Wait...Alfred is dead dead or buy-bait gonna ressurect dead?

Wait...Alfred is dead dead or buy-bait gonna ressurect dead?

Attached: legiao_HmPnuMrfv5b60Dcg4Gq7hJj28oLZRTawkQW_lBsV9U.png.jpg (414x229, 18K)

Who care at this point ?
The fact that DiDiot allowed this bullshit mean that, either this is wipped out when the crisis come or that he expect DC to fold in 2 years.

We gonna have Crisis on Infinite Earths 2 aren't we?

Nothing matters in this story. It's limping forwards the finish, will have a fill in arc or two before the next big writer, and Alfred and whomever else will be fine.

Way to unceremonious for it to be real, you know they would squeeze every penny out of something like this

King is getting kicked off so it's not sticking. He's about as dead as he was without a hand during Snyder's run.

That the plan behind DoomsDay Clock.
Provided it come out on days AND that it wasn't rewritten by Bendis.

I mean, it was a very weak death. We don't even see Alfred's face until the neck snap. It's just King being shocking for shocking sake. He'll probably start killing the Robins next.

>dead dead
When has that ever happened? The longest I remember of a character staying dead is Jason Todd. Everyone else starts their resurrection arc right away.

>every penny
Heh.

Is Jessica Cruz dead dead too?!

Uncle Ben and Barry Allen (for a long time anyway)

Those were the two untouchable deaths in comics

There's no point killing anyone in the Bat family when Lazarus pits exist

This whole threatening to kill Alfred is a waste of time

>were

Bane but he became a Chiropractor instead of a villian.

Homelander from The Boys comic is dead dead

Norman Osborn was dead for around 20 years as well, right?

Rorschach.

Mar Vell is dead dead

The Atom: Al Pratt.
He died died

Goliath the black marvel hero died and stayed dead

it's capeshit you moron, he'll be retcon punched back to being alive in a year or two.

There's literally no major character who stay dead in cape comics.

There's a certain tier of characters that don't really come back.

>There's a certain tier of characters that don't really come back.
The joke and shit tiers don't come back.
But Goliath was a great character in the Broze and Modern Age.
His death was really something that meant

the untouchables were Jason Todd, Uncle Ben, and I think Gwen Stacy. They all came back multiple times since then.

I thought Bucky was the third one in that particular triumvirate?

Nope. Tim sneaked in the manor while Damian was distracting Thomas and Gotham Girl and replaced Alfred with Clayface.

Attached: d4qr00k-adec6b13-7019-4996-98c0-ca8c7f189ee5.png (500x766, 286K)

when we get dick grayson back and he finds out bruce left damian alone he’s gonna beat his ass, i speak into existence

>capeshit
>ever dying for real
just keep buying it dorkwads, everyone else who isn't a mental 9 year old doesn't give a fuck

Yeah that's right. Bucky was untouchable for a long time too.

Yup

>Bucky was untouchable for a long time too.
kek

>2 years
with how bad it's losing money 2 years seems optimistic

Corporate politics take time. AT&T plan to fire everyone with a minimum of outrage.

>Alfred is dead dead
I don't get how this is a question. Every time there's a new writer they ignore most everything the last writer did. You can't even really call them continuities anymore because they never get taken seriously enough to form one before another story starts up.

>I don't get how this is a question. Every time there's a new writer they ignore most everything the last writer did. You can't even really call them continuities anymore because they never get taken seriously enough to form one before another story starts up.
It's more a question of not caring unless it's your agenda than anything else

Just passing by to remind you guys that Doomsday Clock takes place in the near future of the DCU

Attached: 1566143356158.jpg (1040x1600, 427K)

Scott Snyder and Geoff Johns say Doomsday Clock is an Elseworld out of the continuity

At this point King’s Story could be considered an Elseworlds, he’s being taken off the series and finishing it up in a mini which means it could probably be ignored by other writers

If he's dead, it won't last. I give it 3-6 months, tops. Alfred isn't some nobody, he's not getting benched for a year or more like other characters who get killed off only to be resurrected to no ones surprise. If it's a fake out, it's even more pathetic. I got tired of shit like this when Scott Snyder kept pulling it in his run on Batman

Attached: Alfred Pennyworth.png (859x640, 229K)

This is all just a big plan to bring back Aunt Harriet.

Wanna bet they will use the Lazarus Pit?

They can't keep pulling that card. It was done in Injustice with Alfred, and in main canon we've already retconned Jason's resurrection to be just that over the original Superboy punch

>They can't keep pulling that card. It was done in Injustice with Alfred, and in main canon we've already retconned Jason's resurrection to be just that over the original Superboy punch
The Nain Pit?

And he got a running TV show.
Because in clown world we can't get a Batman TV Show but we get one with his FREAKING buttler.

So you can bet he won't stay dead, or was even dead in the first place.

