Things you didn't notice on the first watch

There's a surprising number of little details.

>Steven ordered and ate proper fries.

Attached: SU fries.png (1920x1200, 1.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2zodAduxrQM
youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPu95q0Nf1g
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPGSffC-M8o
youtube.com/watch?v=68XSVelcSHY&list=PLlH3BbT2Ps5qRzaf0d-0oSk-Jwdtw3B-C
youtube.com/watch?v=i_BKGjw0jtE
newyorkcomiccon.com/Explore/Panels/Panels-And-Screenings/#/event/steven-universe
desuarchive.org/co/thread/101840424/
enevun.tumblr.com/post/187470001805/pink-diamonds-a-bitch-ass-motherfucker
twitter.com/AnonBabble

His clothes reflect the colors of the Diamond Authority.
He removes his PINK jacket during the 'Independent Together' to reflect Pearl's ordeal and he wears it again during the last act where he realizes he misses his CHANGE power by embracing the memories and weights of the actions of his mother.

This sounds like “the curtains are blue” tier cringe.

I also noticed that anythest didn’t shapeshift a digestive track, maybe she did and we just can’t see it because it’s on the inside but then how would this anythest know what a digestive track is without asking? This means that gems are made with human anatomy to some extent

one really subtle detail that i didn't notice on the first watch was that spinel was a cutie _________ ____________ _____ ___________ _________ ______________ ___________ ___________ _______

small detail: fuck off with these threads, losers

I noticed garnet's part in the recap song had the tune of "stronger than you" im betting the other's had similar throwbacks but I wouldnt know

Spinel becomes clingy as fuck during the garden scene, like she keeps staring at him and she starts running after him the moment Steven lets go of her hand. It's p sad

When Greg is singing about Empire City in that one episode, was that tune in the movie?

I like the thing about the jacket.

Bismuth's song near the beginning is a Bismuth-ified remix of the crystal gems theme.

No wonder he's still fat

No he's not

I noticed the instruments, but not the melody, I'll listen to it again later

would you really be able to see her shapeshifting a digestive track though, since its on the inside and all

maybe she shapeshifted a simple stomach so she could imitate steven but without an anus

>>He removes his PINK jacket during the 'Independent Together' to reflect Pearl's ordeal
Pretty sure he removed it because the pink jacket didn't fit Steg's design.

This scene:
youtube.com/watch?v=2zodAduxrQM

wew incredible, my brain is getting bigger as I notice this

god it was such a bad film

I thought Make a Change but I guess not

Steg's bulge is proportional to doubling up

Attached: Again+please+no+ban+also+i+_ce8c237e189e66cbd0c7f9616b7c7712.jpg (362x360, 23K)

A huge detail was that the space milfs were fucking hot

it is cringe. but i fucking hate you for using curtains are blue as an example. curtains are blue can only be a metaphor because otherwise why would it need to be said that curtains are blue. nobody fucking cares about the curtains my point is. but no pink blue yellow are very prominent colours of the su colour scheme. i don't actually think it means anything when steven removes his pink jacket.

go on

>His clothes reflect the colors of the Diamond Authority.
looking too much into things, is just his faggot clothes with pearls shirt, nothing more.

tell me that steven universe threads are not filled with this autism ''cartoons need to be realistic and have logic'' autism

I'd be okay with Steven ordering Indistinguishable Yellow Mess Lumps that turn into actual fries when he picks one up.

Spinel does a really good Pink/Rose impression when she sings the first couple lines of Drift Away. (The lines that Pink would have said to her)

>out of literally anything Yea Forums the thread could be about it's Steven Universe the Movie

I didn't really ship them until that scene

That Spinell's "drift away" song could be about Alzheimers, not just her storyline about the person she loves not caring about her, leaving her, forgetting her. They might have thrown in a bit about the protracted death of personality of a loved one too. Because why hurt your heart only one way?

>after Steven and spinel return from the garden to the beach house where everybody was waiting in the living room, freshly fused Garnett picks up a spork and examines it inquisitively.
>a spork is a fusion of a fork and a spoon
I thought it was cute and clever.

During the warmup to Steg Multiverse, they play the time of Let Me Drive My Van Into Your Heart for a second

how the fuck did you miss that the first time

>Onion is on the fucking roller coaster with steven and spinel

His father has money for food now, and the Frymans know it.

I am fry bit sexual and i don't appreciate the implication that it's something you grow out of!!!

>Steven grows up
>Connie grows up
>Onion is still the same
Is onion just a midget?

I wish I could say I missed everything because I never watched the movie. But thanks to Yea Forums posting nonstop about this film I can't even say that. Thanks Yea Forums you revealed the entirety of this movie to me and have confirmed my disdain for this show is well deserved.

i was too concentrated on how hot she was

Onion isn't human dingus.

>a few hours before Spinel gets her memories back, she has to sit through a song Steven sings to Amethyst with the lyrics “I’ll always be right by your side no matter what,” while he just completely ignores Spinel
>Spinel gets her memories back of Pink Diamond ditching her, and one of the most recent things that happened to her right before that was watching Steven specifically tell all his real friends that he will never abandon any them
>her feel when she knows she will never have a friendship like that

Or he's still too young for a growth spurt.
I just realized why he showed Steven his birthday video. Steven keep saying he wasn't sure about onion's humanity so onion give him proof.

saw this in another thread, but Steven, hugmaniac extraordinaire, never hugs Spinel.

what's below friendzoned? acquaintance-zoned?

Sometimes when an author tells you “the curtains were blue,” they’re not actually trying to attach any meaning or importance to the curtains or their color. They could just be trying to paint a better picture of a scene. They don’t have time to meticulously name every piece of furniture and all the details, but telling you a small detail like that there are blue curtains there can help you imagine the rest of the surroundings better, with the context. In some cases, they could have as easily said “the carpet was red,” and it would hold the same function for them and have worked just as well to them, even though that would completely change the perceived symbolic importance to the line to anybody who is convinced it must be there for a metaphorical reason and not just a literal one.

>Not wanting your neck snapped-zoned

It was on the second watch that I noticed Pink Diamond/Rose Quartz’s VA isn’t in the movie at all.

It's sad but his choice was wise

"Deactivate my injector"-zoned

Attached: 1567636195947.jpg (1366x768, 75K)

During Steven' speech on Homeworld, when its jumping around to different places and gems watching, theres a shot of Spinel in the garden. You can see her foot with the roots growing up it.

Holy shit, nice find user. That completely blew by me my first time through. Also, fuck. Looking at this breaks my fucking heart.

Attached: Still waiting.png (1360x768, 732K)

I thought it was a statue or something until the end of the film

>too young for a growth spurt
He’s like five in the show, meaning he should be about seven in the movie. From birth to puberty, there’s just continual growth and development in a child that really should be apparent in a timeskip of two years. Sure, he shouldn’t suddenly shoot up to almost adult size like a teenager would, but there shouldn’t be no change at all.

I’m pretty sure they kept Onion the same on purpose as a dumb gag.

>what's below friendzoned?

Ghosted. It might not perfectly fit the way Steven treats her, but in general I would describe her character as “ghosted.”

Pretty sure it's been pointed out to death, but Spinel ironically targetting Garnet despite the entire movie she was hanging out with her the most aside from Steven.

Spinel-zoned

There is still a reason they chose for them to be blue though. It may not have a 1:1 symbolic meaning but that doesn't make it pointless. Pointing out the carpet was read would create an entirely different atmosphere. Red is a warm color that people associate with passion. Blue is a cool color that invokes things like calmness or sorrow.

Took me 3 times watching the whole movie and countless times watching the Drift Away part to clue in. Its certainly something that you don't think about later on.

I think something happened to him during the timeskip. It felt like he was emotionally spread thin. Before Steven would have begged her to stay and that the gems would have forgiven her if she helped to turn off the injector while they hug and cry it out but here he just sung to her that things will be better one day when she's ready to move on.

reminder that steven never hugged spinel

Attached: 1567631188367.png (1920x2157, 1.67M)

>The carpet was read

I noticed it on first viewing, when they played drift away, that remote place suddenly made sense.

Attached: Vandaar.jpg (1020x4050, 646K)

Steven never hugged her to show that the person who helps you isn't always the one you need to build your new life of off. Spinel is that clingy friend that idealizes friendship but real life is much more nuanced than that. Steven helped her but he doesn't really have much to do with her. He's what Spinel needed at that moment, and now that that moment's gone she needs someone else: the diamonds.Just because someone's kind enough to help you with a problem doesn't mean they can help you with your life. Hugging Steven is a reward that you only get by becoming good, but sometimes the only validation you can get is by pursuing it on your own instead of expecting one from someone else.

Clearly user wrote that on purpose, to communicate his deep desire to be seen and to have his posts read.

Again, sometimes you CAN interpret things to be intended that way, but other times the author themselves really didn’t mean anything by it at all. They didn’t mean to make the environment more calm or sombre, they just needed to pick a color for the curtains and they happened on blue. An earlier draft of the same chapter might’ve had a red carpet, and it was only changed because the writer lost that draft and made a new one and forgot the carpet, replacing it with curtains that hold no more significance or meaning. The story might not be changed at all fir it. It’s the same as the phrase “sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.”

There is a video of Onion being born by coming out of Vidalia’s vagina proving he is human, though.,

Attached: tumblr_nrk3rfUp521rg2it2o1_1280.jpg (792x1224, 418K)

Pearl's shirt? What?

>Also, fuck. Looking at this breaks my fucking heart.

If that scene gets to you, just think that literally every episode of SU, Spinel is just standing there in the Garden waiting for Pink to come back.

He’s been very stressed. Let him take a nap and he’ll cuddle her for hours.

Then I would make the argument that they are not a very good author. If the curtains really have no meaning, then why include them at all? Readers don't need to be reminded that curtains exist.

There are a lot of callback details in the background during Happily Ever After. For example:
> the painting drom Pool Hopping
> Sadie Killer and The Suspects poster
> the Greg and Rose photo
> Cookie Cat alarm clock
> the Moon Goddess Statue in a cup that says "World's Best Stephen"
> a stack of Stevens old red shirts
> photos of Connie being Indian (and cute!)
> no-home boy figurine
> the painting of Rose is now in the stairwell
> Rose's sword, which broke during the wedding showdown with Blue and Yellow, is on a little stand on the shelf
> The t-shirt cannon and sunglasses from Guitar Dad
> Cheeseburger backpack (from the eponymous episode)

The last three are more visible in the scene where Steven explains what happened to Greg.

Attached: 20190908_120016.jpg (2172x3862, 598K)

He's growing up. Gemshit and gem problems have taken up 90% of his life at this point and eventually he's going to want no more of it. These bitches need to find another man.

Attached: 1546221967980.jpg (1152x576, 80K)

after spinel picks up steven and shakes him around when they first meet, amethyst picks up and shakes ruby in the background.

more likely he removed it so steg's gigamuscles wouldn't rip through it like sackcloth

he's going to have a fucking breakdown in s6

I like it, he’ll help you out and worry about you but don’t expect him to automatically be your best friend after you tried to kill him and his planet when you yourself knew he was innocent.

> s6
Yea Forums, you can't keep doing this to yourself.

Please user, don't fucking do this to me.

Attached: 1567631472773.png (1920x1080, 1.61M)

for fucks sake user.

Attached: sugarinterview 2.png (968x733, 95K)

>no home boy figurine
pretty sure that's a gal
>photos of Connie being Indian (and cute!)
the one with the pigeon is A MOTHERFUCKING future boy conan reference (it's pretty based people should watch it)

reminder that spinel only wanted to hold hands with steven because she suffers from severe touch starvation

Because if you write the line “He walked into a room,” the audience will have no fucking idea what to picture. What kind of room? Is it a prison cell? A bedroom? A kitchen? If you write “He walked into a room and sat in a comfy armchair. The curtains were blue,” at least you get an idea of what kind of room. It’s furnished enough to have curtains, at least. Also, as a bonus, you know there’s a window because you know there are curtains, and the author may or may not use the window later.

I can't wait for him to compromise his values for the first time.

She's so full of crap.

not him, but there might be production reasons that something would happen instead of symbolism ones. like a character doesn't speak cause they haven't cast them yet, that kind of thing

Right? Always love that in morally absolute characters.

