IT'S JUST A CARTOON BRO

>IT'S JUST A CARTOON BRO
is there worse argument?

Attached: ED_iiSmUwAAkYyN.jpg (1054x1117, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/OhJeeToriG/status/1170903526618189824?s=20
youtube.com/watch?v=_V6D1JBdA2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

>its just a kid's show

It's just Yea Forums non definitive pronoun

This. Kids are the one demographic that should have better shit. Being a kids' show should be the reason to do better.

Aren't these pretty much the exact same though? Ultimately just excusing lazy writing because "hey man, it's *insert medium here*"

Says who?

Me. You can tell because I said it.

it's just a dumb argument - move on

>tattoos

>is there worse argument?
I can name a few equally bad ones

>It wasn't made for you
>________ has always been political
>representation matters because _______
>who cares? It made a lot of money
>just turn your brain off bro

No you didn’t

Do I need a Yea Forums pass to get better replies, or am I stuck with this crap?

Says basic logic.
For adults, tv is just a form of relax and entertainment.
For kids tv is a window into culture and the world at large. Sure, children don't literally imitate everything they see, but they still learn a lot about interpersonal interaction, societal norms, morals from stories they are told and shown.

Additionally. A higher quality of entertainment in youth helps foster a greater appreciation of the medium later in life.

I'm willing to accept this argument if the show's writers/artists are willing to admit that they're not professionals.

Prove you said that

>>________ has always been political
>>representation matters because _______
Thanks uncle /pol/

I've seen far FAR more left leaning people use that argument then I have anyone from /pol/

I mean.
It's basically the same thing as 'LEL IT WAS JUST A JOKE, LIGHTEN UP LMAO'. You can say it just about anything, and it becomes very annoying very fucking fast.

But at the same time it is actually true. Everything is 'just' something. Worrying too much about anything is an antithesis of life. It'll all be fucking gone, it won't take much time. So yes. Even though SU is a cartoon that you might hate, you can rest easy, because it's 'just' a cartoon; it has no real impact on anything. And even that impact will be lessened over time, to the point, where no one can even remember what was the impact or meaning.

Attached: akbaa.jpg (1390x1390, 273K)

Come on, man. It's just a cartoon or kids show. Nothing to get excited over.

its the most logical.

If you didn't notice, that poster was saying that "representation matters because ______" is a bad argument.

As someone who works in cartoons, the "argument" is worrisome.

On one hand people who dedicate their lives to the craft would like to believe the end product is meaningful and valuable. However realities like working on bad shit to pay the bills comes into play as well as the other compromises that result from such an expensive, time-consuming process.

Saying "it's just a cartoon" is like saying "I'm not proud of this, it could have been better, but I'm mad at you for pointing that out." If someone is bootyblasted by criticism from fans, they're free to ignore them.

It's only just a cartoon because you didn't aspire to make it more than that, you lazy bitch

Attached: Cancer.jpg (453x240, 36K)

I seriously think learning to ignore shit is a lost art

Attached: feels bad dog.jpg (350x282, 17K)

LOL
How old are you, lad?

Personally, I don't think people who say this mean to belittle the topic of discussion. Of course people working in the "industry" care about their craft. The best way to interpret this statement is:
It's not reality. It's entertainment. I'm sure they get enough shit from the people they have to work with. The people most offended by this would be animation "fans", or more aptly the people who have little to no direct hand in the production process but spend a significant amount of time analyzing the end product.

You can replace "cartoon" with "tv show", "movie", "game", etc.

Personally, I think the best way to voice your distaste with a product is to not voice it at all, or direct your attention to competing venues.

but they're not wrong, though. there are key viewer demographics that the higher-ups want to aim for, I think? No way in hell can I ever bring up current kid's cartoons in the workplace. Maybe I can talk about older cartoons for nostalgia, but watching kid's cartoons without the excuse of kids or siblings? Nah, what a quick fucking way to kill a conversation.

>hey I don't take my job seriously why should you?

It's just a show, you should really just relax, user.

Well i meanC Capes HAVR always been political, but they’re garbage so its a moot point anyways

It's just a drawing, don't mind it circulating without source to the creator and it having a watermark

If it's just a cartoon, why do you need a union to make it?

>If you don't like it, then why did you watch it?

