The Dark Crystal

This show is a triumph but it won't be renewed if you don't tell your family and friends about it

Attached: skeksil.jpg (1200x540, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsbeat.com/dark-crystal-age-of-resistance-comic-series-preview/
youtube.com/watch?v=-VDuLiqCmDE
wetanz.com/shop/figures/hup-the-podling
youtu.be/Gg1ov9ieOho
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>All Gelfling lose or few Gelfling lose all! War is end!
>Unless we win!
You know, it's kinda weird watching this series when you already know that every Gelfing outside of just two are gonna be completely wiped out by the end.

Attached: 1427873542865.gif (368x270, 2.5M)

Gurjin

>>Oats a Nay Sword
>>Oats a spoon! SILLY SPOON!!!!

Attached: 1566626358840.jpg (679x665, 70K)

>Skeksis turn the Gelflings into delicious, life-sustaining Monster Energy Zero Ultra

Attached: thinking intensifies.gif (2048x2048, 1.46M)

>It's not about size....it's about vigor
>SLLLLLUUUURRP

Details on Boom's Age of Resistance book launching on the 26th, since someone asked about it last thread.

comicsbeat.com/dark-crystal-age-of-resistance-comic-series-preview/

>Meet Maudra Vala of the Stonewood Clan, mother of young rebel Maudra Fara, and a Gelfling leader trying to save her people from complete destruction. The terrifying Arathim, giant spiders and the Gelfling’s sworn enemies, have swarmed the land, wreaking destruction and chaos everywhere between Gelfling clans and Arathim as they battle for dominance over the forests and caves of Thra. Maudra Vala sends her greatest warrior, Ordon, to the Tomb of Relics to retrieve a mythical weapon that could be the key to winning the war. But the path to the legendary relic is riddled with secret traps and hidden dangers. Will even Ordon, greatest of Gelfling warriors, be able to make his way alone to the Stonewood Clan’s last hope for survival?

Attached: DarkCrystal_AgeOfResistance_001_Variant_PROMO.jpg (1031x1734, 492K)

>when you get that first essence sip in the morning

I need boomer chamberlain edits right now

LETS GET THIS TRENDING WE CAN DO THIS! THIS SHOW HAD ACTUAL THINGS IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA NOT JUST CGI YOU DONT GET THAT ANYMORE LETS SAVE THIS CMON!

WE'RE GOING TO SEE IF YOU ARE A GOOD GELFLING OR A BAD GELFLING
BAD GELFLING

There's something to be said for kicking all the way down user. They may die, but by god they'll go down swinging.
Screaming too probably, but swinging all the same.

Fuck me there's so many possible variations you could do for Saturday Morning style pics

>skekSil in bed with skekUng on the mower
>skekUng in bed with skekSil on the mower, mower making hmmmmmm noise
>skekTek in bed with any other skeksis
>Aughra in bed with skeksis outside

That sounds bitchin'.

I hope it's better written and drawn than the sequel comics.

But consider
>Raunip in bed, UrSkeks singing

Has anyone done a "Forty Skeks" edit of that Lex Luthor meme yet, or am I gonna have to do that tomorrow morning?

you can also make a lot of jokes about aughera just walking in and out of the skeksis castle whenever she feels like it while the rebellion is going on

i still need a smug chamberlain

Attached: iu.jpg (600x800, 75K)

Fuckin’ top lad innit

Brea running through a forest with a baby.

Attached: Capture.png (1803x912, 1.79M)

SkekSil getting BTFO'd is my fetish

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-09-08-19h19m07s654.png (1920x864, 1006K)

>am genius yes?
>oh no!!

Rian plunging the crystal shard into the Dark Crystal. Note the blue hair and blue eyeshadow.

Attached: Capture.png (1798x1015, 2.1M)

The sequel comics art is fine. It just doesn't fit the detailed world of Thra.

Them being kind of scared of her in the movie and not killing her but doing their best to lock her up instead makes a lot of sense considering that the last time they killed her she came back to life and as far as they can tell she killed their strongest comrade while doing so.

I'm doing my best, OP, but my social circle isn't that big

Pretty much screencap him at any point in this series and the movie, he's smug most of the time.

>The Scientist's robotic eye in the original movie was a painted TIE fighter cockpit
>The Scientist is played by Mark Hamil in the netflix series

I don't understand. Is this show actually in trouble? Even normies are watching it and excited by it, so I assume it's doing really well. How astronomically high are Netflix's standards for getting one more measly season?

On visions and protagonists:
I think it could be a new Jen puppet, but the clothes do look much more like Rian's tunic (color and shoulders) than Jen's rags.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-09-09 at 12.17.25 AM.png (1530x555, 1.13M)

you think they sculpted a penis on him?

Kira's mother?

Abortive attempt to fix the Crystal that shows them they have to wait? It's not lit like it was when Jen did it.

I found this if that helps

Attached: smug_skeksi.png (806x641, 15K)

Deet in the skeksis throne room, eyes brightening with Darkening energy, possibly waking in response to Rian putting the shard into the crystal

Attached: Capture.png (1799x1015, 2.07M)

Chamberlain is not smug. Chamberlain is only of highest class

Attached: 1567894517334.jpg (396x339, 96K)

Hey emperor maybe stop fucking with the Darkening

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-09-08-19h28m34s598.png (1920x864, 1.07M)

Worse still she made them do it while thinking it was their idea. They're not just afraid killing her they're downright terrified of /listening/ to her and fucking themselves up even worse. Anything she say's is suspect, anything she does is suspect. Hell even after they locked her up they basically did it in Sektek's room just so he could watch her (and also because they didn't like him and if he died first so much the better).

This is the last thing Deet sees in her vision and she comes out of it yelling, "I won't! I won't!" Perhaps indicating that she saw herself stopping Rian from healing the crystal?

>Abortive attempt to fix the Crystal that shows them they have to wait? It's not lit like it was when Jen did it.
I wonder what'll happen if they try. Can the piece be slotted in or will the damaged Crystal reject a "pure" shard and spit it back out

its not, season 2 is already in production but its really fucking expensive and time consuming as I'm sure you can guess.

>"I have not built an empire to watch it crumble into dust!"
>Crumbles into dust
>The last thing he ever hears is HMMMMMMMM

ALL CLAWS

NO
MATTER
THE
COST

youtube.com/watch?v=-VDuLiqCmDE

the best part was them freaking out when she exploded from his body

>Kira's mother?
That's what I'm thinking, yeah. She hides the baby from the Garthim among the podlings, then probably leads the Garthim away sacrificing herself for Kira's safety.
>Abortive attempt to fix the Crystal that shows them they have to wait? It's not lit like it was when Jen did it.
Yeah, something's going on there for sure. As I mentioned in I think some shit's going to go down with Deet and Rian when this happens. Him putting the shard in seems to awaken the Darkening in her, and I'm betting she goes after Rian, Deet has to be put down, and Aughra hides the crystal shard in her orrery.

While he got yeet'd by Hunter, at least he wasn't used as a straight fucking bowling ball like Rian

When the fuck is Act III coming out

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-09-08-19h17m16s695.png (1920x864, 1.29M)

Wish I got my tail dangled

I was fucking eating when Skeklach started snotting all over the food. I almost threw up. This character is so fucking disgusting!

Attached: skeklach.png (500x500, 438K)

what was your reaction when you saw hunter going grievous-mode

HmmmmMMMmm

So would they keep season 2 as "Age of Resistance", or would they be better off calling it "Dark Crystal: The Garthim War"?

That would make Kira's "Mother? Mother, the monsters-!" even more poignant, since we now have a face to put to her: clever, witty Brea.

>Yeah, something's going on there for sure. As I mentioned in I think some shit's going to go down with Deet and Rian when this happens. Him putting the shard in seems to awaken the Darkening in her, and I'm betting she goes after Rian, Deet has to be put down, and Aughra hides the crystal shard in her orrery.
Along with two identical shards. Extended lore had those being made by skekTek to confuse the search, so they must get mixed up with the real one before it's all said and done.