>the movie itself answers a number of lingering questions
?????????????????????????

Like fucking what

>t. Failed High School English.

what happened to the diamonds and homeworld, i guess.
can greg fuse
is it possible pink is even worse than we thought

If a writer starts describing the way things look, I close the book and put it in the nearest dumpster. It's the opposite of literature.

post reaction to this scene when you first saw it

Attached: if that's your.webm (1920x1080, 2.33M)

The house design changed too. Steven's room was upstairs from the living room/open kitchen with no walls. He could jump down onto the couch if he wanted to, but now he has to take a longer flight of stairs down and the floor plan has the upstairs perpendicular, not parallel, to the first floor. Also.
>there's a The New Star Battlers poster above the Sadie Killer & The Suspects poster
>Connie's polaroid has a Pearl Prize Point on it
>Lonely Blade box set
>his mom's VHS next to that
>and the Snerson's logo (hmmmmmmmm) on a plastic cup next to that

Attached: dda9547bfd97f84028ef86ec93fd0154.png (800x440, 352K)

No I meant I was agreeing with you

Confused boner

fucking based spinel telling it like it is

I thought Garnet not knowing what was going on was cute. She's always so stoic.

reminder rose took this into the war and let it kill

Attached: The_Answer_217 the answer.png (1920x1080, 1.09M)

Probably both “Let Us Adore” particularly the part where the Diamonds sang “You know what it meant to love her.” Which Steven doesn’t fit, he never knew her, but Spinel does.

You can’t go a whole novel without describing how things look at least once in a while. At least, not without making it complete shit.

he still suffered for her absence

Steven loved his mom, did you forget the video where we first saw her?

You aren't suppose to describe every in depth detail about the room, but attract the reader to the most prominent things in the room. If you talk about the color of a certain object then the reader is going to wonder why this information is important. In comparison, Steven King's IT has a scene where the main characters are eating around a table and King describes for, what I can recall, 2-3 pages of detail about a spoon and its history. This had nothing to do with the rest of the story but he was so coked out of his mind it must have made sense somewhere.

This is definitely applicable to many mediums like television (maybe you use blue curtains because you already had them leftover from another production.) But usually when someone is talking about “the curtains are blue,” they’re talking about writing. And often specifically to highschool english class levels of interpreting writing.

Repeat watches made this scene much more ironic since Spinel hung out the most with her and looks salty by using Garnet as a shield/representation of what she used to be, but always had what she didn't.
Someone to be with her.

All six of her lines as cotton candy Garnet were questions too
>W-what's going on?
>I'm sorry, but...do you know me?
>Did you want the red cable, or the blue cable?
>Oh, what's this?
>Steven? Why're you fighting? Aren't we all friends?

He loved her image, not who she was. Everything he heard from the Gems and Greg.

That’s a good catch. Garnet by contrast doesn’t ask any questions through most of the show, I think she only starts asking a few questions after she finds out the truth about Rose. Supposedly she never asked questions because of the line in The Answer where Rose tells her “don’t question this.”

>garnet and spinel could have been cute friends if pink wasn't such a hole
goddamn

Attached: why.gif (225x225, 248K)

any time you see a heroic or happy pink diamond remember this was still happening.

Attached: 1541739599040.webm (1920x1080, 2.73M)

Did you notice that Jasper wasn't part of Amethyst's portion of Happily Ever After? That's a clear mark that Jasper hasn't been "redeemed" or is even on talking terms with the CG's.

Attached: Capture.png (1196x676, 1.04M)

She had 5000 years to fix it and she actively chose not to.

6000 years in gem time is like 2 days, or a week tops

>Bismith dies
>Spinel still waiting
>Pink Diamond "Dies"
>Still waiting
>Greg meets rose
>Still
>They attempt to fuse
>wait
>Steven is born
>ing

Attached: 1567643362897.jpg (1220x1030, 80K)

The galaxy warp was broken by the end of the war.

Pink rock bad

Sorry but she had a 7th one and it's when Spinel is coming downstairs and she compliments her new design/asks about her hair, still making the impending irony after this scene much more stronger but i thought i'd add that.

>5000 years
it took them 2 years to fix the galaxy warp.

neither was nephrite. we see generic nephrites, but not any of the centi crew.

Attached: 1548194444047.png (1474x760, 1.02M)

pink still had the legs

Stay tuned for Season 6

How do you walk across space.

He's an immortal shapeshifter. Whose appearance is dependent on his state of mind.

With help from Homeworld. There was like a 5000 year gap where both worlds were in a dangerous stalemate.

based nephrite will return

Attached: tumblr_pl2x7d3QaC1qgydino1_1280.jpg (800x470, 82K)

He has a pearl point on his wall too

Nevermind, read that wrong. Yeah I don't think using the legs was an option considering that activating diamond technology would be a wee bit of a giveaway.

Where? Do you mean the lamp?

true
arguably a bigger problem is that pink did not tell any of the others about her, not even leaving a note in Lion for Steven to know so he can clean up her mess. That's a sign she legitimately just forgot or didn't think it mattered.

>If the injector releases all of it's poison, the entire planet dies by the end of the day.
>Oh God, oh fuck I released the poison. Your entire planet is fucking doomed.
Steven kisses the ground, making a small amount of grass appear
>Well, that solves that problem.

Who wrote this shit?

>implying Amethyst doesn't enjoy taking fat gem dumps for the sheer thrill of it

>Jamie and Dewey hooked up
Now that is some representation

a jew

like eight people

Wait what?

Rebecca did mention this movie would have consequences so who knows?

Earth is poisoned all the time. This rock we live on is pretty resilient.

>boner

Anyone got a working Mega link?

>If you drink that bottle of bleach you'll fucking die
>Oh shit you drank the whole fucking bottle! You're screwed!
Steven makes your hair grow a little longer
>I guess you'll be fine now.

Shen strikes again.

Attached: 1016725_shenaniganza_spinel - Copy.png (2467x1005, 3.94M)

Yes but she specifically asks Spinel if she did something with her hair. That's still a question.

By Garnet, and Rose could have healed it whenever she wanted. Though that probably would have alerted Homeworld.

Spinel was also chewing on a donut while looking for Amy. It's not that interesting but I found it cool that a HW gem got into food so quickly.

Spinel fucked up when she re-injected it and sped it up. As opposed to slowly seeping into the world in forty hours, she forced the whole thing out in five minutes when the ground was already really unstable, thus instead of permeating through the planet, it just kind of pooled onto the surface.

The parts that spilled onto the ocean aren't great, but then again, Lapis.

I want to hug punished Spinel

why do the diamonds do everything steven asks when they didnt respect PD at all?
Is it just because they were sad for a few thousand years?
I hope one of them gets sick of steven's shit

They like the taste I imagine. Or she just wanted to copy everybody.

They don’t wanna repeat the mistakes that made Pink leave. That’s how learning from mistakes work.

One thing that threw me off a bit was Amethyst didn't seem to remember much anything from when she was reset, given she didn't recognize Classic Spinel had been standing nearby for a while, while it seems like Spinel (and Garnet and Pearl though that's more vague) did.

>the cluster becomes punished
>spinel, meanwhile,
youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

without taught dislike of fusion and organic stuff they seem to take to it quite naturally

The pink shit only affects organic life.

God this guy's SU parodies were hilarious. Props to him to doing a comic of his own characters, but I do miss stuff like this sometimes.

I was shocked to find out Stemage had a hand in the movie's soundtrack. Recognized his name in the credits.
Haven't seen that name in awhile. His band made really good Metroid covers.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPu95q0Nf1g

Attached: file.png (1200x1200, 694K)

Damn, Rose's sword breaking made me really sad, so at least they gave it that.

I want to hug Spinel

The movie is a maelstorm of bad writing.

Who's the orange Lapis in the corner? I never watched S5 if that helps

I want to fuck Spinel.

I like that but I don't really like the part at 2:16, doesn't really jive well

This is the genuine answer, anyone complaining about the injector is retarded

I want to teach Spinel feelings and be her friend that also shows her how to explore her body

how about the part at the end where instead of learning that she should be her own person instead of doing everything for someone else she just becomes a pet for the diamonds

I want to hit Spinel with a growth ray and tell her to go and play.

One detail that made me laugh on the second viewing was when Steven shook reformed Spinel and she started shaking him you can see Amethyst in the background imitating them by randomly picking up and shaking Ruby.

Attached: 7865554.png (1244x962, 253K)

skinny jasper.

suffering boy

Attached: steven suffering 1.png (2908x1722, 3.81M)

First episode:
>"Alright Steven, are you ready for an adventure?"
>"Yeah-"
>They froze as they heard a microphone boom out, "this is the police. We have your house surrounded. Come out with your hands up and nobody gets hurt." They looked out the window and saw masses of police cars, a SWAT team, even a news helicopter circling over the shack.
>"Well girls," Pearl shook her head, "looks like we gotta scare them again."
>"Uh, guys-" Steven was nervous, "I don't think that's a good idea-"
>"Oh Steven, they're just little humans. What could they possibly do?" One by one the Gems left the shack with Steven watching nervously out the window.
>"You ready girls?"
>"Yeah!"
>"Lets-"
>"She's got a gun, she's got a gun!" Before they could fuse, bullets ripped across the beach, tearing into the three like mince meat. "Go, go, go! Git da kid outta heah!" Officer Ruckus shouted, his gun still trained on Pearl or rather what was left of her: a vaguely humanoid shape with a torn mouth with little gem stones sprinkled around her.
>"No!" Steven cried, "WAAAHHH!"

She was already her own person, what she wanted was to be loved.

We doin this again?

Attached: small channel.png (412x632, 170K)

who's the artist?
all i'm getting is pinterest links and random instagrams

We heard this story over and over again.

I just love that desperation in his eyes for some reason

Attached: Steven.Universe.The.Movie.2019.1080p.AMZN.WEB.DDP.5.1.H264-RCVR.mkv - 00019.png (1920x1080, 682K)

You don't hug sticky stuff.

Is he less fat now?

She chose the Diamonds. Stop making stuff up. K, thanks

I miss this guy. His original stuff isn't too bad but it don't really grab me.

Yeah, guess it evened out as he aged.

I don't like being accused of being into ageplay.

YOU ARE INTO AGEPLAY AND PROJECTING ONTO ME.

>After the incident, Greg had gotten imprisoned for child neglect, Onion had been graciously given a position in the ministry of allocation, Peedee never got over his fear of mascots and panicked-running straight into the middle of the road where he got hit. Dying overnight with many saying it was Kevin but a few winks and donations to the judge and Kevin got off scott free. As for Steven?
>"Mister, please-" he felt the cigarette bud press into his right arm. The burn making him yelp, "I be good! I be good! I be-Ahhhhh!" Mister pressed it even deeper into his arm.
>"Boy, what did I say? Ya know theyz alwayz watchin', alwayz waitin'..." Steven shrieked as Mister began tracing his arm, the cigarette giving way until it was nothing but a bud. Then, slap! Mister slapped Steven, tears slowly sliding down his fat face. Then again, then again, Steven crying so loud it woke up the boarding house.
>They heard someone banging on the wall, "SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP! I'm trying to sleep!"
>"See boy?" Mister released Steven who fell on the ground with a oomph. "You fuck up, I get in trouble. See what I gotta deal with he'ah?"
>"Ye... Yes...." Steven nodded up and down.
>"Good, 'cause next time-" Mister straightened his belt. "You gettin' a real beating. An' I dun mean one of dem pussy beatin's, but da real deal. You he'ah for mah paycheck, nothing more and nothing less. Got it?"
>"Yes Mister." Steven stumbled into his room where he started crying. In fact he cried so hard he heard someone knocking on the wall.
>"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"
>Just then, in a heartbeat, Mister was in the doorway, belt in hand. "BOY, what did ah say 'bout fuckin' up?!"
>"Nooo...."

I thought it was more bimbofication.

Poifect~

Everyone complains about Steven not hugging Spinel but I think Pearl hugging her and saying I know or I’m sorry would’ve been more powerful.

Poor boy.

please, pearl spent six thousand years killing every woman who ever came close to Rose Quartz

The men were an oversight she never got over

Yes. Poor and troubled boy.