Well, it IS a bad argument. It's an argument fueled by ideology rather than artistic integrity.

>The best way to interpret this statement is:
It's not reality. It's entertainment.
That's the escapist view of media. The escapist separates fantasy from reality. The opposite view can be referred to as "reflective": art/fantasy must reflect life/reality. Typically, a reflective creator who encounters criticism of their work, will only embrace the escapist view when they can use it as a shield to protect their ego. If the creator claims that the critic can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality, then the creator wins the argument.

>Personally, I think the best way to voice your distaste with a product is to not voice it at all
Possibly the worst take I've ever heard in regard to product satisfaction. If you purchase a sofa and it arrives to your door torn to shreds, would you just look the other way?

>IT'S JUST SATIRE

“It’s not for you.”

>[personal insult]

Attached: images (22).jpg (512x288, 17K)

The difference is "it's just a cartoon" is a perfectly valid response to invalidate people who want artists and writers publicly executed for creating crimes with the "wrong" victim in their fiction.

- pretending that subjective things are objective and can be won with "arguments".
- having "arguments" about cartoons.
- depiction of (bad thing) is equivalent to endorsement of (bad thing).
- projecting traits of a character on the creator of the character
- projecting traits of the creator on the characters
- think of the children! (suprisingly common on Yea Forums lately)

>all media ever created should appeal to me specifically
>anything that doesn't appeal to me is bad and must be destroyed

"You're an SJW/zoomer/cuck".

It's true, though. It's the only way to keep cartoons out of the culture wars.

I wouldn't say that it should appeal to me and only to me, but if a show cannot appeal to a broad demographic, one that I am likely part of, then it doesn't tend to be that good.

>2000s
>SJW's autistic screeching
>/pol/: It's just a cartoon/game lol

>2010s
>/pol/'s autistic screeching
>SJWs: It's just a cartoon/game lol

It was never a valid argument. Both sides should just shut the fuck up if it was.

>2000s
SJWs didnt exist back then, stupid. Not the same way they exist now. They weren't artistically screeching about cartoons. They were holding up signs to save the whales and end world hunger. They didnt care about cartoons. Conservatives did. Soccer moms. Religious types.

*disgusting picture of man raping a toddler*

IT'S JUST A CARTOON BRO

Cuck faggot

that's a good reply to a lot of complaints people bellyache about

if you aren't an artist your criticisms of productions are likely based in ignorance and personal opinion

Kids shows should always strive better because they have an influence on them as kids themselves are not aware yet that they are being programmed. I would never let my kids watch something I did not agree with. Which in turn they may rebel against or fall in line with me depending on how they respect me as a parent.

I'm seeing this more and more as I work on my own projects while also seeing my niece grow up.
She's 5 now and I'm suddenly hyperaware of what media she consumes. Which shows have characters I wouldn't want her emulating (Total Dramarama for example), what parts in movies kids will repeat ad nauseum etc

>its ok for Australia to arrest people for fapping to drawings of flat chested girls because "its not just a cartoon"

That sounds like blind elitism.

On the contrary, shows that appeal to a broad demographic tend to be safe and bland. I'd rather have a show appeal to a specific niche audience and do it well.

Its just cartoon OP. If you don't like it, making something better you whiny little shit.

Who are You?

I think as more brands sink into primal marketing, they're awakening an unintended side effect: Some fans will find a way to really find depth where there is none in a product made by craftsmen who, while they may care about their work, don't think about it in the same way as literal religious fervor. Because that's what brands are, they're religion, every story out there a sermon for followers. Companies do this because they think it'll give them more control over consumers, but its the craftsmen that take the brunt of complaints from the consumers that want to have their own little Lutheran revolution.

I think its a case where its people who logically think their work is harmless expressing that sentiment, and ultimately they SHOULD be right. People shouldn't need to get so worked up over any fiction that they become antagonistic. The reality, though, is that I think this is a problem that's only going to get worse and worse until people start dying.

>user, that's retarded, that'll never happen.
The Kyoani fire where that literally did happen is a good example of what's to come.

Attached: 1511716979574.jpg (847x2086, 891K)

At a certain age, you have to take responsibility for what youth that may be in your charge consume as it will affect them in their formative years. As a creator myself I want to also make something I would not be ashamed of exposing to kids. The major point is that you are aware of it. You may never be in control of what they watch but you are in control of how you teach them to perceive what they watch.

