What caused her to poof into her new form?

What caused her to poof into her new form?

Attached: 1567513284337.png (1280x1078, 654K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2F8HvKqnp5s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Stiles
ctoon.party
sug.rocks
zeppydingus.tumblr.com/post/187593585719
i.4cdn.org/co/1567695169574.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=TSmxmukw-M4
tv.avclub.com/rebecca-sugar-on-happy-endings-and-the-steven-universe-1837947668
ew.com/tv/2019/09/03/steven-universe-movie-villain-explained-rebecca-sugar/
youtube.com/watch?v=ajTN-Gzfb5A
twitter.com/TylerSpicknell/status/1166475451658883072
differencebetween.net/object/comparisons-of-food-items/difference-between-crystal-and-gem/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ua12p2jNCGM
youtube.com/watch?v=5ZtclwrcdOY
imgur.com/a/3s5W3,
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You should kill yourself

so you didnt watch the movie? or you would know.

I did, it never showed it. Unless "heart break" caused her to poof?

They can change their forms whenever they want dumbass, threadkiller for the BRAINLET

well, congrats captain fucking obvious. you found out why.

>another my little pony thread instead of using the existing ones
Yikes

a hoe

pony thread.. the fuck is wrong with you? its another of the 200 steven threads that have been made since this damn movie came out!

Can they shapeshift? Yes but it causes strain when long term. Their base form only changes in design when poofed for an extended period. There were episodes dedicated to that very concept.

The real question is how she was able to change her gem placement, since she's the only one I know of that has done so.

permanently shift forms? Shapeshifting made Amethyst exhausted after awhile. We've literally only seem permanent changes after poofing in the show

Pink spun hers around when hanging out with the ordinary quartz soldiers.

grief

a broken heart.

Pink is a *diamond*

Her gem is a heart, she got heartbroken.

>What caused her to poof into her new form?
pure rage

this thread will probably be delted and no one will read this so I can share

>met a girl 3 years ago, became friends over SU, fell in love and we started dating
>would watch new SU episodes together as they were coming out for years
>dated for 3 years
>broke up because she turned out to be a bad person
>that happened right as Season 5 ended, we never watched the final episode together
>just now finally decide to check out the movie, alone
>tfw Spinel backstory is revealed, the song starts
>tfw I start having a flashback to my ex talking and laughing with her new friends as she leaves me behind, like I never existed
>"Everyone's gone on without you"
>start bawling my eyes out without even realizing it, heart is beating like crazy

this was unexpected

Attached: 2.png (502x602, 230K)

diamonds dont have a specific purpose other than "leadership", so they can grow and change with their civilization
in their first few hundred hears of life they get a spinel to help them grow, and the spinel is supposed to grow with them
Pink diamond, instead of letting spinel grow with her, kept pretending to be entertained by spinel's child-like acts out of compassion
When spinel got steven's message, in an instant she went through all the changes she should have gone through over thousands of years

I love her so fucking much bros but I don't know what to do with these feeling since she's not real and never will be real and I want to kill myself

Attached: 1567750978895.webm (1920x1080, 401K)

That was while she was impersonating Jasper, who's a good five feet taller than her at least. Changing cosmetic things like colors or hair styles are easy peasy for them

Shit man, sorry to hear that

Attached: 1508920530467.gif (400x289, 197K)

If you kill yourself who will remember her when everyone else has all forgotten.
Don't leave her alone, not again user

Attached: I DIDNT CRY.png (1301x942, 875K)

try getting a gf for a year before you go rope shopping
personally, im on step 1: start finding 3D girls attractive

I was going to make a thread just like this. Nice to see I'm not the only one who noticed. However I don't think OP explained it well.

>when a gem is poofed with the scythe it's reset
>comes back with the first outifit instead of a new one
>when an experience reminds them of their past life, they turn back to their previous form without needing to be poofed again first
>spinel has 2 designs despite the only time we see her getting poofed is with the scythe
It looks like she has been regularly poofed once in the past, and then reset with the scythe before being handed to Pink. That would mean Steven reset her for the first time. If this is part of her back-backstory, it would also explain how she got the scythe.

>show her glowing like a fusion or coming back from being poofed as she transforms.
She poofed from heartache and re-formed into that form. The change of gem placement makes sense since she no longer is a friend of pink and so her purpose as a gem has changed, altering how her gem looks.

Probably attempted suicide when she learned the truth, only to fail and come back pissed and seeking revenge with her new form.

She was in so much pain she pulled out her heart...or gem

They can poof from heartache?

When Spinel learns about her past and changes form she wasn't attacked and she wasn't fusing. I have to assume that since they used the same kind of animation for her transformation it is the same or similar. Especially since none of the gems comment on it, seems like it's not a big deal.

That's what Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl all do when they get their memories back. The interesting thing is that Spinel also did this kind of transformation in the flashback after she heard Steven's message. My theory is that this wasn't the first time she was reset.

Attached: squid scream.png (636x348, 109K)

You're the only one talking about ponies.

1) Pink is a diamond. Diamonds can do fucking anything
2) In order to permanently become Rose Quartz, she allowed herself to be poofed so that she could make "Rose Quartz" her permanent base form

Attached: poof_1_zeppydingus.png (1280x1280, 853K)

Attached: poof_2_zeppydingus.png (1280x1280, 717K)

Attached: poof_3_zeppydingus.png (1280x1280, 579K)

Gem biology appears to be almost completely influenced by emotions and mental state.

She probably just felt so fucking sad and angry that her form changed. We've never seen a healthy gem go through mental anguish on that level before.

Attached: poof_4_zeppydingus.png (1280x1280, 896K)

Attached: poof_5_zeppydingus.png (1280x1280, 1.51M)

Thanks. I hate it

Attached: Sad Memer.png (513x437, 280K)

noooo

Attached: poof_6_7_zeppydingus.jpg (1280x2560, 398K)

Spinel?
More like Spincel, right?

Attached: poof_8_zeppydingus.png (1280x1280, 695K)

Based

>implying Steven (pink) gives a fuck about that lame ass dumdum.

youtube.com/watch?v=2F8HvKqnp5s
>If I could
>Begin to be
>Half of what you think of me

>We've literally only seem permanent changes after poofing in the show

What about PD turning into Rose forever?

THIS should've been the ending.

She literally did poof, that's how they pulled the switch off when Pearl (as Rose) killed PD (not really shattered)
Pearl poofed her as Rose dropped some pieces of herself to make it seem like a shattering.
This only helps my argument

>The confusion before embracing the hug
Fuck bros, why is she so perfect?

Attached: 1567806060451.jpg (252x200, 7K)

we all have so much love and no one to give it to
she needs so much love and has no one to give it to her

>as Rose dropped some pieces of herself
No, she took some dirt, blew on it to turn it into a gem (and presumably giving it life), shattered it and vored it.

oh will thats less dramatic than i thought it was, but same point, she poofed

Attached: 1566990465801.jpg (800x792, 74K)

She could've at least gotten a goodbye hug in the movie. At least she can be happy with her giant milfs.

Attached: blessed.png (1267x1038, 1.12M)

>*stab*

NO

Attached: spepel.png (1443x2250, 861K)

>Steven doesn't return it
This alone made me hate more than anything else he's done throughout the course of the series.

Shapeshifting is easier for some gems than others. Amy is way better at it than Pearl or Garnet and can hold hers for hours.

Spinel is fucking OP toon physics so she puts Amy to shamy.

A broken heart

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 66K)

>the fact steven doesn't like someone who killed his planet and tried to murder him makes me hate him
What did she do to deserve a hug exactly? Be upset?

any waifu can be yours, user. you just have to believe.

Attached: 6195SS5ApAL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 49K)

Attached: 1567859958969.png (1920x1080, 1.52M)

She doesn't deserve a hug. She got screwed-over by Pink Diamond, and instead of moving on and either going to the other Diamonds or trying to befriend Steven she goes to commit genocide as an outlet for her anger towards someone who's already dead.

That shit doesn't deserve a hug, she deserves a kick in the ass.

Attached: Perisweat.gif (750x540, 121K)

this is most terrible

Very based.

Attached: Walking Garbage.png (1600x1200, 587K)

Embrace the Spepel

>peridot
>tried to kill steven on sight, for months.
She got a hug. Tho she also got barned and that turned her into a little shit. Spinel leaving with the diamonds is arguably better.

If she actually did bring a gem to life just for that, I'd say it's still dramatic. She gave life to a new gem just to shatter her

thats just pink being pink. actually making sacrifices of her own would have meant something

This needs to happen in the show.

I'd even be ok with just the last panel... Steven is dead to me until he hugs Spinel.

>NOOOOOOOOOOO YOU JUST CAN'T LEAVE ME ALONE FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS WHEN WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE FRIENDS FOREVER, YOU LIED TO ME

Attached: spincel.png (1553x1453, 439K)

>who's a good five feet taller than her at least.

Jesus, how big is Jasper?

Attached: 1557662939022.png (848x1199, 828K)

Not the hug, the peace sign. That would have been no effort on his part and it's just polite. Dick move, Universe.

I'm assuming that her ability to transform herself permanently or for extended periods of time is an extension of her natural rubber-bodied capability, being her primary power. That, and she's a perfect cut specifically created for Pink Diamond, so presumably she's stronger than other Spinels (if there are other Spinels, which Pearl's recognition of her after being wiped suggests).

Hot dam, the movie would have been a lot better if this happened. Also, have this.

Attached: EEDnME9WsAA92hu.jpg (3220x2975, 474K)

You know what's not polite? Killing a planet because you are upset with someone that isn't even really on it. Not returning a peace sign to someone who punched you in the face not 30 minutes earlier is just being reasonable.

Dumbass, the fight was over.

Lapis tried to suck up the entire ocean and he was pretty nice to her.

Peridot was following orders and thought of Steven as an enemy before eventually being persuaded to work with them. Spinel decided to try to wipe-out all life on Earth because she was butthurt over something Pink Diamond did to her.

Attached: 1472181245840.png (999x999, 293K)

In what sense? In the sense the planet isn't dying, beach city isn't destroyed and Steven's nose isn't in incredible pain?
Her intention wasn't harm it was to escape and on top of that they where friends before she got freed. Also she fixed her mess, Spinel just left after fixing nothing.

Ok, fine. How about you fanboy over peridot over in your corner, and I'll fanboy over spinel in mine?

Attached: q.arnet spinel flipped.jpg (750x763, 44K)

She inadvertently caused harm though. And who cares if they were friends before? If anything that should just give Steven more reason to understand what people can end up doing when they've been in a trapped/abandoned state. Lapis was already his friend and even she went nuts and almost killed a shit ton of people.

STOP SAYING THAT

Attached: 1567916125410.png (1920x1080, 904K)

Peridot=Vegeta
Spinel=Broly

He was literally just stating facts. Are spinelfags delusional or something?
>went nuts
She wanted to leave earth, not exactly insanity.
>inadvertently
You understand the difference this word makes yes? If I shot you on purpose versus doing it on accident its different not just legally but morally.

> accidentally uses the worlds water supply knowing very well that organic life needs water to survive.
Ah yes, accidental genocide is still accidental so it's ok.

Imagine caring about fucking steven universe

I did not say it was ok, I said it was different. And it wouldn't be genocide, it would be worse. Would be, being the important part. She fixed her mess. Spinel gives Steven a peace sign while riding away on a chariot with his town literally sinking into a toxin that is actively destroying his planet.

I'll be honest. When I saw them sitting there, I thought this was going to be a "Of Mice and Men" sort of deal.

Attached: 1558566825141.png (526x523, 490K)

It's not like she's the first gem who's tried to kill him or others. He had to deal with peridot, bismuth, jasper, the diamonds, centipeetle (arguably out of instinct. not malice), lapis almost killed connie (not a bad thing tho), aquamarine, ect... World ending doomsday weapons hardly fly over the radar in the show when the planet itself hosts the cluster.
He found a way to get rid of the poison with kissing/spit. You see the town all cleaned up in the following scenes.

Attached: su movie clean up 4.png (1920x1080, 3.13M)

I hope SU has a similar ending.

