Can you really blame rose for abandoning her?

Can you really blame rose for abandoning her?

>Despite being one of the strongest beings on the planet your older sisters treat you like an infant and leaving you with a toy
>it's damn good toy, sure. but after the first 100 years you've seen everything it can do
>every day it just sits there making the same shitty jokes, asking to play the same monotonous games, and making you swear over and over that you're her "best friend" like she isn't just a toy
>Finally get your sisters to treat you like a grown up with your own world and everything.
>This annoying little shit still wants to come with you and make everything a fucking joke
Honestly abandoning her was the kind thing to do. Had it been me I'd have punched the annoying cunt in the face. Put my foot on her chest and slowly pressed down until she poofed or shattered so that whether or not she survived she would finally know her place. A toy that others used solely to patronize me. Trash. Something no one could love.

Attached: spinel.gif (498x498, 282K)

isn't that what shelves are for, tho?

At least Jessie's owner had no idea her toy was sentient, PD had no excuse

eBay? Pawn shops?

Mod chips to get her to eat pussy?

abandoning her is uncreative and wasteful.

>Something no one could love.

Attached: time to destroy anon.png (1360x768, 444K)

Steven universe is shit, why do you care

Attached: 1568075882441.png (1600x1200, 587K)

It's got feelings. At least give it to someone else who needs it.

You saw the way the annoying little shit wouldn't give Rose (or even steven for that matter) any space. The last thing you want is during your journey of growth and self discovery is for this fucking thing to pop up going "Oh gee willickers I sure missed you. Lets play tag and sing about how we're best friends."

Telling her the shelf was a game was the best outcome to keep her annoying ass from making a clown out of everything Rose/Pink stood for.

pink is every rich twat who took a puppy home from the mall, and then when it got big and chewed up too much furniture, drove it to the woods and just let it out to fend for itself.

Attached: seymour small.jpg (190x190, 9K)

No. Pink was just an idiot. Spinel backed off a bit when Steven politely asked her to and only wouldn't totally let him go alone because she was scarred and got triggered when the event that drove her nuts was occurring again.

Pink had way better alternatives like leave her on Homeworld or something. She just went with the most dickish option because she doesn't think about how her shit affects others

She could have given it to another gem. A present from a Diamond would be seen as a blessing, so anyone would have took her.
There´s nothing wrong with Pink getting annoyed by her, but there is a problem where instead of dealing with a problem, you abandon it and never think of her for 6000 years.

It was
A fucking living thing with emotions and feelings
I don't care if spinel is a toy or whatever, she is a living thing with emotion and human level intelligent thought and pink KNEW that she would do whatever she wanted. You are an objectively shitty person if under those circumstances you let a non harmful living thing abandoned with no hope of ever contacting anyone else. Even if she did find her annoying, she could've just gave her to someone else. There was no justifiable reason to leave her there. I know you're probably a torturefag guessing by your post and that I'm wasting time responding to a shit post but I just wanted to say that.

also, she could have been bubbled.

the cruelty is the point.

Attached: co umblr will defend this.png (682x374, 219K)

Baby Hotline
Please hold me CLOSE TO YOU

keep trying, edgy mcedgelord. someday someone will take you seriously. probably because youre on a sex offenders registry, but hey.

>pink only used her for entertainment
>decides to abandon her when she got bored and found better things to do
>instead of even trying to explain that things have changed now or dropping her off back at homeworld, pink leaves her on a rock
>alone
>never leaving that rock
>thinking that her best friend will come back
>for 6,000+ years
>who knows how much more had steven not done the podcast
Pink confirmed worst girl

Attached: cunt.png (356x356, 134K)

DROPPED

>>Something no one could love.
I agree

Attached: Annotation 2019-09-06 175700.png (1816x570, 243K)

Is the hate for Pink Diamond just ironic or are people really so stupid to think that a single SU character is truly black or white?

Pink's problem is that she is hardly ever fucking straight up with people and is always running from her problems.

Spinel is being annoying and I want to "grow up" with this new colony thing? Just tell her to stop and/or stay on Home World to entertain her subjects.

Don't want to hurt the humans and live together but your sisters are bitchy about it. Its my fucking colony and I can do what I want with it.

but nah, leave the poor girl alone in the middle of nowhere thinking you are going to come back. Start a war with yourself and fake your own death because you can't just say "no" to your sisters. Nevermind all the gems you got killed with this stupid stunt.