>I'm sure they get enough shit from the people they have to work with.
oh shut up

Best post in the thread.

>Personally, I think the best way to voice your distaste with a product is to not voice it at all, or direct your attention to competing venues.
No, I'd rather tell them it's trash. Example, Johnny Test is trash TV.

I've had perfectly fine conversations about kids shows at my job without any social repercussions.
I've talked about Star Vs, Steven Universe, Wander Over Yonder and SpongeBob.

Fuck, a lot of my co-workers love quoting SpongeBob.
I'm sorry you work with a bunch of stuck up assholes, user.

>revive show so old that nobody cares except adults
>bank heavily on nostalgia as the selling point
>make utter trash completely devoid of anything that made the original good
>old fans don't like it
>kids are ambivalent towards it
>call the adults entitled pricks and tell them that it wasn't made for them anyway
>say it doesn't matter what kids think because "it's just a kids show"

I can think of few things sadder than this.
If you can't do a revived show justice, why even do that? Why not come up with your own original setting if you can't handle being faithful to it?

Attached: pablo-picasso-head-of-dead-woman-1902.jpg (568x757, 156K)

>Surprisingly common on Yea Forums lately
Well, most of it became a more marketable "4channel", which opened the floodgates to more normie views

Normies dont shoot mosques or kill people for that matter.Really happy to make violent hipster loose their safe space

This post is a cool Cyberpunk novel, if nothing else.

The senior tech support guy at my office has a mug with a skimpy clothed loli and names all his admin accounts after anime characters.
Everybody loves the guy, he's the single coolest dude in the the building.

NuShe-Ra is pretty garbage.

(not the guy you were responding to, to clarify. I'm just agreeing that you can absolutely engage in geeky behavior without being ostracized)

That's not having a conversation about current cartoons, my dude. That's called an obsession and that can and will have social repercussions.

I'm sorry your parents were failures, user.

>I think its a case where its people who logically think their work is harmless
I dont believe that's a logical thought at all. A cartoon or video game or film all have the potential to affect people on a profound level, positively or negatively. That's something that more creators need to be aware of and keep in mind. Far too often you'll encounter the situation where a creator doesn't expect fan reaction to be as large and intense as it is. They underestimate the fervor of the fandom. But that's ignorance on behalf of the creator. Human nature dictates the mob mentality that we've witnessed in action for over 50 years now (since the era of Beatlemania, essentially).

>ultimately they SHOULD be right. People shouldn't need to get so worked up over any fiction that they become antagonistic.
What should and shouldn't be are meaningless positions of opinion. What matters is the nature of the beast. The beast is fanaticism. The inability of creators to handle fanaticism properly is what creates a lot of the problems we see today in entertainment.

Depends on the context.
If it's being directed at some autistic faggot screeching about something that doesn't personally fly with them then it's fine.
If it's used to handwave their own incompetence after fucking up then yeah it's shit.

>Says basic logic.
None of the shows that Yea Forums bitch and moan about are hated by my kid or my nephews/nieces.
>Additionally. A higher quality of entertainment in youth helps foster a greater appreciation of the medium later in life.
Nothing about this board shows that. Being a jaded shit just makes you a jaded shit

Who decides the context? You? Me? A jury of our peers? That's a dumb opinion you have there, boy

>Who decides the context?

Taking a moment to look at facts?

in 2019?

You're right. I am being pretty silly right now.

Something that's a legitimate fuckup in your opinion, could just be perceived of as autistic screeching by someone else. "Facts" my ass.

It could be, but it depends on how well I can back up and validate my issues. If I can't then I'd be in the wrong. If others are unwilling to acknowledge evidence then they'd be in the wrong.
But sure, lot of grey area, so best course is probably to avoid sperging on social media altogether. If a show is going to shit for you then just drop and walk away. If your show is being criticised/insulted, either quietly consider what's being said or don't.

I think that in particular has its place as a "argument" when idiots start blowing something in one up to world-ending proportions and lose their composure about it, you know like the crazies being mad that Rose Quartz was Pink Diamond because it robbed them of good "representation".

Personally i find "DON'T LIKE IT DON'T BUY IT!" garbage since it acts as if people have clairvoyance and can't be misled by marketing and other people into getting something they end up hating.

