Making every major adversary an insecure sook who can be talked out of all their plans is horrible writing...

Making every major adversary an insecure sook who can be talked out of all their plans is horrible writing. You are cultivating a generation of American children who will be fucking raped by the rest of the planet, who does not oblige by this "let's be friends" faggotry.

This shit needs to be pointed out more. It is a major flaw in the show and it won't stop happening.

Attached: fuck you.png (475x487, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ok-sign-not-hate-sign-statement-clarification-adl-a7716556.html
youtu.be/yw-5lYYBh9Q?t=147
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Steven Universe is popular with fat adult women, not children

>You are cultivating a generation of American children who will be fucking raped by the rest of the planet
little late to be complaining about that

This is what happens when you let women make cartoons

We need more cartoon protagonists like this motherfucker

Attached: 1550404637980.png (402x420, 117K)

Most other children's cartoons abide by a simpler "There is good, and there is evil, and the good guys must beat up evil", why complain about the one show that tries to do things differently? Also it's not like that dichotomy is any more realistic, it's not as if there's villains in real life that need to be beat down and defeated

>Most other children's cartoons abide by a simpler "There is good, and there is evil, and the good guys must beat up evil",

Name three. The criteria involves the good guys beating the bad guys into a pulp to save the day. Name three modern cartoons that do this.

Implying children watch cartoons

>basically every show with a bad guy

Attached: 52b819474b5e1aace9a4dcb86bc55d97.jpg (1366x768, 73K)

I didn't mean beat up literally, just "defeat".
>Gravity Falls
>Adventure Time
>Horse Show

This

Attached: 1557067919458.png (302x301, 56K)

Horse show is pretty based when it comes to kicking ass and then seeing if they are ready to talk

Attached: ag ag ag.webm (1280x720, 364K)

Look this guy hates Captain America

Attached: tumblr_nnnrzjTJNV1tkzg1jo1_500.png (500x500, 277K)

Chris Evans is a pretty hateable guy

Do you even watch cartoons? Even fucking Scooby Doo beats up bad guys now.

>This is what happens when you let women make cartoons
this is what makes me think Sugar was born male.
In a woman's world all problems simply fester and there is no development, only lateral drift, but there's a lot of that in steven U too though.
Like lars and the fat chick from the convenience store: he's a jerk, and then he's a jerk and nothing changes but *shrug* oh well.
that strikes me as a legitimately female written character.

The "diplomatic solution" or "people are like bread" stuff sounds more like it was written by a weak man than a woman. A woman would just accept the situation.

She would be infinitely better as a Courage antagonist.
Prove me wrong.

furthermore the whole argument that any show with a bad guy is problematic or fascist is a crap argument.
Its natural for people to come to irreconcilable conflicts, that's like the essence of drama: two people that are both "good" but just happen to be at odds with each other for one of literally a billion reasons.

These thinly veiled personal therapy stories are awful.

I dont know, crying about fascism seems to get you whatever you want nowadays

Are you saying cartoons should be encouraging children to beat up other people who disagree with them?

Are you stupid or just a violent weirdo?

Why do you say that?

it really does go too far. even wild beasts like the watermelon shark become friendly by being kind to it. some little kid's gonna get killed trying to kiss an angry pitbull.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1200, 1.58M)

Guarantee you that season 6 will have a male villain that Steven can't talk down

Attached: dissapointment.png (665x663, 1017K)

He's saying life will eventually throw something at you that can't be reasoned with like a Steven Universe villain. This is especially true of other human beings, where trying to be friendly will simply be seen as a weakness, and summarily taken advantage of by people will less fear of confrontation or general amiability. In fact the amount of people on the planet willing to drop all their shit and cooperate with your idea of "working it out" is so small that it becomes a horrible philosophy to live by, let alone one to teach to children. Even Buddhists know when to stop meditating and kick somebody in the head. I know you're being disingenuous but try exercising that pile of meat in your skull.

Attached: 1550903442288.jpg (638x480, 27K)

One toot from his pipe would shatter every gem.

I think it’s fine. Kids are taught to choose violence to deal with things, there should be at least one show about how most people aren’t psychopaths who need to be put in their place with violence. Maybe it’ll stop a few edgelords from gunning down their school when they feel alienated and instead just try and talk to people like a human being. Or I dunno maybe it’ll cause more school shootings. America’s kinda just a crapshoot at this point

Looks like the honeymoon period is over, it was fun while it lasted

You live in a terrifying world my friend.

This is true, but I believe that most people know this. The hubris/naivete one would need to posess to perpetually presume peaceful methods can solve every human problem would be immense. If anything, the amount of humans that consider this to be true - that humans cannot be reasoned with - is higher than those would consider the SU methodology to be valid. In my experience, more people could benefit from utilizing non-combative conflict resolution SPECIFICALLY in America where both sides of the political spectrum tend to immediately respet to violence.

Ultimately, though, whether or not there are more shows like SU or its inverse it irrelevant. Nobody in the modern age would become less combative because of any given cartoon just as no user here would console a lass like Spinell had a girl like that appeared irl

You live in the same one he does doofus

Yea Forums can’t sit idly by when non violence and gay acceptance is being preached. How can we keep our Yea Forums cred then?

Steven Universe is going to create a lot of sissy little boys that get bullied into becoming school shooters when their whole world view collapses. If anything we need a cartoon that helps those people.

Attached: 1551204616579.png (440x359, 114K)

>a cute moment in a cartoon will lead to a child getting maimed by a pitbull

One, pitbulls are trash anyways. Two, you sound like a fucking mom at a PTA meeting. That "woe is me think of the children" type of nagging. People complain when cartoons are violent, people complain when they're nonviolent. But most conflicts don't result in violence in reality.

You're a genuine retard if you think a children's cartoon is doing more damage than the bullshit school system.

I don’t live in a world of abusers and violence, whatever he’s seeing in society is the cause of mental illness.

teaching children to recognize their feelings as something to be thought about, discussed honestly and dealt with without shame instead of bottling them up and lashing out isn't a bad idea.

most of the villains resort to violence because they cant express their inner worlds properly. this has real world resonance.

and sure, sometimes words and discussion don't work and you have to fight it out, especiallywhen one side is too angry or damaged to want to anything but hurt others, but it's a better message than 'morality is black and white and you should fight/kill the bad guys', which is how most shows go.

and anyway now that the show's characters are maturing the thematic elements of the show, and the conflicts that need to be resolved, can mature with it. criticizing shows aimed at tweens for not being as morally complex as you'd like doesn't jive.

Leave your first world privileged bubble some time, my friend. The world is densely packed with people who will kill you just because they can.

Violence is the refuge of a limited mind, OP.

Please let me know how reasoning with the Taliban goes

Where the fuck do you live and how do you have an internet connection in Somalia??

Yea I forgot the everyday occurrence of the Taliban in a young child’s life

>American inner city
>American southern border
>virtually all of South America

There's 3 and I guarantee at least one is within driving distance of you. People don't talk about their problems here, they just brutalize each other and pick on weak people who try to talk it out. Go outside, faggot.

Thanks bro. I just wanted to write that

it takes a certain level of maturity to act as if everyone's willing to cooperate when you know it isn't the case. The best you can do is brighten the world around you and hope the people you meet understand this.
oh fuck that sounded egotistical NO WAIT FUCK OH N

And you can tell me how combating them with force goes.
Should be easy, since that is what has been happening for the last 20 years.

But that's also a problem that can't be solved by just throwing troops into the region they're in if you get your morals from something like G.I. Joe

>20
If only.

You're right, it has. Bombing them rather than cooperating with terrorists has greatly shrank their numbers and has made much of the Middle East a better place. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Ko, amphibia, gravity falls

>it takes a certain level of maturity to act as if everyone's willing to cooperate when you know it isn't the case.
this is the sort of shit that turns you into sweden

Taliban = fairly complex issue that not even adults seem to have navigated properly; the results of hundreds of years of tortured history, geopolitical manipulations and heaped injustices and cruelties. the conflicts that a 10 year old should be learning to deal with and talk through are emphatically not that.

I mean, Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood did a great job along similar lines, and no one would talk shit about him. (demographic was younger, but it's the same idea)

su is gay as fuck but youre pretty based

>the results of hundreds of years of tortured history, geopolitical manipulations and heaped injustices and cruelties

A lot of words to say "Islam is cancer"

>Making every major adversary an insecure sook who can be talked out of all their plans is horrible writing.

Agreed

>You are cultivating a generation of American children who will be fucking raped by the rest of the planet, who does not oblige by this "let's be friends" faggotry.

And then you had to go off the deep end with the MUH CHILDREN shit.

But Islam has been a thing in that region for the last 800 years or so, so why is it only a shithole relatively recently?

It never had an enlightenment period so it still wants to kill all heretics and live in darkness when everyone else evolved past that

You're assuming children will actually take the moral at face value instead of viewing it as an ideal.

Id qw'ew going to get into it...

Well the region was far more stable under the Ottomans.

It's only once they start to collapse shit falls apart.

The proven way to fix fighting in the ME is to conquer all of it and sit there for a few generations until it stabilizes.

It's no longer under European control.

Because the Qu'ran is insane if you actually sit down and read it. See

>American children who will be fucking raped by the rest of the planet

No, what's legitimately retarded is thinking this is going to make any fucking difference one way or the other. America still has enough nukes to blow the entire planet back past the Permian Era, some fucking cartoon will make exactly zero difference. Even if America did act "nice" to other countries, it will never stop having enough nukes, biological and chemical weapons, and other nasty shit to squash the entire world into paste. Even if we never fucked with anybody. That's one reason people leave countries like China that don't fuck with other countries all the goddamn time alone: because they have fucking nukes. Even though they're "diplomatic" and don't go to war with other countries (genocide and crimes against humanity are for within their own border).

The kids who watch this are much more likely to get into fights with other kids at school and with their own parents, teachers, cops, their co-workers and bosses, etc. than they are to be able to dictate the total nuclear weapons policy of the United States. And in almost all of those cases, violence really is bad. It means expulsion, suspension, not getting into college, juvie, getting fired from their jobs, and eventually, it means prison. This is despite the fact that Steven and the Gems do actually physically and violently fight with people who fuck with them if needed. But for the vast majority of kids, why would you teach them beating up the people around them for the sake of beating people up, turning them into low-life thugs? Even the warfare they'll be a part of will probably involve flying a little drone around remotely with no emotion for the sake of "peace," not beating the crap out of the people around them with their fists for fuck's sake.

Well said

This fallacy ignores the fact that America's arsenal was conceived by a group of people who were prepared to duke it out with Russia, Germany, etc., not people who try to shake hands with their enemies. This is best exemplified with what happened to Japan.

>But Islam has been a thing in that region for the last 800 years or so, so why is it only a shithole relatively recently?
Storytime?

Attached: 1141486104705.jpg (647x896, 149K)

Being fair, all the Abrahamic faiths are.

The real difference is that Judaism got the shit kicked out of them repeatedly when they tried that a bunch back in BCs and eventually gave up after about a bajillion years, and Christianity had time to beat the fuck out of a ton of people as well as time to calm the fuck down after growing huge enough to stop feeling so fucking insecure.

Islam hasn't had as long to do any of those. It's had less time than either of its big brothers, hasn't had the shit kicked out of it as hard as Judaism was, hasn't gotten to conquer as much shit and kill as much shit as Christianity did, etc.

It's pretty clear that monotheism legitimately just needs special circumstances to calm the fuck down. We even see it as early as Persia, they got massive before they chilled out so hard it was like they were sitting in god's roach.

Attached: 1141486137553.jpg (647x896, 140K)

>The kids who watch this are much more likely to get into fights with other kids at school and with their own parents, teachers, cops, their co-workers and bosses, etc. than they are to be able to dictate the total nuclear weapons policy of the United States.

Who is going to inherit those nukes when you (or more accurately, people much smarter than you) aren't around anymore? Do you want a generation of kids who assume the best in everyone like some naive twat, and let all the other non-pussified people of the world sneak in and figure out how to wrestle control of the nukes away from them? Because this is what will happen if you don't provide your kids with the right learning material. Replace "nukes" with "anything that makes America important or valuable in the present day." It's called a healthy sense of paranoia for good reason.

Steven Universe really does teach some horrible fucking morals, the sort of shit you would hear from a single mom desperate to teach but without the capacity or knowledge to do so. I would sooner show my kid Popeye than this pussy tripe. Just look at what it did to you, and you're a grown man.

