Character Assasination

What's the worst form of character assasination in comics. My worst is what they did to Wally West in Heroes in Crisis

He went from a good man who always tries his best to cowardly chump who too chickenshit to admit that he screwed up and would do anything to hide it.

I have no idea on how the hell they are ever going to fix this.

Attached: images.jpg (447x687, 47K)

Batman under King.

Batman was shit long before King got ahold of him
My vote is for what Bendis did to X-Men and GotG, it wasn’t a single character that got assassinated, but two whole franchises

>tfw a lebanese american man hates you

fialkov should just mercy killed him

Attached: teen-titans-go-green-lantern-600x316.jpg (600x316, 22K)

Say it wasn't really Wally but a Dark Multiverse counterpart or whatever shit Johns can cook up. Hal Jordan came back from being literally space Hitler.

For me is what KSD did to Carol in 2012.

Wow a tom king hate thread

haven't been keeping up with dc ever since hic ended, has wally appeared in anything again?

Doctor Light was pretty bad. He went from a C-Tier villain to "Rape Man" in the span of one event. Now it's literally all he talks about.

Attached: 883oap4d9yy21.jpg (1014x3492, 1.64M)

Tom kings Pussy Batman.

Attached: can01.anibis.ch.jpg (400x400, 20K)

This reads like a joke page
...This is a joke page right

Attached: kate-bishop-hawkeye-comic-panels.jpg (625x329, 75K)

cassandra cain turning evil for no reason
the beast going from a fun science nerd who was BFFs with wonder man into the worst mutant that everyone hates
Aaron's treatment of Thor and especially Odin
Everything Bendis did to Wanda Maximoff. Everything.

Nope. Wally has not appeared in any comic ever since Heroes In Crisis.

You can just say Wally West's existence is a character assassination, he must be in the top 3 most bullied characters by hack writers.

Max Lord in Countdown to Infinite Crisis, especially since it wasn't originally him, but Didio pushed it because he was more well known compared to the original choice (Mr. Jupiter).

Nope.
This was a joke page though

Attached: Plastic Man (2003-2006) 020-002.jpg (1988x3056, 2.3M)

Not suprising considering the fact that Barry Allen is all the rage these days.

Honestly Barry should have stayed dead after crisis.

He died a great death and he will never have a moment that tops his sacrifice.

I dunno, Talia al Ghul under Morrison i guess.

Hank Hall from Hawk and Dove. The original villain for the Armageddon 2001 event, Monarch, was meant to be Captain Atom, but the powers that be made it Hawk, because the Captain Atom reveal got leaked.

It's another case of heroes becoming villains for an arbitrary reason.

Wally deserved it more than anyone else fuck him and his 10 fans

Attached: Heroes in Crisis (2018-) 009-021.jpg (1988x3056, 989K)

It's strange cause king's superman book as been good

Remember when Snyder had Bruce make a Bruce machine to make more Bruces because he literally does not trust anyone else to be Batman

Remember that one time Harley Quinn killed a bunch of children ...that is still canon and a girl in tt .

Harley Quinn is a big tumor.

Wallyfags deserve every single bad thing that's happened to them.

Harley Quinn is still shit.

>Now
He's been a good guy and then dead since Rebirth.

This is actually still the status quo
That machine is how Bruce got his memories back after he and Joker "died"

So Bruce is going to be Batman forever and just clone himself til the end of time

yeah, and she's a child molester in every universe. Just because she's fake, doesn't change the hypocrisy that, just because she's a female, she gets special treatment and people forget she kills and rapes kiddies.

>rapes kiddies
What on earth are you talking about?

Yeah she killed some kids
So has the Riddler, So has Ivy, So has fucking Clock King
Do you know how many kids Wally has killed now?
Fuck him
He makes Harley look like a saint in comparison

Attached: Suicide Squad - Rebirth 001-003.jpg (1988x3056, 2.04M)

>He makes Harley look like a saint in comparison
She fucks kids,

who did she rape? or sexually molest?

not like your boy wally committing sex crimes at super speed by peeping really fast.
Wallyfags really are terrible

She still fucks kids that is canon.

>that is still canon
It was retconned like five years ago
Modern Harley is cancer alright but claiming a single OOC occurrance from early new52 when every character suddenly did retarded things is canon when it was quietly written away nearly immediately later is retarded
You can find countless actual examples of why she's become a terrible character in Graymiotti's run alone

and Wally is a murderer who killed his best friends because of cowardice
Harley is bad but she's nowhere near that pathetic

I cant wait to see Suicide Squad to paint her as "misunderstood".

