The Dark Crystal

You know a revival is successful when people start making gelfsonas.

Attached: tumblr_pxhkqeqvih1v899jyo1_1280.jpg (1280x1105, 441K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cKAdKKsHPo4
amazon.com/Dark-Crystal-Ultimate-Visual-History/dp/1608878112/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=world of the dark crystal&qid=1568003356&s=gateway&sr=8-2
amazon.com/World-Dark-Crystal-J-J-Llewellyn/dp/1683838599/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Creepy puppets bleh

GROG DONT WHY WUZ U NOT WANT TO BE HUEMEN IN TRHA? FINK OF DA POWR U'D HAV'

Attached: 1539248858509.png (500x500, 106K)

>AAAAAAAAAAAA OH NONONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOO LORDS OF THE CRYSTAL SAVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: BRAZZERS.png (2282x1036, 3.03M)

this scene was hilarious

mega link?

Attached: 1567744642444.png (2048x1073, 695K)

Is it any good? I feel like I've been hearing about The Dark Crystal more and more and I had no memory of when I watched it as a child, so I watched it just yesterday. It was...okay? Visually appealing because of the puppets, but not really compelling plot-wise or overall entertaining. I wouldn't rewatch it the way I would Labyrinth.

>Trial by Lead.png

>Is it any good?
Yes, very.
It kept the majority of what was good in the movie and fixed what was wrong with it.

Their skeksis isn't anywhere near putrid and decaying enough.

Labyrinth is the better movie overall out of the two but the new show blows both out of the water. It will really take you by a surprise considering how The Jim Henson Company is an even worse development hell than Valve.

being an alien in thra tends to make things go fucky for a few thousand trine

>in space, a fleet battle between an ork WAAAGH! and the Imperium rages above a planet
>one of the smaller ork ships is badly damaged and sent hurtling through space until it finally crash-lands on the planet below
>this planet is Thra
>a single ork, the lone survivor of the crash, steps out from the wreck
>all he has to his name is a broken ship, a dozen of his fellow boyz' charred corpses and his trusty choppa
>he must now both defeat the Skeksis and stop the Imperium from enacting exterminatus upon Thra

Attached: IMG_1260.jpg (1616x1067, 218K)

the series has a more cohesive plot and characters. The film is admittedly just eye candy with all the sets, plus any of the skeksis and fizzgig scenes

It's crazy to think the show was almost a mix of CG (gelflings) and puppets (skeksis). I'm glad they kept it full puppet, it really keeps it true to the original.

OFFICIAL POWER RANKINGS OF DARK CRYSTAL CHARACTERS

>ssj4
Deet Purpura Oscuro (Forma Completado)
Urskeks

>ssj3
Hunter (Ultra Instinct mode)
Gema Completado
La Abuela
El Imperador Oscuro (Forma Verdadera)

>ssj2
Gema Forma Oscuro
El Imperador
Deet Purpura
Rian (Base Completado)

>s
Jen Forma Mystica
Hunter
Archer Mystico

>a
El Chambelan
El General
Rian

>b
El Skektek Cientifico Corrompido
La Maestro Ritual
Jen (Forma Base)
Celadon Negro
Tavra Oscuro
El Renegado
Gurjin
Ordon
Hup (Ultra Instinct Mode)

>c
La Ornamentalista
La Collectionista
Tavra (Forma Base)
Naia
Fara

>d
Celadon
Brea

>e
Hup
Deet (Forma Base)

>No.

why the fuck Gelfling so racist

The same reason people are racist IRL,
Because the people in power told those under their rule to be racist to split the people apart

Cause they aren't perfect.

Where is this art from?

From Tumblr

why is Aughra such a perfect? First thing she does when she sees a Skesis to to put her eye underwater to see her puss

>I am honored, sire-
>No! You are commanded.
Damn

I think they were about to hit the wall around this series. Gelfsona, though. I can't be OK with this.

>Could have just said this! Clearly! Succinctly!
>WITHOUT ALL THE WALKING!

So does making a skek and a mystic count as one OC or two?

Attached: 1555121077803.jpg (400x484, 28K)

The series has a better plot than the movie. The movie was to show off special effects and ultra hippie moral values.

Well, you can't really have a Skeksis or a Mystic without the other half, can you?

>When you feel a scheme coming on

Attached: HmmmmmMmmm.webm (752x582, 2.93M)

Attached: dr kekyll my sides.png (346x427, 279K)

Everyone talks about the Hunter or Chamberlain or the "No" scene, but how come we don't talk about the fucking horrible failure of a Guard revolt?
Seriously, that shit looked like there should've been blood on the walls, ceilings, and everywhere else.

>tfw best soldiers of all gelflings are ripped apart by a small group of fat, lazy autistic bird lizards

The Gelflings need to find the mystics and do what needs to be done to beat the Skeksis.

Attached: 0B35D51B-6976-4947-B25D-9F357CA28047.jpg (640x480, 38K)

>It's a Chamberlain and Scientist scene

Attached: birds.gif (389x242, 2M)

They wanted the essence
No good to them dead!
>I hope you taste better than you fight
>The only mercy I can offer you now, is DEATH

TRIAL BY STOOOOONE

>Gurjin doesn't snitch
>lives and stays a badass the whole way through
>rando guard snitches
>"But I was loyal! I warned you of the guard's revolt!"
>gets SKEKD anyway
I knew Jim Henson programs taught valuable lessons for children but I never thought I'd see the day "snitches get stitches" would be one of them.

Attached: 417C0FB4FA004CCAB07035B7B564F2A1.jpg (329x475, 31K)

why are they so cute, bros

Attached: EB160BA1-B2F5-426B-82E8-8D5772FB2368.png (1147x1181, 300K)

It's super weird but I find it oddly compelling.

They're my dads.

Attached: 6fe60ce5-1cc1-4692-8226-314f6e9fc456.png (1280x1280, 731K)

Watch, pleeeaaseee? yess watch friend, yeeesss?

Why don't we talk about how fucked Rian got by episode 5. Like, seriously think about how traumatized he was and how justified he is in hasting everything about the Skeksies.

>gf gets murdered in front of him
>forced to abandon his bro to what he thinks is the same fate
>is branded a traitor by everyone, even his father believes the Skeksies over him
>his father dies, sacrifices himself to take down a Skeksie who fucking lives anyway for no reason
>finally culminates in the Chamberlain drinking the last of his gf's essence right in front of him while he's restrained and forced to watch

Dude got fucked, he really needed to kill a Skeksie. The fact that he didn't kill the General was complete bullshit.

I kind of like the Skeksis's fucked up designs, but I find it hilarious that anyone anywhere was supposed to consider them to be wise and benevolent rulers.

It's like entrusting the monarchy to a bunch of undead crackhead velociraptors.

Attached: 765645346.jpg (846x611, 205K)

You think that's bad, just think what real life royals and influential businessmen look like

Are we gonna get corrupted skekso, you think?

Heard you talking shit like I wouldn't find out

Attached: Charles the Sequel of Spain.jpg (800x1100, 461K)

This show is fucking amazing. Episode 4 atm with the introduction to the hunter.

What comics are worth reading?
What shit gets retconned?

Attached: 1567374360114.jpg (1165x1167, 453K)

So do the sequel comics explain how Jen and Kira aren't just the end of their species?

Why does everyone default to inbred medieval royals when they talk about ugly rich people? The Rothschilds look like disgusting ghouls, and we have photos of them in 4KHD.

They were really busy. Gelflings already look like our boy Charles, so no harm in a little bit of incest.

>now Deet who he genuinely cares about is Darkened
Poor dude can't catch a break

It's not gay if it's with yourself

Hey, a smart post on Yea Forums of all places

Deet is neat!

Attached: 029872.png (640x640, 251K)

Best pairing, cutest characters.
they come from the same being and are connected, but they are still two independent individuals. Out of all the skeksis and mystics they are the only ones who decided to pair up, they are totally gay.

Attached: 1567719331690.jpg (1280x1673, 1.09M)

B-BUT I WAS A GOOD GELFING!

Attached: zzz.png (1920x1080, 1.26M)

Even if they have a tenth, a hundreth, of the powerlevel of the Hunter then Gelfling becomes wreckedling.

ONLY GOOD GELFING IS DRAINED GELFING

Are they even that good at soldiering? To be honest they seemed mostly ceremonial. Oh they have gear and training but how many of them have actually seen real combat? Feels like most of what they do is fuck with the podling caterers.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM GOOD GOYFLING!

NOOOOO I DON'T WANNA BE ESSENCE

Attached: when you nutted but he still draining.png (360x285, 119K)

Deet's a good egg.

'ou called?

Attached: 1567110133066.jpg (700x505, 47K)

based immortal wizard, I ended up liking her a lot more that I thought I would. I wonder how she reacts when the gelfling get genocided.

>every single Gelfling in this series is destined to die horribly
Makes it kind of hard to get attached to any of them. This is why I don't like prequels.

Well that's gross.

>Well that's hot
Fixed that for you

Attached: charles II.png (1670x2000, 3.23M)

we don't know the details of the genocide. Some more could easily have survived like jen and kira.

Attached: 1567934032421.jpg (1280x1600, 558K)

You could probably easily overpower and have your way with a gelfling.

Attached: 1522187844520.png (780x411, 94K)

Kino poster

I was blessed enough to get it as my Netflix thumbnail

Some more almost have to survive to keep the species going after the original film.

For females you'd probably want some bug spray to stun them. Maybe a flyswatter.