That's my only complain about the movie.

Why are all of these songs so fucking repetitive god fucking damn it it's so dull

How are they repetitive? Aside from True kinda love.

And the fact he has been in danger before means he should care about some completely random gem who was back and forthing about killing him or not?
I wouldn't be surprised if he was relieved to get rid of her just so she wouldn't do another 180 and summon a second drill. She admitted it herself, she ruined everything and is terrible at being a friend. Steven has no reason to hug her or give her a peace sign or even want to ever see her again.

He didn't have a reason to do it with the other gems either. I can understand if he's scared of her, though.

Other Friends is too short to justify the same refrain so many times

>he didn't have a reason
He was a different Steven, a child. Movie Steven has grown up significantly, that is made pretty clear. The fact he is so fucking over dealing with his mothers bullshit is a good change to his character. Before if Spinel had shown up before reaching the diamonds I have zero doubt she would get hugs and pats and love and get to live in the barn or some shit. But that Steven is gone. Steven "savior of the" Universe is here. And he does not have time for some dumb literal who gem throwing a tantrum then throwing herself a pity party.

Holy damn muh DICK

>"Tell me about the garden Steven..."

If this were any other show I'd understand your logic but this is Steven fucking Universe. Again, essentially every gem that wasn't Pearl, Garnet or Amethyst was actively trying to kill him, his friends or the world at some point. But at the end of it all he always goes fully sympathetic and becomes friends with the said character. Now the gem whose had the worst treatment we've scene in this show prior to her rampage comes down and tries to fuck shit up and the whole scenario plays out like you'd expect it to except it still feels like Steven doesn't give a fuck in the end.

Kind of breaks how the show built him up into someone who always saves the day. He even realized himself that the reason why he didn't get his powers back or why he couldn't help her at first was because he forgot he had the power to change, and by that help others change. Once he realized that his life will always have changes, instead of stagnating in wanting his "happily ever after" dream to keep life the same forever was unrealistic, could he actually do something useful to help her realize what she needed was to change as well. If he's been the hero before why stop now? The show literally makes him the only catalyst for change, because no one seems to be able to grasp the power of talk-no-justu.

You know? I wasn't sure if I was having a bad day, but thanks to you now I know the answer

Attached: 1501697163429.jpg (1024x395, 139K)

>that hips

Attached: fantastic.png (450x349, 245K)

He does care, but he knows that he can't be what spinel needs. She admits it herself that she feels like she messed up and wanted someone fresh to start with. He was welcoming her to earth but he knows that she will feel like a burden because she is self-doubting and she wants someone else as well. She still should've been group hugged at least at the end tho.

It seems to me that his new design is making many not realize how much he changed from season 1 to 5. You talk about how he changed during a timeskip, but we saw NONE of that. In the movie, we don't even see Steven deal with this situation in a regular way. Your explanation for why he didn't hug her is just as likely as "he was tired and worried". And I say that because Steven was already done with all of this during season 5. It's even worse here, but you act like it wasn't present before.

The only true change we see for sure that the movie highlights is how Steven closed himself to change, being scared of it instead of embracing it like he did in the past. This would mean that Steven actually changed for the worst during the timeskip, although, again, we don't actually see that. Steven's behavior towards his enemies was always shown as a positive in the series. If that's the case, and the "he was tired" excuse doesn't apply, I don't think this change will be shown as an improvement.

Oh and by the way, remember that joke Lapis makes during the movie? "I'm still on the fence"?

>Oh, you think this Fan Comic is a laugh riot don't you? Well I'll tell you something that's not so funny! Right now user is at home crying like a little girl!

Attached: BwPRAmnIIAElhHU[1].jpg (600x449, 30K)

Child Steven being a moron who tries to befriend every person he meets is different than young adult Steven who is busy saving the Universe and finally is able to put his mothers bullshit behind him.
Steven doesn't give a fuck, he has other fucks he needs to give. All Spinel did was waste his time and hurt him.
They didn't have time to show him fixing her. The show will continue and she'll be shown being better. Really though, he should have just rejuvinated her afetr she asks him to do it. She is miserable in that state, why would she want to stay like that?
Steven's line about always having work to do sums up his change more or less. He doesn't have the same patience for his moms bullshit anymore. He is doing his own thing now, setting up warps and helping the Universe. He has no reason to care about Spinel, she was only ever a pain to him.

So os there any other movie/tv show/ wathever were i can hear her va sing? I line her voice way too much, more than i care for this character or the movie

>he should have just rejuvinated her afetr she asks him to do it
She didn't want to be reset. She was teasing him because she thought he didn't want her around and if he did try to reset her that would have confirmed it. She wanted to stay like that because she wanted to be accepted and forgiven, not forgotten to pretend that her story never happened.

The line about how he's always going to have more work was about how he's always going to have problems, but instead of ignoring them he needs to fix them like he's always done. It was the conclusion to all the "happily ever after" stuff, which the movie undeniably depicts as negative.

At least it had a happy ending.

Attached: 1567568822225.jpg (1054x1438, 284K)

I think she's a singer and this was her first va role

>no rebuttal

Attached: 1562936213138.jpg (640x480, 38K)

You're giving a lot of reasons for why he didn't hug her, but none for why he shouldn't have hugged her. Steven had the time and he's still Steven at the end of the day. No amount of maturation is gonna make him abandon his routes, the routes that got him where he is. He wasn't in the right trying to get rid of her as soon as possible and he wasn't in the right trying to disregard her existence as soon as she stopped the drill. It was that insincerity that led to her going ballistic the second time around anyways...

I know she felt that way, i'm saying it's lame. She should have forced him to poof her with it. Much better ending then the nonsense we got. In any case she didn't deserve a hug or peace sign. Whether the others did or not is debatable but then again Stevens habit of befriending enemies is something often criticized for obvious reasons.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Stiles

He didn't care about her and wanted her to leave as quickly as possible before she did another 180. When she said she messed up and was no good at being a friend he didn't argue with her. She was right, and Steven felt the same way about her. Simple as that.

>often criticized for obvious reasons

God damn I want to impregnate Spinel.

Do I really need to expound on that? Are you new to Yea Forums or something?

AWOOOOOGA

He DIDN'T want to get rid of her or disregard her existence though, as far as I understand. It feels like they just wanted to write her out of the show.

>Really though, he should have just rejuvinated her afetr she asks him to do it. She is miserable in that state, why would she want to stay like that?
She said that to test him, not like she would've allowed him to actually do it again. That's not what the show is about anyway. Everyone on the show has suffered some trauma but they've moved past it.
Him rejuvenating her would be the complete opposite of the message of how the characters progress. She's miserable in that state but she can move on. Just like greg and pearl when pearl despised greg for how she viewed him taking rose away from her, just like amethyst who felt inferior due to being a defective creation compared to other amethysts and jaspers, just like garnet who felt betrayed when she learned rose was a diamond, just like lapis who moved on from being a trapped tool and a coward, just like lars with his low self-esteem and literally dying, just like so many others who've moved past their issues and worked to improve themselves. Even the diamonds are dismantling their colonies. Him rejuvenating spinel would've just fucked the whole scheme of the show/movie.
If anyone is a scappy on the show, it's peridot.
A hug doesn't fix everything. She still should've been hugged tho, steven's a hug bug.

No, that criticism was always stupid.

more people hate lapis and garnet than people that hate peridot.

Anyone have a megaupload of the movie?

I can understand the lapis hate but why garnet?

Holy shit she probably tried to kill herself but failed and because she was poofed for so long, came back as Crazy Spinel

sug.rocks has a logoless torrent.

Eh fair enough, I just would've liked to see the sequence as the movie had almost no fap material for me.
I disagree.

After season one her character kinda went too shit and had no personality beyond "fusion guru" which turned a lot of people off from her.

ctoon.party
sug.rocks

I liked when she reacted to the Pink reveal, and I liked how the movie referenced that. It's essential to her at this point.

Heartbreak.

The longer they stay poofed the better the can reform. The shorter amount of time to re-emerge fucks them up.
Fair enough I guess. I was assuming because she was the poster child for gay relationships in a forced and cheesy way. I never really cared for her to like or dislike her until we met ruby and how adorably autistic she was.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

>I was assuming because she was the poster child for gay relationships in a forced and cheesy way
well, that was kinda part of the whole fusion guru thing people hated. her entire being was just boiled down to " i love myself" and a lot of anons hated it. hell, even the tumblr crowd didnt like how few episodes were focused on her, I honestly think her being a fusion was a mistake. That twist killed her character.

Amy only struggled because she was trying to be large. She can be small all day without effort.

Amy is used to shapeshifting more than anyone else though. The only gem we know of who has better shapeshifting powers is Pink, who's better at shapeshifting naturally without even training because she's a Diamond. Rebecca said that only a gem as powerful as a Diamond would manage to go through pregnancy.

Plus she eats. Pearl has mentioned that gems can get energy from food but it's not as efficient as their gem's energy release. So amethyst fashioned a rudimentary digestive system that allows her to eat poisons and egg shells to glean anything she can to support her shapeshifting.

>You will never teach spinel how to kiss

well fuck this.

I want to tease spinel until she starts to cry..

no you don't

I don't want to hurt spinel, but I do want to lovingly tease her.

I want to chisel Spinels spinel until she starts saying sorry for being a bad friend.

Copying someone else's post from another thread.

>Just got off of 2-3 years of Empire reformation
>Just when he is about to relax the world is about to be destroyed by a severely pissed off stranger
>His crew was rebooted and he wasn't sure he could fix it for awhile worried that he lost part of his close family
>Stranger also fucks up his gem and his strength / powers
>Stranger also gets rebooted and now have to put up with her antics all day
>Feel like absolute fucking shit whenever you try to flex your powers to get shit done to save your homies while Stranger is still acting wacky
>Eventually learn she has a pretty good reason to be mad but the world is still about to be fucking destroyed
>Also got another taste of "My mom fucked things up and I got to fucking fix it."
>Got his ass kicked and almost killed
>Now has to spend fuck knows how long fixing the damage

Gotta cut Steven some slack. I know Spinel is great but its not surprising that Steven dealt with a LOT of horseshit during the course of the movie

Attached: 20190909_194119.jpg (366x451, 106K)

femcels don't have rights

Hopefully you'll feel better.

My nigga you said it yourself; she's a bad person.
Either that's true and you're upset over nothing, or, you're lying and she isn't really the bad guy in all of this and you need a reason to hate her. Either way, you need to come to terms with the fact that it's over, and make peace with that.

I want to whip spinels back and leave marks on it.

>You know, I came to this board to take my anger out on a bunch of anons; but now that I know you, I wanna troll you even more.

It's "Boop oop a doop" you philistine.

Hey hey, I'm just the messenger man.

She says "Be-doop" in Who Framed Roger Rabbit

I don't understand that abuse picture series since her gem looks fine and Pearl complimented how perfect it is.

That's not true. She mentions the fusion angle much more frequently, but she's still basically the same character (IE, stoic, reserved, and perceptive team leader).

She just rotated her gem. The same thing Pink did to become Rose. Maybe there's something particularly special about those two, who knows?

You sound like a real winner, user. You silly faggot, you.

Why does Steven always sound like a fortune cookie instead of a real person?

What do you suppose Peri sweat tastes like? I bet it's like licking a honeydew melon.

He's our fortune cookie.

Thanks buds

Attached: 1567310106710.gif (280x280, 1.57M)

Attached: 1499300361018.gif (219x300, 267K)

Anyone got a link to these on the artist’s page or whatever? I am phoneposting in a foreign country so the images are 404 for me.

Pls help a brother out.

That sucks user. I guess it's better than if you stayed with her when you found out she was a bad person.

Found it. zeppydingus.tumblr.com/post/187593585719

Just kill yourself man. It doesn't get better from here.

Attached: 1545805453337.jpg (1280x708, 128K)

Thanks nigga you are my friend now.

I'm hesitant to really focus on the lyrics, because that's kind of Rebecca's shtick. Has a a couple really good lines and then doesn't know what to do with the rest of the song. But I thought it was just fine on a first viewing of the movie, I'm sure the fun will wear off if I ever play the songs on loop.