You stupid ass nigger, the boys ran for 6 more issues after his death, big two comics go endlessly for 80+ years.

Mar Vell got resurrected twice as a joke already.

> Fire everyone
> Minimum outrage
I'd hate to be the guy who has that job.

I unironically see this retcon pulled immediately by the next writer in case this isn't a fake out by King.

Everybody is convinced it was Clayface.

I just want to know who DOESN'T know that Bruce is Batman at this point?

I thought Clayface went bad again.

World ended. Trans & POC affected the most.

>Everybody is convinced it was Clayface.
WHAT?!
How could Bane broke his neck then?
Clayface doesn't have bones, or a "real" neck

It can be even more stupid. Alfred could have been replaced by FlashPoint Alfred or some shit.

Thomas was supposed to be dead anyway so every dumbness is possible.

I'm guessing one was Skrull-Vell and other was a short return during Chaos War?

>already retconned Jason's resurrection to be just that over the original Superboy punch
When was that? Because sounds like an improvement.

Having both sounds nice, as long as DC stops the bullshit and doesn't kill her off in a few years.

DC now has some of the shitters from 00s Marvel, I wouldn't be surprised if they think they can keep it running without him.
Besides, how long was Batman dead?

>It can be even more stupid. Alfred could have been replaced by FlashPoint Alfred or some shit.
>Thomas was supposed to be dead anyway so every dumbness is possible.
Don't give them ideas

It will be a clone

>When was that? Because sounds like an improvement.
It was brought up in Rebirth but it may have been part of the New 52 continuity. Point is, DC decided the movie's resurrection method made more sense

They have done stupider things before.
Not that they will address it if it turns out to actually be Clayface, but they can just say that he hardened his interior clay to the shape and consistency of bones.

Attached: 1363199-batman___hush_tpb_vol__2___page_120.jpg (1336x1920, 500K)

>dead dead
i hope not. alfred is easily the best character in the DC universe.

Alfred will be brought back to life in his younger pennysworth mode to prime cross media synergy with the new Alfred tv show no one is watching

I don't think we've seen Basil since he went into hiding, you could be thinking of Matt.

AvX

It did. I remember reading the Red Hood return story, it was actually interesting and worked pretty well, then in the end it gets interrupted by a crisis or something instead of a conclusion.

...Weird. I don't recall him in that shitshow, but fortunately it's been a while.

I hate this is what will be

So you’d say they’re going to get their penny’s worth?

>The fact that DiDiot allowed this bullshit
So Alfred should automatically always be unkillable?

You can kill people with power because there is a way to make them come back with mean that aren't utterly stupid.

A Lantern can be backupped in the power battery for example. Or Superman can just in a coma. Or Flash in the speed force.

Alfred is a plain old human. So the explanation to bring him back CAN'T be a good writing. It will be either Lazarus Pit, or time travel or SuperBoy level of reality wrapping.

Jsut look at Batman "death".
"Oh No, the God Of Evil, instead just 'killing' Brice, teleported it in the past but created a fake body with his omega ray".
That's bullshit and lead a really really dumb retcon.

What happened with that?

Proper Kara Supergirl went almost 20 years.

Thunderbird from X-Men has reached 44 years.

Closer to 25.

Ben and Gwen never stay.

Got a quote on that which isn't vague?

Thunderbird was essentially replaced by his brother Warpath very fast, who's a clone of him in every way that counts powers-and-looks-wise. Hell, I'm surprised he has a unique codename.

I don't remember. Alfred just has his hand back. Then again Bruce was literally brought back from being dead and had his body completely healed by a better version of the Lazarus pit and his brain reset to before being Batman and then getting his memories back by using a machine he made that would later would be used to create clones of him by imprinting his memories on the clone. What a wild ride that Synder run was.

What about if he...STAYS dead? Is that not allowed?

Still counts.

That's a shit idea

>very fast
Some... 10+ years, I think? Specially counting the time it took him to join Xavier's gang?

Bleedinganus said that it was originally a fake out with psycho pirate, but since they are doing a black Batman with Bruce doing his Batman beyond role, DC changed their plans and will have it stick for a while

He might actually be dead dead.

One of the big things that caused King to be taken off of the Batman books was that he wanted to permanently change the franchise in ways that DC's masters at Warner had to sign off on it, due to King throwing a tantrum demanding that no one could reverse it when he left the book. Killing off Alfred would qualify as such a big deal.

And we are the man-baby ?
These entitled writers are shit. You don't "make" Batman, you just get to keep it for a while.

No you see, it's very important that the vision from the previous CIA pencil pusher with PTSD stick. More important than having an important classic character around, or selling comics.

People wouldn't buy Batman comics without Alfred in them?

Why kill Alfred. NWo you got to without him and Bruce just get alone in the bad cave with no suport role.

The only reason to kill Alfred is to give the support role to a shitty replacement.