Mahershala Ali And Zoe Kravitz Were Approached For Commissioner Gordon And Catwoman In THE BATMAN

Both passed due to scheduling conflicts, but it might indicate the direction Matt Reeves that is taking the characters.

Attached: The Batman.png (486x605, 416K)

Other urls found in this thread:

heroichollywood.com/matt-reeves-poc-catwoman-robert-pattinson-batman/
collider.com/sneider-cut-crazy-rich-asians-pay-dispute-haunt-interview-scott-beck-bryan-woods/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Giancarlo Esposito and Jamie Foxx are currently rumored for Gordon.

Attached: James Gordon.png (973x514, 693K)

So is this DCEU or not?

I don't understand, why is ginger Gordon not ginger?

Vanessa Kirby has also been rumored for Catwoman, alongside Paul Walter Hauser as Penguin, John David Washington as Two-Face and Richard E. Grant as Alfred.

Attached: The Batman.png (936x620, 792K)

What does it mean that something is "rumored"? That you thought it would be funny?

Standalone.

DCEU

Why are they putting so much energy into standalone projects? Are they maybe trying to soft reboot the DCEU?

Yes.

WHY ARE THEY BLACK

mandatory divershitty pavement ape shitskin demon corruption of what were great characters

I don't see race. You do. You're raciss

JL killed it as a shared universe.

this is way past ridiculous

That the actors are being looked at by the director for the roles.

As long as WW, Aquaman, and Shazam are part of the new DCEU, I'm fine.

Although I could do with a recast for Aquaman but it's whatever at this point.

>source: my ass

heroichollywood.com/matt-reeves-poc-catwoman-robert-pattinson-batman/

collider.com/sneider-cut-crazy-rich-asians-pay-dispute-haunt-interview-scott-beck-bryan-woods/

But Jamie Foxx will be too busy playing Spawn in that movie that's definitely going to happen!

Because it's a creative decision to make them black.

Gives Batman a whole new reason why he's called the "Dark" Knight.

Because he's a coal burner.

Just accept it :o)

Attached: 1560980643627.jpg (1024x576, 69K)

Cringe

Attached: CB12043A-1816-478B-BDBF-5D029BD52255.jpg (1059x589, 354K)

wait what about J.K. Simmons

What's creative about it?

I wish we could've seen more of JK Simmons in the role, sucks that his only appearance was brief and somewhat uneventful

>black gordan
Hard pass

They're taking decades old characters and recreating them in a way that reflects more accurately to the outside world.

>Ginger
every time
What about JK Simmons ffs

because fuck asians

This reminds me of Billy in 1989. Do you think he would've been a good Two-Face?

Attached: 3565646.jpg (550x310, 25K)

Do you have a source for this or are you just pulling it out of your ass?

idk about good, but he would have been a lot of fun to watch.

I'm interested in what he would have looked like.

I think he would have been solid as a more serious Two Face, not the third rate Joker knock off they ended up going with

Someone did some art for a proposed continuation of the Burton films that would have seen Williams as Dent become Two-Face and Marlon Waynes become A Robin

Attached: 6833D4AE-3100-4168-B212-C62374FFFBD4.jpg (1200x1823, 310K)

I may be wrong but I get the impression that it's separate from DCEU but that it could spawn its own universe if successful.

I thought those two were "rumored" for Riddler?
What's that, OP is just pulling shit from his ass?

I could have sworn I heard it was supposed to be a quasi prequel kind of like Bumblebee

Attached: 1567566135301.jpg (640x983, 768K)

>more accurately to the outside world.
Are you telling me that it's more accurate for a police commissioner to be black? What percentage of police commissioners do you actually think are black in the real America? You think the kind of implicit bias problems and shootings of unarmed black men would be happening at nearly the rate they do if the police departments weren't run by old white guys? "Accurately" my ass.

I dare them to make Alfred black, now that would be funny.

Baltimore has a black police commissioner, doesn't it? Black cops are just as likely to perpetuate the circle of violence as white cops.

You took the bait. Don't take the bait.

Yeah, I think he could have done a good job.

>a black man raising his kid
Now that unrealistic

They're 13% of the population of New Jersey. The state Gotham is supposed to be in.

Nice!
Would have made Bruce a thousand times more interesting

Mahershala as Gordon would be unironically cool, but I can't blame the guy for wanting a bigger paycheck and role with Blade.

because catwoman been both raes since the 60's

>black Two-Face

BILLY DEE WAS ROBBED! ROBBED!!!

If Atkins could be a black commissioner why not Gordon?