You can't just expose people to the Terrigen Mist. What if they don't want super powers?

>You can't just expose people to the Terrigen Mist. What if they don't want super powers?
Who the fuck doesn't want super powers? Honestly this just sounds like a jealous roasty trying to justify not letting people be genetically superior to her.

Attached: Untitled.png (2597x1449, 1.99M)

In Marvel, "superpowers" sometimes means "the ability to be green and covered in warts and nothing else"

It's a real shitshow of a universe.

You might get shit powers like that Inhuman whose "power" just turned him into a door forever.

>Who the fuck doesn't want super powers?
There's a guy who's superpower is "I can stretch my skin 5 feet and look like a crinkled nutsack", there's a guy who's superpower is "My body is just a pink blob with a visible skeleton", there's a guy who's superpower is "I look like a bird and have hollow bones". For 80% of his Hulk life Bruce Banner's was "If I get angry an unstoppable ragebeast comes out to attack everything", imagine that but you're like... just a dude who maybe grows horns?

Superpowers can legit ruin your life in that universe.

Hey casual, terrigenesis can also fuck up your body. For example, there was a little old lady that got exposed to the mist and she turned into a horrible octopus monster.

Yeah.

A good example of this is Moon Girl. She literally actively avoided Terragenesis.

That's not even getting into the fact that it can take you away from your old life.

Let's say you were an Inhuman with a perfectly stable home life, friends, and a bright future. Well, fuck you, because now some moon people's magic gas is going to turn you into an unrecognizable freak, probably giving you no choice but to live with these fuckers on the moon.

you're getting hanged up on the wrong thing Her point is the inhumans aren't giving you a chance sure you might be able to drive away from the fart gas but what about that person that can't get out of town and then they get their cool super power of being disfigured and drafted into the inhuman hierarchy and get that bullseye painted on their back by any anti-mutant/inhuman organization

Who the fuck would want to be a Inhuman?

Hell, I think all of the racism and prejudice being directed at Mutants should be directed at "Pure" Inhumans.

It may have costed a whole Inhuman City, done a shit ton of property damage to New York and costed Black Bolt his throne till IvX but hey you might get something cool out it or you could end up like Triton who needs to live underwater unless he wears a special machine for land travel.

Attached: Triton_(Earth-616)_from_Civil_War_II_Vol_1_1_001.jpg (936x1683, 516K)

In a normal world, few would object

In the Marvel world, where half the superhumans are hated because they have powers, that shit sucks

Remember the story about the kid whose power was that everyone who got close to him died horrifically, except Wolverine?

What if my power is being a sentient puddle of smelly slime that can't change back into a regular looking human being? Fuck you, OP.

Y'know, this reminds me of this idea I had a while back. Here it is, copy-pasted:

>The story takes place in the god damn Marvel Universe, for one (That comes into play later)

>We follow a depressed and quiet young man who ends up getting superpowers after a meteor crashes into his car, putting him in the hospital for 2 months.

>When he wakes up, he discovers that he's gained not just the basics (Superhuman physical characteristics, as well as incredibly good senses/reflexes), but he's also basically become a living weapon. See, he also gained the ability to turn into a 7 foot tall humanoid with insect-like features, as well as the ability to do things like sprout all sorts of harmful implements on the fly (Sort of like a pure-melee/organic version of the Bleeding Edge armor), but he can also turn anything into a weapon, like turning a pipe into a spear.

>However, despite the fact that his powerset is literally designed with the purpose of "Crush, kill, maim" in mind, he's actually quite a pacifistic individual, and basically refuses to hurt people, preferring to save lives instead.

>Now, to add some moral ambiguity into the mix, leading up to something that's more than a little unsettling, and makes him vulnerable to the Quo. See, whenever he's around certain people, he starts feeling a little... Hungry. Specific people, you may ask? Well, people like Kamala Khan. Yeah, apparently he actually feels the need to consume people who have undergone Terragenesis. Obviously, this horrifies him, and he tries to stay away from these people for their own safety.

>Overall, this is sort of an action-thriller about a relatively innocent person being thrust into something he has no understanding about, and even though he tries to be non-violent, he's forced into a very dark tale, where a happy ending isn't always possible.

I suck at writing.

Seriously, the Inhumans natural predator? Neat idea, no?

The Terrigen Mists have always been a crapshoot, going back to Kirby. That's why the genetic council exists and even they get it wrong and create monsters or horrific alpha primitives a decent amount of the time.

Then you drawer the short stick. Fuck you, I want my fire powers.

>I want my fire powers.
and what if you get that smelly puddle power instead?

user, for fucks sake that is basically 75% fo half of every "I have new powers now!!" character created in marvel and dc since forever.

Jubilee has the ability to spawn explosions that are strong enough to turn air craft carriers into dust on the fly with no real ceiling to hwat she can do.
She at best uses her powers to make little fire cracker explosins because she's terrified of her powers and doesn't really want to hurt or kill anyone.

>you just spontaneously combust whenever
>setting yourself painfully on fire
>including everything and everyone around you
that could happen to you

>Who the fuck doesn't want super powers
Sometimes you get super drawbacks.

I know.

You can't choose your powers as an Inhuman, it's as random as the mutant lottery.

I’m a minority. I wouldn’t get a bad power; marvel would be called racist if that happened.

Worst that happens is I get a third rate power like stretching or some shit.

>Marvel wouldn't allow it
No metagaming, munchkin.

>meta gaming
Not my fault you’re not protected by the Marvel Universe from getting bad powers whiteboy.

You're assuming you're on Panel, OP.

You might be an off panel statistic. Then being a minority hurts you because you, because you exist to show how bad things are for minorities.

Isn't that basically Chamber?

Did everyone just forget that when you're exposed to the Terrigen Mists, you either gain superpowers, die, or turn into a subhuman that the Royal Family use for slave labor?

Yeah, the Inhumans use slave labor.

And speaking of Moon Girl, her Inhuman power literally only ever causes problems for her.

She switches brains with DD randomly during full moons. This means she's left in a clumsy giant body she can't control while DD freaks out and potentially hurts her human body. She spends a good chunk of the series trying to cure her powers.

Attached: RCO011_1475113801.jpg (1988x3056, 1.49M)

The writers didn't want to say "What if they turn into hideous dangerous freaks.". It would turn off the mutie loving crowds.

I mean, if you go in thinking it’s marvel fiction, written by people and published, then you have an unfair advantage over the characters who don’t know that.

There's a scene from one of the Inhuman books during that period where Marvel pushed them as the X-Alternative in which the Terrigen mists hit up a crowd of people, several of which get podded, and when they come out they're straight up monsters that cause a frenzy.

Don't forget that in-universe the Inhumans were trying to push the Terrigen as a good thing.

This is such a weird mindset people have these days, plenty of bad shit happens to female and minority characters in Marvel these days, it's just that they're minor characters in some big action set piece so nobody gives a shit about them.

>You can't just remove baby boy's foreskin. What if they don't want a circumcision?
Who the fuck doesn't want to be circumcised? It makes you last longer and women find it more attractive!