Same time as Half-Life 3

Attached: 960x0.jpg (960x594, 58K)

popped a boner desu

Attached: smugsil.png (1920x864, 1.18M)

>FOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUURRRR AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRMMMMSSSS!!!!???

Attached: ce1.gif (480x360, 531K)

One of the many kino moments in the series

Attached: 1565920769882.gif (500x500, 2.51M)

What was the other one they mentioned? Can anyone make it out?

Sounds like "Strap him to the knee-claw" or something.

I think it's a mixture of snot and pus. Those pustules are blocking her nostrils and interfering with her sinuses.

the swords should be double bladed too!

Attached: the_skeksis_hunter_by_geargades_dddhm1b-fullview.jpg (1280x1757, 338K)

>Extended lore had those being made by skekTek to confuse the search, so they must get mixed up with the real one before it's all said and done.
Oh shit, what if they get mixed up before then and Rian has the wrong shard when he tries to heal the crystal and so it backfires horribly?

there is no btfo'ing him, just changes to the plan that open you up to getting outplayed even harder by him

Attached: mono.png (1319x651, 913K)

I want a plush Hup

Attached: Screenshot 2019-09-09 at 12.38.48 AM.png (1920x1080, 2.02M)

That could definitely be the case.

>I think it's a mixture of snot and pus. Those pustules are blocking her nostrils and interfering with her sinuses.
That only makes it worse!

>when you squeeze his tummy, he shouts his "Podling Justita!" line

So Age of Resistance as a title is a soft lie. It includes characters from the show, but from a generation before there was a hint of "Resistance." Okay.

I liked the comics. I mean they're not amazing, but stripped of the shear joy of seeing all the art put on screen, I frankly don't think the Dark Crystal is that amazing either. The art is also fine. Granted, a more painterly style or detailed style would be better for the Dark Crystal, but to call the art bad is frankly a lie.

Come to think of it, Dustin Nguyan or Sana Takeda painting a short would be great.

What about a statue of our golden god?
wetanz.com/shop/figures/hup-the-podling

Attached: peak alpha male.jpg (769x1000, 126K)

>What was the other one they mentioned? Can anyone make it out?
>Sounds like "Strap him to the knee-claw" or something.
Close

Attached: the needler.png (1365x533, 1.16M)

He’s a big guy

>to call the art bad is frankly a lie.
I didn't, I just didn't think it was great. It is, like you said, "fine". No better than that, which I found a pity.

I thought the writing was worse, though, especially shoehorning the Skeksis in because they were afraid nobody would read a dark crystal comic without them.

Made much more sense to go for a prequel as the full production.

Somehow that sounds worse.

I'm so looking forward to the eventual Lore v. Garthim fight with Hup riding atop the beautiful rock bastards back.
Also who else thinks Lore gets a spoon on his right hand just for shits and giggles?

I was thinking Deet would be her mother, both have a connection to animals.

Brea and Rian seem like bits of Jen.

Granted my theory needs a way around this.

>no Deet statue for the Hup statue to protect from the skekSo statue
Truly a shame.

Those legs are a lot longer than I imagined them being.

Has anyone got a full-body screencap of the little dude?

SkekSil is a stinky boy

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-09-08-19h45m55s172.png (1920x864, 1.66M)

>Crafted from glass and resin, this 1:1 scale prop replica incldues [sic] a lighting feature to replicate the glowing essence seen on screen!
>Measures 5 1/4-inches tall!
not bad for 50 burgerbux, but none of these Weta sculptures being around until April 2020 sucks
probably gonna go for the $100 1:6 Hup tho because he's based
-t.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-09-09 at 12.46.38 AM.png (689x772, 277K)

Weta have confirmed a Deet statue will be made

>I didn't, I just didn't think it was great. It is, like you said, "fine". No better than that, which I found a pity.

I think it's better than fine. The issue is, is it fitting? It had an airy look like a modern take on art from very very old books. Like we're reading a historical recording that's half legend. So that aspect fits.

>I thought the writing was worse, though, especially shoehorning the Skeksis in because they were afraid nobody would read a dark crystal comic without them.

I mean that's not the writers fault. Spurrier was adapting a script already made for a Dark Crystal 2. Blame whoever at Hensen felt that was the way to go for a follow up.

>Made much more sense to go for a prequel as the full production.

The original film is so oddly both light and complex on lore and history than both prequels and sequels make a lot of sense. I do think starting this major revival with prequels is the smarter move though.

was just about to post that after I did the bottle, I especially like that he's got the upgraded spoon
it'd be my first statue, but damn if I don't love that little guy

I'm a toy guy. I just like being able to fiddle with my nerdy shit instead of just having to dust it. I like how the toys have this sort of high quality 80s vibe It's pretty neat. But no Brea seems like some bullshit.

They look dope but goddamn I wish skekMal was one of the figures.

>Implying I won't empty out the LEDs so I can drink out of it

>Weta have confirmed a Deet statue will be made
Awesome. Now if only I had a few hundred dollars sitting around to buy all of them.

>I especially like that he's got the upgraded spoon
And he even still has the original spoon in his belt.

BAN ASSULT PEACHBERRIES!!

Attached: Screenshot_20190902-125858.png (2048x1073, 695K)

me too user, me too

Attached: thehunter.png (2500x2500, 1.64M)

Missed opportunity for sure.

>I think it's better than fine. The issue is, is it fitting? It had an airy look like a modern take on art from very very old books. Like we're reading a historical recording that's half legend. So that aspect fits.
I think it got worse with the second sequel. It shifts away again and the Gelfling end up not really looking like Gelfling, for one thing.

>I mean that's not the writers fault. Spurrier was adapting a script already made for a Dark Crystal 2. Blame whoever at Hensen felt that was the way to go for a follow up.
So the original writers, and the original writing? Okay, that just moves it one layer.

I would like to know who thought it'd be a good idea. I suspect Lisa, since she's the showrunner and Brian's the workman. I am reminded that the aim of the Skeksis segment on the Henson puppet making challenge series was to create a Skeksis that was returning to the castle after banishment. That smacks of a way to get a long-lost (new to the audience) Skeksis to appear in a sequel film, having skipped the reunification, to me, but it could also be a prototype for the idea of new Skeksis returning to the castle such as we'll probably be seeing in the second season.

Makes me wonder if anyone from Creature Shop Challenge ended up working on the new show.

>I do think starting this major revival with prequels is the smarter move though.
Agreed. For one thing, with a prequel they have a lot of existing lore material from the original creatives to illustrate and expand upon. It makes for a nice head start.

>And he even still has the original spoon in his belt.
lore breaking, the statue is ruined
not really

>"What is it about the Hunt that drives me mad with desire you ask? It is many things, from the steam that happens once hot blood is spilled onto the cold ground, to the horrified screams of a prey once they see their end is near."
>"Do you think me a poor hunter then? Because I do not sneak about and quietly dispatch my targets? Fool, that would be too easy. Why do you think I wear such bright robes, so that they may see me when I approach. Why do you think I wield such massive blades, so that they may believe themselves faster than me. Why do I stomp about, when I could simply scurry through the trees and descend upon my prey without them ever knowing?"
>"Because then they would go without the knowledge that they were hunted. Lives are not candles that can be snuffed out on a whim, they are pulsating wells that offer you what you need. To take all they have to offer so quickly, it is an insult. Let their fears and worries wash over you, bathe in their screams and smile as they try to run."
>"The hunt will go on, for as long as any being of Thra draws breath they are my prey. They are my prize."
>"They, are MY essence."

The amount of detail in these statues is insane. Rian even looks like he has tears in his eyes.