Attached: 1548105969255.jpg (236x267, 13K)

Attached: 1141486153923.jpg (647x896, 137K)

Never thought of it like that. Yea Forums's faux masculinity is perplexing.

Attached: 1141486170509.jpg (647x896, 141K)

Attached: 1141486188734.jpg (647x896, 131K)

The MAD principle that works so well isn't "shaking hands" OR "duking it out." It's just knowing that now serious shit goes down, everybody dies. Whether that's a good thing or not is up for update unless somebody gets pissed off enough to push the button, I guess, but this has been decided already, in the past, and no Sugar can't time travel. It sure as shit isn't going to change now, and sure as shit not because of some kiddy cartoon.

Something realistic or practical might be a conversation with your kids about self-defense and to consequences. But I hate to tell Yea Forums, a little CN show makes no goddamn difference one way or the other to something like nuclear proliferation, ever. Fucking zero. Arguably something like "The Day After" that was made for and aimed squarely at specific adult politicians like Reagan to delivery a specific and obvious message may have made a difference, though not enough that everybody decided to just give up their nukes. And that took a ton of effort and was deliberate, clear, and targeted as all hell.

Attached: 1141486206221.jpg (647x896, 123K)

Attached: 1141486221554.jpg (647x896, 126K)

>what you show your kids growing up doesnt affect them

It's not even worth arguing with you.

Attached: 1141486241285.jpg (647x896, 147K)

Attached: 1141486258522.jpg (647x896, 138K)

Attached: 1141486381876.jpg (647x896, 148K)

Attached: 1141486495252.jpg (647x896, 139K)

Attached: 1141486515948.jpg (647x896, 163K)

Attached: 1141486542679.jpg (647x896, 171K)

Yea god forbid we can’t have sympathetic villains.

Literally the whole point of Avatar

Attached: 1141486557198.jpg (647x896, 170K)

It is problematic in the truest sense of the word to have a Manichaean worldview though.

Yeah. Look, there have been fairy tales and stories for kids about peace, love, and friendship for thousands of years, and it's done jack shit. MAD persists not because people are violent jackasses who DON'T see the best in people, it's more a mix of status quo inertia and even the most optimistic and loving people not wanting to test it. Really, the idea that anyone is going to be definitely shaped by some cartoon they watched as a toddler is laughable already, but that these people would be dictating our nuclear policy and not consider the risks (as much as they love people and blah blah blah) is just fucking insane to think.

If you really think that your children's cartoon shows are going to usher in the Apocalypse, consider this: the Diamonds have and deploy planet-crushing or mass murdering superweapons, and the Gems and Steven do fight a WAR against them for thousands of years. Eventually, they get lucky because wow, Steven "is" a Diamond, but if that surprise luck hadn't popped out of nowhere, they'd all be fucking dead. And even after the Diamonds stop trying to kill them, the Crystal Gems don't all just give up fighting. They fight an invading enemy violently in this film, and if Spinel hadn't come around, they'd just have bubbled her.

In fact, part of the "moral of the story" that Steven outright says at the end is that they can never let their guard down, because enemies will keep coming and attacking forever and ever. They keep all of their martial capabilities and it's shown this was needed because they needed to use them.

I'm going to guess this is a concern-trolling troll so well done I guess. "Think of the children!"

>Even Buddhists know when to stop meditating and kick somebody in the head.
You goddamn retard. Buddhism don’t advocate for violence against people but all about preventing violence from being created. If anything SU is more in line with Buddhism than your retarded post since Steven is always willing to fight but from a defensive approach with a literal shield.

>Buddhism don’t advocate for violence against people

Read a book

Attached: 1543543528216.jpg (484x700, 58K)

Attached: afuganisutanep148bn.jpg (647x896, 150K)

This depends a lot on the Buddhists. Generally, it'll be in self-defense but there are Buddhists who commit terrorism and murderous hate crimes. Now every group has people like that and you could argue they're not "really" Buddhists but I'll bet to themselves they have some moral justification in the sense of using violence to stop more violence and suffering or something.

Attached: afuganisutanep151qs.jpg (647x896, 134K)

Attached: afuganisutanep165zy.jpg (647x896, 166K)

Attached: afuganisutanep176td.jpg (647x896, 166K)

Attached: afuganisutanep180ed.jpg (647x896, 157K)

>the Gems and Steven do fight a WAR against them for thousands of years
Imagine preaching the merits of Steven Universe but getting basic facts about it wrong

Attached: afuganisutanep190go.jpg (647x896, 146K)

Attached: afuganisutanep207qz.jpg (647x896, 145K)

>why complain about the one show that tries to do things differently?
Cause it doesn't actually land the message all that well. Steven relies on convenience to get him through situations, stuff just sort of warps to work in his favour to the point where fans theorise he even has level 100 speech as a power. He'll gain new abilities, turn out to be even more important and just plain lucks out to get his way. It often just comes off as Steven cries at a brick wall until they fall into a situation where the opponent feels obliged to agree. The show doesn't really have anything interesting to say about friendship vs fighting, the first is just objectively better and you should just not be put into a situation where you can't get it.

You know what? Broken people are the fucking worst. They don't turn around just from being nice to them, a bad past doesn't mean they can turn good again if a fat Jewish boy cries at you. SU actually straddled this line well early on, it got that the CG were a bit messed up in there own way and that could cause issues. But as new more messed up characters came in and all their arcs dragged on it just sort of flattens to an eh long as they ain't causing too many issues. That's why I liked Jasper's corruption, Steven tries his normal act and instead she goes no fuck you my entire life was ruined because of you WAIT YOU DON'T EVEN REMEMBER?

Attached: afuganisutanep229db.jpg (647x896, 151K)

user the samurai were majority buddhist. Buddhism advocates nonviolence at times but mainly because it's hard to reach Nirvana in one of the hells and violence for one's own sake tends to get bad karma in their view.

But diehard buddhism also is of the opinion that if you give precisely zero fucks about violence and slaughter you're one step closer to Nirvana and enlightenment. You could make the Holocaust AND the Holodomor look like slapfights and so long as you did it without a single selfish thought and with full understanding and dismissal Buddhism doesn't give a *fuck* technically.

Buddhism has plenty of flaws that allow it to be made into a murderous cult. The core concept is that desire is the root of all evil and suffering. Pretty easy on paper to turn that into a genocide and/or brainwashing program.

Now things get interesting.

Attached: afuganisutanep23fn.jpg (647x896, 151K)

Attached: afuganisutanep24a7ur.jpg (647x896, 170K)

Attached: afuganisutanep24b6tu.jpg (647x896, 173K)

Attached: afuganisutanep26a2fb.jpg (647x896, 141K)

>Steven's plans are stupid and dont oblige basic logic
>so the writers hand him plot armor and convenient shit to ensure he can win somehow

This is the problem. Steven Universe teaches kids to be nice and give everyone a chance, but even characters in the show don't fall for that (because even the writers realize it would be boring), so instead Steven tries that but then inherits some total bullshit that forces them to cooperate with him. "Just be nice to everybody until you get lucky at the last second." What a horrible cartoon.

Attached: 1558478421845.jpg (858x472, 113K)

Attached: afuganisutanep26b9at.jpg (600x1168, 181K)

Attached: afuganisutanep251lg.jpg (647x896, 129K)

you havent resolved any problems by beating someone up

Exception that proves the rule, especially when the divergences of Japanese Buddhism with its origins

Sure but the main point I am making is Buddhism always advocate to reduce violence in the world and only uses it if it serves that purpose.

Thank you for storytime, user.

Okay, asswipe, War Part I that took place for a thousand years and then more fighting thousands of years later. How does arguing whether those conflicts are a single war or separate conflicts make any difference in this debate?

>This is the problem. Steven Universe teaches kids to be nice and give everyone a chance, but even characters in the show don't fall for that (because even the writers realize it would be boring), so instead Steven tries that but then inherits some total bullshit that forces them to cooperate with him. "Just be nice to everybody until you get lucky at the last second."

Jesus fuck, dude, by that logic, it's irresponsible to show kids shows about superheroes or superhumans or wizards. "Just fight everybody until you get lucky because you have fucking superpowers/magic when in real life, an invading alien force with laser guns would beat your weak regular human ass into the ground!"

Yeah, why didnt we just write a peace treatise with the nazis and let them keep France and Poland? Then maybe we could have talked Japan's sun god out of his conquest of Asia.

holy shit user fought in WW2

>Eventually, they get lucky because wow, Steven "is" a Diamond, but if that surprise luck hadn't popped out of nowhere
Why do critics of SU brush off important plot devices so easily to make their shit point? The rebellion would never have gotten so far without someone powerful enough to pull the strings

Sugar is non-binary you idiot

Your IQ is fucking tiny my friend. Steven and the gems have their abilities, the enemies have their own. It's okay to go and find some means of beating the enemy if they outgun you and earning these things are a great way to keep a story moving. The problem is Steven doesn't go on any quests to get this shit. He usually just digs deep inside his own ass and pulls something his mom could do, as if his mother were literally appearing to win all his battles for him. Then he talks his way out of the problem anyway, circling back around to all the issues we've discussed and you have summarily ignored.

Actually going by scripture it's actually possible to become a Buddha purely through violence and guide others to Nirvana via such. Enlightenment can come from weird fucking places. It's even possible to become a Bodhisattva though sex theoretically.

OK KO has its main villains literally get what they want, including marriage.

Amphibia's main villains also seem to be heading towards redemption.

No, Sugar is a biological woman. She is not a frog, a snail or a bed of algae. We can infer this from her chromosomes, genitals and bone structure.

Attached: 1552810272609.png (1280x720, 714K)

Thanks for the storytime. If it makes her feel any better, countries that mess with her imploded under the effort it took to subjugate her

Fascism still exist around the world so yea the problem isn’t solved

Where?

That... is one way to look at scripture I suppose

Are you seriously asking on Yea Forums where are the fascists?

>He usually just digs deep inside his own ass and pulls something his mom could do

Look man, I have issues with that, too. But let's face it: superhero and magical girl fantasy shows do that shit all the fucking time. It's common as hell for some new power to get "unlocked" or discovered. Now some of these heroes do have to practice their powers or some traumatic event triggers them to come out, but really, that happens with Steven, too. They do show him trying to practice and fucking up his powers, and his powers do seem to grow when he goes through shit. It's the same as most superhero or magic shit.

For that matter, so is the "trying to talk it out" part. Nearly all good guys are at least open to a peaceful solution and try to avoid killing, the other are anti-heroes. Even an "edgy" hero like Batman usually is supposed to have a "rule" not to kill, even when he really should kill. Meanwhile a "good guy" on Steven Universe, Bismuth, is willing to kill. Your complaints fit most superhero stories especially for little kids, where often even the bad guys don't kill or do anything really bad.

Honestly if you're problem is Pacifism, Wander Over Yonder is a much better target, because it really does try to stand by that ideology. Steven and the Gems usually attack first, sometimes when they shouldn't, and then either poof their enemies into a nonexistent statis void (however supposedly temporary) and if they can, they talk. There's a happy and optimistic ending, but how can you blame a children's cartoon for having a mostly happy ending and not a gritty grimdark ending to soothe your edgy soul? It is a show for little kids.

Looking it over it kinda checks out. To reach enlightenment you need detachment as well as understanding. Historically, sex and violence have often both been seen as having the potential for people to achieve a kind of zen oneness with the universe via them in various superstitions and religions, as well as being very personal things.

So, learning to achieve utter detachment when committing carnal or violent acts and through them understanding of the universe *would* be a feat worthy of a Buddha, as would sticking around to teach others this.

People who unironically defend the no violent path with the ultimate idea that no matter what some asshole will not try and stomp your shit in living in a bubble and ripe to be taken advantage of. No one is saying you have to be a violent thug but you should be able to physically defend yourself.

Yeah. Where?

You've admitted I'm right several times now but keep trying to weasel out excuses for this show's blind reliance on pussy tropes.

>No one is saying you have to be a violent thug but you should be able to physically defend yourself.
Wow it is almost as if Steven’s weapon mirrors that idea...

All the teachings are so different. But some kinds of Buddhism could be seen as kind of sociopathic I guess, since there's a goal of a kind of detachment and just seeing things as temporary and in some sense "empty," though that's oversimplifying it. Also, if the worst happens and you go to Hell, it's temporary (even if it's trillions of years long) and does you a "service" by burning off bad karma at least. Also, everywhere is kind of "Hell" in Buddhism, even the Heavenly dimensions, which are worse than Earth because you can't be enlighted that go around. You have to wait until you die over and over again and eventually return to Earth.