Attached: Steven.Universe.The.Movie.2019.1080p.AMZN.WEB.DDP.5.1.H264-RCVR.mkv - 00002.png (1920x1080, 709K)

I fucking love how he sounded when he said "A gem I barely know is trying to kill me." Zach is crazy good.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPGSffC-M8o

He is. I really hope to see him in more roles

Rose really was a dick.

not sure if this counts, but it would have made the movie even better

the lower gems, like pearls, usually address the diamonds as "my diamond". Thus pearl would address pink diamond as "my diamond" instead of "pink" or "my pink"

thus, when she thought she was a servant to Uh Greg Universe, she should have called him "My Universe"

Attached: 68700960_511830236300444_7084444368628756911_n.jpg (528x458, 38K)

Yeah but seeing someone who could easily be her would make sense. Like out of all the Gems Pearl would do anything’s Pink asked, if anyone could imagine waiting that long it would be her.

>Steven wasn't the most popular person in the tenement. In fact, he was despised and seen as a loose cannon but not only Mister, but the locals themselves. They whispered whenever Steven walked on by, the crazy archivist pointing at Steven, looking at him through his glasses and muttering, "rat." The adults always on edge whenever Steven was in earshot. And the kids didn't like him either was he was very immature for a ten year old.
>"What do you want?" Growled the little girl playing marbles on the street, "this is a private club." She was the daughter of an economics professor who had already made his distaste for Steven openly known.
>"Yeah," muttered the boy, himself the son of a chemist who also greatly disliked Steven. "No homosexuals allowed."
>"You're all homophobes!" Steven could barely hold back tears, "Just 'cause-"
>"Oh shutup. You ruined it!" The girl screamed then got up, followed by the boy, who walked away. Leaving Steven all alone... Or so he thought.
>"Well," a shadow overtook Steven, "what do we got here?" It was a sickening feeling Steven thought, like classical music interwined with fear and utter terror. He turned and saw a mean boy wearing a boiler hat, his bloodshot blue eyes looking upon Steven with nothing but utmost cruelty. "Looks like a wee pig." The other four circled around Steven, wearing boiler hats and coveralls.
>"Look, I was just goin-"
>"Oh?" The boy conked Steven right on the head, making Steven fall back down on his rump. "You hear that lads? He just goin'. HAHAHAHA!" They all started laughing, then the beating commenced with the cane hitting Steven straight in the face, cracking his nose and sending Steven flying straight into the street. Then the big, fat, stupid one started hitting Steven with a chain, making him shriek and spit out blood as it kept hitting his stomach.
>Hitting his ribcage over and over again, but then the other stupid one came and began stomping Steven right in the face. "Sto-" STOMP "WAH-"

wow, he bled

Reminds me of mp100 when that ghost made mob relive his life without the positive influences and support he had to mentally break him.

Hope we see more of that, not in a “I hate Steven” kinda way but because I like seeing him grow stronger.

He actually pulled out Pink Steven's shield when he got his powers back, so he's clearly been training in the two years between CYM and the movie.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-09-08-19h32m23s313.png (1280x720, 299K)

I know when he was younger he was in the Legend of Korra for an episode (the Tarrlock flashback).

Wasn't expecting his solo music to be this good either. youtube.com/watch?v=68XSVelcSHY&list=PLlH3BbT2Ps5qRzaf0d-0oSk-Jwdtw3B-C Or that dark, for that matter.

He also played Billy Batson in that Superman/Shazam animated movie
Kickass.

>A few days later, Steven laid in bed, the money prescribed to his painkillers used to fuel Mister's addiction who was now gone. Meaning he twisted and turned, occasionally shrieking and begging every god he knew for mercy, only none came. When Steven was finally well enough to walk, he decided to go to the local theme park. Taking Mister's stashed money with no thought to his caretaker, he got on his bus and went on his merry way.
>This would later turn out to be a mistake, as not only were the amusements run down, but he saw something that would never leave his memory. "Connie!" Steven cried, "Connie!"
>The girl turned and saw this ragged child running after her, "Kevin..." She quickly hid behind her boyfriend who was wearing a red vest showcasing his gang. Kevin turned and grinned, "well, well..." Others wearing red vests surrounded Steven, a tall boy flanking Kevin.
>"Chief," Kevin nodded at him, "this shit has been stalkin' my girl for awhile now." Chief just nodded and before Steven knew it they were on him, the one with the hitting Steven right across the jaw, making Steven spit out a tooth. Then another blow came, straight in the back of the head-the victim wasn't able to make out who threw it. Steven however had gotten to his only to get stuck in a head grip and dropped to the ground.
>Just then, two of the warriors grabbed Steven's arms. Kevin approached, smiling, first kicking Steven right in the nuts before throwing fist upon fist right into Steven's face. First Kevin targeted his eye, then his nose which broke, blood flying all through the air. "Don't you like it?" Kevin huffed, "tryin' to steal my girl?" Another blow, sending Steven's two front teeth flying right through the air.
>Connie watched, smiling, enjoying seeing the annoying autist who annoyed her getting taught a lesson. But then, "ah shit, the poz are here." Chief gestured. "Warriors, scram!" They ran, dropping Steven on the ground and disappearing into the city streets.

Spinel’s hair follows the same animation rule as Mickey Mouse’s ears do.

That punch makes me laugh every time I see it. That audible ‘crack’ as her punch lands just kills me.

It was great seeing Steven get sucker punched

Attached: steven sucker punch.png (3342x1028, 1.86M)

Dudes tumblr is Havesomemoore

>"Greg had gotten imprisoned"
>a multi-millionaire
>built a house for Steven long before he struck it rich
>implying he wouldn't hire enough lawyers to have every officer involved lose their badges for excessive force
Yeah, this is the most unrealistic part. Plus side, this timeline guarantees humanity's extinction, a fitting fate for those who do not believe in Steven.

Is anyone else weirded out that gem fusion is a metaphor for sex, and that Steven and his dad fuse?

Only if you're a brainlet. It only represents sex to the genuine cumbrains who cannot see any interaction between characters without a sexual lens.

>Steven has to avoid touching during singing and dancing performances, or he might prematurely fuse.

This, fusion represents the characters involved's relationship, and that can be any kind of relationship. It's not rocket science.

You gotta love how Spinel was hellbent was beating Steven’s ass. It was nice seeing the antagonist actually makes solid attempts at fucking ip the protag’s shit.

>my demayo

>Later that week, Mister was still missing, Steven's insurance had fucked up and this time he had no pain killers at all. Laying in bed and gnashing his teeth as the pain was just overwhelming. "WAAAHHH!" He cried. When it passed, be barely managed to get out of the apartment, crushing a roach as he walked out the front door. Steven had heard of new tenants, some rich family who had gotten run out of the wealthy district and now they were looking for a new home. As he walked down into the laundry room, he immediately knew who they were and that they weren't friends.
>The olive skinned girl had cruel eyes, looking upon Steven with disgust and disdain even as she wore nothing but rags with rips and tears everywhere on. "What do you want, fatty?"
>"Ignore him," the stressed Military Policeman groaned as he took a swig of Vodka, "he just cries and bitches, waking everyone up in the middle of the night." And he gave Steven a look of barely constrained hatred, "and he felt one of our older tenenants that elixir. Killed a friend of mine, grew a foot through his stomach. All for five bucks."
>"What the hell? Really?" The girl's voice squeaked. "Man, fatass. You're a piece of shit."
>"I NEEDED FOOD!" Steven cried. It was true, he had walked up to the little faith healer, who made him convince the old soldier-the only person who nice to him-to try a very sketchy potion. It killed him. And now... "Shuttup!" Steven cried as he drunk out of a water bottle.
>The girl moved forward as if she was going to say something, but the policeman stopped her by gently pulling her back. As Steven left, the man muttered, "kharma is a bitch you murdering fat lardass piece of shit."
>Later that night, Steven felt his body stiffen, like something was on fire in his intestines. "Oooh!" Steven cried, running to the phone, "Help! 911-" only the cord was cut. Which left one option, he had to run to the hospital! Which he did, running out the tenement and out onto the city streets.

Loved how Steven kept on tanking it through it all, best she could do was make him bleed from his nose and that was when his powers were down.

you've seen fanart of an all diamond fusion

but how about all diamond plus spinel fusion?

Attached: 1567851198873.png (560x812, 238K)

Sauce ?

Havesomemoore (not a typo) on tumblr.

This made my penis really hard and I hate that.

Attached: 1567903620204.png (624x406, 389K)

I don't like Steven Universe or know shit about it but I like that cute pink girl, can I just watch the movie without understanding shit of the series?

You can do like, whatever man.

It’s a bit of a recap so yeah.

MASSIVE BONER

That's just shows how fucking tough Steven is. I wish that we'd had antagonists that really put Steven through his paces.

>Steven was running down the street, running as fast as he could, barely able to hold it in. It felt like at any moment his ass could burst open, and it was horrible. Like a burning sensation mixed with an ever expanding gas. "HELP!" Steven cried as he ran down the empty streets, "HELP!" He saw someone else running, a fireman and ran towards him. "HELP! MY ASS IS GOING TO EXPLODE!" It was getting bigger and bigger, like a great hurricane overtaking him.
>But the man kept running and it was easy to see why for two headlights shined on Steven. "Hey, it's that fat kid from Beach City. Remember him?" Kevin asked his friends.
>"Yeah," said Connie. Steven had annoyed her. Sure, he was somewhat amusing when he was a kid but she had gotten older. She liked men who were dangerous, who were exciting, who could change in a heartbeat from the sweetest thing into a wife beater at a moment's notice. That element of wild card danger, that adrenaline, the feel of a real man as he pounded her in bed. It was the animalistic draw of it all, that feeling that hearkened back to an earlier period of human development.
>That feeling that made her scream, "KICK HIS ASS KEVIN!"
>Kevin stomped on the pedal and the car exploded in motion. "NO!" Steven cried, running as fast as he could as the car got closer and closer it was on him, Steven barely felt it when the car hit backside and sent him sliding over it's front, Steven feeling his mangled body flying over, hitting the cement like a ragdoll. Then, he felt his ass explode, "grahhh..." Shit filled his pants, squishing and burning his skin. Then blood began pouring out of his mouth as his bladder exploded, pissing his pants.
>Connie smiled as she looked over Steven's body, and the last thing Steven saw was Connie's smug smile, looking proud at her handiwork before jerking and his eyes went glossy like that of a statue.
>When they found him in the morning, it was decreed Steven died in a pool of his own blood, piss, and shit.

>details about Pearl's creation.
>Amethyst's first form.

It's mostly a celebration of the series and characters with a new antagonist that has ties to Steven's mother. You can watch it without seeing the series but you probably won't appreciate it as much.

Closest we got was Jasper and all she ever could do was give him a black eye.

You really should stick to fluffy pony threads, user. At least they lampshade the lore so it all doesn't seem so contrived.

>Spinel taunting Steven over his bimbo fetish
I would pay to have been a fly on the wall of the writers room during the discussion of this scene.

thanks my man

OHNONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO BANJOKES! IT SEEMS YOUR LITTLE BEAR FRIEND CAUGHT WIND OF THE FINAL NEWCOMER, AND OFFED HIMSELF. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH THIS IS TOO RICH, TOO FUCKING RICH!

Attached: banjos_suicide_by_ultimatelazerbot_d9wcol6-fullview.jpg (1024x681, 51K)

The VA just has that kinda voice I suppose

Aye. Even before his powers were fully developed, he took what's basically a brick to the face and only got a tiny scratch.

Well I mean it doesn't help how sensual and lewd looking Garnet and Amethyst danced to fuse, Pearl even covered Steven's eyes as if it was sex.

What? Steven deserves it. Every character from Papa to Kevin has been startlingly realistic. With Steven being impressively in character.

Kevin’s too cool to be in a gang stupid. Or wear a dumb ass red vest. Or not be the leader.

SPINEL CLOWNS ON THE COMPETITION

Attached: 987576352.jpg (1080x555, 109K)

We're not interested in reading edgy fanfic like that here, simple as that.

