)

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1.5M)

I am reading, and all he’s doing is polishing a turd, it’s shiny and nice, but still a turd all the same user.

>admitting that it's well written
That's all I wanted user, that's all I wanted.

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.74M)

I liked King’s Batman annual and his Superior Iron Man.

I just don’t give a crap about Suicide Squad. Maybe if it was something else. Like a Question book.

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-018.jpg (1988x3056, 1.59M)

Really depends on who the roster is going to be made up of, will it be a fresh team? Or will it be the team from the movie like they did when the Suicide Squad film came around? The latter is what has me worried.

Superior Iron Man is Taylor's only good Marvel book and it was barely a miniseries.

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-019.jpg (1988x3056, 1.76M)

What the fuck are you talking about that's not what the expression means. When you polish a turd you don't make it nice and shiny, you just keep getting shit smeared on you because it's a turd, you can't realistically polish that shit.

Thing is, we have seen what he does with characters like Harley Quinn, and that’s what has me worried about him being on Suicide Squad, which has basically just turned into the Super hero team that Harley Leads.

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-020.jpg (1988x3056, 1.38M)

>issue is actually making me like Hux
I thought nothing could be redeemed from these films, but now I see it's not the ideas that are the problem it's the people making the ideas

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-021.jpg (1988x3056, 1.88M)

Aw, look at the baby corvette!

>Not even Tomasi
That's how I know that it's made up. They wouldn't put someone like Tomasi on a high profile book. Tomasi is not the one to deny offers like this.

Taylor was born to write villains. I've never read a single good book under him where it was following a hero, but when it's a bad guy Taylor is you're number one go to guy. Suicide Squad is a perfect fit for him
I've only seen him write Harley in Injustice where the whole point was to make as edgy of a universe as possible

Attached: Star Wars - Age Of Resistance - General Hux 001-022.jpg (1988x3056, 1.17M)

We live in an era where Tynion is the Alan Moore of our generation. Tells you about the quality today.

>Tom Taylor with art by Bruno Redondo
Oh no, I love them, now I'm gonna have to buy fucking Suicide Squad!

>the same guy who had Harley Quinn blahblahblahblah
That was Boon you faggot. Taylor had to write around the game, not the other way around. He even admitted in some DCeased interview that he disliked writing Wonder Woman as OOC bloodthirsty bitch.
Taylor's only failure about Harley is that other characters didn't dunk on her more often - but when they did, like Kents, it was delightful. But the illogicalness of Harley becoming Batman's sidekick while Barry was yelled at for using speedforce at all were all stuff from games.

Attached: smug selina.jpg (373x507, 161K)

>Tom Taylor
so it's going to be complete trash, got it

>The latter is what has me worried.

Why? Outside of Harley it's the traditional BoP roster. What a stupid complaint.

>takes away all of Laura's characterization
>takes away her all her problems/issues
>sticks her with Honey Badger
>Laura is now without personality and is reduced to a baby-sitter

>Tynion is the Alan Moore of our generation
oh fuck off, his dialog is somehow even way worse than Taylor's. JLD is complete shit too

Yes.
>confirmed dead in the first issue.

That’s not really a complaint as much as it is a concern, admittedly I’m pretty casual when it comes to BoP, so I guess I should have clarified that my worry is that, like Suicide Squad, it’ll just end up being another Harley Quinn and Friends, since that’s the way the film is shaping up to be

I really am not looking forward to what he would do with Black Canary...

That Yea Forums will call the best suicide squad run since John Ostrander.

Yeah, but it's totally different thing when you write Batman in Detective Comics, right?

>like Suicide Squad, it’ll just end up being another Harley Quinn and Friends,

But that's not what Suicide Squad has been. Especially in Rebirth.

OP, I've regarded Suicide Squad with sullen, pessimistic indifference for years now not helped by Waller never ever getting her comeuppance and all the misguided push Harley's been getting. And frankly I see nothing from this that motivates me to change my opinion.

>the Alan Moore of our generation
Shouldn't that be whoever's doing Dial H?

>I really really really like dc King's annuals about
This is fascinating. Everything I've heard about King's run has alienated me from it completely. Sincere question, what's so great about it?

>Tom Taylor

Alright. The guys got some pretty good work under his belt

>Harley once again being forced down our throats

Fucking hard pass. How many more books does this annoying cunt need, FFS

Full PR because it's a leak on DC's own part and OP is a faggot:
>TASK FORCE X RETURNS IN A NEW SUICIDE SQUAD ONGOING SERIES THIS DECEMBER

>Bestselling INJUSTICE 2 Team of Writer Tom Taylor and Artist Bruno Redondo Reunite for the Wildest Version of the Squad Yet

>BURBANK, CA – (September 10, 2019) – The unlikeliest villains in the DC Universe are back in their grittiest incarnation yet as DC today announced plans for an all-new SUICIDE SQUAD ongoing series scheduled for December.

>This new version of Task Force X is already full of changes, with new villains—any of whom could die on a mission or be dispatched by an all-new and mysterious leader who has replaced Amanda Waller.