>or kill people for that matter
Oh shit, you seem to believe that killing people hasn't been a regular thing throughout the entire human existence and that constant wars isn't the norm for humanity.

>the website 4channel in the board comics and cartoons is full of degenerates and cynical fellows

Your kids probably wouldn't complain if you fed them nothing but sweets and fast food.
Just because they enjoy something, doesn't mean it's good for them in the long run
disclaimer: I think that Yea Forums has warped priorities, and the shows they bitch and moan about are actually pretty decent

>I think the shows Yea Forums bitch and moan about are actually pretty decent
Now THAT's warped.

Absolutely this 100%.
If a cartoonist or animator considers what they make "just a cartoon" then obviously they don't respect what they do and think that it has little to no merit. It would be like an architect saying "it's just a building". Sure there isn't anything wrong with thinking that way, but why the hell would they be an architect if they didn't care about it.

You should know by now that it's always just a stepping stone towards them getting their own show (for no legitimate reason other than connections).

Yes, he's referring to the average whiner on the internet who has no credentials or understanding yet feels the need to engage in blind elitism.

Attached: animation industry.png (576x448, 15K)

So what makes their pet project not just a cartoon?

It's just real life, yo.

It wouldnt be so bad if the people who used it actually meant it but they then turn around and contradict themselves when a cartoon does something THEY dont like

That's not cyberpunk, user, that's just reality.

>2000
>SJWs

Attached: AC8379E1-9738-4F71-B81F-EA29BF808828.jpg (210x240, 14K)

It IS a bad argument

Go back to furry twitter

Go back to twitter.

Reading this thread is funny.Tell me, if an sjw-type was complaining about how your favorite show/comic/anime had too much scantily-clad women, what are you going to tell them in response?
If someone is screeching about how the show is awful because a gay ship didn't become canon, what are you going to tell them?
If someone upset because the show had right-leaning politics and a white cast, what are you going to tell them?

Be honest, what you'd say would be the same if the situations were reversed. The same arguments you guys are upset about.

*was upset

fpbp
god I hate big jim

All of these are worse than "it's for kids" that's for sure. The "it's for kids" argument at least concedes that it's being written for children.

I can answer that
>if an sjw-type was complaining about how your favorite show/comic/anime had too much scantily-clad women, what are you going to tell them in response?
Be a faggot somewhere else
>If someone is screeching about how the show is awful because a gay ship didn't become canon, what are you going to tell them?
Fuck off shipping faggot
>If someone upset because the show had right-leaning politics and a white cast, what are you going to tell them?
Fuck off Tyrone.

>fanbase autistically analyzes every single aspect of a show
>decide to point out a flaw in the writing
>"lol why do you care bro its just a kids show xD"
makes me seethe every fucking time

"It's just a cartoon" is a valid response to nit-picky or simply inappropriate criticism.
You don't criticize pop music for lacking the complexity of a symphony.

>what are you going to tell them in response?
Why is that bad and do the semi-nude women fit thematically or not?
>gay ship not canon
Does it make sense for them to be canon or does the story benefit from them finding other lovers.
>politics
Go kill yourself
>trying to reversed these changes my questions
Not really. I'm all for people discussing stories but if you have some pre-baked butthurt reasons then that's you.

I dunno who this is but she looks fuckable.
Would it be rude of me to draw her taking the knot and showing it to the original source material by saying that it's only a cartoon?

There are MANY instances where this is a viable thing to say. Just take a look at fandoms and you will see how "it´s just a cartoon" is something that people need to learn.

Or take a look at the autistic people who obssess over it, and make it part of their identity like the worse Bronies, or the people who demand kid entertainment to change to appeal to them regardless of what kids like.

Attached: Hax.png (597x513, 550K)

Depends on the context.
>YOU CAN'T DO THAT, IT'S IMMORAL
"It's just [art]" is valid.
>This is bad, and here is why.
"It's just [art]" is not valid.

There's a big difference between things being political and writing shit agitprop.

Captain America having certain beliefs and talking about them in the stories, or ASM trying to fight racism by depicting attitudes a certain way, is completely different from America Chavez just dropping its agenda on your lap with no skill or meaning. Where Hobie Brown is shown to be in a bad place because of a mildly racist boss but still has culpability in his life situation, the shit people complain about just has entirely boring, vapid strawmen designed to strike egos.