Yay!
i.4cdn.org/co/1567695169574.jpg

Attached: 1567695169574.png (1280x1753, 2.53M)

I wonder how many more things Pink has done that Steven will need to fix?

Attached: feb.jpg (680x381, 37K)

Where did you even get that she gave the gem life ? She just used pressure to create a bunch of pink shards. It's not like anybody was able to check if it came from a living gem. Also doubt she can just bring a gem to life without any incubation, other than a plant or a pebble.

Would the people of Earth forgive Spinel? She did poison the entire ocean.

Attached: spinel_sad.png (582x585, 182K)

It got better.

Attached: got better.png (592x320, 250K)

We're already letting the Chinese off the hook for doing that, I don't see why we'd hold it against Spinel.

Go give someone a hug.

Most of them have no idea it was her to begin with. Pearl and Garnet won't gossip. Amy might tell, but nobody will believe her.

it's fine, steven will kiss the ocean better

OK but can she turn into a bike?

I assume that because they CAN check. Gem shards take form as body parts and run around. Wouldn't it be suspicious if it was just shards that do nothing? As for it being unlikely, I assumed it was a power exclusive to her that she never found a good use for (even though it's obvious) and I can see Steven eventually getting that power and use it to create new gems without invading other planets.

Spinel was far better at stretching her body than Amethyst, but we never actually see her use proper shapeshifting "turn white and change your physical form" type things to any real extent. Until we see Spinel turn into a god damned functional copter, Amy is the better shapeshifter in general.

>>she's a bad person
>>tfw I start having a flashback to my ex talking and laughing with her new friends as-
Stopped reading there. You're a fucking idiot.

I wanna to listen to Twin Fantasy with my punished Spinel GF and brood about our past mistakes.

BASED

Reminder that steven never hugged spinel

Attached: 1567631188367.png (1920x2157, 1.67M)

he did here

too bad it's not canon

this just shows how much of a hack rebecca is

according to new becky interview spinel is a fundementally toxic person

That makes Becky sound like the bad person.

So like why is Yellow Diamond's control display musical? That would get annoying having to input that stupid sequence over and over.

youtube.com/watch?v=TSmxmukw-M4

putting people up on a pedestal is bad, especially if they are a police case waiting to happen

Honestly,

the injector probably had several defense mechanisms to prevent unauthorized access.
She was poofed repeatedly in a series of increasingly wacky loony tunes attempts at shutting down those and gaining control.

Attached: AcmeDisintegratingPistol.gif (499x296, 453K)

Attached: this but with steven.png (600x599, 355K)

link?

Not him, and I don't think Spinel isn't at least a bit toxic, but to say that she's "fundamentally" a toxic person sounds kinda shit of Rebecca considering what Pink put her through.

If she means after the 6000 years, then I'd say it makes sense. Before though, no.

Nigga fuck the ocean

Spinel didn't simply change forms though. At the end of the movie it was clear spinel would have liked to be her old sef but couldn't.

My theory is that she's changed inside over the millenia and when she saw Steven's message the emotional distress turned her into what she already was at that point.

>fundementally toxic
I think these are it.
She describes Spinel as "really toxic", but it's specific to her being the first villain to just want to hurt people for the sake of hurting them.
I didn't find 'fundamentally toxic' in this text.
ew.com/tv/2019/09/03/steven-universe-movie-villain-explained-rebecca-sugar/

Attached: peridotRain.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

It's only "fundamentally" toxic if she doesn't learn from her mistakes and just keeps going on planet-destroying benders every time she feels like an unlovable self-hating piece of shit.
So unless she was written to literally be Bojack Horseman, I don't see it.

Attached: 1b882a12b41470465ec0b5cecb8746d5.jpg (1200x1200, 244K)

>Ultimately, he can’t really convince her to change. It’s something she’ll have to want for herself. But what he can do is protect himself from her, making it impossible for her to hurt him. It’s sort of up to you if you would like to love her. If you watch this movie and she, you know, frustrates you, that is totally fair. I want that to be a big part of who she is.
I wasn't frustrated by her. Huh.
What does she mean the way Steven handled the situation isn't necessarily good?

Appreciate the fact that she's not real, user.

Real deppresive girls with abandonment issues are a fucking nightmare to deal with.
Trust me

>the first villain to just want to hurt people for the sake of hurting them
I often find myself wondering if Spinel as she was at the beginning of the film was too broken to be redeemed, and the Rejuvenator gave her the chance to process her emotions in the presence of someone sympathetic, thus making it so she could be reasoned with at all.

It's a childrens' show. An "I'm sorry" is more than enough

>the first villain to just want to hurt people for the sake of hurting them.

Attached: what now.gif (400x400, 872K)

once again, only a third of what sugar intended actually made it into the final product

>What does she mean the way Steven handled the situation isn't necessarily good?
The movie itself highlights his focus on his "happily ever after" that he mentions repeatedly. His motivations aren't necessarily altruistic. He just wants this shit over with so he can take a damn nap after everything he's been through.
It's understandable but a definite contrast to the tv series Steven. And it's basically what caused Spinel to relapse before the 3rd act by brushing her off so quickly to focus on Garnet. Steven's in such a rush to just get everything back to normal that it comes off as shallow even though we know his character enough to know he's just having an extremely shitty day.

Thanks! I didn't understand what she was referring to, but this makes perfect sense. He figures this out during the third act though, so that changed near the end of the movie, right?

>the first villain to just want to hurt people for the sake of hurting them
Yellow Diamond and her Cluster? It's like literally the same instance as Spinel, she wasn't doing it for practical reasons she wanted revenge and thought an amalgamation of Crystal Gem corpses was the juiciest way to do it.

Attached: SSJ2_Yellow.gif (500x500, 1.19M)

youtube.com/watch?v=ajTN-Gzfb5A

Debatable.
Other villains had other instrumental goals beyond hurting others.
>Lapis wants off this fucking mudball
>Lapis wants Jasper not running around trying to hurt Steven
>Yellow is running a galactic military campaign on multiple fronts.
>Resources are stretched thin
>maybe we can make a planet sized weapon from all these war corpses
Seems practical.

Attached: ritaReaction.gif (300x225, 1.75M)

Attached: sad jack.png (853x723, 460K)

The show very clearly said Yellow wasn't making the Cluster for practical reasons.
>I want that planet to DIE.
If she was thinking practically than they would have continued the colonization, yes especially given their resources shortage they're throwing away a rich planet. Is there any reason why they needed to use a life-rich planet to incubate the Cluster? We know it's not sucking up the life like when they create gems considering, y'know, the Earth is not dead.

Though perhaps you can argue her motive was moreso her attempt at "getting over" what happened rather than pure malicious revenge.

Attached: Reunited_(902).png (1920x1080, 654K)

lapis tried to drown connie, just for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. and spinel isn't the first character to demand revenge, that was jasper.

i guess you could say spinel was the first villain to know her shit was petty, but still

Attached: 1564277418483.jpg (900x1157, 189K)

>>Yellow is running a galactic military campaign on multiple fronts.
>Resources are stretched thin
Yet when Peridot makes a plea saying the earth is rich with potential and resources, Yellow's responses are
>I don't care about "potential" and "resources". I WANT my cluster, and I want that planet to die. Just make that happen.
>You are to leave the cluster to grow. It will tear apart the earth. And I will take IMMENSE satisfaction in erasing that hideous rock off our star maps!
Yellow motivation is a massive "Fuck you" to Rose. As far as they know, earth uninhabited by any known threats. It's literally Yellow taking out her anger on a bunch of strangers because Rose cared about it and it pisses her off.

Attached: yd.jpg (1366x768, 286K)

>right now your very own Spinel is standing still on some planet somewhere waiting for you

wow, spinel really will get on well with them

I think the idea is more than all those characters have another motivation that arguably outweighs their malice, where Spinel's primary motivation is simply to hurt people, using her own pain as an excuse to do so

why didnt she just bring her to the colony

Lapis was forgiven for literally stealing the ocean. It'll be fine.

when spinel comes back, will she have happier features, like no more tear stains?

>created to love, nurture and care
>learned to enjoy sadistically hurting people
I guess she btfo her programming after all, huh

Attached: celesse spinel.jpg (720x900, 63K)

because pink has the empathy of a glass of milk, we've been through this

i think the same, the way she was laughing sliced in two, and she does act differently even after regaining her memories. also i like how she went even crazier in the middle of other friends once she realized pink never even mentioned her once, and they have no idea who she is

She saw her as a toy with no potential. She thought that the other diamonds would have thought less of her if she brought a toy with her.

She was annoying her and she was "growing up" with this new colony bit so to speak. Then simply forgot her.

As for why she didn't send her to Home World, tell her to do something else, or just be fucking honest with her? Pink was an idiot who didn't consider the feelings of others at that time.

I really hope not. Her being embarrassed / self-conscious about it is part of the charm.

Attached: sp.jpg (785x762, 227K)

>It's literally Yellow taking out her anger on a bunch of strangers because Rose cared about it and it pisses her off.
That’s not it. She clearly in “What’s the Use in Feeling (Blue)” she showed she has a lot of internal pain about Pink even if she won’t let herself express it right. She wanted to be able to wipe Earth off their star-maps so that she could get rid of the painful reminder of Pink’s death.

>I used to just not be good enough for Pink but now...now...
>I'M NO GOOD AT ALL!

She came to hate herself after she went nuclear and then someone tried to help her

If anything maybe the tear lines will be reversed to be longer eyelashes or something.

Though I would prefer she maintained the same look until she gets poofed again.

she'll have a royal dress and a crown on because she is a pretty princess.

She won't come back and if she does have an appearance in S6 it will be brief and without speaking roles.

thank god. let good characters die based instead of living long enough to be barned

Attached: spinny spinel.gif (480x600, 354K)

twitter.com/TylerSpicknell/status/1166475451658883072
The diamonds never committed genocide or even encountered sentient life until pink got to earth. Yellow was just acting out in revenge for her assumptions about pink the cg's getting uppity again.

I want her to be her happy and bubbly self again though, she deserves to like herself

If we see her again, I want her to keep her dark/punished theme. Maybe clean up the pigtails, flip her eyelashed back up and maybe her gem too but leaving that down to remember the pain would be neat. She needs to keep the pointy shoes tho. No compromise on that.

Attached: 3AE34110-A8B6-4082-BF31-1FC5AFD05FBB.jpg (828x647, 440K)

If there was no malice in her decision and just wanted to wipe her hands of the incident than surely there is a better faster way to annihilate the planet than incubating a millennia ticking-time bomb. I do think revenge played a huge role in the creation of the Cluster:

We know the majority of the Cluster was made of Crystal Gems considering what stopped it specifically was Steven telling them they'd destroy the Earth. And not just that, they're also **fusion** experiments; Rose was the champion to fusions, and Yellow perverted that concept to the extreme. I do not think these are coincidences Yellow wanted to destroy the Earth in the cruelest way she could think of. You can say this was a Yellow with pure hot rage during the initial fallout of Pink's death, and somewhere down the line in the millennia after that rage mostly turned into hollowness.

Attached: Keeping lt Together_trim2.webm (960x540, 2.27M)

Even so, there’s still an element of a higher goal and practicality to it, because clusters are a geo-weapon that can later be used to destroy other planets. The difference between that and Spinel is that Spinel’s only goal in destroying the earth was revenge on Pink, her son, and her new friends that she made without her. She just wanted to hurt someone.

That's probably what Yellow told herself, but practicality really was not a factor in the decision at all. They don't need a geo-weapon what they do need is more planets to colonize.

>"Crystal Gems," a derogatory term for "fake" or "fragile" gems
Interesting

>They don't need a geo-weapon
Source?

what would they need it for, Peridot shits on YD for wasting a planet like the Earth for this dumb Cluster. it's pretty obvious that Yellow made it out of anger well it's more than obvious that's just the story.

>Gems are beautiful stones that are used in making jewelry. Crystals are pure substances that have molecules arranged in a regular geometric pattern. A gem can be a crystal whereas a crystal will not always be a gem. Gems can have mineral bases such as ruby or diamond and an organic base such as amber
differencebetween.net/object/comparisons-of-food-items/difference-between-crystal-and-gem/
Not sure why it's under food tho...
Guess the diamonds only viewed gems are worthy and used "crystal" to describe basic bitches.