The story said Steven was 10 so I guess user set it pre or early season 1. It makes sense since Steven can't fight back when papa hurts him or runaway since there's no one he can turn to. I like reading this story knowing at some point the cluster is going to take everyone out with Steven. Any timeline that doesn't believe in him is a doomed one.

Kevin is also dating a 9-10 year old here so that's something.

Bruh, it feels good to be a gangster. Kevin figured it out. Steven refused to learn and look what happened.

Everyone who doesn't like SU, however, does. Which is everyone since you got ran out of the SU general or whatever.

That's that Diamond in his genes! Nothing short of a Breaking Point class weapon is gonna take him out.

I like these reversal images

Attached: 1443149047583.png (1058x1414, 545K)

>Which is everyone since you got ran out of the SU general or whatever.
What?

If that. It works in theory. No idea in application.

>shoulder straps sliding off
nice

It had to be changed, he's a teenager now. How else is he suppose to beat his meat without the Gems walking in on him?

Attached: 87600000989.gif (500x358, 477K)

what even would this au be?

>Connie only gives him a little peck on the cheek
I can only imagine his pent up stress being around all those gems and getting blue balled

When Steven's trying to help Amethyst recover her memories in the arcade, Spinel is laughing and hugging the mass of tickets that come out.

youtube.com/watch?v=i_BKGjw0jtE

He’s grown so much.

Pear was Pink the whole time? I dunno user, not my art. I just like the pics.

Attached: 1463777196022.png (540x460, 123K)

Not really, since the whole scenario hinges on Steven being taken out of Beach City, when the neglect charges couldn't possibly stick in a court of law. Additionally, there is pretty much no period during the show where the abuse performed by mere humans could put a scratch on him, even less so if it takes place at the current point in the timeline. It doesn't matter if the characters are realistic if the whole premise is too forced, and no one is depicted as in character, least of all Connie and Kevin. Seriously, he turns into a pedophile for the sake of the author wanting to cuck Steven. Even more, it's not like Steven dying is going to be a good thing; ANYWHERE this plays out in the timeline it's a big game over for humanity at best, the entire planet at worst, with the only surviving examples being the thoroughly domesticated Zoomans.

My only takeaway is the author doesn't really know much beyond the early seasons, ignores the lore so he can force his scenario, and may as well be writing original fiction, maybe fluffy pony abuse.

Also it has Connie be with someone she describes as a wife beater so he’s probably gonna end up killing her. Kinda sucks for her.

Oh god yes. I need more Crystal Gem*Spinel and Berserk^Pearl.

Attached: 765434567999.gif (500x375, 951K)

Dude, you take this shit way too seriously. That only makes him come back for more. There's only way to stop a nigga moment: peace.

Animation, even more than literature can give meaning to gestures, has to, really.
If anyone does anything without need, you can rest assured the crew had a reason to expend animation budget on doing it.
GRRM does just revel in detailing menus and fests, but especially 18-19th century writing contains hints at facts that a modern reader can easily miss.
Like statements about social status, acts which the author cannot actually describe due to prevalent ideas of propriety etc. which only make sense in the context of the time and its language.
I recall vividly how Fontane describes the birth of Effi Briest without so much as using any words even hinting at bodily realities around pregnancies, the word pregnancy or birth. The whole thing is communicated through euphemisms, acts common around a pregnancy at the time and in that social class, and colors.
Similarly, Felix Krull starts out with seemingly inane details on his parentage which are in the way they are formulated indicative of his deceptive and self-serving nature as an unreliable narrator and all-around terrible guy.
As such, looking for meaning in even minute details around animation can easily be a rewarding exercise, I think.
Naturally, not everything is truly relevant, and much is more about technical concerns, visual composition or preferences.
But particularly Sugar has always shown a tendency towards deep symbolism, so the color of any object, any character decision can be seen as a statement on their personal situation, ideas and mental growth.

She probably comes programmed to know the proper protocol for addressing diamonds, but had no context for what an Um Greg Universe is, so she just defaulted to calling him by that full name

Also it's literally just there as a gag

Yes, because sending her back to Homeworld where she'd be seen as an abomination and be shattered would clearly have been the better option.

Garnet had every reason to stay and fight with Rose, and going by what Rose did to Bismuth none of the CGs were shattering other gems.

I don't disagree with your assessment, but I think you're putting a lot more thought into it than the person who wrote it.

My guess is that Pink diamond fell in love with her Pearl and started the war but pearl friend zoned her and loved humanity more. Rose can't shit without revealing herself and being a hypocrite.

Not to Connie. She finds it exciting, fulfilling that danger element Steven couldn't.

>At beginning it shows spinel foot toward the broadcast
>Song "drift away" shows she was looking away from broadcast crystal
I hate this inconsistency.

Also her getting tangled up in picking the red or blue cables is a nice visual metaphor for her sorting out the relationship of the freshly reset Ruby and Sapphire.

Objectivity clearly escapes you

animationfag here- you might write around showing a certain place if you don't have the budget or time to concept/create an area, or use a place a lot because it cost money to produce. nothing is blue sky unfortunately.

>Peace
No nigga it's jail.

Fuck off Steve

...Yeah. I'm surprised Rose/Pink didn't just flat out destroy the ship, but if she used it, for any reason, Homeworld would notice and it would start the war all over again.

>None of the warp pads left on earth can teleport off planet.

>No spaceships are left over aside from the busted Legs which Rose never repaired (...and kept because... reasons? An emergency?)

> ergo, Rose/Pink had no way of going back and getting Spinel without starting the war again and she just simply couldn't take that risk and had to *live* with her guilt.

they'd probably throw spinel in the garbage too under that logic, unless she won them over

that'd be a cool AU too. Steven goes to homeworld and there's a new 'pink diamond' that was grown in the meantime and commands all her troops, except she's actually spinel they adopted and disguised as a diamond

Attached: 1510506347450.png (1189x1920, 195K)

Hey, we pick apart pettier shit than this on the daily. If he wants to post, let him do so, and I'll be waiting to give my critique.

Hmm. I like the first season better. While I didn't mind the conclusion with Connie, I did the bedroom scene far more effective in conveying Steven's feelings of impotency when compared to the better male that is Kevin.

That's fuckin' dumb. Literal space adventures/monster hunting kind of trump anything Kevin has to offer.

Man, I don't know what's sadder. You taking this seriously or people critiquing greentexts expecting it to make a difference.

Subtext is part of the reason why a lot of anons think SU is badly written. On its surface some things can appear glossed over or not given enough time, but there are ALWAYS consequences to characters acting in certain ways or events happening the way they do.

su is badly written a lot of the time
agreed that it tends to take consequences as a long term thing and sits on plot points a lot though

Better post mine.
Part One
>Steven snorted in his sleep, his short chubby body jiggling in fear as the nightmares occurred.
>Kevin looming over him at his party, being so forceful with Stevonnie,having fused to fulfill his promise as he tried to protect Connie from him.
>Kevin just kept on seeming stronger as he grabbed Stevonnie and managed to defuse them.
>Steven plopped to the ground, tasting the tiles, as Connie was taken from him while he kept reaching out
> He could see Connie and figured she was so scared, being handled by a brute like Kevin, when his eyes grew wide.
>Connie was kissing Kevin, moaning and groaning as she kept humping his leg in front of everybody as all the onlookers gazed and cheered Kevin on.
>He could see Kevin lower Connie’s skirt, giving him a peek of her panties.
>Steven tried to get up but couldn’t, his porkish body feeling too heavy to even life, as he noticed Kevin pull his cock out and leaning towards Connie’s mouth and-
>Steven woke up. In his dark pen as he felt the cold air from the holes that allowed him to breathe . press against his fat naked body. He could feel the dirt on his ass and budged his arm with the shit and piss on the corner. He had wet himself again...

>tfw we won't see High School AU Spinel

I wonder what she'd be in steven's school? The troublemaker in detention?

Attached: Spinel hood.jpg (1080x1068, 88K)

Steven
>father is a multi-millionaire
>literally super-human
>hangs out with space goddesses
>has the authority equivalent to them
>can Jesus shit out of his ass
>Earth doomed without him
>still a nice dude
>except to Spinel
Kevin
>has a nice car
>well-off parents
>twinkish looks
>can't even hold onto a girlfriend
>insecurities fuel his general cuntishness

Kevin's not as bad as he's made out, but he's leagues below Steven in terms of wealth, power, and influence.

You know what I think the biggest flaw of SU is?

There needed to be a far more organized approach to the comics. Have them *all* be gaiden/side story shit that's canon and helps fill in the blanks for those who wanted more. A mini series about what Lars was doing in space, (which I think the were doing or something?) an ongoing about the new gems acclimating to Earth, adventures that they didn't have the budget to include, etc. etc.

What IFs/AUs could be part of an SU annual and I'd pay good money to read it with shit like this, Jasper/Peridot/Lapis being the original CGs and the Pearl/Spinel role switch.

The school shooter for a very special episode.

Actually later in the movie when Spinel's singing, she turned around to watch it.

Kinda unrelated, but why do many user's seem incapable of realizing that characters can turn around. I seen complaints of how in the Other Friends fight, characters are facing one way in one shot, then the other in another. But the easiest explanation is that they turned around. It's not that hard.

Attached: Shoes.png (1360x768, 792K)

Again, you're trying to prop up Kevin by having him fuck a twelve year old. Not exactly the brightest story decision.

>Cluster goes full Shin Godzilla
>SPIIIIIIINEEEEELLL!!!
>Spinel sneezes on homeworld

Attached: Shin godzilla.jpg (540x743, 231K)

Right?

Damn a school AU episode with all the characters would be super entertaining. It sucks they don't do one off non-canon episodes like that. I still remember that dream in Chile Tid where they were all normal humans and it was referencing old family sitcoms.

>that fucking CRUNCH on that last one

Attached: Ah shit!.png (209x278, 38K)

Sometimes things do get REAL subtle in terms of consequences.
However, the amount of shit that was foreshadowed and went unnoticed for months or years is fascinating. Pearl getting increasingly distressed anytime Steven mentions the Diamonds, Garnet misreading her because she cannot see what critical information has been withheld from her for 6k years...
It only comes into play in S05.

Look at both images, in first one she is clearly still rooted on the ground, in "drift away" she unroots her boots and turns around. Why make such inconsistency if you can just decide on either, she always looked on crystal and change second scene, or just draw boots in first scene rotated. Clearly this shows still has problem of artists not collaborating with each other.

Took a minute to click that Pearl and Greg where hanging out on the beach.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-09-08-13h08m46s445.png (1920x1080, 871K)

No user. You're wrong. She runs straight forward in the song.

>It sucks they don't do one off non-canon episodes like that.
Being a fan of another show that does, I'm actually really grateful. Being shown so many AU episodes that you just want to see the "regular" versions of them develop gets downright infuriating.

>Not Spinel springs into action

Forgot the image

Attached: Run.png (1360x768, 816K)

>father is a multi-millionaire
And is still neglectful and just spoils Steven so he doesn't have to put up with him, Bob style.
>literally super-human
He's technically a hologram.
>hangs out with space goddesses
Does he fuck them? No? Kevin would.
>has the authority equivalent to them
What?
>can Jesus shit out of his ass
Which is boring to women. They want the man who is calm one moment, then is a savage ape the next. Women crave excitement, and Jesus ain't exciting.
>Earth doomed without him
What? Homeworld? Have you seen the VS threads? ANYONE can destroy Homeworld with ease. Hell a single space marine tanks virtually every gem. Hell, a regiment of Imperial Guardsmen would wipe out of half of them, taking on the entire planet with a good plan.
>still a nice dude
Which makes him a sissy in the eyes of women. They want the man who sees other women all the time, lying and getting angry at random as that gives a danger factor. What Steven is is a 'nice guy' women use to take care of the stronger 'alpha' man's offspring while avoiding him as much as possible.

>everything about Kevin
Yeah, this guy is going to score.

>No image of Spinel pulling the ol whoopy cushion joke on teacher Connie with a delinquent smirk on her face as the class laughs
>No image of Delinquent Spinel in Steven's office not giving a fuck

Raises more questions then i guess, since she is clearly at least 90 degrees from crystal if not even behind her.