May I lewd such cartoon?

"It's just a cartoon." is not an arguement. It's just somebody telling you to stop being a hysterical mentally-ill obsessive.
No, I'm not saying you can't be critical. There's a difference between sane criticism and throwing a tantrum over every little thing you hate like manbaby. Oh, why do I even bother. Hopefully, I got through to at least one of you.

I agree with you. It does irk me when people say "it's just a cartoon", but I know they just mean what you said. I honestly don't believe that anyone who says "it's just a cartoon" means it in the same way as denouncing criticism.

Sure, that's what it is, but it lacks consistency. See the same people telling you that Star Wars is a series of films about space wizards for kids, then crying about people liking the Empire or the First Order because they're fascists. Sure, it's just a cartoon, it's just an entertaining film, it's just whatever, but "it's just X" flies out the window the moment they get upset.

people THINK it carries any fucking weight is the issue. People who use it just as much as those who hate to hear it.

Prove you exist fucko.

>Artist's dream is to work in animation
>Put in years of effort to get the chance to make cartoons
>Get a little criticism
>"It's just a cartoon, who cares."
I feel bad for these people who are so spineless they're willing to piss on and devalue their own dream just to win an argument on the internet.

Nah, those are both perfectly reasonable arguments. Some people take this shit way too seriously.

The fact that there are several dozen youtube videos out there of grownass men screeching about Sponge Bob episodes being too mean spirited is as funny as it is sad

Whatever happened to the retort "get a life"? It gets to the heart of the problem and specifically directs it at whatever grognard is complaining.

Thats what I tell myself when I send my torture porm spinoff to creator of series via Twitter PM.

Pot calling the kettle black?

Attached: 1567969995694.jpg (768x1024, 235K)

FPBP. Kids who watch garbage shows become adults who love garbage shows

Cartoons are for kids.

If he's the coolest guy you must be surrounded by some truly crippled autists

I hope you realize that your arguing on the side of "video games make people violent"

So because people are retards, we should censor and limit ourselves. Cause make any argument you want but there is still a group of people who will act weird and insane weather it's toward this cartoon or another.

yes

>you aren't the target

>itt
>this shitty flash cartoon made by a studio in india with a budget equal too buying a box of tick tacks should be able too hold up with my expectations of something with 4x the budget, resources, and production time
>why
>Fuck you that's why

>If you don't like it, then why do you keep watching it?

people who get this argument aren't people who really understand how to analyze fiction

I think that argument is valid for when faggots get mad about the show teaching good values.

This is gonna sound sarcastic but this rly did make me think

>Pedo draws loli art
>IT'S JUST A CARTOON BRO

Perfect argument. Let the guy continue drawing!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
FUCK YOU JIM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 300.jpg (500x738, 40K)

>2000s
>SJWs
In what timeline do you live?

Attached: Bugs_is_very_shook.jpg (541x541, 33K)

Based

It's also a shitty excuse because of fucking course it's a kids cartoon, kids entertainment has monopolized all animation that isn't raunchy Family Guy shit. If I want quality cartoons, I have to look outside the fucking country for some. It's ridiculous. You would think these people who aspire to be cartoonists and know they have to work in the limitations of a kids story in order to get a show would at least fucking try.

Finally someone with intelligence in this thread.

Cool bait, yo. Nevermind the fact that adult cartoons like Futurama and King of the Hill exist

Attached: cff.png (625x626, 65K)

Also, Captain America was political in a polarizing sense. He would go as far as to defend a neo nazi's freedom of speech whereas now-a-days, superhero dialogue is only "acceptable" political views.

Nice.

>your arguing on the side of "video games make people violent"
That's an oversimplification. Modern media farms for outrage. Entertainment farms for a wider audience. What happens when you combine a larger fanbase and outrage? You get a volatile fanbase. A volatile fanbase isn't necessarily violent, but you increase the chances for violence with repeated outrage. None of this has to do with violence depicted in video games, by the way. That's bullshit.

Sadly, yes. We have federal laws in place because retards don't respect boundaries or adhere to social norms. When you walk into a bathroom and you see a sign that says "employees must wash hands," it's because for a long time, employees were too stupid to wash their hands after taking a shit or a piss and people inevitably got sick. These kinds of regulations apply to all things in society. And it's because of retards that we need these regulations.