The process of creating gems probably involves taking the crystals and cutting them to a specific shape, so maybe gems that aren't "cut properly" (or more generally, made properly) are still nothing more than crystals in their eyes

>2019 January
>It's still winter break for him so he heads down to St. Louis from Wisconsin to do touristy things
>me and my best friend get into a fight, he ignores me even though I'd rather talk it out even if I'm still mad
>silence until February 2nd, and even then he doesn't call me much anymore and he barely texts me, think he's still mad
>Go on Facebook, he's updated his facebook status to in a relationship with someone from St. Louis, I'm confused and shocked because we always talk about stuff like this but I pretend to not see it because I don't want him to think it's got to me
>February 15th rolls around, still pretending I don't know about his new SO, but we're on better terms now, but he still doesn't call or talk to me much

We were planning to go on spring break together to New Orleans since December, so we had to buy plane tickets. I remember being so excited because it'd be my first time on a plane, and he was always talking about how I'd love it there (he's been before) and how we'll go see the sting rays at the zoo and go check out Bourbon st. I was so excited to go, it was all I could think of

>Casually remind him that spring break is getting closer and we should buy the tickets before they get too expensive
> "Oh I'm actually going to hang out with my new SO in St. Louis"
I just stared at my phone for the longest time, I started crying. I felt so betrayed and replaced, not because we couldn't necessarily go, but because I had to bring it up. He didn't say sorry, he didn't think about what I would feel, he just dropped it on be and I was expected to take it.
March rolls around and he texts me telling me that him and his SO are actually going to New Orleans now. Again, crushed. The entire time they were there he was posting photos of him and his SO with the sting rays, and hitting up clubs, having a good time. I couldn't watch it anymore, I stayed off of Facebook until his trip was over because I just couldn't stand seeing it

>Peridot shits on YD for wasting a planet like the Earth for this dumb Cluster.
Because Peridot had gotten attached to the organic life on earth just like Pink did. It wasn’t practicality to the empire.

He comes back from Spring Break vacation and stops by to see me in the town we grew up in because, well, we are best friends lol.

>We start talking and after some talking he admits to me that he actually eloped while he was in New Orleans. Again, hurt because that's the stuff we just share. I basically tell him that I'm scared for him because marrying someone you've known for 2 months is crazy
>He gets mad but we're still talking
>April comes and he tells me he's going to move to St. Louis as soon as the semester ends and then to New York because his SO wants to go to school there
>I'm seething with anger watching him replace me and treat me like shit even when I've been there for every fuck up since middle school
>I'm the one that was there to comfort him when his first love left him, I told him it was all going to be fine when all he wanted to do was off himself, I was the one that stayed up until 4am just listening to him until he felt better and I wasn't even worth an apology
>I start bringing up divorce more and more, just in passing conversation.
>How 50% of people that marry end up divorced.
When he talks about relationship problems he was having I always had him going for at least an hour a day on the phone about it, even started calling his SO lazy, dumb, irresponsible, ugly, bad skin, bad in bed and I just kept hyping it up. Encouraging him to talk about it for as long as he could in the hopes that it would seep into the relationship
>That cracked the relationship a little but not enough
>Then I got invited over to their apartment, I looked in the medicine cabinet
>find Biktarvy
His SO has fucking HIV lmaoooo okay
>I leave his place and go back to where I live. Then I start. I pretend to be mortified of HIV, can't get near any people, less than human, while the entire time he's just trying to get me to see how I shouldn't be afraid of people with HIV. But "I'm not buying it and it's my phobia".

>Of course he tells his SO about how he can't believe his best friend would think things like this, who in returns wants NOTHING to do with me. SO never wants to see me again, but of course friend can't tell me this because he doesn't want me to know SO has HIV. SO is furious that my friend won't cut me out of his life, but friend just tells SO to not think about it too much
>Keep ramping it up and apparently his SO wanted him to cut off all contact, but friend refused because at this point his moved to St. Louis and he doesn't have any friends there other than SO. Plus doesn't want to get told what to do
>I can tell it's putting a strain in the relationship, plus that and the stress of moving and trying to afford New York on a student salary is getting to both of them
>July rolls around and he's set to move July 28th, and I just keep bringing up HIV, divorce, encouraging him to drink more even though his SO absolutely hates how he gets when he's drunk, and getting him on hour long rants when he's telling me about his SO
>July 4th, SO goes to Kentucky to parent's house without my friend because friend has work. SO was just supposed to pick up their Chihuahua to bring with them to NY
>Friend calls me all the time now, obviously because he's lonely since SO is going to be gone for 2 days
>July 5th, friend is excited to have SO back in a day. That night SO texts friend that they'll be staying another night.
>Friend is sad but ok, it's SO's family and they are going to be leaving very far away so he gets it
>July 6th, that night friend tells me how SO is barely responding to them and won't pick up calls
>July 7th, by now he's crying and understand that SO is mad but SO won't say why. Begs SO to come back and talk it out, SO says they're staying another night
>July 8th, he went out and got SO a stuffed toy and card because SO is set to come back today. Friend texts SO what time he should be expecting them to be back so he can let them in

>SO texts back: "I didn't say I was going to come back tonight"
>Friend is CRUSHED. Crying whenever he's on the phone with me because he doesn't understand what's going on
>July 8th, 7pm friend texts SO (still refusing to take calls, video chat, or send voice mails) that if they don't come back soon then SO isn't welcome back
>SO says fine
>Friend is absolutely shocked at that answer and a mess at this point
>Friend: "But I gave up so much for you. I sold all my stuff, I'm about to take out a 10k personal loan just to move to NY with you, I'm leaving all my family and friends behind"
>SO: "That was very nice of you but I never asked you to do that."

July 8th, 10pm my friend packs up his things and makes the 5 hour drive back to WI and comes crash in my couch because he doesn't have anywhere to stay.

It all came crashing down so fast that it took me a hot minute to realize that because he betrayed me and refused to apologize even after I told him crying that what he did hurt, I destroyed his sham of a marriage and I'm not sorry. Even now that he's apologized for everything, and how he'll never uproot his life for anyone, and how dumb everything was I don't feel sorry. He's moved back and going back to his old Uni, having to tell people why he was only married for 3 months. but there were some moments of clarity between the flashes of anger that I got to justify what I did when I did think to myself

>What am I doing?
>Why do I want to hurt you so bad?
>I'm supposed to be your friend.
>I just want to be your friend.

Attached: s.png (676x381, 145K)

You are the most evil cocksuckers I've met on this board and I wish nothing but despair and disaster to impact your lives in the coming months.

Attached: 068.jpg (394x313, 31K)

>her season 6 arc ends with her reforming into a mixed design that she is visibly comfortable to stay as
i want

Sugar also said some things to avclub.
>[We] have this character who was frozen in time—she didn’t get this chance to develop as a person. So in order to express that in the language of cartoons, making her look like this out-of-date cartoon that never evolved
That's pretty easily seen, I like how well it worked in practice.
>I also have a pretty complicated relationship with older cartoons. I love history, but I do not like nostalgia
I guess we won't be seeing too much noodle powers in the future.
>The thing about Spinel is that she’s a really toxic person. She’s so toxic that she’s literally trying to poison people
>I wanted to explore what it’s like when you’re trying to help someone who really doesn’t want to help themselves, who wants to embody the negative feelings that they have about themselves.
I don't think toxic is the right word for that. More like difficult to work with and unstable but I can understand how it might be seen as toxic to try and help someone who only wants to cause pain.
>There’s this sort of false promise made by stories that there’s going to be an end, but you don’t stop growing. If you want to stop growing, it’s going to be really hard when [bad things] keep happening.
Wonder how many seasons the show will keep running for?

>toxic to try and help someone who only wants to cause pain
She didn't say that helping her would be "toxic". I don't like the word, but I like how she used that idea to have her poison the planet and its inhabitants.

I mean, he does have the fountain of rose, something that is essentially high end terraforming level tech/magic.

Of course he didn't, she ran away and hid. If he hugs her in front of the diamonds, they're all going to want hugs.

Besides, he's probably a little pissed off and tired at this point. Let him have a nap, a wank and a biscuit, and he'll be good to go like every other teenager.

Thing is, it sounds like they was in it for the money, all you did was make them decide it wasn't worth the hassle because he wouldn't drop you like they wanted. He was manipulated by them, use it as a learning opportunity for both you and your friend. He only knew them for a short time yet they managed to convince him to change his life for their benefit, sounds like they were going to use him for money.

No see, Lapis is a -hero- who wants to hurt people just for the sake of hurting them.

It's fine. All the sea life already died when Lapis sent the ocean into space

Attached: EEECCYhWsAAS1MU.jpg (689x1199, 175K)

SO is getting a phd in law to be a professor and Friend is going into law school to be a lawyer, so I don't think it's for the money, at least not entirely

I learned to keep an arms length away. I never thought he'd hurt me like that but I can't let myself get as close as we were before, and it hurts too because I liked thinking that we'd always have each other's backs. I think he learned the obvious, don't drop everything and get messed up with someone that deep after knowing them for 6 months. In the end, we both came out with trust issues

>innocent
>loving
>stupid

Attached: innocent, loving, stupid.gif (347x237, 1.07M)

Tch, 'tis unfortunate but it is what it is. That's just life man, for good or ill she's gone, and you've got to learn to live with it.

I kind of thought it was toxic in the sense that others would be harmed by spinel for trying to help her because she arrived with intent to lash out and cause harm, not looking for therapy or a shoulder to cry on.
Idk dude, the word has sort of lost its meaning to me. I'm looking it up and a toxic person is described as manipulative, abusive, unsupportive, and/or emotionally/mentally draining. I guess she fits the definition for a toxic person and I've been looking too deeply into the specifics like bipolar disorder or shit like that. Still sounds too general to me but I guess you have to be if people don't want to deal with real assholes in life.

Ouch.

Yes, it's lost its meaning to me too, that's why I said I don't like it.

>she allowed herself to be poofed so that she could make "Rose Quartz" her permanent base form
Where was that stated again?

It wasn't. OP is just retarded.
She just stayed shapeshifted as Rose until she made Steven. Gems can't permanently alter their given bases.

that's what literally happened
Pink was poofed, she made her new form Rose

Yeah not gonna lie, that's pretty fucked.

The episode where pearl reveals the truth about how rose was pd. She could maintain her form as a rose quartz but she needed to poof and reemerge if she wanted it to stick. When they get poofed, they can reorganize themselves to appear differently. Remember when amythest was being retarded and kept getting poofed and coming back too soon, she was dumpy as fuck.
If you like fun facts, I just read up that amythest is based on the word about meaning "not drunken" or "non-intoxicating" because Greeks thought eating rocks would help alleviate intoxication from alcohol. That's probably why she's a glutton on the show.

Diamonds don't play by the rules, and if it was just shapeshifting then the gem wouldn't have shifted to that form after White removed it from Steven.

We literally see it happen on screen. Try watching the show.

>Diamonds don't play by the rules
They do. They're just more powerful, which means they can hold shapeshifting longer than other gems.

>the gem wouldn't have shifted to that form
She didn't change the shape of her gem, she only rotated it.

>We literally see it happen on screen. Try watching the show
We see her form as Rose, yes, but that doesn't mean permanently. She could've turned back into Pink at any time, because that's how shapeshifting works.

When they get poofed, they reform into a new base body. Shapeshifting temporarily alters that base body, and doing so requires effort. A very powerful gem, like a diamond, can manage to keep the temporarily altered form for extended periods of time. Resistance to shapeshifting can also be improved through practice, as seen with Amethyst (who still wouldn't be able to carry a baby).

But to hold it in for the rest of her existence? No don't see it. Steven has her gem, he's a Diamond by every right, and holding in a shapeshifting gives him strain. She wouldn't be feeling that strain if she reformed as Rose which works since we know for a fact she got poofed, and since she very much identifies as her Rose Quartz identify perhaps more than as Pink she can reform as such without glitching out ala Amethyst in Reformed.