Attached: Steven.Universe.The.Movie.720p.HDTV.x264-MADRiD.mp4_snapshot_00.55.59_[2019.09.08_22.15.28].png (1280x720, 723K)

I definitely get that but I think what's happened is that I've kinda developed the same feeling but opposite for SU? We've had so many serious episodes with character development and plot progression in the last few years and I really just wanna see these characters good around.
Like people will say what they want about Say Uncle but honestly something like that around now would be a breath of fresh air for me.

having the comics be full of noncanon AU stuff is a really good idea the mlp comics used

What about all the women who stab cheating boyfriends?

I'd like fun laidback stuff with the main gems but still canon, so I agree to an extent. It bothers me that everything became "Steven Bombs" even when the show was just airing at all.

goof around*

what show?

Women aren't rational. That's just fact.

Imagine an SU fighting game.

I'm kinda thinking of those old ATLA school shorts and non-canon anime AU's where they're in a completely different setting. It's a good way to take the piss out of whats going/has gone down in the show and also just see the characters interact in more interesting ways.
It's also an excuse for characters that would never need to interact to actually interact.

What did you think was going on there?
They are on sand near water and have guitars out for practice

>Spinel and Jasper are the school bullies / troublemakers / pranksters

Yeah, sometimes he arranges the cover to be note-for-note for the original track, which can sound a bit jarring on guitar.

Sexual bullying?

Is there any other kind?

When did Steven become such a chad?

Attached: believe in steven.png (1290x723, 1.12M)

I actually just remembered they used to do school au promo art for episodes back in the day.

Attached: 1c1ac2d4c8d4fd1eb3d7f321ef1015fb.jpg (632x630, 84K)

spinel would be class clown/cheerleader

jasper would be the straight a varsity jock who puts pearl in a locker ever other period

Around the time he grew a neck.

They did that all the way up to Reunited IIRC

> realised it was already posted about in here
nvm

>Jasper and Spinel doing Steven sexual favors so they don’t get in trouble
Nice

Guys I'm straight but I kind of want to fuck Steven

I want him to fuck me and caress me.

When he accepted and mastered responsibility, himself and his relationship with those around him.
He is absolutely insurmountable while he knows and loves himself.
He is a being of almost pure virtue.

>the audio says whackering
>the lip sync says whacking off
holy shit, for once the "artistic freedom" pays off.

>digestive track
wat

When he fucked Greg

>I’ll always have more work to do.
Loved it.

Attached: BEAD6F7D-817F-45B6-A8E5-03CD24BC1ADE.jpg (1280x717, 108K)

When he stopped demanding fry bits like a little sperg and ordered proper fries like a regular person

And so we have now come full circle

>You're not gonna tattle on us, riiiiight Steven?
>Spinel makes puppy eyes at Steven, while Jasper's hands slither up and down his legs
It gets nicer.

Don't do this to me, I already fapped today

It would be a nice line to say to Garnet or Pearl. Not a great thing to say to Spinel.

Spinel clopping her feet together in front of Ruby and Sapphire to symbolize fusion

Oh fuck, I didn't get that either

That never stopped anyone.
I had a two-hour anal bonanza and a quick wank since then, yet here I am...

Let's see if I can do something about that.

Attached: delinquent Spinel.png (1052x750, 283K)

You know those blue flowers in the garden with spinel? Thyre called “forget me not”

Attached: 0A18DBA8-8D6B-40E9-94ED-F779B837141D.jpg (231x218, 8K)

Love it

>Principle Steven molests Spinel

Attached: 1567486301151.png (1280x720, 303K)

>That look she is giving greg

Attached: 1528505439856.png (618x595, 599K)

That's perfect.
Flower game in SU on point as ever.

I wanted them to go full MGS4 and just have a fist fight on top of the injector.

He's had enough of this shit.

I thought it was weird he ordered normal fries instead of the bits
unless ordering normal fries was a huge milestone

She craves the attention.

Oh look! It's the Jasperfly!

Oh so she's acting out so she can be with Principle Steven more often and be "disciplined" by him?

Attached: 1567571733475.jpg (1366x768, 129K)

>Delinquent Spinel molesting Steven for good grades and to stay out of trouble.

That, but the fact it's Pearl.

Was the hand always on the beach or did the temple statue break apart in the two year gap?

Spankings aren't really punishment if you enjoy them.

he has gained a greater appetite in advanced age

Guess he’s grown out of a few quirks

I'm just waiting for them to let it fly that Gregs perma-sunburn is actually a partial pinking he got from Rose at some point, and that he has powers he just has to acknowledge.

Also Pearl and Greg are Legitimately cute together when they get along. The pink lemon-aid they're drinking is a nice touch.

Pearl and Greg seem to be getting along much better after coming to terms. They're pretty chummy at this point.

also the whole Steg thing causing her sexuality to grow another option that day.

I headcanon that his "sunburn" tan-thing shows exactly what he was wearing when he and Pink Diamond had sex.

Steven's tears turned Lars pink, so we can deduce that PD is a massive gusher.

Do what man? I mean it's not like you can imagine
>Spinel flipping the switch and bringing out "Punished Spinel". Her and Jasper pushing Steven up against a locker, their full weight on him.
>Spinel kissing his neck while Jasper takes off his jacket and unzips his pants.
>They know that Steven is goody-two-shoes plus a teacher's pet and it gets them off to see far they can push him.
>Steven breaks out in a hot sweat
>Spinel, with bedroom eyes, asking Steven "if wants to play a 'game' where they all can win".

>I headcanon that his "sunburn" tan-thing shows exactly what he was wearing when he and Pink Diamond had sex
So her gem shone so hard it gave him a permanent burn?

Season 6 is gonna be him traveling to all the Gem Worlds in contrast to what he said at the beginning of the film.

L-lewd

Jesus chased Jews out of a temple with a whip.

you jasperfaggots are, like, blind

Attached: jasper.png (607x879, 552K)

unironically you can, somewhat at least. I mean, compare novels from pre 1850ish to those after. There's much less describing things tediously, more "he's fat and looks like a turnip so we call him mr. turnip lel" versus "her green eyes contrast her pointed nose which blablablaa".

That's a list of enemies fought in the past, not the same thing.

>tfw you have an entire movie stuck in your head

Attached: pearl.gif (500x289, 85K)

>calling someone else blind while looking at the wrong thing

She turned but not with enough force to break the roots

Wasn’t that tagline already used for Bowser Jr’s reveal trailer?

So the the boots in first scene make no sense, thank you.

you're totally right, this bugs me too. I really don't give a shit about inconsistencies in general, but this one bothers me because it seems to obvious in a way that they often are. Just watching the movie twice it seems so obvious of a mistake that I'm surprised nobody caught and fixed it.

fuck I had a stroke

>but this one bothers me because it seems to obvious in a way that they often are.
*because it seems so obvious unlike others which are more unnoticeable.

If you re-watch Spinel first fight with gems you can spot a lot of errors, impossible shots, cuts that shift characters into different positions, her stretching to do final attack and then she still stretches as she delivers the blow, did the storyboard artist had a stroke?

I don't know, I think it's possible that when Jasper tore his shirt when she was being corrupted, she actually really hurt Steven, but because Steven's hand was coated with his healing saliva when he pressed his hand to his torso, it healed.

Centi is in the enemy one but not the friends one

Yes, I don't dispute that they are obvious when you look for them, but it's a fairly fast-paced sequence unlike the one where she's standing completely still while facing the wrong direction.

Maybe Centi isn't Amethyst's friend?

It's always been there. There's some bits of the statue underwater too, you can see them in the episode where Lapis steals the sea to go to space.

Not even doing frame by frame comparison of the fight, you can clearly see her stretching for a "slingshot" attack but she still stretches after windup.

Attached: spinel_attack.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Yeah that's pretty lewd but this is to go even FURTHER BEYOND
>Steven knows that Spinel and Jasper are the troublemakers of the school. He knows exactly what they’re doing, but doesn’t make an effort to stop them.
>Spinel continues necking Steven. While Jasper slithers her hands down his now unzipped pants and gives his dick a nice firm grip. “Is that a diamond in your pocket, or are you just happy to see us?”
>Spinel giggles mischievously. “Wooooow, that surrre is big! You wanna ride him or something?” Jasper tells her “later”. She begins pumping her arm up and down, running her fingers along Steven’s “diamond”.
>Steven’s body shifts and he grunts. Reluctantly enjoy the “game”. Spinel gently nibbles on his ear. Jasper’s ups the pace, stroking faster and faster. “What’s wrong, surely this can’t be too much for Mr. Perfect?”
>Spinel whines at Jasper, telling her to slow down, otherwise he’s gonna pop his cork and she won’t get a turn.

The only animation error that bothers me is right at the end of Other Friends, where Spinel loops around the injector then up the lighthouse. When she reaches her limit and is about to spring back and cut down the CGs, we get that shot of them standing up to rush her while steven reaches out as if to stop them. In that shot, we should still see Spinel's legs looped around the injector but don't.
It's so minor that you blink and miss it, but it stuck out to me as I was thinking about the fight choreography and now I can't help but notice it.

Attached: riiiiiiiight.gif (266x215, 1.67M)

It's possible that Nephrite prime was one of the few uncorrupted gems that wanted and got her old job back?

Based

This fuck
Need leaks already

Attached: 649b92cc60f6687518370070c96c1ccb.jpg (736x1356, 60K)

Here’s something for you, Jasperfag

Attached: A4D602A8-88E3-47AC-8331-F48085ECE0BA.jpg (600x841, 155K)

NYCC is October 4th. Not long to go anons newyorkcomiccon.com/Explore/Panels/Panels-And-Screenings/#/event/steven-universe

Attached: Capture.png (499x466, 45K)

Oops forgot the first half

Attached: 08D5E207-4D03-4DE7-9F72-7D79414832B4.jpg (600x841, 94K)

I bet someone will say "Oh she just retracted legs"

Attached: spinel_drill.jpg (1280x1440, 347K)

when are they doing the body swap episode? every cartoon needs one.

Attached: 1546362940275.png (904x1280, 675K)

>prominent centipeetles
i wonder what it means

how would that even work for gems

i think this is going to be the case

she looks pretty haughty in and she's also next to topaz, as she is in the enemy art

Pink was in the room when Nephrite called Yellow about the life on earth, she's an important character

Here's one

Pink Diamond from the visual looks directly at the present-day Pearl

AND Pearl happens to be "bowing" as she gesticulates with the guitar

Attached: pinkdiamond.png (1440x900, 909K)

Gem science magic.

some peridot invents a hitherto-unthought device and shenanigans ensue?

i would love all the homeworld gems to get swapped around and have to get used to each others powers.

>looking for things that aren't there

But she just retracted her legs

Attached: 1567916863983.png (1912x1072, 1.06M)

They already did.

Attached: steven is lars.jpg (630x355, 37K)

I seriously hope he doesn't.

t. someone who likes fluffies

I'm more interested in the alt verse episode with evil CGs.

Loving how done Steven is lately.

Attached: 7D5A7D65-3C89-4C9B-8F40-9D942F36082B.jpg (292x255, 23K)

how about Sugar finally putting herself in the background?

Attached: rebecca.png (217x533, 183K)

Can you blame him?
Even he must be fed up of gem shit.

That's not Rebecca, it's another member of the crew.

I am reminded of user's watercolor.

Attached: 1.jpg (1280x816, 448K)

oh, that's true
an all gem one then? since we know it's possible?

remember when steven stabbed bismuth
it as a big deal and he was very shaken afterward

in the movie he chops spinel in half without a second thought

To be fair he didn't know who Spinel was at the start and she had just cut down the other gems.

He’s grown since then. It’s an improvement.

He looks reluctant the moment he swings but he's put up with enough shit by now to know sometimes you just gotta cut a bitch down.

>"My organic jacket..."
Unironically what did he mean this? Did he mean his skin since it got fucked up?

>giant horny space milfs want you to stay with them in a palace so they can shower you with eternal affection
>nah bye
Once a faggot always a faggot

Pretty sure it's just a random joke.