Attached: 1565902008266.jpg (750x498, 28K)

If you have any kind of drawing ability and you AREN'T making loli art, then just what are you even doing with your life?

Yes but those things can be qualified and traced. Doesn't wash hands = people get sick. How the hell are you gonna limit creativity when anything possible can hook some sperg and if you make 100% safe no one will care so the effort is pointless. People are people and you can only control so much before it becomes just herding meat robots.

I think calling it a kid's show is more encompassing.

OP asked for a worse argument, I gave him one.

>How the hell are you gonna limit creativity when anything possible can hook some sperg
Yeah that's exactly the heart of the problem. Everyone has their own answer. Personally, I'm against censorship in pretty much every form. But retards gonna retard and hold the rest of us back.

>"Just watch porn".

Attached: b6b5lvejAuXDGSD_5kHMO8ENaCfsbHfhGvCP4UjAbYc.jpg (189x330, 11K)

The problem is when "it's just a kids' show/movie/etc" is used to excuse extremely poor quality. It's the kind of argument I see people use to defend the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon and The Last Jedi.

>if an sjw-type was complaining about how your favorite show/comic/anime had too much scantily-clad women, what are you going to tell them in response?
There's nothing wrong with sexy women.

>If someone is screeching about how the show is awful because a gay ship didn't become canon, what are you going to tell them?
Entertainment doesn't revolve around shipping, gay or straight.

>If someone upset because the show had right-leaning politics
In other words, a unicorn.

>and a white cast, what are you going to tell them?
It's ok to be white.

I think didn't know it was one. If you put it in greentext, it was probably more understandable.

>this guy gets mad over cartoons

Attached: 1568004957217.png (907x646, 142K)

What is this supposed to mean? There are a lot of context where this is a good argument. Like cheesecake threads, or other fapbait posts. Literally just watch porn.

Enjoy your AIDS

There's a big difference between criticizing something and censoring it. Just because your cartoon is overwhelmingly shitcanned doesn't mean that it's being censored

(Forgot who I was replying to, so I'm replying to you.)

FPBP god forbid we try to teach children standards

Can anybody tell who is this person ?

God I fucking loathe anyone who says this.
>Jeez don't get so worked up, it's JUST a cartoon!
>It's JUST a children's television show made with a craft I'm passionate about and have spent countless hours learning and practicing!
>It's JUST my life's work and my job that I claim to love and enjoy so much!

The worst thing is that it's always, and I mean ALWAYS the same people who say this and then, on other days, also say that "all cartoons are art" and that animation should be a more respected medium and all that. Which is it? You can't fucking switch back and forth from "it's just a silly cartoon" and "all cartoons are art guys!! why didn't you support spiderverse enough"

Why do you get to enjoy cartoons and treat it as a genuine passion of yours, but I don't because I don't have the proverbial cocks of their creators in my mouth 24/7? What these people need to realize is that you can be passionate about something in more ways than just liking it. If you see something in animation that you don't like, you should be allowed to at least talk about it without a bunch of smug industry artists seeing it as a free pass to start shitting on you and calling you a neckbeard virgin or some variant of that.

Just because the people with complaints aren't the target audience selected by soulless corporate businessmen, it doesn't mean they don't get an opinion.

Attached: 1448625829143.jpg (358x449, 26K)

There is nothing wrong with adding sex appeal to entertainment. It doesn't have go be quarantined off to some other dark corner of the internet just because it makes you feel icky.

You can already guess a few things about her personality just from that image alone.

twitter.com/OhJeeToriG/status/1170903526618189824?s=20

Let me know if any of this surprises you.

>this is a perfect representation of X we really need more like this in our current fascist existence
>fuck off
>IT'S FOR KIDS BRO WHY SO SERIOUS

>There is nothing wrong with adding sex appeal to entertainment.
No one wants or needs constant discussion about your shit tier fetishes.

I dont see why any artist would want to be a fucking animator

>No one wants or needs constant discussion about your shit tier fetishes.
Clearly some people want that discussion if it happens all day every day. If you're so unhappy about it, go to resetera or some other place.