Once this story is done being told, would you like the story to go forward, that is with Jen and Kira, or even furthur backwards, the arrival and separation of the urSkeks seeing the skeksis when they weren't so corrupt, as well as some of the ones that died shortly after they were separated?

Flypaper

Oh come on, you wouldn't want them to get all sticky! That'd be terrible!

very nice

Oh no. Oh nooooo.

Although I would make tender sweet love to Jen.

What's worse is Aughra clearly looked at these guys and figured "They seem legit, I'm sure they can be trusted with the Crystal of Truth."

>the Emperor takes second seat to Chamberlain
Based.

Look at Aughra and tell me that rationale doesn't make sense.

They're only like 2-3 feet tall. It'd be like fucking a girl with your arm.

Honestly one human with a sword could storm the crystal castle in one go as long as there weren't many Garthim around

since bobb'n had 2 gay fathers, do you think he had a 90% chance of being molested, or do gelflings not do that kind of thing?

do you have any more?
it soothes the soul

You liked the world? You get more of that, but you also get developed characters, intrigue, memorable dialogue and jokes, if you watch the series.

To be fair. She didn't entrust the crystal to the Skeksis. She left it to the UrSkeks.

I laughed way too fucking hard at how much that bird actually has his body language. What the fuck Jim Henson.

>no garthin
>skeksis were the only good part of the show
>podlings went from simple rustic folk, to downright shit eating retards
the show was ok, i dont know why people are praising it so damn much. id rather have watched a show about the skeksis and their shenanigans

the heretic is best boy however

>Because the people in power told those under their rule to be racist to split the people apart
Historically, most empires have to work AGAINST peoples' inherent tribalism to keep their patchwork of different groups together instead of splitting the empire at the seams. Tribes being racist against each other is the general rule, rather than the exception.

>do you think he had a 90% chance of being molested
Only if he's been around Skeksis
>do gelflings not do that kind of thing?
Probably not

She did wake up from time to time and knew the Skeksis enough (or so she thought) to let them keep it

TELL ME ABOUT SKEKMAL
WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK

The Rothschilds you are talking about have nothing special considering they are very old and brittish.

Most millionaires and billionaires are very old, too.

She thought it was all bants

He's a big guy

you can, but will show that you are lazy or not really care
except if his backstory is that is the only skeksis or mystic that can survive with out his other half because he is that special?

WAS GETTING SHOT PART OF YOUR PLAN?

I wonder if it’s the skull of one of the two that died at the beginning or a completely different animal all together?

if the mystics actually cared about thra or the gelflings they would all have committed sudoku a long time ago

Realistically speaking, unless you have a 12" cock, Gelfling are pretty easy to fuck. A short stack can only really take up to about 1/3 of their total height's worth of cock so humans and Gelfling could smash pretty easily

>except if his backstory is that is the only skeksis or mystic that can survive with out his other half because he is that special?
That's coldsteel levels of OC, no thanks

Why don't they just get a new crystal out of the crystal desert?

>a short stack could only take 1/3 of their total heights worth of cock
why are we talking about fucking a plate of pancakes?

Gelfling are basically potatoes.

That's the point, they may be benevolent per se but their inactivity overall contributed to the fall of Thra. That's why the Archer's arc was overcoming his selfish nature to save what be could.

They used to look better before degenerating both physically and morally.

>puppet show within a puppet show

Attached: 1564290798488.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

Which is why after the success of the homogenization between the tribes and the formation of an empire that you (that is to say the people in power) have to redraw the lines of division again. A united populace is one hard to control or rule because you have no levers. If everyone is clamoring for shit but all agree that everyone else has merit how do you influence them towards /your/ goals? Better to make some of them think that they're "better" than the rabble and as such that their opinions have more weight. If you can convince the rabble of the same then all you have to do is focus on the "superior" crowd to control the lot.

Why try to control the sheep when you can simply train a few dogs to herd for you? Hence the Vapra living in castles and everyone else staying in huts. All the Skeksis had to do was keep the Vapra in line and the rest followed suit. You see an example of this with the Bitch cowing three tribes with nothing more than a stern glare after she fucked up one of the
few leaders willing to call her a bird dick sucking idiot to her face.

Attached: Swag Personified.jpg (769x1000, 159K)

Because the special McGuffin crystal is unique, I guess.

Completely different scale
The Crystal of Truth/Dark Crystal is the primordial heart of the planet and all else came from it

The Skeksis even tried to build a new crystal, but the attempts failed and they just took to bashing the failed copies with swords in their arguments

I thought pod people were potatoes.

One question, I haven't really gotten into TDC, but have seen the movie. One thing struck me was the part where they put one of the puppets in the water. Most puppet related shows avoid doing things like this. Does the series contain any more gelflings in the mud or water?

some, yeah

Yes and yes.

>Which is why after the success of the homogenization between the tribes and the formation of an empire that you (that is to say the people in power) have to redraw the lines of division again. A united populace is one hard to control or rule because you have no levers. If everyone is clamoring for shit but all agree that everyone else has merit how do you influence them towards /your/ goals?
By actually being competent? For as much shit as we give to the middle ages the nobility were the objective best class to rule due to better breeding, access to education, and its somthing they were actually trained to do since childhood.
For every shitty noble there were a dozen those carrying on normally.

Your 'elite manufactured interior racism' is nothing but modern revisionism! A weak, evidence-less argument to claim all people are equal and its always someone elses fault certain groups fail time and again.

Life lessons that are valuable even to adulthood.

Attached: Brothers from another season.gif (220x165, 532K)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Attached: CB0F09E3-4364-448A-8DA7-4C15AD7CC241.jpg (396x339, 96K)

Well, the Skeksis are pretty much reptile-vulture people. They would be moving around like birds.
Also birds with long necks tend to look like hand puppets with the way they move them around. I mean, can you scratch your back using your nose? A swan can do it with its beak.

>Better to make some of them think that they're "better" than the rabble and as such that their opinions have more weight.
That's something that is simply bound to happen organically. You assign a task to a group of strangers, one of them is going to take the lead. If you are talking about aristocracy and hereditary privilige, that is something that goes more with the formation of polities than after. Often, it simply works by simply re-afirming the priviliges of subgroups that already existed in the groups that you just absorbed (very common in european colonialism). Other times, it's a reward for services done, usually of a military nature - so it follows from meritocracy to aristocracy; this maturation process isn't as solid as most people figure: some patrician families, for example, would often turn out to be poorer are less famous than plebeian families, and this was because the roman empire was so active commercially and militarily that there was a strong turnover from the many new opportunities to prove yourself and start your own illustrous line or shame your ancestors and fall into obscurity.

Smart posts

Milf.

Attached: dark-crystal-netflix-maudra-fara.jpg (2500x3746, 2.35M)

>By actually being competent? For as much shit as we give to the middle ages the nobility were the objective best class to rule due to better breeding, access to education, and its somthing they were actually trained to do since childhood.
For every shitty noble there were a dozen those carrying on normally.
Bait to be sure, but I can never give up the chance at a philosophical discussion.

Now if I may raise the question little gelfling, who /gave/ them that power? They gained that education, that training, the ability to rule even, by having opportunities a dirt covered peasant could never even dream of.

The Skeksis ruled thra because the Crystal was given to them due to their "lineage" of being born of the Urseks. They weren't inherently better than the Gelfling. Hell if anything the series proves that by having them abuse the crystal to the point where it's killing the planet.

They caused the division of the tribes to control them, same as the ones in power divide "the underclasses" today. Racism was created for one simple reason, so that those who are different or encountered outside of the empire cannot influence the powerbase of those already in control. Even better it's a self perpetuating cycle, all you need is one generation taught the "truth" from childhood and they'll keep to it like gospel (Everyone knows Grotlings are filthy, Everyone knows Vapran's are stuck up bitches, Everyone knows Sifran are thieves.) For the Skeksis Gelflings die like goldfish, so they just had to set it once and then after a few trine they could rake in the tribute.

Attached: 441.jpg (600x635, 31K)

I can't believe these innocent creatures were so damn horny they repopulated a whole planet.

Attached: the-dark-crystal-netlfix-590x391.jpg (590x391, 61K)

They didn't repopulate. Other hiding Gelflings arose again after Skeksis were defeated.

The series does more with the plot.

>Racism was created for one simple reason, so that those who are different or encountered outside of the empire cannot influence the powerbase of those already in control.
It was not 'created', revisionist, its human nature for better or ill.
>who /gave/ them that power? They gained that education, that training, the ability to rule even, by having opportunities a dirt covered peasant could never even dream of.
It varys, To the romans, through military service or mercantile success. To the Norse successful raids, being a leader of men, or mercantile success. To the Chinese, Military or bureaucratic success.
The founders of all great lines first worked to establish themselves. Some had it rougher than others but dose that not just make a better, more inspirational story anyway?

also your more describing a caste system, which is not quite the same as the 'racism' your trying to link it too.

Then begun the great orgy.

Maybe
We'll see what the show has to say in the next season

IF WE HAD ONE

The mc was surprisingly useless through the entire movie. Male gelflings are quite lame overall, no wonder they live in a matriarchy

I'm tempted to rewatch the show AGAIN but I know it's excessive. At the same time, I'm still in the mood for some more puppetkino. Is Thunderbolt Fantasy worth a watch?

Attached: SKEKSIS_POWER_RANKINGS.png (699x1167, 481K)

no that's just called autism

I liked Jen. He was just a complete innocent raised among creatures that were barely awake on a good day. Of course he's gonna derp around like a child.

Yes.

That scene with the volunteers was also so lewd and hilarious I swear they did it on purpose for people to meme.