His jacket was probably made out of organic fibers like pima cotton or some shit. Steven seems like a "going green" kind of dude.

just clunky dialogue, i think

If his jacket was polyester it would have been fine, it disintegrates because of the poison that attacks organic material. I'd assume his jacket is a cotton blend.

did you just forget about Roses and Stevens healing powers? or did you measure it to the scale of a simple bandaid? Motherfuckers cured fucking DEATH with Lars and Lion. Also a lot more than one kiss was involved, he had to makeout with every other 10 feet of beach city to undo that poison

Don’t stick your dick in crazy, especially not when they’re former space dictators and your family.

>he had to makeout with every other 10 feet of beach city to undo that poison
Couldn't they have just taken the fountain water?

Probably, but then Steven wouldn't get to makeout with all of Beach City.

Steven probably has a miracle dick that cures crazy, he'll never know if he doesn't try

>Steven takes Connie's virginity
>cums inside
>heals her hymen

She mentions food passing through her in like the first season. The bathroom was also originally for her.

Spinel probably saved the Earth by forcing the injector to spurt all the poison at once. If it had completed its proper cycle the it would've been a lot harder to deal with.

Makes sense.

On that note would dudes with healing factors grow their foreskin back?

I'd force my injector to spurt all the poison at once into Spinel, if you know what I mean

That could mean anything really. Comics, video games, books even. There's no confirmation of another season outside of wishful thinking.

Yeah, the visual of all the gunk spurting all over Beach City on the surface should have tipped off those anons who were confused as to why the Earth is still okay.
>Steven has healing jizz

voice actors have been recording too late for the movie.

everyone who saw this movie and complained about bad writing or think everyone;s interpretation of it has one of the following

1. tunnel vision: inability to notice details
2. a.d.d. :easily distracted by certain details that they dont see other details
3. illiterate: does not know what it takes to create literature
4. simple minded: if they saw a glass falling to the floor, the last thing on their mind is what would happen when it hits the floor
5. close minded: cannot fathom the idea that people other than themselves could ever exist
6. infantile: cannot process complex thought, so the idea that anything not specifically verbally spoken of, is happening, is somehow not happening
7. degenerate: oblivious to historical, cultural, sub-cultural, psychological information as well as how they influence the creative drive of content providers
8. Haters; people who never learned to appreciate anything for their multiple layers, or the massive amount of work that goes into literally anything around them whatever, and instead looks for an excuse to bitch and gripe because they latch onto the ability to make everything seem lesser and themselves better, even though they themselves provide nothing good for this world, and the content they criticize actually does do the world good

Reminder this movie is complete shit., the amnesia plot dragged on for too long and is peak lazy shitty writing.

The show would have been so awesome if the credits had different locales as the background with Spinel standing there in one of them. Last episode would be back to that image with the foot no longer there.

Attached: 1567564315437.jpg (1585x1021, 102K)

How is he reading the tape's name if its still playing in the TV?

you'd have to redo the picture so it was less immediately readable as a foot.

His jacket was made out of cotton or leather

Is long enough time for the Immortal and impossible old Diamonds to develop issues and still not be over the dead of Pink.

FITTNA NUT

Attached: ED4BpBqW4AEDSRI.jpg (664x664, 57K)

>acquaintance-zoned?

Attached: Acquaintancezoned.png (600x627, 246K)

You know animators have to draw everything, right. Not that user but it doesn't sound too weird.

Maybe covered by overgrown grass?

hot take or whatever, but i feel like her colour palette sucked. why not just make her black and white with pink accents?

Attached: oswald the lucky human.png (900x900, 179K)

Thats possession since Lars doesn't end up in Steven Body.

Everything Steven did over the course of the movie was one of Spinel's pieces. When he tries to leave her with bismuth and the others is an obvious one, but during the "no matter what" song you see her desperately trying to get Steven's attention and sitting at a comfortable distance while amethyst cuddles up to him. When Greg "disappears" to become Steg, Steven also disappears, causing Spinel to react the exact same way Pearl does. And of course she's left out of the little floating part of the song. In a weird way Steven IS doing what Spinel said. Being loving with his real friends and careless with his fake ones.

Black and white is White Diamond's theme.

>How do you do, My Um Greg Universe? Thank you for bringing me into the world.

and it's heavily implied she was made by white diamond

i understand they needed her to be pink for the end, but still

They’re not even fake friends. She thinks they’re real, he doesn’t even try faking, just has her around.

Reboot Spinel wanted to be friends with him, regular Spinel doesnt thats why she ditchs her ass as soon as the diamonds show up.

Intentional or not, Steven was effectively triggering her abandonment memories without realizing what he was doing. I think the true purpose of the scene was for the sake of her recovered memories. She had to remember something, just to get them to the garden.

She did
She hooked her legs onto something closer to the lighthouse, you can see it when she's flying back towards them and her legs are stretching behind her

I think that would have been a bit too on-the-nose.

I noticed that a Spinel/Pearl Fusion would be King Crimson

Attached: King_Crimson.jpg (1920x1080, 123K)

Pearl was literally a loaner from White Diamond, and her original form has the colors of all the diamonds

How the fuck would a Spinel fusion even work
Would she just be holding the other person's weapon in her stretchy arms

If you drank a bottle of Bleach your body will puke it. If you drank slow quantities in a long periods you would die.

i guess so

it's just an, unimaginitive i guess, colour palette. just monochrome pink, cause she was pink's. an accent colour or pushing up the value contrast could have done wonders for it.

Attached: 1500710619444.png (1085x1032, 614K)

spinel/steven fusion would have a skipping rope weapon.

It will puke out your stomach lining :)

Spinel brings speed, and creative improvised movement. A mix of hardness and flexibility, because her gem is metal and not glass.

Wow, it's almost like you don't watch the show.

>mfw

But actually this scene didn't even make sense because Steven didn't show any interest in amnesiac Spinel. He was the one to get her memories back in the first place.

Attached: 1566889549502.jpg (500x502, 46K)

I disagree, I really like how mulberry she looks in certain scenes.

He did seem understanding during the whole garden scene though.

Spinel was under the impression that Steven planned to wipe her mind again. Garnet was her shield at that moment.

spinel was used to charismatic people using her then turning on her

probably why she liked the diamonds being such transparent autists

;_;

Attached: sapphire waaaait.jpg (632x832, 208K)

Nah, I think there's more to it, the fact he has all 4 colors on him

But would it be like her leg stretching or what

Almost felt like she just wanted to escape at the first chance to, so she layed on the charm. As much as she might want to be friends with Steven, she couldn't trust herself.

he only got them back because he wanted his planet not dead. if he hadn't needed her to turn off the injector, he'd have left her to rot in ignorance

you know he would have.

Attached: tumblr_5833d3c0c8002592e3c927efc3afbb09_11672fc6_640.png (640x360, 174K)

I really wish the constant promos hadn't spoiled the moon shot during "Change"

Attached: 1567930161220.png (603x633, 108K)

Spinel thought he did because he was carrying the weapon.

I think it's more that she was purpose built to entertain and befriend people, and hasn't broken out of her initial programming like the Crystal Gems have.

Yes, to us, it seems like she's going to live a fairly shallow existence with the Diamonds, but you have to understand that, shallow as it is, it's exactly what Spinel wants.

>the way he puts his hands on his face when she says "I don't want to play anymore" before realizing she meant the gloves were coming off

Attached: ydm.jpg (1217x3000, 923K)

Kevin VIP

Attached: 7b2.jpg (1211x1000, 346K)

Husbando

why break programming if it's good programming? indeed, it's programming all humans have.

For some reason I can see a Spinel/Garnet Fusion using Nunchuks

The intro fight sequence really is the best part of the whole movie

That's what the Amy/Garnet fusion used.

it was based. immediately sold me on the character.

I thought it was a ball and chain

I never said it was bad programming, I'm just saying it's a behavior that Spinel is compelled to follow, unlike the CG's who are 'free' of their initial designs.

It was a near as the show is going to get to either.

Well, also, the Diamonds have... sort of... changed.

Will they default back to their old ways, now that they have a replacement Pink, or are they legitimately going to take this as a second chance to make things right?

I mean, White was passive aggressive as fuck during the movie but Blue and Yellow sobered up rather fast after they realized Steven was Pink's legacy during the show.

OTOH, Spinel isn't a diamond herself (but is the only other gem besides Pink who canonically changed her Gem's position) so just by elevating a non-diamond to Pink's position of beloved sister means something different is unfolding.

Well not all the crystal gems have broken out of their programming. Bismith is still a crafter and builder, Peridot grew crops for fun because it reminded her of kindergartening and is still a tech wiz. The gems only really broke out of their self harming programming. Like being a slave, and Amethyst also never really broke out of her programming, she just had to accept that she was OK flawed.

Ruby and Sapphire never had programming problems either, their conflict was just about fusion and being together. Her Sapphire half is still a seer, and Ruby is still a fighter. And Lapis, what even is her programming? Is there any? I don't think there is. The only one who really had conflicts with their roles as they are was Pearl being specifically Rose's Pearl.

Attached: 1567627418874.png (1280x720, 528K)

God that was painful. Steven doesn’t even try to pull Spinel to follow him.

It has to be freaking deliberate that Steven is acting more like his mom in this movie.

I'm not sure they're 'elevating' her. I think they see her akin to how they view Steven, more as a niece/nephew rather than a full bore replacement.

spinel is free too. the person she was created only for is dead.

Gems seem to behave erratically when you remove the target of their default programming. Not that we know exactly why they felt the need to conquer. If it turned out that they had some unseen ancient programmer, it wouldn't be so surprising if it showed up to question why progress had stopped.

i hope so. it would be funny to see her get a panalquin and throw balls and such.

When garnet says "staying hydrated is important when it comes to smooching" she makes direct eye contact with connie

I can kinda imagine Spinel being treated like she was a Diamond, and hating how serious she was supposed to behave all the time.

They seem to let go of being serious. Look at White, she’s a drama queen.

Why is a talking energy mass speaking about hydration?

Those threads don't actually consider the implications of what they're doing, and I really think you overestimate the Astra Militarum in this scenario. Start by comparing the basic infantry of the Guard with that of the Authority. Guardsman gets flak armor, typically with a M-Galaxy pattern lasgun, bayonet, grenades if they're lucky. A common Ruby is stronger and tougher than a human, very agile, as well as able to summon a weapon, produce intense heat at will, and form into a deadlier version of herselves via fusion. Both also may receive weaponry depending on what task they have to accomplish.
A ruby isn't going to be effected at all by a lasgun, and fighting a fast, stronger opponent in melee that's also a walking broiler isn't going to end well for that Guardsmen.
Everyone struggles with space marines, but if Jasper is any indication, they are every bit as durable, functionally immortal, and we've seen that the Authority can and will equip gems for the job, such as the blaster cannon in Peridot's limb enhancers(something, if mass produced and given to rubies would render them dangerous to even space marines.)
There's also the biggest advantage that they never take into account; the Gems are an extragalactic threat. The Imperium can't really attack them effectively, while the DA has all manner of avenues for attack. We also see that they too have Exterminatus-tier weaponry, and the capability of killing a planet that also produces something that likely is meant for planet-killing!

That also is kind of a moot point, humanity is doomed because No Steven = No talking down the Cluster. Everything else is just your own skewed view of sexual relations, since honestly, Kevin seems like more of a sad loser than anything:
>all he has going on Saturday night is going to a rave in the middle of nowhere
>tries to pick up the hottest chick there; is not only a tranny, but two kids in an overcoat
>has to cheat to win in a race with an older model car

>"I guess we'll just waaaaiiit for you to visit us wheneeeeever yooouuu're readyyyyyyy"

au where the diamonds adopt spinel instead when pink leaves and everyone is better off

Why does Steg have four arms
Is Greg just that much of a chad?

She's picked up Steven's passive aggressive powers, but they may fall back into old habits now that Steven has been replaced with Spinel.

so he can play more guitars? efficient.

Damn straight, why should anyone care for the well-being of an asshole who came down and fucked my shit up?

"I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing." was pretty good.

Drama llama aunt.

Worth noting that while she's making an effort to appease Steven, she doesn't really 'get it' and seems very flippant about the whole treating everyone equally thing

> why should anyone care for the well-being of an asshole who came down and fucked my shit up
Have we been watching the same show?

She understands the concepts of fluid-exchange.