>Futurama
>adult cartoon

go outside

dilate

>go to McDonald
>get McDonald quality food.
>be mad thats its something better

You have no one to blame but yourself

Attached: tyler.gif (480x265, 3.06M)

Some nobody from twitter.

Attached: literally who.png (1312x1264, 343K)

why fucking bother

OP made a post to generate an emotional or aggressive response on the internet

dumb bitch

this is a fine response looking at the manchildren literally chimping out over a fucking cartoon
youtube.com/watch?v=_V6D1JBdA2s

Just looked into the context, apparently the person who drew the OP's image got death threats for not making horse show ships canon or something like that.
Everything in my post no longer applies when it comes to this intense faggotry, shippingfags are the absolute worst. It does feel oddly nostalgic to hear that ponyfags are still doing crazy shit to this day though, I sometimes forget that they existed at all.

So what your saying OP is an asshurt brony fag that his toy commercial made for small girls wasn't up to his standards?

Attached: Need+more+smug+post+smug+please+ty_716494_6738164.jpg (1200x1007, 77K)

In case she decided to check this thread out of curiosity, I have a message for her: death threats aren't a new thing, sweetheart. If you can't handle a few bad eggs from time to time, get out of the kitchen. Your emotional weakness just makes the rest of your community look bad.

>the person who drew the OP's image got death threats
Did she, though? I know that's what she said, but did she really?

Based and cartoon pilled

I doubt it, she's probably just looking for easy attention.

is it really so unbelievable
i imagine tv cartoonists get death threats all the time, their "fanbase" are 90% spergs

Are you implying that your image dump fap threads are actually discussion?

>I have a message for her: death threats aren't a new thing, sweetheart. If you can't handle a few bad eggs from time to time, get out of the kitchen.

So how many death threats have you gotten in your life?

I'd imagine the more important people like Lauren Faust would get some regardless, but not some literal who

See That user used "discussion" first. Not me. Reply to them instead. If you're the same guy, stop moving goalposts.

its the fucking brony community. its a bunch of mentally ill-man children. Its a bunch of fanatical autists. This whole thread is created because his children's toy commercial didn't meet his standards.

Attached: squid.jpg (512x384, 22K)

She comes off as a douchy and pompous person with no real passion for the animation industry. It's often seen as OK when people get mad over live-action stuff, but when it's animation:
>bruh it's just a cartoon, y u mad?
But you know, I'd be passionless about animation too if my IMDB is only some literal who-show from Canada and the horse show.

Attached: 1540397035635s.jpg (250x187, 7K)

It's the Internet, everyone gets told to either kill themselves or that someone's gonna kill them, if you haven't, then you're the outlier

No. I'm someone else.

Yeah it's unbelievable coming from a woman on twitter. Their definition of what constitutes a death threat, and what constitutes harassment are very vague and loose, which tends to give them more opportunity to cry wolf.

Not an argument. I'm not in the animation industry.

I haven't seen any proof or anything but I expect nothing less from ponyfags. People even send regular no-name artists death threats nowadays when they draw something they don't like or agree with, and there was even that one artist at a con who received a cookie with a hidden needle baked into it for drawing a bad Undertale ship or something like that. People are crazy, user.
Storyboarders often have a following of their own nowadays, it isn't just a show's creator who's well-known anymore.

>death threats aren't a new thing

And the response has always been "It's just a cartoon, grow up". Animaniacs had a whole episode...

>Okay you do it better
Is far far worse, because at least they're right in your example, it really is just a cartoon and ultimately not very important.

>It's the Internet, everyone gets told to either kill themselves or that someone's gonna kill them.

Except me the fucking nobody on the internet whose either anonymous, or using a handle. vs the person who online identity is themselves. I'd imagine its not a 1:1 feeling.

>Not an argument. I'm not in the animation industry.

So your statement has no relevancy. You getting death threats from tyrone/chad on xbox live doesn't apply here.

Attached: super_smug.jpg (357x312, 29K)

At the same time, I'm tired of people trying to use Cartoons or any media as a scapegoat for everything from lazy parenting to poor life choices. In that sense the critic is right that people should remember it's a cartoon and more goes into influencing kids than them watching it.

