The Adventures of Sam & Max: Freelance Police

Why don't people talk about this franchise more?

Attached: hqdefault (4).jpg (480x360, 14K)

The password is “haggis”

The show was good but definitely declawed compared to the games/comics. I think it kind of just doesn't "fit in" anywhere and is very tonally all over the place and surreal, and most people don't know what to make of it.

I played the Telltale games after only watching the show, and was surprised by how dark some of the jokes were.

I was introduced to the franchise by the games.
And to the company responsible.
And that led to me being introduced to some more things.
Is there a term for when that sort of thing happens?

I'm always really surprised when people say they saw the show first, I played the DOS game first and assumed most people did.

I replayed it again a few days ago, writing still holds up!

Saw the whole series on YouTube after I got recommend some video and I really enjoyed it

It's entertaining but not a very active franchise.
Especially considering Steve Purcell is pretty active with Pixar work.
People say the possibility of more Sam & Max games died with Telltale but even if they managed to stay afloat I doubt they'd ever have produced a fourth season.

Rip Harvey Atkin

>died with Telltale
I'm still incredibly salty over Wolf Among Us

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 357K)

It's nice that Purcell has a cushy job at Pixar, but I wish he had more time to give S&M some love.
Maybe those guys re-establishing Telltale will take notice that one of the company's biggest failings was paying through the nose for giant IPs, and they'll try to get a new Sam & Max or Strong Bad game going.

Attached: sam.png (389x365, 198K)

I wish I were home playing fizzball

Attached: 4966967704_1121100dff_b[1].jpg (1024x777, 363K)

Comic is OOP.

>you will never play fizzball with Purcell and Mignola

Hey user, wanna rub my unicorn?

Attached: 1564199746300.jpg (842x640, 90K)

They are getting action figures from Boss Fight Studio later this year. I can finally have Sam and Max interact with my superhero figures with irreverent abandon

>Is there a term for when that sort of thing happens?

Normal.

>Steve Purcell is pretty active with Pixar work.
I'd kill for a Sam and Max Pixar movie

Does anyone know if they make good stuff?
They've never made anything I cared for until now.

It's sad too because that was actually gonna happen.
I doubt S&M Season 4 was ever a possibility to Telltale in its final days.

Wolf Among Us is probably going to happen. Some dudes bought the company with the intention of starting development back up, and the DC license is still active.

Attached: Hit-the-Road-Board-Game-sam-and-max-38917060-1280-905[1].jpg (1280x905, 455K)

I somehow never clocked he was koopa until that sticky fucking hell

Anyway the cartoon is great, maybe a little watered down compared to the comics (except bad day on the moon which is 10/10) but still absurd, hilarious and highly quotable

rabbit hole

>Still call all the basic volume brands Cheap, Evil Smelling Beer to this day

I may have used a screencap from the cartoon, but take note of the fact I said "franchise"

A heart breaker but hey maybe it'll get a limited run when the Action Figures come out.

So far looking at review videos of their Bucky O'Hare line and their fantasy stuff their quality is pretty good. Plastic is solid. And for the price the Accessory Count is decent.

Disney/Pixar keeps Steve Purcell pretty busy. As he's one of the few really competent people around there.

I have their Dead Eye Duck from Bucky O'Hare and 2 Toad troopers and I enjoy figures and the amount of accessories they come with.

He seems to be the guy they call in to salvage a project when they're otherwise about to cancel it

He' s almost been a director a few times. He's saved a good few Pixar films from oblivion.

I'm happy that he's so successful but sad that it means that Sam & Max is kind of a dead franchise.

I guess it's better than if he sold it off to a media conglomerate and got run into the ground.

This is what I'm with too. I love Sam & Max but I'd rather it stay dead than get revived by people who don't get it. I know Purcell usually won't sign them off unless he's involved directly but I feel this is a massive 'Be careful what you wish for' moment.

He did Boxart for the Action Figures coming out.

And when they released the Bucky O'Hare they had a run of the comic done, which you can still buy.

Maybe Sam and Max will get the same treatment.

I'd be perfectly fine with just that.

>yfw large budget sam and max movie with pixar talent

PLEASE

PINK BELLIES... I HATED THOSE, TO THIS DAY I HATE THOSE!

Attached: 1567171636944.png (1017x766, 597K)

>Sam and Max Pixar movie

Attached: D_ly6OdWkAE6DV5.jpg (400x376, 14K)

not pixar talent, what we need is a sam and max movie with the same talent as movies such as into the spiderverse, captain underpants, and charlie brown.

in other words something stylized more to the franchise's liking

He's already said it wouldn't work as the moral ambiguity goes against the whole Pixar thing.

you right

Don't think that could happen though when Purcell's still working for Pixar, that'd be like selling Pepsi at the Coke plant cafeteria

Curse you Melon Hardgraves!

Doesn't Disney own Blue Sky now? Maybe they could do something.

Attached: d113lff-16fd4419-12e8-4a76-9a9a-81c066af45bb.jpg (752x1002, 297K)

Bump

I just want another Sam & Max-related piece of media before I die. Is that too much to ask for?

I'm dreaming of a playable build of the LucasArts Freelance Police game to leak or be released in some official form before I die. That'd be great.

Same.

He directed Toy Story that Time Forgot, which was quite good. A much better entry in the series than 4.

really? a shame

HEY GUYS!

Attached: Lorne.jpg (280x400, 23K)

I thought that was just with conspiracies and secrets. Or at the very least having connotations of them.

Because it’s dead. It’s not polite to disturb the dead

IT'S LORNE

THE FRIEND FOR LIFE

Attached: lorne_friend_for_life_5450.png (200x160, 53K)