>But no Brea seems like some bullshit.
Now that Deet's separated from the party, Brea might have a bigger role in S2 and could maybe get some merch. It feels like this first merch wave for S1 was primarily centered on the characters TJHC absolutely knew would be people's favorites (Deet, Hup, skekMal, Aughra). The next wave might have the smaller characters from this season.

Attached: Dark Crystal AOR - Funko-01.jpg (960x960, 170K)

I would have loved to see Aughra actually interact with the Hunter. She was kind of Thra's nature goddess, she found him the most beautiful of the Skeksis back when they weren't so ugly looking, and seemed sad to see him dying. Makes me think there was some strong mutual respect there.

Darkening
Not even once

Attached: IMG_20190908_201320.jpg (1080x1080, 131K)

Hunter knew what he was, he didn't pretend to be anything else. Honesty, even if it's something as horrifying as Hunter, is probably extremely respectable to Aughra.

>No figure of /our/boy SkekSil

In E4, I think the Podling village is the same one from the film.

I haven't seen anything about a second season being in production

>"False!"
Currently out of stock on official retailers though, unless you're willing to buy resale.

Attached: the-dark-crystal-statue-1102380.jpg (655x450, 44K)

When Rian and the other Gelfling go into the Podling pub, is it just me, or is that Aughra's housekeeper getting totally sloshed on the big frothy mug of ale?

Oh, and I could swear the Podling lady who buys Rian a drink is a very much younger Ydra, Kira's mother.

holy shit Hup, look out for those gobbles!

I love her, best new skeksis

Our chad paladin does not waver in the sight of mere gobbles

Attached: 9.jpg (1200x575, 65K)

I got the feeling the bar one was an old lady.

>here breathe some darkening gas
>oh thank you jesus

I reached two people. No one else has shown interest.

THEN MAKE. MORE.
I DID NOT BUILD A SHOW TO HAVE IT CRUMBLE TO DUST

I apparently don't know anyone that's even heard of Dark Crystal let alone seen it, but I got one friend hooked on the show. He and his gf really liked the first episode. I'm so fucking lonely.

Yeah I feel like its not gonna get renewed.

Just like poor Tuca and Bertie

I think it's Rian

The UrSkeks can only be reunited when the shard is put back into the Crystal during the Great Conjunction when the three suns align to pinpoint the Crystal, and it only happens every 1000 years/trine. So maybe Rian discovers that his attempt will be futile, and only later learn of the Great Conjunction from Aughra or the Prophecy. The showrunners stated that he's separated from the rest of the Gelflings and following darkened Deethra, so maybe he'll try to put the shard in while going on a lone quest/ mission.

I'm thinking the failed attempt is how they know to 'create' the prophecy, like oh shit someone needs to write this down for the next Great Conjunction. Cue 49 Gelflings dreaming on hills.

Attached: 1567721858947.jpg (739x415, 51K)

Literally the George Costanza meme

Attached: 1767307e-b2b9-465e-8e6b-1f29dc15ab4e.jpg (513x746, 177K)

>stop fucking with the Darkening
>"THERE IS NO DARKENING"
Reminds me of someone else

Attached: 1559687935357.png (735x735, 566K)

It's like watching the starwars prequel and clones wars knowing that the Jedi are going to get killed ,I was surprised that Ventress and Asoka were both alive during and after revenge

I'm firmly in the Rian camp of who's stabbing the shard, but to be fair, Jen also had the blue streaks through his hair.
Already made boyo

Attached: ISHmmMMmmYGDDT.png (573x573, 536K)

I noticed they also put little glittery hairs in on the Gelflings this time, was that in the original movie?

Ventress died soon after
Ahsoka had to be saved by literal time travel because Filoni couldn't bear to kill his waifu

Attached: 23.png (1440x959, 1.1M)

Yup. Jen had blue streaks, Kira had green streaks.

IT BEGINS

Attached: ao3.png (1264x492, 112K)

Wut?

PWP porn of the least appealing creatures. Usually means a show is successful and widespread enough hit a certain audience niche. I have high hopes for a S2 renewal.

No, I mean if you look closely it's more than that, there's actually tiny strands of some kind of glittery material in there too, as well as the coloured streaks.

Very few people I know have ever even wanted to see the movie if I suggested watching it, and the only time anyone agreed was because he actively hated the movie since childhood and said it held up on his early memories of how dumb it was.

Thank god.

Your friends just got pleb filtered hard

Did Chamberlain really tough he could win the trial by stone? his best attribute is manipulation

Attached: [email protected] (1160x560, 269K)

I think the idea is that he thought skekUng was too worn out to beat him, but the wily old fucker was just hiding his strength.

He may not have been a powerhouse like SkekMal but he did seem to be in better shape than many of the others, even when he was deprived of/saved his essence supply he rarely seemed to show the same fatigue or bodily degeneration than some of the others did
He could have simply believed that however weak he’d become by then, skekUng had grown weaker

Of course we know how that went

He's a cocky little shit

Attached: IMG_20190902_193252.jpg (1738x1696, 346K)

Eh, maybe he was just genuinely pissed, and made a mistake.
After all he waited to take that cunts place for literally hundreds of years, and now some other cunt challenges him.

That happened to me, once.

You've fucked with some evil crack in the ground until your nose a finger fell off?

Attached: 1567983362092.png (647x465, 120K)

No. Puss was leaking around my finger nail.

Lmao

He surely must have anticipated that someone, ESPECIALLY skekUng, would challenge

Did your fingernail also pop off to reveal that the rest of your finger was pus as well

Assuming they keep at it with the celeb casting in S2, what would you think of
>skekUng played by Benedict Cumberbatch

Attached: SkekUng.jpg (1200x1609, 424K)

Hmmmm
I’d like to hear him try st least

Shite. Utter shite.

Speaking of actors, what a waste that Alan Rickman died before this show came out.

>the scene where we see the Skekses drinking the guards essence in the dining hall

Attached: What the fuck bubs.png (105x117, 25K)

By grabthar’s hammer
What an essence

Attached: IMG_20190902_195548.jpg (1514x2048, 242K)

Attached: fd05e049c.jpg (1080x1350, 209K)

Skeksis wouldn't be such assholes if the gelflings would just pet them every once in a while

Attached: 1554646433329.webm (640x640, 2.9M)

Attached: a.png (1280x1816, 2.13M)

So the last issue of "Beneath the Dark Crystal" (issue 12) revealed that one of the characters in Kensho's adventuring band had prosthetic wings (revealed at a critical moment because he needed to be able to get back to the castle with haste).

My question is, if gelfling developed the tech to give everyone functional wings, why aren't they?

The amount of fanart popping up now bodes well for the series' continuation, I hope.

Just wish we got more cute gelfling gals. I'm not even talking NSFW, I just want more stuff like .

That and the fact that he was a predator. Not some jackass sucking gelflings dry of essence by strapping them to a chair just to keep their rotting overweight carcass of a body alive, he was just someone that killed and probably ate them.
If Thra is anything like earth he's basically just a lion that can talk.

I already did but it turns out that everyone I know has gotten nightmares from the first movie.

Then they'll enjoy the nightmares from the series. Nothing says friendship like watching two slaves desperate for freedom and tenderly sharing a moment of joy be dashed and die horribly in fire and then getting their goddamn head caved in with a metal handle.

>spoiler
You know, for kids!

Attached: 540.png (727x853, 230K)

How do the wings work

Wasn't he expecting it to be the Ritual Master to step up first?

That said, he picked a feat of strength because that would be beating skekUng at his own game. Outsmarting him wouldn't cow the others from plotting against their new Emperor like outpowering the strongest Skeksi would.

Unspecified. They just appeared to be some sort of binding around the torso.

Attached: Gelfling prosthetic wings.jpg (434x541, 242K)

I've considered doing it. I'm good at lines, though not so much at colouring.

>trans gelfling is a thing now

I was kinda of hoping to gloss over that part of the discussion because it's not really important to the question I had.