I dont need to be a brain surgeon to understand that brain surgery comes with its own set of stresses and job risks. But a brain surgeon SHOULD have the skills needed to cope with the stress of the job. Likewise, an animator, or anyone who works in entertainment for that matter, SHOULD be able to cope with the stress of being a celebrity, or being known on social media. That's just how it is.

Fuck that. People should take responsibility for their own behavior. I shouldn't feel like I can't write certain things because some idiot parent was too lazy to teach her kid the difference between reality and fiction, or that some mentally stunted shipper will attack people if their ship gets ignored.

Oh shit, the buzzword I guess you're right, fapbait threads don't belong on /aco/ because someone called me a tranny on the internet

"Fuck off don't watch it" to all four.

What people should do is irrelevant. You need to understand what they will do and plan accordingly.

I like the argument that a tv show is just for kids when you talk about modern american cartoons.
They aren't for kids. They aren't for adults either.
Their for a weird incestuous group of lunatics an no one else.

And how shitty they are and off putting some of the ideals behind the eps make this fact very apparent.

I'm not their parent, guardian, significant other or caretaker in any sense, and they're not mine. So no I don't.

Why do you insist on people taking responsibility for their actions, yet you refuse to put any responsibility on yourself?

What responsiblity are you insisting I should take? That if I write a romcom and some asshole gets buttblasted enough to send death threats over their ship or hurt themselves, it's my fault they're far too invested for their health?

That one at least makes sense.

Meant with people saying that after someone says they disliked a single episode or movie or something, like they should have been able to predict the future and know exactly why they shouldn't waste their time on it in advance.

>What responsiblity are you insisting I should take?
You take responsibility for your bad writing and bowing to executive meddling. You understand that your job comes with good aspects and bad (trolls and death threats) and you behave like an adult by avoiding social media drama and avoid behaving like a diva.

If you honestly believe you have NO responsibilities as a creator, then you might be a sociopath.

I fucking hate this bullshit.
My dad always used to pull it out instead of being fun and trying to rationalize with me.
Dumb old asshole.

She pulled the old "You guys really missed the point of this!" and then muted the tweet, so now she's a complete buster who shouldn't be listened to twice over.

This one for anything. Doesn't matter what board you go on this one right here is a universal fuck you.

>starts a conversation
>closes it when it doesn't go her way

I fucking hate that the animation landscape right now is littered with people like this.

>by avoiding social media drama and avoid behaving like a div
That's not the same as taking responsibility for special needs kids who happened to live past the age of 10.

>storyboard revisionist
Is that really considered working in animation? That's like calling a studio assistant who primes the canvas for the actual artist a painter

How many people you think say "it's just a cartoon lol" turn around and sperg out about how important it is that shows introduce kids to gay lesbian shit?

I only have a responsiblity to writing the best story i can. If i had to worry about appealing every sjw, alt righter and manchild i wouldnt be able to write a damn thing because they'll always find something to bitch about. Avoiding social media drama also means not giving some mentally stunted shipper or fanboy ammo by engaging them when they throw a tantrum.

Your assuming that user's only experience with the net is Yea Forums.
Death threats are as common on the net as words.
They honestly shouldnt be taken seriously.

>________ has always been political
>representation matters because _______

Lol these are what we call "facts" /pol/tard.

Yes
>SU is a good cartoon and not tranny gay sex propaganda targeted at kids at all
>SU is a movie and this is Yea Forums, so it's alright to shit up the board with it

Keep your cancer contained.

its from what i seen the only comment that stops people from stabbing someone over if a character should be gay or not

If someone's actually crazy enough to stab someone over a cartoon and isn't just talking big on the Internet, then they're also crazy enough that pointing out the absurdity isn't going to do anything

The storyboard revisionist is an in-betweener essentially, they have to have all the same knowledge the board artists do

I hope you fuckers realize, you're ultimately arguing in favor of some weird butterfly effect driven authoritarianism.

It's hilarious, considering you probably wouldn't capitulate to this bullshit if it started effecting you in any significant capacity; if it reached even "more" absurd levels of "cause and effect", "action and reaction", "correlation,causation".

Hypothetically speaking, what if I could 100% establish that you merely breathing leads to other peoples death/harm, would you stop breathing?

I've been down the hole of your logic and it almost lead to my insanity. Eventually you're going to have to learn to say "FUCK IT" to other people's suffering in favor of yourself

>where's YOUR cartoon?