It's honestly astonishing how quickly I've seen you faggots spout soccermom tier takes when it comes to shows like this. Nigger kids likely are just gonna see it as an ideal I heavily doubt kids will kill themselves by negligence just because they saw a shitty kids show.

Attached: 1563243764873.png (500x766, 401K)

>So, learning to achieve utter detachment when committing carnal or violent acts and through them understanding of the universe *would* be a feat worthy of a Buddha, as would sticking around to teach others this.
That is more of a test of your detachment than enhancing it. Nor does it absolve the amount of suffering caused by such an action.

>Steven’s weapon mirrors that idea
What fucking weapon? His belly button gem? I don't watch this show because he is a fucking cry baby. Explain to me how he defends himself.

>But let's face it: superhero and magical girl fantasy shows do that shit all the fucking time.
But that is seen as bad writing in any show. Lots of shows do it? Lots of shows are poorly written, what an awful point to make. The least a show can try and do is have a stronger thematic weight to whatever new ability is learned. But SU rarely attempts much, just be special and you can convince people. You'll turn out to be someone more important.

>For that matter, so is the "trying to talk it out" part. Nearly all good guys are at least open to a peaceful solution and try to avoid killing
While also recognising it is very often not an option. The fact that it is not and the heroes have to try even harder for it to ever work is what makes something like that land. For SU it has pretty much become the default, if Steven likes you he will somehow eventually convince you whether he needs to luck out and have the right power to do it or a series of coincidences fall into place. If Superman randomly got the power of crying turns people nice and cried on Lex I doubt anyone would be happy about it. If then every story after he just cried on people till they were good I doubt that would be liked much either.

>soccermom tier takes
You mean "talk-no-jitsu"?

Do people really not think cartoons can directly influence how a kid conducts themselves? Granted I think they will only need to eat dirt once before they learn "some bullies can't be talked to" but come the fuck on.

Attached: 1541927900397.jpg (379x374, 13K)

Granted this does rely on agreeing with the Buddhist assumption that Nirvana is a place you'd actually want to go.

Which always seemed like a Fallacy to me. I mean, if the material world is where people laugh, love, suffer, and die, and there's a great big void of nothing out there, then this is literally the only place that matters. And logically the potential for happiness is inherently superior to a slim chance of nothing.

>You are cultivating a generation of American children who will be fucking raped by the rest of the planet, who does not oblige by this "let's be friends" faggotry.
You know Steven Universe airs in countries other than America, right? And that America's been deep in the business of acclimating the rest of the world to its culture through media, political interference and globalization efforts, correct?

The thing about achieving Nirvana is it makes for an amazing life with the bonus of an amazing death.

No, he means "won't somebody please think of the children?!"

I know (you)re just shitposting for attention but I'll sling a pitty nibble your way
>Projects multiple shields ranging from bucklers, to fuck-huge centurion shields
>can create a nigh-impenetrable bubble around himself and others
>can augment said bubble with spike-like protrusions for additional deterance
>can also violently disperse that energy into a radial shockwave that disarms and staggers everything within the range he sees fit

Er Steven has powers out of the ass. Obviously the shield, but especially as his fusions, he has tons of offensive capabilities, too. And he uses them frequently.

>pussy tropes

I don't know what the fuck that is. You said it was kind of shit that Steven magically has magical superpowers, I agreed. That's a problem with more genre fiction than it isn't. But it's fun, for little kids, and most mainstream genre stories have position protagonists who want peace and friendship. That's why the term anti-hero needed to be invented for characters who are trigger-happy. Characters like The Punisher aren't family-friendly, which is why Disney isn't planning a G-rated animated film about a comics-accurate Punisher who guns down drug dealers. I mean Jesus fuck.

Like I said: criticize Wander Over Yander if you want a pacifist cartoon to hate. SU is standard shit. Superfriends didn't have the Wonder Twins murdering enemies left and right, either. What era had tv cartoon shows for little kids about gun-wielding warmongers? At least as ALL of the cartoons for little kids.

>talking about shows you don’t watch
The absolute state of anti-SU fags

Is he afraid his enemies are going to sue him? Why are all of his magic tools so fucking gay? At this point he should just buy a gun.

Attached: 1555638385631.gif (310x175, 1.65M)

All those things are suffering or "grasping" and some sense of the Void (though not precisely that) is the "Truth" of what everything is with the "grasping" world a lie. That's why Nirvana, "not existing, Void, emptiness" (though not precisely) is preferable and the goal, it is True.

What makes you think that isn't (((Rebecca Sugar)))'s plan?

As a sociopath myself, I have to say Buddhism is actually vaguely horrifying. It's the anti-thesis of everything I've worked for in life. I've tried quite hard to learn to "Fake it till you make it" as it were,to fill nothing with something.

People tend to associate Sociopathy with a self-centered murder robot, but a large part of that is the fact that only very basic, deep rooted emotional stimuli are available to most who fall under that classification. IE Fear, Lust, Anger, etc. So a lot of your positive moments are defined by absence of these or very minute amounts of them in a mixture, like your lizard brain is trying to make up for the fact that there's metaphorical software that just isn't there.

The result is that, for the majority of your life, possibly forever, you don't get happy, or anything like that. You get "not Angry/Sad/Afraid" and the like.

That existential nothingness being the only thing you can look forward to is often enough to drive people over the edge, and the brain desperately trying to find ways to force "regular" stimuli to fire off emotional responses via abusing other defects and quirks in the metaphorical software and hardware, or just trying to fill the void with whatever stimulus feels best, or at least "the least worst", is likely where we get Serial Killers, Rapists, general Psychopaths, and CEOs and Politicians.

That seems a very weak and arbitrary argument. It's not "The Bible was in no way edited along the way to scrub out the polytheism in the OT" bad but seriously.

There's also his non-weapon based powers.
Like his power to enter people's dreams and now even possess the body of someone who is asleep.

Or his healing power, up to and including reviving the dead (and imparting his immortality and some other powers onto them in the process).

Weird that Steven did both of those things to the same character now that I think about it. What is it with him and Lars?

Well, it's all a matter of perspective, I guess. Some might argue that it's even easier for sociopaths to reach enlightenment.

A part of Buddhism, and probably the part the West likes the most, is just realizing the flaws and limitations of the brain. A brain is a temporary bundle of chemicals and such matter, it seeks stimulation. Why? Only because of genetics and environment forces that create those feels via chemicals, change the chemicals and feelings are extinguished or new ones created, they are just temporary phenomena.

Embrace the calm of this "void" or "empty nothingness" and time and just be, simply be. Without judgment or need or want. This is meditation. The goal is constant practice at meditation until self-discipline and self-mastery are achieved. Let everything wash over you, just calmly watch, even horrible pain, even being burned alive. Don't want to exist, don't want to not exist either, don't want. Murder and rape are pointless things, even if they make you happy, they are temporary and lead to "grasping" and loss.

In today's thread Yea Forums discusses the effects of cartoons on children's minds, the history of Afganistan in waifu manga format, pacifism and its limitations, and also the nature of Nirvana which apparently scares sociopaths.

God fucking dammit I love you goddamn autists.

I think it's a matter of subjectivity, and some Buddhist thinkers even dissect and deconstruct Buddhism itself and embrace more uncertainty, or that only self-knowledge is possible. Really, many religions have vastly different sects and denominations and lines of belief, and this is even truer when there's not "just one book." But for those who are helped by mindfulness or meditation, good for them.

These were so cute, and I learned, too. I wish history books were like this.
Thank you for the dump, user.

>Horse show
>petrification of a child, a woman and an old man
Pretty hardcore

Bill's still my favorite, he went out like a little bitch. I don't even remeber if they actually killed glorb in AT or what

Which, as I said, is quite horrifying. And I'm quite aware that by Buddhist standards I could quite likely achieve enlightenment.

But to put it simply, and for whatever it's worth from a man who is wired to be 50% an unfeeling machine running on logic and 50% a lizard afraid of the dark, pain, and hunger, maybe the reason we don't embrace the void is because nothing will always be inferior to something.

It's better in my mind to die a thousand deaths and burn in a thousand hells trying to be a man than to waste one's existence for literally nothing.

That’s the idea.

SU is illuminati Revelation of the Method 4 kids.

Agreeing with the idea behind what you are saying, if not the exact words.
Nothingness is worse than something, at the very least you can react to it or accept it if not strive for something better, for yourself or for others.

you sound like fucking Mr Enter or a "concerned christian soccer mom" when you bring shit like this up

Attached: 362177.jpg (640x480, 62K)

>Nothingness is worse than something
This is a fair enough opinion, but a matter of perspective and some sort of attachment. Some would argue that Nirvana isn't exactly "nothing" either, but something that sentient beings wouldn't recognize as "something," or perhaps instead that everything is actually already "Nothing" with parts of this "Nothing" having an illusion or delusion that it is "something" and this is just temporary madness. But it depends on the teachings, the teacher, the interpretations, so many things.
If you're the kind of person who freaks out at ego-death (real, total ego-death) then some schools of thought, or just some of their interpretations, in Buddhism may not be for you, at least as a positive thing or comfort.

Read some history. The natural state of humanity is tribes in constant genocidal war, and we've only managed to do better than that by doing specific things right. Losing the cultural technology that underlies peaceful, advanced civilizations quickly returns things to barbarity. Part of that cultural technology is how to deal with people who aren't interested in getting along.

Well yes, a lot of children in that part of the world have to deal with that sort of thing.

>The natural state of humanity is tribes in constant genocidal war
Pressing X to doubt

>it takes a certain level of maturity to act as if everyone's willing to cooperate when you know it isn't the case
That's now how it works. How it works is functional civilizations build advanced technology and military force multipliers, then hold a gun to the heads of people who don't want to get along while offering them mutually beneficial deals, incentivizing them to good behavior that they would otherwise not be inclined to.

Ok you're retarded.

Attached: Shaolin monk.jpg (600x532, 81K)

We've been running a society based on severe punishment and revenge-taking in response to wrongdoing and I don't know if you've noticed this, but it's not really getting any better. People who are punished largely re-offend. If you "just kill them, that way they can't re-offend," you drive their families and friends to take vengeance as we see in the middle east- unless you become a china-tier police state, which is IMO, worse than having a crime problem.

I think cultivating a society in which we try to understand why bad people do the things they do and honestly encourage them to improve rather than ostracizing them to the point where their options are
>kill self
>stop giving a fuck and just revel in being a shitty person

Might be something worth trying.

Primitive hunter-gatherer tribes typically live in constant conflict with neighboring tribes. In terms of percentages of the populations killed in such conflicts, they dwarf all modern wars, including WWII.

where my fella black QVEENS at?

Attached: 1555864495954.jpg (680x680, 44K)

Conflict is not the same as genocidal war.

i interpreted that as "you're cultivating children around the world to be american"
that is the real threat i say

Attached: woefYg0.jpg (600x721, 424K)

Yup.
>Primitive tribes who fight against each other are the highest population percentage killed during such fighting
That seems to follow in a way.

It is when the goal of the conflicts is to kill neighboring tribespeople and take control of their territory/resources. Do you seriously not know how people did things for nearly all of human existence?

>The natural state of humanity is tribes in constant genocidal war
If we're actually going by the archaeological record, evidence of warfare as you describe it is very recent in H. Sapiens history, and violence before that seems to have been more interpersonal (I mean, you're still more likely to be murdered by a friend or family member than most people). If I'm remembering right, the Nataruk Site is the very first (oldest) evidence of warfare as you're describing it, and that's only 10,000 years ago. H. Sapiens are 200,000 years old, at least, and human-like hominids go back millions of years. This would make warfare practically a brand-new invention on that timescale. Not because everyone was just so good back then, but because there was no point. There were very few humans, tons of plentiful resources, and no property or fixed territories, not even the ones hunter-gatherers have had to form in the last few tens of thousands of years due to increased population density.

>take control of their territory/resources. Do you seriously not know how people did things for nearly all of human existence

H. Sapiens hasn't had territory or resources for most of its existence. It also hasn't had tribes. Mostly we lived in very tight-knit small kin groups, family groups. Neighboring groups like had cousins among them and you relied on them to find a mate. Everyone in the kind group had to cooperate and trust very closely to survive. Attacking your cousin's family might get some of you killed (even a scratch of an injury would be a death sentence), and since your cousin and his family have no resources and no territory, what do you gain for the risk? Your group is too small to keep slaves, also since everything is shared equally in a small band society, there's no net gain, just more mouths to feed. Meanwhile, if your other cousin groups ever find out about it now they're pissed at you and won't share knowledge or swap mates anymore. Brilliant job, genius.