She fucks kids.

,she did blow up a bunch of kids with bombs hidden in toys.

she's not misunderstood
She is a villain who does bad things but the universe is in love with her cult of personality much like the Joker so she is never considered absolutely beyond redemption.

Wally doesn't have that cult of personality or popularity and he has to weather all the bad writing and stink that gets thrown onto his character
that's life wallyfag

Attached: Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy 001-011.jpg (1988x3056, 1.14M)

when?

>Harley is bad but she's nowhere near that pathetic
If you want to count the Injustice Universe then she's killed a couple million people with Joker

Am I witnessing the birth of a new meme? Like Batman raping the Joker, Harley must rape kids.

I mean, anyone who kills children is an objectively bad person. Some of the most cold-blooded killers in the DC Universe, like Deathstroke, draw the line at kids. Hell, even Darkseid keeps them alive... he just throws them in fire pits and makes them work in the mines...

Cool, so is Wally.

>, Harley must rape kids.
That is canon.

first of all no they don't
deathstroke blew up and nuked and entire city
he has killed plenty of kids
after all he was originally hired to kill the "teen" titans

and slade likes em young so don't prop him up above Harley.

When you do bad things it is all weighed equally
Killing kids
Killing adults
Its all the same sin

lol I chuckled at the darkseid bit though

Apparently Harley really is a child killer in some universe though

Attached: 1563200852337.jpg (781x1200, 160K)

If this isn't proof she rapes kids to death I don't know what is

even dami and jon aren't safe clark and lois

Attached: 1565185270742.jpg (1988x3056, 932K)

Hal was already mostly fixed before Johns though.

You know even after all of this bullshit, Wally still suffers less than Roy Harper.
>Heroin addict/struggles getting over addiction
>Daughter dies in Cry For Justice
>Dies in Heroes In Crisis
>Misses out on asking Donna out on a date
>Green Arrow replaces him with Emiko Queen
>No longer part of The Outlaws.
Granted I like Emiko but still

Attached: Emiko Queen, Red Arrow.jpg (624x960, 173K)

>You can find countless actual examples of why she's become a terrible character in Graymiotti's run alone
Unless you don't actually hate women, in which case you can't find any.

How though? where is your source besides MAYBE that one Injustice comic, which is in the air as being canon anyway

>beats random people because its funny
>steals shit from people
>you hate women

Pic related made the character unusable for a decade and even since coming back she hasn't really been the same and her current identity (Orphan) is lame as shit.

Runner up is turning Bishop into an omnicidal jackass attempting to kill Hope which involved retconning his background and then basically ignoring it ever happened once he started getting used again.

Attached: RCO017_1469297612.jpg (1008x1600, 318K)

Talia

>I'll take "Shit That Never Happened" for $500, alex!

>Everything Bendis did to Wanda Maximoff. Everything.
More like everything Bendis did to [insert character]. Everything.

Hank Pym was slowly assassinated over the years by every writer that decided to bring up the slap and make it into something worse than murder.

What’s this from?

>Ooh im sorry bob but it did happened

Attached: shes insane.jpg (1041x1600, 535K)

That's both just dark humor and her method of practice as a psychologist. She's a little nuts, is all. Everybody knows she would never kill people who don't deserve it.

Everybody except spergs like you, I guess.

Wasn't the slap originally accidental in the script, as well? Like, he was just flailing his arm and didn't mean to hit her or something

>posts proof that she hurts innocent people
>but its ok because she didn't kill them
Thanks for playing bob but you're going home with $0 dollars

Attached: no seriously insane.jpg (1041x1600, 597K)

Wally killed three (3) kids in HiC. That's still less than Harley

>Everybody except spergs like you, I guess.
She kills kids.

This has to be bait

civil war
for several characters

In that comic everybody ignores. Once again: you are a sperg.

The picture you are responding to literally has her killing a innocent woman via drowning.

>That's both just dark humor and her method of practice as a psychologist. She's a little nuts, is all. Everybody knows she would never kill people who don't deserve it.
>Everybody except spergs like you, I guess.
Tumblrina.

no she didn't actually kill her, it was low tide but she didn't know that. Plus she beat them senseless for nonexistent crimes

>getting this triggered by dark humor
S P E R G
P
E
R
G

>In that comic everybody ignores. Once again: you are a sperg.
still Canon Tumblrina.

No, that's bullshit that Shooter came up with a couple of years ago when he started up his blog to try and rehab his image for his various fuck-ups that got him blackballed.

