Cartoonists are underpai-

>cartoonists are underpai-

Attached: D0isY8wU8AAttFA.jpg (828x827, 103K)

I thought it was Asians who were underpaid?

>i will work at animation because is my passion AND it pays well
HOLY FUCK MY LIFE IS COMPLETED

Attached: 1567944486861.png (840x859, 474K)

Yeah but they have to live in LA. That’s a huge debt. Maybe we shouldn’t have put everything in fucking LA and cartoonists could be payed better.

>Maybe we shouldn’t have put anything in LA and the united states would be better
FTFY

God damn it in one week of doodling off model shit on post it notes those fags make more money than me in a month

As others pointed out this money doesn't get you very far in places like L.A. We really need to stop putting all the art and entertainment jobs in one of the most expensive cities in America.

Based and repilled

Why can't they live in a cheaper suburb and commute like people do with New York?

If you put too much stuff in a smaller, cheaper areas, it will inevitably turn into LA.

I make $400 a week and the girls in China thought that was a lot. Truth is, I don't make "living wage" for people in my county and I don't make enough income to move out. Yeah I have money saved up but moving out is pointless if the amount of everything I spent being on my own is more than the amount I bring home after deductibles (which is actually $196 a week).

do poeple in NYC really have to commute like 2.5 hours or so just to get to the city to and from work each day? like god damn 5 or 4 hours a day spend just on transportation

I live outside of LA and do that, though i'm not spending 2.5 hours on the road
Get up at 6
Out the door by 6:40
On the train by 7
A couple transfers later, arrive at work by 8:30

Because southern/western states aren't as population dense so commuting can mean 1hr+ driving each day.
So now that money is going to a car that is depreciating in value at like 3x the expected rate, gas, insurance, repairs when shit like tires or windshields need maintenance, carwashes, etc.

None of those are cartoonists. Those are all high-level positions that are making creative decisions like plotting out episodes or designing characters. This is not doing the gruntwork of actually making the episode after it has been storyboarded and stuff.

Also, you have to consider that some of these positions won't have constant work. A character designer, for example, likely won't be on the payroll much after the main cast and recurring characters have been given designs. The studio isn't going to pay you 50 weeks a year to sit around and come up with the 2 new characters that were in this season that only had 12 episodes in it anyway. You do your work to design the couple of new characters they paid you for, and then you have to go find other work elsewhere.

there's a reason why the pay's by week user. Cartooning/art/animation isn't steady work. Rotting in poverty while waiting for seasons to be renewed is a thing. As are show cancellations. Also consider the massive gap between the show being completed and it actually being aired. And then consider studios greenlight more seasons after that.Show business ain't great bruh lmao.

drawers are fucking leeches on the industry

Square mileage of NYC metro area:4495
Mi^2 of just La: 4850
La metro area: 34,000

You don't understand, the middle class is fleeing CA like rats off a sinking ship. There are homeless there with degrees in engineering and law, because housing prices are astronomical and any hiccup in income causes people to lose their house.

A better question why in our day and age cant you live in the middle of the comfy woods in Georgia and work for a company in LA that will pay 200 x the GA standard of living.

T. Grew up an hour from LA.

>prop/FX design, background layout design, background paint, character design, and color styling
>not gruntwork

Texas is trying to get its own animation hub going, at least. But we all know the real reason everything's in Cali; the entertainment industry is incredibly incestuous and you'd have a hard time getting an animation studio in Boise to take off and get distribution deals.

Not to mention a lot of artists are people that want to escape to the big city and chase their dreams etc etc. You'd have to convince them LA is a shithole (it is) and that they're better off in Provo or some other considerably smaller middle-class town (they are, but you wouldn't convince them). Also artists tend to lean fairly liberal, at least the ones you often hear about today, and that makes congregating in smaller towns less likely.

If you put them all in the same area, maybe, but if you spread it out. There's a lot of cheaper 'smaller, cheaper' areas in the United States. We have an entire section of the nation that is described as 'flyover country'.

Georgia is pretty much a media hub too
I know Texas is starting up but its really just RT and studios that animate for video games

>A week
Are they employed or free lancer. Most are free lancer.
And do they work full year, or do get this till their project is over?

Attached: Artists try to attract a drawing deal.jpg (1000x719, 118K)

All evidence indicates that RT is not long for this world.

>As others pointed out this money doesn't get you very far in places like L.A
As someone who actually lives in a pricy part of Commiefornia, this is far more money than most workers here make. You can easily swing a studio apartment in LA for $2,000 per month. Even the lowest paying person on that list will have about $3,500 per month left over after rent. Again, that amount of money left over is more than most workers in this state earn in a month. Even if you spent $1,000 a month on car insurance, car payment, and health insurance, that would still leave $2,500 every month for food and anything else you wanted. At the lowest paying job on that list.

$10 an hour is $400 a week without taxes or overtime involved. That would put their pay at $35ish an hour for the guy making $1,400 a week. Making over three times minimum wage is NOT underpaid, even in the expensive parts of CA. Please stop pushing the meme that $35ish an hour or more won't get you far in LA. It will only not get you far if you are spending nearly $100 a day in food. And yes, the hipsters in LA can live without spending over $40 per meal.

>Spending almost $25g a year on something you don't own.
In flyoverville we'd call that absolutely insane. I could rent for five years and then move somewhere else and see nothing from it or spend the same $25k a year on housing for five years and buy a home completely, then sell if if/when I'm ready to move. Even if the neighborhood goes to shit I'm still coming up ahead over renting in LA by selling it for literally anything.

Only if you consider them getting this 1k-2k per week straight through the month, for a full year.
Normally you break the /month down to /week when it means you dont get hired for a full month, but for 12 week through the year.

>A hostess on a fair gets 100/day
>Whoa every hostess is a millionar!!
See how this is kinda a wrong assumption.

It is insane, but if you consider that you cant get that amount of money at once, without going into debts, its sometimes the only possible thing if you need a home near the job.

You guys think it is easy to actually get a job in the animation industry? Animation job is one of the hardest job to get. Even if you are the top animator or 3D Modeller, the chance of getting a job in a major animation studio is incredibly low.

You are better off working at an oil rig if you want huge loads of cash.

>being this retarded
The point is american cartoonists perpetuate this "oh woe is me I'm just like those poor overworked korean animators" bullshit when they get paid extremely well by union studios.

>NO! I SAID NO! SHUT UP I SAID NO!
Lmao get a job fucking seething retard

This.

None of those jobs involve real creative decisions, and all involve the not animation, but still completely necessary and tedious parts of actually putting together animation.

LOL, they are broke because they have to live in Commiefornia.

>Make 2 a week
>Live in California

lol

maybe 100K in student loans wasn't that bad at all

yes they are, american cartoonists get paid thousands a week while koreans barely make minimum wage in their own country

fuck cartoonists, fuck the industry, these assholes gave no shit about outsourcing and will push communism

literally none of those are that

it's not like a rigger or something. that shit is tedious.

Yes, and that's actually sad.
An American storyboarder earns more in a week than a Japanese storyboarder in a month.
Hell, a Japanese series director's monthly salary is almost 2 weeks of an American character designer's weekly salary.

Attached: crychael_jordan.jpg (1100x1100, 50K)