In the scene where Steven and Spinel are singing Found, Steven sings out as he says that Spinel just needs to find someone to love her, implying that the person for her is out there, somewhere. Meanwhile, Spinel sings the line while looking squarely at Steven, because she believes Steven IS her "someone".

There was a webm of this as well, but never saved it like a dumb dumb.

Attached: 1567930637268.jpg (710x910, 263K)

I missed this part

Attached: spinelno.png (763x429, 99K)

That's a song you REALLY have to listen to a few more times after watching the movie all the way through to get how much of a gut punch it all was.

>TFW you've not only been abandoned by the person you've loved for 6k years, but you're also utterly forgotten

Attached: Snap.webm (640x360, 514K)

same reason he didn't hug her

still, imagine if spinel was just her goofy amnesiac self for a few years, making friends with everyone, then she happens to regain her memories in the middle of steven and connie's wedding or some shit.

Attached: 1546273853048.jpg (447x810, 59K)

Old habits die hard
I’m still on the fence whether getting people to ship them was Sugar’s intent.

Her delivery during the song was phenomenal.
>Let's play another game, this time I get to win!
>Lives on the line, winner takes all, ready or not LET'S BEGIN!

Hey, the fact that she's making an effort and actually showing a bit of emotion is a lot more compared to how she was when Steven first met her.

>"And Pink Diamond's Pearl"
>Spinel knew Pearl
>Your best friend took her fucking butler but not you

Attached: 1567596779513.jpg (299x391, 58K)

>Spinel can swell up to Diamond size at will.

>she genuinely thinks he's her friend
>she doesn't realise he's been the therapist friend for many more gems before her and he's mentally checking out already
fuck.

>when we next meet spinel she will be shapeshifted into a fucking diamond size and have changed her pupils and everything

I kinda doubt she could hold it all day.

The whole song is like that
She thinks she's found a new friend, but Steven is just giving her the basic "cheer up slut" pep talk and rushing her towards the teleporter
She even has to finish the song by herself because he's already peaced the fuck out of the room to hurry towards the shit he actually cares about

Let's take a trip back in time for a moment.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/101840424/

See how much has changed.

>the next time we see spinel is the last episode of season 6 where she has shapeshifted into pink diamond and is living out an obsessive fantasy with the other diamonds where pink diamond never left and grew up to the same size as the others

How she begins the next line after that was also insane, the VA is incredible

Never mind, found it.

Attached: 1567632480585.webm (1440x810, 2.17M)

Both of those are physical descriptions, though. It’s just that one is a little less detailed.

>Implying Spinel even needs a weapon

Attached: 11d32e029d4a39606c4693879e5a5590.jpg (500x889, 85K)

>turns out they like her better than pink diamond

she didn't get a single one wrong.
"mm, you guys not know how to play tag?"

>"An Agate terrifies, a Lapis terraforms"

That said Lapis is the most poorly written of the bunch so she might be an exception.

steven you fucking hug her right now

The way she just growls it out even more pissed than before is fantastic.
God, her delivery of
>Why do you have that

I was honestly wondering why she even bothered to bring the scythe by the time she was forming the fist that will pierce the heavens and spring-punching steven into the earth

Pink: "You guys need to do things differently and listen to what I say."

Spinel: "Whatever you guys say is good by me!"

I like how I was able to watch the movie after not having watched the show since mid season 4. Literally the only thing that was different was that the diamonds werent trying to kill steven anymore. An entire season and a half and thats the only thing that mattered, and it only mattered for like the first 5 minutes of the movie.

Lapis should have fucked off to HW or be shattered. her character is pointless.

>gooood question!
>you mean *I* can just forget this ever happened!
>WHAT A PLAN
>my diamonds...s.ssss

so quotable. normally sugar's decision to hire huge singers who never did cartoons instead of lower budget VAs is questionable but holy fuck did she cast good with this one.

She wanted to reset Steven and friends so they couldn't stop her from blasting the pink goo into the Earth.
If you want to go further, talk-no-jutsu counter.

Honestly that only even changed in the last episodes of season 5
It was insanely rushed

>So if we don't try very hard to clean up this colony it's fine by you?
>I literally tried to poison a planet ten minutes ago lololol
>I think we'll get on wonderfully, new daughter

Not only a great VA, but an equally great character, in a movie that's the best the series has been in years
It's very rare the stars align this hard and we get something that's an actual 10/10

spite. pink forget her, now steven has to know what it's like to be forgotten
remember, after garnet gets reformed, she says 'do i know you?' and spinel says 'good question!'..even amnesiac she knew that was something that pleased her.

>the way she follows him like a lost puppy throughout that whole sequence
It gets harder to watch the more I see it

Attached: 1543428772471.jpg (500x338, 136K)

>>my diamonds...s.ssss
I love that goofy little 3-diamond salute and her nervous smile.

She's probably the only character on the show I can say with confidence I hate. She's selfish and all of her "badass" moments don't show she grew at all.

Her "I've felt worse" line to Blue fucking pisses me off so much. That's not growth. That's continuing to paint Lapis as "oh she's had it worse than everyone else in the entire show" which is the most stupid treatment ever because that's entirely subjective.

What a disappointment

Season 2 was so good. Its a shame

having a huge lore filled series with plot hooks and such is basically writer hard mode. spinel was good because she had to be introduced and completely satisfying within only the context of the movie.

Attached: 1567817621849.png (1280x1600, 547K)

would spinel be immune to the diamond tear ray?

Dunno, why would she be? To be fair I only watched that special once.

i love it when they get creative and unique with the body language for a change. like peridot's limb enhancers before those went in the bin

Attached: 1500794811233.png (413x359, 171K)

It’s like an abuse victim latching in to their therapist.

it's implied lapis was immune because depression

i don't get why people think steven didn't care about spinel? during Found, he literally asked her to live on earth, and after the injector blew up and spinel started walking away he went after her. to me it seemed like he was going to give her space, not get rid of her. letting her go with the diamonds as well made sense to me, they all miss pink and can cope and grieve together. i don't think they're trying to make her a new pink

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't all bad
It's just that shit starts happening really fast out of basically nowhere, and then the last five minutes or so is worst example of Talk-no-jutsu in the entire show, especially when everyone was half-sure that White Diamond would finally be the villain that would be unreachable, she was set up as literally having no emotions and just a nominal facade of a personality

people are just overreacting because he's notably less eager than s1/2 steven would be to be her friend

visual comedy is lacking in a lot of shows these days. I think gumball does it most at this point

Spinel just can’t handle that Steven is gonna care about other people, she wants to be his one and only.

He cared, he just didn't really understand Spinel and was focused on matters he considered more pressing

No one's immune to it. She, like Lapis, may just not find it debilitating.

Lapis being sad makes no sense she was just trapped in a mirror for thousands of years so she should have just went insane not sobby wobby.

Ever since dewey wins, where steven cared more about winning him the election than saving lars from being trapped in space (even when his parents came to steven crying), I just realized that steven has been a psycho this entire time and is just really good at hiding it. He only slips up once in awhile

And thats fine because she is his WIFE.

Spite and Utility
>Spite Steven by making him lose his friends, resetting them to their base forms, also completely pacifies them when they reform instead of them just getting back up to attack her again and again
>Unlockable 1 shot knockout if a single hit connects
>Possibly Forget the horrible 6000 years of waiting if he uses it on her
>Possibly Bring Back Pink
>A 1v4 where the others have weapons and you don't
Would you rather fight with your bare hands against 4 people with weapons or use a magic stick that give amnesia with a single touch?

>she points to her streaky mascara
>"yeah you're kind of late on that one"

lapis never cried until diamond tear ray

Attached: feetpis lazuli.gif (569x420, 286K)

Yeah I would've preferred they kept White as the one villain Steven couldn't talk his way out of fighting to the death. I get that "talking is important" is a huge lesson in the show but you gotta also show that there are some people you can't reach with words alone

I wish she'd built some new ones or something in the timeskip. I get the whole deal is "you don't need them you're already perfect" but maybe she just liked being tall and having an ipad in her arms?

No, I completely agree. Spinel just has severe issues with abandonment and attachment. He could have done a better job at explaining how much Spinel really meant to him (that is, making it clear that he wasn't just using her as a tool), but it wasn't wholly his fault that Spinel freaked out and relapsed like that.

well her gem was cracked so if I remember correctly it was a combination of the isolation unless someone wanted to use the mirror she was the power source of and alot of physical pain the entire time, though my memory could be wrong.

steven's not a psycho. he just read the script so he knows everything is going to be fine.

White would have eventually killed Steven in Change Your Mind thats why he had to TnJ her.

imagine lapis

no

Attached: 404 lapis not found.jpg (1059x831, 101K)

maybe not to the death, but if he'd convinced blue and yellow to fuse with him and fight her to a standstill, i think that would have kept to the themes of the show and steven's strengths as a character. some people you really just have to defeat and move on.

Killing Steven is the perfect FU to Pink though, Pink literallly end her life for this faggot and her demise meant she died for nothing the ultimate poetic justice for all she did to Spinel and millions of gems.

LOL
fucking based

>you will die alone and forgotten :))
>just like i thought i would :)))

Here's a thought:
Spinel being left in the garden was literally Lapis' story of being trapped in a mirror except better in every way

Dumb

yknow if steven actually died, and pink diamond is "gone" or whatever, then what actually happens to his gem at that point?
if becoming steven actually changed the properties of the actual gem that is half of him to the point where pink diamond wont reform, i dont really grasp what is suppposed to happen there.

Pink Steven is not our Steven, our Steven is the meatsuit around Pink Steven.

It's not that he didn't care, it's that he behaved noticeably careless compared to how the audience would have behaved in his situation. He just talked somebody fragile into compliance, and really needed to just glue himself to her until it was obvious that it wasn't needed anymore. It was obvious to the audience that Steven was screwing up. There isn't a real story problem with a hero screwing things up, except it's weird when nobody notices but the audience.

40k fags are gonna start swarming in. Guess I should put in my own five cents.
>A common Ruby is stronger and tougher than a human, very agile, as well as able to summon a weapon, produce intense heat at will, and form into a deadlier version of herselves via fusion
Which is negated by:
1.) Lasguns and other ranged weaponry which negate any melee advantage.
2.) The Imperium's armor which rips apart the massive hiveworld buildings like they're nothing.
3.) Fusion isn't going to mean shit when a Catachan blasts you to pieces with a handheld artillery cannon.

>A ruby isn't going to be effected at all by a lasgun
You... Really don't understand 40k. A single lasgun is capable of tearing apart an entire wall. A entire regiment will shred a building like it's mincemeat. Keep in mind, 40k buildings are largely made of concrete. In such a scenario, the melee based gems would get shredded by the guardsmen long before they even got close. Then there's the Imperium's impressive arsenal of tanks, aeronautics, and extra solar weapons that would trounce whatever the gems brought out to bear-Diamond would go down getting blasted to bits by orbital cannons and mass artillery strikes. The fact they're one of the weakest factions should tell you leagues about what the Gems are about to face.

>We also see that they too have Exterminatus-tier weaponry, and the capability of killing a planet that also produces something that likely is meant for planet-killing!
True-but keep in mind the Imperium has more options than the Gems. Hell, if the Guard really wanted to keep Homeworld they'd just shell the planet into smithereens, until there was nothing but rubble.

>extragalactic
I've seen no evidence of that, they're interstellar at most. Maybe even interplanetary given what little we know about SU's worldbuilding. Even if the gems were, they're not 'nids. They don't have the overwhelming force of the bugs, even with kindergartens.

>talkin' shit about my man Kevin
Jealous eh?

Attached: d6338db-4486cfb2-cfdd-4de8-aa6c-190d53124a02.jpg (508x850, 100K)

au where spinel was a diamond who actually got on with her family and was a-ok with killing all the humans and rose was her spinel

Attached: 1499896812931.png (1009x1200, 884K)

Would Pink have gotten shattered, or is she in a bubble somewhere?

I don't know, she seemed to be able to blow them the fuck out pretty easily without it

Well, nobody knows where we go when we die--if God's real, if there's ANY kind of afterlife, if it's just nothingness...or even worse if isekai bullshit starts up.

Nobody knows. I doubt we're going to see that far into the future where Steven's human half finally (if ever) gives out, or if he has the capacity to pass his gemstone down to a descendant be it a child he fathers or what.

