Story that starts out happy and calm suddenly turns dark

>Story that starts out happy and calm suddenly turns dark
>animated adaption never

Attached: Bone.jpg (370x517, 55K)

Matt Zimmer is that you?

Nickelodeon was going to make a Bone movie, but the author backed out because the execs had terrible ideas.

Attached: kenya.gif (480x250, 494K)

When did it get dark? I read this shit when I was 10 years old and even at the time I thought it was pretty mild.

who here had a crush on Thorn as soon as she showed up? Come on class raise your hands no need to be shy
I know I did

Give it time. Usagi's getting an animated adaptation, no doubt some streaming service will pick up Bone in the near future.

It wasn't really sudden though, it was a gradual descent into darkness. Personally I like it like that, it made the tone feel more natural when it did get dark.

this page was an awakening

Attached: thorn.png (968x925, 1.09M)

Attached: thorn1.png (966x912, 1.51M)

Why are there no female Bones? The first female they get in contact with is a blond white woman. Is this some kind of allegory?

sexual awaeknings are awesome

Attached: 1562831766852.jpg (319x319, 9K)

Along with things like having a Britney Spears/N*Sync soundtrack (and those acts as voice actors if I recall correctly), one exec saw Fone Bone in the gardening gloves seen in and insisted that they be made into magic gloves that could shrink or enlarge objects.

There were other stupid demands but those two always stuck with me.

There are female Bones since Smiley talked about some of them while recounting the things that got them driven out of town; we just don't see them onscreen in the story.

Everything about the Bones and Boneville beyond the main trio is kept intentionally vague because Jeff wants the fans to imagine their own versions of it.

No there are female bones. Fone Bone mentions a female teacher, and in the quest for spark books there’s a girl bone if I’m not mistaken. Fone Bone probably finds Thorn exotic.

Pic Related

Attached: 0F683C00-F54C-40B0-AD32-265610AFC9E1.jpg (1681x2560, 654K)

I wish that they had all stayed in the valley in the end.

Attached: 1429394140546.jpg (600x450, 27K)

>mentions nuclear power in a fantasy story

No thanks.

>Phoney recounts his idea for a combination Nuclear Energy Plant and Salad Bar
>"It wasn't a silly idea! The lettuce wouldn't have spoiled for decades."

The scene you wouldn't be seeing in Disney Adventures.

I want a version where one of the bones brings a gun and teaches the savages in the valley about Darwinism

>>animated adaption never
Thank god. It's okay for comics to be their own thing, and to not be thought of as fodder for films.

The dude's gotta have a leg fetish there's so much leg stuff going on

>you will never read Bone for the first time ever again
It hurts
What other comics would I enjoy if I loved Bone?

Phoney Bone becomes Colonel Kurtz

Rasl
Kamandi
Pogo