>They weren't inherently better than the Gelfling.
Well, not morally, but it's pretty clear that they were much stronger and much wiser. A gelfling couldn't have hundreds of trines' worth of learning.

Judging by the diverse castle staff, they weren't building a caste system for Gelflings or something like that. The skeksis were never seen using race politics to work the All-Maudra and the other Gelflings. Maybe the comics will have something on that, but the series and movie never mention Skeksis using that sort of divide-and-conquer plot.

The gelflings each had their own cultures and lived apart from each other, so it's only natural that a sense of otherness arose and strong in-group preference followed. Like, when we learn Deet doesn't wash her hands, that's a score point against her group in our minds (and the other Gelfling's) because hand washing is something we favor.

But WHAT is it all about? What the fuck is a Holky polky to begin with?

Attached: 1440451147081.jpg (1024x576, 56K)

4 ARMS!

The muppets always had a bit of a underhanded nod to the adults while the kids were watching, so them doing something like that in the Dark Crystal isn't that surprising.
Still Kino though.

Me too. Yeah he's not as competent as Kira but he was still adorable to follow and if anything his lack of skill was absolutely in character.

>but the series and movie never mention Skeksis using that sort of divide-and-conquer plot.
Brea THEORIZES that the tithing system is used to keep the gelfling from accumulating too much
And then there's stuff like Scrollkeeper gifting Mayrin the necklace that poor couple gave as their tithe
So there's a bit of touching on it

I felt so bad for the one kid the Ritual Master was licking his lips at, that must have been an uncomfortable as fuck situation.
Them kicking out the old guy was fucking hilarious though.

>3ft tall

It'd feel huge to them

Attached: IMG_20190908_102503.jpg (900x665, 114K)

>It's not about size. It's about... vigor

Attached: c61ad307bd1e6ca0e80e6703de8a2438.jpg (563x363, 22K)

I can't feel myself thinking gelflings had deliberately chose crystal castle's ruins to fuck just to insult Skeksis memories.

Now that SkekMal is gone, who will yeet

Attached: why.png (1078x938, 661K)

>It's not about size, it's about... vigorrrr...

Does no one will point out that long lost mystics' hideout were just a couple of miles away from motherfuckng crystal castle in the movie?

There's always the Mariner, I imagine she'll be pretty physically cpable.

>as they say... what's good in the gourd is good in the gelfling.
Am I watching Xavier the renegade angel?

Garthim will fuck shit up I hope

MY DEADLY GARTHIM

Was Mariner the slave owner one? I hope we'll see more gelfling suffering in the next season.

Funniest fucking line/exchange in the series for me.

>"Who says that?"
>"Everyone."

I don't think the skeksis cared much. They can't harm or kill the mystics without harming or killing themselves.

Attached: IMG_20190908_102814.jpg (1136x640, 67K)

No, it's not for the Skeksis, I meant for the gelflings since they were the ones who thought mystic stuff was just a myth.

>hensons not putting puppets in water
Frank Oz had to be underwater during Muppet Caper because there's a whole synchronised swimming scene with Miss Piggy.

No the mariner is the mariner.
Skekna is the slave master

The Mariner is SkekSa. The Slavemaster is SkekNa

I wonder if the crystal bats will be made during this

Team America did it. It apparently freaked out the people who funded the movie.

This castle is afraid of me...I have seen its true face. The halls are extended gutters and the gutters are full of darkening and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated corruption of all their exploitation and essence draining will foam up about their waists and all the skeksis will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No."

Attached: The-Dark-Crystal-Age-of-Resistance-Season-2-Deet-Darkening.jpg (738x369, 31K)

Does gelfling essence...taste good?

gelflings are creepier than skeksis

Attached: tumblr_f360e3a4cfeb003877d0a35fa949a5fa_1fc926a1_1280.jpg (1280x971, 218K)

Is the novelization of the movie any good?

Look at that dick, goddamn.

Probably tastes like the white cherry Gatorade

For what purpose?

hahahaha! Holy shit

Dear god these degenerates would kill a female gelfling if that's the average size.GOOSH GOOSH

Good stuff. Deet is pure, but I also kind of want her to go full edgelord and really wreck shit. And then they'll have to put her down.

Hehe peen

Tastes like cum

god, that made me kek so hard

Attached: 1540292721802.jpg (500x375, 18K)

naked jen drowning

Attached: tumblr_pohvv5sLRm1tg9ln0_1280.jpg (700x559, 74K)

barely visible naked kira body in the background

Attached: tumblr_p7ynx2xddl1v230yto1_1280.jpg (1280x901, 387K)

more barely visible naked kira

Attached: tumblr_p9conc3pWu1v230yto1_500.jpg (487x505, 57K)

extremely barely visible naked kira backside

Attached: tumblr_pbgsb8tov91v230yto1_1280.jpg (1187x1130, 246K)

Deliciously flat

jen construction

my holy grail is to find a full naked picture of kira's body. they gave a jen a penis but did they sculpt kira's privates as well?

Attached: tumblr_png118j79G1tg9ln0_1280.jpg (1101x1717, 390K)

>Skeksis observe the execution of the last Gelfling.jpg

Shortstack is the meme phrase for "Midget I want to fuck"

SEARCH THE LAND
SEARCH THE WATER
SEARCH THE SKY

Attached: [email protected] (420x420, 76K)

Do you think each one specifically knows their own counterpart? Can they sense it? Proving it wouldn't be hard as long as they were face to face since all they'd have to do is poke themselves and see which person on the other side says, "Ouch." Still I can't help but imagine the Skeksis sitting around after all the confusion following their birth, especially after they realize killing one destroys its counter, and have had very long, intense arguments about which Mystic is their other half.

somebody should make a webm of the emperor removing his prosthetic beak

I felt more pain watching these dudes get brutally slaughtered than any of the gelfling deaths

Attached: Gruenak.png (1082x571, 212K)

Just read the Creation Myths one last night and it was a real good look about how things came to be where they're at. It seems to still be in line with what is in the show more or less.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: nogelfling.jpg (348x387, 82K)

Where can one read these

Do we know the time frame between show and movie? Are the movie characters even in the show?

Indeed, it was particularly brutal as the show went

user, have you watched either?

We don't. It's left vague. Could be 50 trine, could be 200 trine.

just noticed the thread goes through the nasal cavity

gnarly

>>You couldn't Deetfend her

Guys, what's the watch/read order for The Dark Crystal? I've read the thread and from what I understand the new series is a better version of the 80s move, is that right? Yet, there are apparently comics? And now and are implying they're two different stories. I'm fucking confused.

How *would* Trial by Lead work? Trial by Stone had them using swords to hack off pieces of a rock. Trial by Fire involves the two opponents standing on red hot stone slabs and seeing who can hold the most weight before jumping off.

Skeksis rituals and punishments aren't designed to kill each other so Trial by Lead wouldn't be a straight up duel.

Read Comics Online

Just the movie so far.

No, no. That was my mistake, I know the Skeksis are the same characters, I meant the Gelflings, I wasn't sure if the two movie main character Gelflings were in the show. I just worded it stupidly.

>better version of the 80s movie
Up to opinion

Comics are either lore for the past, or stuff that happens after the movie. Series is prequel that takes place before the movie but not as far back as Myths

Watch movie and series in whatever order you want, either works

>I meant the Gelflings, I wasn't sure if the two movie main character Gelflings were in the show
No, Jen and Kira do not feature in the show (at least, not yet)
It is set a decent chunk of time before the movie

>I'm not that old...

>work hard to unite the people under your rule
>"Okay, we've finally united the people. Now, how do we divide them?"
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS.

Why isn't anyone helping him?

Attached: bestbois.jpg (2000x2000, 461K)

It's better this way.

>have skeks inceladon

Imagine if skekTek figured out guns tho

Deet knows how to make bombs.

He'd have to figure out how to make gunpowder first

When?

Attached: audreyII_feat.jpg (800x459, 257K)

Skesis look weak and frail but are fearsome in battle. The Chamberlain himself could take on 20 Gelfling. The novels have already stated this.

The general couldn't even take one gelfling in battle

why did the grunak slaves have to get so brutally btfo? They just wanted to be free....

the popular fan theory is a bunch of gelflings will flee past the crystal desert (which the novelization of TDC years ago stated the Skesis don't bother with) or maybe move to a new world

>Are the movie characters in the show?
A majority of the Skeksis that are in the movie play a large part in the show. Aughra also plays a large part in the show.

Mystics: Gentle but lazy, apathetic, cowardly, and submissive

Skesis: Cruel but ambitious, driven, innovative, and powerful

Keep in mind the very first thing the Skesis do upon splitting is kill 2 mystics, which causes the rest of the mystics to flee in terror

This is why UrSkeks had to recombine, both sides had severe flaws

next we need a puppet show of the heretic's puppet show

Attached: Chamberlain.png (930x1005, 452K)

Besides Chamberlain and General none of the Skesis seemed unique in the movie, mostly background extras

I'm glad this series had enough time to give them distinct identities and traits

All Skeksis have the capacity to bowl Gelflings, they simply must get /fit/

Hmmmmmmmm

Attached: MmmmHMMM.png (647x465, 120K)

hmmmmmm

OR PERHAPS HE’S WONDERING WHY YOU’D STAB A SKEKS BEFORE THROWING HIM INTO A GOBBLE PATCH

Hmmmmmm

Attached: hmmmm.jpg (400x289, 30K)

Thra seems pretty small. IIRC in Jim Henson's original concepts it was a triangular mass only about 900km from tip to bottom (roughly the size of UK)

The Skesis are aware of their counterparts and periodically will share dreams with each other. Most Skesis are afraid of the mystics and vice-versa.

plot armor gelfling with special sword. The rest of the skesis found it hilarious he lost

8 Skesis with swords were enough to represent a serious threat to Gelfling existence

Ritual master is decently memorable, as far as the movie skeksis go.