He wasn’t the answer to her problems. She wanted to kill him, it’s not healthy for either of them to interact

>The Diamonds were experimenting on sticking gem fragments together, because Pink had left those fake diamond shards behind.

What are you trying to reply to?

>diamonds couldnt tell pink's shards were fucking fake as there is no way ordinary rock is the same as gems since their rocks fucking glow and shit.

I was waiting for more progress on the forced fusions, like Steven figuring out how to heal them into being regular whole beings, albeit ones built from the shards of others.
If it were possible, Gems would be infinitely recyclable.

Attached: amalgem.png (640x1120, 190K)

>compared to how the audience would have behaved in his situation.
I disagree. Like I said, Steven didn't make all of the right moves, but what he did his pretty understandable, if not even overly altruistic compared to what anyone would do in that situation. There was literally a time bomb about to go off that could conceivably destroy all life on earth. It makes sense for him to be in a bit of a hurry.

And on top of that, don't forget that Spinel started to lose it after being turned away from for all of 10 seconds.

Bismuth was that, until Sucrose decided she would become an actual side character and had spent enough time in gay baby jail
Pink was that villain the whole time, and this movie reinforces that, if they contrive a reason to bring her back in season 6 then I'm sure that's how it'll end

Well, so did Peridot, sort of. But Jasper wasn't around either and she was the only gem who basically had to be put down.

But it's still unhealthy for them to try to be friends again--for right now, given how badly Pink hurt her. Peridot needed to be shown a life outside of an asigned role. Lapis needed to be free and also needed stability in her life. They didn't have any true personal malice or a vendetta against Steven/Rose.

Jasper spend millennia hating Rose for "killing" Pink, could not be reasoned with, and probably will need time to come to fucking terms with how her revenge was based all on a lie and the person she put on a pedestal was the cause of it all.

Spinel needs help. Steven *will* help her but at the moment, letting her make new friends and total clean slate everything is probably a healthier starting place than having her help clean up the town, learn about hot dogs or whatever, etc. all while Rose's progeny is standing right there.

Gem fusions are just their light bodies combining so sticking the gems together shouldnt do shit. A real force fusion experiment would be a device that causes gem to autofuse with each other outside of their control and considering a literal factory reset device is archaic to them, this is just an example of how bad Sugar's writing is.

>being this young

hmm
spinel always was 'pink diamond'. and i imagine she'd be kinder than pink, very considerate to the feelings of others. but she'd have none of pink's desire to better herself, or love for organics. she'd only not nuke the planet because she didn't want to hurt her old pal rose.

she'd be the worst diamond for steven to deal with

Attached: 1565637718697.gif (1008x1001, 251K)

If anything that is an accurate part on having a depressed attitude, it's more that she doesn't feel much. But what bothers me is that she never really stops being selfish. Even with the infamous Lapis and Peridot episodes, she practically has Peridot whipped because "she's been through so much"

I'm still surprised that humans having been possessed by gems or gem shards in their jewelry. It's just so obvious. Gems already control objects they get embedded into. A fragment that found its way into some earrings, would suddenly have fully functioning body to use.

this would have been a great townie episode. sadie or someone gets earrings and gets gem possessed.

But that's still retard, most of it was already injected, how do you just fucking kiss that better? It removes any stakes the movie pretended it had.

I heard that gemstone jewelry flat-out doesn't exist in their universe. It makes sense when you look at the townies.

The only gem that has displayed any real ability to control organic life is pink

Reminder not a single ex-corrupted crystal gem tried to stop the injector.

>sticking the gems together shouldnt do shit
Well, it does though. Remember the hands that got all gropy on Garnet when they first found the Cluster stuff? Sure they're mindless light projections made from chunks of dead people, but I could see Steven figuring out how to give those things new life.
That's sorta what we got with Frybo, isn't it? Still, interesting idea for a filler episode.

Attached: amalgem and steven.png (786x1389, 283K)

Careful now, he's going to write a epilogue where the gems get:
a.) Purified by the Imperium.
b.) Get bought out by Ferengi and end up being slaves.
c.) Assimilated into the Overmind by the Overlords (he's well read, that much is certain).

It was stopped before it got to 'everything's fucked' levels

There was a gem in the lighthouse wall. There was a gem in a mirror. Homeworld was full of doors and walls that had gems embedded into them.

Why would sticking gems together cause a fusion reaction if its done by their light bodies?

>"Hey what are they doing over there? Eh, not my problem, I'm sure they got this"

they were saving the townies or some shit

Human beings are not rocks and mirrors

Aliens gonna be aliens I guess.

His tears can revive the dead and his spit healed his dad’s dead arm. He’s very strong.

Well that makes sense considering the ancient race of super powered god beings and fuckass violent monsters always have gems in/on them
I'd stay away from that shit if I was an SU human

Which was also the reaction everyone in town had to the injector the entire goddamn day until it started visibly destroying the entire environment around it
Even the B-Team acted like they didn't even notice it until Steven pointed it out

>Oh, they must be doing some gardening or something

It’s a big town.

They really could explain Frybo differently now that they have built more actual lore and aren't telling Steven that everything is magic.

Lines are admittedly blurry with super science and magic.

So what was inside? Was it a mirror at the bottom to show Steven that he was Rose's greatest treasure of all?

Attached: SU_Movie_184.png (1912x1072, 1.4M)

Traditionally, trunks are full of clothing.

But by that point, at the very least, Beach City should have been fucked beyond repair, having Steven just make it better is like saying "the main threat of this movie didn't really matter".

But then that just makes pretending there were any stakes pointless.

Inside was proof that S6 is going to take place before the timeskip.

That thing was fucking massive and cleared the goddamn weather when it dropped
It's like if the ground shook and the skies cleared and suddenly your little flat beach town had a big neon skyscraper looming right at the edge

SU has always been bad at stakes

i was kind of hoping they'd all have to move into little homeworld, but what can you do

>Why would sticking gems together cause a fusion reaction if its done by their light bodies?
It's forced, hence the name "forced fusion". Keep in mind they were experiments and incubated in the ground for a while like any other gem, so it's possible they just got squirted with some of Yellow/Blue's sweat before burial and that gave them a spark of life back.

>just the pole

Hm, was the flag hung up in the house somewhere and I just didn't notice?

>Born as a Nephrite
>Be a Friar Tuck looking mofo instead of having a glorious mane

>Rose's chest has a mirror to show her own face
>People take it as saying Steven is her treasure
She can't keep getting away with this.

>it's full of Greg's boxers

No fuck you we're getting more Spinel I will not consider any other possibilities

I always thought that was her helmet/cap, since she was a pilot.

How rewatchable is SU?

State the amount of times you've rewatched it if you have

Attached: 4a9a7b09-f362-49a2-8d03-661128945df3.jpg (827x674, 110K)

If you look closely you can see the exact moment she decided to go from "Fuck up his House" to "Murder Him and his friends"

i've watched a couple episodes a few times.

based

I keep having this theory that it was something that greatly affected Steven. So much, that it's what finally made him age up.

it was another tape, this one telling steven that she's the worst person presently alive

Attached: 1564349233436.jpg (236x281, 17K)

I have an idea

Attached: a32[1].png (1200x900, 938K)

I only just noticed this, but Spinel's eyelashes stick to her cheeks when she's mad. Just like her punished form.

Attached: NO.png (1360x768, 427K)

I've never rewatched, but I've seen a bunch of episodes multiple times because I'm the kind of faggot that watches reaction videos
I've probably seen this movie like ten times by now

>"Your father wanted you to have this when you were ready"

One-off self contained episodes are pretty easy to re-watch. For stuff that advances the overarching plot, they are kinda ruined by already knowing how everything ends.

Why isn't there a version of "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE"
With Steven yet?

Attached: ANNOUNCEMENT.png (500x500, 335K)

>That scene of every gem around the galaxy watching Steven, but it's Gerald Robotnik's manifesto

>Steven cleans up all of Pink's messes.
>Dies of old age.
>Pink returns and enjoys the results.

>something that finally made him age up

If anything I think that would've been the whole experience of having his gem removed and realising it's him in there now.

All according to plan.

There is
enevun.tumblr.com/post/187470001805/pink-diamonds-a-bitch-ass-motherfucker

He's really not in there though, it's just got his shape stuck in it, like an ass imprint on a chair
It was completely emotionless and lacked personality until it reunited with him

However you want to interpret it, there's no denying the whole thing was traumatizing and enlightening so it was likely that which changed how he looked at himself and therefore, his image changed with him.

Yeah, fair
I suppose the ensuing several years of helping to dismantle a galactic empire would also help

I was just thinking of this but with Pearl

>it's some strange device
>Steven touches it and a hologram of Rose appears
>"Steven, if you are seeing this that means you've finally come of age. I'm sure by now you have a lifetime of memories, so many moments that only your human side could help you truly appreciate. That means it's finally time for me to return."
>the device suddenly attaches itself to Steven's gem
>"I've spent so much time around humans, but being with them is not the same as being one of them. Through you, I wanted to experience that firsthand and see what it's like to experience life on Earth as a real human."
>Steven struggles to pull the device off, but it's on there good
>"I hope you'll understand, but that means I have to reclaim my gem. You memories will live in on me, and I will treasure them forever."
>the device finally pulls Steven's gem off, and carries it away, then after a few moments if flashes and the silhouette of Pink Diamond appears
>Steven lays weak and dying without his gem as Pink reappears
>she picks him up and holds him like a baby
>"Thank you Steven, I'm glad that I was able to hold you at least once, but you'll live on through me now. Thanks to you I now understand what it feels like to life a full life as a human."

It was a lot of fun rewatching the series with Yea Forums during the marathon. Never really cared o rewatch it before, but because of that, I downloaded the series to watch the ones I missed.

Not only is rewatching the first few seasons great to see all of the foreshadowing, it's just worth rewatching the show in a format that isn't half a dozen episodes per year.

Attached: 1426292254295.png (600x807, 163K)

How would various people react to this?

/d/ level weirdness.

>But then that just makes pretending there were any stakes pointless
Do you not remember the cluster?

That's actually what would happen if Pearl and Spinel Swapped places in an AU
Pearl would be dead set on getting revenge on the Murdercock instead of Steven

>I've come to make an announcement:
>Greg Universe is a bitch ass motherfucker!
>He pissed on my fucking Diamond!
>Thats right!
>He took his Human Murder COCK out, and he pissed on my FUCKING DIAMOND
>and he said his dick was "T H I S B I G..."
>and I said "Thats Disgusting!"
>So I'm making a callout post on my twitter dot com
>Greg Universe, you have a SMALL DICK!
>it's like the size of this pebble, but way smaller!
>And guess what?
>HERES WHAT MY DONG LOOKS LIKE
>*B O O M*
>Thats right baby!
>All point, no quills, no PILLOWS.
>Look at this, it looks like Two balls and a SEA SPIRE
>He fucked my DIAMOND
>So guess what?
>I'M GONNA FUCK THE EARTH.
>That's Right!
>That's what you get!
>MY SUPER LASER PISS!
>except I'm not gonna piss on the earth.
>I'm gonna go higher, I'm gonna piss on the MOON!
>*BOOM*
>How do you like that WHITE DIAMOND? I pissed on the MOON you IDIOT!
>you have 23 Hours before the PISS DROPLETS Hit the earth
>now get OUT of my fucking sight before I piss on you TOO!

>series finale is the Crystal Gems battling Pink Diamond, with Pearl being the one to deliver the killing blow
>they find a way to resurrect Steven using the pieces of Pink Diamond's gem to form a new one that is wholly Steven's

Yes he does, he's just asleep the whole time.

There's really no need for some literal plot device, he could just get his gem ripped out for more than thirty seconds so it can shake off his stank and do a system restore

We don't think he cares because he obviously doesn't care.

Except a real therapist would notice and handle it correctly.

True, but the entire point is that this really shouldn't be Steven's job. He's stuck cleaning up another one of his mom's messes, so he has to try to find a way to fix this despite having no idea how he's supposed to handle this.

It would be a good arc for Steven to get knocked down a couple of pegs and have to accept that he has some things to learn. A good lesson he could get from an older person like Greg.