Avatar: The Last Airbender Live Action Leaks

Didn’t see this talked about in the archives, thought i’d post em.

Attached: D2160BF5-3662-4E91-AA7B-6E253A2365B4.jpg (535x733, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mytUdk7D4y8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

These are temp VFX actors so don’t flip lel

Attached: 1F398EAE-752C-4AB9-94DB-D96FAD871515.png (1334x750, 842K)

Ozai

Attached: A0708044-0C10-4271-B5F7-586E3412C6C8.png (1334x750, 1.02M)

Is it too early to expect Toph?

Yes

I didn't know there was this much green in the whole galaxy

i don't even know who this is suppose to be

So how is it going to distinguish itself visually from the Shymalan one? Because Shymalan sucked but the costumes were pretty nice

Yeah.

Attached: 6A14BB98-C598-4DD7-B16D-64B0E3687D71.jpg (640x429, 25K)

I can't tell if white or asian

So the water tribe is white again, huh?
>it's temp actors
Stand ins need to be of a comparable skin tone for VFX shots so that you don't screw up your lighting.

Tbh i’ll take a tan white girl over BLACKED Katara any day.

You're right. My mistake. I forgot the DNA of the site has changed since Shyamalan's movie.

The chair looks too big for him, and he's got his arms out to even put them on the armrests. It doesn't make him look imposing, it does the opposite, making him look comically small. I sure hope this isn't what they go with for his throne, or his outfit.

Who the fuck watches the first live action movie and thinks "Yeah... this deserves another shot!"?

Cute and brown are the prerequisites, but if I had to pick one i’ll take cute over brown.

Attached: 7A50B6DF-5F9D-4036-9A91-1E4725E19E40.png (1334x750, 1.09M)

Bryke, apparently.

Special effects that are completed on time.

It's a beloved multi-million dollar franchise that took one bad step. Even DC got lots of "another shots".

Well yeah, it does deserve another shot.
M. Night Shamalinglong fucked it real bad.

Is this girl really white? I thought Netflix, of all companies, would know better than to change the races of the various characters. Did they not learn a lesson from Shyamalan's film?

I mean there aren't a lot of Dark skinned peoples with bright blue eyes.

You sound like you wouldn't be able to handle a BLACKED Katara anyway.

>ATLA has one of the worst (Western) adaptation films of any media.
>Literally Guardians of Ga'Hoole got a solid film (and the best Zack Snyder film in his filmography at that).
>Netflix picks up Avatar and immediately makes the same initial mistake the old fuckup had by fucking up the race casting.

I refuse to believe it. And I'm not trying to argue :
>WE
Since waterbenders are obviously inuit-expies, and there are plenty of very fair-skinned inuits. But they didn't even try to at least shoot for canon-brown Inuit, and that's just sad. At this rate, Avatar's competing with Homestuck for "flash in the pan that gets shittier and shittier revival attempts"

I'm not a VFX artist but it seems like it'd be easier to just give a brown actress contacts than hue-shift a blue-eyed actress brown.

Why not just make Katara's tribe Sami instead of Eskimo if they're so intent on making her white?

Attached: Image32.jpg (1098x1600, 386K)

If any if the girls are cast for their race over their cuteness, it’s gonna end badly. Heck, Zuko needs to be hot too or the fangirls will have a melt down.

The first Katara actor was perfect. Most Natives are white, I wouldn't see the problem doing it again

Surprised they took this approach. I was expecting pic related levels of overcompensation from the backlash of the shamallama film. Both are bad but just a surprising choice.

Attached: B21D24DA-6152-4320-9805-104C571E998A.jpg (800x450, 72K)

Eskimos pass as white hapa

>>>
> Anonymous 09/09/19(Mon)00:07:03 No.109901786▶
>

Can't believe Avatar is getting a higher budget than the Netflix Iron Fist show

They said and I quote “We want Avatar to be our Game of Thrones”

>Most natives are white
>Most circumpolar natives are white
>Most circumpolar natives in the in-universe equivalent of the early 1900's were white.

Triply wrong, but okay.

Reminder that the Avatar earth is nothing like our own and that casting for racial accuracy is a moot point because water tribe people don’t exist IRL. Cast for the character design. If a spanish girl looks the part let her do it. Half black mix? Native American? Hawaiian? Don’t care, just make her look like Katara.

I didn't even know they were redoing it. Have they cast Asians, now? Because that was a huge controversy the first time round.

I thought that was The Witcher?

Danny should NEVER have been under Jeph Loeb's control. Look what he did.

It's how bryke always intended it, apparently. Only Live action can truly make Avatar live up to it's potential, apparently.

I think bryke claimed they would cast racially accurate actors, whatever that means. But i have doubt it will be any good. Casting a diverse group of asians who are good a martials arts and the right age group while also being good actors might get pretty difficult.

And this amount of greenscreen usage doesn't hype me up either.

Dude 'cast racially accurate actors' is a very straightforward thing

This is Paramount, not cheapass Disney.

Reminder that the Russo Bros wanted to cameo the Defenders in Infinity War, but couldn't sync up their schedules to get them all at the same time.

Next time use a picture related to your post.

kinda hard when avatars races are a mix of real world ones with no clear distinctions. All you can say is that they should be some kind of asian.

Watching Olsen say what she said @ 1:50 makes me doubt that was ever a real possibility.

youtu.be/mytUdk7D4y8

How fucking stupid are they?