Is it weird that Family Guy is giving its cast strange new quirks every few years

Is it weird that Family Guy is giving its cast strange new quirks every few years

>Lois is obsessed with being a stereotypical housewife
>Chris is a chronic masturbator
>Bonnie wants to kill Joe

Attached: LoisGroceries.jpg (1280x720, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's been like that since the beginning. Seth just kept adding shit

>Seth

He hasn't written for the show in decades.

It's pretty unique among cartoons. It must be weird to look at an early season episode and then jump to a late one, but I feel this keeps it fresher than just sticking with the same jokes and playing them out until they are utterly dead, like t he Simpson's.

Gee, I can see Bart or Lisa being a chronic masturbator

No that’s an incest subplot

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

i'll take it over the early 2010s period of family guy where it was just "peter and brian with occasional gay stewie or meg bashing"

Sure I know all ages can do it "fact"
But Bart and Lisa master.B.8.
God what this world has come to...

Attached: 1557960794260.png (285x450, 255K)

>Lois is obsessed with being a stereotypical housewife

The writers don't know what else to do with her

You Peter being a pedo

>>Lois is obsessed with being a stereotypical housewife
>>Chris is a chronic masturbator
>>Bonnie wants to kill Joe
I haven't watched Family Guy for years. Are you pulling my leg here

Attached: Al NO MA'AM.jpg (375x428, 31K)

>You girls ain't cops right?

He's been that since the show was revived, really.

That's always been Chris's thing when he's not incesting with Meg/being Seth Green's mouthpiece/being a dumb piece of shit/justifying H Jon Benjamin's role on the show.

Is it true that Peter's in the show less or that Seth isn't doing as much voice work due to his work on Orville?

Chris use to be an artist. I think it was a nice joke that Chris simple mind had an outlet of art.

>HentaiLand

None of these changes are new and has been going on for several seasons/years now.

The only "new" thing they've done is Meg is no longer the punching bag of the family/show and is now just a regular teenage girl.

Family Guy's fucking garbage.
>More episodes focus on Brian/Stewie
>Peter is the B-story most of the time
>Meg and Chris and Lois are barely in the show
>If they are it's only to react to Peter's story and that's it

Attached: 1540006364990.jpg (198x212, 6K)

Brian and Stewie are the best part of the show.

They're just testing to see what quirks the audience likes most for each character, so the show remains popular. They're already generic slates so it's a perfect opportunity.

>Those "jokes" about how Meg and Chris casually admit to abusing animals

Attached: 1566519663346.jpg (240x240, 8K)

Isn’t Joe mostly just suicidal and sad now, too?
Honestly, I really feel like this term doesn’t work with Family Guy. They are completely different characters now. Instead of having one exaggerated joke/trait like Flanders, they just decided somewhere along the line to reinvent them for whatever joke they thought would be funny.

>He hasn't written for the show in decades.
And yet he still owns it. The guys on the top get to decide the shit that happens

>the jokes where Chris and Meg are totally find with the incest aspect of their relationship

That’s not the same. That’s exaggerating a trait that’s already there. What OP is talking about it adding traits that weren’t really there before, without much of a basis in the show’s actual history.
Or at least, that’s what I think this thread is about. I don’t keep up with Family Guy, so I can’t really weigh in on how accurate any of that was.

Do you think Matt Groening decides what goes on for the Simpsons?

>Bonnie wants to kill Joe

Actually, I found that to be a great new thing since bonnie had nothing going for her for over a decade. Though, they really pussified joe.

I think they just made Joe depressed and suicidal now.

Hilarious

i have no idea what the fuck Family Guy is anymore
i catch one episode late at night and i actually turned because i felt like all of the humor came from how shitty all the characters where with their one note personalities
at this point id rather have it go back to pastiche Simpsons than this mean spirited mess it is today

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

There are far more cripple jokes than boisterous badass jokes

No, well timed jokes were the best part of the show save season 5-now. Bush age family guy was xbox live tier humor. A.K.A teenage referential humor but in 2006

Peter is a goofball side character, his current shtick would be grating in an a plot.

Though I don't mind the new eps, I agree with you

>mean spirited
Do you know how I know your opinion is worthless?

>Cleveland is just black jokes now.

The coomer meme is spreading

Attached: C3B66CCF-C11E-47B5-B18A-3E6E5D3A4235.png (1044x869, 185K)

New Family Guy episodes are super weird to me because they try new shit and at the same time don’t give a shit about being funny anymore. No shit they don’t care anymore and just want their paychecks, but you can go on forever and still give a shit about being funny like American Dad

Season 5 and the ones adjacent were the worst ones that most people associate its shittiness with. It's changed a lot since then. Mostly for the better.