>All this bullshit started because space jackasses were exiled to backwater world

Attached: dance.gif (246x382, 1.38M)

why the fuck did the archer turn into pixie dust before hitting the ground

meh, as a kid I only remembered Chamberlain, General, and Emperor

The Mystics are still absolutely non-memoable though. Even in the original movie they had zero stuff going on with them. I want season 2 to allow some mystic development

SkekUng's voice actor is still alive but 82. I hope he has the mental facilities to return to do the voice for S2

Hmmmmm

Attached: IMG_20190904_202451.jpg (1412x1200, 181K)

General 2

HMMMMMMMM

Terminal velocity?

I'm gonna go on a limb and say he knew damn well what was gonna happen so his body cut to the chase.

Would've loved to see him literally go out in a puff of smoke tho.

Most grievous violation of the prime directive yet. Picard would be pissed.

It's gonna be hard to replace skekung's va either way.
He was top tier shouting ham

This art style is perfect for them

>The Chamberlain himself could take on 20 Gelfling
Nigga they're like 30 inches tall, I'm sure if I had a spear and shield or something I could take on, like, five fully decked out Gelfling. Replace me with someone who's got experience in some form of armed combat, like an ancient Roman soldier with scutum and pilum, and they could do the same as the Chamberlain.

Maybe they shoot captured podlings

hmmmmmm

It's just a marksmanship competition. Like how trial by stone is a strength comp.

underrated

Mystic shit nigga

HMMMMMMMM

Attached: skeksis.darkcrystal.jpg (1200x675, 66K)

>Gelflings prepare to fight all heroically and shit
>Chamberlain whips out a fucking gat

This is AOR S2 if they don't get the same kinda budget they got for this season.

I really want to see the skeks with overly ornate crystal and sharp edge studded flintlock pistols and muskets and blunderbusses

This seems like a lie.

HMmmmmm

So what are the chances of this getting a season 2?

POP POP POP hhHHmmmm Making GELFLINGS DROP!

HMMMMMMMM

>calling my boy Hup a retard

>rando guard snitches

It was that little asshole his dad appointed as acting captain of the guard when he left.

I just finished episode 4 and HOLY FUCK! What an emotional rollercoaster that ending was! Hunter is fucking NUTZ! When this show goes full horror it is gruesome as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=cKAdKKsHPo4

I can't binge watch this should though, I just need a break after every episode to let it sink in for a bit...

Attached: Skeksis hunter.jpg (480x480, 59K)

Shit's gonna get wilder
Fab chamberlain times dead ahead

HMMMMMMMM

Attached: RCO023_1548234040.jpg (1040x1600, 248K)

Hup was a chad that just happened to be born in the body of a podling.

>video starts with skekSil turning on camera
>disappointed hmmmmm
>"Did not WANT to make this video. Chamberlain is very, VERY sorry for draining Gelfling, yes? Was only kidding! Slight lapse of judgement, hmmm? Please forgive? Make peace, yes? Hmmmm? Please? Pleeeeeeease? Please?"

Attached: chamb.png (573x573, 536K)

Skeet shooting thrown podlings

yeah but in-universe skesis are powerful

One thing I'm confused about... What did Seladon do to in that throne room fight? I've watched that scene a few times, and as far as I can tell, it looks like she smacks her out of the air with some kind of telekinetic power or something, which is never explained? I'm seeing that wrong?

Attached: Dark-Crystal-Seladon-makeover-1.png (960x540, 534K)

Literally just grabbed her wing

Chamberlain is literally Starscream.

No wonder I like him so much.

I was waiting for Hup to die horribly all season he seemed to have a target on his head

Attached: hm.png (269x276, 177K)

Am I the only one that genuinely loves the Gelflings this time around

Grabs her and throws her down

nah they're actually interesting and fun, unlike the movie.

Poor Skesis Treasurer is the only Skesis in Age of Resistance not mentioned or seen

A SPIRITED PODLING WILL CONTAIN MUCH ESSENCE

Gelflings in the movie were boring and hollow as fuck.

They're still vastly inferior to the Skesis in the show in terms of entertainment value but at least there's something there. The key is they had 10 hours to make them interesting instead of 1.5

I actually started to sympathize with them

They can be pretty interesting, especially how they played off the clan differences.

Do the skeksis really need a treasurer, collector and ornamentalist? Seems redundant

I sympathsized with Skesis after that bit with the General and Emperor talking about their nightmares

They don't need any of it. Their specialties are all just aspects of their fallen UrSkeks.

Why did the urskeks need three greedy fucks?

Scientist is really the only vital one. Odd he's the most abused when they'd all be dead without him. He not only holds the key to their longevity but also the Garthim that beat the Gelflings

Ornamentalist made their outfits and shit.
Collector went out and collected shit from the gelflings.
Treasurer...???

Because they were a bunch of assholes banished from their home dimension. They aren't a purposeful group.

Hmmmmmmmm!

Attached: 1BD78213-E882-416A-89A9-F6A95CEAFEE3.jpg (825x1050, 125K)

None of them were greedy

The Ornamentalist is the counterpart to the Mystic UrUtt the Weaver and together they formed the UrSkeks EktUtt who presumably as a sewing/costume making fan

The Collector is the counterpart to UrSen the Austere

and so on. They're all just halves of incomplete beings.

Urskeks didnt. They were just randos that got kicked out of their home world.

Keeps track of what they have, I suppose

I gotta say I'm shocked they're no SJW crap in this

Treasurer managed all their money but by the movie there was basically nobody left alive on Thra so I dont see what point money had

Treasurer does teh most evil thing possible in all of Thra, raise taxes

Good. Fuck banks

Real question is what a treasurer even be doing if not at the castle of the crystal?
Is he running the economy somewhere?

Isn't the gelfling economy just a gift economy?

Hmmmmm

Given he's the only one that isn't even name dropped they probably forgot about him

He's just be sitting in the Castle money bin for hundreds of years counting the dosh over and over again and none of the other skeks have bothered to drag him out

imagine being the mystics chilling in your hidey hole for 991 years then suddenly the one connected to the Collector just explodes

I agree, that would be a good conclusion to her arc. She really got a raw deal, though. The irony and tragedy of how bright eyed and innocent she set out to save the Sanctuary Tree to how she ended up in the last episode.

>that pun
Goddammit, user. You made me laugh and feel sad at the same time.

Possible.
Maybe he didn't want anything to do with all the typical skeksis shut. Just wanted fat loot.

Start with the show since it's the most recent thing and tells a complete and self-contained story, if you like it and want more then watch the movie to see where Henson started this whole thing, then branch out into the comics and novels if you want even more. If you have extra time, you could re-watch the show a second time to pick up on the little nonessential nods to the movie you missed the first time.

It's more like
>work hard to stop people under your rule from warring with and killing each other
>"Okay, now how do we sow some petty squabbles and mild discontent to distract them from our exploitation?"
The trick is to keep everyone peaceful, but squabbling.

Daily reminder.

Attached: 1567559279822.jpg (1863x816, 193K)

They didn't deserve to live

Attached: Dark-Crystal-Two-Become-One.jpg (2368x1002, 330K)

Was the four arms autism really as bad as people say it was?

What's the meme here anyway? Some dude was shitposting angry that they do or don't have another set of arms in AoR? They do in the film, but they seem largely vestigial.

Where do we learn that anyway?

They thought the age of resistance was retconning parts of the movie

There was a dude ranting across many posts and multiple threads how Netflix "ruined" the skeksis. One of his chief complaints was that the show depicted the skeksis with 4 arms but the movie only showed the mystics with 4 arms. He insisted that he reviewed the Chamberlain disrobing scene several times frame by frame in slow motion and could not see any extra arms. Then someone else posted that screenshot of the Blu-ray version of the movie and BTFO the autist.

During the puppet show

Still fucks me up how the comics ruined the message of the movie

Like, turns out the ritual could have worked if one of them hadn't been mad

It's not just that, the background materials imply the Crystal of Truth is just one of many connected facets of some sort of higher-dimensional eldritch creator deity, and many planets have them.

It's how the urSkeks stepped across space - they found another crystal that was being powered up by a Great Conjunction, tuned their crystal in, used the power to open a tunnel with a gate at either crystal and passed through.

In the movie the Scientist's mystic just fucking explodes as they're going to the castle and just keep going on their way.

Yeah, I always thought the point was the Urskeks were experimenting with the crystal to harness its power and accidentally broke it, which caused them all to be split apart because the crystal's reaction to being broke fucked them up. But it turns out they got split apart for no real good reason and then just kind of got stuck because one of the skeksis was a dick and broke the crystal in a fit of rage for no reason.

This scene was so cathartic, God did Seladon need a fucking eye opener.

They got away scot fucking free

Did you watch the film first or the series first.

Watched the series then the film.

the split was because they were trying to find a shortcut to end their punishment (exile on Thra) by purging their darker elements instead of learning to be better

It's only going to get worse for SkekTek. We see how he lost his eye, but IIRC by the time of the movie he loses a leg and both arms as well.

it's actually the ritual master who said that

Oh, okay... that's a lot better than what I thought.

In the credits we see the land instantly restored and green, so I always assumed that all the gelflings whose essence got absorbed returned to Thra in that moment and will either be reborn or maybe even just respawned magically.