Then there were the secrets she kept from even the closest to her and who knows what the fuck else.

Attached: Grunkle stan unamused.gif (540x304, 245K)

Fuck you nigger, you can't tell me what to do

I'm gonna hug her tight and make sure she never feels unloved again

Pink isn't black and white. She obviously not intentionally a cunt. However she is objectively an immature bitch who does not consider the feelings of others and is the cause of a lot of fallout. Even Sugar says as much.

Uh oh stinky

Attached: Le monke.jpg (550x550, 31K)

Pink is genuinely just a selfish asshole. And while the whole thing isn't black and white, she did genuinely love the earth and the people on it. However the bad she's down greatly outweighs the fucking good and she just comes off as a complete unlikeable headass all the time

You all seem to be conflating Spinel with a real Gem like pearl. You explain something to pearl and pearl understands and acts in your best interest.

With spinel you explain something to her and she has to make it FUN AND WHAAAAAACKY

Letting her think she was playing a game until the heat death of the universe is a way kinder fate than having to poof and bubble her/give her away/ any other option where she can just pop up and be a fucking embarrassment at any moment.

maybe the chest in lions mane dimension, but then you'd have to see that stupid fucking heart cut everytime you want to get something precious.

I might have agreed with you if it weren't for the fact that Spinel clearly does get that someone would like to have some space if the person tells her that. If Pink had ever bothered to tell her the truth she might not have wasted all that time with the disillusion of a return.

Attached: 698eb491-7b1a-4c49-b77d-4c318274f0b3.jpg (736x736, 163K)

>Spinel wants to be Steven's friend
>Steven is not enjoying her antics
>Makes it obvious he is worried about his friends who lost their memories
>Spinel proceeds to accurately come up with the idea that ends up saving them

Spinel can understand and act in your best interest as well. You just have to fucking make it obvious to her and tell her. Pink was always putting on an act or never taking a hard stance on a matter, instead electing to just bail and leave her thinking she'd return.

Honestly Pink Diamond has been shown that the way she deals with her issues is by running away from them. Ultimately she just dropped all of her issues on Steven all because she wanted to experience being a human. She was just a selfish cunt and everything she ever did was for her own pleasure.

I want to bully spinel until she cries.

>Letting her stand in a solitary spot conscious for thousands of years isolated from any interaction is better than simply KOing her or giving her to someone who could use a friend

Nigga what?

>You have to saddle this retard on your back, thouroughly explain when she needs to calm her shit down and hope she's accidentally useful
Don't see how that's fair to pink. Telling you, should've put her in a bubble and flung he somewhere no one would ever find her but pink was kind enough to let her think they were playing a game.

Shattering a perfect cut is something one does with a heavy heart. and if you give her away she could always come back.

I want to be there to dry her tears and punch those who make her cry

Attached: Papa Asura.jpg (1000x912, 495K)

If any of you reply to this person when the bait is this fucking obvious I'm going to make sure this thread goes down in flames so help me God.

Attached: 1568055346626.jpg (625x626, 109K)

Spinel was shown to be able to be more than just a goofy toy, she was complex enough to suffer and cry (and fight and destroy planets, too). PD probably only did routine shit with her every day instead of treating her like a person and giving her the opportunity to grow

>Not wanting Spinel to have been part of Rose Quartz's rebellion
>Not wanting rumors spread on the battlefield about a renegade Pearl and a berserk Spinel shattering entire units.
Missed opportunity

I still wanna see an actual drawing if what a crystal gem spinel would look like, both crazy and non crazy version. The only attempt I've seen of it is the fucking one edit from the movie where peral and spinels positions were switched

Under appreciated post

Attached: Mung.png (310x489, 71K)

people are just taking it personally

>A toy that others used solely to patronize me
You seem to be implying that children should be humiliated by playing with toys

Attached: EEECCYhWsAAS1MU.jpg (689x1199, 175K)

Good post.

Actually, poofing her would be far more kind than just leaving her standing there for 6000 years. She would've had a nice long nap instead of mentally rotting away.

Why didn't Pink Rose just convert her into a soldier like she did Pearl? Spinel would've been OP. Rose was just fucking lazy and/or dumb.

Because she was annoying her and by the time the whole war thing happened she probably straight up forgot her.

Pearls aren't real gems.

Attached: 1494525917957.png (625x1098, 241K)

This brings up an interesting question.