Amethyst's form in Reformed was all messed up because she didn't take the time to do it properly. Every time she came back she was rushing it and doing weird things on purpose because she didn't care about herself.

It's more than just her being quick about it, that's how she came back with a few extra feet the first time, but the "doing weird things on purpose" thing too. She was trying to come back as Pearl and bigger/stronger, she wasn't transforming into what "felt right" forcing her body into something she didn't see herself. This is why Amethyst can't just make herself bigger despite her insecurity about it.

Makes sense. Either Pink identified with the Rose form enough, or she turned into a form that wasn't right for her. I think the latter is still likely, it would just be another of her bad decisions.

>pretend to be mortified of HIV
>encouraging him to drink more

If you're the sort of person to pull that,
then there's probably a reason he preferred not talking when you were 'still mad'.

Attached: LunarHomobile.jpg (129x140, 10K)

Expanding on this, another reason why I think those gem shards had life is that we've actually seen Steven bring a pebble to life when his sweat simply falls on it. That pebble didn't need to be injected.

I don't yell or get physical, he said later when we talked about it that it was because he wanted space. That's fair, until space went from 2 weeks, to a month, to 3, etc. And if wanting space is why he cancelled the trip to NOLA, that's fair too. But not telling me upfront, then just dropping that he'd rather spend it with someone that he'd know for a month at that point instead of a friend of 9 years, well that just broke me. Not apologizing even after explaining why what he did was cruel and painful through gross snotty tears was just the icing on the cake.
Of course there was no way for me to know things would turn out like this, though it was exactly what I hoped for. At points it was starting to really wear me down being in constant contact with someone that I felt would trade me for a corn chip, but anger kept telling me to stay in his personal life, because if I had backed off or cut him off I knew that there really was 0% chance of me being able to do anything from the inside.

The ending is bitter sweet. Like I said we talked things out after it was all over, this time face to face, and he couldn't run over to a SO to validate his viewpoint when I called him out. But now I still feel like I lost a friend. Around early August he was talking about what he was going to do for spring break while we were doing laundry together and he said something about maybe going to NOLA, and how I should go if he goes. I tensed up and just gave a quick maybe then changed the subject. I'm not getting my hopes up again, and if I keep an emotional distance, it won't wreck me if he ever disappoints me again

Attached: u.png (512x619, 145K)

>she turned out to be a bad person
How so?

Holy shit you're a cunt

Not really, I can see what he's getting at.
Still needs to reconcile with his friend though.

>I don't yell or get physical
You aren't the first emotionally abusive person to hide behind that excuse.
>just dropping that he'd rather spend it with someone that he'd know for a month at that point instead of a friend of 9 years
If you have to bring up how long you've been friends, you've probably been a crappy friend for all 9 of those years.
Bitching that you're 'owed' information is exactly why he's seeking other friends and relationships.
You're as bad as incels complaining that women owe them sex for some arbitrary amount of good behavior.

Attached: horrifyingEpiphany.gif (245x246, 1.93M)

You are delusional.
And go blog elsewhere, faggot.

He told me he was feeling vulnerable from the fight and that's why he jumped so fast into everything. As for being owed information, I know I'm not, but there's a level of trust you have with someone you can be 100% transparent with. Before he got married, as a jab, I told him that I thought that stunt he pulled (Referring to keeping his relationship secret) sounded kind of fun, and that I'd like to try it the next time I got serious with someone. I could tell he didn't like it by how he was slow to reply, but I think he knew he couldn't say much about it without coming off as imposing or a hypocrite.

And despite how long we've been friends together, making vacation plans with someone for 3 months then spinning around and telling them less than a month in advance that you're cancelling your plans so blatantly for someone else but still wanting to be as close as before is insulting

Attached: t.png (88x152, 19K)

Gotta be honest,
You sound like you haven't matured emotionally since middle school.
>there's a level of trust you have with someone you can be 100% transparent with
Horseshit.
Unless you're riding his dick or had already bought the tickets (which you hadn't yet), adults are allowed space, and real friends get that.
You've admitted to pretending to be HIV phobic specifically to end his relationship with another person. I don't know who pays for the roof over your head, but if you have a job, your coworkers probably know you as 'the psycho'.
This kinda behavior is gonna sabotage everything in your life until you stop perceiving every situation that doesn't go your way as an injustice or personal attack.
(you)

Attached: acceptDestiny.gif (300x225, 1.07M)

Some are, some aren't. My ex was severely bipolar but she was about as sweet and warm as you could imagine when she wasn't in one of her depressive spells. Even when she was feeling like absolute crap (which was almost always), she still strived to be lively and affectionate towards me, and she'd sometimes apologize for being a "bad" and "overly-emotional" girlfriend.

These disorders are very draining to deal with, but having a genuine emotional connection with the person in question makes it more approachable.

Why is her eyes plain black in this form anyway and pink in the other?

Spinel's behavior fits Borderline Personality Disorder pretty well. Usually it's caused by early childhood trauma or abandonment issues. It's basically the female version of Anti-Social Personality Disorder, despite the behaviors involved being very different. Often chicks with BPD will frequently have intense short-term relationships with people that they often sabotage themselves because of their constant fear of abandonment. I'm simplifying it quite a bit, so I suggest looking more into it. If it seems to hit a bit close to home, I suggest getting a therapist to help you work through it.

dont need to poof. poofing is just convenient for that purpose. they change when how they feel about themselves changes. theres no reason why they cant actively morph into how they truly feel and have it stick. its like how after poofing they cycle through all the previous iterations. like that. they can just go into their new form.

in the movie none of them had to poof to change. when they remembered who they were they changed

Good question.
Follow up question: why was Pink able to change her eyes too?

I thought that was an effect of the reset, because in all other situations they needed to stay in their gems to think about themselves before coming back with a new form, and we've never seen anyone change form like that before.

I figured pink was just shapeshifting her eyes like the rest of her form and never "actually" changed them. But Spinels actually change

whether its an effect of the reset or not, you saw them change without poofing, which should be proof enough its possible, because it happened. and they dont need to think about it. they could, but they dont need to. im pretty sure pearl said they change according to how they feel about themselves. same reason steven looks like a fat baby despite being old enough to fuck in most european countries.

if spinel felt like a dumbass then she would change accordingly. also i think the waiting is due to poofing and not them thinking about what to wear. when amethyst forced herself to come back she came back all fucked up and weird because she rushed the healing process

>I don't think toxic is the right word for that
She seems to fit the bill for borderline personality disorder. Super fucking clingy, sabotaging relationships out of fear of abandonment (self-fulfilling prophecy), and the periods of strong guilt for her actions in between her outbursts all match up. The things that tend to cause it usually happen in early childhood, so it was very fitting that she had to revert to her younger self in order to even address the problems in a healthy way. Steven has to again play group therapist for another mentally ill gem.

Attached: tired steven.jpg (547x490, 85K)

i was genuinely surprised that he missed this post, but then i remembered he turned off his bot after the show ended.

>As for being owed information, I know I'm not, but there's a level of trust you have with someone you can be 100% transparent with
That's not how things work. That is the kind of thinking you see from the crazy borderline chicks that constantly hound their boyfriends to dig through their phones for any chance of infidelity. It seems like you are constantly paranoid for things that could ruin your relationship with that person and that will actually lead to the relationship being ruined. Please seek help, dude.

shut up thotaro

Better question is why she had access to a rejuvenator and a huge ass injector with humanity killing juice. Seems like weird things to keep hanging around in the garden.

>same reason steven looks like a fat baby despite being old enough to fuck in most european countries.
Season 4/5 Steven recognized his growth and didn't get any taller. I don't think it's related, at least not to his human half.

>lashing out after being abandoned for 6000 years is a personality disorder

yeah, no. does she have poor self control? absolutely. but so do most other gems, so this is right in the norm for her species

>race of women cant control themselves emotionally
shocker

Personality disorders are often caused by childhood trauma. 6000 years of abandonment is gonna cause genocidal levels of mental illness

I think it's a multitude of reasons. She does display behavior linked with possessiveness (she gets enranged when he tries to leave without her), self harm (she hits herself to feel some pain rather than recognize what steven is telling her), paranoia (assuming he was going to rejuvenate her again), ect... She lashes out a lot because of trauma and can't control herself to hurt strangers, but even she recognizes that it's fucked up, and wants to change after trying so hard to get people to understand her pain.
She had no interactions or development for 6000 years. All that time alone, she was only thinking to herself, "when is she coming back? is she coming back? did i mess up? why isn't she back?"
Definitely some emotional issues knowing the person you thought was your friend left you behind, and didn't even bother to remember you to tell anyone else about you. But she lashes out at people who aren't pink, and has incredibly paranoid behavior like when steven dropped the scythe. She knew why he had it but was assuming she's get reset to forget opening up and get abandoned/bubbled.

What exactly was the initial fight about exactly?

Also, you sound way to attached to him even as a best friend. I'm going to assume you're a giant faggot who wants him to fuck you or are trans (and want him to fuck you).

Earthlings in SU are really stupid. I imagine most of them didn't even notice anything happened.

It's a garden, of course they'd have a giant bottle of what's basically weed killer on hand.
As for the rejuvenator, that probably comes included with all Spinels in case you need to do a factory reset before passing them on to a new owner.

Honestly, I think she got poofed by whatever defense countermeasures they had for the injector when she was steeling it.

Attached: dalegribble.png (368x279, 137K)

Nothing but speculation in this thread so far, but what also annoys me more is how she somehow went from standing still for 6000 years to becoming despondent, to becoming viscous and resolving to destroy the earth, to somehow changing her permanent form, to acquiring a and learning to operate huge gem drill that is somehow calibrated to respond to her gem functions even though she is not made to be a combat/engineer/harvesting gem, to learning how to fight and overpowering an experienced quartz and two war veteran gems despite not being made for combat. She also somehow gained knowledge of organics and knew that killing the ecosystem of earth would eventually kill Steven. Even though every gem who interacts with earth is totally confused about nature. It’s a lot of development to go through in less in a day.

Did you see the part where Garnet, Pearl, and Amethyst changed back from being reset or did you just forget about that part? Like 4 gems did it in this movie, what isn't making sense?

This supports my theory that she was reset more than once and that there's more backstory to her.

read the thread

more like child abandonment? she literally had no one except pink, who threw her in the garbage.

what else supports this theory?

Her having 2 forms rather than just one, which as far as we know should mean she was poofed at some point.

can a mental break down induce poofing? more at 8

>She also somehow gained knowledge of organics and knew that killing the ecosystem of earth would eventually kill Steven.
this at least she would know. pink collected alien life from her sister's colonies before she got earth. it's also plausible she would at least know what gem drills and such would look like if she sat in on pink's lessons.

i...don't see it? she looks pretty formless in the scene where she reforms right side up

i was kinda simpathetic towards you, but that HIV tthing is fucked up, try talking things openly next time, you psycho

Nigger please watch the movie. When each of the gems was rejuvenated, they returned in base form. When these base form gems regained their memories they transformed into their most recent version after glowing and cycling through their previous versions. Spinel did the same thing after she sung “Drift Away”, but she had only two versions so she did not cycle.

She 100% had to have been poofed in order to have two versions. How is basic shit so beyond you?

I would have tried to be nicer, but the user who already replied to you explained it better than I could.

that could have been artistic license

or pink tore her in half during one of their play sessions, probably.

>I always thought I might be bad
>now I know that it's TRUE
>because you are so good
>and I'm nothing like you

I'm viewing she was in it for the money and was trying to slowly cut all friendships he had, all user did was make her accelerate to an immediate 'Me or him', when he refused she decided it was too much work to continue and that why she cut contact and ignored user's friend (who she just married a few months after meeting).

If PD broke Spinel during a play session then the Spinel we see in the flashbacks would look like Crazy Spinel, not Happy Spinel.

do you just mean her new design? she could have just shapeshifted into it. or got poofed while she stole the injector

>literally the only way out of this situation was to forgive her unconditionally because she was a petty bitch scared of consequences
Why are there so many villains nowadays who get away with this blackmail? Because that's what it is, she knowingly attacked people who did nothing to her but if Steven had held a grudge with her at any point with the movie everyone would have died. Why are we trying to teach people that we have to take others' abuse passively?