That isn’t the cause of any tribe, human or mammals

Oh yea I don’t doubt the war just the genocidal part

It depends on what you mean by "war" but mostly it just doesn't seem that behavior that would have been rewarded in that environment. There was nothing to steal. Humans, unlike animals, are intelligent. If resource problems happened, they could just migrate (probably why humans covered the entire globe). Humans could also communicate so if someone started killing people or groups, word would get around. You're making enemies for no reason. The DNA evidence is against early hominids that humans descended from having any harems, actually, so women wouldn't be a "resource" either. "War" is just really dumb in the earliest environment, the downsides are as bad as they can possibly be (your whole group getting wiped out) and there are zero benefits. That came much later. Now getting pissed off at your brother and bashing his skull in I think happened a lot, I mean constantly. But that's murder, not warfare. It's also a bad move, but bursts of anger aren't purposeful and planned like warfare is.

>There were very few humans
And very low carrying capacity due to the hunter-gather lifestyle. Hunter-gatherers often live close to the local carrying capacity, meaning that control of territory and resources actually mattered. Because they determined whose children got to live.

>This would make warfare practically a brand-new invention on that timescale
Chimps do it, and we diverged about seven million years ago.

>Everyone in the kind group had to cooperate and trust very closely to survive.
You're describing a tribe, user. Different tribes are groups of people who are not closely related. They are genetic out-groups, and as such, competition is a more successful evolutionary strategy than cooperation.

>H. Sapiens hasn't had territory or resources for most of its existence.
Nearly every animal holds territory against competitors to secure important resources. Insects do it. Birds do it. Apes do it. Humans do it in all times and places.

>There was nothing to steal
Hunting/foraging grounds, locations with fresh water and useful plants, flint mines, etc.

>Humans, unlike animals, are intelligent
There are degrees of intelligence. And intelligence doesn't negate the necessity of resource management.

>If resource problems happened, they could just migrate
They would first have to kill the humans already living there.

>The DNA evidence is against early hominids that humans descended from having any harems
Modern humans have twice as many female ancestors as male ancestors. In hunter-gather societies, men mostly die to violence from men of neighboring tribes, which leaves multiple women per surviving man.

>"War" is just really dumb in the earliest environment, the downsides are as bad as they can possibly be (your whole group getting wiped out) and there are zero benefits
But war isn't something that you can just avoid by not starting one. If the neighboring tribe wipes out your tribe and takes over your territory and resources, they've just profited from warfare.

Chimps today, who are more boxed in than chimps in the past, do it. Meanwhile bonobos, who we're equally closely related to, don't. So who knows? I'm just saying there's no evidence of it before 10,000 years ago (when there's evidence of a massacre, which from then on we start to find very frequently). Chimps also aren't very smart and aren't capable of either coming up with better solutions or communicating about chimps who cause problems so other chimps can band together to take them out.

Hunter-gatherers today, and for all of recorded history, aren't like prehistorical hunter-gatherers. They (before any recorded history, early stone age) had the option to move off in a different direction if resources were a problem.

Humans are far better at exploiting their environment for resources than any other animal. You really can't compare.

No, tribes are different. I'm talking about "band" societies. Band societies are smaller and egalitarian. Tribes are much larger and have some kind of hierarchy. The record suggests tribes are much newer.

In the extremely low-density past, small band groups wandered widely and wouldn't have the means or the incentive to hold and secure territory. That came later on. They'd more likely follow the animals they hunted to a new area or find one on their own with more resources instead of antagonizing the related groups in the area they shared information and mates with (gathering places of local small band groups predate H. Sapiens). Why do that instead of wandering in a slightly different direction? You should admire what happened instead: global exploration and humans reaching new continents and stretching towards the Poles and across the seas. That is amazing.

And when I literally pitch a fucking cartoon that has this in mind (You need to stand up to your problems, instead of running away or trying to talk them down), you guys say it's to edgy.

Attached: Huh.png (839x1319, 94K)

>They would first have to kill the humans already living there.

But at first, there weren't any. The world was largely empty.

Wide-ranging small groups can't hold territory because they only visit places briefly and seasonally. They don't stay in one place for very long. You can't defend that. Meanwhile at first, because humans could and did eat everything and anything, the kind of shortages you're talking about weren't very common. More likely a widespread shortage that made every group as far as they could see suffer together. Even then, you see evidence of cannibalism is desperate times when everyone is starving, but not war. There's no evidence anyone was taking anyone's "territory" that early on. More likely people just drifted apart to avoid costly conflict, since a skirmish was so costly.

>Modern humans have twice as many female ancestors as male ancestors.
We don't really know why that is, but one boring explanation is that one guy in the group might tend to sleep around with all the women, that hunting was more dangerous than foraging, and so on. Humans living today are also greatly impacted by the past 10,000 years, when what you're describing definitely happened. What we have no evidence of is that particular kind of violence happening earlier.

Basically, tiny bands that were constantly on the move, as were the animals they hunted, probably had nothing to gain from warfare since they couldn't hold territory or resources. But in a time when any injury was very dangerous and you needed to get along with your neighbors to find a mate and reproduce, you had everything to lose. Meanwhile, at first, a tiny number of people could and did ravage the whole ecosystem taking all the resources for themselves, and barring widespread catastrophes, that was probably more than enough for a long while. Eventually, that changed.

>helps those people
what do you mean? anyone with arms can use a rifle

Attached: a9m2jig78eu21.jpg (720x753, 71K)

He went full sjw anti america now, I love cap but I hate evans.

That's true though

>it takes a certain level of maturity to act as if everyone's willing to cooperate when you know it isn't the case.
No, it makes you an idiot who is easily taken advantage of. All of the scammers, salesmen, con artists, and frauds of the world are also exercising some level of maturity, but they're doing so knowing that you're too spineless and worried about being 'immature' to stand up to them.
This attitude that working together is always the solution to real life is how people get their credit card numbers stolen. At some point the smartest thing to do is to tell someone to fuck off, not try to be the 'mature' one.

Because your idea is immature, "ow the edge" BS that no one can bring themselves to care about after too long, once they see that's all there is to it.

Please stop asking us to feel sorry for you and your idea no one cares about - and that you don't care about enough to make it actually stand out.

You probably didn't even go to school or make the connections necessary to get into this field, did you? If so, you definitely got a lot to learn. You're not doing that wasting time looking for asspats here, either.

Thanks for pointing out in an actual way why Steven Universe is overrated BS. Damn shame, because you're right about some things here (besides that movie being rather lame & crappy)... Too bad we're on Yea Forums.

You're an idiot. I don't even like SU that much (especially this movie) and all I can say is you're an idiot. Have fun deflecting that truth, OK?

From .

The funny thing about this controversy is Steven Universe is by far the most frequently violent kids show airing right now. Even the chill episodes frequently end with a fight that ends with one of the main characters bisecting someone/something. In fact, I remember some parents complaining about that back in 2014.

People are just mad now because since the villains are no longer nameless monsters that can be the chopped to bits without mercy, they end up talking to them after the fights. Because people like to be upset about anything. Too violent? Think of the kids!! Not violent enough? THINK OF THE KIDS!!!

>jew makes a show where they teach white people they need to stop fighting and talk.
>Jew then tells everyone else they need to fight and ask questions later

Gee mom

I wonder how this situation would play out if the answer wasn't always "compromising worked!"
Like what if one day some out in the wastelands of space fuck shows up with a murder boner for the gems or specifically the diamonds because his eternal life partner was killed because of them, a real living consequence of the thousands of years of horror they're responsible shows up at their door step with an insatiable burning fire for vengeance. How do you deal with that? I wish threats would actually be threats. That's the difference I hate between this show and other well written shows, is the astute lack of consequence.

Captain America was always principled over country though

But then you are basically asking the show to defy its own theme of compromise. Hell Spinel somewhat fits your hypothetical and Steven did reconcile and deal with his mother’s action.

I said the same shit about Neon Genesis and look at where we are now
Steven is sensitive but at least he's not a beta who can't act

But mind you, all of Steven's villains are women who have baggage with his mother, he's not fighting people who actually have anything against him or his friends

Yea Forumsnon here.

Good to see some other oldfag who still remembers NGE was shit.

Gonna go back to lurking, Yea Forumsmrades. Hold tight. You'll get through the storm of Bauhaus shit eventually. I thought the endless tide of garbage would never stop as well, but then we finally started getting Yea Forums content that wasn't terrible again after 11 bajillion years.

Stay strong, Yea Forumsmrades. Stay strong.

Respect the Constitution, bitch. Free speech is still a thing no matter how much “worry about the children”.

>cartoon is bad because it doesn't promote a black and white worldview
Thanks for your opinion, Adolph.

Attached: nazi computer.jpg (988x688, 234K)

Or maybe they learn by their mistakes and get cool robot arms.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 85K)

>a cartoon is going to get children mauled by animals

Attached: 100 words for snow, but none for this level of stupidity.jpg (480x360, 40K)

user...

Attached: Ashin Wirathu.jpg (735x490, 58K)

You're wrong, lol

This whole "think of the children" shit is dumb because children don't watch SU. Almost the entire audience is 18-35yos

Incredibly stupid post, the United States is not Norway. "Rehabilitation" of criminals at this point is not going to work because a majority of criminals belong to a specific group who commit crimes globally anyway, and most enjoy committing crime because it gets them better connections with their peers. Prison for many is just an advanced state of welfare.

Except not really. The problems presented in the show aren't actual problems. The shows universe painstakingly retains a status quo, pink didn't actually die, she just changed into a less retarded amnesiac penis having version of herself. Everyone gets reformed for the better, all the corrupted gems get fixed, spinel gets a convenient new family, the cluster is happy being a giant freak orgy ball, where's the consequences?! The movie and the show as a whole is missing something integral to any show and that's stakes. The lack of stakes kills this show so badly, I don't believe Steven could possibly have a true appreciation for life and because of it all his talk about the importance of treating people equally and valuing life even at it's most basic level feels more selfish and ego inflating, like he does it for that feel good "savior of mankind" feeling rather than out of genuine belief. How can he if he could literally just bring things back to life ? There needs to be a permanent and real threat to give that value context otherwise it loses all meaning.

autism

This. I like Yea Forums because it's one of the few boards conversations can go literally anywhere instead of the usual circlejerking, "something something trannies kys", etc.
I've done my fair share of bitching and shit-stirring out of boredom, but this is a good board

Yea Forums does still have a bit of spirit in it. There's a reason I've been hiding here ever since Yea Forums went to shit like a decade ago.

Yeah I ain't reading that.

>where's the consequences?!
Consequences can be from good things you know.

>There needs to be a permanent and real threat to give that value context otherwise it loses all meaning.
But that's the thing, you don't have these threats to exist to have meaning. You people are asking for some great form of evil to exist and struggle against when the whole point of the show is not have said evil around but flawed individuals making mistakes.

not adolph. not even adolph hitler. just people who grew up watching cartoons. degenerates like them should be shot. SU is based tho

Attached: 1566532105068.jpg (960x720, 178K)

>You people are asking for some great form of evil to exist and struggle against when the whole point of the show is not have said evil around but flawed individuals making mistakes.

Attached: 1559193591031.jpg (496x529, 42K)

If you can only see Hitler as some great evil instead of a symptom of post WW1-reparations against Germany, antisemitism, the backstab myth poor economy, reaction against the rising tide of socialism and the collapsing social order than you are a goddamn brainlet who thinks traveling back in time to kill Hilter will stop the Nazi Phatom Menace style.

Thats the point of the post user

Hitler was just a "flawed individual making mistakes" but we still killed the shit out of him and several million Germans, many of whom were just protecting their homeland or families. Your advocacy for sparing people because they are flawed is bogus and hasn't been a staple of western society for nearly 100 years.

Attached: 1541200665466.jpg (720x892, 41K)

But that's the thing, there is only right or wrong in the show. Duh killing is usually bad, duh you shouldn't force people to do what they don't want, duh the ideal outcome is compromise that works for everyone but the show never challenges it's own beliefs and instead just constantly comes up with problems the can be solved by and thus reaffirm those beliefs. That's why I want something that cannot posssibly be solved by the exact same fucking answer every single time. I'm not asking for a big bad evil guy to come and be unapologetically Hitler Satan 2000, I'm asking for variety. Sick of every villain just being misunderstood or lonely and lashing out, I want CHANGE. Even the fucking gems don't even change, they just all universally switch from following one societal belief system to another. The nucrystal gems went from being individuals with personal motivations and beliefs to being "Steven quirky rock lesbian friend number green/blue/purple". I genuinely laughed when peridot was worried about being robbed of her character development. She was MORE of a character before getting universed.