Can Spinel mature through any route other than the emotional trauma of being abandoned? All the other gems have changed their base-forms whenever they're confronted by great emotional stress or a moment of sudden realization leading to becoming a more mature version of themselves.

Can this exist for spinel in any way shape or form other than by being abandoned? Would she have grown up on her own if she had spent enough time with the crystal gems?

Attached: wm8p4ylrell31.png (2800x3500, 624K)

She wasn't designed to be a toy she was made to be a friend which is pretty flexible for gem standards.

>Oh spinel I'm actually going to get my own colony! Yellow, blue and white will finally see me as an equal but it's going to be a lot work. Spinel do you want to come with me to earth? Just know we'll have to be mature when we get there so there won't be much time for games, the whole empire will be watching us. I'm happy to have you come with me but if this is too much for me you can go back to homeworld and I come visit you.

It's a five minute convo tops. Spinel would have been a better fit for all the shit she did with pearl.

living things are well-known for being exactly symmetrical on both sides at all times

I actually think no, Punished Spinel is the the only way to unlock her full potential. Think about it: she's everyone's best friend, built to make people happy. No amount of positivity or convincing her will make Spinel actively spread negativity. She has to be broken to be... well, broken.

That being said, it's totally not worth it. Spinel is the most precious character in all of media.

Attached: 1567535156809.png (1280x1102, 912K)

The war, making and losing new friends, protecting humanity, losing rose, raising steven

Attached: Itsyourfunauntspinel.jpg (565x810, 33K)

After dealing with some shit I don't see why not. She'd have to face SOME form of hardship or an event that resonates with her obviously

Attached: Spinel eyes.jpg (1213x1410, 170K)

Attached: Death the Kid.gif (496x368, 2.16M)

>Can Spinel mature through any route other than the emotional trauma of being abandoned?

probably. Like instead of playing tag she could get into Dwarf Fortress or one of those ridiculous board games that take 3 days to play.

>we will never see a ptsd suffering spinel slowly coming to grips with the atrocities she committed in the name of rose quartz after the rebellion.

>Doesn't point out the asymmetric gem
one job

>Spinel becomes Laughing Octopus for a bit

Attached: Laughing Octopus.jpg (1280x1168, 237K)

Attached: BB15688D-EF4B-47A4-BFC3-55F3C52F98EB.jpg (1240x5142, 1.44M)

>Crystal Gem Spinel still using a Scythe
>Not a big cartoony mallet
Breddy gud/10 otherwise.

>abandoning the person that made you happy during your abuse because said abusers gave you something new
yes, yes you can.

this version of spinel is very cute and i wish only the best for her.

She doesn't really need a weapon, since she IS her weapon
If anything she'd transform her hands into hammers like Bismuth
Come to think of it, the main cast are really the only gems that have actual separate weapons, the others mostly just rely on in-built powers

>let someone else convince me to stop interact with a friend, eventually started to rarely interact with him again but we don't get along much anymore
>stopped interacting with someone I used to get along with out, no idea what happened, I just don't remember anything
>previous Best Friend was being a bit of an asshole so I screwed him over and stopped interacting with him for years, eventually apologized but haven't interacted since
>stopped having regular interactions with new Best Friend, never explained the reason and when asked about it I just pretend everything was normal until he got fed up with me and stopped interacting with me altogether, eventually started to rarely interact with me again
>Met someone I used to get along with, didn't recognize him. Actually I'm still not sure if it was him or someone else
>was getting along with someone who wanted to be my friend, let someone else convince me that he was bad and that I should stay away from him. Don't even remember his name and wouldn't be able to recognize him. He didn't get an explanation.
Am I officially worse than Pink Diamond?

Stop that shit

Rose was willing to change Pearl, why would she be any different?

She WAS really annoying, but she really should have just bubbled her instead of leaving her by herself, she didn't do anything WRONG, per say, so just tricking her to stand there is a bit much, even if it was obvious that Pink probably wasn't intending to leave her there forever, just got caught up in the colony shit + saving Earth to the point where she forgot or something.

At least if she was bubbled she wouldn't have had to perceive the passage of time.

I was going to ask you how, but if I can't help it, they're probably better off without me.

We don't know enough about other spinels in general desu. We just got the one that Pink initially desired.

when you think about it logically there is nothing more cucked than owning a pearl

She's clingy, but she can clearly learn to adapt to her friends desires. If Pink hadn't pretended to keep liking her games, Spinel would have found more agreeable ways to be a companion to pink.