Him blaming the artist is akin to his repeatedly throwing Bill Mantlo under the bus for why he was such an asshole at Marvel towards everyone, because Mantlo is brain damaged and can't refute Shooter's lies (like him claiming Mantlo was an edgelord who wanted Spider-Man to have an illegitimate kid).

And Shooter has every reason to throw the artist of the issue under a bus because the whole "Hank Pym: Wifebeater" storyline pissed off fans so badly that Avengers sales went into the toilet and created such backlash that the other editors had to gang up on Shooter and demand he give up the Avengers book/let Roger Stern have free reign to undo his bullshit, by pointing out that if someone else had killed a title's sales like Shooter had done with the Pym storyline, that Shooter would have yanked that writer from said book and told his replacement to fix the mess the now fired writer made.

It's in character for Harley, and she practically got away with it.
tld;dr kys DiDio

you're replying to damifag you retarded anti

Well if this thread is proving anything it's that people who bitch about Harley are fucking idiots.

>incel kills an entire auditorium of room
>its just dark humor so its ok
Ok that is pretty funny

>Bringing up Tumblr in 2019
kek

Harleyfags, baitards, and DiDio need to get fucking necked

Attached: worst page of the year.jpg (1988x3056, 878K)

Millers Batgirl Steph is a pedophile .

what?

Timfags are the lowest of lows. They even defend King like this user

> implying DC didn't do that on purpose.

Honestly I was never a big fan of Steph, her fans are Cancer.That name is terrible on every level and comes with a shitty mask

>King destroys careers
>King destroys characters
>King destroys LCS
>King ruins lives

Peter would have told Mephisto to go fuck himself.

Attached: 91501bb17cecd47816af96272d4df3163ce3a2cf_hq.jpg (422x640, 79K)

>King destroys careers
>King ruins lives
only his own
>King destroys LCS
no the problem is more than just him
>King destroys characters
True

>King destroys villages in Afghanistan

DC has finally killed Batman (and Catwoman).

I'm guessing he's referring to one of the potential futures seen in the last issue.
One of them has an adult damian and steph as a couple

This is almost certainly the champ. But I have a runner up.
>Wah my Batman isn't perfect and beats anything with perfect plans down to the second all the time
My vote is Straczynski/Quesada and Gwen Stacy.

>>Wah my Batman isn't perfect and beats anything with perfect plans down to the second all the time
King's Batman is so pathetic he doesn't even count as a hero. In the jokes and riddles story alone he fails to save thousands of civilians from dying in a gang war between supervillains but somehow we're supposed to take him seriously as a crime fighter? At least batgod can be entertaining in the right hands.

Oh, you're one of those...

He's getting a new comic this month,I think.

Selina as a characters is beyond garbage now.

I do so hate how Bruce is basically suicidal. Oh wait, I forgot! King writes Batman like a suicidal man-child!

Well, since Barry has just the one fan, fuck you Dan

Honestly I'd be cool with it as a 12 year old

the double standard exists for a reason

You misspelled johns

The worse character assassination in the history of comics was Scarlet Witch. She doesn't even have competition

>Do you know how many kids Wally has killed now?
Like five maybe?

You can blame majority of that one Quesada. JMS wanted them to be peter's kids but Quesda threw a fit because it 'aged him'.

Source?

>What's the worst form of character assasination in comics.
Covering up Carol's ass
>He went from a good man who always tries his best to cowardly chump who too chickenshit to admit that he screwed up and would do anything to hide it.
So, he's Barry?
>I have no idea on how the hell they are ever going to fix this.
It's called "ignoring it"
Worked wonders for NuBo

Attached: 1561648752111.jpg (1100x1400, 278K)

Jesus Dan, Fuck off. Don't you have some Batman to jerk off to?

Attached: OMD.png (594x611, 570K)

Black Cat during Slott's run

Attached: 18e00efd51c702191d17f08192217fa9.jpg (651x1024, 221K)

Marvel really hates Felicia. They even let Kevin Smith rape her.

Attached: SpiderCat_01.jpg (1277x1911, 978K)

Attached: 3617129-jim mooney peter parker molested smpp 1.jpg (352x326, 66K)

>Batman, now you can't lie
>So I'm going to ask you a question that can be truthfully answered with yes or no
>Doesn't just do this
I didn't know the lasso also made you an idiot

/thread

This is character rape not character assasination.

How did Spencer fix this again? I forgot.

Peter reveals his identity to her.