>Your advocacy for sparing people because they are flawed
I never said you should spare people, my whole point is that a worldview need not have some evil antithesis to vindicate itself. Your good vs evil worldview is ultimately a toxic one forcing a show with a good vs bad/flawed to adopt yours is asking too much at best.

Hell ultimately violence didn't solve this problem since fascism and its advocates are still all around the world.

>Male villain of season 6 can't be talked down

WELL I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY MR UNIVERSE

THANKS TO YOUR GAY LITTLE SONG, THE WHOLE PLANET IS DESTROYED

Attached: NICE JOB STEVEN.jpg (1200x675, 95K)

Hey buddy, I think you've got the wrong country

the white ethnostate's three blocks down

Attached: 1567667306518.jpg (869x1200, 442K)

>the show never challenges it's own beliefs and instead just constantly comes up with problems the can be solved by and thus reaffirm those beliefs.
That is just par for the course in any show. Do you want SU to deconstruct itself? Hell how would SU go about challenging its own beliefs?

>Even the fucking gems don't even change, they just all universally switch from following one societal belief system to another.
And how isn't that change? I mean I do want better writing for the secondary characters but this is fucking retarded.

It's a children's show. You're not the target audience.

Look out, we got a quixotic retard who teleported in from 1950 but is simultaneously gay or some stupid shit

Attached: 1564900086369.gif (320x180, 348K)

there is no such thing as backandwhite or flawedpeopledoingbadthings worldview. all worldviews have their own flaws that makes them be what they are. it seems youlot are watching too much cartoons

Attached: 1566600491963.jpg (1009x720, 67K)

The problem, literally, is that the show is exclusively about women and women's issues. even Steven is basically a female boy. I've never seen a womanlier cartoon in my life.

People who complain about Steven talking down every villain with some "think of the children" shit are on the same level as idiot PTA parents back in the day who screamed for violent animated tv shows to stop airing cause they're "messing with our children's mind." I'm just saying if you allow your child to actually 100 percent follow the mantra of a show instead of talking to them yourself and showing them how shit is through your own eyes, that is your own goddamn fault. The show has nothing to do with your bad parenting. I don't even like Steven Universe but y'all are always acting like this, like chill the fuck out

Attached: 1567881592016.jpg (200x202, 6K)

What do you mean by "women's issues", please give some examples of these issues that are exclusive to women.

Yes that's what makes a narrative stronger, when you challenge that narrative in meaningful ways that force the viewer to sincerely think and reflect and agree or disagree on those challenges.
Let's take a simple idea. Killing, the act of intentionally ceasing a living beings biological function. Steven universe as a whole states "Killing (in the context of killing sentient intelligent life) is bad". It's not a statement many would challenge, because generally yea it's a big deal to kill something. It does this with all it's moral messages. A good show doesn't make statements, it asks questions, at least a show that tries to be more than mindless entertainment, which SU is very clearly trying to do. A better message for killing would be "Is there ever a reason to kill?"

Only autists get that invested on a cartoon and then blames it for their bad choices. Also there's always mom and dad to tell kids they just watching a romanticized version of the real world but then again

>Leave your first world privileged bubble some time, my friend.
Why?

>solve everything with talk
>talk about feelings constantly
>hugs, tears, hugs, tears, hugs, tears
>never be assertive or take charge
>a vast majority of the cast is female
>extremely obvious lack of structure
>a lot of the writing and dialogue comes off as weird post-modernist tumblr speak

The show is about "woman issues" in the sense that Swedish people are perceived as talking in a very feminine way.

I mean the nature and attitude towards the issues are very womanly. Everything is reducible to a relational emotional issue and resolved as such. There are no real convictions, there isn't a brute conflict. It's a bunch of sisters and their effeminate friends working things out with each other, and it leads to a hilarious disparity sometimes like a genocidal god-queen being quickly redeemed and forgiven through a little love and udnerstanding. You know this is true.

You have a point

Also you sound like that black guy doesn't fuck sugar

SU is pretentious as a Moral
A bad telling Moral

Honestly someone needs to make a point that sometimes a nigga just needs to get kicked in the teeth. That's life, it's relatable.

>As a sociopath myself
Ow the edge

What age group is digimon made for because they tackle shit like mortality, sacrifice, acceptance of self, acceptance of change, and compromise all within the first season.

All ages. It's called having quality.

Recently binged the first three seasons and TRI and holy fuck does it blow modern cartoons out of the water

I bet you’ve never been in a fight your whole life, incel.

If you want lame “evil for the sake of evil” villains watch any of the 200 other poorly written same tones shows airing now, guessing you don’t read books either.

>incel

Attached: 1558872298652.png (479x557, 224K)

Word of advice from an old Yea Forumsnon. Skim the last few episodes of frontier, skip Fusion/Xros wars entirely, go straight for Data Squad/Savers. Then skip Appmon entirely, go directly for Tri.

You'll be happier that way.

Hell, the fights they have are sometimes really good, but last little to nothing. The Change song exemplifies this. SOLVE AN ISSUE WITH PUNCHING FOR ONCE, SUGAR

>we still killed the shit out of him and several million Germans, many of whom were just protecting their homeland or families.
Yeah, and look how that worked out for us

I think you need a hug, m8.

Come here

Attached: 1567707538260.jpg (2050x1800, 748K)

dont touch me you filthy casual

Yo he got shit done

Are you fucking blaming cartoons for school shootings?

On how much weed are you on right now?

Attached: goku problem.gif (336x244, 61K)

Luckily, that's not how the human brain works.

America
>teaches kids to always try and resolve issues through talking and gay sex

The Middle East
>teaches kids where to cut so you dont cleanly behead somebody & they suffer

He met her fists with his shields. Like, he actually engaged in a fight with her. The issue was resolved with her letting out all her excess anger on his shields until she came to accept the futility of it all.

You can win by subduing an opponent with your own firepower. You can also win by towering over the aggressor with stalwart resilience.

wrong board, you silly bitch. Now hang tight.

Attached: 1567644483485.png (540x545, 650K)

Then it will be a fight to death, I see it as a win win

You mean 99% of shows?

anal sex is a pretty powerful display of power, desu. They do a lot of that in the middle east, too.

Oh shit, that actually makes sense. Do you have a 200 IQ or something? Still, it'd be pretty boring if all fights were like this. I want our boi Esteban Universo to actually punch someone square in the jaw, you know? This kind of stuff works decently with a character like Spinel, but if all fights were stalling that would suck.

>pokemon stall wars in a nutshell

oh fuck

>solve everything with talk
Rational men usually try to solve things with talk too.
>talk about feelings constantly
If being emotionally closed off is your idea of masculinity, you're not going to enjoy your life.
>hugs, tears, hugs, tears, hugs, tears
Shit nigga you don't hug people?
>never be assertive or take charge
Aren't the three main gems and Steven basically taking charge of Earth's defense? Hell, didn't they proactively start a revolution?
>extremely obvious lack of structure
Believe me, fiction can be just as unstructured when written by men. Ever seen a Fast & Furious film?
>a lot of the writing and dialogue comes off as weird post-modernist tumblr speak
What does this even mean? How does one speak in a postmodern style? Postmodernism is simply a rejection of established narratives. How does tumblr speak like that? And how does the dialogue in this show align to this?

Attached: hmmmmmmmmmm.png (419x238, 84K)

The fucker has innate Leftovers. You can't beat him one-on-one.

Just use Knock Off you retarded fuck

Cover your ears your brain is leaking out of your skull

How do you go from "acting as if everyone is willing to cooperate" to "being willfully ignorant of someone's bad intentions"?

They've written themselves into a corner by making the genocidal space nazis redeemed. Now they can't have any characters be unworthy of redemption lest it be implied that they're less forgivable than the diamonds. Sugar is just bad at writing, desu.

Okay, user had some problems with that post, but I'll give my two cents.

Well, I think the issue is a little more complicated than that. It's not black or white, you know? Of course feelings and shit are important, but SU villains are almost never properly "defeated". There should be a balance, like with everything. Some issues can be solved with reason, and some don't. SU paints a picture where ALL issues can be solved with reason, and such, EVERYONE is redeemable and everyone IS redeemed eventually. That's what I'm against. Not really from a "it's brainwashing our kids" standpoint, but it's narratively frustrating to see this happen, you know? It feels like no issues have conflict because they'll all talk it out, have a tea party and blow bubbles. If only some issues were resolved by force as well, the show would come off as more rational.

I believe that the idea that not all issues have to be solved with violence is good on paper, but it's just plain naive to portray all issues like this. Sometimes you actually have to punch someone.

Attached: WATCH OUT IT'S SANS UNDERTALE.jpg (366x368, 16K)

Yeah, it's all contributing to a breakdown of society and shit's gonna kick off any time now. The whole of human civilisation is endangered by Steven fucking Universe. It's us or them, and "them" is anyone trying to convince us it isn't us or them.

I like you.

Attached: Broly reaction images 5.jpg (300x168, 11K)

>The issue was resolved with her letting out all her excess anger on his shields until she came to accept the futility of it all.
How laughably unsatisfying and anticlimactic

Attached: 1550652578981.png (300x322, 114K)

From a certain point of view it makes sense, but it definetely is anticlimactic.

/thread

>zoom in to right corner
>produced by the Institute for American Democracy
>which is an offshoot of the New York-based Anti-Defamation League.
I rate / 10

This was the original.
This responded to it.

I jus responded to the second one, I guess. It's more of a response to this whole thing, though.

The SU movie was resolved through force. If Steven hadn't recovered his powers, Spinel would have killed him.

>Rational men usually try to solve things with talk too.
Rational men don't believe every single issue will be resolved with talking. In most of the world, talking about issues is a course of action pursued only if violence is not an immediate option, or if you know you'd lose.
>If being emotionally closed off is your idea of masculinity, you're not going to enjoy your life.
Retarded non-argument.
>Shit nigga you don't hug people?
Retarded non-argument.
>Aren't the three main gems and Steven basically taking charge of Earth's defense? Hell, didn't they proactively start a revolution?
The fact that three single moms and a fat kid are in charge of Earth's defense demonstrates something severely wrong with the planet Earth in Steven Universe's setting. Where are the diplomats? Where is the military? Where are the governments? These are basic questions even a child would ask, but not a writer's team densely packed with fat women.
>Believe me, fiction can be just as unstructured when written by men. Ever seen a Fast & Furious film?
At least those terrible movies include some sort of tension or development.
>What does this even mean? How does one speak in a postmodern style?
Language can be masculine or feminine, and I'm not talking about pronouns. Often what is seen as "feminine" may also be categorized as simpering, allergic to conflict, passive-aggressive, so on. Look up "report talk vs. rapport talk" for just a few explanations on how this works. As for the postmodernism, Steven Universe is as allergic to traditional forms of conflict and storyboarding as it is presenting disputes in a masculine way. This is why the show is popular with women and infirm men, and not little boys or actual men.

Attached: 1562019734228.jpg (700x525, 23K)

>Literally the whole point of Avatar
>Modern
>Avatar
Even Korra Book 4 was about redemption and shit.

Agreed. I mostly just find the particular points in hilariously fucking stupid.

That said, I'm fine with a piece of fiction existing that always prioritizes the lesson that the vast, vast majority of people are not evil, and it's important to remember this, even if you despise them and what they stand for. Such a piece of fiction will have to have a point of interest beyond the standard conflict style, of course.

>talking about issues is a course of action pursued only if violence is not an immediate option, or if you know you'd lose
He's absolutely right. When my roommate wouldn't clean the dishes, I killed him and dumped his body in the harbour.

why all these anons larping as if they live in a warzone

What I mean is the issue was solved through working out their feelings and shit, I see the power loss thing more as a representation of Steven's growth when he realised he had to change to accomplish his goals. Again, not a bad message to give to kids, but Spinel was about to doom the entire planet and kill tons of people. Some actual punching and physical confrontation was required, and no, the little boxing match doesn't fucking count. Even if Spinel is damaged or whatever, there's a limit to everyone's redeemability.

Agreed.

That's all well and good. Not all people are bad, and not all people are good. No single solution can fix all problems, and it's naive to think that it can. I'm fine with that kind of fiction existing too, I just think that SU in particular is getting it wrong in some areas.