Attached: bitchnel.png (1145x654, 1.01M)

Shapeshifting requires effort. The second explanation you gave is much more likely.

>"artistic license"
There was an entire episode where Amethyst wants a new and improved form and deliberately poofs herself to rush the process.

>and instead of moving on and either going to the other Diamonds or trying to befriend Steven she goes to commit genocide as an outlet for her anger towards someone who's already dead.
You mean like Yellow and Blue?

considering she was created for someone who no longer exists, that seems like a good way to get disappeared. on the offchance steven isn't honest or knowledgable about what happens on homeworld.

I understand that, but why not just plain tell him? I'm sure he would be the first one to notice that it wasn't doing too well with his SO, there's no reason to make him drink, that's plain manipullation

>not watching that scene and just thinking "oh yeah, she became evil so she transformed" because that's how it works in MLP

Chances are being honest wouldn't have helped, he'd have asked her and she'd have redirected as user being at fault.
It's like if he had asked her if she was lying to him, she'd have said no regardless of the truth.
'Don't you trust your girlfriend?' *Teary face*

But Cozy Glowdidn’t transform lol

step 1: impossible

>"now kill me like your dad killed diamond"

Attached: fd5.jpg (680x383, 49K)

It’s beautifully ironic you posted that with an image of Peridot. Was that you being tongue-in-cheek or are you really that retarded?

>Hey, he looks depressed! I will cheer him up!
>*dances*
>Oh, that didn’t work. I will stop and give him some space.
Spinel was more aware than PD gave her credit, which makes me fucking angry since PD clearly understood gems had feelings and needs since she was so kind to her personal Pearl.

I wonder if they will touch on why WD mindcontrolled Pink’s Pearl. Will they then perhaps use this to explain why PD left Spinel behind so she too didn’t get fucked by WD?

Hmm.

Spinel is a daughterfu, I would kill you if I could.

>clearly understood gems had feelings and needs
She didn't at the time. She was still in her Diamond mindset.

I always thought that was over looked a bit by people. Spinel was really genuinely trying to help and make him happy, if Steven had of just asked her to turn it down a notch she probably would have. I mean when she was shaking him when they first met the second he asked her to stop she did and put him down. To say nothing of the face they gave them the idea on how to fix everyone in the first place.

Fuck Sugar. Anyone who uses the word "toxic" to describe people has no idea what they're talking about, they're just spewing callout culture shit.

Thank god.

No because PD used to entertain her Pearl, would make sure she was comfortable and happy. PD lost her own Pearl (WD took it) and the main Pearl of the show was Pink Pearl’s replacement.

Either this is overlooked or PD really just hated Spinel and wanted rid of her, and got rid in perhaps the most evil way possible.

She was never not in her Diamond mindset you stupid bitch.

I know she didn’t directly state is Spinel is “fundamentally toxic” but implied it in so many words, but if it it the case, why does Spinel show a lot of restraint and self-awareness and empathy before she changes back to her Crazy form? Why does the show constantly harp on about how Gems can change their nature to become better, good beings. Why is Spinel locked into a specific personality trait (a toxic one) when we see other gems break free of theirs. Hell, even the ultra powerful perfect Gem accepted that she can be flawed and can still be good and make others happy.

It’s weird. Fuck Sugar.

'Toxic' is thrown around too much these days but it also doesn't just mean a person who's done something bad. Like toxic substances, they linger around precisely because nothing they ever do is enough to call them out over in isolation, so they stay in the area like a bad hazard, harming the people dumb enough to walk right into it and eroding away at those who are smart enough to keep their distance but can't get away completely. Toxic people hurt by slowly spreading their misery, not by driving up and decking you in the face. Toxicity is explicitly a non violent form of harm and that's the metaphor that's being lost when everyone calls any old asshole "toxic".

If Spinel was supposed to be that she'd need to have more screen time because those types don't just show up and ruin you or your community in the span of a day. (1/2)

>t. toxic person

The truth is true no matter who says it. It's just a shitty term that is consistently used in shitty ways by people who do not understand the gravity of the word.

(2/2) Toxic Spinel would:
>prey, inadvertently or not, on each gem for sympathy and attention until they wear out
>she'll do it in a way that makes them feel guilty even when they've given all they can give
>she'll make them feel even worse for not being able to give more
>because of that her presence strains the whole group until it affects their relations with each other (the toxin "spreading"), they don't have time for each other because of Spinel, they neglect each other because of her, they start missing things they used to do all because of her.
>Any good thing that pops up becomes shit on by her. Maybe it's a concert and she doesn't want to go so Steven stays with her when it was meant to be a special event between him and Connie. Then another day it's Garnet's anniversary and they explain what it is to her, which makes her demand one with Steven. Then another, she makes a Gem shift into Steven (who's absent) for the whole day, which tires them out until they snap at her, to which she then cries at and paints as a dick to another Gem who doesn't have the whole picture and buys it.
>basically she would say and do shit that makes the tension in the room increase tenfold at the mention of her name even though she's a "friend" and nobody wants to be that asshole who lets her down.

Spinel does have the "clingy jealous girl" vibe but we don't get enough time with her to see if she's that much of a trainwreck in the long run

The word "toxic" has no meaning anymore besides "bad".

She attempted to move away from it at least. But yeah.

She's a gem designed to make her owner happy. It's natural that she'd slowly adapt to do that as perfectly as possible.

She'd make a great wife. Assuming you aren't a piece of shit.

she would be a great wife if she weren't pre-broken by PD

How is that ironic?

You make Spinel sound so very unappealing that I can feel the 3D on my tongue just reading this.

she needed a hug god damn fuck this movie

But that's the thing, she isn't like that.
She's aware enough that she could play the 'nice' game, with remarks about how she's okay with them doing things with other people and she'll just be alone at home/etc.
But she doesn't, that's not the sort of person she was, she is not a fundamentally toxic personality.

>met a girl 5 years ago
>fell in love
>she gets me into SU
>SU turns me gay
>break up with her
Now im gay

Attached: 90tbsnk36n0z.png (850x684, 382K)

I just KNEW Steven was the antichrist.

>met a girl last year
>she got me into steven universe
>lost my lip virginity to her while listening to "here comes a thought"

Still straight as an arrow.

IDK user, have you seen just how much an arrow bends the moment its shot from a bow?

lmao

Clearly you've never met anyone with BPD. Toxic is their entire life. They also tend to be big proponents of callout culture shit themselves.

>ywn talk spinel down from one of her panic attacks where she's convinced you're going to leave her
>ywn console spinel when you leave for work in the morning
>ywn spend upwards of three hours a day at work responding to her messages because she gets antsy if you take more than a minute to respond
>ywn spend several hours on the streets searching for spinel because she ran away for the second time that month because she doesn't think she's worthy of being loved
>ywn comfort spinel as she crumples in your arms after she hit you during one of her anxiety attacks
>ywn spend an entire dinner convincing spinel that you weren't looking at other women
>ywn spend the whole night wrapped in her arms because she can't sleep if you're right next to her
>ywn come home to find that she tore up your bed and broke your ps4 because you took 5 minutes to respond to a message
>ywn have spinel cry her eyes out while holding your legs in a death grip when you try to break up with her
>ywn black out after she wraps her arms around your throat as she drags you back into the apartment
>ywn wake up to find your arms tied as spinel explains that you're not allowed to break up with her because she loves you more than anyone
>ywn spend the rest of your life cared for by spinel after she amputates your hands and feet to keep you dependent on her

Attached: 1567914382260.png (1280x1343, 229K)

Because she's mentally ill. She shows signs of self harm, hyper vigiliance and rejecting him. We like her because she's cute and sympathetic but irl if you're dealing with someone who is actively refusing help and cannot be calmed down, you get mental health professional involved.

The movie starts with him making a message to broadcast from homeworld and the diamonds get on their hands and knees, begging him to beg him to stay because he's done what he asked of them, ending their colonies and creating better living conditions for gems on homeworld. 2 years is plenty of time to visit them and check up on their progress when you have warp pads bring you there at light speed.

Presumably Pink Pearl was taken away because Pink wasn't behaving like a true diamond. White took her first pearl away and "fixed" her in full sight of pink, then gave her a new one to have because it would look bad for a diamond to not have a pearl. PD would have to abide by the expectations of white, blue and yellow if it meant being treated seriously and not having her things taken away from her.

Toxic as in it's draining on you to be around them. They may be toxic intentionally like someone who bullies people because of their insecurities, or inadvertently "toxic" by making you feel depressed just being near them while they aren't even engaging you in conversation. I don't like using it but spinel does display behavior of being mentally ill and kind of controlling, which is why steven was apprehensive about helping her because she was actively refusing help.

>Purple
>Bendy
>Cartoon physics
>Crazy

Attached: tumblr_n8q6e40Et91rqej3wo6_1280.gif (515x289, 906K)

Based

This is a self harming gem who hates herself and should be punished for trying to commit genocide.

She should be put back in the garden and left exactly where pink told her to stay and never tell her when the punishment enough.

I want to see the panic and fear rise up on her face.

Attached: DC701530-A5DF-4251-A672-4D2FA0D7168F.jpg (640x423, 19K)

>they fuse into Smokey Quartz
>distant Peridot, "ew that's disgusting!"
P based

No bulli.
She should've been made to help clean up the mess she left. Stretchy limbs would make clean up much easier.
Littering is annoying and she just dipped out with the diamonds who talked shit about one city on earth after a battle, when their own planet looks like that. Snobs.

why do you post this in every thread

Good job

WHY THIS DIDNT HAPPEN?!

Attached: endmysufferony.gif (480x270, 621K)

Base form spinel is the daughter, her other form Is the wife

We do what we must

sounds like a standard relationship to me

It’s filled with retardation

Oh my fucking God I spat my coffee

That sounds exhausting desu.

>As for the rejuvenator, that probably comes included with all Spinels in case you need to do a factory reset before passing them on to a new owner.

Considering how attached they get, this makes a LOT of sense

Attached: Co+at+it+again_a44dd0_7280962.jpg (900x282, 87K)

He had no reason to be all friendly with any of the other antagonists but every single time he was. He even talked the mindless planet destroying monstrosity into friendship submission.

lapis is demonstratably everything you just typed.

according to some becky sketches she is depressed, which would explain all of it. depression can promote black and white thinking like that.

>I do not like nostalgia
>Makes an entire character based off a show from her childhood

shh, if we pretend the distant past was iredeemably racist we get to pretend our own childhoods were perfect

All according to keikaku

>some becky sketches
let me see them

it's on her instagram. they have 'depress' written on them.

It's honestly kind of obnoxious. I know it'll sound like /pol/ shit saying it but it really does seem like virtue signalling.
>yeah they were cool, but the actual events and what led to these toons being made to have hourglass women and acceptable cat-calling is problematic
She should distance the art from the artists if she can't realize that animators of that era were just a product of their time. It's not like she's going to make a comeback for that kind of behavior with adding old school designs.

you could even say its reclaiming these aesthetics to use them in such a socially forward show and context

she's probably just trying to prove she is woke since people criticised cuphead for using a blackface reminicent drawing for the devil (they changed it for final release but people still complained that king dice is based on a black guy etc).

Attached: 1555795831330.jpg (540x764, 27K)

This movie at least isn't? If steven figured out how to activate his powers earlier he would have bubbled her from the get go and be done with it.

The whole point with the "passive" phase though is to allow the viewer who may be getting abused somehow to self insert and show that they can transition from passive and take the power by standing up for themselves. Spider-Man for example wouldn't work too well if Peter from issue 1 just beats the shit out of Flash before he even gets bit.

Attached: 1546318533907.png (1024x1024, 249K)

>didn't occur to steven to go to peridot and get her to bubble spinel before the memory reboot stuff

i know cause plot, but geez.

He was in panic mode over his powers, friends, and injector. And if I recall she rebooted pretty fucking quickly.

