Imagine having a cool stoic character that everyone likes, and then somehow you turn them into a preachy, cheesy...

Imagine having a cool stoic character that everyone likes, and then somehow you turn them into a preachy, cheesy, one note character who exists to endlessly relay a love message.
Then instead of developing the changed character they just retell the original over and over again without developing the shallow love connection any further.

Attached: vIYlW9bA5iKDCuBSyQg_banner_thumbnail_34192_resized.png (750x429, 241K)

RIP s1 Garnet

Her song was cool at least.

Garnet was cool because she had big boppin' Hulk fists and was the leader.
When SU pretty much stopped having any fights, mediocre or otherwise, this killed Garnet as an interesting combatant. Although this also applies to all the other CGs, Garnet was the most impacted. The only difference between being a stoic silent type and a boring dry turd is how much ass you kick in the interim.

Then Steven goes on CG diplomatic missions only he can fulfill, and Garnet finds out Rose and Peal lied to her for centuries. So Garnet wasn't really the leader anymore.
She had nothing left. "The experience" could only just keep on talking about what a great experience she was.

Attached: Beach Garnet.png (1176x664, 314K)

They did develop it, there was a whole bomb about it. Also, a one-note character is better than a silent empty vessel that she was before.

With her being able to let someone temporary have future sight, it raises a question on could she do the same for other gems or is it only for Steven because he is part human?

More importantly: how can a species of characters that have literally a single gender become a symbol for LGTBetc?

what did they lie about

They're not, it's just Yea Forums screeching at the boogeyman again. Every single human relationship in the show is heterosexual.

This. Garnet in S1 was mostly nothing. Having rewatched the whole show during the marathon recently I can attest to the fact that Garnet post-S1 is really nowhere near as bad as OP implies. Not bad at all, actually.

Rose Quartz = Pink Diamond

SCREECH

Attached: CB7557A2-8659-41E6-86E5-07E09C5921B2.jpg (1920x2880, 1.38M)

It's called symbolism.

Oh for fucks sake. Stevonnie can't be a trans metaphor if fusion is a relationship, and if fusion isn't a relationship then Garnet isn't gay. You can't have it both ways you screeching manchild.

Go back

Because Rebecca Sugar and sjws said so, so it must be true. For product marketing purposes. BUY MORE SHIT BUY NOW BUY NOW

Attached: true kinda shill.jpg (1000x1000, 59K)

they failed to come up with a credible reason for garnet to break up and failed to make the breakup Arc itself compelling or feel like a good excuse to renew vows or whatever. There was too much going on in the plot at that point to have time for that nonsense. The idea with garnet was supposed to be that her character Arc happened before Steven was born, and I guess we'll see more of that because the extra forms shown in the movie do kinda hint at more backstory coming up

>they didnt develop it at all!
>w-well they did, I just didn't like it...
That's called moving goalposts.

>all anons are the same person
Stop doing this.
They didn't develop Garnet's character at all since season 1.
The only time she speaks she says the same shit about being a relationship; this is despite the fact that RS states that fusion is like having a child who would have their own unique thoughts and feelings.

white pride being worldwide

Literally when did su stop having fights.

This

When did she stop being the cool stoic character though? Even into season 4, a lot of the things she did as a character were esque of the character she was.

I mean, she had a minor part in the movie but the movie wasn't really about her was it?

>I but in late and don't say so
>it's your fault

I feel like the problem is that she had her character arc years ago. For the most part she's been well adjusted for years. The closest she gets to character progression is the occasions where they defuse, but they inevitably get back together and stay fused unless something happens. Comparatively Pearl, Amethyst, and Steven have grown far more since the beginning of the show. I wish there were more moments with Garnet like the one with the cats where they show that she feels scared about the future because her future vision isn't enough to tell her how everything is going to turn out.