What's the appeal of this comic?

what's the appeal of this comic?

Attached: wwj.jpg (451x518, 44K)

It's better at evoking the emotions it intends to evoke than easily 90% of fiction. The creator is exceptionally talented and it's incredible to see the results of his work.

20/30s adults who have no goals in their life seeing their reflection in every panel. everytime the story focuses on megg i feel awkward due to how it reminded me of my neet/deoressing days

It reminds me of a life I escaped. twice.

Yawning existential horror that speaks to the human condition in the 21st century, or more specifically the zoomer condition.

but why would i want more of that, i have plenty already

You know. The author is a tranny, so if you don't like it you're a Nazi.

You either see yourself in the characters or you go "Thank god thats not me."

Self-identification through the other.

Relate-able characters, very good storytelling.

Stop that. Aside from the fact that Simon doesn't identify as a woman, SJWs hate this comic after the Rape room and Owl rape comics.

>pandering to real men so (s)he can eat more dick
Pathetic.

It works because I would fuck Simon given the opportunity.

Attached: 1514340099055.jpg (640x480, 49K)

It's a secret anti-drugs comic that hooks alt-lifestyle people with it's indie style and then gives them a big mouthful of teetotaler leanings with it's anti-drugs/sex/alcohol abuse messages.

I hate like 98% of trannies but this comic is good shit

it's fun

Attached: tumblr_n4da7akWiO1s5e4c3o1_500.jpg (500x270, 50K)

Dumb people doing dumb things

It's got an indie/punk subversive feel to it, but doesn't pander to the people that are normally attracted to such things. It actively shits on the typical hipster/zoomer lifestyle, and you either get catharsis from watching it happen to people that deserve it or you hopefully get a dose of self-awareness and start learning to move on from a constant life of drugs, mindless sex, alcohol abuse and general slacker choices.

DUDE
WEED
LMAO

weed lmao

Reaction image gold.

Attached: F602A3A4-9BC0-44EF-8CA7-45F9E1CE8FB0.jpg (501x543, 42K)

He likes to cross dress, but that is about it. He identifies with his birth gender.

I fucking hate troons but I've liked MMO for years. I don't like his new super red eye designs and I don't like that he removed both the rape post-it note comic or the term 'rape' from Owl's Birthday.
Faggot ass shit right there.

bump

Slice of life desu

no other comic has such comfy atmosphere as simon illustrates them, even the houses as shitty as they look inside and sometimes outside i would love to live in one. also reading all their events reminds me of my neet days and how shitty i felt about myself. in a way im glad i didn't end up having friendships like them

Yeah he should have let the rape in. What the fuck.

literally none. I used to be into it so hard that I had my own collection with some of the stuff that even Yea Forums didn't collect, and I know that, because I checked the mega upload. I had a specifically prepared collection with some of the early mmo stuff from various zines, specials, and extras, deleted scenes, original scenes and takes. And I had it all. And it was before MMO in amsterdam, so still kinda fresh after Megahex, and yet I already had like a GB of the material. And at some point in my life I thought "why am I collecting this?". And I just deleted it all and didn't even blink

Trainwreck viewing. Kinda reminds me of being depressed, back when I was, so seeing some of the characters move through it is neat.
Plus some of it is just genuinely funny.

so it wasn't a mandela effect. i swore i read they mention they were gonna rape owl and i don't find the rape room anymore. i don't get simon sometimes. the entire story is one big crude joke and WWJ has more questionable morale than the rest of the cast like camming his 10 year old son but the rape is going far?

Attached: 20190908_142445.jpg (703x781, 383K)

It's just a pretty great sitcom.

YEAH!

scott pilgrim is TRAYSH!

is there a chronological order to read them?

Start with megahex. As an FYI this and many Fantagraphics titles are free on Hoopla if u have a US library card.

you are not depressed anymore? even if your gf cheated on you, you will never have kids, you will never achieve your dreams, and you will never have the job you always dreamed of?