>This Squad’s new mission is to neutralize a new group of international super-terrorists known as the Revolutionaries—and not everyone on either side will make it out alive! But when the U.S. government’s most deniable team of antiheroes realizes that the surviving Revolutionaries will be joining the Squad, that’s when the fireworks really begin!

>According to an exclusive interview with The Hollywood Reporter, writer Tom Taylor talks about just how much he’s raising the stakes in this new series: “Truly, no one is safe, there’s a new regime, and this regime sees this team as assets and nothing more. They don’t care if they lose them in the field, they can always get more, and they DO get more.”

>When DC’s most desperate villains are combined with new inmates of Belle Reve that Task Force X has been trying to kill, who can Harley Quinn and Deadshot trust? These misfits not only have to worry about surviving their next mission, but each other as well.

>“Bruno and I have been working together for around eight years and he’s one of my favorite artists in the world,” said Taylor. “We speak the same storytelling language and we have the same storytelling values. Getting to create all new characters with Bruno for DC is a bit of a dream.”

>The 40-page, $4.99 debut issue of Suicide Squad is scheduled to release December 18, 2019, written by Tom Taylor with art by Bruno Redondo, cover by Ivan Reis and Joe Prado, and variant cover by Francesco Mattina.

Rich the Leech BTFO

>DC
>Continuity

You can only pick one.

Some of the characters that'll appear

Attached: IMG_20190910_074423.jpg (639x1142, 94K)

Attached: IMG_20190910_074528.jpg (746x1298, 83K)

>an all-new and mysterious leader who has replaced Amanda Waller.
Wot

Tom Taylor is shit and so is your taste.

*new
That abbo is named Corinne

>A riff on Manvers?

>no, Bruce being obsessive and broken over Selina isn’t touching

It's not meant to be. It's mean to depict Bruce's suffering after he thought he found solace and salvation.

Here's the THR article in question:
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/suicide-squad-returns-new-comic-book-series-dc-1238337
(not up at this moment)

Taylor’s BatCat was far better than King’s one.

>Harley will survive
>Deadshot may be dies, but ressurected
>Cavalier is dead
>if this is Karshon, not King Shark he is dead
>Magpie likely survive, because of CW Batwoman
>Vortex is dead
>Tom Taylor: intrigue, bicthes

Yeah, I'm disappointed too. Azzerello would have been perfect for Suicide Squad. I'm still going to check out the new book, though.

>Vortex is dead
I think that's Zebra Man, but he's dead meat all the same.

Newsarama's copy-paste of the DC PR, while the THR article is still not yet up:
newsarama.com/46868-new-suicide-squad-ongoing-coming-from-injustice-2-creators.html

>there’s a new regime, and this regime sees this team as assets and nothing more. They don’t care if they lose them in the field, they can always get more, and they DO get more.”
I mean isn't that what Waller believed too?

Vortex and Zebra-Man is same character, user.

The THR link is finally up

>Writer Tom Taylor, who reteams with 'Injustice' artist Bruno Redondo, teases that not everyone will survive issue No. 1.

>For DC, things have been unusually quiet on the Suicide Squad front since the end of the last comic book series, written by Rob Williams, back in January. That’s going to change in December with the launch of a brand new ongoing comic title by the creative team behind the best-selling Injustice: Gods Among Us and Injustice 2 comics, Tom Taylor and Bruno Redondo.

>Taylor and Redondo have been teasing the series for a couple of weeks on social media, offering up glimpses of new characters under the hashtag #SquadGoalsDC — and the fact that there are all-new characters making their debut in the series might be the first hint that this is a new beginning for the team of super villains turned anti-heroes.

>As it turns out, things will be very different for the Suicide Squad when the series debuts, as Taylor revealed when Heat Vision talked to him about taking over the fan-favorite title via email.

>Let’s start with the big one: What is the Suicide Squad now? It’s been an army unit of disposable soldiers for special missions, a government agency of daredevils and scientists on the fringe, a covert task force of supervillains for missions either too deadly or politically sensitive for regular operatives, and a private mercenary team for hire to whoever’s feeling most generous. With Event Leviathan taking place in current DC comic books — reorganizing the status quo of the world’s intelligence agencies as it goes — can you even give a hint about what the Suicide Squad is going to be in your book?

>For a long time, there's been a sense of safety around the Suicide Squad. The anti-heroes and villains have gone out on the mission, fought dirty, won dirty and most of them have come home. In our book, that's not the case any more. The team we send out in issue one won't all live through the first mission. DC characters with years of history are going to be confined to history after issue one. Truly, no one is safe.

>There's a new regime, and the new regime sees this team as assets and nothing more. They don't care if they lose them in the field, they can always get more. And they do get more. Alongside fan-favorites like Harley Quinn and Deadshot, all new characters are going to be debuting in this book. New powered people are coming, and they do not want to be there. This is the most divided the Suicide Squad will have ever been. The missions will be hard, but surviving each other may be the hardest of all.