Someone actually literate? Yeah. It's true, I am.
>Batman failed once, waaaaaaah
Straczynski is absolutely just as much to blame. Just like he is for OMD. Have you ever read what he wanted for OMD? The change was that Pete called Harry back in the day and saved him from the drug overdose. That's it. That's the difference.
Who else? Axel Alonso, whose job it was to actually fucking edit the Spider-line.
There were other ways out of that retarded setup, including just digging out an evergreen and figuring it out over the next 4 weeks.

She actually looks cute like that what the fuck

But she already knew.

She has multiple instances of being terrible to Wally’s one. I’m not trying to excuse it(or king) but she is an actual villain and Wally is a man eternally ducked by time space and editorial

Hail Hydra

Attached: MG5aEqKFcQi7V5gYDHZmv4k3eyosSPTm1kJv1GW6XyxXttUV8tGu6NJX7KFwPDneKsvrHewPDnmLUht8pkLy8RgRDBN217PeW.jp (564x221, 27K)

>>Batman failed once, waaaaaaah
he fails every other issue and when he isn't failing he's moping

Commas are supremely important.

I assume you meant
>Miller’s Batgirl, Steph is a pedophile

OMD was Quesda's little pick me up project, JMS was dragged along because he was the current writer and would have had to quit to not be forced into that bullshit. He suggested things that would have made more sense but got vetoed.

Attached: 3666731-6470828779-super.gif (320x135, 827K)

Don't really know what people's issue with this was. He just killed Zodd. It's not like he could contain him anyway.

She forgot due to OMD.

Just punch him back into the Phantom Zone.

This. Zodd was about to kill a kid. Supes told Zodd to stop multiple times. He didn't. And Supes obviously felt bad about what he did.

Her actions were largely due to her being psychologically fucked up by having the identity of somebody who was so important to her yanked out of her head and not knowing how to deal with it so Peter reveals his identity to her.

Shut up, King
Not really

They actually wouldn't let him, at least one panel.

Smith's Black Cat mini was delayed for about two years because Smith wanted the main villain to rape BC and wouldn't turn in his scripts if the rape wasn't included. Marvel refused to budge and the book was uncompleted for years until Smith and Marvel broke down for a compromise: Black Cat could be raped but only mentioned in passing as part of her backstory (which Smith changed so that she only became BC because she was raped and the guy who raped her died shorty afterwords in a legit freak accident, meaning he never got arrested or outed as a rapist).

Also, Smith being allowed to have said villain be established as having raped his younger brother for YEARS.

Which makes Dan Slott outright having Black Cat being raped by a dyke in his Spider-Man run (one of the chief reasons she went evil, along with Otto using Spidey's body to brutally beat her and knock out her front teeth AND laugh and joke as he dragged her to the police department and telling the cops to throw the book at BC, because Otto is a cunt who killed Peter and used his body as a meat puppet to do even more evil to destroy Peter's good name after he died and hurt his loved ones moreso.

>Black Cat being raped by a dyke in his Spider-Man run
okay, what issue?

Also fuck Smith.

>The worse character assassination in the history of comics was Scarlet Witch. She doesn't even have competition
She married her competition. Her character assassination made X-fags hate her, his character assassination dehumanized him and made people stop caring about him entirely.

Attached: 0583f43752ee836420b69e2ffb327e6e.jpg (620x937, 155K)

Anyone have the text of Waid's meltdown while watching it?

Hal Jordan literally destroyed the universe in Zero Hour before it was retconned.

It's that Snyder went out of his way to engineer a situation where Superman would have to kill, just because he thinks killing is cool and edgy.

I think it was when ASM was relaunched in 2014. Had Black Cat on the cover.

OMD erased everyone's memory (except Mary Jane's) of Peter's identity, remember? He later revealed himself to the New Avengers and Fantastic Four, and then much later revealed to JJJ and Felicia.

I really think the main issue is the whole imagery of the neck breaking. If for example he had killed Zod by dragging him outside of the planet and then fighting on the opposite side of the moon with no sunlight until Zod just fell down powerless I doubt there would be the same reaction to it.

To be fair, that was the first salvo. This was the second. It took two really bad stories by the same guy to take down the character and not be used in a decade.

But to be fair, it was the editors and DiDio pushing for this character out, and Babs back in.

Attached: jeez1.jpg (660x1024, 132K)

>from being literally space Hitler
How, exactly? Far as I remember Parallax Hal is still canon.

Yes, and?

What did Wally do?

Killed a whole shitload of DC superheroes by accident