Plus they were at the barn. So htf was he going to make it in time? I guess he could bubble her again after reform, but this is Steven and he'd feel guilty as fuck doing it when she is seemingly acting innocent.

sounds like some real projecting from a bad girlfriend who cheats. i'm an incel, kill me.

lol

bro that sounds nice tf, hugs from the diamonds sound awesome

Best segment, best lyrics

If Sugar thinks Spinel is a toxic person because she never got to develop and grow, why was her ending (which was portrayed as a good outcome for the character) sent off to be a toy for Diamonds when that is essentially what forced Spinel to remain stagnant in the first place?

It seems so unlike Sugar to write a character this way.

And why did Sugar seem to completely reverse the character development of the Diamonds? They wanted to change things because they were fucking miserable (especially blur and yellow), but now it seems like they’re actually only doing it to please Steven. Just, what.

It was the rejuvenator weapon, retard.

That had to be the second time she was poofed. If that was the only time she was poofed, she shouldn't have 2 forms, unless is right, but there's no evidence of that being the case other than it being a nice explanation for what we see in the movie.

Rose to Greg?

i dont get this
like, there is warp pad right next to her, she followed Pink Diamond everywere, of course she would now where they keep weapons and stuff and could teleport to that location

Attached: 1568204762890.png (128x169, 36K)

iirc Rebecca said it's a general song representing some of the themes of the show. Perhaps it was to avoid spoiling stuff though, it does fit Rose just fine. Not necessarily just to Greg.

We don't really know what era 3 homeworld is like. It could be great place to personal growth plus all the warps are open so she's not stuck in one place. The diamonds seem to mirror the crystal gems back at season one went they took in steven. In "Spinel's universe" the diamonds will have to learn to see her as her own gem and not as a toy.

Considering the color scheme of both weapons, they were probably Pink's to begin with, and something Spinel might hear about while they play.
If anything, they were probably gifts from the other Diamonds, most likely Yellow considering they're weapons. Yellow, being who she is, got Pink what SHE would consider great gifts rather than what Pink would find interesting
>Oh wow... great, it's a...?
>Bio-poison Injector.
>Neat.
>You can destroy an entire planet's worth of organic life with just one of these!
>...I don't HAVE a planet.
>But if you did, you could! Think about it! Your armies are pathetic. With this wonderful machine, you can save them the embarrassment of losing to a bunch of animals! You're welcome.
>Wow. Thanks, Yellow. And what's this?
>A rejuvenator! The next time one of your underlings develops an aberrant personality, you can just reset them with this! No more sending them off to White for months of painful, painful reprogramming. Thoughtful, yes?
>Wow. I'm just so... thankful.

Attached: (you).png (593x667, 268K)

>introduce my friend group to Steven Universe
>they all turn lesbian
>tfw I cucked myself out of a dating pool

Attached: DWY4kPAX0AA-Oav.jpg (431x412, 18K)

>tfw no Steven Universe fighting game made by aksys
>Cast open for cool move sets
>Spinel unlockable

youtube.com/watch?v=Ua12p2jNCGM

If RWBY and Dragonball Z can get one why can't this?

Attached: May Guilty Gear.gif (500x348, 858K)

>With this wonderful machine,
>you can save them the embarrassment of losing to a bunch of animals!
> You're welcome.
very believable, and read that in her voice.
well done.

Attached: parpcorm.gif (255x209, 691K)

You can make them straight again by having them focus on the Universe charm, but I don't know if they'll be interested in you after that

Make them was Steg Multiverse

woah this thread sure is big !

wanna archive it or something?

Attached: Screenshot_4.png (197x342, 96K)

Attached: spinellove.png (1280x3814, 962K)

this is pretty cute. I won't lie I got fluttering in my stomach.

Self-harmed and poofed herself. There's a clip somewhere of her hitting herself in the head out of frustration.

That's still really fucked considering he doesn't treat Lapis with nearly as much contempt despite being just as bad, arguably worse.

I dont want any Diamonds I want her.....

Attached: tumblr_pxhkg1bzkP1t1popso1_1280.png (1280x1412, 565K)

now that su is getting new season we should call it SUZ

I Dislike SU after watching season 3 but i got to say the movie is pretty good.

Pearls singing voice is pretty dope too.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ZtclwrcdOY

And then she goes and vents to Spinel about the crappy presents like a spoiled brat

>months of painful, painful reprogramming
damn

>that could have been artistic license
Is that what they call bad writing these days?

She only poisoned the ocean near beach city

Attached: Untitled.png (1912x2144, 3.88M)

the injector had the ability to fill the planet with non-organic juice

Steven was her first poof. It hurt more than she thought it would. He wasn't gentle.

It's shitty writing and typical shoddy craftsmanship, as expected of the pack of drooling retards running the Becky Sucrose School For Kids Who Can't Draw Good And Want To Learn How To Do Other Things Good As Well...but if I were to say something along the lines of "Peridot has grossly overestimates her abilities as an analyst and technician, especially without Homeworld stamped and approved equipment to give her accurate measurements, and her years on Earth with the Crystal Gems has further degraded her skills and talent at the job she was literally created to do, so while she told Steven the injector had enough killjuice to wipe out all organic life in the world, in actuality the poison would be localized to the vicinity of Beach City and its effects wouldn't be impossible to reverse, given enough time and effort," would you buy it?

It was odd that she knew the term "poof". It was a terminology that Steven made up after Pearl was stabbed.

That was her intention, but she failed and only poisoned beach city

When did she say "poof"?

>You don't poof, do you?
She was taking swings at Steven while he tanked the weapon.

What's the term gems use, then? They always say poof during the series.

>you don't poof, do you? figured as much

Attached: you dont poof.png (1684x935, 1.82M)

Something like "de-form" or something. Steven came up with "poof", and Garnet humors him by imitating.

Now I'm glad Spinel is a one-shot, Sugar would go out of her way to ruin her if she was a regular. It's just more proof of how everything good about this series was a fluke.

Why would she know that? How does she know what a human is?

They never say anything other than poof though. Steven just guessed right.

I think Spinel is coming back. The movie was presented a finale, but it wasn't. It's not that unusual of Steven Universe to end an episode on something that seems like a finale to a plot when it's actually getting brought back later.
Everyone always says that the show doesn't have one off characters, I think because Rebecca said something like that at some point.

Maybe some earlier form of the script had Steven use the word in front of her. Maybe after she strikes the of the CG, Steven would have yelled "Why did you poof my friends?". I can see why such a line might get cut.

No I mean why would she suspect Steven doesn't poof when literally every other gem he's encountered just assumes he follows all the same rules.

If Steven were correctly guessing gem terminology, the others would have had a full Rosegasm and thought he was manifesting his mothers memories.

I'm a huge fan of the series, I enjoy nearly everything in it, and whenever I read one of Rebecca's interviews it doesn't sound like something I would enjoy at all. I have no idea what that is, I'm glad I enjoy the series. Interviews aren't representative of the actual material.

Because she hit him with the weapon several times already by that point and he was still standing.

lewd

Poofing isn't a new thing. It happens to gems. Maybe she just chose the similar phrasing. As for everything else probably from Steven's broadcast or logs during the shit he has been up to during the timeskip as she was getting her doom machine

Don't they constantly have that doubt during season 1? Or at least Pearl does.

I really didn't like how Sugar used so much the word "toxic" to describe Spinel

It's oversimplifying the character to a level that is insulting to so many people that felt a connection to the way she expresses and feels

Attached: 1568156833832.jpg (785x762, 41K)

None of them act as if they suspect he has her memories. Pearl is sad once and looks at the gem while wondering if Rose is in there somewhere.

>you look so much like her
>sometimes you even sound like her
this was said by pearl

Kids look and sound like their parents.

Considering the time frame, she should logically be struggling with the idea that a gem could be passed down to someone without being the gem with a new design. A lot of the movie is written for the perspective of the viewer, so you don't have to retread a lot of old complications in the span of a few minutes just to get to the core premise.

Yeah it wasn't the best word for her in the sense that she didn't purposely guilt trip Steven and brought him down in an personal abusive relationship sorta way.

She was definitely unhinged and overbearing / clingy but its not too surprising given what happened to her. She has at least shown the ability to adapt and change a bit if people are straight with her. Problem is Pink pretty much ALWAYS beats around the bush or runs away from anything like that.

Then during the end even before the Diamonds showed up she showed the desire to get better on her own.

It blew up and failed. Peridot was just playing steven like a fiddle.

yes, and? That doesn't prove me wrong, during season 1 Pearl noticed the similarities and wasn't sure what to make of them

user its okay, It's okay that you cried and that you cry, just don't be a "puss puss" and do it in front of other people ya know? lol. Shit sucks, things hurt, this isn't a happy place, but the good part is that there are thots everywhere and that fact you found out she was one before you put a ring on it is a win my friend. Have a smoke take another sip of the good stuff and keep on truckin my man.

Attached: 1520718642901.gif (355x225, 1.5M)

Her statement didn't make any suggestions about thinking Rose was emerging and didn't suggest that she thought Steven had her memories.

I don't think she's a one shot, not after being yet another victim of pink's dickery. She'll show up whenever they go to homeworld or if the diamonds visit earth to dues ex machina the next villain/victim.

very very fucked up that i was still growing up when su started. watched the movie even though i started hating the show last year. the movie made me remember the days my old teenage gf and i used to bond over su and she probably doesnt give a shit about this baby show anymore, or any of the games we used to play (that i still play)

But that doesn't make sense when like 80 percent of the poison was injected before it blew up. That should've been enough to at least take out entire continents.

The trouble with Spinel, is that fixing her would require a lot of screen time and possibly multiple episodes. If they are only getting one more season, they may not want to spend it on some new girl. Easier to fix her problems unseen in the background.

It's weird to read the interviews and feel like you aren't enjoying the series and characters in the way it was intended

Attached: am i doing it right.png (1677x928, 1.35M)

The entire movie was about retreading old complications.

MAn that escalated a lot yet my heart is still adrift in a sea of yearning

The only person that should be a problem for is Alan Moore

The very moment they decided to put "The Movie" into the title, somebody in charge probably insisted that the show be accessible to newbies and explain everything again.

Oh, well then better ruin the movie then. Clearly.

Exactly

Attached: 1565652966894.jpg (500x818, 73K)

I doubt any other nation even noticed. Blue used to sneak into korea where pink was "shattered" and no other countries' nationals are ever witnessed talking about shit like how a giant transparent hand yeeted some spaceships that belongs to giant milfs.
>If they are only getting one more season, they may not want to spend it on some new girl
Sugar is intending for the next season(s) to be vastly different from the seasons before the movie. Steven's growing up and they'll probably have some "hard decisions" or some other contrived bullshit to show how the show has evolved to be more mature but still friendly. If they ever have someone die I would be very intrigued tho. So far the most hardcore thing was the writers planning on having greg lose a leg when lapis stole the earth's water but it got scrapped.

I never read Spinel as toxic, just damaged and overly sensitive to repeating the past. She expects to be used or abandoned and Steven being the clod he goes full retard and confirms her fears by agreeing that all he wanted her for was to turn off the injector.

Lapis is a toxic gem and I think that's what bothers me the most about the resolution, Steven was capable of showing her all the kindness and forgiveness in the world even when she threw that in his face again and again and again. Her gestures to 'make things right' are grand gestures, big things to make up not believing in Steven when it counted (fusing with Jasper and holding her in it as a prisoner for months, BARNing Blue Diamond). Lapis tried drowning Steven and Connie in her first appearance and made a tower out of the ocean to get to space. Peridot ran herself thin trying to appease Lapis and her reward was her home taken/destroyed and the resulting misery that followed. She deserves the happy ending from this (somehow) and her being crappy is glazed over because she wears pants now and is besties with Bismuth and somehow Peridot again.

fuck you man.

I assume Connie moves to college.

Lapis runs into problem of skipping out on an actual arc where she properly confronts the Crystal Gems about the mirror situation. To this day, this confounds me with how the writers continue to ignore the elephant in the room after so many episodes have gone by.