This show is great but it'd be better without any Gelfling in it.

But then what would the skeksis squabble over

Attached: f18.jpg (1280x570, 96K)

I just don't want to have to see their parts myself, they repulse me to my core.

And the wrinkled run to fat birds don't?

No, they're magnificent. The Gelfling were practically designed from the ground up to be intolerable.

Aughra says there are multiple timelines. They'll copt out and have a timeline where they survive

>talking shit about Deet
Fucking blasphemy

Attached: 98.jpg (1280x720, 176K)

Why is Deet the only Grottan with green skin? Is she that fucking dirty?

Attached: deet-family.jpg (1024x474, 48K)

You're saying that like it makes them less fuckable.

Attached: b69.jpg (500x615, 71K)

Netflix is declining period, so there's ridiculously few viewers.

Humter was totally a Jason Strathum kind of character

Imagine the smell.

Attached: dark-crystal-netflix-gelfling-2.jpg (1284x856, 134K)

>Two dads
So who is the real mother of Deet and her brother?

Where is Augrah's missing eye?

Burned out from looking at the same Great Conjunction during which the urSkeks arrived.

She suffers from Great Conjunctivitis.

Great Conjunction sounds like some heavy shit.

The heaviest. It's basically the renewal of Thra every 1000 years, bringing change every time it happens.

as long as Hup has a face, she'll have a place to sit.

Why was the scholar guy so scared of the Seefa clan?

I just finished episode 4. Damn does this series have some epic moments.
Also it's amazing how true they kept it to the style of the movie.
I watched the movie before starting the series and the transition was near seamless, the locations of the castle are nearly the same etc.

holy based.

Attached: poor little gelfling.jpg (1200x800, 108K)

Where's the user who had a hard on for the paladin? Looks like someone actually drew fanart of him

Attached: 081284ac-e1e9-4ac2-875b-fb6b356b5bcd.jpg (1280x1920, 632K)

I've seen a few comments on this guy, I swear he's becoming AoR's equivalent of Figwit.

>Strathum
Excuse me?

Why would I tell my friends and family to watch some puppet show? Puppets are dead. CGI is the norm now.

If they have a soul, they'll watch it.

It's goddamned puppets! I have never watch it The Dark Crystal and I'll never will because puppets are stupid.

This isn't Yea Forums this is Yea Forums. Can shills stop cross boarding?

never watched any Gerry Anderson shows or The Muppets/Sesame Street?

There is a hole in you user, missing a piece. I feel sorry for you.

What of the Joker was Skeksis?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 239K)

Thought that was supposed to be Jen? I guess the original film footage hasn't been upped to the quality the show has.

Here is a delete scene before the final battle in the last episode of season 1 where Rian pray before the battle.
youtu.be/Gg1ov9ieOho

" Thra, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that few stood against many. That's what's important! Aughra pleases you, Thra... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then the HELL with you!

Why are podlings so fucking dumb? Except Hup.

I honestly thought they were going to Physically tear her limb from limb. Or strip her naked like they would do to Chamberlain

That rockstar-looking gelfling was probably his ex-boyfriend or some shit.

I just want them to be happy...

Attached: 582e2478-966a-40d9-8e5a-985144c28875.png (1280x976, 923K)

The Mariner, the Treasurer, the Satirist, and the Slave Master are all pretty much blank slates as far as characterization goes. What should the writers do with them to flesh them out?

First episode down.
Not bad. Not bad at all.

Attached: 73.jpg (235x300, 12K)

I get the feeling they're playing dumb so the Skeksis don't fuck them so much.

That’s it? Just, Gurjin?

What else is CGI but digital puppets?

>*Sip*
>mmmMMMMmmmmm
>Don't make essence like that any more, noooo

Attached: Skekboom.png (396x339, 198K)

Because not every male wants to be a tranny.

I’ve been trying to tell people, but I’m afraid that if they’re gonna watch it at all, it’ll be months from now because they’re too busy to get to it soon.

I haven’t watched Game if Thrones, can I sell it to normies by saying “It’s like Game of Thrones,” or is it actually nothing like GoT?

>Ofcourse im better, i am a girl !
Fuck this show

Attached: ......jpg (960x641, 54K)

I don't think the crystal has to be healed during the Great Conjunction, just any time before it happens or is finished. I think that Rian will somehow get mixed up and put the wrong shard in the crystal and then Deet will fuck him up as a result of the crystal backlashing against it.

I still think Rian's attempt will be how the Skeksis find out about the prophecy. For major suffering points.

Best Aminyas Forever.

It was “of course I can fly. I am a girl.” And female gelfling have always had wings, even back in the movie, before “muh strong female characters” was a thing.

>,I was surprised that Ventress and Asoka were both alive during and after revenge

>Ventress
Nope. Dooku killed her on Crystophsis and Quinlan Voss and Obi-wan buried her on Dathomir.

>HmmMMMmmm, Chamberlain truly hope gelfling do not do such things

They're not dumb, they're just childish.

Convince me to watch this. I have no nostalgia for the movie and I don't really care for puppets.

>I don't know how the other clans go about their lives with 3 suns hanging over their heads all the time. They're giant balls of fire. What if one falls?
CUTE

Attached: Deet.png (559x569, 457K)

MY CARRIAGE!

If you like fantasy at all it's one of the best constructed and envisioned worlds ever put on film.

Attached: 1486017995861.gif (301x300, 949K)

>>SkekSil
aka one in the Chamberlain
aka mmmMmmmm-mmmMm bitch
aka Trial by lead
aka trick nasty

Well, "satirist" pretty much writes itself, right? It will be fun to see him try and avoid pissing off the emperor, though.

What if they gave him a metal spoon?

Skeksis and Garthim better watch their ass

I wasn’t interested in this at first either. I didn’t like the movie and in general I dislike the whole aesthetic (puppets have a tendency to turn out really ugly, and I never liked that about them.) But I gave it a shot just to see how the use of practical effects in an era when nearly everything is CG turned out.

I was really impressed and hooked after episode 1, because I really was sold on the use of the effects, the fantasy worldbuilding was well done, the characters and story turned out pretty compelling, but most of all everything to do with the Skeksis and their pure undiluted assholery was a delight to watch. I pretty quickly got over my distaste for the aesthetic design, and now I think the craftsmanship is gorgeous, it works so well in motion.

>"AY GIGGA WATCH ME DRINK YO BITCH HMMMMMM"
>*moments later*
>"Skesis not evil"
What did the Chamberlain mean by this?

>that 30 year old hmmmMMMMmmmer

I cannot imagine how fucking hot it would be living on Thra. I don't think humans can last here.

Attached: ganbarimasuu.jpg (600x293, 44K)

Anyone else felt bad for Seladon when she got BTFO by the Skeksis?

no

modeled after the irish

NO

>create the most sweet, pure, and innocent character ever created in fucking ages
>set her up to be an ultimate villain against her will when she was just trying to help
This show's gonna make me fucking bawl next season

Attached: hurt.png (500x343, 227K)

It's not impossible for habitable planets to exist in triplicate star systems, but it is very unlikely due to the inherent gravitational instability of such a system. The stars themselves have to be in very orderly harmonious orbits or they'd disrupt each-other to the point where the system would probably fly apart. As is the closest blue star isn't even possible, for a star to be blue/purple it must be enormously hot, thus enormously massive, it aught to have been the largest of the suns. The largest could be a G0 or F5 type main sequence star, larger than the sun but still white-yellow in color, with 1.2-2.5 times Sol's apparent luminosity, nearer the end of it's lifespan which could explain it's pronounced size. The red star is probably no larger than a K3, it's luminosity probably wouldn't exceed 20-25% that of the sun. All of them aught to appear smaller in the sky, the largest star should be the blue one, yellow next and then red, and the light would be intense blue-white rather than pretty much the same as Earth's.