Yeah, I think so. Pink would have needed to confront Spinel with the reality of how their life was going to change, that she was going to have more responsibilities, and what she would need from her "best friend" was not to be distracted with juvenile games all the time, but to actually get help running a colony. It might have taken some explaining, but I think Spinel would have gotten it eventually. But Pink was too emotionally immature and chickenshit to actually do that at that point, while at the same time, trying to make it look like she was mature to the Diamonds.

nor the asymmetric shoulders

>No blue Spinel in an Olive Oyl outfit with teardrop twintails that just wants to chill out and play games or make ridiculously over-animated shadow puppets or something
>No angery yellow Spinel that will chase you around like Tom or Wile E Coyote, because you're the greatest game of all
>No white Spinel that goes full Betty Boop

could spinel muster up the sex appeal of crossdressing bugs bunny?

Wow this show is garbage, can't believe its slightly asymmetric how can they look at this and think "yeah this is good enough to show to our audience" like wtf seriously, this trash is inexcusable it's a wonder this show is even allowed to exist with such terrible asymmetric quality. This specific shot has to be the single most disappointing thing in a cartoon ever.

I don't think that's possible user
Even Steg might have trouble reaching that level of pure sexual energy

That or Spinel could’ve taken the lead.

Attached: 8CA751DC-8037-477F-A294-7E21FD03D213.jpg (1239x5017, 2.49M)

Yes. If she is able to have multiple friends, losing one without losing the others would be enough.

Remember Pearl had a much weaker starting position than Spinel did (effectively a robot) Spinel could have developed over the course of the war if even Pearl was able to.
Pink originally saw all gems as ultimately disposable

Looking like a whole circus with that act.

Attached: c0dc422e5e825c29963c2fef1b1d844a.png (500x502, 92K)

Realistically it's doubtful she would even take the war seriously, and the odds of her accidentally revealing Rose's identity were astronomical.

Fuck is going on the last panel?

Probably Spinel being to PD what the rancor was to Jabba.

I mean you literally can’t say no to Diamond because she will take you over and make you do shit anyway.

She gave Pink 6000 years of space.

She took standing still seriously for 6000 years. PD just has to make it into a game.

No, she had to make it into something that Spinel knew made her happy. She still thought games made her happy. Games aren't what Spinel took seriously, it was her happiness. Pink didn't realize that.

It could be even easier than that. Just say "hey Spinel could you take the colony stuff serious and not treat it like a kids game? it's really important to me and I'd be so happy if you treated it seriously." She'd fucking agree before PD could even finish. I mean, what's Spinel gonna do? Do the thing her best friend specifically said would make her unhappy?

The only time she's ever done that was when her punished self surfaced when Steven asked her to wait for him.

Attached: 1567700542714.png (1080x1157, 427K)

No matter which way you slice it, Pink Diamond is a shit

Attached: ED_zSfXVUAEi4GS.jpg:large.jpg (1821x2048, 412K)

Imagine standing still for 6k years and then being greeted by your friend's mom telling a fairytale rendition of their life without you

Attached: IMG_20190909_030600.jpg (3641x4096, 1.24M)

how long do you think it took before she lost hope completely and was just standing there because of normalcy bias and despair?

And they leave out alll the horrifying shit that might have made her more understanding.i can't imagine what would have happened spinel had made friends with a gem that got corrupted

>PD had no excuse
Except she did.
Pink came from a world where gems were used as walls. A gem was made with a purpose, and you didn't question it, or assume it could move beyond it. The feelings and sentience of lower life forms were never paid attention to, if they ever believed they had those things at all.

Of course, Pink was clearly no longer this way when she became Rose, but what we see her do to Spinel was ages before her own development would occur.

Attached: 1568016439179.jpg (960x686, 123K)

This. The diamonds simply waved off sapience and emotions as those coming a faulty gem. Hence why rejuvenators were made, to “rejuvenate” out-of-line gems.

That’s why Blue and Yellow recoiled when White showed the pink hue of embarrassment, because White is not supposed to be impure (ie having emotions).

I hate that your pic related probably actually happened, and pearl might be a big reason spinel was left to rot

This. "Throwing out" a sentient being is extremely fucked.

Even from a practical standpoint. Spinel is a great fighter, there is no reason to abandon her.

Is this the new edgelord thread?

I struggle to find anything wrong with Pink's actions within the context of her universe.

Now we are two.

Spinel would have been terrifying in the war