Hmmmmmm

A chamberlain is simply someone who tends to a lord in his bedchambers. His role is arguably the most useless out of all of them.

>not ornamentalist

so who says the prophecy that the Gelflings will destroy the Skesis and when do they hear about it? Because there's no reference to the prophecy in the series

Attached: Capture.png (395x195, 12K)

The dream wall is what tells about the prophecy. My guess is that after the Garthim are unleashed for the first time, the gelflings will be feeling rather hopeless and they'll come together to dream up a solution. Then the dream wall goes up and the gelfling get killed by the Garthim but the wall remains for other gelflings to read the story.

I'll out myself as a filthy zoomer and say I watched the film when Odd1sOut made a video on it a few years ago. I actually fucking adored it and it's still one of my all-time favorite films. I got into the lore shortly after and left it alone not thinking it'd get anymore content. But lo and behold, just a few days after I finished combing through everything, they announce this show out of nowhere. I was cautiously optimistic about it and a little peeved that the only thing we saw from it for ages was a shot of skekTek turning around and that was it until the first trailer. I'm happy to say the show exceeded all my expectations, looking forward to more.

Attached: large_550_tmp_2F1513720001544-6lx683lb5ol-bbdc7d7805f2cd46f5ac63f94b1fc18d_2F616892458642.jpg (550x550, 484K)

I like how you can clearly see one of the puppeteers in the scene where the gruenaks are fighting skektek

I'm disappointed the series didn't show the political parties the Skesis have

>Military Faction
SkekVar
SkekUng
Slave Master
Scientist
Heretic (originally)

>Religious Faction
Ritual Master
Treasurer
Gourmand
Collector
Satirist

>Political Faction
Chamberlain
Ornamentalist
Scroll Keeper
Mariner

screenshot?

You're thinking of a chamber maid

Can't take one right now, but it's at the time stamp of 28:15, of episode 10, bottom right of screen.

Grunak make good base for Garthim, yes? Very thick bodies from which to form bindings for Scientist's machines! Friend Grunaks loved helping Scientist make Emperor's army! All had to do was follow directions!

Attached: allthingskill.png (1266x2276, 2.75M)

Oh...
Gonna have to rewatch then.

NOW BY THE LAW
HE MUST PAY

Skeksis aren't religious

>Scroll Keeper actually keeps up this illusion of a kind and benevolent lord and manages to trick the queen into shaming that one girl out of her pendant instead of just straight up demanding it
For some reason I really liked that scene, just some good old scummy manipulation to show how the villains manage to convince everything they're the good guys despite being really evil.

Attached: 12341324321412.jpg (1200x1602, 987K)

>You know a revival is successful when people start making porn.
FTFY

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Skeksis are immortal! Skeksis rule Thra!

Skeksis do not take what is not given!

What use have gods for religion?

Attached: 68829895_175649966813030_7410740792406693335_n.jpg (1080x1080, 120K)

For all you collectorfags out there, Weta has confirmed they're making a Deet statue like they did for Rian, Hup, and the Emperor.

SkekSo needs to brush his fucking teeth

We know there are at least some shops, from when Deet and Hup get to the Varpas' capital. Hup steals a dress for Deet.

The "gifts" are really taxes paid to the Skeksis, who don't want to seem forceful (until they drop the façade and just start literally liquidating their subjects).

That scene was so good

>Sad!
>So sad!

>tfw never get to hug gurjin

>Why do gelfling hurt us so!?

>SkekUng
>Slavemaster
Weren't they the same guy? The one who became Garthim master and general and later became the Emperor?

The movie is almost 40 years old, so these aren't spoilers.

Skekung is the garthim master/general and later the new emperor
Skekna is the slave master, in charge of the podling slaves

Slavemaster is the dude with the hook hand

Imagine Deet's feet.

Attached: deetdeet.png (720x864, 1.09M)

>But I keep you all alive! Without me, you'd all have been dead trines upon trines ago.
>You have a point, but let's not forget this more important one: ... ... NEEEEEEERRRRDDDD!

Attached: SkekUng.jpg (1200x1609, 423K)

As to why did Aughra let the Skeksis hang out:

The Urskeks shared tech with the people of Thra. After the split, SkekSo promissed Aughra they'd keep sharing their tech (he left out that he planned to build an evil empire).

The observatory where Aughra slept was actually built AFTER the split, by SkekTek which in the distant past became a friend of Aughra.

I think knowing that makes the scene with SkekTek strapping Aughra to the chair much more poignant.

They don’t have deities but they are religious. They have a ritual master and brand one of their own heretic

Oh OK.

Hey Weta where the FUCK is my SkekMal statue. I'll pay twice what I did for the emperor.

Attached: IMG_20190904_172724.jpg (1000x662, 66K)

>unwashed

Why was SkekMal the only one who stayed /fit/

MY TEETH ARE ETERNAL

Attached: c8bdb1a2-7f86-4530-bd29-22b3c61ef454.jpg (720x540, 107K)

Because he was out hunting all the time instead of cavorting like the Greeks of old... you know the ones I mean.

They're not the only parts of that are unwashed...

Attached: thefrstdarkdrystalageofresistance.jpg (900x690, 31K)

You can't be a hunter and not fit

...why would I wash my feet?

Attached: Dark-Crystal-Age-of-Resistance.png (618x412, 310K)

Your nose and finger ain't

So you were the madlad last thread who forked over 500 bucks because of digits? Based. I would too but I'm broke as fuck right now. I'll settle for the Deet pop and this Hunter figure.

Attached: Dark Crystal AOR - Funko-01.jpg (960x960, 170K)

HERESY! I have decreed that my finger and nose are fine!

Attached: 15658333337ce0f1bc8af8766054a6e144ccdbf779.jpg (769x1000, 123K)

I vaguely remember an old film about some kinda humming tortoises and some old velociraptor looking dudes or some shit. What the hell is all this? What happened?

Prequel series to the film was released on Netflix about a week ago and it's fucking fantastic

An actually good netflix series. No seriously.

>What happened?
About 37 years of lorebuilding culminating in a Netflix series directed by an absolute madman of an auteur.

Watch them. watch them again
We need views, desperately

IIRC The World of the Dark Crystal says the prophecy was divined by seven circles of seven Gelfling all dreamfasting at once, who then made the Wall of Destiny.

It'll be interesting to see if the movie goes with that.

Attached: bd6a2.jpg (1280x1280, 191K)

Does Netflix track total views or total users/profiles who viewed or total accounts that viewed?

PODLING JUSTISTA!

I haven't a clue

I don't want Deet to die bros

Attached: 1564648677412.png (152x254, 40K)

Prophecy's probably a Season 2 opener. Like the books had the Prophecy Wall being etched into being after SkekMal's death and it was seeing that after the huge morale loss of the Hunter that led to them bailing to the castle instead of La Deet Violeta.

I want to know what their currency is. Apart from the shops we see Brea giving Cadia some little standardised-looking blue crystal chunk things, but it's never really explored.

I think they mostly worship themselves.

If it turns out they track profiles only then all my rewatches would be for naught

Attached: 1512569632531.jpg (349x349, 25K)

It's probably a mixture of a gift economy with some barter thrown in

Attached: 6.png (836x489, 524K)

Guess I'll just have to watch the show on 24/7 loop simultaneously across 10 subscriptions each with 10 profiles just to be safe.

I just want to hold and protect her. She's too pure and cute.

>tfw she will never fall asleep on your chest

That's why you need to shill it to your friends and family. Shill with all strength, unlock your inner jew. For her.

Attached: dark-crystal-netflix-gelfling-2.jpg (1284x856, 134K)

Attached: MOAR glasses.png (1280x1708, 365K)

They're a fucking huge company, they definitely track all of that. I'd imagine they also track rewatch rates and the amount of people who finished the whole series and all that. Which stats matter to them the most though, they haven't really revealed. They really only reveal specific numbers when an original show or film breaks a record and they wanna brag about it to their shareholders or something (Bright, Bird Box, Stranger Things).

I love how he takes a second to spin that.
>Aw shit he's got a point we did drain his bitch
>Wait, we did eat her, well drink her, whatever.
>"All things kill, natural order. She was just whopper in room full of hungry dudes yes."

Attached: scrollkeeper.png (1280x1453, 1.36M)

...It was not 'created', revisionist, its human nature for better or ill.

You are a fuckin ignorant,read something other than comics/manga

Segregation and Slavery is old as humanity but Racism is a term used by politicians (usually from left)to exploit the hatred of the poor against any mainstream target,an old tactic with a modern and more Memetastic Name.

"White Man is The Devil"="He don't like your Waifu"

Attached: 1565317199093.jpg (474x541, 67K)

We need this with Scroll Keeper

Attached: 0a1.jpg (643x820, 80K)

I dont understand how the Skeks were ever a problem, when the "general" wants to 1 VS 1 ME FAGGOT with Rian and gets fucking rekt by a single Gelfling. Even if he didnt have the magic sword, a normal sword stab would have fucked the skek up.

A Gelfling can hold their own in 1 vs 1 combat with a Skeksis, but somehow an entire nations worth of Gelflings has trouble with like 10 old and dying birdmen?

>I'd forgotten how ugly you all are!

I reread Creation Myths
you're right, I'm wrong
I'm not one for headcanon even though in this case I think mine is better, but at least you can just say the comics aren't canon because that shit is pretty dumb. I swear the Myths is a retcon of them purposefully trying to purge the dark elements (without splitting into two beings). I'm gonna have to do more research.