>Rational men don't believe every single issue will be resolved with talking.
That's not what I said. But talking, negotiation, is not a womanly thing.
>Retarded non-argument.
Not really. The idea that masculinity = being closed off isn't good. It doesn't work, it results in broken humans.
>Retarded non-argument.
Again, not really. The point is that men obviously, if they are at all psychologically healthy, express emotion. Do you not hug your family? Your spouse? Do you never cry? The idea that this stuff is 'female' is a myth.
>The fact that three single moms and a fat kid are in charge of Earth's defense demonstrates something severely wrong with the planet Earth in Steven Universe's setting.
It suggests that the show is about Steven and the Gem stuff, not about the military or the government. That's it.
>These are basic questions even a child would ask
That one quote about the Batmobile's tires comes to mind. These are not questions a child would ask, because even a child would understand that the show just isn't about those things.
>At least those terrible movies include some sort of tension or development.
Ah. I suppose you haven't seen any of them.
>Often what is seen as "feminine" may also be categorized as simpering, allergic to conflict, passive-aggressive
Yeah, it can be categorized that way, but that's just the categorization of someone who associates those things with something else. And that person's opinion is not written into the fabric of the universe.
>As for the postmodernism, Steven Universe is as allergic to traditional forms of conflict and storyboarding
This is one area where you could call the show postmodern. But you were talking about the way characters talk. How is the way they - and people on tumblr, apparently - talk postmodern?
>the show is popular with women and infirm men, and not little boys or actual men.
How do you know this?

>talking about issues is a course of action pursued only if violence is not an immediate option
This is as far as anyone needs to read of this post. I almost believe you could be falseflagging, that's how retarded you are.

>Africa
People get killed before they talk
>India
>Middle East
>China
People get killed after the talk (about the government)

These are the largest landmasses in the world. A majority of the planet does not talk shit out. If you believe otherwise you are as naive and stupid as the Steven Universe writing team, which is the worst insult I can think of.

>In most of the world, talking about issues is a course of action pursued only if violence is not an immediate option
I cannot even comprehend the level of edgelordism required to actually believe this.

Attached: reaper mains.jpg (3224x2500, 2.99M)

>The fact that three single moms and a fat kid are in charge of Earth's defense demonstrates something severely wrong with the planet Earth in Steven Universe's setting
Agreed

Attached: 1537463780223.png (720x1280, 269K)

kids dont watch steven universe. Nor should they. The whole fusion thing is just a metaphor for gay sex

You dare mock me?
I killed a dozen men just to secure a wi-fi connection long enough to tell you just how wrong you are.
If I don't respond, it's because I'm killing some more.
SU is completely unbelievable.

Attached: 1549906006577.png (500x537, 212K)

If you genuinely think that's how all interactions in those areas go, you're a fucking idiot.

Historically, all over the world, diplomacy has almost always been preferable to war. Even the fucking Romans, who ran the first ever war economy, preferred to peacefully integrate powers into their empire without shedding blood.

>Not really.

Yes really. Stupid non-arguments like "if you don't express yourself like a Steven Universe character you aren't healthy" isn't even worth replying to. If anything trying to emulate these characters is unhealthy, as the OP said. I know this because even fans of the show will see how Steven resolves disputes and think it's pretty fucking gay.

>>the show is popular with women and infirm men, and not little boys or actual men.
>How do you know this?
by reading your replies

Aren't you that braindead loser who kept pushing his shitty OC in multiple threads?

You have the simplistic view of someone who knows about the world beyond the US only through Fox News. Do you really think diplomacy and negotiation don't happen anywhere but Europe and the USA?

>cant read two paragraphs

Murder rates in Africa, the Middle East and India are comically high. People do not talk out their issues in these places and they have most of the world's population. China also is more likely to kill off political dissidents or seditious individuals than level with or tolerate them. Therefore most of the world really does come to blows before it's willing to talk about anything, and that makes a show like Steven Universe painfully unrealistic and advocating a belief system not compatible with most of the world. You are naive and will end up dead before you have the chance to pass away from old age, I would bet money on it.

Attached: 1538311107296.jpg (640x395, 38K)

>Stupid non-arguments like "if you don't express yourself like a Steven Universe character you aren't healthy"
Luckily, that's not what I said. You are a constructing a strawman out of a lack of real arguments, and have now conceded defeat.

It's written by adults, so I will criticize it as such.

GIANT ENEMY CRAB

"Diplomacy" and "negotiation" are tools of weak men/SU fans.
The fact that you continue to convince me just proves my point right.
If we were having this discussion in person, you'd be dead.

>That's not what I said. But talking, negotiation, is not a womanly thing.

Negotiation isn't a womanly thing, but people can grow from confrontation and facing your issues too, especially young men (that doesn't mean women can't too, I just think that facing adversity appeals more to men, like it does for me). Still, the problem is the lack of confrontation, because it's naive to think everything can be fixed with talking and rosy cheeks.

>Not really. The idea that masculinity = being closed off isn't good. It doesn't work, it results in broken humans.

That's all well and good, but you can't fix your problems just by expressing your feelings and letting it out. You have to do something about it too, you know?

>Again, not really. The point is that men obviously, if they are at all psychologically healthy, express emotion. Do you not hug your family? Your spouse? Do you never cry? The idea that this stuff is 'female' is a myth.

Pretty much the same point as before.

>It suggests that the show is about Steven and the Gem stuff, not about the military or the government. That's it.

That's just an excuse for lazy writing. If SU is some sort of echo of modern American society, the military or some form of government should be there. We know this because of Mayor Dewey. Even if "the show isn't about the military" it'd still make sense for it to be there. Just like Dragon Ball isn't exactly about the Galactic Patrol, they're still there.

>That one quote about the Batmobile's tires comes to mind. These are not questions a child would ask, because even a child would understand that the show just isn't about those things.

Same argument.

>Ah. I suppose you haven't seen any of them.

Why do you assume that someone who sees something you don't in a piece of entertainment hasn't seen it? Do we all have to have the same opinions as you to have seen things?

I sort of agree with the rest of it, but that's my two cents.

Attached: goku think.jpg (300x300, 19K)

"Don't give up on solving things nonviolently" is not a bad message if you're not an edgelord

Most of the problems in this world can be traced back to people's willingness to resort to talking, instead of killing each other. That's why Western countries are such shitholes compared to Africa or the Middle East.

Please, I bet you, go to the Middle East or Africa and try to talk you way out of one of the many roving bands of murderers who kill for sport and profit.

Too many negatives. Can't even understand what you're saying.

>People do not talk out their issues
You believe that because people get murdered, people never talk about things? Murder is what happens when talking breaks down, idiot, and the average person does not ever resort to it. If they did, your example countries wouldn't exist, because everyone would have killed one another.

Christ you're stupid.

The irony is this guy would get punched in the mouth for being an annoying faggot, but that can't happen online, so he's free to shit up discourse as much as he wants. Anyone want to try talking to him?

Attached: 1567010109487.png (547x513, 291K)

Shoot first. Talk second.
That's how the world is outside your safe suburban homes.

>Murder is what happens when talking breaks down

Murder is what happens by default when someone is weak enough to simply kill them and solve whatever grievance you have with them. Don't make me post murder rates in places like South America, Africa, the Middle East, India, etc.

>he'd be having this discussion in person
The way to interact with someone is to sneak up behind them and hit them over the head with a brick. "Discussion" just gives them a chance to see it coming, you fucking pussy.

This. Predators don't talk to prey.

The irony is that some guy from the BBC literally did this a few weeks ago.

>people ITT advocate talking it out
>end up trolling and shitposting when their lack of research becomes painfully obvious

Attached: 1539793636053.png (655x1028, 653K)

but I live in a big city

Isn't there a blackman who convinces members of the KKK to leave the guild after talking to them?

And how did you get your safe little apartment?
By removing the weak from your path.
Survival of the fittest.

Didn't happen. Lies planted by the media to pacify us.

Then his advice applies even more

>shoots you
I’m sorry, what was that? Wasn’t paying attention.

Why, disappointed? Wanted to talk it out with them?

The KKK hasn't existed as a formal entity for nearly 50 years, user.

alex jones can't hurt you anymore

Attached: 25160a3e39e7b85a676878c32881742d.jpg (1208x2048, 345K)

If you want my honest opinion I would just summarily execute most of this board if it was legal. Most of you are genuinely too dumb to conversate or follow your own rules and the rest are hopeless manchildren who don't pay taxes. I'm just laughing at how you praise this show for trying to solve disputes through words but when you're proven wrong you fall back to "ironic" humor. It's the most pathetic thing in the world and its the sort of thing you could only get away with here.

Pretty much every cartoon with a bad guy?

>t. Likes Vore

Okay. Name three.

In Steven Universe, humanity is very out of character. Not enough military, reverse engineering of gem tech, etc.

>words
Poser. Post your address.

I don't have to. There's a huge amount of cartoons proving me right but I won't name any for some reason.

Making every major adversary an irreprehensible spook who can be brutalized out of all their plans is horrible writing. You are cultivating a generation of American children who will be fucking raping the rest of the planet, who does not oblige by this "kill everyone and never attempt diplomacy" faggotry.

This shit needs to be pointed out more. It is a major flaw in the show and it won't stop happening.

based

Mao Mao, DC Super Hero Girls, Amphibia?

>Negotiation isn't a womanly thing, but people can grow from confrontation and facing your issues too
Absolutely. It just seems incredibly stupid to dismiss things like negotiation and diplomacy as 'woman traits.' The most beloved rulers have always been those that made peace and ensured prosperity.
>That's all well and good, but you can't fix your problems just by expressing your feelings and letting it out. You have to do something about it too, you know?
Sure. I'm not advocating total passivity. What I'm saying is that it's silly to reject things like empathy as feminine. The most famous and important scene in the Iliad, is Achilles and Priam sharing a moment of quiet empathy, both of them understanding one another through their shared sense of loss. Half the point of the latter half of the story is that they should have reconciled fully there, Priam disciplining his son and Achilles going home or even stopping Agamemnon.
>That's just an excuse for lazy writing.
I'm not actually a huge SU fan so I don't have much of a stake here, but I'd say stories can simply exclude that which the plot doesn't need.

>If you want my honest opinion I would just summarily execute most of this board if it was legal
Same

Attached: 1567728375454.png (250x150, 43K)

This just got sexual

What a turd burglar.

Maybe the writers will change course and Season 6 will be bloodsoaked and brutal

2202 Tuscan Ln
Baytown, TX 77520

Just a fair warning: this state allows you to shoot trespassers and I own a gun.

...user, the KKK has a headquarters and everything. Why would you lie about it not existing?

What about the Predator movies? When they do that thing where they record shit and okay it back to speak.

Correct. They consume them whole for nutrients.

Attached: 1567734053062.jpg (1024x1024, 84K)

It's the same as the alternative,
The other is producing simple villains who are inexplicably evil and are always defeated by the good guy,

It's a flawed step to think that anyone's mind can be easily changed, but is more intelligent to realize that conflict sometimes has to complex differing points of view.

Flawed though the solution may be,
they honestly need to build in a failure at some point. Real life includes people who don't change as well

Smartest post ITT

Attached: 1552396989395.jpg (195x258, 5K)

Yeah, that's all fine with me. Glad we can agree on some things.

I pray to God every day that Steven will wake up and realise that bullets are superior to words

Trips confirm
Little edgy, brother

Woah, i predict this is the new standard insult/comeback

Literally the only membership numbers are kept by the ADL, who opposes the KKK for obvious reasons. There are very likely more people posting in this thread than there are in the KKK.

Attached: 1547076681089.png (1143x1117, 1.16M)

>Bullets
Fuck that noise. Give him energy blasts. Like a Kamehameha or Rasengan, none of that Cyclops or Superman shit.

your house is pretty nice

>bullets
Still weak. Up close with melee weapons or no watch

Well said
Your words describe perfectly my daily life as of many others (sorry my weak English)

And this is why I think Steve Talking no Jutsu is ridiculous
Soon or late in life everybody gonna stop with imbeciles who don't care about your feelings,just facts/numbers/results
Or worst truly irrational madmen in power position
Kudos user
Just two cents.

Attached: 1566093082797.jpg (760x596, 231K)

Back when skinhead punk and Johnny Rebel style country was gaining mainstream popularity the United States underwent a pretty hardcore de-personing of the KKK. Every (((media))) outlet was in on that shit, disavowing racism while packing both punk and country with the most bluepilled diversity-advocating artists possible to drown out the more grassroots ones. As a result the group simply collapsed from lack of fresh blood and it has next to no members nowadays.

Melee is gay, use your fists like the pros do. None of that sword shit, swords are for losers.