>Suicide Squad is a comic with a long history at DC, but one of the constants of the comic, especially since John Ostrander took on the concept in 1986, is change. There are all kinds of recurring characters in the different incarnations of the team, but the only one who’s stuck around continually is the big boss, Amanda Waller. Should fans expect the same this time out?

>There are going to be a whole lot of changes in our series. So much change, in fact, that issue two is practically a new number one. But we're taking that even further. I can't say how, but the entire book is going to change [and] veer in a direction we haven't seen in the Squad before. Honestly, I'm not even promising Amanda Waller makes it past issue one.

Find someone who actually said that.
Because all I've seen is people pointing out that he tries and fails to ape Moore at every attempt.

>You’ve been teasing people who follow you on social media with some newcomers to the team — who happen to be all-new characters you and Bruno are creating. I’ll be honest: Between Injustice and DCeased, you’ve gotten a reputation for being a writer unafraid to kill your darlings, literally. Are you creating new characters so you can have cannon fodder down the line, Tom?

>Why create new characters to be cannon fodder when you have a list of established characters you can kill off? [Cackles maniacally.]

>Thylacine.

>One of the main things I want to do with this series, and editors Brian Cunningham and Andrea Shea are with me one hundred percent, is to push the idea of these actually being suicide missions. No reader should know what to expect when picking up this book. We don't want anyone reading our series and thinking, "well, they can't die because they're in the movie." No one is off limits here. Our new characters, and some more obscure established DC characters, offer us a chance to have real stakes. If someone dies in our team, they're not coming back. We want readers going in with a sense of nervousness. Yes, there will be some despair for our team, but their victories will be sweeter. When and if they survive, it will feel big.

>Our characters are from all over the world — we've already teased Thylacine from Australia and the teleporter, Wink — and they all know each other. We in the creative team are already close to them, but not as close as they are to each other. We still don't know who'll make it and who won't. Don't get attached.

>One of the joys of Suicide Squad as a concept — in comics, TV appearances and even the movie — has been the chance to see some obscure supervillains from the DC back catalog given their long-awaited due. Again, just looking at your Injustice work makes it clear that you’ve got a deep and genuine affection for DC mythology, so is this a tradition we’ll see continued with the new series? And if so, any names you want to drop as a tease…?

>We'll absolutely see some more obscure villains. We'll see some very early on, and I have a list of more I want to use if... say, unfortunate things happen to some of them. We have Cavalier, who I think is ridiculous, but the squad needs ridiculous, Shark, Zebra Man — who has great, unique powers, Magpie — who I've always associated with that first team-up of Superman and Batman, and others.

>The book brings you back together with your Injustice partner Bruno Redondo; the two of you made a formidable team on that book, and it’s clear from the response to your social media teases that fans are excited to see you work together again. What is it about the two of you that gets people so worked up? Or, if you’re feeling too humble to proclaim your combined genius, what is it about Bruno’s work that gets you so excited?

>Bruno and I have been working together for around eight years and he's one of my favorite artists in the world. He's been off drawing a little book called Justice League for a while, and both of us have been getting edgy with this time spent apart. So, I'm overjoyed we could get him for this.

>In many ways he's my dream collaborator. We speak the same storytelling language, and we have the same storytelling values. We value the acting of the characters above anything else, and Bruno has this rare gift to make readers feel more than almost any other artist. The loud bits and the quiet. He nails comedy and he nails sorrow. His acting is subtle and nuanced. Lots of brilliant artists can draw Batman punching someone in the face and grimacing. Bruno can draw Harley Quinn covering heartache with a smile.

>Getting to create all new characters with Bruno for DC is a bit of a dream. We hope you love all the of new characters, and we hope some of them survive our Suicide Squad.

I will never forgive him for Earth-2. Never.

Also the fact DC has Priest, he pitched Nightwing and got it rejected and now has no projects with them after DS ends is ridiculous when he wouldve been perfect for this book

Do you think there's no chance for Priest's pitch to be accepted after the Ric shit?

Of course not, Didio hates when writers of any caliber higher than Lobdell or the like are put on Legacy books. It happened to (early) King, Waid and Samnees Daredevil was a rejected and reworked Night wing pitch, apparently Morrison pitched JLA as a Titans book originally, and I'm sure if Hickman ever gets close to his dream of doing a Titans book then Didio will ask him to make it a JL book and he'll walk

>If someone dies in our team, they're not coming back.
Yeah, right. We'll just see them again in a couple of months/years.

I'm not well-versed in DC characters so can anyone tell me who the floating shark torso guy is

Karshon

>>the Alan Moore of our generation
>Shouldn't that be whoever's doing Dial H?

>Dogfucker is the Alan Moore of our generation
always knew there was something wrong with Moore

>apparently Morrison pitched JLA as a Titans book originally
Ugh I don't think Didio was working at DC back in the 90s.

deadshots showing his face is stupid and makes no sense and of course they once again censor another female costume to no longer show cleavage