Other than Butcher's motivation, the adaptation is MUCH better than the source material

Other than Butcher's motivation, the adaptation is MUCH better than the source material.

Attached: the-boys-1-1564564650.jpg (480x480, 42K)

BINO is a big pile of shite

Are they setting us up for a Deep redemption arc in S2? I mean, his assault of Starlight is no worse than Hughie murdering Translucent or Butcher blowing up Stillwell's baby.

I love how they changed The Deep from "hrmmmm I'm GRUMPY" to an actual character with an interesting arc.

By the way, how much did Yea Forums like the show? I wasn't around here when it released, what was the consensus like?

Wrong

False. At this point they've skipped over 80% of the buildup in such a way where it makes no sense to backtrack on most of it.

Butcher's motivation is gone so we don't get Butcher, Baker or any of the character's actual buildup over the series as a tragic figure. Annie and Hughie's dynamic has been completely botched because he already knows she's a cape, already knows what she did, and has already had the relationship exposed to The Boys so there's zero fucking tension surrounding it anymore. MM apparently comes from a relatively stable home life now so there's no drama from the conflicts with the broken ex-wife and abused daughter as in the comics. The 9/11 angle has been dropped completely which not only removes any potential payoff from the reveal and its implications, but also completely undermines Maeve's character since in the comics the reason she becomes an alcoholic wreck is her guilt over what happened on 9/11 and is the reason she eventually agrees to help The Boys and eventually stand up to Homelander, so there goes her entire arc as a character. Herogasm is coming in Season 3 but no longer serves any actual narrative function - no buildup to Homelander's coup because he's already gone off the reservation and murdered Stilwell, no suspense about VAC's assassination plan because there's no presidential connection in the story and they've already succeeding in getting capes into the military thanks to the superterrorist threat.

etc, etc, etc, etc.

They've disemboweled the source material and written themselves into a corner.

Wack

>No Terror

Why even bother?

Attached: 2762896-terror.png (777x960, 1.04M)

Why are people trying to pretend the original was anything but edgy shockbait.

>>What if the Justice League were rapists?

He had a character, and the best joke in the entire comic, fuck you.

Also Yea Forums rightfully hates it

>the attempt to rescue the dolphin
>being sent to freaking Ohio
>having crazed fangirl finger rape his gills
>that utter breakdown at the end
I mean it still doesn't excuse shoving his dick in someone's face, but its nice to see a predator character not only get his just comeuppance but also showing he's not a 100% evil rapist asshole. He's just a regular asshole that lashes at a world that just cant let him win

What joke?

>confused klansman.jpg

I love it, but I also think the comic is a steaming pile of solid piss.

If that's the best joke in a comic about sociopath superheroes then it's a shitty comic

The new plane scene is FUCKING TRASH. Without the Brooklyn Bridge imagery the scene had no oomph, just another generic plane crash that happens all the time.

I have no idea how somebody could think that tv Stillwell is anyway better than comic Stillwell.

All Ennis' stories are interesting character pieces camouflaged under an outer shell of shock and gore.

wait is that katana she got my back?

I'll do you one better: INCLUDING the change to Butcher's motivation, the adaptation is better than the source material.
>b-but it makes Butcher into a pathetic cuck instead of le badass man in trenchcoat avenging his wife!!!!
Yeah, and it's more interesting that way. Butcher in the comic is a teenaged fantasy. Butcher in the show is a genuinely interesting character who is not incorrect in his assessment of the world he lives in, but is fundamentally broken in the way that only someone trying to revolt against their entire world can be.

But what about the Wee dug?

I like the comic dude but the Deep was practically a non-character for the vast majority of the run.

Homelander was fucking perfect. The mask of gentleness and charisma hiding the psycopathic manchild underneath, the way you could tell he just wants to eyebeam the fuck out of all the muggles and then suck on his mommygf's titties. Butcher was okay but yeah, they shit on his whole motivation. Sad we won't get Stilwell's speech to Butcher at the end, or the scene where Butcher fucks with Jack saying "why u kill my dog m8" and I really didn't like how they changed Frenchie's and Female's relationship. They had a sweet parent-child relationship in the comics.

Yes, that is Cutiehara. After being in capeshit, she went on to be in capekino.

I suspect the people praising the adaptation are either in love with the strength of Homelander's portrayal or couldn't stomach the gore of the original. The show is otherwise The Boys in name only.

No herogasm
No superduper
No mothers milk
No V manufaturing side effects

It's the skim milk version.

>No herogasm
Season 3 confirmed
>No superduper
May be where The Deep ends up as part of his "redemption arc."
>No mothers milk
He still has the name, have faith.
>No V manufaturing side effects
They've only had 8 episodes so far

If this thing goes 4 or 5 seasons, you'll end up getting most of this.

>Butcher didn't even know about compound V until the show started
Are you shitting me? THIS is the man with the plan?

Attached: cunt.png (405x405, 153K)

bollocks

>If this thing goes 4 or 5 seasons
We'll see a Firefly reboot before that.

If Butcher has V-Compound in him, could he evade and eventually take down Stain the Hero Killer from MHA?

Attached: 505583FC-692E-4084-949E-91DBC91A4221.png (2880x1440, 3.76M)

i agree that the comic has glaring flaws but "muh edge" isn't a fucking argument

Wasn't Stain just a really pissed off guy with some swords? I mean yeah he had the blood paralysis quirk but I'm Butcher could handle that on his own

When you have Not!Superman nonchalantly putting a dickhole into the President's head just to kill time it kind of is.

He'll pick up Wee Dug to cope with his wife vanishing and cheating on him.

>no Stillwell
>Homelander is already a psychopath, thus denying him the development to that point
>Butcher is useless
other than that, the show does everything else better.

If you take away the anime bullshit, yeah. After all, Bakugo's power is to turn his sweat into nitroglycerin. By itself that should result in nothing more than him turning into paste the first time he uses it. But since he's an anime character, he can direct massive explosions from the palms of his hands to no ill effect to his body or even his hearing. Stain has all the prowess of an anime ninja.

>shoving his dick in someone's face
She got on her knees willingly

Homelander was already crazy in the first few issues. We're introduced to him like this. The show made him seem like a genuine good guy until he blew up that plane

Attached: RCO005.jpg (1041x1600, 414K)