>comfy
>slice of life
>navel-gazing
>hipster shit
It's a webcomic designed to appeal to directionless zoomers, because "LOL SO RELATABLE!" If you like stuff like Summer Camp Island, then it will probably interest you. If you hate shit like that, you'll probably hate this too. Same for anything else that the fans describe as "comfy". If it's "comfy", it's because there is nothing else positive the fans can say about it.

you can mope all day because your dream goals weren't realize or man up and find new goals. that's part of growing up

sucks to be a 3rd worlder

>you can mope all day because your dream goals weren't realize or man up and find new goals. that's part of growing up
keep telling yourself that. we'll see how you fare after another disappointment. and then another

omg, get over it. i grow so tired of people who only pity themselves and become total killjoys. newsflash, everyone is not having a good time but crying over the internet will not solve it but typing it all out won't change. stop being a baby

I've never read this up until half an hour ago and funny you should mention SCI because I got similair vibe. However, I just find this shit to be for stoners.

How old are you? Life is full of disappointments. That doesn't mean you should just stop.

>It's a webcomic
You're doing great. Your insight is really valued here.

lel, when you fall on your stupid face again, it's going to be exquisite

no one said about stopping. we're talking about depression

i can't help but think booger and megg are both simon's self insert interpreted in different facets

Comic would be better if it was about Werewolf Jones.

Attached: 1524401592168.jpg (341x370, 193K)

THIS

>no one said about stopping. we're talking about depression
What else is depression but being unable to face reality and move on?

They all are

no, what makes wwj awesome is how is not the main focus. i love him but if he becomes the main cast it will wear off what makes him likeable. is like how in some cartoons they start to shove a fan favorite to the point is annoying

About accepting that it's never going to get better

That's nothing to mope about. It's was just a personal delusion to think they will or should get better in the first place.

It's cheap soap opera for hipsters who think they're too smart for soap opera.

when's the next volume?

user, don't play mindgames with me

Not sure if u realize the one just dropped like last month? Otherwise he's busy with a lot more zines this year and I think Meg's Coven is next big one in a year or so?

the rape room comic is possibly the funniest thing hanselmann's ever done. rip

>All those movies with rape in the title
>One is just "Bill Cosby"

That shit was funny as fuck

>and I don't like that he removed both the rape post-it note comic or the term 'rape' from Owl's Birthday.

The fuck? He did. What a bitch.

I am afraid to ask but does the rape room is that scene where Megg, Mogg and WWJ raped Own for his party or I already missed some censoring shit here?

been out of the loop with works and travels. sorry.

Maybe this is a contrarian perspective, but I think "Owl's Birthday" is more effective with Mogg saying "do" instead of "rape." The former is more ominous because it's deliberately unclear, and it works better with Owl's confused reaction. He doesn't immediately grasp what Mogg is talking about, whereas saying "rape" is a tad blatant. Leaving it vague makes the ensuing horror and comedy more unexpected and shocking.

It's not like Hanselmann changed it to make it less offensive or whatever, considering that Owl still gets sexually assaulted as a prank. This was clearly a creative descision, given that Hanselmann has made it clear before that he doesn't give a shit about public pressure from twats on social media.

Attached: Shawt the fuck up Mordee.png (361x356, 120K)

it's the one where they cover his room in post it notes with movie titles changed to include rape

Die Hard = Rape Hard
The Godfather = The Rapefather

he brings a girl back who just told him she'd been raped, sees the room and breaks up with him immediately

>Dwarf Fortress Adventurer Mode.jpg

using "do" so owl's mention of rape could be taken more exaggerated since this is owl who we talking about in a way works but considering this is megg, mogg and wwj, the word "do" is too safe for them to use, they are more crude

I always thought it was just random reaction images
this is an actual comic? What is it even about? Where can I find it?

Crossdresses=/=transgender

He likes to dress in girls' clothes

it reminds me of when i used to have friends

I am a right winger and the comic is still pretty good IMO
Everyone has a different opinion tho

It's about four stoners wasting away on the edge of contemporary Seattle. It seems like it's going to be a wacky stoner comedy at the outset, but it's actually a pretty grim black comedy that delves into addiction, mental illness, and arrested development. There isn't exactly an overarching plot as much as it is glimpses into the lives of these grotesque people and their horrible lives (none of which the author is portraying in a favorable light, as you soon discover). Tonally it's very similar to the movies "Trainspotting" and "Gummo."