That's assuming it has to be realistic though, maybe stars just burn cooler and in different colors in their universe, or more likely the blue star is magic of some kind.

what's an ablution?

I feel like it has to be renewed just because of the investment is costumes and sets.

sure, but any renewal would come with another huge investment

I was SERIOUSLY disappointed that the end of season 1 wasn't the Skeksis utterly crushing the Gelflings, I mean I already know they win

why didn't they mention him?

Attached: Treasurer.jpg (1200x1564, 517K)

T. smash bros melee player

then he'd be the Scientist

>Deet has two dads
.. Gelflings are like sea horses aren't they?

I honestly just took it as Deet and her brother were both orphans and adopted.

or the satirist

The general had never drank essence before so perhaps he did really think he could best him.

Nah, Bendydick Cucumberpatch is a good actor but not suited to such a gruff voiced character. Pretty much all of the skeks sound like they've smoked a few packs too many and you need a VA who can reflect that. I mean you could get practically anybody who's voice is in the same register to do it and then fuck around in post to make it sound similar but that would be shit and really obvious. Nah they just have to hunt down someone with a similar voice.

Fabulous

Post your reaction when the Puppets showed up

Attached: spongebob.jpg (259x194, 13K)

Attached: 1b61.jpg (514x836, 424K)

What does essence taste like?

He REALLY needed a hit and calmed down

Hup is a pretty tall Podling.

That slowmo gelfling puppet always gets me

Attached: 1496888440878.jpg (498x456, 48K)

Attached: 4772795__e188297988ce060ed77289f0d306731a.jpg (1058x705, 117K)

He controls the taxes, truly the most evil of Skeksis.

They aren't too dumb, they know what is good for them.

Pretty hype, but not as hype as when the armoured Skeksis flare up metal wings

That'll be season 2. Gelfling are gonna show up at the Crystal Castle ready to finish the fight and then get absolutely fucking wrecked by the Garthim and then the rest of the season is going to be them trying to regroup and survive while uncovering more of the prophecy stuff.

Yeah.

This show really can't be dragged on for too long before it becomes nothing but a depressing nightmare slog.

Attached: 18FE75BB-DF5C-4BB4-84B0-CE4041CCEFE0.jpg (1024x1024, 118K)

That's how it probably is tho.

>Skeksis not Rian's enemy. Skeksis slew Rian's true enemy. Because Mira was Rian's enemy.
>Think. What was Rian before saw Skeksis drink essence? Hmm? Son of disappointed father who spent days stealing from podlings. Now? Now Rian great leader of Gelfling. Have made self greater than father. Even have new love...how short after Mira death? Hmm?
>If not for Skeksis killing Mira, Rian would have never fought. Would have never grown. Would only have been another, ordinary Gelfling in thousand-trine of slavery. Hmm? Is Chamberlain wrong?
>Skeksis not justified in having small, tiny reward for making Rian hero? Hmm?

>Heretic and Wanderer die five minutes after confessing that they foresaw a Gelfling end the Skeksis.
>The last of the Gelfling.

Imagine the physical sensation of a $10,000 a night whore sucking you dry at the same moment the cocaine kicks in. Now imagine if you could turn that sensation into a taste.

I think Rian might have honest to god tried to kill him

The REAL question now is what essence does to a gelfling
Can't wait for Deet to find out!

Kinda sweaty then

>Plunge the entire continent into war to forge it's people into something stronger.
>Encourage rebellion so the population can become something more than sedentary slaves.
What is Chamberlain, a metal gear villain?
>"I could break the Emperor in two, with my bare hands!"

>making Rian feel guilty for all the few good things that have happened to his life since rebelling
And I thought the carriage convo was diabolical, this would have been evil on a whole other level.

Ha, good one.

>Gelfling drinks essence
>gets an odd look on his face before smacking his lips a few times
>"This is semen"

Or stolen.

>skeksemen

Wouldn't it be funny if instead the Skeksis just had to capture a shitton of gelflings and just force them to jerk off haha

Attached: rando paladin.jpg (793x773, 244K)

It makes a lot more sense if it's not orbiting all three suns simultaneously, like maybe Thra only actually orbits the Greater Sun (the large G-type) which forms a binary with a smaller K-type (Rose Sun) with maybe a T-type companion (Dying Sun).

Prophecies are a real bitch when everyone else involved has absolutely no guarantees saftsy

>you will never pet SkekSil
Feels bad, man

Makes sense, heck they call it a star so I assumed it had to be one but it very well could be a sub-stellar T dwarf or a hot Jupiter which only glows because it's orbiting so close in to the two proper stars, although in that case it would probably leave a pronounced streak of shed atmosphere in the sky.

Despite what people think in these threads, I believe Jen and Kira will be completely unrelated to AoR characters.

I'm fine with that.

That would honestly be better in my opinion. Not every sequel needs to directly latch itself to the original it's setting up backstory to. There's already more than enough character continuity in AoR.

No

Impressive, very nice.

>skeksis predator toys with his prey pg-13

Attached: EDZ3HSgX4AY479S.jpg (640x357, 28K)

WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THE DOCUMENTARY

Attached: flinteart-Glomgold-1200x676.jpg (1200x676, 68K)

google is a pathway to many sites some would consider... illegal

The one for AoR? It's on Netflix.

We need a Skeksis version of the Rainey Street gang. Like Chamberlain, General, Scroll-Keeper, and Scientist chilling in palace halls sipping Essence or something.
>Yesss
>Yusss
>Yeusss
>MMMhhhmmm

Attached: King-of-the-Hill.jpg (720x480, 66K)

I've tried but can't find it.
Don't have it and the doc is the only thing I want to see on it.

I actually hope so. Deet's vision does show Brea running from Garthim in a forest carrying a baby (probably Kira), but that doesn't mean she has to be the mother.

Is it possible to learn this search engine?

>love the movie and this prequel
>decide the check the sequels because why not
>it's about some random out of nowhere literal fire people with gelfling soap opera
Uh, what the fuck is this thing? How did Henson company allow this garbage?

Yeah it was pretty shit. Don't like how it shat on Jen and Kira either.

not from IT

Oh fuck, what if they know they're gonna die and that's why they asked about whether that'd make them one or further apart?

I want to wash Deet

It's okay because Power of Dark Crystal and Beneath the Dark Crystal comics aren't canon.

The true reason they kept Gurjin alive. Skektek knew he had the biggest dick of all the Gelfling; the prophesied penis that would unite Seven Clans and the Arathim.

Nah, I think it's pretty natural to have those kinds of existential questions in the face of someone else's death. They saw their friend dying and started wondering what might happen if he did die.

>let's just add an out of nowhere new fire race even it's not been hinted on anywhere on lore or in the original movie
I still can't believe they were serious about it.

I do not avoid skeksis, princess, but I do deny them my essence.

urAmaj and skekAyuk are both concider to be master chief of their time and very skill at culinary.
But who is actually the better chief ?
If they both open a restaurant and
culinary school, which one will be more popular to the people of thra (
essense is not included in the manue because skekAyuk need
Gelflings cusumer)

Don't forget user it's not abput size,it's about VIGOR.

>Poor, little Gelfling

But they are. You may not like them, but tough fuck numbnuts.

>unironically enjoying the sequel
Found the hambeast.

What lore? There was one book and one film.

Where did I express my opinion on them you illiterate fuck?

>/tumblr/

Who cares, it's enough to be disgusted at someone who defends them.

someone requested this in another thread

Attached: FE794FB0-7567-4D37-B44C-9B0EDB5D96CA.png (2368x1536, 895K)

Lol, says somebody going "muh headcanon."

>sequels are canon
It's just a retelling of what if version of Jen and Kira's reign. Sequels are simply an insult to the original movie and Age of Resistance.