Attached: what.jpg (1270x1089, 448K)

I think his point is ultimately what you touched on in your own post there, that people's inherent tendencies toward prejudice are intentionally exploited and used as political tools to help politicians and other people in power gain or maintain control over the population.

Another world. Another time.

Attached: f9966a52-a12e-407f-bd97-9d3b6300e4b4.jpg (1280x1366, 279K)

A brave but tortured Gelfling with nothing to lose, no fear of death, a hatred for the Skeksis that has gone beyond personal and has become something like a religious creed, and a sword about as big as he is yes.

Some random fuck just here to "fight the good fight" with a regular sword and a heart full of pussy juice, nah.

Conservation of Ninjutsu.

I like how parts of them acknowledge what they lost, but they still commit atrocities out of a desperate fear for survival. Even the Scientist who seemed to have no morality and the Emperor who would damn a world just to live a few more trine, seemed almost ashamed to kill Ahgura. They still did it of course, but they at least had the tiniest amount of grace left for a moment of regret.

Beaked

Skeksis are strong as shit man, in the movie one of them chops a solid slab of fucking crystal in half. And that's after he's rotted to shit, that boy's been marinating in his own juices for ages before he went and did that.

The thing about Mira's death that really gets me is when she cries out "Please my lords help me!" Almost like children, gelflings trusted the Skeksis to always have their best interests in mind. Mira's last moments were spent in pain, terror, but most heart wrenching of all, confusion as to why her master would do this to her.

or this
>identifying Gelflings

Attached: wood.jpg (383x499, 38K)

Attached: xo2btdg8lel31.jpg (2700x2160, 925K)

In the movie, the Urskeks say, "Many ages ago, in our arrogance and delusion, we shattered the pure Crystal and our world split apart." I do believe the original intention in the movie was that the Urskeks were fucking with the crystal and damaging it is what caused the division, presumably as a side effect of the Great Conjunction energy/sunlight being focused through the broken crystal, but I do believe the comics retconned it to something less compelling.

The original idea in the background lore was that they made the mistake of trying to purge their darker halves instead of coming to terms with them in order to cheat at becoming the better beings they needed to be to return home, their own society being so highly developed that being spiritually unbalanced was a recipe for being given a thousand years of time out on an alien world.

The series seems to go with that, looking at characters like the Heretic. The comics aren't perfect and often seemed to miss the point of the original lore, and I can only assume the show is so well written because with Netflix's backing they could afford top-tier writers.

>You hunted your own mother while in her womb? Well done.

>Come spawnling, I shall show you how to skin a gelfling. You need more bones if anyone shall take your future hunts seriously.

Attached: skektekiskilledbyhispets.png (1000x595, 333K)

Identifying Gelflings - "Yep, it's delicious!"

Attached: cce.jpg (500x661, 47K)

World of the Dark Crystal (released with the movie) explains that the urSkeks built a giant machine around the crystal to focus its light during a GC into a beam that they thought would burn away their darker parts, but instead it just split them into light and dark. A Skeksis cracked the crystal afterwards (which is what Jen sees when he looks into the shard in the movie), which is one of the things the comic does get right even though it presents the intent of the machine and what went wrong somewhat differently.

"We shattered the pure crystal" is still valid because the Skeksis that did so was part of that "we".

tfw the scientist longed for companionship.

Dude should've went and lived with his counterpart like the heretic

Go back to the nest you crawled from you Dirty Grottan

Attached: Screenshot (173).png (1920x1080, 1.52M)

Where the hell was this show shot? Because I swear to god, despite ending well over a decade ago some of the Castle's hallways look like redressed Moya sets.

Have there ever been any detailed diagrams on a Gartham? Id like to see what the Frankenstein cyborg guts look like.

>tackles you in podling

Attached: Dark-Crystal-S1E2-Hup.jpg (640x360, 34K)

Watch the making of doc

>He is even worse than a podling, he is - may Aughra forgive me for uttering this word - a Grottan.

I'll accept that it's canon since the start, but it still seems weird to me that the whole crystal would split them into two and ALSO reunite them. It would make more sense to me if the machine somehow cracked the crystal and it being broken caused it to split them, then the healed crystal reversed the split.

I'm posting as I watch. I'll get there.

Farscape connection confirmed?

So are the comics in line with canon or not? Every other post seems to flip on this point, and it's kind of funny as fuck.

Maybe the other Urskeks sent them there, knowing they would be split and have to learn some harsh lessons before being rejoined and coming home.

>theres comics where they get split again and the skeksis come back

Well......uh.........

Attached: Hmmmmmm.png (1000x995, 783K)

That Podling village Brea visited.... they were nowhere near that dumb and degenerate in the film, nor the others we see in the show so far. Was that like a special village of Podling retards and other special needs cases?

He might have made it to the next conjuction if he did

Attached: bashyboy.gif (434x250, 1.51M)

I mean, the Henson company did provide the puppets for Farscape

Not all Podling races are equal user.

I remember they said "children" so I think it was some weird thing where the Gelflings were giving baths to kids.

Far as I know the Podlings were probably just doing that to fuck with the upstart bitches.

Those comics with the re-split were based on the unused Genndy Tartakovsky sequel concept. That they felt the need to awkwardly shoehorn the Skeksis back into things is probably why they ended up going the prequel route.

Hup became the new progenitor of Podlings, selectively breeding with Prime Podling pussy to form a new master race.

The one thing we can all agree on is that the comics do feature some retcons. To what degree and whether they're acceptable is debatable.

That's my point. If sets still existed, they would be their own. But why would sets exist for so many years? Maybe they just refused the actual design and redressed them during construction? Maybe I'm nuts?

The designs might have been heavily inspired, but I'm pretty sure all the sets they made were brand new.
That said, I STILL want some dumb easter eggs in this show confirming The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Fraggle Rock, and Farscape all take place in the same universe. They don't have to be blatant, just enough to satiate my autism.

Even acting like the Urseks came two Conjunctions ago rather than one seems to be a retcon of the first film.

thanks anons, I must say I prefer the 'cheating their punishment' much, much more than 'one of the 18 was sad about being punished and that caused them all to split'
Augrah having a meteorite son that's kind of a dick but not wrong to mistrust the urSkek seems weird too, a very superfluous thing

FYI when they made Farscape they re-used the original Skeksis skeletons from the Dark Crystal movie to make some bird aliens. They also mentioned "Skeksis" off hand as an alien race.

Similar aesthetics, but all sets were built as the script demanded. Actually, more than the script demanded. The writer wrote ext balcony, and then the set guys went and built 300 feet of balcony.

Dark Crystal has some elements of sci-fi with the explicitly alien solar system and other planetary race visiting. That and Farscape could work if you retool some of the Dark Crystal to be bullshit super science. Which seems possible.

The rest don't feel compatible.

I was wondering what those vulture aliens reminded me of when I watched the show. Fucking makes sense that they were built off skeksis skeletons.

I assume it reunited them because the splitting was a side effect of the machine's failure and the nature of the Crystal when no artificial elements are in the way is to heal and restore, as we see with the podlings and the rest of Thra.

Some element of "suffering is good for the soul" may also have been involved.

The Skeksis splitting the crystal to prevent any rejoining works for me.

>The rest don't feel compatible.
I mean yeah, I know that. But imagine how fucking hilarious it would be.

Yeah, the asshole giant raven aliens are very Skeksis.

The Farscape sets were built around puppets. I guess there were tricks built in they needed to reuse.

It almost seems more like everybody (understandably) had their own headcanon built up from childhood.

No, that's in the companion lore book too. They arrived during Aughra's first Great Conjunction, finding her sitting on the mountainside with a burned-out eye and healing her (the comic gets this right), then becoming her friends and mentors over the next thousand trine as they worked to try and get back home. Then they built the machine, used it at the next Great Conjunction, everything went wrong (the comic gets this kind of right), they split and a Skeksis cracked the crystal, and then the next thousand years led up to the show and movie.

I will say one thing I do hope we see in the show is Raunip, I liked him as a character.

That's a pretty good analysis, really. It makes sense, too, since the movie was just vague enough to really let your mind wander and dwell on the possibilities of what could have happened in the past of that world and what some of it means.

Then even the lore book contradicts the film. Or inserts more story between the lines in a really sneaky way.

I watched the film last night. I really got the impression it was the second Great Conjunction happening.

It may be a stretch, but the Ascendancy and those hand monsters in Labyrinth had the same habit of using their fingers/limbs to make faces. Maybe they are related types of hiveminds.

I wanna get into this, where should i start?

When it's, that's the mark of a good fantasy story. They can't cram all the lore into a short time frame, but getting your imagination running is even better.

Jesus my dude it's one original film and a prequel show. Do what feels right.

The show on Netflix.

Why? What exactly points to it only being the second, for you?

Even when Aughra talks about it, it sounds like she's familiar with them to the extent of there being more than one previous one, to me.

I will say the movie could be read as being internally contradictory on the exact sequence of split/crystal cracking, to go back to that for a second, now that I think about it. Aughra's words are ambiguous, the urSkeks' words imply crack-then-split, but Jen's vision in the shard more strongly implies split-then-crack. The urSkek could be simplifying.

I think the show is a more inviting entry point for a modern audience.

>when you realize thra is basically the urskeks Australia

watching the movie first and knowing what happens puts tragic twist on the whole netflix series and all the gelfling characters

Another user pointed out that when they said "In our arrogance and delusion" could be referring to that of the skeksis not wanting to rejoin with the mystics. To take that a step further, "our world split apart" could be referring more to the fact that breaking the crystal trapped them in their split form, rather than referring to the actual occurrence of the split? It's definitely true that Jen's vision shows a skeksis silhouette cracking the crystal with some kind of hammer or pick.

