What did you guys think of Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus?

What did you guys think of Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus?
Personally, I thought it felt kind of like a cash grab. The weird gothic dystopian future/light horror vibe is pretty much gone, becoming a pretty standard modern cartoon with hints of cyberpunk. The world these characters were immersed in were just as important as the characters themselves, since Earth was the main foil for both Zim and Dib. The balance of the cast is way out of whack since more effort is placed on the secondary characters like Gaz and Membrane.
Since Gaz did a 540 and became more of a real sidekick for Dib, rather than an unwilling sidekick, Dib doesn't get enough space to be his funny, crazy, egotistical self and instead comes across as a whiny bitch whose arc is dependent on other characters. Now Gaz, she had her problems, especially in season 2 where they played up the evil, all-powerful little girl angle, but changing her outright into a caring sister doesn't work for the setting or the characters, it's just a distraction, and even worse she's not funny or cute anymore. If she kept the same design and personality but could still subtly showed that she cared for her creepy, disgusting brother, you could have had some heart without sacrificing the ZIM-ness of the setting. Dib struggled a bit to be a good character early in season 1, but he was pretty much tuned to perfection in season 2, where his animations, voice acting, character design, personality, and relationship with the world around him hit that groove of being consistently funny, entertaining, and engaging. I think Enter the Florpus does regresses him back into the floundering character he was in season 1 and makes him less entertaining by making him more dependent on his family. Also his redesign is bad.

Attached: Enter the Florpus.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

Professor Membrane was a character best used very sparingly. Florpus makes him the main protagonist in the last act, which is fucking weird. Dib, the creepy, egotistical, socially inept, immature, is supposed to be the sole defender of Earth, and the main source of comedy is in seeing him struggle to either combat Zim's plots or try and expose him to his peers that hate him. By involving Membrane so much with the plot, he sort of loses his allure. Also his redesign is bad.
Zim is still Zim, but there wasn't quite enough of him being a creepy and sinister invader. He's just a bit too much like a sitcom version of himself in this special, but they could have done worse with him. The writing in general is a lot safer and simpler than it was in the series and that's where Zim himself suffers the most.
Clembrane was an awful character and I hated every moment that he was on screen.

Still a had a lot of good scenes and positive things going for it, overall I'd rank it 6/10 by its own merits. If you're starved for just more Zim it's definitely worth getting into, but if you're more discerning and you're hoping for a return to that Zim style, you'll find that all they have here is Zim Lite. Close, but the same flavor.

Nice blog bro

Attached: tumblr_112d26f23915d8329adf6ae5ba8d66b6_12132a95_1280.jpg (750x747, 89K)

You don't even know what a blog is you fucking idiot?

I liked it. It felt like an average Zim episode, with few changes. I liked what they did with Gaz, they fleshed her out, gave her more character and avoided the shitty tired trope of sibling hate. Membrane was great too. I was entertained from start to finish.

And to make it all better there was ZERO propaganda and NO politics.

>Personally, I thought it felt kind of like a cash grab.
And that's where I stop reading because this is bullshit.

I thought both the artstyle and Gaz were improved from the original show. Overall, I liked it.

You would.

It was great.

Nah, Jhonen just made this because his Disney pitch flopped and Nick did it because they wanted to shovel more Gir merch. It had people behind it that cared about what they were working on, but as a cartoon, it's not really a labor of love.

Oh no... another Zim thread also you are here a little late to be honest...

It was mediocre with some a couple good gags.

Attached: crazy.png (512x323, 341K)

>Nah, Jhonen just made this because his Disney pitch flopped
And your proof is?
You know besides your ass?

Why are you so obsessed with men's asses?

Yeah that's what I thought.

>YOU'RE UGLY WHEN YOU LIE, DIB
>I'M NOT LYING!
>THEN WHY ARE YOU UGLY?

You're right but you'll still get called a faggot by nufags that think the comic is superior to the original series.

Attached: 1543346431583.jpg (720x540, 282K)

Nice strawman.

>complaining about Zim when Yea Forums is nothing but Steven Universe now

I don't care when those people disagree. Their preferences matter too, even if they're lame and boring.

Attached: Dib lice.png (511x328, 332K)

>And your proof is?
Jhonen has demonstrated on multiple occasions that he has grown to resent everything that made Zim Zim. Not just the annoying fans, but the core fundamentals of the show. This is reflected in the drastic changes to writing, tone, art, setting, etc in the comics and the special. His own new product failed so he went with a really by the numbers modern style adaptation of a sure thing. Nick would of course pick it up because Zim always turns a profit merch-wise.

It's not superior but a lot of the issues are just as good, though i also prefer the comic over Florpus simply because characters act more like they did in the original, Florpus is still a good movie, but i don't think it'd want a full IZ season like it so i'll just stick to the comic. Also it's newfags not nufags, a nufag would be a new type of fag

That's still not proof.
Especially when you're saying it's a cash grab because he changed stuff he thought was bad and regretted about the series.
That's 100% bizarro logic you're using

>Especially when you're saying it's a cash grab because he changed stuff he thought was bad and regretted about the series.
So you admit he went back to make a very standard entry in a series he hates just because it would be a surefire success.

Now you're just making bullshit up, and ignoring what I said.