UrAmaj is the better chef but he's too slow to keep up with demand. SkekAyuk is a middling chef but at least he can fill all customer orders. Once they both kiss and make up, they dominate Thra's culinary circuit.

Where did I defend them?

>hmmmmMMMMMMmmmm
This fucking killed me.

Attached: ac49e62130e0d23208ee034e60419e7a.jpg (500x499, 21K)

>Three bulges

Attached: rteydvb6746.jpg (600x528, 49K)

Sequel comics are bad and you should feel bad for trying to defend them.

golden

There isn't a MEGA around for this, is there? I can't get fucking Netflix to work for a while.

Fantastic

That'a your headcanon, not the people who create the property.

I didn't defend them you moron.

>Emperor as Hank
>Chamberlain as Dale
>Gourmand as Bill
Who would be Boomhauer?

I think it depends on the atmosphere you want in a restaurant, since they're probably equally skilled chefs. A skeksis restaurant probably has drinking and live music and would attract a more boisterous crowd, while a mystic restaurant would be much more calm, with no alcohol and quiet contemplative music at most and maybe a hookah bar in the back, attracting an older and quieter crowd.

>tfw ywn have your own harem of cute adoring gelfling love slaves trained to see to your ever pleasure

Creation Myths is shit too

There is, it's been posted in previous threads you might find archived.

Not the same user, but you sound awfully defensive for some reason.
Firelings were a mistake.

>That'a your headcanon, not the people who create the property.
the people who created the property are dead, user
don't be so morbid

then not even Trial by Lead could stop Hup

Attached: trial by lead.png (626x468, 329K)

It's weird seeing people confuse what they like, with what is canon. One is subjective, one is not.

Brian Fraud worked on the show.

>That'a your headcanon, not the people who create the property.
So is Age of Resistance, but no one denies it's canonicty because it's good unlike sequel comics.

People have the right to what to dismiss and what to not as canon except for the original movie because none of that stuff was made by Henson himself. Just chill the fuck out and admit that you have a horrible taste in comics.

thoughts on this dude?

Attached: SkekZok_the_Ritual-Master.jpg (900x1230, 362K)

People don't have that right. That's not how canon works.

By all means, say you hate it, I can't argue that point. But it's objectively canon.

>Brian Fraud worked on the show.
>purposefully conflating designers/illustrators with writers, directors, or producers
someone on the comics and cartoons board should really know the difference between these

Cute dress

He had creative input.

user, we all get you have a boner for the firelings, but neither the sequel, or creation myths, or this show, none of them are actually canon. We like AoR because it's a good story, not because anyone thinks it's canon.

You're just not very bright, are you?

retard

Underutilized, I wish we got more of him.

>canon works because someone owns an ip
So your idea of canon is inherently based on US law? That's a strange way to view art.

>objectively canon
and you're objectively a horrible person for defending the comics regardless if it's canon or not.

requesting something similar to this except it's a gelfling with essence.

Attached: xh3s8s9d7lo21.png (1024x719, 806K)

he's just mad that nobody likes that godawful sequel shit and tries to defend the fireling nonsense by trying to hide under canonicity.

Firelings are okay from a "Trying to bring something new to the table in a sequel" standpoint, but obviously not interesting enough to carry a story since they also felt the need to clumsily bring back the Skeksis and Mystics for it too.

Power's okay for the novelty of "Curious about what that unmade sequel was gonna be?" angle, but I just don't give a shit about Beneath, especially with art that's so far removed from the Dark Crystal design aesthetic.

No, my idea is based around what the people in charge work on and produce.

Again, not discussing the actual creative merits of the works, bit that we don't pick what's canon.

I think it could easily be argued that if the family of Jim Henson and the company he founded all endorse a story, it is canon. Like all creative works, that canon is subject to change and could be discarded, contradicted, retconned, etc at any time, but I think the family of the deceased creator can have a say in what's canon at least.

This is a 2019 show and is on Netflix. You're telling me it's not pozzed three different ways to Sunday? I want to believe but I'm skeptical. Is it REALLY disease free?

I'm not defending them. I'm saying we don't pick what's canon, shit or not.

The Star Wars prequels are canon but crap, oh well.

so did loads of people that talked to Jim, that doesn't mean any of them can write a sequel fans have to accept or that any of those people couldn't write something that can be overturned
even the puppeteers had some creative input with Jim Henson, that doesn't mean they can tell you some shitty comic they worked on is what happens after the movie

>I'm saying we don't pick what's canon, shit or not
Anyone can free to pick whatever he wants, this isn't some goddamn relgion you dumb cunt.

It is mostly. There's big gay dads.

>Is it REALLY disease free?
nah, there's blight and pustules

>No, my idea is based around what the people in charge work on and produce.
Right, the people in charge because they own the IP. How dense can you be to think your post disagreed with mine? Your view of canon is based on intellectual property law. I stand by my statement that it's a weird way to view art.

>No, my idea is based around what the people in charge work on and produce.
So that would only make the movie as the only canonical source as Jim Henson only worked in the movies and nothing else. You are aware that you're contradicting with yourself, right?

God damn you're a bunch of sad tumblr not muhs.

I would say any filmed works created by the Henson Company are definitively canon, and any written works endorsed by the Henson Company are tentatively canon until a filmed work contradicts them.

no need to bother this much over a wrong person, somebody this retarded could not even pretend to be the opposite of what he is: a retard.

>but I think the family of the deceased creator can have a say in what's canon at least.
So instead of intellectual property laws, you're basing canon on inheritance. As we've seen, the Henson children are not Jim. How can you say that his offspring have more control over canon, vs someone like Frank Oz that performed and directed Dark Crystal? They genetically inherited the canon-making ability? Some chromosomal blessing they posses?

What if I bought the Henson Company and directed a threesome Aughra/SkekLach/Deet scat porn? Would that also make canon?

>i'll just call them tumblr
your view of canon is based on IP law, I don't know why you're shying away from that unless you've realized how absurd it is

Frank Oz who still works on Dark Crystal?

My sister liked it, she said it remained her of Yoda.

Attached: vigor.png (652x2048, 2.82M)

Oh fuck me I nearly threw up at that.

>until a filmed work contradicts them
Don't any of you faggots tell me it was explained more in the novelization or some Dark Crystal book. What matters is the movies. I ain't never read one them Dark Crystal books, or any books in general for that matter, and I ain't about to start. Don't talk about them stupid video games, or novels, comic books or any of that fucking crap.

HmmmmMMMmmm

That's literally how it works for every other ip. Being a salty bitch doesn't make Dark Crystal any different.

Bloody hell just get a fucking room already, who cares?

>m-muh canonicty
I openly reject anything taking place after the events of third conjuction which includes all that fireling nonsense. Just deal with it.

speak plain

Despite having an amazing story, this show won't gain traction. It's not like She-Ra or Stranger Things.

By all means hate it and call it shit. That's far outside my point, utterly subjective, and I haven't read the comics yet anyway.

>I haven't read the comics yet anyway
That would explain the reason of why you openly defend that crap.

>be summoned by god-kings
>one of them calls you ugly
>the other calls you a gelflet
I'd probably break down right then and there.

>this show won't gain traction
Well that's a bleak as fuck prediction
> It's not like She-Ra or Stranger Things
Nigga it doesn't take much to surpass something like She-Ra in popularity, this show will do just fine there. And fucking nothing will probably surpass Stranger Things in popularity so that's a pretty unrealistic metric to compare it to.

Why do you think I'm changing my stance just for Dark Crystal? Why are you inventing a different conversation? Why do you think bringing up other "canons" matters when my argument isn't about Dark Crystal specifically, but how you're basing canon on who owns an IP? Nothing in your post is congruent with what we're talking about, so that tells me you don't even know how to argue your point or dismantle mine.