Well they all only talked about one. The arrival of the UrSeks and splitting of the Crystal was all implied to be a thousand years ago.

Wanna start this franchise with a slow burn fantasy adventure film with a simple plot and impressive production value? Start with the film.
Want a more newcomer friendly entry to the franchise with more explicit worldbuilding and storytelling and a more complex narrative? Start with the show.
Both are on Netflix.

I was kinda sucker-punched in the season finale when Chamberlain kills The General.
I mean, shit, dude The General was one of the major characters in the first movie.

Are they going to diverge into a new timeline or something?

the general and the garthim master are 2 different characters

That's about what I was thinking, yeah.

When Aughra talks about Great Conjunctions, she sums them up with "Could be the end of the world! Or the beginning. End, begin - all the same, big change. Sometimes good, sometimes bad."

Not only does this imply multiple previous Great Conjunctions, but it explicitly confirms them given the context of the previous one being one of the bad ones - there had to have been good ones for her to have a basis of comparison.

They only focus on one because that one was the one that caused the current problems. I don't recall anywhere where the urSkeks imply they arrived at the same time they split.

Pretty sure movie General is a different skeksis who took that role.

It is

If there's one flaw in the new series, it was perhaps not making SkekVar distinct enough from his successor. I've seen a lot of people confusing him for SkekUng.

No offense dude but that's irrelevant to my point, which is the film in isolation implies one in the past.

The line I gave which directly implies multiple in the past is spoken by Aughra in the film.

The line does not imply that.

How so? She says they're sometimes good, sometimes bad. The previous one was a bad one. How would she know unless there had been multiple instances?

It almost feels like it was deliberate on their part. Both are big and brawny Skeksis with blunt-shaped bleaks, dark coloration, and they have a rivalry with Chamberlain.

They even have the same title.

giv Deet gf

Attached: giv gf.png (778x512, 45K)

Some kind of bait-and-switch?

She's talking about endings and beginnings,not conjunctions.

Nah, because movie first watchers would know that skekVar and skekUng and the same skeksis. And show first watchers wouldn't know who skekUng is.

You will have a skeksis bf and you will like it.

Attached: hunter.png (1280x1564, 1.28M)

I think that interpretation is more of a stretch, honestly. I hear it as her saying that whether a Great Conjunction is the end of the world or the beginning of a new one, it's all the same really - a big change. And sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, the previous one being bad.

So she's aware of multiple previous great conjunctions.

Are not the same skeksis*

Attached: IMG_20190907_095138.jpg (1200x1200, 250K)

SkekUng is said to be a co-creator of the Garthim in the movie companion book. Why did they change it in the show?

No! want Deet!

Attached: ddfa83a28b95400f8abd63042f38_f74fd2b4_400.png (400x445, 324K)

Maybe he'll assist in refining them.

because

his title in the movie is garthim master so he'll have some big role with the things

Well, you only see the one Garthim unit, made with from the body of the last greunak. It's possible once SkekUng comes along he'll be the one to get them mass-produced.

I think you're one of the few that would see that. I think you only see that because you've read all the lore and you're hammering it together the best you can, despite contradictions.

kind of. plus it gives the impression that skekung will be a huge deal if he shows up in the series.

I interpreted it that way ever since I first watched the movie, user. I didn't get my hands on the lore book until about fifteen years after that.

I think the whole thing fits fairly well, and at the very least I never got the impression there'd only been a single great conjunction prior to the one at the end of the movie.

I mean, it's an orbital alignment. Even as a kid I knew those were recurrent.

I mean that there was only one in the past relating to the Ursek and Crystal history.

Frankly watching the show first is a mistake, the puppetry and pretty much everything else is on such another level that the movie almost becomes unwatchable afterwards.

Jen does plenty, it's just not action hero shit. He was the only one who could read and translate the Gelfling writings that gave them any clue whatsoever about what to do, remember.

Aughra says the previous one is when the Crystal cracked, and when the Skeksis and Mystics appeared. She doesn't say it's when the urSkeks appeared.

Like I say, I never saw her as meaning there had only ever been one, or that the urSkeks had only been there for a thousand trine. I mean, they had to have been there before the last one in order to get split.

I am at least glad they gave us the satisfaction of seeing every zit on the collector's head get popped.

>Episode 4
Jesus Skekmal is horrifying, scariest thing is the idea that at one point all the Skeksis were on that level.

They show up due to the coming Conjunction and immediatly crack the Crystal. That's the impression I got.

I think part of the problem between the two of you is that both the movie and the show start out by saying, "1000 years ago, two new races appeared" or whatever in order to preserve the surprise of the Urskeks. I can see how some people might get slightly confused and attribute that event to their whole appearance, but I think the movie and show do otherwise make it clear that the Urskeks were around longer than the split.

The movie doesn't really, but the show does.

Anyway, my point is simply that we need to tread lightly at calling things retcons, when the film is iffy at presenting it's own lore.

Has anybody made art or fiction about Aughra and Yoda hanging out?

Not the one I got. Seems narratively improbable to me - they appear and then get arrogant and delusional enough to do whatever they did in this movie-only version of things, then get split, all in the five minutes it takes for a conjunction to happen?

Yeah, I mean the lore book is derived from Henson's own notes on the setting, just dolled up as though they were written by Aughra as part of her role as keeper of Thra.

I could see that someone could just take a surface reading and assume that only what was directly mentioned happened, but the intent was that conjunctions were a repeating thing, not two single special events, and it's pretty clear to me even without the lorebook, just from listening to Aughra.

The thing I was a little surprised about is that the comics only gave Aughra three (the one where she lost her eye and the urSkeks appeared, the one where the urSkeks were split, and the one where they were rejoined), when I always thought she had to have seen loads due to being much older. But that's more acceptable, since Thra is said to have created her as its eyes and ears, and it's not necessary that it did that really early on.

>Not having completely memorized every single skeksis' name and title so that you could notice the slightest inconsistency
Hell, they namedrop skekUng in a clearly deliberate fashion to make the viewers that are paying attention realize he's not in the picture yet, but certainly not forgotten

I didn't say it was a good story, just the impression I got.

And again, yes there were more Conjunctions, I just got the impression only one in the past mattered.

Hmmmmmmmm

He's probably out doing a surprise audit to check the books of some colonial governor the skeksis put in charge of one of the obscure conquered/enslaved races.

So you're not the same user I was talking to who started out by saying that the one in the film was only the second to have ever happened
() ?

So howany damn Skeksis are alive in Resistence? In Ep4 the Banquit Table has eight sitting around it with the Scientist working alone. That's nine. There has to be 10 to match the film. Where? What?

Hmmmmmmmm

The same. I'm clarifying the impression I got from the film.

Like yes, going by orbital patterns they get one every thousand years, but not every one had Big Shit happen during it.

Hmmmmmmm

Attached: bird anne.gif (480x270, 2.05M)

>they namedrop skekUng
That's great and all, but anyone who only watched the movie doesn't recognize that name. I don't think the movie uses any of the skeksis names at all, in fact, only their roles/titles. You'd have to have delved into the companion material to get any of their actual names prior to the Netflix show.

I'm glad the lore discussion this thread was a lot more civil than the last few times.

Attached: top_skek.png (538x406, 78K)

>So howany damn Skeksis are alive in Resistence?
16. Not all of them live at the castle full time. Presumably as their numbers dwindle and war efforts mount they all spend much less time away from the castle.

There were initially 18, but two were indirectly killed by a Skeksis that was learning what murder and death were by testing them out on the nearby Mystics (this Skeksis accidentally killed itself, because one of the two Mystics it killed was its own). At the beginning of AoR there should be sixteen, I think. After the loss of skekMal, skekLach and skekVar, they're down to thirteen. So three more to go? skekLi the Satirist, skekSa the Mariner and unfortunately skekGra the Heretic...

Well, agree to disagree, I suppose. Thank you for being civil.

So at the least before being destroyed to maybe only two the Gelfling's take six of them out with them. Damn.

There's 16 alive at the start of Resistance. SkekUng, Treasurer and Slave Master are the three movie Skeksis that aren't in Season 1, plus there's two other Skeksis that appear in other media, the Mariner and Satirist, that aren't at the castle. Then you have Hunter and Heretic.
Season 1 ends with 13 Skeksis still alive, which gives them three more Skeksis to kill in later seasons if we get any.

>Well, agree to disagree, I suppose. Thank you for being civil.

Not to be pedantic (But I guess I am, so here we go.) but the fact that we can read the film differently serves my point that the film did not present its lore clear enough fairly well. And thusly what is and is not a retcon is a bit muddled.

I'm only starting to get into all the lore, as I was kind of waiting for the show before I dived in to the comics, which I have been collecting. I do need the World Of book. Other than that, I'm right in. Can't watch past E4 tonight. Going to read some Creation Myths after that.

The show is Morrowind as fuck, which is neat (I know the game was inspired by the film, but somehow that influence seems more obvious out of the show than in the film.)

>Not to be pedantic (But I guess I am, so here we go.) but the fact that we can read the film differently serves my point that the film did not present its lore clear enough fairly well.
No worries, I made the same point up here , I just think it was clearer on the conjunctions thing than you do.

>I do need the World Of book.
Be aware, last time I checked it was super expensive. They may have done reprints for the new series, though.

You might also want to look for the AoR artbook.

Enjoy the rest of the series, user, it's spectacularly well done, even with minor faults, and obviously as much of a labour of love as the original movie was.

Is this the World of book with lore that we're discussing? It seems it's getting reissued soon.