We don't still don't jack shit about how she was able to conjure water clones and simultaneously involve herself in 4 different fights. Pearl didn't exactly have total mastery over one holo-pearl, where did we ever see an explicit statement revealing Lapis's intentions to drown Steven and Connie? Not to mention Peridot's numerous attempts to murder the CG, and I don't think we saw any apologies from those attempts. Lapis has no reason to make amends in regards to Peridot's baffling apology attempts, and the final attempt where any notion of sincerity was involved, Steven had indeed chided Lapis for telling Peridot to fuck off. Peridot proceeded to apparently lie to Lapis about Earth's impending threat from HW, creating a very shallow "safe space" for someone who desired open honesty and was clearly not interested in Peridot's misguided lessons from Steven's pacifism. Lapis did not attack Peridot for not wanting to leave. Peridot did not ask Lapis to keep the barn intact.

>Steven's growing up
He was growing up thorough the whole show, that was the point.

There's always talk of how "relatable" all the characters are. I doubt they'd make that exception for Spinel. In this show no one is a villain and everyone is redeemed eventually. I'm sure they'll bring her back and get her to overcome her past.

>To this day, this confounds me with how the writers continue to ignore the elephant in the room after so many episodes have gone by.
Because even the writers themselves don't know at this point. There's just no way to justify keeping her in that mirror for thousands of years without making the CG's look as bad as Pink Diamond. And no amount of apologies would be enough to make up for it.

>If they are only getting one more season
Speaking of which:
According to imgur.com/a/3s5W3, VAs haven't recorded since May. Is it normal for voice actors to have a long break?
Maya Petersen changed her Twitter description to say that she no longer storyboards for Steven Universe. I think other storyboarders still have it though, and iirc a new (French?) storyboarder was hired a few months ago (they wouldn't hire new storyboarders when the series is ending, right?)
When CNScoop first mentioned the movie, he also said that there would be at least 4 more seasons.
In the newest CNScoop leak, he says that he didn't have any new info on Steven Universe and that he didn't know what was going on except that Zach Callison (Steven's VA) was taking a year long trip
I don't think I've seen Zach talk about his trip anywhere, but I've heard that he has started it (one of the Korean animation studios that work for CN was supposedly one of the places he visited). Not sure if anyone other than CNScoop said it was going to last a year, I think I've heard it was only a few months.
Zach Callison said that we have yet to see Steven go through a major character arc that he particularly related to
Whatever is next for the show, Rebecca claims is very different. A new name for the series, perhaps having new protagonists or dropping the Steven only perspective sounds likely.
There's rumors of the new series being called "Beyond Steven's Universe".

This is all I know for whatever is next. If anyone has any info (or if you can clear up my doubts) it would be very welcome.

Maybe there isn't anything else. Maybe there is a staff change. Someone will have to ask somebody.

We heard a couple times that the proper term is "destabilizing"
This is a slight oversight

Attached: “Yeesh. I must be getting old. I used to like cartoons.”.webm (960x540, 886K)

>"destabilizing"
The only time I remember hearing this is as in "gem destabilizer", the thing Japser uses at the end of season 1. It causes poofing, but it seems to do it in a way we're not otherwise used to see (it looks like electricity, I think Yellow's attack was similar). I don't remember the term "destabilizing" being used to refer to poofing, and I'm not convinced they're the same thing, unless you have some examples.

>Garnet sensed some corrupted Gem activity in these woods. It is our job to locate it, destabilize its form, and bubble it.
they're called destabilizers because they poof, being pierced disrupts their form forcing them to retreat into their gem = destabilized = poofing

What if the first time it happened was from Pink Diamond playing too rough with Spinel and that’s what term PD used in her shock. That’s why Steven used it in the present because he was slightly influenced by PD’s fragmented memories

I searched through the Steven Universe wiki (only because it has transcripts for all the episodes) and I found one single instance of the term "destabilize" being used to refer to poofing. It's said by Connie in Gem Hunt:
>Garnet sensed some corrupted Gem activity in these woods. It is our job to locate it, destabilize its form, and bubble it.

I also wanted to see when "poof" was first used. It actually isn't mentioned at all in Steven the Sword Fighter. They don't give it a name in the episode at all.

As far as I can tell, the first 2 times the term was used are Reformed (said by Steven, twice) and "What are Gems?" (said by Pearl explaining to Steven). After that everyone says poof except that one time Connie said "destabilize".

And that's the thing, I don't NEED justification, quid pro quo whatever. Everyone's fucking awful to each other in this show. What's fun is that they sometimes talk about how awful they are and come to at least appreciate one other for opening up. I just want them to actually talk just ONCE about it, what the fuck. Seeing Lapis standing even remotely close to them with little to no sense of dread nowadays bothers the fuck out of me. Like a slap in the face from the writers.

the french guy left SU, I would assume around the same time as Maya, since they were storyboard partners. They probably finished their assigned episodes and went their separate ways.

This, Spinel was very obviously just in need of some TLC. The only reason she freaks out at the end, besides shitty writing, is because Steven is just absolutely careless in his treatment of her.
Sugar's perception of what the character is supposed to be is in direct odds to what the character actually is, and while I wouldn't put it past her to accidentally write the villain as more sympathetic than the heroes, there is just too much emphasis on how little Steven does to help her, how ignorant he is of her problems, and how much that parallels his mother's actions for it to be accidental.

I honestly believe that some writer twisted Spinel's story to be more sympathetic, and Sugar just didn't realize how far off the mark it was going. That's the only way I can explain how kino Spinel and her relationships to the other characters are while taking Sugar at her word about her intentions.

Attached: 1568218202779.jpg (710x910, 263K)

>here is just too much emphasis on how little Steven does to help her, how ignorant he is of her problems, and how much that parallels his mother's actions for it to be accidental.
Fucking exactly. He's rushing to get back to his status quo of "happily ever after", not wanting things to change, then only realizing at the end that the reason he gained powers and could help people was because he could change. Stagnating in a dream of "happily ever after" turned him into a little shit who would've left spinel in her rejuvenated form had she not been more useful to him with her memories regained. He would've left her like that, the easier/safer option for him and the cgs but horrible to actually do considering it was practically a lobotomy.
Sure, she was attempting to harm strangers and came the closest to actually killing steven but toxic implies she had a history of behavior that sucks your soul dry. She snapped and was in pain and didn't know how to express herself because she never got interact or grow in 6000 years, left behind expecting to perform her duties as designed. Then the reality of her situation hit her like a brick.

They literally needed to spend one 5 minute scene not using a song for exposition. It would have made things much more clear. Unfortunately because they made it a musical they condensed how much time could be used to develop characters.

The moments where Spinel and Steven are just talking to each other are some of the highlights of the movie. Examples include when Spinel grabs Garnet and tries to goad Steven, when Spinel mocks Steven as she dangles him off the injector, and after she punches him into the rejuvenator after his gay song.

Damn this movie could have been great.

>dropping the Steven only perspective sounds likely.
I fucking hope so. Him being the catalyst for 90% of the other character's development is irritating, especially with how much of a dick he was in the movie. Amethyst made her own friends in town, like vidalia, and even went out for fight nights with other townsfolk.
Pearl just sort of tolerated humans and only began to relax around greg after steven intervened, otherwise she would've kept hating his guts.
No new gems were found unless steven found them, him discovering bismuth in lion space, the mirror opening up to him to reveal a trapped lapis, him trying to help peridot despite being a homeworld gem who the other cgs would've just poofed and interrogated instead of get her on their side. Major arcs obviously need him to be there but I can't remember the last time the trio introduced steven to someone new they befriended without him.

Interesting. Do you know of anyone else or is that all you have?

>I can't remember the last time the trio introduced steven to someone new they befriended without him.
That would make sense now, but it wouldn't have made any sense at all in the original setting. The gems all lived together, everyone else was trapped or corrupted.

What Rebecca said makes more sense if you keep in mind that "toxic" holds no meaning anymore. I don't like the interview, but it sounds like you don't know what show you're talking about when you say things like
>accidentally write the villain as more sympathetic than the heroes
when this show has always been all about that.

I miss Superjail.

Not a lot, mind you.

Just Superjail levels of missing Superjail.

Attached: 1415243934653.gif (300x285, 2.7M)

I know it isn't relevant here now, but I feel like making a reponse to all of the posting about how strong Spinel is and that they should make a whole army of her.
It wasn't her, it was the tools. When Stephen proved resistant to the scythe he was able to just grab it, and when he did it was over in an instant.
In the rematch with no scythe, after he got his powers back, there was nothing she could do to him.

>all of the posting about how strong Spinel is and that they should make a whole army of her.
Only stupid people say that.

The interview makes it very clear that the audience was intended to dislike her as much as Steven, that we are supposed to see her post-message side as a problem, a menace, a good for nothing spine in the side of the characters just trying to live their lives. She is not supposed to be more sympathetic than the heroes, you're supposed to be relieved that she gets shipped off with the Diamonds because it means that she's not causing problems anymore.
I don't know what the fuck you're smoking to see what you see in her words, her terrible intentions are very clear.

I meant like a new friend of anyone. Pearl could go to town, meet someone or join a bookclub and invite them over for tea or something. It's just weird that none of them made friends with the locals or tried to with any new gems minus bismuth when new gems were introduced. Garnet seems like she'd be fine friends with the pizza shop sisters. The only people who came over more often not just for steven were ronoldo for his investigations and jamie because he had a crush on garnet. Connie comes mostly for steven but sometimes for pearl to train her how to better defend steven.

Rebecca in the interview said that it's okay if you found her behavior to be frustrating, not that she was supposed to be frustrating to everyone or that Steven found her frustrating (when judging his behavior you have to account the situation he was in, he forgot about what the show presents as his best power, was tired, weak, powerless and alone).

You're right about that. Garnet and especially Pearl are excused because they didn't want to interact with humans, but it's really weird that we never saw Amethyst befriend new people.

>alone
True. She insta poofed his closest friends and allies at once then attacked him with it. He didn't know what it fully did so he reasoned she'd simply poof when he slashed back. Once he realized they had been mind wiped, his own panic set in realizing that she may have cost him his entire family.

>It’s sort of up to you if you would like to love her. If you watch this movie and she, you know, frustrates you, that is totally fair. I want that to be a big part of who she is.
Can you read?

>making excuses for Steven
He either found her frustrating or he didn't. The context is irrelevant given the fact that they are never allowed to interact outside of it, because the second the conflict resolves the story gets rid of Spinel. If you can look at his interaction's with her in the movie and seriously say to me that he didn't find her frustrating to be around then I'm going to tell you to fuck off.

Presumably amethysts did make more friends or still does, we just don't see them.
Vidalia used to draw her and they hung out, she'd watch tv with greg in the storage locker, and she had to have made at least a few acquaintances when she was a wrestler or took pearl and steven to that concert where pearl found the human version of rose.

>Can you read?
Can you? Your quote just proves me right.
>UP TO YOU if you would like to love her
>IF she frustrates you

>He either found her frustrating or he didn't. The context is irrelevant given the fact that they are never allowed to interact outside of it
Alright then. He did find her frustrating, but I think it would be ooc for him if it was in a normal context instead of "I just wiped most of your family's memories, drained all your powers and I'm about to kill you and everyone around you because of something you had nothing to do with". They can bring her back any time to further develop their relationship.

my problem with spinel is her ending:
>relapse after seeing steven with the scythe tramples all over the development she just had
>tries to kill steven and then simply gives up instead of the willingness to change from before
>ends up going with the diamonds and still being needy and clingy instead of becoming an independent character like pearl did in her arc
the people that wrote this conclusion seriously need to go fuck themselves

Same, but I think she's coming back. I think they make it seem like an ending so the movie can still be enjoyed standalone if you don't think too much about it. They even did this with some episodes and waited several episodes if not seasons before properly resolving the conflicts they set up.

if she comes back theyll just fuck her up even moreb mark my words

We'll see, but personally, I think her return will be pretty good. And Steven will hug her, too

Attached: momentai.png (574x587, 59K)

I hope so, some character development arcs were good, others less so.

Can anyone tell me where that "completed character arcs" thing came from?

I want to see Spinel coming back and getting her hug.

i want to be the one that hugs her