On a related note, there are obvious issues with having a specific tone in your universe when you start including things like young adult and children's books into "canon." If you have to have a set canon then Lucas actually had a decent idea with his tiered system. If it's all canon because it's lisenced and endorsed by The Jim Henson Company, then I can't wait to come back once the Age of Resistance Tactics game comes out and we can see the Chamberlain's canon stats.

Attached: poe dameron fart wedding.jpg (960x419, 81K)

>I haven't read the comics yet anyway
Sequel comics introduce out of the nowhere a new gelflings v.2 race and an incredibly retarded storyline which would turn Henson in his grave. There's your so beloved canon.

Attached: im not that old1.jpg (1912x5120, 1.34M)

You illiterite pansy fuck.

Who said I love it? Good fuck you people are projecting so hard.

How the fuck does skekZok eat with his lower teeth bent inward like that

The entirety of the new Star Wars canon is kind of crap. So?

Watch him show up later as a dangerous as fuck force to reckon with

carefully

I couldn't even read them because the art was so god awful. They should get someone who has detailed artwork, James fucking Stokoe

>I-I don't defend it
>m-muh canon
>firelings are okay yeah?
Shut up already.

Ageism is the real evil.

Learn to read and not make up shit about who you're arguing with.

God you were lucky because the story is even worse than the artwork.

It's a good thing we have the series now, that should at least save some face.

>not make up shit about who you're arguing with
kek that's exatly what you did in this thread.

Chamberlain actually spoke a lot of sense in this scene. Literally did nothing wrong

>The general had never drank essence before
We don't know that. Can still happen in this prequel series.

Excellent taste in occular castigations.

He probably though they were negging him. It sounded like the ritual master was comming on to him.

Slaves are still slaves if they don't know they are slaves.
Also, he's complicit in genocide, so.

I accept your concession. :^)

>Slaves are still slaves if they don't know they are slaves.
But where's the fun in slaves not knowing they're slaves?

Attached: SkekNa_UrNol.jpg (1186x1800, 380K)

How is new trilogy Star Wars bad?

So Age of Resistence is crap too?

Force Awakens was good but unoriginal, Last Jedi.. man we need a while thread to tear that thing apart.

these replies keep moving from one tangentially related mischaracterization of my posts to another, incapable of forming a coherent rebuttal or argument of their own

>Thousand-trine old Skeksis calling you old.
>Thousand-trine old Skeksis are also your gods.

I'm amazed he didn't hang himself.

I don't see canon as some ultimate truth or something. Like another user said, it's not a religion. Canon is just what establishes the influences on the work and helps establish the timeline of events. The show and movie are canon to each other, they exist on the same timeline and inform each other in their worldbuilding and storytelling. These are clearly seen by the creators as the primary works, so any time the show/movie and the books contradict each other, the show/movie's version take precedence, but the rest of the supplemental material can still be assumed to be "true" in the timeline of the show and movie until they are otherwise retconned or contradicted. So again, this isn't some religious crusade, it's just about establishing what supplemental material should be considered as valid within the context of the world and timeline presented by the show and/or movie.

I did, thank you so much.

His tongue is trapped under his teeth

>all the new skeksis are already dead
well that's boring

SkekGra was alreay ded by the movie, and he's fun as fuck.

Because it built hype and they had a script lying around. Easy money.

I liked it, Thurma's a cute

Attached: latest[1].jpg (300x355, 16K)

Two more to use in Season 2.

There's no bitchslapping with The Chamberlain...just another phase of his schemes being triggered.

I remember when most of the people did criticize Jen and Kira puppets looked "high as fuck" back at the time it was on screen. Now I feel older after seeing this airing in 2019.

Attached: sketch-1567899415930-1.jpg (1067x2455, 477K)

>tfw porn artists are more inclined to draw r34 of skeksis than gelflings

>Dat "just sit me infront of the Dark Crystal already, FFS" face on the podling

Sometimes you just want to get done with shit, blyat

Have they ever tried combining as one physically?

You say that like it's a bad thing

Attached: b3658d897a64_RASCALHOLEwip20.png (800x800, 459K)

>Implying xenophilia isn't healthier than elf pedophilia

They try it every night but it hasn't worked so far

Attached: sketch-1567892835783-1.jpg (783x2660, 431K)

Is there anyone who can even remotely match Chamberlain's Talk no Jutsu?

Steven Universe and skekSil would bring about Talkendammerung if ever brought into the same room

>tranny pirate and playwrite lame

oh god, that would be a glorious crossover

Attached: sickos.png (152x254, 40K)

I see what you did, there.

Attached: 0.gif (700x471, 1.16M)

She was a cunt and deserved it, but it did make me somewhat uncomfortable when they all descended on her like the evil step-sisters in Cinderella.

here's my try

Attached: skekSmug.png (694x634, 49K)

>the heretic and the wanderer are the only two who long to be together again more than anything
>but are one of the ones who die permanently split and unable to ever rejoin and go home to the ursek homeworld

This isnt fair

Attached: sfasfasfasf.jpg (225x225, 4K)

SkekSil fails in his talk no jutsu in the movie, hard

Attached: 5843.jpg (2048x1764, 214K)

I like to think that in the end, Thra accepted them as one of its own, and reunited them after death

Attached: myboys.jpg (1280x723, 128K)

That's pretty good.

Anyone can draw Rian in front of a computer looking at it like it's on ebay or on amazon and making a face like this?

Attached: 0.gif (300x200, 1.57M)

Thanks, user.

Do we know for sure that they die?

>Skeksis are supposed to be ugly
>They look much cooler than their original forms
How is this a downgrade/punishment in any way

Fantastic job user

The movie makes it clear there are only 10 skeksis and 10 mystics left in the whole world, and Heretic/Wanderer are not seen among them.

>female gelfling have always had wings
Hmmm, no.

Attached: 1567919109442.jpg (954x1467, 1014K)

Were the Skeksis at their most autistic when they were crowding around the Hunter's body and putting makeup and shit on him, or when they were all squabbling over Mira's essence and proceeded to awkwardly dance around like they were at a special needs nightclub.

Attached: bac62e564d8400dbdb69bf5c4c6f661c_7e99bf23_400.gif (284x300, 2.74M)

No but that scene got dark fast.

Attached: 1567737597769.jpg (1280x576, 175K)

>"Deet Purpura, you are incredibly strong, even stronger than el Guerrero and Shaggy"
>"But you stand no change against my final form, El Grande Emperador, esto es el fin"

Attached: 1567389887610.jpg (1718x1142, 624K)

TRIAL BY WORDS

Attached: Chamberlain laying down the truth.png (1830x261, 31K)

He meant that the movie already established female having wings.

This my wife, say something nice about her.

Attached: Darkened-Deet.png (780x468, 389K)

Attached: 1556756693537.png (1920x865, 3.24M)

Best boy

>IN THE NEXT SEASON OF DARK CRYSTAL Z:
>Deet manages to control her darkening powers and masters Deet Purpura Sentiente
>La Abuela starts her venture into crystal desert to find the secret power shard
>Rian finally manages to awaken his inner gelfling saiyan powers but afterwards he gets kidnapped by Urskeks and have to survive in tournament arc in order to get back to Thra
>el Chambelan vs el Guerrero fight is still going on after in it's 500th day in Crystal castle
>Hup finally conquers ultra instinct and goes into an arc to save Deet

>say something nice about her.
I love having her as my wife.

That doesn't mean they died, they could have found some other way to merge, or escape thra entirely.

I just want them to be happy

Y-yeah, user... I'm sure they made it out... They're living happily among the stars now.

>AAAAAHHhhh
>It's alright
>AAAAAAAAhhh
>Rian, be brave
>Aaaaaaahh

That was a weird scene.

>"Skeksis, impossible, you're strong!"
>"I, I can still fight! if I die, then everyone will..."
>"I can't let this despair go on any longer!"
>"Stronger... I have to be much stronger!"
>"I can't afford to lose!"
>"I won't let you... Rian... I'll do my best..."
>"YOU WILL NOT WIN!"

gentle & kind/10

did he die?

when you die on thra you die for real

He was out of practice

Deet will be drained to feed robot crabs

what?

