If the MCU was able to use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver while Fox owned the rights by retconning them to not be...

If the MCU was able to use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver while Fox owned the rights by retconning them to not be mutants in the comics, can't they do something like turn Peter into a mutant or something so that they could still keep him?

Attached: scarlet-witch-quicksilver.jpg (900x506, 135K)

there's too much wrong with your post to even bother
you should know you're an idiot though

Fox and Disney shared the rights to SW and QS, so both studios were allowed to use them. Spider-Man on film is entirely owned by Sony so thankfully that is not possible.

Just create a new Iron Boy... use that kid from Iron Man 3 or Ironheart or Morgan.

>Ironheart
From what I've heard the plan, but good fucking lord is that a terrible fucking idea.

Why a terrible idea?
>New Iron Man
>Black female lead
>Confirmed good critics for that reason.

I think it's terrible too but you know it will make a billion.

So are they gonna kill Peter off in the MCU then? What's the plan for phasing him out? Genuinely curious.

I think that user cared more about the quality than how much Disney will make. I know I would never watch an Ironheart movie

The MCU iteration of "Peter" deserves to be forgotten completely

Your premise is false. The MCU was not able to use those characters because of anything they did to retcon them in the comics, it was because of the terms of their movie character licensing deal. It's believed that these characgters were simply shared use, because they have links to both mutants, and the Avengers.

Kid from Iron Man 3 has more support than Riri ever could

Who cares about quality? just enjoy the MCU formula for another decade, normies money will support it.

>Why a terrible idea?
>New Iron Man
>Black female lead
>Confirmed good critics for that reason.
Literally all the reasons you posted were shit. Riri is nothing but a blackwashing of Tony Stark. “Hey guys why don’t we make a NEW IRON MAN, but this time we’ll make IRON MAN a BLACK WOMAN. She’ll also literally do nothing of value other than putting together an old IM suit!” Shit character. Stop whoring out and being a slut for money. Who gives a shit if it makes money it’ll be a shitty movie.

You're right... yet it will be a success because:
a- It's a MCU movie
b- Black female lead
c- If you say something against the movie, they will not only consider you an incel, but also racist
d- For that same reasons, critics will say it's the best movie in the universe.

The sad thing is if they wanted to do that they could have just used Rhodie's niece, people actually liked her and she's worn armor before IIRC.

Them being mutants was a retcon in first place.

I think she could work with the right writer behind her.

The MCU previously filled the role of Spider-Man by having everyone quip nonstop. So I expect that to be the case moving forward.

>have Peter get hit by something that causes him to lose all/most of his powers
>Peter designs some armor/tech to replicate his previous powers, or just reuse the Iron Spider
>He goes under a different name now as well as changing his superhero identity to be Iron Lad or Night Monkey thanks to Mysterio outing him
>He obviously tells his close friends to call him by his new name and never mention his old one
>?????
>Profit

Attached: 1540640202630.gif (100x100, 26K)

>they could have just used Rhodie's niece, people actually liked her
She was an OC Donut Steel of DC's Natasha Irons, who only appeared in two minis. She wasn't well known or popular. Bendis was probably unaware of her, and would still have created his own character for potential royalties.

No it wasn't, you dumb casual.

Yes it was. They weren't mutants originally.

That doesn't change that she would have been better regardless though.

Not really. There was nothing remarkable about her whatsoever, it's not a Toni Ho situation where she had a established lore and everything.

They're first introduced as members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants though. The later retcon was Magneto being their father, but they were mutants from the start.

They're still negotiating over Spidey. Both sides would be stupid to not come to a deal because they'd all make more money in the long run together.

You underestimate the greed and spite that Disney has. They tried to starve Fox of content and just decided to buy their entertainment IPs.

Still better than "Random unrelated bitch makes her own Iron suit from stolen college projects because because and instead of being punished is picked up by Tony Stark conveniently."

Because at least she wasn't a huge racial stereotype being presented as a good thing unironically.

The worst part is that Bendis just made a worse version of Lila Rhodes. Lila's uncle died and her mentor is in a coma and believed by many to be dead. And instead of her coming from limbo we get a completely unrelated copy.

Well then lets hope they do whatever they do quick. Greedy cunts they may be, but they've handled the character immensely and consistently better than Sony has so the sooner Spidey goes completely to Disney's full control the better.

That's what I've been saying.

It's not Disney's fault that Fox can only depend on their X-men and FF properties, WB is doing well thanks to their horror movies.

Well now I'm saying it.

Then we are in agreement.

Jesus Christ your opinions are horrid

Feel like I'm the only person on this site who agrees with you.