The SPLC and a bunch of smaller organizations do too. The KKK obviously masks their membership and tries to keep as many secrets as possible, but they're organized enough to still have several offices and have recognizable, noted leaders who can produce large numbers of members for marches on relatively short notice.

That said, even the ADL has reported a sharp decline in membership since the beginning of 2019.

ha, yea. (am one)

until the cluster episode. then fuck it. ill watch the rest but ill writhe and cringe. such a noticeable downturn.

The ADL is terrible at measuring basically everything

Because you don't like them?

You guys are a minority though, even if we add in all the "social dominator" borderlines.

Most everybody else STILL doesn't give a shit what you have to say, but they got that way through social conditioning, not hardware issues.

Because they are incompetent, unless you genuinely believe a group who tried to outlaw the OK hand symbol as hate speech is sane

>wrong form of to
Consume more media, graduate high school, then make your story. Otherwise it won't be very genuine or very intelligent

>tried to outlaw the OK hand symbol as hate speech
But they didn't do that. In fact, they went on record saying the OK hand signal is generally not a white supremacy thing.

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ok-sign-not-hate-sign-statement-clarification-adl-a7716556.html

>They planned on making a Popeye movie
>People higher up decided to cancel it in favor of making the Emoji movie instead

Attached: tfwnobees.gif (397x223, 1.14M)

all right tough guy.

Attached: 1549843079786.jpg (399x399, 29K)

Concern trolling: the thread

Fuck off back to with this shit.

Post a pic of yourself flexing outside the front door. Shirtless pls. No fatties.

You’re a monster

We are a minority: Probably if you consider %4.5 poblation a minority

But hey isn't Transgenders like %0.002
A very vocal %0.002 with %40 suicide rate %80 schizophrenia and one of the target of the show?

Hypocrite

Now tell me how my (You) give you a erection

Attached: 1566785185788.jpg (940x3617, 648K)

Make it a dick pic and I’ll second

>and then I told him he was stupid without engaging with any of his opinions haha that really showed him

Monsters aren't real, kid. The world is full of heroes fighting for there own cause. The horrible thing is that despite being full of heroes, horrible things still happen. Horrible things happen because people like you fool themselves into thinking their "enemies" have no agency or no understandable motives. Grow up.

>inb4 "I KNOW THEY HAVE MOTIVES, BUT THEIRS DISAGREE WITH OURS THEREFORE WE HAVE TO FIGHT AGAINST ONE ANOTHER FOR RESOURCES"
Then you aren't trying to be a hero, unlike Steven, and thus are argument is moot.

Here's Connie playing with goats.

Attached: tumblr_pqk6oizPgp1sd1xkuo5_r1_1280.png (800x600, 143K)

I thought they were lambs

Open up already, I've been knocking for 5 minutes.

I'm the (You), literally don't understand the sentences you are speaking friend

Maybe they are. I just never thought lambs were that nimble.

Mao Mao
Gravity Falls
Adventure Time

Attached: 1565555692745.jpg (249x235, 5K)

The sheer amount of internet tough guys in this thread is off the charts

This post is retarded. Especially today, most people have to try nonviolence first because they'll go to prison. The major powers try other things because we don't want WWIII including nuclear war and the apocalypse. People who respond to stay problems at work by taking a gun to the office and shooting everyone are not well thought of, for good reason. Even the U.S. usually starts put with funding insurgents and trying not to get its hands dirty, the War in Iraq is massively unpopular with both of its major parties right now. But if you want to live constantly warring and fighting you can join Al Qaeda and move to war torn parts of the Middle East I guess. That's fun.
This is just a retarded show to get a hateboner over this. The Gems are fighters who all have and use weapons of war a lot. Fighting is their first solution to everything. They're not pacifists. Convincing enemies to join them and fight beside them is smart strategy, especially for a massively outgunned Rebellion. They begin an all-out intergalactic war and there are tons of The bad guys not getting killed is not uncommon in shows for kids. Aang tries to find a nonviolent solution to fighting the Fire Lord and does.
Having a character who can't be redeemed and is so dangerous they have to be shattered would be an interesting lesson. But you're making this sound way more different than childrens' media than it is. There are far more shows where there's no combat to begin with and it's just about how nice and good being friends is. It's not terrible to show some of those shows to really young kids. Meanwhile combat is Steven Universe is actually always treated as neccessary, that's why Connie training for combat isn't shown as a bad thing, just how obsessed with sacrificing herself she becomes. They all learn to use powerful weapons and it's shown as good that they train with weapons, train for combat. Having some idealism in the mix doesn't change the war and fighting being in the show, too.

Weird right?

Voltron. Gravity Falls. Amphibia. Infinity Train. Adventure Time. Fuck, for all the shit it gets about being SJW as fuck, almost all the problems in She-Ra are solved by Adora punching them, or throwing a flaming boat at them, or something similar.

And some of those antagonists aren't eventually redeemed or shown to be not evil? Remind me what happened to the Ice King and the Lich again?
Most Gravity Falls problems aren't solved with combat. Dipper talks to the S1 Big Bad Gideon about love and caring for five seconds and redeems him.

I agree, OP. Steven should eventually face an enemy that doesn't care about being friends and only has destruction on its mind. The final piece of the movie reintroduced Steven to the concept of change. He has been growing from a child who only wanted to hangout with his lesbian rock pals and go on adventure to obtaining galactic peace and plowing Diamond pussy. To avoid conflict and seek peaceful solutions are his goals, but what happens when he cannot compromise with his enemy and reach an understanding?

He’s already started. He was pretty cold to Spinel and the Diamonds.

>He has been growing from a child who only wanted to hangout with his lesbian rock pals and go on adventure to obtaining galactic peace and plowing Connie's pussy. To avoid conflict and seek peaceful solutions are his goals

*Their fixed*

I know what you are trying to say but you are definitely wrong. While talking and trying to reach non violent means should always be the first option, it rarely works. It may work in you small world view, and among family/friends/work but try to reason with a drug addict that has a knife to your throat.

True no one is born evil, but that doesn't mean you can talk down every threat, or hell most threats to your well being. Look at all the Wars fought, look at all the terrorist acts, look at all the atrocities SJW libtards ignore in Africa unless it is hip. Words work there is no arguing that, but they sure as shit don't stop genocide, rape, murder, and all of life's unfairness. You have to be the change you want to see etc, but if yelling about things and using words worked, Twitter would have Hillary be president and Trump Impeached. Life aint fair do something about it instead of complain.

The question was whether good guys beat up bad guys to save the day. They do that in all those shows.

there*

FPBP

Good. If a kid's that stupid to kiss a fucking pitbull, it's pretty much natural selection.

Attached: 1fe6c69c48ead583dabd51c5e8140d49.jpg (320x282, 12K)

>Name three.

nu Ben 10
Mao Mao
Big Hero 6
Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

now you must kill yourself

Attached: cartoon.jpg (620x407, 97K)

Friendly reminder if you watch this shit and you are over the age of 12 you should kill yourself you faggot.

what are you doing on this board then?
shouldn't you be on Yea Forums or something?

why are you on this board?

Marvel's Spider-Man
Ben 10 (2016)
Big Hero 6: The Series
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers Assemble
Star Wars Resistance

>me man
>me no reason or feel
>me just smash rock on other man head!!
>this the correct way, women DUMB
Why do you think this is more intelligent or better in any way than actually using your brain and not being afraid to speak through your differences?
The prevailing argument is "Someone won't want to do that, they'll just want to fight", and then obviously fighting will happen, but it's not a superior method to actually trying to understand each other by any means.
It's like you need the world and its stories to be pathetically flat and two-dimensional so that you never have to think of anything in terms of subjectivity or moral greyness. For those that complain "Real life isn't like that", you seem to have a very simplistic viewpoint of how life works.
Is this just a way to protect yourself from acknowledging that human history is ugly and not always justified? "The ends justifies the means", because it'd be too much of a blackpill to realize most of the shit your and other countries' government did probably could've gone smoother and with less civilian death if the dumbfucks in seats of power just listed off their wants/needs and everyone tried to come to a compromise in the interest of actually protecting the peoples they were positioned to lead (as opposed to working from pure greed and/or narcissistic rage)?

this is how you get raped and killed

Like clockwork.
>The prevailing argument is "Someone won't want to do that, they'll just want to fight", and then obviously fighting will happen, but it's not a superior method to actually trying to understand each other by any means.
No one is saying fighting is never okay, but thinking people are just cartoon villains and the only way to solve anything is through fighting is pathetically childish. There's nothing pusillanimous about actually being an adult who can process the shit they want and discuss it in a mature way.

pumping the opponent's brain with lead is the only method with a 100% success rate
EVER

Careful your mom doesn't see Yea Forums in your browsing history, user

all the villains are women, user.

based

>Remind me what happened to the Ice King and the Lich again?
Beat up until he learned his place, and beat up until he could literally no longer continue to exist in reality as himself, respectively
>Most Gravity Falls problems aren't solved with combat.
Because it's legitimately a better show than that, and combat is still there anyway

Only chick I know who likes this show is incredibly attractive and mentally ill. I'm gay as shit but I have been half tempted to eat her out. It helps we both have the same fav gem though...

Attached: 1542628166457.jpg (1033x771, 130K)

If Steven was in anyother universe his philosophy wouldnt work. A majority of villains arent even going to listen to what he has to say, theyll just kill him on the spot for looking dumb

Meh, he’s geting pretty durable lately.

>killing steven
He has magical girl tier powers. He would do fine in almost every universe. And if you consider his talk no jitsu as a power then your argument is useless.

the absolute state of the alt-right

Attached: muh children.jpg (266x189, 14K)

>SU talk no jutsu will actually work
Please don't take those "your right steven" threads seriously. They're jokes user

I too think tranny story time is a fantastic idea

As a human being, but especially a child, you have five options when you're confronted with an interpersonal problem. You can ignore that it's a problem (White Diamond, past Garnet), you can hide your problem through anger, (Yellow Diamond, past Amethyst), you can hide your problem through sadness, (Blue Diamond, past Pearl), or you can avoid your problem (Pink Diamond, Rose Quartz). These are all the inappropriate ways to deal with problems. They hurt people. They make more problems in your life. They're motivated by selfishness, fear, everything bad. It might not even be your fault you have these problems, they could be the problems of someone else, but that's not an excuse to deal with them inappropriately.

Steven deals with interpersonal problems the right way. He's always about confronting them, dragging them to light, talking them out no matter how scary and/or dangerous they are. Steven Universe exists for the title of the finale, Change Your Mind. It's about fixing yourself and helping your friends and family in positive ways so they can fix themselves, too. It's about having an open environment where people feel trusted, safe, loved, and allowed to openly love themselves, even if they're not the "perfect" son/daughter/mom/dad. After all, if everyone were perfect... you get the point?

Is SU idealistic? Absolutely. Is it unrealistic? To a degree, yes. Some people will refuse to change. We're not Steven, we have emotional, physical, and mental limits. But for a child who can't leave their family and be adults who can pick and choose interpersonal battles like us, it tells a good story on how they should talk to their family to go about changing their mind.

If you watch SU and go "but how will these children be able to use these moral lessons to deal with political conflicts in the MIDDLE EAST," you're pants-on-head retarded.

Soooo.... Our protagonist not talking to his opponents is somehow illogical and edgy, despite the fact that Demons are literally pure evil and will fuck you over constantly, both emotionally and physically?

AND the fact that he isn't on some sort of emotionally driven vengeance spree? Because someone literally ordered him to do this. There's barely anything emotional about his involvment against the demons.

Gabriel is not special, he's not "The Chosen One", and he has basically no significance in any of this. He's just another grunt in the army of the undead.

Also, I feel a lot of the negative consensus came from the disjointed way I delivered it.

>He has magical girl tier powers
Magical girl isn't a fucking tier. Magical girls range from parlor tricks to fucking omnipotence.

It’s more of a decent theory actually, considering the other Diamonds have actual mental powers, as does Steven.

There are similar such things in actual magical girl shows so i'm not ruling it out as it literally being a power of pinks. If the kid can dreamweave, fly, resurrect the dead, and create forcefields it's not crazy to assume.

It is a little edgy and not very good.