The Jen puppet has a penis.

Yes.

If you ever saw Jurassic Park or Independence Day then you've seen puppets

Proof?

>if they’re gonna watch it at all, it’ll be months from now because they’re too busy to get to it soon

That's pretty much what I expect out of the people I've talked to who have some legitimate interest, but aren't familiar with the movie.

>“It’s like Game of Thrones”
You tell them an anonymous nerd on a Japanese papercrafting forum told you the show is like the first four seasons of Game of Thrones. They'll know what you're talking about, as after that point was when that show's quality tanked.

Maybe their blind Maudra is actually their biological mother. I noticed that her fathers looked pretty old looking.

Anyone else thought Deet's brother was fucking ugly and weird looking?

That would be tragically bitter sweet if it turned out that Brea just finds little baby orphan Kira and dies protecting and hiding her.

What if the Sanctuary Tree raped the Grottan Maudra and then she put the babies up for adoption to distance herself from the trauma?

not the hunter, the gelfling

>It's like Game Of Thrones
Age Of Resistance has more in common with Tolkien than Martin or at least that's what I get from it feeling wise

>GAH!
>BAH!
>CURSE THESE LOW GELFLING CEILINGS!
Best skek

He looked like a potato

>is it actually nothing like GoT?

Not really, but it does have the switching-PoVs-of-different-characters thing the books have.

arent they all?

Honestly, I always felt like he was the real villain of the movie. As the Skeksis' pope, he's basically their real leader, and he's always trying to have the final say in how things go. He was the one who successfully stabbed Kira at the end, and the mother fucker was operated by Jim Henson.

I don't get the same sense of dread whatsoever from him in the show, and his voice was abysmal compared to that magnificent voice of his in the movie.

>that fucking spin the Emperor does
Holy shit my sides

Well, just like most fantasy writer, Tolkien is a big influence for Martin anyway.

Anyone else put off by those CG shots of the hunter leaping through the trees while chasing after protagonist guy and his dad?
He had so much weight and presence whenever he was shown in puppet form, but every time they cut to him doing stupid CGI acrobatics that all went out the window for me.

A bit. First time they used it I wasn't impressed and it felt like they used it too much. Though in later episodes I felt it was better.

Attached: hunter.jpg (1000x662, 66K)

Whoever developed CGI initially should be tried and convicted for the murder of an art form. I've had it up to here with this shit.

The emperor is so cute, I wish there was more art pairing him with the Chamberlain

>Jen has a fully modeled penis
>Aughra has visible nipples in the movie
Do you think Kira and Aughra have fully modeled vaginas? Do the AoR puppets have nipples and genitals under their clothing?

I have shilled the show so much my friend wants to watch. He likes puppetry and 80's fantasy stuff, but he found the original movie boring, sans the effects. I really really hope he likes this.

Attached: 8950959034+.jpg (1275x1534, 572K)

>Seladon gets BTFO and full-on SKEKKED
>still blames Brea for everything
Is there a bigger piece of shit than Seladon?

>watching the documentary
>actually kind of think the 2016 cgi test gelfling girl is cute

Perfect.

To be fair, the original movie IS pretty boring and the show is far more engaging.

>pain is shared between them
>it is not a stretch, then, to think that other sensations would be shared as well
>by this logic, holding each other may be the closest they feel to being one again

pretty sappy, i know

Attached: D4DE19C7-E379-4FFB-A5FE-822DFC2013E8.jpg (1280x1673, 1.09M)

Season 2 coming soon.
>The Birth of Jen and Kirath
>The Appearance of the Mystic.

>>Jen has a fully modeled penis
Again, proof?

She doesn't look related to her family at all.

The mother of Kira.

Attached: tumblr_n2k4u5ce3C1sod9q1o1_r6_1280.jpg (765x990, 235K)

I was sorely disappointed in the original film but I'm loving the show.

Jen and Kira in season 2
>as kids

I really hope all the skeksis will get a good scene assuming we get season 2. Especially the ones who had no presence in the movie.

>this picture with skekshod

Attached: cifK5LqaFMHlOiURlmzdH8DLLp6oynQlUCrnDzI1q64.jpg (480x360, 30K)

I hope they get even more art.

Attached: wxvbxijbi5l31.jpg (614x768, 108K)

>nailing a scarf to your head
Heretic's hardcore.

Attached: 1567718063906.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

Attached: DSC_0102.jpg (899x1600, 194K)

Attached: 1528926322412.gif (250x216, 1.99M)

It helps my personal theory that Deet will transform into a new Sanctuary Tree and survive the genocide.

I feel bad for the Skeksis.

They're just hungry is all, everyone has to eat to live.

Get off of Yea Forums skekSil

Couldn't believe what I was watching in that scene, or that such a horrible end for those characters was allowed in a "family" rated show.

Attached: 124969234468.jpg (224x225, 25K)

I was hoping she was going to get shit on more for that. Did Seladon honestly expect the Skeksis not to do underhanded shit so long as her sister didn't know about it? How many mental hoops did she had to go through to reach that conclusion? She should been punished more then being so quickly forgiven.

But it's true.

Someone posted a production photo in a previous thread where Jim Henson was working on a table where a naked Jen puppet was stood up and it had a little weenie and sack between its legs. Looked Goku's in Dragonball.

She's pretty tight, I'm lovin it

Hunter and Heretic literally exist to disprove that though

So where's that coarse Kermit cock I've been waiting all my life for?

Yes and the birth of the garthim scene at the end of the episode.

No they dont.

>No they dont.

Attached: 1567279137869.gif (500x288, 1.79M)

I like the theory that skeksis could have stayed young/agile if they had just bothered exercising a little.

Attached: 1567902552906.png (1280x457, 143K)

Don't they live a long time regardless? I would assume they will die at some point even if they were cut off. Hunter was said to visit the kingdom so he might have gotten some power from the crystal. I do think you really don't even need that much to sustain yourself but the rest were just gluttons that become too depended on it.

I still think that Skeksises also have an hidden link among themselves. If enough of them get regenerated by the Crystal, then all of them benefit from it.

I think the message of spirituality, environmentalism, and the natural cycle of life and death is much stronger if the skeksis are unnaturally extending their lives using the crystal. Like they all would have died of old age hundreds of years ago if not for draining the crystal and the gelflings and that's why they're basically rotting away in their own bodies. The emperor ends up crumbling to dust because he's extended his life to a point where he's literally completely decomposed while still living because his physical body can't withstand living that long. It's just not the same when they're living a natural length life and just using the crystal and essence to allow themselves to be lazy about it.

I don't think the message can work in the first place when the Skeksis are so fucking cool and you end up rooting for them.

Just how many dicks do the Skek have? That one Skek peed 3 streams.

The emperor was using the darkening for power. It sped up his body decaying much more then the crystal could sustain him. If he hadn't done that he would been a better state like the others. I do think they will all turn to dust if left alone too long.

How many do their counterparts have? How many did their joined original forms have?

Figured he was pissing in 3 streams because old. Old people do that. Or they have 3 dicks.

If it was oldness they wouldnt have come out at different times.

It's not really that much like Game of Thrones, but there are enough similarities that you could make that comparison without being called a liar

3 dicks it is then.

Fair point...

Attached: tumblr_5b1dc39a0caaa3b29e8ae5d4f1d33c7b_df0aa9c0_540.gif (350x253, 2.55M)

Or maybe he just has holes rotted through his dick or bladder so it sprays out from different spots like a punctured water balloon.

New bread

None of your shit is consistant my dude.

New thread

I've made one point the entire time retard.

And it's a shit point.

nice dodge

Instantly realized it was Barnaby Dixon puppeteering