Attached: Gummo-Poster.jpg (1240x1754, 1.1M)

i like making reaction images out of panels

Attached: megg thinks you're a ding dong.jpg (303x436, 101K)

Attached: owl thinks you need to get your shit together.png (327x358, 214K)

Is it only on vice? Sounds interesting for a read and old enough to have plenty of stuff to read too. Somehow the website feels like it's giving me random unassorted strips though. Like I'm reading a fiftfh one and suddenly I see something beneath that is continuin on something from before.

Don't be? I was just trying to catch you up

Attached: owl expresses self loathing.jpg (403x461, 138K)

No only a few single pages have been on vice. There are volumes sold at book and comic stores and zines he sells himself

in appreciate your reply, im gonna be looking around to get the rest of the books. i only have megahex. let's hope amazon has them

Fuck, I was hoping to find a place to read like a fuckton of strips together, lazy webcomic style.

seattle? i always thought they were in some australian equivalent of some american suburban neighborhood

it used to be tasmania but simon retconned it to seattle

they also used to be 80s kids, but now they're 90s kids. it's possible there's actually two sets of Meggs, Moggs, and Owls, an older Australian version and the younger American ones.

That or it's an alternative universe.

Or simon just doesn't care.

Attached: woman shits out an entire cat.png (261x300, 137K)

There's a Dropbox folder with the entire series that's been kicked around in past threads I'd suggest taking a look at the archive.

>Or simon just doesn't care.
im really inclined to believe that. is hard to keep a comic relevant unless you make a few retcons for new audiences. whichever they are at least the way he draws the places are good to look at

>it's possible there's actually two sets of Meggs, Moggs, and Owls, an older Australian version and the younger American ones.

>That or it's an alternative universe.

Mike is on a loop, like Moira. We're seeing the gang through various lives, and timeframes, through which by virtue of Mike's simply observing them have irreparably divergent consequences.

Attached: 8175F32D-4644-4CFC-A14E-B99A43A5544B.jpg (1939x1647, 891K)

Attached: 1393820392889.jpg (1280x1826, 866K)

Would totally wreck Meg. She seems like she needs it.

Simon just does whatever he feels like. Something I've noticed about MMO is that he's not making this comic for anyone other than himself. He's just making bizarre, poignant art and there's no specific audience. You could say it's aimed at 20-something zoomers who read Vice, but it's really just him presenting these characters to the world and letting any on-lookers make their own judgements.

Wouldn't recommend it. It's shown many times that she doesn't regularly shower or change her clothes, and she lives in a squalid house filled with garbage. In all likelihood, she reeks of stale sweat and cheap, shitty weed. She's probably also diseased from having sex with Booger (who it's mentioned once had caught Herpes from WWJ).
t.spent time around long-term stoner chicks

Attached: 1564797049804.png (1420x734, 2.11M)

Filthy house, unwashed body, stds, greasy clothes, drug addiction, and a myriad of avoidance and coping mechanisms that eventually cause you to stab her.

so will megg and mogg break up for good? i feel like booger is the better option for megg, not only she has a bigger dick than mogg but booger can understand megg better

Booger is shitty coward. He's willing to try to steal Megg from Mogg but only in hiding. When Mogg turned out to be watching he ran away with insincere apologies.

Mogg is a terrible boyfriend who barely tries, but he never cheated on Megg. I really liked that scene where Megg tried to ease into breaking up with him only for him to say he's willing to try to improve things. It really put a light on what a shitty girlfriend Megg is. Mogg isn't the sole source of bullshit.

Shitty people deserve each other to either improve each other or keep others away from themselves.

Attached: co.jpg (400x400, 160K)

i mean neither boogie nor mogg are the best option for megg but at least boogie takes her to other places that's not the usual 7/11 and staying at home to get high/drunk till dawn which not recommended for someone with depression. the approach may not be the proper way but neither megg stopped the cheating.

>poignant art
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, that's what I said. MM&O explores a dark, unsavory dimension of life in the 2010's that most media doesn't touch on. The way it portrays alienation, depression, addiction, and the fear of growing up is more true to life than brainlet detractors like you realize. It strikes a nerve if you've ever been unsure of where to turn with your life as you've gotten older. I'm sorry you're a sheltered normie dipshit who can't grapple with any art that's unconventional or makes you uncomfortable.

Attached: wwj_extras.jpg (640x718, 91K)