To not judge a book by its cover

I know practically nothing about comic books, well, basic stuff, names, a few key points in some arcs, etc., but I like to have something interesting to read + good art, recently I got a fixation with Spider-Gwen, mostly her design, I have yet to check the books but I see her covers usually look quite good, the problem is when I remember years ago when I used to pick up some random comics how most of the time the art inside is inferior to the cover (people have told me is usually not the same artist from the cover), can you recommend me some good Spider-Gwen comic books with good art inside and out? pic related is tempting, I just have a tight budget so I have to ask before buying.

Other than that, any comic books in general with really good art? (whatever the title or series it belongs.)

Attached: spider-women-vol-1-666x1024.jpg (666x1024, 170K)

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Spider-Women-Alpha/Issue-1?id=54552
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Ekho
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Saga-Valta
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Disney-Dracula-Starring-Mickey-Mouse
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Lanfeust-of-Troy
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Adrastee
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Spirou-Fantasio-2009
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Ghost-Spider/Issue-1?id=159753
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Shredder-in-Hell
readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Wake
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Silver-Surfer-Requiem
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Sub-Mariner-The-Depths
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Secret-War
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah man coverb8 that's a rough lesson to learn to be sure it is

Godzilla The Half-Century War
Hard Boiled
Mouse Guard
Orc Stain
Parker
Rachel Rising
Terminal City
The Incal
The Middleman
Wasteland

Attached: bonecomplete.jpg (400x566, 90K)

Isn't the Godzilla one the original idea for the western movie? I could be wrong.

this comic has some pretty shit artwork user
pics related is from the same comic.
also if you have budget problems why not just read it for free online?
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Spider-Women-Alpha/Issue-1?id=54552

Attached: amazing art.jpg (1988x3156, 2.04M)

>readcomiconline.to/Comic/Spider-Women-Alpha/Issue-1?id=54552
Oh, I didn't know about the site, thanks.

Also DAMN! that's hideous.

no problem but in general the art quality in comics has gone drastically around 2014.
mostly doe to them cutting back on costs thanks to decrease in sales and them no longer hiring base don talent but connections.
if you want some comics with good art you should check out european comics.
like here
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Ekho
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Saga-Valta
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Disney-Dracula-Starring-Mickey-Mouse
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Lanfeust-of-Troy
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Adrastee
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Spirou-Fantasio-2009

Thanks, I am browsing through some Spider-Gwen books and I can't believe not a single one so far has good quality art (in my opinion), how can they screw that up so much considering her covers are usually quite good? I mean, the person doing the story isn't even going by the same outline.

well mostly because in the current comics book industry people don't really have to be good to still get jobs, like I said it's all based on friendships and having the "right" politics which decide if you get a job at marvel or not. If you are part of a protective group aka gay or female you can fuck up as much as you want, you still gonna get one job offering after another.
I also think since modern marvel is super pro feminist they tell their artists to drawn their women ugly on purpose.

I know the 90's comics weren't exactly great but stuff like Danger Girl or Gen 13 had some nice art and not just the covers, I wish that guy made a Spider-Gwen book.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Ghost-Spider/Issue-1?id=159753
OK, This one doesn't look hideous.

Silk's books were good, so were Spider-Girl's series with DeFalco

J Scott Campbell has actually done a bunch of Spider-Gwen covers, he's too big of an artist to do interiors these days

Attached: HfR691QmD-DzDzh1ZIK1lv6X7G2nRX-oE6zFzKld2tw.jpg (714x1118, 236K)

I'll check Silk then.

Yep, is too bad because I am pretty sure they would have sold very well, now that I think about it, is there something in the west that remotely compares to a Japanese art book?

did the feminist movement just essentially make Parker's Angels?

google Adam Warren and read everything he’s done including his Gen13

Will do, thx.

Wait, THIS is your standard for good art??

Attached: FF28DB9E-FB99-461C-93F7-14F1CB532FAF.jpg (151x179, 17K)

>imagine
>thinking this is good art

Attached: C94342D5-9CFD-40C0-9955-3431B03E6C9A.jpg (169x223, 26K)

Some nice =/= everything is good.

best covers are those done by the interior artist.

Attached: heroes for hire.jpg (900x1367, 229K)

AHHHHHHHHH!!!! NO nononononononono

Attached: no touchy.jpg (600x358, 332K)

you admitted to mainly liking Spider-Gwen for her costume, that's the mentality that got us here. People only bought her cover cause it's looked nice, she wasn't even a character at the time. Now Marvel knows they can sell her without doing anything besides slapping a pretty cover on her book.

You realise that Robbi Rodriguez, the person doing the interior art, IS the same person doing the covers. And did for 40 consecutive issues. And he was the designer of her costume. You're seriously lamenting that the same person who you are praising for both covers and costume design is not in the book. That the person whose artistic sensibilities created the character that you're interested in should do a better job drawing the character.

No one can be this stupid. Anyone with eyes can see that it's both the same style and the credits pages are clearly labeled with his name. Go back to Yea Forums - where you clearly belong.

Attached: 1423971283479.jpg (283x467, 121K)

> Isn't the Godzilla one the original idea for the western movie?
Not at all. It's a original story that follows one character and his interactions with Kajiu over several decades.

Not gonna lie, we all fapped to that cover back in 2007. and we still do

OP Here is some stuff with fantastic art.

This 1st one is still ongoing...
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Shredder-in-Hell

readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Wake

Painted art...
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Silver-Surfer-Requiem

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Sub-Mariner-The-Depths

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Secret-War