Sadly much farther away than I want. But it is going for stupid money used otherwise.

The AoR book is out in two months. So that's easy.

amazon.com/Dark-Crystal-Ultimate-Visual-History/dp/1608878112/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=world of the dark crystal&qid=1568003356&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Any clue if this is worth it? Or is it just making of stuff? Always neat, but not sure I want it.

Did AoR ever retcon anything? The series seems fairly consistent with the movie, which isn't saying much given how the movie has little to nothing beyond gorgeous puppets and sets.

One thing I'm loving about the show is there's just no reason at all to make it. Not now, not like this. Like there's no well defined market for it. No checkbox of demographic. No obvious pandering besides stunt VA casting. The only reason to make a fantasy show this bananas using puppets and not a single human is they WANTED TO. There is no monetary or financial reason to take this risk other than shear love of going for it. And man I love that.

>as much of a labour of love as the original movie was.
This was the most shocking thing of all to me. In this cynical age of endless cashgrab sequels and revivals, I had the WORST expectations of this show. I'm so glad I was wrong, sometimes good things can happen after all.

Just the same questions about the order of the cracking of the crystal and the splitting of the urskeks
also wondering whether Jen and Kira truly are the last gelfling by the end or more survive in hiding or something, which we'll have to wait on

I mean, the Jim Henson Company had the motivation of trying to make Dark Crystal into a big franchise so they wouldn't have to rely heavily on stuff like Dinosaur Train and Sid the Science Kid to survive anymore, but that was still a hard sell to a lot of producers as the long development hell the sequel was stuck in before they gave up on a film can attest to.

not the same thing, but I recommend some of the Jim Henson's Storyteller comics, I have this one about Fairies and really enjoyed it.

Attached: fairies book.jpg (310x499, 34K)

By flipping through the two sequel comics, I know there are other Gelfling's. A whole society. Now how they show up.... I don't know. The Grotten show that the Gelfling can hide very well. I suspect the Sifa can sale to shores unknown to the Skeksis. So surviving pockets make sense. I guess only two were around in range of the Caslte? That we know of? I don't know.

I really hope they go with the idea that restoring the crystal and the urskeks releases the drained gelflings' essence back to Thra and they all get reincarnated and reappear as new gelflings. It would help the genocide of the gelflings hold some real weight and tragedy while still allowing the ending to be happy and not forcing Kira and Jen to repopulate the world with several generations of incest.

Not to mention those celeb VAs all did a fantastic job. I'm sure a lot of them loved the film and that helped. But if any WERE going to half-ass it, props to the voice directors for making sure that wouldn't happen on their watch.

she smells like dirt and nurloc shit

Wait, that's not the right Dark Crystal lore book?

Or are you just trying to make me poor? Because I have been eyeballing the Storyteller stuff.

I do love Marvel and DC and indie comics, but I'm so weary of them not loving me back, if you get me. I want to find things I can pick up more casually, and yet regularly too, and get something out of.

I haven't touched the Visual History, but I definitely want a copy, if only for completion's sake.

And yeah, I just checked on Amazon - for anyone else who's interested, there's a reprint of World of the Dark Crystal coming out next year: amazon.com/World-Dark-Crystal-J-J-Llewellyn/dp/1683838599/

That is indeed the big lorebook. It has some fantastic illustrations and concept art by Brian Froud as well as a bunch of prose illuminating things the movie never explored or explored properly and naming all the Mystics and Skeksis, presented as though a bunch of remote-viewers have found Aughra's notes and interpreted them.

About the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is naming Fizzgig's entire species "Fizzgigs", and even that could easily just be a case of Kira effectively calling her dog "Dog", as does happen in the real world.

Honestly, I can't help but think half the voice cast signed up because it's Henson stuff and a prequel to a movie they all loved as kids. Edgerton, Pegg and at least one of the others were all very vocal about that being the case for them, personally.

It could have been the most hollow thing, but it wasn't just reverent to the original work, it actually went back and fleshed it out, even down to the point of showing us what that collection of little squeaking growths in Kira's swamp was (a nest of gobbles).

The emperor calling the chamberlain his most trusted advisor in a panicky voice was so cute.

Yeah, only four Eps in and I can't really tell who's just cashing a check. I can only recognized Mark Hamill because I've heard him ham it up in cartoons before, and it's great every time. He's like Transformers Prime Starscream turned up to 11 here and it's a joy to hear.

Any kind soul could post the webm of the walking vulture?

Attached: tumblr_mrmpmnxeJ21rn6tx6o3_1280.jpg (1024x768, 274K)

It's not like there isn't precedent for that. Restoring the crystal did suddenly restore all the forest around the castle and probably the rest of the planet, and Aughra herself was assembled from the raw stone and plant matter of Thra by the crystal so that the world could have an avatar.

>About the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is naming Fizzgig's entire species "Fizzgigs", and even that could easily just be a case of Kira effectively calling her dog "Dog", as does happen in the real world.

That threw me during the show. Kira could be picking up on things weirdly from the Podling's. It's a miracle she can speak "Gelfling" so well since she hasn't spoken it since she was a very young child. Barely more than a toddler.

no, it is a spin off of the Storyteller tv show that Jim Henson company put together. It's an old man telling old fables and fairy tales to his dog, lots are new stories but told in the old style.

This time traveler's got your back, user:

A good way to give the show a more sweet than bittersweet ending is to have some of our heroes turn out to be Kira or Jen's parents who end up having some clue their kid will play a roll in prophecy, while others escape, giving us an epilogue where they enter the reborn castle and meet their friends child years later.

Anybody know what the Boom Resistance comic will be? Just a retelling of the show? Side stories? It seems a weird choice for them after two sequels.

>I love how he takes a second to spin that.
The little details like that are what make the show so great.

by complete happenstance, I bought Brian Frouds Faeries book a couple months ago. Completely forgot that he did the designs on The Dark Crystal. Really glad they brought him back for the show

Attached: faeries_collectors_cover.jpg (349x500, 55K)

Some people think it's going to spin off into an alternate continuity, but I see the flash-forward glimpse of Rian inserting the shard without any apparent Conjunction being a big hint that they'll try to heal the crystal but it won't work before the great Conjunction happens in XX trine, so they have to find a plan to hold out until at least one remaining Gelfling can complete the prophecy.

It's...Purple

He's so good at making his art feel natural. I liked in the making-of documentary how he detailed his frustrations with the TV people trying to "fix" his art by making the designs more square and symmetrical and he's like, "It's SUPPOSED to be asymmetrical! This is a living thing, it has imperfections!" Glad he was able to get it across to everyone in the end, because it really is effective.

Based! is the documentary on youtube?

that's just jen

>tfw lived long enough to see The Dark Crystal become both Yea Forumscore and Yea Forumscore
Nice

Attached: 1192326.6999998596_1538013122202.jpg (456x472, 41K)

Not sure, I know it's on Netflix. It's called "The Crystal Calls: Making The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance" if you want to try searching for it.

The General's simplicity and oafishness was his funniest trait.

Like when he's eating the moth chrysalises and the Ritual Master is on the verge of doing one of those bridge-of-the-nose pinches out of irritation.

Could have sworn someone freeze-framed it and it looks a lot more like Rian. I'll try and remember to do so myself when i get up to it again in my third watch-through.

It's the backstory of Ordon and Fara, focused around the time when Ordon wielded the Dual Glaive in the war with the Arathim.

The Yea Forums threads are trash tho

Attached: IMG_20190908_181132.jpg (1772x1772, 537K)

fucking kek, Memri edits when?

Correct, but at least they love it too. That's more than enough for me.

The best thing they’ve done is Skekmal Baneposting

>>Oats a Nay Sword
>>Oats a spoon! SILLY SPOON!!!!

Post YFW

>By the Emperor, I see the annihilation of the Gelflings as clearly as I see you.

>It's not about size....it's about vigor
>SLLLLLUUUURRP

New thread up

Frankly, I'm just amazed that thus far nobody has commented on the fact that the Skeksis turn the Gelflings into life-sustaining, delicious Monster Energy Zero Ultra

Attached: It's a honker.jpg (300x218, 8K)

>The General's simplicity and oafishness was his funniest trait.
It honestly hurt when his demeanor towards skekSil completely turned around after he saved him from Tavra, then Chamberlain fucking shanks his ass in the coldest way possible

>By Aughra, behave yourself! I will give you a taste of my spoon!

>lets begin with Skeksil, that Nebri-seller

>the mother of Thra Aughra, resides in an Orrerey. How do you think she acquired this house? Through jihad.

He seems to have had an honestly loyal streak in him

Wasn't the General also the one protesting the loudest when the Scientist was draining Mira? He's the one that manages the guard, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one who spoke to Gelfling the most. He certainly knew his soldiers, down to being able to identify Rian as his captain's son.

I really would like a prequel-prequel that deals with the early days when everyone thought they were nice and had good reason to, not just tradition.

please enjoy this hastily made screenshot of three different browser windows
I think it could be a new Jen puppet, but the clothes do look much more like Rian's tunic (color and shoulders) than Jen's rags.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-09-09 at 12.17.25 AM.png (1530x555, 1.13M)

There's a closeup in the vision, if someone could grab it that would be very helpful for figuring this all out. I can't find it anywhere online.

She harnessed her inner Skeksis and smacked that bitch down.

Very true, many a world has been ruined by fans pushing for ever increasing material that ends up hurting more than helping.

Attached: 53637382762.jpg (400x303, 26K)

Chamberlain killed skekVar and the Archer killed the Hunter. Heretic is on their side so I doubt the gelflings got him.