Yep.
40k:
>"DEATH TO XENOS!" Blam.
ST:
>"You know Steven, there is a Klingon proverb that revenge is a dish best served cold." Dead.
DBZ:
>"I'm going to count to five. When I do, your world is going to get destroyed. 1, 2, 3, 4..."
>"WAAAAHH-"
>Dead.
Rick:
>"God kid, shut the fuck up. Goddamn." BLAM, Dead.
SW:
>Vader force chokes before Steven opens his mouth.
Ed, Edd, n Eddy:
>Falls for every scam.

fpbp

>crying your way to victory
Steven doesnt even have to put in any effort, he just gets his way always
Its a shit show and you know it

>steven is dumb and weak
>my COOL BOY SHOWS kill him!

Attached: 1504630266535.png (250x202, 8K)

Because it’s got nothing of substance and a lot of your advertising for it is just to shit on SU, because you don’t like it. That’s not mature or cool, that’s just a little petty.

>won't somebody please think of the children
>they should learn too shoot ni- i mean people rather than show any empathy or emotion ever there scum!

Did we watch the same show? He put in five seasons worth of constant effort to fix these crazy emotional bitches.

>dead
>implying he wouldn't poof after what we saw this white diamond
If you're going to make arguments you should know the lore.

Steven usually confronts his problems, it’s his mom who avoids that.

I don't, fucking idiot, trannies should burn and so should holier-than-thou /pol/tards like you

>this kids show is teaching kids bad morals
its funny how there is always someone dumb enough to make this argument, how about you try not getting your entire world view from a single cartoon.

That's why anime is wining

People are still really put off by how season 5 ended, which included the quick redemption of like half of the villains in the entire run of the show, including the only person with an actual ideological conflict that Steven couldn't solve without violence, and one that was literally introduced as the big bad to rule them all within a couple episodes of the ending

Right? Just watch a movie to even it out.

I was developing this for a few months, then I realized that it felt like what people who hate Calarts cartoons would like. So I decided to sell it on that.

>the only person with an actual ideological conflict that Steven couldn't solve without violence
Who?

Frankly, I feel like I fucked up majorly with the way I worded this pitch.

To quote Peter Griffin, the problem with your idea is that “it insists upon itself.”

Oh the lore! Where they live in place called beach city, and the gems planet is called homeworld, and... Uh. Huh. That's it really.

Bismuth
The one that was dead set on wanting to kill people
The one that Steven was forced to pop for everyone's good
The one that was brought back on a whim and just sorta decided to be good on the spot because they didn't want to leave that plot thread hanging

That's the setting user

And of course the complete change of human history, including several religions gone and I believe a hole in Russia.

Motherfucking HA! had a clearly defined moral stance in it's storytelling, weeb. Stop arguing like a fucking poltard.

Hey Arnold? I don’t know, there was that bunny suit episode.

That they never go into any detail over.

its almost like Bismuth was violent and dangerous because she didn't at all understand what was going on, so explaining shit to her actually caused her to change her mind

its shocking how much conflict really is down to misunderstanding and could be prevented with more clear communication

Will /pol/'s OUTRAGE meta ever end or is this stormfront endgame?
You need to go back

>Bismuth was violent and dangerous because she didn't at all understand what was going on
No I'm pretty sure it was because of the genocidal space empire whose standard operation was based on various past and ongoing atrocities, which had never at any point stopped being a thing

>You are cultivating a generation of American children who will be fucking raped by the rest of the planet

Or you might if American society as a whole did not teach them to be rabid wolves.

Stop blaming cartoons for shitty parenting.

your premise is inherently stupid, its like when people argue if Goku or Superman would win in a fight

if this fictional made up alien had to deal with different fictional made up aliens than he wouldn't stand a chance, oh wow such an important point even then I'm pretty sure your just wrong, Pink Steven's bubble was completely unbreakable and he can just do that now so no one could harm him

when you realize the leader of the genocidal space empire you hated was also the leader of the rebellion against the genocidal space empire you hated because she, too, hated the genocidal space empire, I think that might make anyone pause in their motivations

Superman would win duh

which explains why she wanted to kill Steven why exactly? Also Bismuth wasn't mad about atrocities, she's mad about slavery and hierarchy, she didn't give a shit about life and how much the Diamonds destroyed

>which explains why she wanted to kill Steven why exactly?
She didn't
She wanted to kill Rose, who betrayed her, and in her eyes, the cause
Once she started to understand that Steven really was a different person, I think she let him poof her because they would never agree, but it's been a while and the details are fuzzy
Also the Diamonds committed plenty of war crimes against the Crystal Gems, not the least of which being the necromantic rape WMD experiment performed on the corpses of the fallen soldiers

>fascism bad when good for agenda
Fuck off troglodyte.

Holy shit

>He usually just digs deep inside his own ass and pulls something his mom could do
If this dumb weeb could've started this thread bitching and moaning about muh earned powers and all the stupid discourse that comes along and poisons content like he is doing right now, I don't think this thread would've reached bump limit.

That’s just superheroes work.

she didn't believe that Steven was a different person until the very end, when he promised to tell the other what happened to her unlike Rose who hid her fate, even then when he let's her out she calls him Rose at first and attacks him right away, not calming down until she sees what is wrong with Biggs and Steven explains everything to her

Bismuth didn't know about the Cluster, none of the Crystal Gems did before Peridot told them.

>As a sociopath myself
>x is terrifying
This thread, man.

>Hitler was just a "flawed individual making mistakes"
Nah, nigga. Hitler wasn't a cartoon character.

ummm you do know that nations spent years trying to negotiate a peaceful agreement with both of those powers right? and it was only because they had gone back on their word multiple times and made it 100% clear that all they used negotiation for was a stalling tool that the Allied powered went to war and demanded complete unconditional surrender right?

Your Cheetoh president was about to commit one of those SU-tier episodes in the live action with the Taliban. On US soil. You're so fucking stupid.

Okay, incel.

Believe In Steven

Who's your favourite gem?

Her calming down after learning that the Diamonds did even worse shit than she knew about doesn't help, user

user I believe you but this is cringe as fuck.

Attached: 1565225718870.jpg (677x880, 235K)

BURN

Do all the people here that talk like edgelords realize they are cringy or they think it's so cool to sound like an edgy 13 yo playing Call of duty?

>this thread

Attached: IMG_0819.HEIC_.jpg (835x626, 161K)

The latter

You pretty much described Rumiko Takahashi's work. I still don't know why she's as popular as she is.

The pilot literally involves Arnold getting out of a fight by acting crazy, even hitting himself rather than hurting Harold. It works too.

>who does not oblige by this "let's be friends" faggotry.

The thing is, that person/group doesn't exist.
Nobody is against you, they're for themselves. They won't harm you if they don't perceive you as a threat. And if they do percieve you as a threat, then it's in your best interest to de-escalate that situation before it becomes war. That's deplomacy 101.

Basically, if someone hates you, the absolute *worst* thing you can do, both for them and for you, is prove them right.

Harold is Best Boy.

>I still don't know why she's as popular as she is.
Oh so this thread is just an excuse to brag about having shit taste?

Later on. He was a bully along with an oddly characterized Stinky and that one other kid at first.

The only good post in this shitty thread

Fortunately I haven't met a child who actually watches this garbage, at the most its just other 20 something year olds that I see on my campus that laps up this trash. Strangely enough their all either really fat or really short...

Its for the best, they would've bastardized the man.

>Monsters aren't real, kid. The world is full of heroes fighting for there own cause.
>Yup those fuckers who rape and sodomize the bodies of their victims are real heroes, fighting for the cause to rape and sodomize.

Fucking hell I knew SU tards we're pathetic, but i never knew it was this bad...

He was always good. Let’s face it. Arnold was in the wrong.

>all the villains are women, user.

Yet the one antagonistic male in the show is seen as irredeemable

>He put in five seasons worth of constant effort to fix these crazy emotional bitches.

He hardly interacted with them, until the very last season, where they were promptly redeemed.

They’re actually kind of meh. They don’t see anything wrong but just figure it’s a phase they got all the time in the world to wait through.

Half of them are mocking the other half

>tfw under 6 feet

You guys seriously getting bent out of shape over the writing in Steven Universe of all things? From the get-go Sugar went on record to say the show is heavily romanticized and there are no "real villains" It was a happy fantasy the way that comics and video games have power fantasies. The lot of you are making a fuss over an author's self indulgent wankfest. Chill the hell out.

Attached: low effort bwaah.jpg (720x542, 94K)

>he wouldn’t poof
Steven literally cannot poof, only pure gems can poof

What the fuck else are they going to complain about? They've got nothing real to bitch about, children's television is the best they've got.

Yeah, exactly, human nature is absurd and people willfully will not talk things out.
I'm not judging SU on its ethics, it's just obviously very stilted as a show to have EVERY character fit the unrealistic attitudes of the writer. It's poor art.

Not to mention the time for bitching about it has LONG since passed. If you didn't make peace with that by the time of season 3, then I don't know what to tell you. It's been five seasons and a movie, people. That ship has sailed.

From the get-go she said the real villain would be someone without empathy
We have since come to find out that she meant the one that's been dead the whole time and physically can't be talked to

Could a skeleton be the main protagonist of a cartoon without the show being automatically considered edgy?

Attached: 1442556452280.gif (200x137, 1.11M)

Apparently not.

Yea Forums's fear of the /pol/ bogeyman never ceases to make me laugh.

Attached: source.gif (500x303, 689K)

It’s the polish solider fighting demons thing that makes it edgy, stupid.

THAT'S edgy to you? Go watch more mlp, faggot.

Well that and I think he has depression or PTSD or something dumb. Also he’s racist against Asians.

There is such a thing as extreme pacifism. Agreat example of it is Vash from trigun, where no mater how horrible the other guy is or how many people die as a consequence, Vash just lets people go.

Attached: 51ampF0txVL._SX298_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (300x499, 43K)

>Deluded pacifists

You guys know Steven can fight right?

He's not suicidally retarded, if he gets attacked he will defend himself.

That ass fat

Do you think this is a reference, or just plagiarism?

Attached: 9cf.png (680x618, 956K)

Oh, and now hes not allowed to have mental scars from his time fighting Asians in WW2 and Korea?

the Steven Universe approach is no less realistic than typical superhero-supervillain fights, where once the hero has punched them into submission the threat goes away.

Remember in the movie, how surprised Wonder Woman was when she killed the baddie but World War 1 kept happening?

Let's pretend that fascism is bad. I know, big stretch for this audience. So, Trump could choke on a golf ball tonight and there'd still be a bunch of young thugs out there in red hats, middle-aged thugs with AR-15s, ICE would still be throwing children into 55-degree coolers or 108-degree outdoor cages, all those treaties the US broke would still be broken. Mitch McConnell would still have veto power over all legislation. Hell, Charles Koch and Jeffrey Epstein both died but they're not the only billionaires that have bought off giant swaths of academia. And all that is happening in addition to the skyrocketing rents and environmental damage that was already happening. There's no single villain to kill, no single superweapon to disarm or destroy, no princess or scientist to rescue. A large number of very rich people cooperated with each other to make the world this terrible, and they've expended a lot of resources to keep themselves safe from both weapons and dissenting ideas. Neither Captain America nor Steven Universe can save us. It's going to take a much larger group of the rest of us, acting together.

I mean, he survived this and got up again:

youtu.be/yw-5lYYBh9Q?t=147

Racists are gross

And with his bubble he took on the Injector exploding and wrecking Beach City

It makes sense, though.

Also, he doesn't go all "Kill all the chinks". It’s more a passive fear of Asian people.

Steven Universe is full of incredibly blatant anime references

Attached: 1344536436.jpg (1384x776, 115K)

Maybe all the aggressive humans got wiped out fighting for rose?

All the ones with any fight in them getting wiped out in the war, Except a few outliers who survived the cull and bred + nurtured a little backbone into the mostly passive surviving fragments of humanity.

Videl the shotgun packing momma of hellspawn for example.

It might take a whole season, but Steven could wear Vader down.

How about Steven faces a villain that would pose an actual challenge for him to reach? How about Steven faces a villain who is... A man? A man would need to have a complex personality and moral self. His issues would be stacked among his strengths. His life would be full of tragedy and heartbreak, but from his perspective, that has only strengthened him as a person and has strengthened his sense of resolve. He is steadfast in who he is and he won't easily be convinced or changed. It's debatable whether he's even capable of changing. But he is still only human (that's from a character writing perspective, he can be an alien).

He did this in the Thanksgiving episode.

That wasn't a villain.

>A man would need to have a complex personality and moral self.
The real life assholes that constantly circulate through politics demonstrate that being a man doesn't necessarily mean having either.

Attached: hahaa.png (527x400, 245K)

The SU mindset in action, ladies and gentlemen.

That guy can change, he just doesn’t wanna because he’s a quitter.